The Final Conflict (Older Challenge Response) (complete)

The challenge was ”” Write a vignette that begins with the sentence: "This was the end. He wasn't sure what precisely brought him to that conclusion, but he knew it was true." Limited to 2,000 words.

Here's what I came up with.

The Final Conflict

By: Galadriel Kenobi

Disclaimer: The setting, characters, etc. do not belong to me. No profit is being made from this work of fan fiction. No copyright infringement intended.

This was the end. He wasn't sure what precisely brought him to that conclusion, but he knew it was true. The moment his son had spoken those heart-wrenching words, he had known that this would be his final conflict.

”œThen my father is truly dead,”

GaladrielKenobi3.jpg

"Freedom is not the right to do what we want, but what we ought." --- Abraham Lincoln

"We must all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang seperately." --- Benjamin Franklin in the movie, 1776

Ooh, goose bumps.

I liked that. Very well done. Unfortunate that it was restricted to 2,000 words you could have really played that out. I like how you have Anakin and Darth Vader as separate characters, a clear conflict of the personalities.

myth.jpg

Wonderful was the only thing that came to mind. Like Myth said its too bad that you had to constrain it to 2000 words, this could have been a great fic in itself. It was a great depiction of what happened, the inner turmoil. Awesome job!

silassig-1.jpg

Proud member of the JNET Addicts Club since November '05

• 4 weeks later...

Nice work! I especially liked the last sentence. Very moving.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that this scene would be a good one for this challenge. Although, I like how you chose Vader's viewpoint and I took Luke's.

Excellent job!

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

• 6 months later...