Lehon - Jedi Temple

Kakuto Ryu

“Hey, Darex.” When Armiena returned her old comrade’s grin, for a moment there was a trace of her old self in her face, before she became took the mantle of the Jedi Grandmaster and accepted the burden of partially leading the resistance against the Empire, before her downfall at the hands of Vladimir Faust and her self-imposed exile from life as a public figure. Certainly she didn’t appear exhausted as she had at their last meeting, even if she had chopped off a considerable portion of what used to be an almost excessively long braid of hair. However, the war had happened and so had the peace, and while the wounds that she had suffered during peacetime didn’t heal into visible scars, she had clearly aged.

Those lines deepened when her ex-husband, Aryian Darkfire, announced his presence. Armiena knew that he was close by--her skills hadn’t dulled to the point that she couldn’t even recognize a familiar signature in the Force. Hearing his voice was an entirely different matter. He was older—but weren’t they all?—but he’d at least had the good grace to age well. His hair had matured into a rather distinctive peppery color, and somehow he had managed to maintain the training routine that had kept both of them in the peak of physical condition.

Armiena had once read that there was a fine line between love and hate. Even at the time she had thought that to be a load of melodramatic nonsense invented for the pre-teen novel industry, and even more so as an adult, when she had a career that involved taking life and witnessing suffering on an indescribable scale with depressing regularity. Now, upon seeing her former husband for the first time in years—after the war, and his disappearance, and after Faust—the Alderaanian had to admit that there might have been some truth to that overused adage. At the moment she wasn’t sure how to react to him. She wasn’t sure whether she wanted to slap him, or shove one of her dud grenades into his mouth and enjoy the look of panic on his face when he thought that his life expectancy had just been shortened to three seconds, or to grab his butt and see if years of relative peace hadn’t taken the same toll on his muscularity that it did on hers.

Seeing him again was supposed to be easier than this. At this moment, Armiena had no idea what she was supposed to say. She settled for a simple greeting in the hopes that in the next few minutes she would be able to collect her disorganized thoughts.

“Hello, Aryian.”

Conscious of the fact that there was still one rather anxious young Jedi who wasn’t quite sure of her intentions, Armiena returned her attention to the Temple’s guardian and the four armed security. Realizing that her heavily-armed appearance, festooned with enough explosives to outfit a trigger-happy Talon grenadier, was not entirely appropriate for a Jedi Temple that was unaccustomed to her militaristic habits, she decided to at least remove her grenades. Plucking them from her belt with the Force, she collected them into a metallic cloud and tossed them into the cockpit of the Switchblade. The warheads clattering as they landed, Armiena triggered the canopy of the ship to shut via her implant and sealed the daggerlike fighter, lest a curious gearhead stumble upon an explosive surprise.

“Better? Oh, Force, exercise some weapons discipline and point that rifle somewhere else before I make you poke out your own eye with it,” she complained to the anxious security team, who had understandably flinched a little at the sudden movement. “Darex, is there some place a little more private where we can talk? You too, Aryian.” Armiena added to her husband, though the words sounded as though they were sandpaper coming out of her throat. “Look, we were both awful to each other, and I’m not sure if I’m past that, but we were too good of a team for me to hate you.”

Perhaps that was giving her ex-husband too much credit. Still, one of her first acts as Jedi Grandmaster was to “invite” a select few Jedi Masters to form a dream team of commanders with unmatched talents in leadership and combat, and for a while, it functioned spectacularly. The failure of their marriage aside, Aryian was simply too good at skullduggery and other kinds of explosive misbehavior for Armiena to isolate him out of spite.

drayyy.png

((As per the PM, Darex has my permission to move me in the next post to hasten the transition.))

Aryian nodded, grunting softly. Hesitantly, he reached out with the smallest bit of Force, telepathically sending Armiena his thoughts.

I understand. Business first, we can deal with...us...later.

He hoped she could trust him with whatever she had for them, without letting emotions get in the way. Or at the least, that they could resolve the tensions between them before crap hit the turntable. Like Skrillex's music.

Nah, real talk, Skrillex was actually not that terrible. Aryian did enjoy it every now and then when smoking his 'special blend of herbs' imported from Naboo. There was a reason the populace was so peaceful, and Aryian had partaken of that 'peace' a great many times in the past. Not really, but it's a total plot hole anyways.

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

Well, that went better than I was expecting, Darex thought as neither Armiena nor Aryian attacked each other on sight. It seemed that they were going to be mature and work this out like adults. The Grandmaster was about to make himself scarce when Armiena indicated she wanted to talk to him as well. He nodded. "Of course. Follow me."

Once Armiena had decided to leave behind her complement of grenades, Darex motioned for the two of them to follow him. As they walked through the temple, Jax clambered around for a piggy back ride, turning his normally respectable father into a pack animal. Darex gave a mock sigh of weary resignation, causing his son to giggle. The Jedi didn't look back at the man and woman following him, therefore he couldn't gauge their reactions, but he hoped privately that his son's antics would break the tension a little.

They arrived outside Darex's public office. The Grandmaster deposited Jax with his secretary, a Twi'lek Jedi Padawan who simply adored the boy, then punched in the code to open the door to the actual office itself. Entering, he flicked the lights on. The room was large for an office, but furnished in the typical spartan style of the Jedi. There was a desk with a few chairs on the far side of the room, and off to the right there was a bookshelf with a few momentos of Darex's life with the Order, framed by a sofa and two more chairs.

The door slid shut. "Can I get you anything to drink?" Darex asked his guests, crossing to the left side of the room, where he kept a caf brewing pot and a small cooling unit with a selection of juices.

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

Armiena spent the walk to Darex’s office in silence, her eyes cast downwards to an imaginary point about six meters ahead of the three Force Sensitives. The antics of Darex’s son—it had to be his, there was too much resemblance about him—were adorable, but the returned Jedi was too consumed by her personal thoughts to really be affected by him. Instead, she found herself missing Aidan even more. She found herself missing the years before her departure even more, even the lonely and the terrifying moments, which had come to be far too frequent after her ascension to leadership. Armiena stole a glance at Aryian when she thought he wasn’t paying attention.

Returning to the Jedi Order was supposed to be easier than this. Her feelings were supposed to have been clearer. It was supposed to have been easier to allow herself to hate her former husband. Nervously biting her lip, Armiena carefully stilled the surface of the Force about her presence to try to enjoy some emotional privacy. It had to be obvious to all three of them, even Darex’s child, that her emotions were transforming the serene lagoon of the Force in this Temple to hazardous waters. There wasn’t any need to disturb every Force Sensitive sentient with her personal torment.

However, after they entered Darex’s office and her old friend played the part of a gracious host by kindly offering a refreshment, a breach in Armiena’s emotional armor cracked open and a sudden flare of outrage came pouring out.

Her mouth opened as though to say something, her brow furrowing in a defensive expression. Armiena stopped herself before she said anything rash. If she remembered correctly, Darex had never been much for consuming alcohol. Maybe he would have a sample of whiskey in an unguarded moment, but never to excess, and certainly never while on duty. And her old friend, if he had known those details of her downfall, would have never brought it up as a form of temptation or mockery. He was too kind of a man to taunt her in such a fashion. No offense had been offered; she had simply been far too defensive.

The Alderaanian called upon one of her muscular relaxation exercises to force her shoulders out of their sudden tension. As the soothing wash of the Force subsided and Armiena stretched her neck, she nodded. “I’m sorry. A small caf would be wonderful. Black, please.”

Armiena stepped over to the bookshelf and examined items at random, tracing her fingers over one of the volumes. Actual books, she noted with a little smile, rather than the datapads and other forms of holographic and digital media that she had labored to convert some of the more esoteric portions of the Jedi Archives into. Darex had always been somewhat old-fashioned.

“I’d been planning to visit for a while. My… mother warned me of some disturbing developments in the more populated regions of the galaxy and requested that I returned to active duty. Oh, for Force’s sake…” Speaking of the MIraluka witch, a holographic notice pinged in her vision as a band of crimson on the edges of her sight, and Armiena slowly turned to face her old comrades. Her eyes darted to the side and the Alderaanian blinked hard, calling the alert to the center of her augmented vision.

It had to be something of a surprise to see that Armiena’s normally pale green eyes had been replaced by the image of urban carnage. Bodies in various states of ruin flickered in her eyes. Nearly all had been shot with a blaster at point-blank range… or that was what the veteran soldier surmised, as the damage done to many of the corpses bordered on incineration. Another had been stabbed in an almost elegant fashion, wounded in such a way that it must have taken nearly half an hour for the blood loss to kill the poor man. The mortal wound had almost certainly been inflicted by an extraordinarily talented assassin. Armiena glanced off to the side and the gruesome images were replaced by a white veil over her eyes.

“Sorry,” Armiena’s natural irises, pale emerald amongst the featureless sclera, appeared after a moment. Gone was the tone of personal doubt in her voice, replaced by a businesslike edge. “I wear implants over my eyes. They’re a bit like contact lenses… actually, exactly like that, but they place a holographic interface over my eyes rather than augmenting my vision. Combined with an algorithm that culls data from the Holonet based on location, content, parties involved, and some other information, I get to stay mostly informed on the events in the galaxy. Among other applications. Let me show you…”

Inhaling deeply after somehow managing to get out all that information in two breaths, Armiena tapped the communications disk on her belt and tossed it onto Darex’s desk. When the disc finally stabilized, the Alderaanian’s irises flickered all over her vision, blinking rapidly a few times to link the customized commlink with her implants. Armiena had chosen to leave out the sanguine images of the carnage that had just occurred, leaving only the sanitized, text-only news bulletin. There had just been a string of savage murders on Dantooine, depopulating a hole-in-the-wall tavern in one of the larger agricultural communities. The shooting spree would not have been extraordinary if it had taken place on a more populated world, but what was truly unusual was the fact that evidence pointed towards one of the more infamous Sith Masters, namely Jidai Geki.

“I was already planning on visiting Dantooine, but to pay my respects to Arlan.” Armiena gave a heavy sigh and slouched, closing her eyes. She suddenly felt far older than her forty years. “Is anyone on Dantooine?”

drayyy.png

"I don't get it."

Aryian got it, all right, but had to make it sound like he was putting two and two together for the sake of the story. In fact, he already knew the details and who was really behind it all, but if he mentioned any of that information or acted on it, then a giant space monkey archangel would appear out of nowhere and smash his post with a large hammer (called 'Ben' apparently), sending it to the abyss.

"Stuff like this happens all the time. The galaxy isn't exactly full of unicorns and rainbows. We all know that from hard experience. So what does Dantooine have to do with...?"

And then he made it look like the information hit him like a ton of bricks. His acting was superb. He'd learned from Batman. And if you don't think Batman can act, well...let's just say you shouldn't walk down the streets on a dark night. Because he WILL find you, and kick you in your junk. And remember, Batman has these nasty spiky blade things on his boots. But enough on the Dark Knight on a dark night, back to the story.

"The disturbance. You felt it too? You think this could have caused it?"

And silently he mused to himself that it was time to get an upgrade on his implant. Armiena's was cooler, and the law of the universe demanded that he had to one-up his ex wife somehow, preferably in a hilarious manner.

Blz1mwg.png

Darex didn’t comment on the sudden look of defensiveness and anger that had come over Armiena’s face. He didn’t know what it was connected with, but it could be anything. Instead, he brewed a cup of caf for her and another for himself as she brought up the topic she wished to discuss. When she did, he was unsurprised. He had just been meditating on the situation himself. However, he was impressed with Armiena’s quick assessment of the situation, and the way she had thought to tie it in with current events. That had led them to Dantooine, images on a news feed, and even a possible perpetrator.

“It does seem likely that the events are connected,” the Jedi Master mused. “A disturbance of this particular magnitude shows that whoever is behind this has no wish to hide. It does seem to fit with Master Geki’s style.” He took a seat across from Armiena and handed her the cup of caf. “As far as we know, Master Geki is still in CoreSec’s custody at a high-security detention center. I’ll have someone confirm that. There are several Sith and others that could be behind this massacre.”

He set his own cup down on the table. “Master Starlisk is currently on Dantooine, training an apprentice. It’s impossible that something of this magnitude could have occurred without his noticing.” His gaze defocused and he appeared to gaze out the window towards the ocean. After a moment, he shook himself. “Regardless, we need to investigate this. The blatant nature of it makes me feel certain that it is a trap, so we will need to proceed carefully.”

FDY9u6P.png

Aryian shrugged.

"So send a mouse in to get the cheese. I'm old and expendable, and if it isn't a trap I can do a decent amount of damage. In fact, I think I'll do a decent amount of damage just because. Gotta have fun somehow, right? Besides, apparently I can't die permanently thanks to the infinite supply of clones we have around here, so what's the harm? You know, unless you two want to have some fun too. Man, it feels like the good old days again."

It was also the first time he noticed the office had windows. Or that there was an ocean next to this temple. Or that Darex had a bald spot.

Blz1mwg.png

Armiena accepted the steaming cup of caf from Darex and nodded in thanks, cupping her hands around the curvature of the white ceramic and greedily inhaling the comforting aroma. It was odd that Dantooine would attract the malice of the Sith Order or some sleeper cells of the Empire. The planet simply didn’t have much strategic value. Sure, it had some interesting history and had been visited by some of the more infamous Sith Lords in the recent past, but beyond its status as an agro-world, it was a backwater.

That, and as far as the veteran Jedi was concerned, Dantooine was under her protection. Her deceased apprentice and his parents hailed from that world. On the occasions that Armiena had visited she had found it to be a thoroughly pleasant planet. The crystals housed within her lightsaber hilts were extracted from the caverns beneath its surface, and she had even come to think of it as a possible world to retire to if she felt the need to withdraw from galactic politics. Anyone that visited the planet with malicious intentions was going to have to answer to her.

Armiena accepted the steaming cup of caf from Darex and nodded in thanks, cupping her hands around the curvature of the white ceramic and greedily inhaling the comforting aroma of the beverage. The way this conversation was going, she needed the small comfort of the caf to anchor herself. Aryian had changed a lot since the last time they met, and the veteran Jedi didn’t quite approve of the change. She knew her former husband had a tendency to be somewhat preachy, to the point that he almost seemed to be searching for a cause to martyr himself for, but he had never shown such disregard for his own life.

She grimaced into her beverage and took a sip. It was a little bitter, but it was hot and heavily caffeinated, and that was what mattered at the moment. “You and I remember the old days very differently. But it is a trap and we’re going to have to spring it to get to the bottom of this. I’ll get Starlisk on comms. Hopefully he’ll have some answers.”

The errant Jedi stared at the communications disc laying on Darex’s desk for a moment, her eyes flicking from side to side seemingly at random for a few seconds. For a moment, an image of the former Admiral of the Rebellion appeared in her iris and Armiena stepped before her communications unit, setting down her cup of caf. A white light shone on the top of the device and turned the Alderaanian’s pale skin ghostly.

“Master Starlisk, it’s Draygo. Masters Trevelian and Darkfire are with me. We’ve all felt a disturbance in the Force originating from the Galactic Rim and suspect that the source may be from Dantooine. Has anything unusual happened? Please respond.”

Now, that felt a lot like the old days.

drayyy.png

Onderin responded to the comm after just a moment.

"Master Draygo, I am currently on Dantooine and can confirm that the disturbance occurred on-world. I have not approached the site of the incident but I believe it to be the work of a powerful Force practitioner. I was contacted via the Force by what I believe to be the perpetrator and he or she gave me reason to believe that the next target is Coronet City. I recommend making haste for Corellia, and I will meet you there as soon as I can."

3C12kbA.png

There is nothing good in war. There is good in why we fight them.

The holocommunicator chimed closely after the sending of Armiena’s message, indicating that another communique had been received. The errant Jedi listened as Starlisk’s voice filled the room and she forced herself to not react angrily to the message. She had never cared much for the former Admiral of the Rebellion and came to despise the Corellian after the end of the war, but there was no reason for her personal misgivings to interfere with business. Armiena would have to wait for those to be resolved later.

At least he had responded almost immediately.

“There you have it. Corellia.” Armiena stared down into her caf and gave out another sigh. “I am going to take a somewhat circuitous route to Corellia and come out of hyperspace in one of the civilian trade lanes. From there I’ll disguise the Switchblade as a single-pilot freighter and make my way towards the planet surface. It will put me at a slight disadvantage, but I don’t know what I’m looking for in the first place, and I’ll be able to respond to anything that develops on short notice. Besides, not very many people know that I’m back yet. It could be useful to keep me in reserve. Good luck to both of you.” The Alderaanian downed the remains of her coffee in one gulp, setting the emptied mug on Darex’s workspace.

Just like the old days.

She made her way to the hangar, this time unaccompanied by the Temple’s security. Once she arrived at her ship, Armiena took the time to make some highly illegal modifications to her engines which would alter the emission spectrum of the Switchblade’s exhaust, as well as some equally illicit tweaks to its ID transponders. All in all, she estimated the damage done to be worth about ten years in medium-security penitentiary if she was ever arrested. Afterwards, Armiena retrieved her grenades and her armor from the Switchblade’s miniscule cargo hold, then sat in the cockpit for a few minutes,speaking quietly into her communications unit as an eerie glow of white light from the device illuminated her face. Whatever she was saying, she was clearly upset and on the brink of tears.

Eventually she nodded and closed down the enhanced comlink, then sealed the canopy of her starfighter and took wing. Shortly afterwards she disappeared into hyperspace along with her two Wolf Spiders.

drayyy.png

The conversation with Starlisk was short, but informative. It appeared there were no leads on who the perpetrator was, but Darex felt sure that a closer examination of the site on Dantooine would reveal much. He was about to suggest that Onderin stay for another hour before heading to Corellia so that he could check out the site of the devestation, but Master Draygo had other ideas. She shut down the comm and began talking a mile a minute of her plans to head to Corellia.

"Armiena," Darex tried to say. "Arm--" But she was already out the door.

He traded a glance with Aryian. "I agree we should go to Corellia, but someone should also investigate the disturbance on Dantooine. If we know what happened, we will be better prepared to counter whoever did this and prevent him from doing it again." He rose and picked up Armiena's empty mug. "Go on, follow her. Master Starlisk and I will meet both of you outside the Coronet City downtown opera house at 1400 local time in two days." That would give them time to take the circuitous route if they wanted, and for them to get intel from the incident on Dantooine. He checked his chrono. If he was going to get to Dantooine in time to investigate the site, he was going to have to leave immediately.

He cleaned the dishes they had been using while he made preparations for his departure from Lehon. There were protocols to enact, safety measures to put in place, and the proper people to be notified. He also commed Onderin to let his fellow master know he was coming. An hour later, he was heading for the hanger with Jax, carrying nothing but a fresh cloak and robe, his lightsaber back in place on his hip. The two Trevelians boarded a Lambda-class shuttle and blasted off Lehon.

Darex's first stop would be the Eternal Vigilence. Jax would be left with his mother and the floating temple would be sent to new coordinates. Then, it was full speed towards Dantooine.

FDY9u6P.png

Aryian shrugged, leaving without a word. there wasn't much more to say or do. Making his preparations, he prepped his ship inshort order, sending out a tight-band encrypted comm burst before he took off with coordinates and a single word before he lifted off, leaving Lehon behind.

Blz1mwg.png

• 2 months later...

Kitt's Starsword blasted out of hyperspace to an all too familiar scene for the Jedi. A catch came to his throat as e stared down at the planet. He had been away for so long, and almost none of the Jedi knew if he was even still alive. He had hidden himself away from them after his death on Nar Shaddaa at the hands of Ar Pharazon and his minions. But now he was returning. His appearance was different from the last time they had seen him, and he wasn't even sure if he would be welcomed back. There were a thousands questions rushing trough his mind as he tilted his star fighter towards the planet, sending his codes and identification regardless. All he could do now was to wait and see what the response was…

KittFittSig_zpsec666279.jpg

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away.

• 3 weeks later...

((OOC: Sorry, didn't know if you were waiting for me...just saw this...I guess that's a sign of how slow things are around here...))

Jedi Knight Jaren Platt woke to the sound of his comlink beeping. Startled, he shook himself and rolled over to answer it. "Platt."

"I'm sorry to disturb you, Knight Platt," came the tinny voice of Rathina Rar, the woman in charge of ground control. "We've received a request from an old Starsword in orbit. The pilot sent in his codes. They are old codes, but they seem to belong to former Grandmaster Kitt Fitt."

That woke Jaren up the rest of the way. "Master Fitt disappeared several years ago. What do you think?"

Rar hesitated. "We requested confirmation and he resent them. Everything appears to check out. But I felt I should clear it with you before we allow him to land."

It was Jaren's turn to hesitate. He reached into the Force. The man currently diving towards the temple was clearly a strong Force user, and didn't feel like a Sith. But more than that...Jaren felt like it was alright. "Let him land. I'll meet him on the roof hanger." He clicked his comlink off and pulled on a clean robe, making sure his lightsaber was clipped to his belt.

He then headed to the hanger to meet Master Fitt--if indeed, that was who was arriving.

FDY9u6P.png

To Kitt's surprise, the operator that communicated with him showed great surprise at his codes. It only reminded Kitt that he had indeed been hidden away far too long. Upon getting approval to make his arrival, he made his way down to the Temple's roof hangar bay with slow speeds for a Starsword. Even as he landed his fighter, he could only see the typical crews working, as well as a lone Jedi standing waiting for him. But regardless of the workers, who made it obvious that they were looking his way rather than working, the rest of the temple had supposedly gotten word of the possible return of Kitt Fitt to the Jedi. The entire Temple was apprehensive in the Force. Slowly, he shut down his fighter and opened the hatch and climbed out. He was a bit worried as his appearance was slightly changed from the last they knew of him. To help his case, he allowed himself to be fully open to the Force, as well as showing in plain sight his lightsaber, which was held onto by Kirlocca until his departure from the Jedi Order, in which he handed it back to the once Jedi Grandmaster. As he approached the Jedi, he bowed.

"I am Kitt Fitt. And I come back to you now with the beckoning of the Force."

Kitt really didn't know what else to say. He had been away for so long, and the chances of anyone of importance that could fill him in was not present on Lehon. But for now, Kitt had to reestablish himself with the rest of the Jedi Order before he could do anything else.

Adenna woke with a start. The room she was in was unfamiliar, but not disturbing. Her body felt no pain or soreness, only a slight sense of restlessness that came from spending far, far too long doing nothing.

It did not take long for the machines hooked up to her to notice an increase in her brain activity and send notification to the doctors. There was a flurry of activity around her as the doctors checked readouts and asked questions:

Do you know your name? Yes.

Do you know what day it is? No.

Do you know who your parents are? Yes

Do you know where you are? No.

Do you know why you are here? Yes.

Do you know how this happened? No

Do you know what happened to you? Yes.

Do you know how you came to be here? No.

Do you know what the nanites in your blood are? Yes.

Do you feel any pain? No.

Do you feel like moving around a bit? Yes.

Do you have anyone we can contact? No.

She answered the questions while piecing together what had happened to her. She clearly was not on Coruscant any longer because she could not feel the overwhelming sense of sentient life. Instead, she felt more natural life. Judging by the uniforms the doctors wore, she assumed she was in a Jedi facility, likely one of the temples. The only way for her to get here was if something went terribly wrong with her last attempts to revive Jazce and CoreSec sent her here. The only reason for them to do that was if she had some sort of psychic breakdown again. Considering how her body felt, the questions they were asking, and her general sense of the passage of time, she likely was in a coma. At least the Jedi hadn't allowed her muscles to atrophy, she could feel the synthetic chemicals coursing through her body along with the nanites. At least this time she didn't get the sense of lost memories or disjointed personality. Whatever happened didn't destroy her mind, or if it did, the nanites were able to rebuild it. Again.

A few days went by with more tests, questions, and physical therapy. No matter what advances modern medicine made, there simply was no substitute for actually moving when it came to keeping your body from withering away into nothing. She wasn't weak, but she was not as strong as she once was. It was almost like coming to the Jedi the first time. She had been used to only light labor and had to work hard to get built up to what a Jedi should be. It would probably not take that long again, not with having done it or with her knowledge of the Force and how to affect the body, but it will still take time.

They finally ran out of things to do and released her to a bland set of quarters suitable for a Jedi Knight. The only personal thing she owned was her lightsaber and its carved wooden hilt. It was all she needed. The Jedi provided the rest.

She spent only a few minutes in the quarters assigned to her before going to find someone to report to. She might be a little out of things, but she had spent the last few days reading and things didn't please her. A lot of problems were loose on the Galaxy, but at least the mainline Sith seemed to be on the run. Her sacrifice on Coruscant wasn't for naught, neither were the gains made by the Jedi and CoreSec. There was bound to be someone of authority here that could make use of her.

((Basically looking to jump into whatever.))

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

"Welcome back to the Order, Master Fitt," Jaren answered. "If you will just go through security, we need to verify your identity." The checks would be extremely thorough, especially because the man didn't really look like Kitt Fitt. But Jaren could tell through the Force that he was a powerful Force-user, highly trained.

Once he made it through security, if everything checked out, Fitt would be allowed into the temple itself.

FDY9u6P.png

Kitt nodded his head towards the Jedi and allowed for him to lead him to the security checkpoints.

"I am sure that everything will clear. I can imagine that many things have the Order on high alert. There rarely was a day without it when I was Grandmaster."

Kitt then proceeded to go through all of the security checks that were required for him to regain access to the Jedi Temple. As soon as he was cleared, Kitt moved towards an al too familiar presence within the Force. Adenna. She was young still, by some accounts, and very much alive within the Force. Kitt maneuvered to stand behind her for a second and just simply watched her until she noticed his presence behind her. Part of him wondered if Adenna would be able to even recognize who he was with only the Force, or would he have to reintroduce himself...

• 2 weeks later...

Adenna waited in the central entry gate, watching people come and go. Most were simply hired workers who took care of the mundane for the Jedi but had no connection to the Force. A few were Jedi, but they were generally moving purposefully coming from or going on a mission or task. A few nodded at her in greeting, but it was the casual, impersonal greeting of strangers simply trying to be socially polite.

After a time, she noticed someone was standing behind her. She didn't quite recognize him, but he seemed confident. She could feel that he had the Force presence of a Jedi, but he wasn't dressed like it. She smiled and nodded at him much like the others had to him. Seeing the wrinkles in his flight suit and the smell of someone trapped in a small area for days, she guessed he just recently arrived. "Where have you been?" she asked casually.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Kitt smiled at Adenna's response. It was somewhat very typical of her, or at least of what he knew of her. Something told him that she did not yet recognize whom he was. So with a causal shrug of the shoulders, he smiled and spoke rather confidently.

"I've been around. Just got back from the galaxy's longest sabbatical. Much about you seems to have changed since Tython, as it did for me. You carry a greater weight now…"

Kitt used the Force to extend out to her, to urge forth some of her memories on Tython, mainly those that involved the two. It was a trick he had long ago picked up and rarely used, as he never had to before.

Adenna began to get the strangest sense that she knew the man. Unbidden memories surfaced with the sensation of deja vu. Adenna investigated the Force a second time and found something quite familiar about the man. It had been over a year since she had seen him and she had thought he was dead.

"Grandmaster!" Though she was excited, her voice was barely above a whisper. "I thought you had died!"

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Kitt's face went from smiling to sober very quickly. Adenna had spoken the truth in more then one way. He had died physically yes, but his return clone that he was in now had to learn to fully die to self needs. It was a very long and tiring process. Realizing that he may ave focused upon it too long, he shook his head physically and mentally and put his smile back on.

"I did. It's been a long journey for me. But such details might be better suited for another time perhaps. What's been going on within the Jedi Order during my absence?"

Adenna caught the quick change of emotion but didn't know what to make of it. Clearly he wasn't the only one who had experienced hardship since their parting. "I wish I knew, but I have been in a coma for some time, and before that, I was in a pretty bad place mentally. The Sith attacked and mostly destroyed the temple at Gala shortly after you were reported dead. It cost them, though, because the base self destructed killing many of their forces, and we had managed to get most of our personnel away to secret locations. Plus, in retaliation for the attack, several Jedi who weren't on Gala got with CoreSec on Coruscant and took over the Sith Temple there. We caught them completely by surprise and took down their defenses with only light casualties. The Temple eventually surrendered and we obtained hundreds of Sith prisoners to be locked up in a high security facility. After that, the Temple was stripped of everything valuable or dangerous and destroyed.

"As for me, Jidai Geki showed up with a ship full of captive children just before the Sith Temple surrendered. He demanded that I face him in combat for the sake of the children. I had no chance against him and suffered for it, but the children were safe at least. After recovering from that, I made the foolish decision to try to mentally link with Geki and cure him of his madness. Unfortunately, that didn't work so well and the resulting psychic damage put me in a coma for a while and scrambled my memories and personality. It took some time to recover, but another adventure in another man's mind left me in a coma for several months before I woke up here. At least my mind isn't fried, but I don't hold much hope for the man I was trying to save."

She shrugged. What was done was done and in the past. She was a Jedi, she couldn't dwell on the past. "From what I can tell, the Sith Order itself was shattered and scattered after Gala and Coruscant. There hasn't been much noise from them so the Jedi haven't been too busy. A month or so ago, Faust reappeared with Black Sun allies and began wrecking havoc. I don't know much about it, but I did hear rumors that there is at least one team of Jedi tracking him."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Kitt took it with a grain of salt with the news of the Sith and Faust. None of it surprised him. It was at least a good spark of news that at least one Jedi team was on the hunt. Although he would rather have news of Kirlocca back around the Jedi Order, as the Wookiee was his best friend. Being exiled out for reasons that were completely justifiable during the war. But he did so outside of war, and therefore his actions were wrong. But now such things were irrelevant, as it seemed the Temple was really only occupied by Adenna and himself. Carefully, he chose his words for Adenna.

"I must admit, my connection to the Jedi was very lose for my absence, but not fully gone. I did receive some of the prior news you mentioned through rumors. I think it would best served if the Faust situation is resolved for the Jedi Order, but you and me are clearly in no position to go join the actual hunt for him. Perhaps we could serve the Order in some other way."

Kitt did leave the fact that he wasn't officially recognized back into the Jedi Order by a Council member yet, but such news wasn't relevant to Adenna. From what he could tell, she lost much more than a few battles. She lost some confidence somewhere along the line. Kitt would better serve the Jedi Order by helping a Jedi Knight get back into top form. And in helping Adenna, he might also help himself out along the way.

Things began to make a little more sense. She should have known upon seeing him that Kitt wouldn't just disappear. He had been sent on some sort of undercover mission, one that would be too dangerous or not feasible for an open Jedi. It must have been something drastic for him to have to clone into a different genetic body. She hadn't even been aware that was even possible, she had always figured that you had to go into a body that was your own, even if it was made stronger or younger.

She didn't know what he meant for her to do, but she would do it. He was an infinitely better Jedi than she was. With a bow of her head, she said, "I am at your command, Grandmaster Kitt."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Kitt could only smile as he shook his head at Adenna.

"No, not Grandmaster. I surrendered that title a while ago. I'm not even Jedi Master for the moment. For now, you may call me Kitt. But until we do anything, let me get cleaned up and begin to look like a Jedi of old."

Sometimes, she hated that her brain had been scrambled. The information was there and most of the damage was repaired, but there were times when things were out of order. If it wasn't Kitt, she was ashamed to admit that she didn't know who the actual Grandmaster was. Being in a coma for months was only a partial excuse for that.

"As you wish," she said. "I will be in the cafeteria eating when you are ready."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

"Sir, you need to wait on the required protocol-" said a Bluish tinted protocol droid. The droid was a standard greeter for those new to the temple, typically assigned to watch, or accompany guests or new comers to the secret facility.

"Protocol!? Etiquette!?, I need to speak to a member of the order now! I don't have time for the bloody bureaucracy." Said a grim faced high ranking officer of the Senate Guards. He was rough looking man, with a white beard, and a thick rotund body that was dressed in a dirty blue and white uniform. He had a long mop of unkept hair, with streaks of white and gray interlaced.

"Captain Ferrous, I'm sure the jedi counsel will respond in a manner-"

"There was a dangerous security breech and the senate building was attacked, and I have reason to believe a jedi was behind or at the very least involved in it. Now get out of my way you overgrown power converter. I need to speak to someone of some responsibility." Ferrous said as he shoved the droid out of the way.

"You...you there! Can you direct me to someone who can help me." the captain bellowed his question at Kitt, desperately seeking someone of authority.

"Some things... are worse then death, being forgotten for example..."

Member Since '05 - The Old Ones | Character Sheet

Kitt walked back towards a general supply station of a place that would allow for him to get out of the flight suit and into more comfortable Jedi robes. It took a little longer than what he wanted, seeing as the temple was new to him, as was the general feel of the Jedi Order. It took him about forty minutes to get dressed back into a full set of Jedi robes and then made his walk back to Adenna, but was flagged down by an officer from CoreSec. He thought he might have known the man from his undercover days, but the face did not bring up any memories.

"Yes sir, how can I help?"

"You can help me aright..." the older man said, turning to the Jedi with a mixture of agitation and annoyance. Though his emotions clearly indicated he was glad that someone was finally listening.

"I am Captain Ferrous, recently promoted to the head of the Senaterion guard. My predecessor is lying in a morgue with a light saber wound in his chest, so you'll forgive some of my rudeness." He said this signaled someone else step forward.

His attache, a young slender woman in a similar uniform brought forward a small screen with a recent holo-recording from a newsreel on Coruscant. It showed a large whole in the senate roof, the bodies of dozens of senate guards, and an unexploded bomb, the scenes flashed by as the man spoke.

"You can start by telling me just what the hell the jedi are doing about the recent raid on Coruscant. A few weeks ago there was an attack on the Senate building as you know. The building was infiltrated, a bomb planted in the senate's grand chamber, and Faust warned the whole galaxy that he has declared war in it. Or have you been in a coma with the rest of this worthless organization and Corsec?" The man fumed then shook his head. He sat down, his bulbous body not exactly comfortable standing for long periods.

"Recent reports from Corsec claim that most if not all sith were dead, or had been captured... is this not true?" He asked incredulously.

"Some things... are worse then death, being forgotten for example..."

Member Since '05 - The Old Ones | Character Sheet