Gala - Jedi Praxeum Ruins

Amidala Skywalker

Emily's eyes clear of tears, blinked, "Well... my parents taught some really basic principles. Very generic... its been a long time since I've really addressed them." Her eyes darted, focusing on a set of three stones, with her arm extended, her palm facing them... she closed her eyes trying to see them with only her mind's eye.

The picture was almost perfect, as she focused on one of the stones, gently moving it so it stood next to one of its brethren, sweat accumulating on her brow as she struggled to will the Force. The muscles along her arm started to tense and her fingers stretching apart, as she tried to envision the tendrils of the Force stemming from her fingers... slowly the largest of the three felt her tugs along the Force and moved. Levitating for an instant, she jerked and it fell atop the others before causing the make-shift stone structure to collapse.

Her exhausted face smiling, "Not much more than that... and to trust the whispers of the Force... when they say dodge left or dodge right, crouch, etc. A little more than enhanced intuition. My father left when I was young and my mother taught me a few more things, but neither wished to explain the Force as they understood it... dark and twisted. It was their kindest act, except for the kindnesses they shared between them."

Her eyes returned to the rocks... "Only a little. It is pretty hard to focus without giving yourself fully to the Force... and due to the fear of me falling to the dark side my training ended here."

Emily%202015_zps34rpkjob.jpg

"Days in the sun...what I'd give to relive just one. Undo what's done, and bring back the light."

Kirlocca watched Evander before he responded to him.

"”˜There is no emotion, there is peace.' Emotions are a natural part of living. Jedi are not immune to feeling emotions. I have openly express sorrow when they discover the death of someone. This tenet is not to say that emotion does not exist but that it ought to be set aside. Emotions must be understood first, and it is your duty to explore feelings. Unless a Jedi can confront his thoughts and feelings, he will never achieve peace. Emotions, then, are not to be overcome or denied, but rather understood and dealt with. This tenet could be modified to read 'Emotion cannot take away my peace.'"

Kirlocca moved on to the next one, without giving much of a moment for he young one to processes what he had just heard.

"”˜There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.' A Jedi must be circumspective and try to understand the world that is surrounding him. That ignorance does not exist is, of course, a flat-out lie or gross misunderstanding. Ignorance is a part of life but it must not be feared. For more knowledge to light their way, the Jedi Temple Archives contains possibly the single largest source of information in the galaxy, but this tenet also reminds the Jedi that knowledge can be taken from the most unusual places. This tenet is what gives the Jedi his open mind and ability to accept what other beings would tend to see as unacceptable. In other words, this tenet points out that often a Jedi must use not only his rational mind but also his intuitive mind in order to ascertain the truth of a situation. This tenet is embodied in this statement 'feel, don't think.'"

"'There is no passion, there is serenity.' This tenet is essentially a repetition of the first. But this refers more directly to situations of extreme stress in which a Jedi might be tempted to react strongly. That a Jedi must draw his weapon only in defense is an expression of this tenet. While emotions and intuition must be understood and utilized in a Jedi's daily life, he must never act rashly. Passionate use of power leads to the dark side. A Jedi must always act with a calm hand and an even temper."

Kirlocca stopped and allowed for the new information to sink in a bit before he moved on.

"And while you did not ask about this, I am still going to explain it for you. 'There is no chaos, there is harmony.' This statement reflects the cosmology of the Jedi Order. Whereas uninitiated beings see the universe as a chaotic and disconnected place, a Jedi realizes that all things are interconnected and, more importantly, interdependent. While an uninitiated being sees sorrow and tragedy in the workings of the universe, through the Force, a Jedi is able to interpret and understand even the most painful of life's events. Without this cosmology, surely the first tenets of the Jedi Code would be meaningless. After all, how could one possibly forsake love and compassion if he did not understand the truth of the universe: there is no chaos, there is harmony. Every event has a purpose. 'Death is a natural part of life.' Minor inconveniences such as failure, disappointment, and disagreement are also inevitable and should be taken in stride. Jedi do not deny the fact that tragic and terrible things happen; they merely point out that tragedy is simply another part of life...Without this tenet, all other tenets of the Jedi Code would be meaningless."

Kirlocca took a second to reflect on what he had said before he spoke again.

"As I already once said, 'The acceptance of others is not a guarantee. Like everyone else, a Jedi is accepted or not based on his behavior. The Jedi who believes that he is more important than others only demonstrates that his opinion is to be ignored.' Jedi are required to learn that, although you are able to use the Force, you are no better than those who could not. Jedi are taught that we were only Jedi because some had taken the trouble to teach them, not because we were superior to others, and that a Jedi Master was only a Jedi Master because he had disregarded his own sense of self-importance and embraced the will of the Force..."

Kirlocca only just realized that he was pacing the room. He stopped and just happened to be in front of Evander.

"While it's a lot to take in, it is wise to take it all in none the less."

Kirlocca then turned towards the newcomer.

"Then you have arrived at the right place. You may feel free to take a seat..."

Kirlocca walked back to the desk that he was sitting at and picked up a datasheet for the new apprentice, but thought better of it. He turned around to face all three.

"Since you are only slightly new, I would like for you to give us your name. Then, your class mates will update you on where we are at."

Kirlocca turned and sat down at the desk.

"But don't hesitate to ask me a question if you have one."

It was a short thing, mildly unpleasant, but it didn't bug Aryian much”¦part and parcel of the job of being a father. With the dirty diaper safely in the incinerator, and a new one freshly wrapped around Aidan's heiny, Aryian once again cradled his infant in his arms and left the nearby refresher, meandering the hallways with his bag slung over his back. The Force carried him, guided him, but mostly what drove him was curiosity.

Eventually, he wound up standing outside a decently large training room, whose walls were decorated with holocrons past. Four people populated the spacious area, three younger individuals sitting at the feet of one very large, very hairy Wookiee. A hairy Wookiee, that just happened to be one of Aryian's longtime friends in the Order. He didn't wish to disrupt his class with small talk, such action, though favorable to Aryian would not be productive to the student's learning, so he stayed put. This, however, didn't mean he didn't reach out with the Force to greet the Jedi Master.

His lack of lightsabers was obvious, other than the practice sabers he had taken from the armory, but those were in his bag. The infant he carried in his arms would also be a change Kirlocca would be likely to notice, as well as the swell of Force around Aryian. What wouldn't be so immediately apparent was Aryian's decision to detach himself from the Order, but all in good time. He was alive, he was healthy, and as usual, the Master was vibrant and generally cheerful. Thankfully, Aryian had also seen to cleaning himself up a bit while he was changing Aidan in the refresher, so he didn't smell too much of sweat from the exercises he was performing earlier.

Softly, he entered the room, taking care to be quiet and stayed to the rear of the class, simply listening in. It had been some time since he had a padawan, though it felt as if it were only yesterday. Life had an interesting knack for seeming to fly by one's eyes, even though living in and of itself was a slow process. Though he was curious and almost yearned to teach again, one last student...one final protégé, his oaths to his wife and child overrode most of his wants and needs that conflicted. Though he had mastered the light side of the Force, he was in no position to begin teaching it again. Ironically, it would probably be his own wife he'd need the permission from to begin training another.

He quietly shook these thoughts from his head as Kirlocca's words flooded into his ears, the lessons and diatribe ringing true with everything he had ever been taught. Everything he learned, everything he had trained himself with...it was all in these basic tenets. The interpretation had changed slightly, but the words were as fresh as when he was a hopeful himself.

Hello, old friend.

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

This was the fun part. It never failed to amuse me how, despite my reputation and campaigns on the Holonet (including one that literally took place yesterday), few people immediately recognized me in person. Perhaps it was the weight that I put on while I was carrying Aidan””unfortunately, I was no longer the sleek, warrior specimen that I used to be, though that would change. But frankly, I loved to shock my fellow Jedi, though the reaction that I sometimes received from Hopefuls was adoration.

”œHi. Armiena Darkfire””call me Armiena. I'll thank you to not address me by my rank.”

drayyy.png

Kirlocca looked up from the young Jedi when he was stirred by the force. His greeting was not one a danger, but of an old friend. Kirlocca made a note that all of the students acknowledged Aryian.

"Jedi, this is Master Darkfire, one of two...three in the near future it looks like."

Kirlocca moved around the room to greet Aryian fully. While most teachers might not think it wise to display such actions in front of the class, Kirlocca knew from his time when he was younger that friendship was needed in a Jedi's life. Kirlocca embraced Aryian in a giant wookiee hug, while he did his best not to hurt the child in his friends arms.

"It's been a long time my friend. Clearly you and me have not seen each other in a while."

Kirlocca looked down at the child and his own mind wondered about his own legacy and what he would leave behind to his name.

Arlan nodded. He firmly grasped her hand and shook it.

Rank? he wondered. Was this woman a Jedi, as well? Arlan couldn't tell. All of the men, women, and children he had seen when he first arrived at this temple looked like everyday people. He didn't see anyone who looked as if they were a Jedi. Long ago, his parents defined them as 'strong, peaceful warriors, the Force clearly running through them, and surrounding them, as well.

He frowned a bit as he thought back to what they had told them.

He had seen not a single person in this temple with the Force hovering over them. He hadn't seen an aurora of color, or light, or whatever the Force looked like, floating around anyone here. How could they be Jedi?

This was a question he wanted to know the answer to.

"Why doesn't anybody here have the Force?" he asked, clearly confused. "I didn't see anybody here with the Force."

He looked up at Armiena, hoping that she could tell him what he wanted to know.

"Even if this land shall expire, thou may be able to prevent further corrosion. But even so, one day the flames will fade, and only Dark will remain. And even a legend such as thineself can do nothing to stop that."

A non-descript but obviously well-cared for freighter appears out of hyperspace over the shimmering world of Gala. I watched the man at the helm request and receive permission to land, and brought the ship down after a small delay, picking a spot about a fifteen minute's walk outside the Jedi Temple.

With the hiss of jets, the boarding ramp lowered. I rose, grabbing my small satchel that contained only a few changes of clothes, my new blasters--gifts from my parents, a few spare power packs, and a comlink. It looked like an awfully small amount of stuff to be bringing with me as I started a brand new life, but I knew that a Jedi didn't need possessions.

The word Jedi rang in my ears. I really couldn't believe I was actually going to start studying to be one. For all my life, I had read about and watched cheesy old holodramas on Jedi. I had always pretended to be one when I was little, and had carefully constructed my own fake lightsaber from spare parts when I was only seven years old.

Last month, my parents took my sisters and I on vacation to Coruscant. It was a great time, and I enjoyed the activity and business of the city compared to my home planet. But the highlight of the trip was when my mother and father took my sisters and I to the medics that tested midichlorian count. My sisters turned out two negative results, dousing my hopes. We're triplets, after all, and our genetics are practically the same. However, I waited patiently as the medic took my blood sample. Then he announced that I had enough midichlorians to become a Jedi.

I was shocked, to say the least. The last month has been full of preparations. We contacted the Jedi and they told me to come to Gala. And now, here we were. As I strode down the ramp, I saw my family assembled at the bottom.

I threw my arms around my mother, doing my best to ignore her tears, lest I feel them come to my own eyes. "Goodbye Mom," I said, then gave her a weak smile. "Hey, don't cry. This is our dream."

"I know, Aira, but it's just hard to let you go."

I hugged my father next, and gave him a kiss on his scruffy cheek. "Thanks for the ride, Dad."

"Anytime, sweetie," he replied gruffly.

Then I turned to my sisters. It was going to be the hardest to leave them. We had always been close, and though we had had our arguments growing up like all siblings, we had always quickly made up and become best friends again. I threw my arms around them. "Keep in touch, alright? I'm only a comm away. Alara, take care of my room. Ailis, you keep on being brilliant. I want to see both of you again someday..."

A few minutes later, I knew I had to go. Part of me was sad, but overall, I was so excited. As I had told my mom, this had always been my dream, and to finally be able to pursue it was an amazing feeling. I was determined to make my family proud.

I stepped back and lifted my bag over my right shoulder. "I'll miss you...goodbye." I then turned resolutely and walked away, my eyes watering and my throat too tight to add anything to what I had said.

A few minutes into the walk, I felt better, and my curiosity grew. What would it be like to train as a Jedi? I had always heard it wasn't an easy life, but I knew it was potentially so rewarding that it made every trial worth it.

I arrived soon after at the Temple. As I walked in, marveling at the beauty and grace of the architecture, I was greeted by a young man with dark hair. "Welcome to the Jedi Temple," he told me. "I am an Adept here. Are you new to the Order?"

"Yep," I said, giving him a smile.

"Then allow me to help you find some quarters." He began browsing through a datapad. "I'll also put a map of the Temple on here. Feel free to wander as you choose. There are currently some classes being help by Master Kirlocca for the new hopefuls, if you wish to learn something about the Force and the Order while you wait for a Jedi Master to take you on." He handed me the datapad.

"Thank you," I told him gratefully.

"May the Force be with you."

I turned and headed to the quarters he had assigned for me. I found them to be small but comfortable. Something about them reminded me of my own room back home, so I felt instantly at ease. I plopped down my bad, used the 'fresher, then left the room. I was starving. Once I got something to eat, I'd head to the class. After all, I might as well start my Jedi training as soon as possible.

aira%20sig%202016_zpsneqbkyej.jpg

Captain of the Galactic Alliance & Jedi Knight

This kid knew even less about the Force than the average idiot, whose knowledge came from a collection of warped legends and the occasional sighting of a Jedi in action. I raised my eyebrows and pressed a hand to my breastbone, surprised by his ignorance. ”œYou made the Force sound like an STD. There aren't any markings that distinguish people that can use the Force, unless you count the lightsabers that Jedi construct as part of their training.”

drayyy.png

Evan listened captivated as the wise Jedi master answered both his spoken and nonspoken questions. Even now, the wookiee master had a way of making Evan seem insignificantly small in comparison towards the world outside his own. Of course, that side effect could not have been foreseen and was undoubtedly a residual effect of learning that everything and everyone was connected to something larger than himself. Hell, he still had trouble understanding what that entity was. What is the Force? Certainly, the tales he heard made it out to be magic, parlor tricks and fanciful imagery with little substance. Something that only a select few were granted, leaving the rest to be struck with awe and trepidation. But, from the wookiee's perspective, the Force was a living being, something that resided in everything and was an integral part of life in all its forms. Such things bespoke of theories and philosophies, Evander dared not to think.

This information, in its infancy was dwarfed by what a Jedi knew. This was just their code, something they clung to for solace. Something he would one day cling to for comfort and reassurance. Yet, with this tiny portion of what they knew, it filled an endless cavern of knowledge within the hopeful's mind and soul. He was truly lost, swept up in the currents of knowledge, yet oddly enough felt as if he would drown. It was not a comforting feeling. But, if this was just the tip of the iceberg, then just how long would it take for him to be counted amongst them? If there was such meaning, such depth to simple words ”“ tenants, then what would the rest of his lessons bring? Could he survive the current and stay afloat? Or would he be pulled under, to never again surface?

Evander sighed heavily, unaware that his musings had turned his expression into a thoughtful, if not somber frown. There was so much for him to learn, yet this was enough to keep him contemplating for a life time. How did the Jedi do it? How do they get up daily and trust in something they could not see with their own eyes or feel with their own hands? It seemed so foreign to him. His musings gathered with his growing anxiety and need for an answer was driving him mad.

Finally, he could stand it no longer.

”œExcuse me,”

Evander.png

Gerard Allard of House Allard

Character sheet last updated: 05/23/2012

Aryian chuckled.

"Putting me in the hotseat, Master Kirlocca? I'm honored."

The sarcasm rolled off his tongue with ease as it was easy to notice the stifled grin on the Wookiee's face. The question was a honest one, and though it would take some explaining, it was still an easy one. His newborn sleeping on his left shoulder cradled in his arm, he raised his right hand, calling a holocron from across the room to float over to him and hover near his hand.

"The Force is everywhere. It is in all things, and it surrounds everything. It is an unseen energy, and for the most part it remains unfelt by the majority of the galaxy, though it is still there. Some individuals, like yourself or Master Kirlocca here, are stronger in the Force than others due to microscopic life forms that live on your cells, called Midichlorians. These microscopic life forms are attached to the Force in ways we still have yet to understand, though we have noticed that the higher concentration in one's body, the more aptitude they have for connecting and harnessing the Force. We can feel the Force, its ebb and flow, the swirling currents that tie all life together. And we can reach out, and manipulate it."

Aryian gestured to the holocron, which began to spin lazily. Several other holocrons glided away from their spots on the wall as Aryian began to focus intently on one point in front of him, his eyes locked at nothing as if he was studying the meaning of life. The other holocrons began to orbit the first, slowly looking more and more like an atom.

"I trust in the Force because it is there, I can use it, I can feel it, and it aids me in my struggles. Where I am weak, it is strong, when I cannot go on, it carries me. One cannot truly know the intricacies and depths of the Force without experiencing it firsthand, and even then for you three it will likely be several years before you begin to understand the true nature of the Force, to realize your potential fully and act upon it. This - in all its entirety - is the Force, and with it, you can do anything."

The holocrons returned to their various spots on the shelves as Aryian lowered his right arm, the last holocron falling into place. Although it would have been difficult to notice, the act did make him a slight bit weary...he hadn't had the chance to recharge his energy reserves since his dueling exercise.

"In time, you will all learn to use the Force, you will all achieve the impossible. But being a Jedi isn't about achieving things for yourself, remember this. The sole thing that splits us from the Sith is that we act to benefit others. The Sith act to benefit themselves. Rejoice in your achievements, but realize that you have achieved something for the whole or something for others, as well as yourself. Stay true to the light, and the light will stay true to you."

A short pause was all it took really, as the words sunk into their heads. The last part none of them would have known was more true than anything else, Aryian's own trials and tribulations had made him a living testament to this.

"I trust that answered our question significantly...?"

He paused a moment, trying to draw a name from the younger student.

Blz1mwg.png

This kid knew even less about the Force than the average idiot, whose knowledge came from a collection of warped legends and the occasional sighting of a Jedi in action. I raised my eyebrows and pressed a hand to my breastbone, surprised by his ignorance. ”œYou made the Force sound like an STD. There aren't any markings that distinguish people that can use the Force, unless you count the lightsabers that Jedi construct as part of their training.”

"Even if this land shall expire, thou may be able to prevent further corrosion. But even so, one day the flames will fade, and only Dark will remain. And even a legend such as thineself can do nothing to stop that."

I had no trouble finding the mess hall. The scent of food made it stand out from all the other clean, sterile rooms. I grabbed a small plate of some food taht I didn't recognize. I loved trying new foods, and the serving droid informed me that this was a local specialty. It was really good, I noted appreciatively, taking a large bite.

Soon the food was gone, and I felt refreshed and energized, all thoughts of my family pushed to the back of my mind for the moment. Glancing at the datapad the adept had given me, I found that the training room where he had indicated classes were being held was just down the hall and to the right.

Rising and disposing of the remains of my lunch, I headed down the hall. As I entered the room, my eyes were immediately drawn to the large Wookiee in the center of the room. I had never seen a Wookiee in person before, and I was extremely impressed. This Wookiee seemed very wise, and by the lightsaber hanging on his belt, I guessed he was a Jedi. I couldn't believe it...I had just seen my first Jedi!

There were three others in the room, listening to a human male holding an adorable baby. I could tell this man was also a Jedi. Trying to be unobtrusive, I grabbed a seat next to one of the three sitting on the floor. The Jedi with the baby was speaking. "Where I am weak, it is strong, when I cannot go on, it carries me," he said.

I guessed he was talking about the Force, and my suspicions were confirmed as he continued. As he spoke, I found myself caught up in what he was saying. It was inspirational. I knew I had to make this the foundation of all my future learning. I felt a feeling of...rightness seep into me. Somehow, I knew I was doing the right thing by becoming a Jedi.

I didn't say anything when the man finished, still thinking about what had been said, and excited about the display of levitating objects the Jedi had put on. When will I be able to do something like that? I wondered.

Evander watched and studied the man before him with such intensity one would think he was looking into the sun and trying to discern the intricacies of the universe. True, the man known as Master Darkfire had answered his question and the question behind the spoken one, but it left Evan feeling odd. Of course, he was inspired by the Jedi's words and the intensity with which he spoke, but it also left Evan wondering if he could truly give in to what he couldn't see. Perhaps he was ignorant beyond hope, by not being able to take that blind leap? No. He would just have to have faith. I need an open mind. He told himself as he slowly began to nod his understanding.

In the silence that followed, Evander rose from his table, until he stood just in front of his chair. In doing so, he was careful to sidestep a young woman who'd quietly entered the room. After all, he didn't want to accidentally step on her. Immediately, he turned to face the Jedi Darkfire and gave an apologetic smile.

”œI'm sorry, my name is Evander. Evander Highwind.”

Evander.png

Evander Highwind. The young man's thoughts amused him, as he perfectly caught on to the answer to his own question that Aryian hadn't quite covered for one who hadn't experienced the Force as a Master. You can trust in the people around you, in yourself...but when it comes to the Force, you need to have faith. It will always be there, as long as there were hopefuls to believe in it.

"You know, Kirlocca, if you don't mind, I'd like to take Evander there with me for a while. Rest assured he won't miss out on the rest of the lesson."

Aryian winked at the greying Wookiee, then nodded to Evander to follow him. He turned, walking out if the room, trying not to draw anymore attention than he had. It was time he found his wife.

Blz1mwg.png

Kirlocca watched the whole room as his group went from three, to three. The young new Jedi entrance did not go un-noticed by the Jedi master. He allowed for a short glance at Aryian and Evander as they left, Kirlocca taking note that Aryian's thoughts pointed out that he was greying, which made Kirlocca conscious of what he had showing. Pushing thoughts of old age aside, he turned back to the class.

"Since we have two new apprentices here with us, I think it is best if we move on to something else..."

Kirlocca looked around at all the faces that he was about to teach.

"While it is true that a Jedi uses his power only for defense, never for attack, it is equally true that a Jedi must nevertheless prepare with great vigilance, for only the Force knows when you may face your greatest battle..."

Kirlocca motioned for them to clear a space in the middle.

"I want for us to explore the force and it's mysteries."

He breathed hard but slow as sweat steamrolled down his pallid features. The voice did of course whisper from all around him as his Master assured it would. It told him, convinced him to not fall down face first in these trails of testament but stand up as a man would to defend his pride; a pride he shouldn't have. It told him not to drown in his own exhaustion, but to focus on the next and then the next afterwards. As Master Essions' hand left his shoulder, he knew he could persist”” If no more than to make him pleased that his Padawan wasn't a certain failure. These reasons which were considered unethical; made him endure and remained a secret to all and even him.

Nevan studied the cube from where he stood tall. He looked at it, or more, he looked into it. There wasn't much of a puzzle here, but his weariness caused him to over-think with a blank focus. He shook his raven-white locks from his face and moved closer to the device. He placed a somnolent arm down towards the floor and allowed his palm to ease his entirety to the floor. With time, Nevan found himself upright and with his legs crossed beneath him. He closed his eyes and focused the watercourse of Force that mushroomed in his seams. At first, the call was mute and he could feel not an ounce of his own power. Even so, it rattled through him fast and heavy unlike anything of the standard.

”œI can”¦I can feel it.”

Evander's head rose from the datasheet when he felt something important was verging on happening. It was more of like a gut feeling that he should listen, or maybe the whispers of the Force, which he still didn't fully believe in. Whatever it was that made him look up, he was both surprised and excited to find that baby-carrying Jedi wished Evander to follow him. His thoughts didn't tarry on what that could be, since for all purposes, Jedi were not corrupt. So any such thoughts as these would have been silly and pure misgivings on leaving a budding training session. Nevertheless, Evan rose from his seat without hesitation, once more careful not to step upon the young dark-skinned woman and hurried to follow after the Jedi Darkfire.

Just before he left the room that would one day be his first memories of the Jedi, he turned and waved towards everyone therein and gave a silent, heartfelt and friendly nod to both the Jedi master Kirlocca and to the mysterious Tristen Forerunner. Who had remained so silent since entering the room with Evan. Briefly, Evander wondered what the armored man was thinking about, but all thoughts soon left his mind. He now stood in the ever populated halls of the Jedi temple with a Jedi who was interested in him. His heart skipped a beat as he tried to reign in his thoughts with logic and rationalization. Which of course failed miserably. Once again, he stood quietly, stunned to silence in awe of the Jedi. Even now, as this man known as Darkfire stood before Evan, staring at him and gently cradling his child, Evan felt a sort of peaceful power and purpose within him. Or perhaps he just perceived such things from the man's expression.

Finally, after he realized a full minute had gone by without him saying a word, he spoke.

”œMaster Darkfire”¦”

Evander.png

Master Kirlocca and Master Darkfire... I repeated the names over in my head so that I'd be sure to remember them. I was glad the young man--Evander Highwind, I reminded myself--had greeted the masters by name. It was always so awkward to have to ask, just because I didn't arrive in time for the start of the class.

I rose as Master Kirlocca asked us to clear an area in the center of the room. Exploring the Force and its mysteries sounded like a lot of fun. I smiled broadly at the other hopefuls. I wondered what their names were, where they were from, but I knew that this wouldn't be the best time to get to know them. It could wait. I bit my tongue and focused on the Wookiee, waiting to hear what he wanted us to do.

He didn't shake his head nor did he raise and eyebrow or become surprised. He had had no expectations for the boy, and so the results did not disappoint or surprise him. He simple observed and felt the currents of the force as he watched his padawan attempt to run those same currents through the cube.

”œControl, you must learn control.”

Scorp.jpg

Well, you could always just post something like "OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

Aryian grinned as he heard the hopeful catch up to him, and ask his question. Life was a fun game to play.

"I don't know. I like you, I guess...you've got a very inquisitive mind, and you're likely to see the whole problem to more fully understand the full answer. It's vague reasoning, so don't think I know what I'm talking about here...I just have a gut feeling, I guess. And by the way, your thoughts are pretty loud. I don't make it a habit to listen in, but things pertaining to me I generally hear without wanting. Everyone has potential, Evander, that's not completely why I asked you to come, you've got to realize it's what you do with that potential that makes any real difference in this world. Your choices...and the consequences, good or bad. You have the ability to be the greatest Jedi ever, if that's really what you want to be known as, or you can just quietly know that no matter the obstacle life gives you, you have the power to overcome it."

They kept walking awhile, Aryian calmly following the currents of the Force to easily find his wife talking to what felt like a female Adept and a male Hopeful. As he stepped in the room, he caught his wife's eye immediately.

I think I've found someone to talk with.

Below his breath, Aryian spoke to Evan, clearly making sure he knew who the Master spoke of.

"Evan, that's Armiena. My wife...and Grandmaster."

Blz1mwg.png

Arlan noticed Armiena's head swivel upwards, towards something behind him. He turned around on his chair, seeing a man standing next to a male teenager. The man was obviously a Jedi; his facial features and determined eyes helped Arlan figure this out. The teenager next to him, on the other hand, Arlan wasn't sure.

He didn't know either of these men; however he knew that they could help him with his quest in becoming a Jedi.

The calm wasn't the answer, it couldn't be. He mixed his emotions and found a source within him, within the wild currents that spewed back and forth and dared devastate his consciousness. His temples tensed and the prophetic marks drafted onto his skin seemed to burr with an unnoticeable luminance. He had to control it, Master Ession demanded it. He stressed until he was on the brink and then it hit him. A flow of life-force pushed him backwards and loosened his concentration.

He didn't open to see for himself, but he could now feel the wildness that ran rampant within him. He didn't like it at first, because it was new and it controlled him more than he could understand. It all came too fast and he had no words to explain it to his Master, but it happened and he experienced all sensations for what it was. A deep breath pushed itself from his nostrils and his chest fell inwards just a tad. He was winded for a moment but now swam in the depth of the wild currents that embodied him. Was this it? Was this the control, or was this the unification?

Having been met with so little as no answer from Gavin, Roene concluded that this was not in fact the person who would teach him the ways of the force. He began to wonder if he was perhaps too old to engage within the teachings of these mystical people. Or at least too old to be at the level of knowledge that he was with the subject matter, but either way he would not gain any further answers by dwelling in this chamber so Roene decided he would wander for some time...

The temple of which he was residing truly gleamed in the light of day. The shining light streamed down from atop several openings in the walls and fell down to touch the floor as if to join each side of the room in peaceful bliss. Roene's eyes gracefully swiveled back and forth across his face following the beams intently as he walked. He wasn't truly dismayed at the utter withdrawal of the master's previous engagement, but instead slightly anxious to finish his tour of the grounds. It had been some time since he had scaled this large of a building, but it was truly a remarkable work and as such deserved exploration...

The inquisitive mind works in wondrous ways if not begs to question what rigid borders keep this mighty world in tact. It takes stabs at the unknown only to be thrown back into it's seat yearning for more... Hence the beauty of exploration and discovery...

Yet as he rounded what seemed to be a rather ornate outcropping his eyes wandered over towards a slight gathering of what appeared to be normal people. He could slightly feel something more, but without proper training that would be the only thing he would be able to do. He saw a slightly round woman with what looked to be the remains of a pregnant belly, two young men and a fairly middle aged man with a baby on his shoulder...

He could only hope that he wasn't interrupting anything...

"Oh my humblest apologies, I didn't mean to be interrupting anything... My name is Roene Givrah and I was merely wandering these grounds for no reason at all really..." Roene was truly embarrassed, but he didn't move until he was excused, as were the manners bestowed upon him by his Cerean mother...

NvFYuwm.png

He observed his padawan, felt the force and felts it behavior around him. He crossed his armors over his chest. In the past he had been willing to step in, help guide his Padawans along the path of mediation by joining his with theirs. Yet he had seen firsthand the results of those methods. He did not wish to be apart of the process of creating anything like that again, so in by not spoon feeding his padawan he was forcing the young man to learn for himself.

”œTo control the force you must first control yourself. Self discipline is one of the core abilities that make a Jedi into a Jedi.”

Scorp.jpg

Well, you could always just post something like "OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

Arlan nodded. He had heard of the controversy involving two Jedi becoming married. Although he didn't understand much about it, he understood enough to know that it had once been thought of as a bad thing to become married to another if you were part of a Jedi Order. The controversy must have calmed down if not a bit then for the most part, Arlan was sure.

He was thrilled upon hearing that she would take him to Dantooine to retrieve his parents' lightsabers. Better yet, she was going to start teaching him about the Force! He couldn't help but smile as soon as she had said this. All his life he had dreamed of the Jedi. He had a greater amount of respect for his parents - probably more than any other child his age- because they were once warriors whom the entire galaxy once looked up to.

Now, he was going to become one himself!

He nodded eagerly as soon as she asked if he would allow her to teach him about the Force. He was sure that there was much he would learn from her during this journey, and knew that she would have much to teach him in the future, as well.

”œWhen can we go?”

Evander slowly nodded. He was surprised to find that the Jedi could read one's mind, but oddly enough was not offended or insulted by the act. Merely, he shrugged it off as happenstance, just another something to get used to. Though, of course, as they continued to walk, he couldn't help but wonder what it would be like to read people's thoughts. Which then led him down corridors he would have rather avoided in the presence of his telepathic acquaintance master Darkfire. Evan's thoughts turned moderately lustful as he wondered what Elizabeth had truly thought about him. If he would see the vixen again and what she looked like in her most vulnerable of conditions. A wolfish grin crept across his lips, though he vainly tried to repress it. There was no point in fantasizing about someone he would probably never see again... which only made him daydream about her more.

He soon found that he had been led to a large room and that the Jedi was whispering something to him. Something about 'wife' and 'grandmaster', but he heard little else. That, was until the woman turned around, instantly raising a lone hand towards them. The gesture was lost on the young Evander, but it seemed to mean something for the Jedi Darkfire. Intrigued, Evan began paying more attention to what was going on nearer to the woman; unconsciously taking several steps towards her so he could better eavesdrop on their conversation. He meant no malice by it, she just intrigued him. Once he noticed his moving feet, he stopped in midstep, making a passing attempt, he bent down as if to tie a shoe or to retrieve something he had mysteriously found on the ground.

Evander.png