Heroicide (Fin)

Oneshot. Beta'd by Hartel.

****************************************************************************************

HEROICIDE

Well, I've done it now.

That was the first thing in my head after I accidentally condemned myself to spend the rest of my short life in a confinement room ”“ ”œfor my own protection,”

anit.jpg

Thanks, Tiana!

Wow, Ani...that was intense. I love the first person POV you had going--it was the perfect choice for this fic. You portrayed his emotions very well.

Interesting plot twist too. I don't know if Anakin could actually be cut down by friendly fire...but it would make the galaxy an interesting place if this AU continued...

Nice work. I enjoyed this a lot.

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

Thanks for the comments, guys.

I do think, in the freak accident situation I presented, Anakin could get hit by friendly fire. "The will of the Force," if you like. Anakin's an amazing fighter, and very strong in the Force - but he's not invincible. I had toyed with the idea of adding something in from his point of view to explain how he managed to get hit, but I thought the piece was better without it.

anit.jpg

Thanks, Tiana!

They forgot to turn friendly fire off! Sorry, too lazy for a real review right now. I found it an interesting review--and felt worse for the poor trooper than Anakin, honestly. It'd be interesting to see how the GALAXY gets on after this...

...But yeah, I felt worse for Obi-Wan and the trooper. And wouldn't the Jedi be able to go into the trooper's mind and see the truth? That it had been an accident while trying to help?

Or are troopers just dispensible now... they could just memorywipe him and set him loose again.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

Actually, my idea was that the Jedi don't really quite know what to do with him. They don't really think he killed Anakin on purpose, but they do think he might be defective. The idea that he's going to be killed for his "crime" is all in the clone's head. He thinks it's logically what ought to happen to him.

And you're not supposed to feel sorry for Anakin. You are supposed to feel sorry for the clone and for Obi-Wan. So I guess I accomplished that part of my mission

anit.jpg

Thanks, Tiana!

That is a CHALLENGE!

ANAKIN! QUICK! WE HAVE TO WRITE STORIES THAT MAKE PEOPLE FEEL SORRY FOR ANAKINNYPOO!

/shouting

For

You mean... the actual canon Star Wars storyline... doesn't? Or am I the only one...

Well, I dunno... maybe that one story I sent you last January might make some people feel sorry for him, if I could post it... although he wouldn't be the only one they feel sorry for.

anit.jpg

Thanks, Tiana!

Re-send it to me, and I'll get to it before November... Yep, in the middle of doing some 17 pages for my comic and some huge assignment for work that should've been done and research for Nanowrimo and a couple updates for WTEO to buffer up for November.

Yep.

Just send it back to me and I'll get it. I don't want to email dive. I do remember promising to do it before the end of '08.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

I love this story!

I never feel sorry for Anakin, either. Especially not in the movies. He whinged a lot, and threw a tantrum when things didn't go his way. Then he turned to the Dark Side to draw attention to himself!

Ok, that last line is just a joke.

Meanwhile, I feel sorry for the trooper. I could totally see Obi-Wan forgiving that trooper... But... I don't know where I was going with this... I hate my brother.

This is my signature. You seem to be reading it.

Interesting, no?

• 2 weeks later...

i'll admit I read this when you first wrote it. NOW I commet on it.

I was quite happy with the sense of dread you dragged us through as the trooper. I also like how you never once deluved in to the thoughts and mindset of Anakin.

I was also pleased with your ability to go outside of the box and completly and utterly destroy starwars as we know it.

Like after the shot, I kept thinking you would add some where that Anakin was ok. Though you left him pretty dead.

Clearly I am a fan of this story as I can remember my impressions of this story after the fact.

"OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

Scorp.jpg

Well, you could always just post something like "OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

Wow, thanks, guys!

I was also pleased with your ability to go outside of the box and completly and utterly destroy starwars as we know it.

Yeah, that's me all right. I have to admit, I LOVE killing major characters off by little freak accidents and leaving my readers to imagine what happened after.

anit.jpg

Thanks, Tiana!