Lehon - Jedi Temple

Kakuto Ryu

Kitt shrugged his own shoulders at Sandy's comments of where the thing came from or how it got so far into the temple.

"My guess is that it was a Force apparition. I mean, as we fought against it, it echoed nothing but the Force…"

Kitt looked at Adenna to see what she was thinking, if anything at all, and then back at Sandy. Whatever it was, it required their focus. And something within Kitt's gut told him that their time might be better spent elsewhere, as he doubted they would find anything as to where it came from and how it got within the temple. But he wasn't going to push anything, as he was far too removed from the Jedi Order politics and operations recently to have a solid stance on anything. Plus, he was not fully reinstated back into the Jedi Order yet.

KittFittSig_zpsec666279.jpg

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away.

Jedi Knight Jaren Platt was frustrated. News had filtered through the entire Order that all the Jedi in the Core were heading to Coruscant to stop a massive attack from Vladimir Faust, Darth Luciferian himself. But the Grandmaster had specifically ordered that those currently working with the new generation of padawans stay behind. That had always been policy in the Jedi Order, to protect the new generation and make sure the Jedi didn't die out completely if things went wrong. And while Jaren agreed with it in principle, it was frustrating to him that he couldn't be there at Coruscant, doing his part to protect the galaxy.

He sighed. He had always had an adventurous hero streak. It had been something his master had bereated him for over and over again. He could just hear his master's voice in his head right now. Jaren, a Jedi doesn't seek out adventure. They commit themselves to the will of the Force. And he did try. Although his master had a saying for that to. A great ancient Jedi Master once said, 'Do or do not. There is no try.'

He sighed again. Yes, master. Thankfully at that minute, his comm chirped. It was the control tower, alerting him that a newcomer had just arrived.

Rising, he made his way to the entrance and beheld a teenage boy with black hair and green eyes, dressed in an assortment of armor. He noted with interest an ancient sword on the boy's back. Approaching, he smiled. "Hello there! Welcome to the Jedi Temple. I'm Jedi Knight Jaren Platt. What brings you here?"

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

Garrick turned at the first sound of another human entering the main hall. It was somewhat difficult to turn his attention away from a particular tapestry. It was a depiction of what seemed to be several Jedi bearing down upon a single man. Their blades of energy were varied in color; some blue, some green, even some yellow and violet. The single man in the center of the Jedi assault was down on one knee, a crimson energy blade in one hand and a metallic sword, looking exactly like the one on his back in the other. The mans eyes seemed to glow bright red in anger and a snarl was worn across his face. If someone paid attention they could see the ground beneath the man warping, grass burning of its own accord, dirt turning to liquid and rising into the air. It was plain to any viewer that the man in the center of the Jedi assault was evil, that his mere presence was destroying the world around him. But yet something beyond the mere resemblance of their swords continued to draw Sages attention to him. He could almost feel the mans rage and anger pulsing within him. Shaking his head slightly to clear it, he focused on the young man approaching him. He wore what seemed to be the traditional robes of the Jedi Order. His hair seemed to just be growing long once more, as if only recently was he allowed to let it reach any kind of length. An item swung from his waist, which was about a hand and a half long, and Garricks eyes widened as he realized he also carried one of those, though he kept his hidden away.

"Hello Jaren. I'm Garrick and I'm here to be trained as a Jedi Knight."

Garrick was tempted to mention a little more about his past, but he was unsure yet who he could trust with what little he knew about himself. He hoped that at some point he would be able to find out what kept him from reaching this point so many years ago. But for now, he just wanted to find out where his new life would take him, and whether his destiny was something he could accept.

Kitt found himself reaching out in the Force, at first to find something to do with the Force apparition they just fought, but then found himself sensing a new presence within the Force. Small, echoing quietly, yet still strong and steady. He wondered for a moment if it had always been there, and he simply did not hear it, but he came to the conclusion that it was a new person arriving at the Temple. While Sandy and Adenna could use some help to recover and figure things out, Kitt felt it wiser to meet and greet this newcomer. Kitt bowed slightly and excused himself for a brief moment and walked briskly to the new presence. He turned the corner to the hangar bay and found a young man with Jedi Knight Jaren. The sword on his back was an ancient Sith design, still echoing off small traces of anger, as the swords were designed to do. While still made of steels and metals, they still held properties of energy. With a quick glance at the young lad, who was actually taller then Kitt, the former Grandmaster decided that the boy needed to explain some of his history.

"Excuse my bluntness, but such a blade that you carry, while most likely a means to defend yourself, really shouldn't be carried too far into the Jedi Temple… For security reasons of course…"

Jaren smiled warmly as Garrick introduced himself. "Well, you have come to the right--" He broke off as Master Fitt approached rather rapidly and suddenly cut him off. Jaren winced inwardly at the Jedi Master's barbed words and harsh tone. He knew the former Grandmaster by reputation alone, having never actually spoken to him. But Jaren took a few steps back, remaining close by in case Garrick wanted to be assigned quarters or shown around the temple. He wasn't going to interfere with Master Fitt.

FDY9u6P.png

Noticing a newcomer to the conversation, Garrick turned to the face the more senior member of the Order. The young man noticed that Jaren seemed to defer to the older Jedi by retreating several steps. This obviously indicated that the new man was obviously a higher ranked member of the Order. As the man spoke, Sage watched his eyes narrow as he mentioned the blade strapped to his back. It seemed this weapon was something of importance yet Garrick himself had no indication of it, or how it was connected to his past, and more importantly; his future.

"Master Jedi, this blade has been with me for more than 15 years. I have no intention of using it to attack any of you. And while I respect your position within this ancient Order, I would prefer to keep it with me while I train here. If one of your Knights will take me on."

While Garrick fully intended to keep his word and not attack anyone with the blade, nor any weapon, he couldn't help but feel a pulse of anger; an instinct to draw his weapon as he looked upon the Jedi Master. Deep inside he wondered where it came from.

Adenna had always accepted that there were things in this Galaxy that she couldn't understand or that didn't make sense. It was as though they were somehow pawns of much higher creatures in an universe that had its own strange rules. It didn't matter, she would weather it as she had before.

"What we do now is get to your training," she answered. "Your actions here tell me you have learned a great deal from your past mistakes. I want to start us working on some intensive training in both the Force and physical workouts. Both of us would do well working ourselves and strengthening our minds and bodies." She slung the hammer over her shoulder and gestured outside the hangar wall that led into the wilderness around the Temple.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Kitt stared for a second at the newcomer before turning his attention to Jaren. With a face that almost looked like a plea, he turned his face back towards Garrick, allowing for a short and quick nod.

"I can understand your feelings on the matter, but trust me when I say, when a Jedi takes you on, and one most certainly will, you will be given a proper training lightsaber and training with it. The ancient Sith sword will be of no use to you. Trust me when I say this, it might better serve you to let it be held until quarters can be assigned to you. You will only be without it long enough to get quarters and receive a more proper introduction into the Jedi Order."

Kitt stood still, arms folded within his brown robe and awaited to see if Jaren would help support him on this, or if Garrick would trust him on the matter.

Young Garrick looked down at the Jedi Master as he once again requested he turn over his sword. His eyes scanned the Masters face for any hint of fear, anger, or deception; yet he found none. It seemed the man spoke only the truth in this instance. But despite his truthful intention, Sage was feeling conflicting emotions towards the man. On one hand he held great respect for the mans position within the Order and for the obvious skill that came with said position. But on the other hand, an anger was building that Garrick did not quite understand. This man had no wronged him, insulted him, or brought any negative action toward Garrick in any way. Yet he could feel a fire building within him that was directed towards the Jedi Master.

Reaching over his shoulder, he slowly drew the sword from its scabbard. Holding it with one hand cupping the hilt and allowing the flat of the blade to rest in the other, his eyes scanned the length of the weapon. Not for the first time his eyes settled on the runes emblazed on the blade and wondered who had cut them into the steel and what they meant. He could almost see the runes glowing hot red as he extended his arms toward Master Kitt. Yet even as he offered the weapon to the Jedi, he felt a powerful desire to close his grip around the hilt and use all his anger to wield the weapon.

It was interesting--Jaren could feel the tension in the young man as he proffered the Sith sword to Master Fitt. Jaren had never been in close contact with a Sith artifact before. They were accessible only to Jedi Masters. From the look in Garrick's eye, and the sense Jaren got through the Force that part of the young man wanted to strike out at the Jedi Master, it seemed like it had been a wise decision for the Jedi Council to limit contact to Masters. There was something about that sword that seemed to be pushing Garrick to the dark side.

Taking off his cloak, he offered it to Master Fitt to wrap around the weapon. Jaren wasn't sure if actually touching the thing was a risk, but he didn't want to take chances.

FDY9u6P.png

Kitt's eyes narrowed a bit as Garrick finally surrendered the Sith sword. WIth almost a sigh, Kitt unfolded his arms, but dropped ten to his side for the moment. Garrick had some rage and anger within him, almost similar to some former great Jedi Masters.

"You have a great fire within you… Its a dangerous thing if you do not learn to control it. Learn to harness it and you can become great and follow the footsteps of Jedi Masters like Kirlocca, Hou-Jo Poleb, and others. Fail, and you will most certainly will fall and become like Ar-Pharazon and others. That is my second promise to you."

Kitt then took the wrapped blade from Jaren.

As the blade left his hands, Garrick felt the fires of rage and hatred die down. He could still feel the burning deep down, a fire that he had felt his whole life. A fire that had kept him alive through trials that he knew he had never deserved to go through. A fire that had given him strength even in his weakest moments. A fire that had driven him to find this very planet, this very Temple in which his destiny would be realized.

"I would like to learn to control my fire. I have felt it inside for so long and allowed it burn brightly when I needed it to, but I have never been the one in control. I have come here hoping to take control of not only the fire inside, but my destiny as well."

Kitt then slowly nodded his head in acknowledgement of Garrick. A wise move to openly admit such a fire and a lack of control. Yet it was still a danger as Kitt suspected. Carefully, he placed the blade in the control of a droid, giving it orders to place it within the safe keeping room at the Temple, and then he turned towards Garrick with a slight smile present upon his face.

"Since you came all this way to become a Jedi Knight, allow for me to make this trip well worth it. As I said before, I am Kitt Fitt, a former grandmaster of the Jedi Order. Let's walk you around and get you familiar with the Temple and the life of a Jedi."

Garrick watched the droid walk away with his sword in hand. He wondered if he would ever see it again. Maybe one day, when he was a more skilled swordsman, one in better control of the fire in his heart. Shaking his head to focus more on Master Kitt.

"A former Grandmaster!"

Garrick was shocked that he had been debating and arguing, even harboring rage against one of the most powerful and respected men within not just the Jedi Order, but possibly the galaxy.

"I would be honored for you to show me around the Temple and show me what it means to be a Jedi, but if I may ask Grandmaster; why did you say former? And why would such a respected and high member of the Order take an interest in such a newcomer as myself?"

The questions brought a smile to Kitt's face. It held youthfulness and were actually good questions to ask. With a slight head turn, Kitt directed that Garrick walk with him into the Temple.

"Well, the former part is a very long story… So I'll get to that one second."

As Kitt spoke, he turned his own body fully and began to walk out of the hangar bay and into the Temple. His hands clasped behind his back, his walk very methodical in nature.

"Anyone of great importance within any organization should always take an interest in those newcomers. For they will eventually become one of three things. Your future enemies, future allies, or future successors. It is a wise thing to learn of whom they are and what drives them the most…"

Kitt now walked into the great hall, which from the design of it was an envy of most political powers. Kitt knew this from his time of travel and diplomacy with the Jedi Order from his early youth. Such designs were made to help young Jedi hopefuls and padawans learn to drown out the material around them and to focus in on the Force; A ploy that didn't always work.

Garrick followed the Jedi Grandmaster through the halls of the Temple. As he listened to Kitt speak, he wondered how many young students of the Force had walked these same halls. Listened to the same talks. And then he smirked as he thought, how many of those students were thinking along the same lines as this.

"Learning what drives someone is a hard task. Some people don't even know themselves are drives them. And most people have no clue as to who they are. And most of the citizens in the galaxy don't even care."

As he spoke, Garrick looked at the great hall of the Temple. It was very impressive to look at. The columns seemed to be made of a material that he had never encountered before. The statues of what Sage guessed were ancient Jedi Masters were artfully done. Their poses indicated strength, wisdom, and bravery. Everything within this Great Hall seemed designed to impress those who walked through it. But yet even as he admired the entire hall, he realized none of it was truly impressing him. He did not come to the Jedi Temple to admire the artwork or the architecture. He came there to learn who he was and how to embrace his destiny.

"A wise statement Garrick… But an incorrect one…"

Kitt with his hands still clasped being his back turned a corner and moved down a hallway with a bunch of doors that were shut. It was the sleeping quarters for padawans.

"Things are much more simpler than that in the galaxy. What drives people is an easy thing to find, but most choose to not seek it out or refuse to acknowledge what is really there before them. Take you for instance.You came to the Jedi Order to seek out something. You may call it destiny, but it goes much deeper and simpler than that. You wish to leave a mark on the galaxy, to have a place of belonging."

Kitt now turned another corner, still within the sleeping quarters of the Temple, but moving towards what will be Garrick's quarters.

"And it could be broken down even more so, as the Force works within the galaxy to urge people to take steps required to fulfill it's goal. So on the full simple explanation would be to tell you that the Force drives people. And in that explanation leaves many more questions than it does answers. And I will answer those questions for you."

Kitt suddenly stopped and lifted one hand towards a door.

"These will be your quarters here at the Lehon Temple. Freshen yourself up and get dressed and then come meet me at the med hall. Here are the directions to get there from here."

Kitt then handed a flimsi sheet that held directions towards a restricted zone that Garrick would not be able to gain access to. He then bowed and began to move himself to the library within the Temple and not the mess hall. He was starting to test Garrick right out of the gate, for something told him that Garrick would prove him correct about the boy: He was driven.

"Thank you....Master."

The word "Master" stuck on his tongue even as he appreciated the fact that he had been taken under Grandmaster Kitts wing. While most of his past was a complete mystery to him, there were certain parts of what he could remember that he wished were gone. Several men in his past had made him call them Master; but even though the word was the same, Garrick knew the meaning was entirely different. Taking the flimsi sheet from Kitt, Garrick gave a small head bow before entering the sleeping quarters.

Garrick quickly removed his armor and clothing before stepping into the fresher. Tilting his head back he allowed the hot water to cleanse his body and soul. Closing his eyes he thought back over the day and everything that had occurred. He had expected to show up and be put through the ringer in order to begin learning. He had expected to be put in a group, perhaps reading about the Force, learning the history of the Jedi, or maybe even just doing some workouts. Those things would probably still come, but he had never expected to be picked up as a student by the former Grandmaster of the Order. Switching off the hot water and engaging the sonic shower, he quickly shook off the remaining dirt and water before exiting the fresher. Opting against putting his armor and body-glove on again, Garrick found the robes and tunic that were synonymous with the Jedi Order. As he put them on he was surprised at how comfortable they were. They were loose, soft, and breathed well.

Grabbing the sheet with directions to the mess hall the young Jedi apprentice made his way through the corridors of the Temple. He gave slight nods and smiles to other members of the Order as he walked through. Some species he recognized from his travels across the galaxy while others were completely unknown to him. A blue skinned Jedi walked by and gave him a curt nod. Something about the Jedi struck a chord in Garrick that he couldn't put his finger on, but he quickly pushed it down and continued walking. He noticed as he walked that he encountered fewer and fewer younger Jedi and more senior ones. Although he knew that every species ate, he would assume that the mess hall would be filled with equal parts young and senior Jedi. Deciding that something was amiss, Garrick quickly let his inquisitive nature run its course.

"Excuse me! Initiaties and junior padawans are restricted from this area. I must ask you to turn around my dear."

A elderly lady Jedi stepped from around a corner and barred Garrick from any further progress. Taking a look around, he noticed he had been just about to pass through a large arch and into what appeared to be a library. He could see stacks upon stacks of ancient looking scrolls and texts. And beneath each stack appeared to be datapads with what he could only guess were digital versions of the same text. As he was ushered away from the arch by the elderly lady, he noticed what appeared to be a air vent near the top of the library. Allowing a smirk to pass over his face as he slowly backed away, he gave another slight head bow to the lady before rounding a corner. Looking around for another vent to enter, he noticed a similar one a couple dozen yards down the hallway, a few hundred feet up.

"Well I guess my first test is here."

Looking around he noticed several beams arranged across the ceiling that would allow him to reach the vent, but none were low enough for him to reach by simply jumping. But perhaps by using his surroundings he could reach them. Looking around to see if anyone would notice, Garrick ran straight at the statue of a Jedi Master with an extended lightsaber. Leaping into the air, he thought he saw a flash of violet in the reflective panels of the wall before grabbing the base of the large lightsaber hilt. Lifting himself up, he planted his feet against the hilt and pushed off, grabbing the solid stone robe and hauling himself onto the Jedis shoulder. Leaping from the shoulder to an extended balcony he lifted himself by his fingers and looked around. He was now a little over a hundred feet up. A trickle of sweat rolled down his brow and he tried to find the next step, figuratively.

Pressing himself against a wall, Garrick slid around the rounded room until he was right beneath the vent. He didn't see any other way to reach the vent other than by jumping straight up. Closing his eyes and taking a deep breath, Garrick reached inside himself and felt the fire burning hot. Letting it course through him, Sage leapt straight up. Once more he saw a flash of violet before reaching over his shoulders and gripping the edge of the air vent by his finger tips. Grunting with exertion, and feeling sweat roll down his body he slowly managed to pull himself into the vent. Breathing a sigh of relief, he took a moment to catch his breath and allowed himself a smile and a feeling of jubilation.

Garrick made his way through the air vent and quickly reached the library. Leaping from the opening of the vent to the top of a stack of texts. Feeling it sway beneath his weight, he leapt to the ground and quickly looked around to make sure he had not been spotted. Grinning to himself, Garrick moved through the library in search of Kitt.

Kitt knew Garrick would find his way towards him eventually. It was something in the Force about that boy that spoke volumes to him. So as he waited, he sat down at a console and began to research all data records that the Jedi Order had on Jedi having gaps in memory at such a young age to display it. He knew there was something wrong with him, he called Adenna Sandy. And he knew it wasn't the first time he knew what he meant to say, and said something else. SInce him waking on the the Enigma, things were off with him. There were gaps, things unanswered. A good two to three months just blanked out of his own memory. That just doesn't happen. And from his own prior knowledge of study, he knew he read something about Jedi doing such things to protect themselves and others from things. If he learned to do it, he could find a way to undo the effects of it and discover what exactly happened to him. He just needed a solid lead…

But such a lead would not come, as Kitt could hear through the Force Garrick's presence in the room suddenly. The boy is fast, and quick to follow his own instincts. Most unnatural. Kitt closed the console that he was seated at knowing that he would have other time on his hands to discover the mystery of his own memory gaps. For now, he had a padawan to teach. Standing up, Kitt moved quietly through the rows of the library using the Force to create sounds, hide his own presence, and to cause general pulsations in the Force. Even as he did, he reached out through the Force and spoke within Garrick's mind.

"Trust your instincts. Your eyesight and your hearing will only lead you to the wrong place in here…"

The Jedi Library was massive. It was massive on a scope that Garrick had never seen before. The shelves and stacks of texts seemed to go on forever. Columns leading up to the ceiling almost made Garrick regret his decision to leap down from air vents. A smirk crossed his face as he wondered how he made it down without breaking a bone, tearing a ligament, or twisting a muscle. But the smirk quickly vanished as the Jedi Matron as he had decided to name her rounded and corner making her way towards him. He ducked into another stack of texts and he grabbed a volume from the shelf and a datapad off a table. Opening the text to a middle page he pretended to read through the book, pretending that he belonged here in the library hoping the Matron would continue on her way. Garrick thought for sure he heard her quiet slippers stop just behind him before moving on. He allowed a quick sigh of relief as the noise vanished into the depths of the library.

Just as he began to renew his search for Grandmaster Kitt, he felt a change in his surroundings. He couldn't describe what it was, but he began to feel himself drawn in several directions at once. Subtle noises began to emerge from various places. Shaking his head, Garrick hoped to clear the feelings away but they only continued, becoming more precise and yet more random. With each sound, Garrick rounded a corner to hoping to find Kitt there. But each time he rounded a corner, the sound vanished just as he managed to take a look. Frustration grew within Sage and he tossed the volume in his hand onto a table before gritting his teeth and letting out a groan. Breathing in through his nose, Garrick closed his eyes and attempted to settle his mind before moving on again. As he stalked through the rows he felt a pulse behind him and he quickly spun around in time to see the tail end of a brown cloak whisper away. Taking a quick sprint he turned a corner expecting to find Kitt but instead found a young Jedi walking with the same text he had just tossed on the table. For a moment he felt bad that another had to do more work because of his frustration. But another pulse drew his attention away and he made his way towards its source. But once again, instead of Grandmaster Kitt he found another Jedi quietly studying from a datapad.

Hanging his head and allowing his frustration to settle, Garrick took a seat across from the studious Jedi and folded his hands on the table. As he did, he heard Master Kitts voice in his head.

Trust your instincts. Your eyesight and your hearing will only lead you to the wrong place in here...

He squinted in concentration as he attempted to get the clear message into focus. He wondered what it could possibly mean. Trusting his instincts was what he had done his entire life. It was how he had survived for so many years on his own. He had thought that coming here, he would learn more than just to trust his instincts. He wanted to learn more about himself, about what he could do, about where he had come from and where he was going. His open hands turned into fists as he realized he was only being taught what he already knew. Anger began to build inside once more, and the fire inside began to bloom once more. His teeth grew tight against each other as the fire began to course through him. The table beneath him began to rattle and the Jedi across from him looked up with curiosity and a bit of shock in his eyes.

"There is no emotion, there is peace.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

There is no passion, there is serenity.

There is no chaos, there is harmony.

There is no death, there is the Force."

As the Jedi spoke these words, Garrick lifted his head to study the Jedi. Although it had been spoken in Catharese, the words had also been spoken into his mind. Garrick found it amusing that the sound of the Cathars voice was rough and violent sounding, but the voice in his mind was one of the most calm and soothing voices he had ever heard. Even without understanding what had been said, he knew the importance of what he had just been told. He nodded to his knew friend and once more bowed his head. He took hold of the fire inside himself and pushed it down. He grasped his anger like one would grasp a tool and pushed down on it. He was a bit surprised when it pushed back. Almost as if it was alive and wanted control, wanted to be free. The young apprentice repeated the words of the Cathar over and over as he continued to push down his rage. Eventually it gave way and retreated as his own peace and calm took over. He smiled to himself as he realized he was now in control, but he still had to find Master Kitt.

Rising to his feet, he closed his eyes and focused on the pulses around him. He paid no attention to the sounds echoing through the library. He let his feelings branch out, hoping to feel something that would lead him to Master Kitt. Without opening his eyes, he began to walk. At first he feared running into the shelves or tables, but after several feet he let that fear wash away. He trusted his own feelings, and trusted in what was leading him. Each pulse drew his mind for a mere second before he pushed it away. Each sound registered as a mere blip before being drowned out by the feeling leading away from it. Several times he was tempted to open his eyes, to once more rely only on himself to find his goal, but with each temptation he looked further into himself, and trusted more on the feeling of what he could only guess was the Force. For several minutes he walked, eyes closed, yet feet moving swiftly and surely. He rounded dozens of corners, walked several hundred yards of rows and hallways. Sometimes turning his body to avoid walking into Jedi near him, sometimes halting at just the right moment to allow someone to exit a row in front of him, feeling only the brush of their robe as they past.

Then at last he felt it. Something pulled him forward two more steps then pressed gently against his chest. He stopped immediately. He opened his eyes, which to anyone but Garrick himself, could be seen as a bright electric violet. But after a couple blinks, the violet faded just as he slowly turned around, knowing he would be face to face with Master Kitt.

Kitt was watchful of the courses that Garrick took. The padawan was determined, focused, and even better than all of that, driven. He took on the task that Kitt gave him and made it his own. It was a special thing that could not be taught, and Kitt was grateful that Garrick had it. After a few movements, Kitt went and planted himself for Garrick to finally find him. Once the padawan did, Kitt smiled.

"You did well. Your instincts proved to serve you well, and that is something that you must remember throughout your life."

Kitt motioned for Garrick to follow him as Kitt began to walk out of the library.

"Tell me now, what's on your mind…"

"Thank you Master."

Garrick too the compliment with a small smile and began walking next to Grandmaster Kitt. As they walked through the Temple Library he barely took notice of the Jedi Matron as they left. He registered her small smirk, confirming that she had known about his presence before, but had allowed him to remain. Whether she knew he had been ordered to go there, or simply admired his resolve he was unsure. But he knew he had done what was requested of him and apparently had done so very well. He quickly let the Matron leave his mind as he focused on what he had just learned. He could touch the Force! And it seemed it would guide him without a conscious effort on his part. While it did seem to bring him to him destination, it had done so by controlling his actions. So in a sense, it controlled his by actions by obeying his command. It seemed his life with and connection to the Force would be an interesting one indeed.

"I am grateful that you have chosen me to teach what you know of the Force and of being a Jedi."

As they walked, Garrick was unsure of how to appear. His hands felt like they should be doing something so he simply copied the appearance of the young Jedi walking around him. He slowly tucked his hands in the sleeves of his robes and continued on his way.

"For as long as I can remember, I have not known anything of where I come from. I did not know my parents or anything of my family. All I knew was the life I was leading felt wrong, felt forced upon me; but it was all I knew. But not too long ago, one of my oldest friends passed away. In his passing, his last words to were that I was meant to be a Jedi. That I was meant to be trained in the use of the Force."

"I came here to finally realize what my life was meant to be. To realize the truth of my life. But I also want to learn where I come from; what my past was...is."

Kitt was quiet and thoughtful during their walk through the Temple's halls. Garrick was seemingly moving along a path that would drive him into san eventually Jedi Grandmaster if he stayed focused for years to come, as well as stayed devoted to his Jedi training. He had all of the intangibles that someone would want for a Jedi. The real question would be if he had the skill set and the ability to learn such needed skills. As Garrick finished up, Kitt allowed for an eyebrow to be raised visibly. It was from amusement.

"The past can be a dangerous thing… It shapes all of us, motivates us, drives us. But something the past does not do; It does not define us. Our lives, our futures, are made in the now, the present. The past can provide a strong leverage for some, but it can handicap most of us. I think it would be wiser for you to learn what you want to be and where you want to get before you can learn of your past…"

"Master, I respect your opinion. I really do. But it is easy to worry about your future when you already know your past."

Garrick continued to walk next to Master Kitt thinking on his words. The former Grandmaster did make sense in a way. At the moment his past truly did not form his future. While he had recently found out he was meant to be a Jedi since birth, he had found his way here on his own. He had made the decision to come here on his own. When Larrik Lamon passed away he had left a small fortune to the young Garrick along with several ships including the X-Wing he had arrived in. But he had chose nto lead that life behind despite the ease of which he could have continued on. He would always respect Larrik for teaching him the skills that had carried him this far. He allowed a smile to grace his face as he remembered Larrik once telling he was a natural at almost everything. The Trandoshan had told him he was one of the most naturally gifted Tae-Jitsu practitioners had seen. His skills with a blade even surpassed his unarmed skills. Garrick would have gone far in the smuggling business. But he had chosen a life of service to the galaxy. Although there was a small selfish reason he had come here, he knew even before he had arrived that once he became a Jedi his life would not be his own. But it would be a life of significance.

"I apologize for my attitude and the disrespect Master. You are right. My past, while I am curious about where I come from, will not hold me back from becoming what I meant to be. As you said, it will drive me to become the best Jedi I can be. I am ready to continue with my training, to learn more of the Force."

Kitt kept his own gaze upon the direction he was taking Garrick versus looking at him as he spoke of his own stance at first. But even as the two walked, he could tell that Garrick was reflecting upon his own words, which were followed up with words of an apology.

"There is no need to apologize Garrick. If everyone is thinking the same way, no one is thinking. And I would much rather you form your own opinions."

It was now that Kitt turned and looked at Garrick as the two walked, smiling as he did so.

"Wisdom comes in many forms. It is not a one piece of information fits all. Everyone's situation is different. And here is something important for you to learn from me know. During your apprenticeship to me, always question things."

Kitt's smile got wider as he turned away from Garrick, now leading him into a training room. The room was large and empty, yet storage lockers seemed to be everywhere at the same time. The walls were a grey, and the floor a sand looking color with red markings scattered throughout the room. Kitt immediately moved towards the middle, using the Force to lift three different side crates to him and Garrick.

"And now we have come to your training. First thing I want for you to do is to sit, meditate, and clear your mind of all distractions…"

Garrick listened intently as Kitt spoke about forming his own opinion and questioning everything. He had alwaysn done this in life, questioned his purpose, questioned those around him. So he just took it as a sign that he had been walking the right path, been following his destiny without realizing it. Sage wondered if he would evere find all the answers to his questions. Perhaps that was the greatest mystery in life; that all the answers were never there. That each answer would only bring another question.

The young apprentice looked around as they entered the training room. He walked around, running his hands along the walls and the doors of what appeared to be storage lockers. He noticed red markings scattered across the floor and knelt down to feel them, wondering if it was paint, or if they had been made from scratches. As he knelt, he paused as Master Kitt lifted 3 crates with the Force and moved them to the center of the room.Garrick quickly rose and followed them, taking a seat on the largest box as Kitt spoke of meditation.

"I'll try Master. I have never been very good at clearing my mind. I had alwways had a tendency to notice everything."

Crossing his legs on top of the box and placing his hands palms up on his knees, Garrick closed his eyes and attempted to clear his mind. As expected it was very difficult as all the questions of his past rose again. Although he had promised Kitt that he would focus on the present and on his future within the Order, he knew it would be hard to keep the past from intruding on that focus. Allowing a sigh to escape his lips, Garrick opened his eyes and looked around, the room had not changed at all. He could still see every door, every red marking and he knew he would see it in his mind if he closed his eyes. Sage tilted his neck side to side and dropped the brown robe from his shoulders. He could hear it softly crumple on the floor behind him.

Once more frustration began to build within him. The fire that he had put a hold on began to burn once more. Closing his eyes Garrick could see a real fire deep within himself. The heat began to build as his became more frustrated with himself. He watched as the fire began to race through his veins, coursing through his arms and legs. He could feel the temperature increasing the more he tried to fight it. Each time he tried to reign in the fire, it seemed to scorch him just a little more. Sweat began to bead on his brow and his palms began to moisten as the fire attempted to take control. Yet the more he tried to rage against the fire, the more it seemed to laugh him away and build hotter.

Then he remembered the Jedi from the Library....

There is no emotion, there is peace....

The young Jedi focused on the words, interpreting them; trying to understand their meaning. He would always have emotion. He would feel anger, he would feel frustration. But they were only fleeting emotions. In time he would also feel happiness, love, and joy. Focusing on the emotions that brought him pain, and that disturbed him would only keep him from enjoying life, from becoming the best Jedi he could be. In order to truly achieve inner peace, he had to face his emotions, deal with them, and realize that anger would not help him realize his goals.

He felt the fire pause within him. Its strength began to weaken and its heat beginning to abate. And strangely enough, instead of merely back away, the fire began to rage against Garricks own new found understanding.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge....

This series of words struck a chord deep within Garrick. How could this be true if Garrick himself was ignorant of his own past? How could he move past his own ignorance without knowledge of who he was? But would he ever truly know who he was? The idea of Garrick Sage was very fluid. As Master Kitt had said, the past would not define who he was. Who was was still being formed at this very moment. Garrick knew he was not the same young man who had landed on Lehon only a few hours earlier. His entire existence had changed since stepping foot within the Temple. Perhaps he may never know who he used to be or where he came from; but as his training continued and as he would learn who he truly was.

He could feel the strength of the fire fading. The heat beginning to recede, yet for its weakened strength, it continued to rage against Garrick. As if it had its own anger, its own desire to exist.

There is no passion, there is serenity....

All of his life, Garrick had felt passion of the things he did, for the people around him. He had always been encouraged to feel strongly about what he did, and for those crew around him. Passion for protecting each other and for the job had turned just a few men and women who worked together into a family. But as he thought back on his life, he noticed that the same passion led him to do many things he was not proud of. Most of the blood he had spilled and lives he had ended wad due to the same passion that he held for the people around him. For the first time, Garrick wondered if some of those lifes would still be around if only he had chosen peace and serennity instead of passion and violence. While he knew some of the men he had killed, he did so to save lives, he knew not all of them had been. Some could easily have been avoided. Maybe all he had to do was just think before acting. Keep a level head and consider all of his options instead of acting rashly and damning the consequences.

As he moved through the lines, he could almost hear a voice screaming at him within his mind. Each scream carried the fading heat of the fire inside him. but each scream was weaker than the last. He could only truly feel the heat within his chest and mind now. He allowed himself a small smile as he also realized the only things in mind was the words of the Jedi, the screams of the fire, and fading heat.

There is no chaos, there is harmony....

Garrick mulled over these words. All his life, he had simply reacted to things as they happened. Each event was seperate from the last and nothing was intertwined. But yet. Every single thing that had happened in his life had brought him here. Each moment, each thought, each action and decision had led him to the Jedi Order. A place, it seemed, he was meant to be from birth. It was his destiny to be here, to be a Jedi Knight. There no way such a massive thing as the universe could be controlled by chaos and yet he end up exactly where he was meant to. Perhaps this was the will of the Force that he had heard of.

As the fire within him began to die, the screams grew louder and hotter. Garrick could almost imagine the fire as a wounded Corellian Panther being backed into a corner. It knew the end was coming so it was fighting, scratching, clawing, biting with all of its remaining strength. But its end was still coming. As Sage prepared the last line in his mind, he heard the last scream and the fire burned down to just an ember. Its heat still rolling off in waves, but yet calming in a way.

There is no Death, there is the Force....[/]

As the last lines rattled off Garricks inner tongue, his mind was completely silent. No emotions, no images, no thoughts. His mind was truly at peace. He experienced an inner calm that was astounding. But it only lasted a moment. In that moment, his world exploded. But yet it was no violent. The ember that had remained had erupted. Yet not into a raging inferno. It was much more. Garrick felt as if the universe had blossomed inside him. He could feel everything and nothing. He could feel Master Kitt beside him, his heart beating smoothly. He could feel the Jedi Knights, Masters and Padawans walking outside the training room. Their own consciousnesses brushing against his as he seemed to fly out of himself. He could feel the flow of the air around his body, feeling the aire brush against the tiny hairs on his arms, caressing the back of his neck. But those were the easy things to define. What he could not define was the feeling that he was connected to each and every mind he felt. That he was connected to the air around him, the plants throughout the Temple, even the creatures swimming through the sea outside. It was as if he was life, and life was him. He was the center of the universe, and he was also merely an observer. He was the most powerful creature in existence, yet not was nothing more than a speck of dust. It was exhilerating and terrifying at the same time.

Garrick slowly opened his eyes and turned to look at Grandmaster Kitt.

"Was that the Force?"

Kitt stood silently as Garrick attempted to mediate for the first time. It was an alluring thing for Kitt to watch someone so untrained attempt to find their center, their focus, their calm. It was both an old and new experience for him to see and feel it. By the time he got padawans, the were already far more advance than what Garrick was at. As Garrick finished up, Kitt could sense to relief within him.

"Yes… Or rather it is the Force. To be calm, at peace, passive. That is when you can feel the Force as strongly as you did right there. But even though you may not be able to feel it, the Force is always moving, always there. In your time of need, you can learn to use it. You will always be able to feel the Force flowing through you. And in that statement is where you will begin your next task… I would like for you to go through the obstacle course without ceasing, moving through all of the objects using the Force to aid you in basic movement."

• 2 weeks later...

Garrick closed his eyes and once more began to recite the mantra in his mind. He quickly felt all the world fading away and the strength of the Force began to appear. Unlike the first time, he did not feel the explosion of strength, but something more akin to the pressure of a dam releasing. The deeper into the Force he fell, the stronger the current flowed through him. He could feel his muscle fatigue lifting, his mind began to clear as if nothing troubled him. His body and mind were in a perfect state. Keeping his mind clear, Sage slowed opened his eyes to take in the room, hoping to still feel the Force flowing through him. He allowed himself a smile as he did. Although he was glad he could still feel the Force without focusing 100% on that feeling, he was still doing nothing that would distract his mind. Nothing like fighting an enemy who was trying to kill him, or even something simple as completing the obstacle course before him. But this was why he was here, to be trained in the use of the Force, to be trained as a Jedi.

The young apprentice took off running at a dead sprint, keeping his focus on the Force and the feeling deep inside him. As his body crossed through the entrance to the course, he watched as beams of light erupted from the walls, ceiling and floors. Metal bars began to emerge, sliding three or four feet from the wall and floor before retracting, only to extend once more. Holes in the floor opened up randomly throughout the course. Garrick had been told to continue through the course without stopping, thus he had no time to stop and even try to find a pattern in the chaos before him.

Pushing forward with determination, Garrick noticed at the last minute a bar extending from the wall to his left. Without hesitating, he spun to his right hoping to dodge the fast moving metal and simply continue on his course. But his hope was quickly dashed when the bar continued to extend and struck his chest, slamming into the wall on which was now behind him. He grunted and fell to the ground and the course quickly came to a halt and he was directed to return to the start. Rising to his feet he cursed under his breath as he rubbed what was sure to be a bruise on his chest. He walked back to the beginning and awaited the door to the course to open once more. Being new to the Jedi, and new to feeling the Force, Garrick didn't even notice that he had lost his feeling of the Force and simply began his course run again. Over and over and over again Garrick tried the obstacle course, each time making it a little farther, more based on luck than skill or on using the Force. Several times he remembered to center himself and open up to the Force, but to his disappointment, those were a few of the attempts where he did not make it very far. Each time he tried to maintain that connection, he was unable to focus on the obstacles and random bursts of light that he had to dodge.

After a few dozens attempts Garrick, covered in sweat and bruises, exited the course made his way to Kitt.

"Master, I am trying but I can't focus on the Force and the obstacles. When I focus on the course, I can go further but I know it is by luck. When I focus on the Force, I have the feeling I can go further but I can't keep my focus on the next obstacle in front of me."

Kitt didn't show much on his own face as far as emotions, and didn't move much at all during Garrick's training. Slowly, he nodded his head as Garrick spoke to him, completely out of breath. With his arms still folded within the brown robes, Kitt's eyes narrowed a bit.

"A lack of focus? There is only peace! You must do the task before you, or don't do it. There can be no defeatism in the life of a Jedi. Remove your emotions, focus only on the Force as you run the course. Your eyesight and muscles during your run can deceive you."

Kitt finally moved, going to a panel upon the wall and punched in something, which had the course change to something much more simpler. The course now started off with a ramp into a jump to a robe, in which the user would have to swing at an angle to get across to the next platform. After that, the platform moved to slide looking thing that had multiple obstacles within it's path, forcing the runner to either jump and make themselves thin as they slid through it. Finally, it ended with a few hurdles at different levels before it ended.

"Now, I want for you to run this course, but you will do so with your eyes blinded."

Kitt then picked up a helmet with a blast shield permanently down and handed it to Garrick.

"Now… Run."

Garrick took a step back as Kitts words seemed like an unfair judgement. This was the first time he had touched the Force. The first time he had felt something so strong and powerful. And he realized the gift he had been given, and the same strength that he had felt came with an utter feeling of helplessness that made him realize he also had a responsibility with those gifts. And at that moment he realized exactly what Kitt had told him; and why it was so important. The Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the galaxy. They could not fail in their responsibility to those without the power to help themselves. Garrick would no longer try to complete the course. He would no longer try his best to save people. He would do it.

Placing the helmet over his head Garrick realized that his world faded to black. Naturally his body tried compensate by enhancing his hearing, but again he was denied by the padding in the helmet. Closing his eyes, Garrick allowed himself to fall back to that place of pure peace. Pure calm and pure strength that was the Force. Even as he felt the Force begin to once more flow through his body, he realized that he no longer had to repeat the mantra in his mind. He had found the path to the Force on his own now. And with that realization came the confidence to let the Force work through him. So he began to run. Although he could not see where he was going, or what lay ahead of him, he could only trust in that strength, trust in his instincts,and trust in the Force to guide him through. He felt his legs pump harder to push him up a ramp. He ran and ran until at the last minute he knew he needed to jump. So he did. He felt himself leave the ground; his feet propelling him but something else drawing his body through the air. As he flew he felt the urge and instinct to reach out with his left hand, so he did. He felt himself grab a robe, begin to swing. Throwing his hips and his legs into the swing, he felt his body move almost of its own accord as he altered his direction before releasing his grip. He seemed to hang in the air for a split second before landing on the ground, planting his hand in front of him to keep balanced. He quickly rose to his feet, his body twisting and turning, ducking and jumping. His instincts telling him when to move, but something else gave him the speed and strength to move quickly enough to avoid what he could not see.

Before he even realized it was over Garrick was back in front of Kitt. The course had brought him full circle. Removing the helmet and allowing himself to see and hear again, Sage was shocked to see that things looked different now. While everything was physically the same, it seemed his eyesight had become sharper, more focused. Little details that would have one escaped him now seemed clear as day. He could hear sounds sharper than before. It was as if while he allowed the Force to act through him drive him, it had improved the senses that had driven him before. And most shockingly, yet enjoyable, was that he could still feel the Force flowing through him. The same as he had when he ran the course, he could feel it flowing through his limbs, connecting him to the obstacles he had just run through, to Master Kitt, even to the Temple. While it was not as strong as it had been when he was meditating, it was still a feeling that he could barely describe.

"Thank you for pushing me Master. The way I feel now, and the way I feel the Force. It is hard to imagine I had this potential my whole life."