Lehon - Jedi Temple

Kakuto Ryu

For several moments, the padawan remained silent. He could do little else, though that sensation of dread that tingled around Adenna seemed to flare heavily when he addressed her with the word Master. The aura of doom more or less confirmed Adrian's suspicions that Adenna had been abused in some manner, though the extent of it he still could not know. Regardless of what she told him, he didn't want to make that mistake again--fortunately Adenna provided alternative forms of address to what had up until then seemed the standard Jedi protocol.

Adrian waited for Adenna to finish her rather extended monologue, as he remained silent and thoughtfully contemplated it. The doctor had certainly done much to minimize himself; perhaps the time was now come for him to enumerate specifically what he knew how to do? He had received at least a little training so far, even if he would have liked far more before going out on missions.

"Adenna," he said softly, respecting her wish while at the same time declining to whine that use of the word Master had seemed standard protocol right up to that point. "I have received at least a minimal amount of training in the Force. For three decades did it remain undiagnosed, quietly extending my endurance that I may bear hundred-twenty hour workweeks--and often more--and guiding my hands as I performed surgeries for which my hospital was not otherwise equipped to handle. But the effects of my connection to the Force were subtle, never triggering the type of events such as uncommanded precognition or telekinesis that might have resulted in testing and diagnosis; instead its signs buried themselves in patient outcomes not known for days, or in some cases, weeks later. Yes, there are signs for non-Force sensitive medical personnel to look for to refer potential Force-sensitives for testing, but I never really fit the criteria. Even when the Jedi--"

Abruptly, Adrian stopped again. Did he dare use the word Grandmaster when Adenna had told him not to use the word Master again? It was technically correct, and would not imply a master-slave relationship when used to refer to someone not present, but something about the word seemed to traumatize his new instructor.

"--Trevelian visited my hospital looking for something, I don't think it was originally supposed to be me, for the nurses informed me he was not aware of my presence for more than an hour. It was as if he came in looking for something, and upon seeing the condition of the place determined we did not have what he sought, but lingered to do what he could in the face of great need. I was excising a brain tumor at the time, and he seemed oblivious to me until word reached my ears of his presence, and I asked him to keep my patient stable so I could treat someone else who had just been admitted, who would have bled to death within moments otherwise."

"I am fairly certain he only realized my Force affinity when he assessed my cancer patient and concluded that no normal person should have attempted that operation with only the scalpel and drill I had available to me. At the end of my shift, we met again, and we...ahem...debated for a while about the merits of Jedi training against leaving what little healthcare was available to Onderon to collapse entirely. While he did agree to send Jedi to relieve me so I could come here with a clear conscience, he gave me his comlink frequency but no comlink capable of reaching it. I had already pointed out how poor the planet was, though he still seemed to assume I had access to creature comforts. His assumption that I had a long-range comlink was obvious, though I did not, and my energy was already spent from debating him right on the heels of a nearly sixty hour shift."

"So for two weeks I did not buy any food, while I saved the credits I needed just to send that one transmission. By the time I arrived here, I was ready to collapse unconscious from the cocktail of starvation and exhaustion. And I did, I did. After I awoke and insisted on leaving the care of the medical droid so I could begin training, a Jedi took me aside and showed me how I might use the Force to recover myself. As I already had very specific knowledge of my ailment--and the biological processes required to recover from it, I was able to use the Force in such a manner as to metabolize about fifteen pounds' worth of fruit within moments, far exceeding the decidedly non-medic Jedi's attempts to explain Force healing to me."

"Probably because of my knowledge as a doctor, I am presently attuned to sense the body in great detail," Adrian explained. "Even now, I can sense that your body has much recently-regenerated tissue. You bear a prosthetic hand, and the cutoff between biological and technological is very clear to me. You have benign artificial substances circulating within your bloodstream, no larger than microbes--nanites you called them. Of these I know little, other than a rough definition from medical dictionaries, for I never had access to them in treatment. You have been treated for the physical injuries you sustained, but you were also somehow injured in your connection to the Force--which cannot be treated by any craft or knowledge that I now possess. The only thing I would know to try is the prescription of antidepressants, but I do not believe it to be wise because I have no experience nor knowledge with how they might interact with the Force. But as I learn more of the Force, perhaps I might find a way to help you in the future, should you desire it."

"I have also received some very basic training in telekinesis, though it is probably useless in combat as it takes me several moments to use. I appreciate your caution, though I am not closed to learning new things. I am simply wary of having to use various abilities I do not yet know how to use, before I am taught how to use them. I hope you recognize that distinction. Tell me, is learning how to use the Force as specialized as learning medicine, where one must spend at least a few months in classroom training, practicing on mannequins and cadavers, before going out into the real world even as a medic or nurse?"

<< I need for you to go and prep a shuttle for our departure. If you have any belongs you wish to take with you, collect them. We will be heading off planet ourselves. >>

"Well," Ads said, picking up his bag, "I already have my stuff and I'm already standing in a shuttle, so..."

Ads sat down in the pilot's chair and ran through the checklist.

Automatic checks on...and turn on the shuttle...

"Ready," Ads called back to Kirlocca, swiveling his chair around to face the Wookiee Jedi.

V4yWwXl.png

Generally, hitting someone in the head with your weapon kills them regardless of whether they're wearing a life-sustaining mask. I'm pretty sure this is general combat strategy whether your target is Darth Vader or some thug on the street.

"There are many Jedi who forget what it is like to live the life of mere mortals in the poorer parts of the Galaxy," Adenna said. "Too many are used to having all the latest technology at their fingertips with funds that are near unlimited at their disposal. I have never eaten so well as when I was among the Jedi, yet they take it for granted. I would never have dreamed of the type of medical attention available to Jedi and their allies, but they couldn't imagine not having it. Just being able to make a simple call--which is paid for by the Order--and be able to have a shuttle transport people around or even to be able to take one out with little more than a signature is astonishing to me. Sadly, so many Jedi have lost touch what it is like to be left truly without access to resources for a long period of time and have no way to relate to those they are serving.

"Your native skills in the Force will serve you well. As I mentioned, most of your age find that they have already learned how to use the Force in basic ways through their subconscious. To answer your question: yes, there are many skills that Jedi need to learn in a classroom situation. Children and youth who are discovered early by the Jedi spend years doing just that. However, those who are older, such as yourself, frequently do not need such education. As you mentioned, you already have basic skills and abilities in the Force even without someone training you. You learned by yourself. To put you in a classroom to learn stellar astrography and the history of the Galaxy would be pointless, as would be putting you in a class with children aged five or six. You will learn things quickly, far quicker than children will, so your education will be different and more hands on.

"While it would not be my first choice to go into any sort of field exercise with you so early, this does have its benefits. Believe me, we will be working fervently on our journey to explore and perhaps develop your abilities. It is a fairly long trip, if my memory serves me right. Whenever we can, we will be working in a more academic setting, but I also believe that fieldwork is a far better instructor than classwork. When this is finished, we will spend an extended amount of time, assuming we have that luxury, working in a safe place. Your Force abilities aren't the only thing you will need to build. You need to allow your body to develop through exercise and proper eating until you are more capable not just in combat, but in every way. A Jedi must master not just their mind, but also their body."

She motioned for them to continue down the hall, "I suggest that you gather whatever possessions you have because I do not know if we will be returning here after the mission. I will get some supplies in order and meet you back in the hanger. Any further questions you have can be addressed once we are on our way."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

At long last, Adrian found peace with the pace and manner of his training that Adenna had planned for him. The surgeon finally seemed to relax a little, even eliciting a chuckle when Adenna mentioned the importance of proper diet and exercise. Once upon a time, the doctor had made the time for exercise on what passed for his "off day" between shifts--even when the exhaustion from working forty-eight to sixty consecutive hours meant he would rather have slept the entire day instead. But that was before his case of starvation had erased much of the gain from that exercise. His condition now was stable, but definitely not at its peak--his two-meter frame could easily bear another twenty pounds of lean muscle mass, muscle that not long ago, he had.

While the Force had served as a convenient shortcut to stabilizing him, he did not expect the same to be said of returning to peak condition. Otherwise, Adrian figured, Adenna might well have not mentioned the more traditional route. Though perhaps the Jedi, with all of their resources across the galaxy, knew of exercises that he did not.

"You really would not expect a doctor to know the importance of proper diet and exercise, would you?" Adrian grinned. "You simply caught me at a bad time. Now as for supplies, I have only the clothes on my back, my blaster, and the contents of my rucksack, to include one medkit and some field rations. Though perhaps I could do with a change of clothes from the credit stick the Jedi issued me. And maybe some of these newfangled nanites, if there be enough credits left over."

Adenna's eyes narrowed and the corners of her mouth curved downward. "You do not want to go through what I had to go through to become infected with these nanites. They came from the psychotic Sith that gave me my injuries. It could have been transmitted either when he bit my tongue off or when he shredded my personality and memories. Either way, I do not believe you would want such potentially dangerous devices within your body. They are what is allowing me to rebuild my mind, otherwise I might seek to eliminate them myself."

She allowed the darkness to leave her expression. "Get your things, I will meet you in the hanger."

She took the next turn in the hall and started for what she hoped was a supply center. It took some questioning and a few wrong turns before she found what she was looking for. There wasn't much she felt comfortable taking, but she did help herself to a few more changes of the standard brown Jedi robes. They weren't quite the blue ones she preferred, but they would do. She already had weapons and wasn't fond of grenades, so she didn't need any more of those. Her Padawan had all the weaponry that he would need until it was time to construct his lightsaber. There were some foodstuffs that she could stock up on, plus two high powered comms devices.

With all of that in a tightly packed carryall sack, she left the supply room and headed back toward the hanger to wait for the doctor.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Once Kirlocca was sure Kailen and Halo had what information they would need, he turned around and moved towards the shuttle that Ads had prepared for them. The young man was excited, and it showed in a thousand different ways. But Kirlocca understood that it was because he would be working with the Grandmaster, as the task for them would be the most difficult of all the missions he had just handed out. Without a much of a conversation for the moment, Kirlocca just handed Ads a datapad with a destination coordinates upon it, almost as if nothing was really all that new for the young padawan.

<< We're going here. I want for you to pilot us there. >>

Kirlocca then found himself a seat and sat down, doing his best to relax and try to asses what sort of skills Ads actually had at the moment.

((You can post us lifting off, after that, we'll be in the Space Thread for a few posts.))

((My apologies for the wait Halo, I get easily distracted. :/))

Kailen was a little disturbed with how close her 'partner' got to her. Having another person whisper in her ear was truly awkward and clearly a breach of her personal space. Kailen tried to dislodge Halo in the best way possible, but only ended up sneezing. In hindsight that might have worked, if she hadn't instinctively shielded it with a washcloth she had in a pocket. It was covered with oil, but it still did the job it was supposed to.

"I am sure whatever exploring it is, it will be fun and exciting." Kailen said with an honest smile, but an awkward expression. As if to say, 'I am very excited to be working with you, but could you step back a few paces.' Please.

Kailen was wringing out the sore points in her hands when Kirlocca turned back to them to finish describing their mission.

<< Exploring is a word used very lightly here. Rhen Var has been a planet with Jedi ties to it. We are unsure what sort of ties they hold to now. Your job will be to listen in to the local vendors on planet, and to see what sort of Jedi artifacts you can find on the planet to bring back to Lehon in one piece. >>

"Rhen Var?" Kailen said back, incredulously. What the heck is a Rhen Var? She thought to herself. Her long frizzy orange hair was almost a literal expression of her thought process at that point in time, but she still looked excited. It was another opportunity to learn something about machines, the Jedi Order, and another opportunity to learn about other people. Whoever this halo woman was, she was clearly passionate about stuff, it might prove exciting. If it didn't wear her down first.

The young Jedi turned to look at Halo and shrugged slightly. "I guess we're going to Rhen Var. I'll work on setting up one of the ships. I've already been working on them for a few hours, so I'll pick us a nice one and get her moving. Go and get your things while you can if you haven't already, and I'll meet you back here."

Kailen bowed gently to Halo and took off for the nearest vessel. It was a small shuttle made for interplanetary travel. It had light weapons if the necessity demanded it, but its priority was transit.

Kailen2_zpsaed134ae.png

<< We're going here. I want for you to pilot us there. >>

Ads swiveled back to the console and punched in their destination. It was an interesting choice, and Ads wondered why they were going there specifically. You see, it didn't have quite the Jedi presence of some other planets (if Ads remembered correctly), and he wasn't aware of any major events going on there at the time, although he did not know everything that was going on in quadrillions of lives in the galaxy, so there had to be many major events throughout the galaxy.

"Strap in for takeoff!" Ads called back to Kirlocca as the shuttle rose off of the bay's floor. The transport flew out of the hangar and then rocketed out of Lehon's atmosphere. Once the gravitational pull on them was sufficiently low, Ads informed the Grandmaster, "making the jump in three, two, one..." The engines whined and the pinpricks of light turned into streaks, which merged into a sphere of light for a brief moment, and the shuttle burst out of real space and into hyperspace.

[[Continued in Space.]]

V4yWwXl.png

Generally, hitting someone in the head with your weapon kills them regardless of whether they're wearing a life-sustaining mask. I'm pretty sure this is general combat strategy whether your target is Darth Vader or some thug on the street.

Clearly, the Naboo teen's actions were received as invasion of privacy. Pulling back, Haloburner widened the space between herself and Kailen.

"Sorry, my goal was not to make you uncomfortable. I'll go collect my bag now."

Seconds upon uttering her verbal response, Haloburner Lighterre swiftly turned to walk away. Moments later, she re emerged with her bag in hand. While waiting, she pondered upon her assignment.

<< Exploring is a word used very lightly here. Rhen Var has been a planet with Jedi ties to it. We are unsure what sort of ties they hold to now. Your job will be to listen in to the local vendors on planet, and to see what sort of Jedi artifacts you can find on the planet to bring back to Lehon in one piece. >>

This trip will mark Lighterre's first encounter on Rhen Var. Inwardly, the teen smiled at the notion of exploring said planet, welcoming the challenge ahead.

4q1r2v.png

Sig courtesy of Sasori!

unless you're married you're never "stuck". Now, if you're married you can get divorced but,my friends, it's cheaper to keep her.

Kailen re-emerged from the other side of the shuttle with goggles wrapped around her face. It was a little hard to tell at first that the goggles were even there. With the amount of burn marks on the goggle's themselves and the dirt on her face it was a little hard to tell there was anything but a large scorch mark on her face. But when she moved the goggles to the top of her head and buried them in her orange hair, there was a goggle shaped frame around her emerald green eyes.

She held aloft a hydrospanner that, although typical of most hydrospanners had a bit of wear and tear indicative of her own handiwork. "I think she's good to go, eh Locksley?" Kailen said, aiming her comment at the inert metal tool in her hands. A few hours prior, when she was complaining about losing Locksley, she didn't realize that it was in a side pocket the whole time. She had set it aside to put the jumpsuit on and then put it back when she was done. The whole ordeal took about an hour to remedy, but she still felt stupid when it was all said and done.

Kailen could see Halo off to the side as she approached and smiled brightly through the grime. The marble white of her teeth shone bright against the almost black sheen of the dirt on her face, but she didn't care. She walked right into the shuttle and started setting up the launch procedures. The machine whirred to life beneath her and she cooed with joy at the melody that played through the force all around her. She looked about and spot cleaned a few of the surfaces before leaving and when she felt that the ship was ready to sail, she took a few steps toward the door and waved at Halo to get on board.

The air of the hangar was dry and even, but even through it all she managed to maintain a serenity that surpassed her own imagining. She may have trouble ahead and due to her past, she may have trouble soon, but she was looking forward to what fate had in store, because for the first time in a long time, she felt like she was home.

When Halo was on board and settled, Kailen walked to the cockpit, took the necessary precautions when strapping herself in, and then fired the ship up for take-off.

((<< Feel free to post in Rhen Var or the Space thread next >>))

Kailen2_zpsaed134ae.png

Adenna's eyes narrowed and the corners of her mouth curved downward. "You do not want to go through what I had to go through to become infected with these nanites. They came from the psychotic Sith that gave me my injuries. It could have been transmitted either when he bit my tongue off or when he shredded my personality and memories. Either way, I do not believe you would want such potentially dangerous devices within your body. They are what is allowing me to rebuild my mind, otherwise I might seek to eliminate them myself."

She allowed the darkness to leave her expression. "Get your things, I will meet you in the hanger."

She took the next turn in the hall and started for what she hoped was a supply center. It took some questioning and a few wrong turns before she found what she was looking for. There wasn't much she felt comfortable taking, but she did help herself to a few more changes of the standard brown Jedi robes. They weren't quite the blue ones she preferred, but they would do. She already had weapons and wasn't fond of grenades, so she didn't need any more of those. Her Padawan had all the weaponry that he would need until it was time to construct his lightsaber. There were some foodstuffs that she could stock up on, plus two high powered comms devices.

With all of that in a tightly packed carryall sack, she left the supply room and headed back toward the hanger to wait for the doctor.

"Infected?"

The doctor's mouth hung open for a moment. Clearly, he had not expected Adenna to view the aforementioned nanites as an infection to be cleansed, especially not when Adrian's own admittedly nascent senses determined the artificial microbes to be benign. The doctor had determined early that something plagued Adenna, but also that whatever it was, it was not a physical malady such that he had experience treating. That determination, along with the appearance of Adenna's condition slowly improving, excluded the nanites as a source of potential infection. While Adrian knew little of the nanites, having never experienced working with them before, he understood them to be commonly accepted medical treatment upon industrialized worlds.

Either the Force lied to him, feeding him false information through the senses he had only now received any training in how to use, or there was something that Adenna wasn't telling him. The padawan could not have known about the specific circumstances that led to Adenna's determination of the nanites as an infection; he had only just met her. And while the padawan probably should have departed for a mini-shopping trip with his newly-issued credit chip, that he may purchase a few changes of Jedi robes, he found he could do little but pursue Adenna down the hall.

"I can sense no such thing. While you have experienced some kind of mental distress, your condition appears to be improving, whereas if the nanites were indeed an affliction upon you, your condition would instead deteriorate. Perhaps I am missing something here. If there is something I need to know to make sense of this, I would ask that you tell me."

Adenna looked up into her Padawan's eyes and replied, "These nanites are unnatural invaders into my body. They have their uses, true, but they came from a Sith and a particularly nasty one who has killed millions. I am using them now, true, but I know they can do just as much damage as good. Their original owner would infect others with nanites programmed through the Force to do terrible things to others. They are a weapon just as much as anything, and I do not wish to long be infected with them. Right now, I need them to rebuild my mind, but as soon as I can, I will purge them from my body lest the temptation ever arise to use them to harm cause me to tread upon the dark side.

"Now, if you have nothing to get, we should get going."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

At last, Adrian could make sense of Adenna's objection to the nanites within her system. Sure, they were benign now that they had been re-purposed back to accepted medical use, but suddenly Adenna's objection to them seemed logical in light of the new information about a Sith once controlling these particular nanites for various nefarious purposes. But medicine itself could be corrupted to destroy rather than heal. Dr. Makaryk had himself used treatments that did not discriminate between healthy and diseased tissue, as a means of buying time with which to remove the disease, when no other option existed with the meager resources he had had at his disposal. The surgeon would have much preferred access to the nanites.

"Adenna..." Adrian began softly. He certainly had no desire to trivialize whatever it was Adenna had experienced, what with a Sith infecting her body with poisoned nanites and all. Nevertheless, his response displayed a certain type of ignorance, the ignorance of any knowledge of galactic affairs whatsoever that might happen after prolonged periods without HoloNet access and a generally subsistence lifestyle that did not allow for such luxuries as news consumption. "There is much about medicine out there that can be used for good or ill. The only method of treating cancer I had available to me, for example, was administering radiation to halt its spread whilst I surgically removed the tumor. But radiation destroys healthy tissue along with the cancerous cells--does that mean I should not use it and instead let the cancer spread and kill the patient? No, of course not. I would give the patient his dose of chemotherapy and then remove the cancer as soon as possible to minimize the damage done to the healthy parts of his body and allow him to recover. A Sith, if the very few rumors I've heard about them are true, would probably just laugh manically and watch as the radiation slowly destroyed the patient's body."

"But, as a doctor, I would much rather have had access to the nanites, rather than have to destroy a patient's body in order to save the patient. I don't seek to infect anyone. I seek to heal them with the best treatments I have available to me, which admittedly on Onderon, was not much. I will leave you with that thought while I go procure some changes of clothes. I will be back here in thirty minutes."

The surgeon had only brought a couple outfits of scrubs with him to Lehon. So little had he possessed that he hand-washed them during his off-days. Now, with a credit chip issued in his name by the Jedi and a mission of unknown duration before him, the time was come for him to rectify that by going shopping, however briefly, for the first time since he had found protein ration bars in the commissary.

True to his word, however, the surgeon returned within a half hour (thankfully remembering where such commissary was so he wouldn't get lost again), this time his rucksack a little bit heavier for the trip. Perhaps fortunately for Adenna's sanity, he had found he had not been issued a sufficient allowance to afford adding nanites to his medical kit...

Adenna allowed her Padawan to go without a word. The doctor was correct in what he said from a generic standpoint, but he did not know the nature of the machines Geki had infected her with. They were more than just normal nanites, they were rooted in evil and had the potential to do harm without the intent of good. She would attempt to explain it in time, perhaps once he came into contact with the Sith or their deeds, so that he could better understand why she would despise the devices that ran throughout her body.

She spent the half hour getting to know a little about their pilot, a short, non-Force sensitive Chandra-Fan by the name of Tokala. She had served with the Jedi for some time as a pilot or, when needed, mechanic and was frequently out on supply runs. She only rarely got to ferry around Jedi since many of them were pilots on their own and took their own ships or fighters.

The shuttle itself wasn't very large. There were only two cabins: one for the pilot and one with a bunk bed for crew or guests. There was a small common area and kitchen, a refresher, and a couple of medium sized cargo bays. Other than the cockpit, there wasn't much else to the ship.

When the doctor returned, she beckoned him up into the shuttle so they could depart. "There are only two cabins," she informed him. "The pilot will be taking the single unit while the two of us will be in the bunks in the crew cabin. You can place your things there and familiarize yourself with the ship once we make the jump into hyperspace. Until then, Tokala, the pilot, wants us strapped in."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Twenty-eight minutes and thirty-nine seconds later, the tall padawan reappeared, this time clad in sky-blue Jedi robes, so chosen because of their similarity to his old hospital scrubs. Quiet he remained as he boarded the ship; he only nodded to Adenna as she showed him the passengers' quarters for he found speech quite unnecessary. The surgeon's eyes roved over the ship's appointments, and though they be mundane by the standards of the galaxy, in Adrian's eyes, wearied by war, strife, and the uttermost of poverty, even the simple linens seemed absolutely kingly. Quietly, the padawan stowed his sole piece of luggage, which contained a couple of sets of robes that had not been there before. Perhaps fortunately for Adenna's sanity, but less fortunately for any injured sentients the doctor might happen across, the funds issued to Adrian by the Jedi Order had not proven sufficient to fund the addition of nanites to his medical kit.

A certain anticipation flickered in the Force, though what exactly Adrian anticipated, he did not know. Perhaps, he thought, the Jedi might train him as a pilot, so he would not be such a burden to the Order every single time his duties summoned him to some really far-off place. But in the moment, such long-term considerations seemed vastly countervailed by the burden he would pose as a flight deck observer right now; the pilot certainly did not seem to want the inexperienced padawan watching over his shoulder. As the doctor had more or less received instruction to sit down and shut up, and he certainly had no reasonable grounds to object, he did exactly that.

(OOC: to space thread?)

• 5 weeks later...

The two Jedi continued their steady run through the forest. The activity freshened Dahar. With each breath he felt the Force flowing in and through him.

"So, everything that happens in this galaxy....is the will of the Force?" asked his apprentice.

"Yes, and no." Dahar spoke as the two ran close to each other. "I cannot claim to truly know the Force, on its deepest level, and those who do are arrogant. We only can do our best to understand the great mysteries, but the way I see it..."

Dahar stretched out through the Force. Soon a great gust emitted from the pair and blew off into the distance. The two were unaffected as the wind was leading them. The awesome power of the air spread the foliage to reveal a mountain far off in the distance.

"You see, the Force has a plan." The two continued running straight, the mountain becoming more clear as they approached it. "You and I can see the mountain ahead of us, we are heading there. That is like the will of the Force. The will is for us to reach that mountain, and if that is in fact the final destination, it shall be reached."

Dahar continued for a moment, but then broke off to the left. He jumped high into the air and grabbed on to a branch. He used it to swing himself on to one of the higher more sturdy branches. At this point he continued the run with Aven, both heading to the same destination, taking different paths. Dahar leaped through the trees with the utmost skill, the Force guiding his steps as it had done for so long.

"The will of the Force is not completely separate from our own will. We shall reach our destination, but you and I are taking different paths to get there. We have a choice on how we get to our destination. The Light Path, the Dark Path, all will eventually lead to an end."

Dahar jumped from the final tree and landed on the ground next to his padawan as they both stopped. The two looked forward and saw that they were at the base of the mountain.

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away...

• 2 weeks later...

Even as his muscles burned with exhaustion, Aven felt a calm soothing presence flowing through him. He could feel his body aching to stop, but he pressed on. He could feel his mind becoming completely at ease as he ran through the forest. Dahars words echoed in his mind, each piece of information bringing him closer and closer to a soft breeze instead of the raging hurricane he had experienced only moments before. The young gladiator had always been most at ease during physical activity. During the bloodsports on his homeworld, his mind had been perfeclty clear during the moments where his life was on the line. The pulse of adrenaline, the sting of sweat in an open wound, the thumping of his own heart as he fought for his very survival, brought to him a clarity that he only experienced during such moments of distress.

We have a choice on how we get to our destination......all will eventually lead to an end.

Within moments the two Jedi, Master and Apprentice, were at the base of the large mountain. From the base the two could not see the peak, but Aven felt a strong desire to ascend to it. He didn't know why. He couldn't explain it even if he wanted to. Thinking back on his Masters words, he could only imagine it was the Force speaking to him. Now he only had to choose his path. And with that thought in mind, the pale Rattataki, began his ascent of the mountain.

avenger3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Dahar stood for a brief moment as his apprentice started up the mountain. There were many trails leading to the summit. In his time on this planet he had explored quite a few. Much like the paths that lead us all to our destiny some were more difficult than others. There were ways that would lead quickly to the top and paths that took a bit longer to navigate. Some of the more off beaten trails would lead to curious rock formations, spectacles to behold. Some twisted through dangerous territory inhabited by deadly predators.

He made no effort to guide the way in this situation, he would let the Force guide them. Aven had gone first and was following his own path. "How true," Dahar thought to himself. As a Jedi Master he was on his own path and could never direct the steps of another. He could suggest but it wasn't the same. Only the Force had the power to do that.

He followed not far behind his apprentice as the two made their way up. The air was crisp and his filled his lungs with peace. The Force flowed through him and guided his steps. There was no fear of that would accompany the average person up a climb like this. The Force was his ally and he had total faith in it. The Jedi Master saw with two sets of eyes. His physical being witnessed only the most basic things. But with his inner eye he could feel the untold secrets of the Force. It whispered to him. Faint hints of the future decades from now, as well as where to place his foot in a millisecond, all of these things he heard and through perfected discernment was able to filter them into the places of his mind where they belonged.

All the while they were climbing Dahar kept a close eye on his apprentice. Doing his best to keep his influence subtle he exerted a calming wave over Aven. Dahar remembered what a difficult time he had transitioning from a warrior to a Jedi. Trust had been a big problem of his but he had learned to trust in the Force and, for the most part, the Order. He would need Aven'ger to trust in him if he was to help him grow. The connection between the two slowly grew and allowed Dahar to peek into his subconscious. He didn't want to pry and avoided details, he simply felt out for basic emotions and feelings.

No two Jedi were identical. Dahar did however notice similarities between his apprentice and himself. Some Jedi were at their best deep in meditation. Some were not.

"Apprentice, why do you think you feel most at peace moving? The Force is a never ending stream, we are constantly being pushed along."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dahar sat alone in the council chambers. Deep in meditation his mind was as silent as the vacuum of space. His focus was on nothing. He simply existed, breathing in and out slowly, content in the comfort of the Force. It was in a state such as this that a Jedi would hear the whispers of mystery and guidance. Dahar wasn't looking for anything, he simply was.

From the depths of the silence something stirred in the Jedi Master's mind. It was faint, like the sound of a drop of water far in the distance. Only a mind properly tuned could hear such things. The Force had a will for him, he could feel this. It was unlike most times he felt this pull however. Usually he would receive an idea or vision of what needed to be accomplished. Somewhere or something would become clear to him. But this time the Force beckoned for exploration. For the first time in many years Dahar felt there questions that he needed to find answers to. He had no idea of what the questions were or why they needed to be asked, just that something needed to happen.

Inside him he could feel the Force swirling about like a tornado. A distinct vision of a sun and a moon, delicately swirling about each other in perfect balance. What could this mean? The light and the dark living in harmony.

The Master's eyes opened and revelation became clear. He knew what it was he needed to find, although not quite sure why the will of the Force was leading him in this direction. He knew though that it was useless to try and move against the current. One could struggle for a while but eventually all would be swept away and brought to oneness.

The Jedi had long ago detached from material possessions and had nothing to pack or tend to. Temples had existed before his time, and would surely last long after his death. Everything would be fine here.

In a well secured hangar accessible only to the council Dahar found a ship he wanted. It was a Jedi Ace of former Grandmaster Kitt's design, something Dahar had flown long ago. He entered the vehicle and had soon left Lehon.

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away...

• 1 month later...

The small R6 Astromech droid let out a series of beeps in the corner, relaying information to it's owner. The human, clad in dark clothing with a T-6 on one hip and a vibrosword on the other looked over his shoulder and nodded. Permission to dock had been give after several minutes of flying above the surface of Lehon. The human had been travelling for some time, having left his home to find a place where he could do some real good. He knew he had some kind of hidden ability that others didn't possess and figured when he found out about the Jedi nearby he reasoned that they would be his best shot at learning about these abilities; not to mention that he might be able to do some good with them. And it was to Lehon they sent him.

Let's bring ol' Bertha down, Arr-Six, the human said calmly, a slight accent in his voice.

The sleek CEC VCX slipped lower into the atmosphere, the droid helping to guide the ship towards a docking bay in the Lehon Jedi Temple of the proper size for the light freighter. After several minutes the docking protocols were engaged and the Big Bertha touched down on the pad with somewhat of a thud. To Ragien Daour it was a good landing. He can fly perfectly fine, and maybe even with a small amount of skill, but it's landing that's the hard part. He attributed his successful 'standard' landings to the droid that helped him in all situations.

Keep an eye on the ship, Arr-Six. Let me know if anything happens.

He walked out, grabbing the traveler's cloak and draping it over his shoulders as he headed for the loading ramp. It was a very natural scene on the outside. There was very little evidence outside of the hangar itself that this area of the planet was inhabited. Stepping out, he pulled up his datapad. It displayed the small amount of information that was sent to his ship about the place, wirelessly transferred onto the device thanks to the Astromech unit inside the ship. He made his way, with quick deliberate steps, away from the ship and hangar and towards the jungle path that should take him to the Jedi Temple.

Jedi Knight Jaren Platt was, predictably, in the 'fresher when his comlink chirped. It always seems that when you're waiting for something to happen, it will always happen when you're in the 'fresher, he thought.

A few minutes later, however, he was on his way to the temple entrance. Security had informed him that a new ship had arrived. Since it wasn't registered to any current Jedi, that almost always meant a new hopeful was seeking out the Jedi Order. Jaren was glad. He always enjoyed teaching hopefuls, and the temple had been quiet recently. Reaching the front door, he slipped outside and stood in the middle of the entryway, his hands folded in front of him, his face open and welcoming, ready to receive their new guest.

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

The forest was rather dense, something Ragien was far from accustomed to. Actually, just the fact he was in a forest was a rarity. He'd been on small runs for his family's business before but such dense forestation was not normal - though this was far from unique. With another glance at his datapad he found himself coming near a rather large entrance to a somewhat grand looking structure hidden within it's natural surroundings. At the center of the entryway stood a man with somewhat long hair, a goatee, and a smile. To Ragien, the man's smile was quite the relief and conveyed an open armed welcome.

Figuring this to be one of the great Jedi, Ragien bowed his head as he came close, a small smile returned to the man. Honestly, Ragien felt speechless. The man before him was actually a Jedi, and he simply hadn't processed that he was about to meet one yet. Youth does that to a kid sometimes, he figured.

When the young man came up to the entrance, he bowed his head and smiled. Jaren did the same. "Welcome to the Jedi Temple," he said. "Here you can begin your journey in the ways of the Force." He motioned for the man to follow him inside. "I'm Jedi Knight Jaren Platt. I'll be your teacher here until you are chosen by a master for further training." He smiled at the young man. "What is your name?"

He led the new recruit to a row of rooms. "Feel free to make use of any of these rooms for your personal chambers while you're here. For now, you'll have limited access to the computers, but otherwise make yourself comfortable." He checked his chrono. "It's almost sundown. Are you hungry? I can show you the cafeteria if you like. Otherwise, we will start some basic training classes tomorrow morning in training room 3."

He didn't know if the man wanted to be left alone, or if he wanted to talk, but Jaren was fine with either.

FDY9u6P.png

Ragien felt odd. Simply arriving he seemed to be accepted in the Jedi Order. On top of that was the friendly attitude and the possibility for conversation. Droids get weird to talk to sometimes, although usually attempts at conversation are met with boredom. He had been traveling for some time and someone to converse with would be good, something he might relish. This Jaren Platt had also been rather courteous so he figured he would give it a go at conversation. Plus he could use some food and checking out the temple would be good. At least he would have some familiarity with the place.

"Oh, um," he stumbled to find his words for a moment. "Sorry I didn't introduce myself - and thank you for showing me to this far. I'm Ragien, by the way. Daour. Ragien Daour." He was mighty nervous in front of this warrior of old stories, and he knew it had to be apparent, making him even more nervous. He did keep what composure he could, but he already felt like a kid in a strange place. He dropped the hood from his head and finished speaking.

"Perhaps we could get some food - and talk. It gets boring on my ship with no one but an R6 unit to talk to."

Jaren smiled. "I know what you mean." He clapped the young man on the back, then led the way to the cafeteria. One thing he had learned early on in his job as a hopeful trainer was how to eat at any hour. Of course, it helped that he was built like a linebacker. He always seemed to be hungry anyway. What he really wanted now was a nerf medallion sandwich, some fruit salad with rija berries, and a slice of ujj cake.

Once the two men had gone through the line and sat down at a table, Jaren struck up a conversation again. "So Ragien, when did you first realize that you could use the Force, and what made you decide to seek out the Jedi? Why do you want to become a Jedi?"

FDY9u6P.png

The dogs of war seemed to howl in unison as Explorer 1 entered Lehon's air space, echoing of Scorpius Tenshu's arrival within the planet's atmosphere. The young Jedi Hopeful has finally reached his destination after months of travel. Sitting in the cockpit of the Deep X scout ship, Scorpius looked out upon the paradise planet through the viewport, cigarette in mouth as he exhaled a trail of the tobacco's smoke. "The Jedi's reputation proceeds them." He thought quietly to himself as a smirk crept across his face. "It's nothing like the planets of the Wilds." Opening his comm channel, he sorted through the formalities of the landing procedures, and within moments, gained access to land. He thought back to the promise he made to an old friend, his gaze peering down upon the crushgaunts that now adorned his fists, and as he settled the craft down in a open hangar bay, knew very well that today was just the beginning of fulfilling that very promise. Gathering his things, Scorpius exited his ship. So much war had played a part in his life. He wondered if he could live a peaceful life among the Jedi. Born of regal birth, he was still a soldier, his reasons unknown to all but himself. But perhaps the old dog of war could learn new tricks. After all, today was the first day of the rest of his life.... His new life.

0Qnnsqm.png

A Jedi adept waits to greet Scorpius at the entrance to the temple and shows him to some quarters. She also informs him that lessons will begin in the morning, and that if he is interested in meeting the instructor, Jedi Knight Jaren Platt is currently in the cafeteria with another hopeful, and Scorpius is welcome to join them.

FDY9u6P.png

As Scorpius exits "Explorer 1", he's surprised to see an Jedi Official standing there to greet him. Placing his bags off to the side, the ex soldier offers the adept a respectful bow, before reaching back down to grab his gear as she motions him to follow. The halls of the Temple were extravagant, beautiful works of art, mimicking the planet's own beauty with perfect harmony. It all seemed familiar to Scorpius, but he could not quite place it. Perhaps he had visited a similar temple in his travels as a young child with his father, but he wasn't quite sure. He simple admired it's beauty.

"Thank you." Scorpius replies politely as she informs him. "A meal would be nice."

Putting his things away, Scorpius reaches into his pocket and pulls out another cigarette. Already he found himself unsettled by the quietness of such a peaceful place, but shrugged it off. He had known war for so long, and such a change would leave such an uneasiness. It was to be expected. At the beckon of his stomach's grumble, Scorpius made his way toward the cafeteria.

0Qnnsqm.png

Jaren was waiting for Ragien to finish chewing a particularly delicious mouthful of food when an adept came up to him and whispered in his ear. He smiled and thanked her. It seemed that when it rained, it poured. He had gone several months without any new hopefuls, and now there were two here looking for training.

So he kept his eyes open, and when a new face entered the cafeteria, Jaren waved him over. "Welcome to Lehon," he said once the man got within earshot. "Grab some food and join us."

FDY9u6P.png

When Scorpius entered the Cafeteria, he didn't find the surprise he thought he would. For the most part, he had envisioned there to be extravagant feasts lined up, full of fruits and vegetables, a utopia of feasting per se. But it was no different than any Cafeteria he had encountered before, albeit more spacious with the lack of shelling in the distant. He entered conservatively, headed toward where the spare mess trays were located when he noticed a man waving him over. He found it peculiar, but shook it off as he grabbed a tray and headed the man's way. Perhaps he might have fought under Scorpius in the Wilds, but very few had survived such harsh space. It wasn't until he drew close enough that the man spoke and piqued Scorpius' interest, now noticing him as a Jedi rather than another hopeful nor adept.

"Forgive me, Master Jedi," Scorpius spoke with politeness, offering a regal bow in his confusion. "But do i know you?"

0Qnnsqm.png

Jaren chuckled at the man's obvious confusion. "Not yet," he replied with a smile, rising and offering him a handshake. "I'm Jaren Platt, lead trainer here at the temple on Lehon. I was just informed there was a new hopeful here. Well," he corrected, "another new hopeful." He indicated the other man sitting at the table. "This is Ragien Daour, another Jedi hopeful like yourself."

He motioned to an empty chair at their table. "Feel free to join us. I just asked Ragien why he came to the temple, and why he wants to become a Jedi. I'll extend the same question to you. Why did you decide to come here?"

FDY9u6P.png