The Prequel Trilogy: Redux (Trailer fixed and in HD)

Sasori

Lately I watched the entire Prequel Trilogy and suffered through it the whole way, the script was just terrible. With that said I am making it my personal mission to rewrite the entirety of the Prequel Trilogy. I will be posting it bit by bit here, hopefully splitting each film into three parts to keep the length of each post down.

Edited by Guest

SOCeTJx.png?1

Resident Tech and Video Game Geek

Well, crap, Sasori is correct.

Good luck. I made it my mission once too, with a friend. We decided that it should focus on the Clone Wars, rather than the romance, and that it should feel like a prequel to the Original Trilogy rather than something slapped on. We based the characters off of what was said in the OT, completely changed the events... no more Maul, Naboo, Gungans. It was about Clones. Fighting. Things. None of that silly romance deal. So overall it felt very different.

Good luck.

I also made it a goal to rewrite Twilight once... but... I'm not so sure the dialogue can be saved.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

We decided that it should focus on the Clone Wars, rather than the romance, and that it should feel like a prequel to the Original Trilogy rather than something slapped on.

Wow, the PT being a prequel to the OT? What a brilliant idea. Too bad Lucas didn't have it.

Good luck, Sasori! I once wrote a plot synopsis of what I'd like to have seen in the PT, but an entire rewrite is a lofty task. I'll be interested to see what you come up with.

tjm2.jpg

Only after we've lost everything are we free to do anything.

Paper Street Press

We decided that it should focus on the Clone Wars, rather than the romance, and that it should feel like a prequel to the Original Trilogy rather than something slapped on.

Wow, the PT being a prequel to the OT? What a brilliant idea. Too bad Lucas didn't have it.

That... was... our thoughts. Our thoughts EXACTLY. You know, it would set up the Clone War instead of glazing over the Clone War, be primarily about a Clone War, destroy the Jedi Order, explain why Leia REMEMBERED her mother rather than some bs about Force sensitivity, use the Jedi as they were described from the OT... and overall, the galaxy would feel like it was part of the same galaxy, only 20 years before.

Now, don't get me wrong. I love the idea of 'the galaxy as it was absolutely collapses and in twenty years people have all but forgotten the Jedi Order and been brainwashed by the Empire', etc, but there's not really any trace of that old galaxy in the new galaxy... I actually kind of liked the 'everything goes from political red tape and peace to the rebels fighting for their very lives against an oppressive empire'... but I wanted to write a story where there wasn't such a dramatic fall, and where more pieces fit together. A prequel. 20 years before. I may still write it.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished the opening Everything is in alpha stage so only the plot is set, but no story or anything yet, and I am writing this like a screenplay so it may be some time before we see anything but, I can get this cranked out until I finish the first screenplay for Episode 1 (which I only have about 8 scenes completed, and they are pretty short).

WATCH IT HERE!

EDIT: Just noticed the typo. Sorry, but I am not redoing this.

Also, if anyone has certain elements or suggestions on how they would love to see the Prequel go, post it here so I can appeal to the hardcore geeks like us who want this to be perfect and so I have someone to challenge me and I don't George Lucas this crap.

And yes I just used George Lucas as a verb.

EDIT 2: Germany is blocking the video because I am using audio apparently owned by Sony.

SOCeTJx.png?1

Not to be a jackass or anything, but you had a typo. Right near the end it says "to save the planet FORM the domination of the Confederacy."

I am impressed with how you got the 20th Century FOX and LucasArts style logos to look pretty good.

I mentioned this already if you look at my original post. I just don't feel like redoing that whole friggin sequence.

SOCeTJx.png?1

Not to be a jackass or anything, but you had a typo. Right near the end it says "to save the planet FORM the domination of the Confederacy."

I am impressed with how you got the 20th Century FOX and LucasArts style logos to look pretty good.

I mentioned this already if you look at my original post. I just don't feel like redoing that whole friggin sequence.

You also have a typo at the beginning of the paragraph: "Two Jedi Knights had found enemy plan..." I know you aren't going to redo it, but I wanted to point it out.

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

You have to redo it. I've been going back and fixing things in previous chapters of my story, because if I find some sort of typo, I CANNOT STAND IT, and I have to impulsively fix it immediately.

It's your BIG project man. You've gotta do it! You've gotta!

apeditname.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since November 2002.]

Member of the Four Horsemen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPpZOBOGFDA

Trailer is fixed, had some tweaks and now is in glorious 720p HD.

I will have the first couple scenes up here in a few days. I want this to be perfect so I am not rushing through it like some certain multi-billionaire has done. Also, I will be doing additional trailers and promos.

SOCeTJx.png?1

Show don't tell.

By which I mean, post the first part of your story.

I am nearly done, I don't want to George Lucas this thing up.

SOCeTJx.png?1

• 2 weeks later...

Alright guys I am nearly done with the first part of Episode I. Running this through a fine toothed comb to make sure I don't pull a George Lucas.

SOCeTJx.png?1