Ryloth's Imperial Garrison

BLCKCLONE

*Kirlocca opened his eyes slowly. He looked the imperial officer in the eyes. Once Kirlocca was sure he had enough muscle strength to speak, he did.*

"Strange is your hospitallity. You imperision me with out knowing that I was and am willing to help your efforts. You drug and shave me, leaving me with no respect for your kind once again, though my kind never really had respect for your kind."

*Kirlocca puased, allowing strength to return.*

"Why do you fear what is differant? Why do you fear to give me a chance?...Are you incompetent?"

*Kirlocca kept his eyes on the imperial. It was all true. Kirlocca has always been ready to give his support to them. He had always been ready to leave the order. But now...If they could not trust him, would he be able to trust them?*

”œImprison you without knowing you are willing to help? What, do you expect us to ask if you are willing to join our cause before we imprison you? When we took you in, did you suddenly gain respect for us then lose it when we did the smart thing of drugging you?”

ImpSig3copy.jpg

*Kirlocca smiled.*

"Becuase you would rather live then die."

*Kirlocca locked his eyes with Goeth.*

"You believe that the wookiee race is all but gone, or so they want you to think. But you imperials know that they didn't just die off like the rumors say, you know that they live in the unknown regions, waiting for a leader that they can trust to bring them out."

*Kirlocca lowered his voice.*

"You know that they will trust me to whatever ends...and you know that I know that you need them."

*Kirlocca got a smile on his face.*

"Just imagine...A group of wookiee warriors, doing your bidding. Destroying small resistance forces so that you can concentrate on the bigger forces. And as long as I am alive, they will follow my orders...your orders."

Goeth chuckled a bit as it would seem this animal really truly believed that what he offered was some sort of all powerful bargaining chip. He was curious if the animal thought them dumb or was simply assuming more then he should, but either way it didn't quite matter. He shook his head slowly and spoke up after a long minute of consideration.

”œWe are not foolish enough to believe your race is completely gone, but you know”¦Many of your race has been slaughtered like the animals they are, many more will be. Guess what? Wookiee's aren't good for anything but slave labor. And even then not that great. Personally I'd rather see them dead. You see, the thing is”¦The scientific field of Genetics has made your race's strength a common thing among us. Our army is perfectly capable without being polluted with beasts better left to die.”

ImpSig3copy.jpg

*Kirlocca frowned, knowing that the imperial officer did not understand what he was offering him.*

"Are you sure you know what I am offering?"

*Kirlocca smiled. He slowly moved as close as he could next to the imperial officer as his binds would allow him.*

"Only a fool would turn down what was just offered. Maybe you would like for me to explain it for you?"

A stormtrooper walked into the room and quickly handed a datapad to Goeth in it is said to prepare for a possible attack as well as to prepare the prisioner for prosteitcs and armor fitting, take his mesauaments in both accounts and then send him off to be... modified.

These orders came directly from Slicer himself and so shutting off teh camera the stormtrooper made a motion to comply before leaving the room.

Slicer.jpgMy sig is my profile...

ship

A comm arrives as an ominus looking personal ship lands at Ryloth. Directed to Slicer and Goeth, it's message is simple, clear, and direct.

An Imperial General wishes to view the Jedi Master prisoner following your holonet broadcast. We would advise complying with his request.

The sterile halls leading up to where Goeth was interrogating and preparing to deal with the prisoner, there is the faintest sound of heavy, strident and ominously echoing footsteps from some metallic boot, followed by a strange, complex whistling.

Standing in the doorway of the chamber, the mystery guest makes his apperance. With short cropped, spikey blond hair, a wide, beastal smile, and a long white and flowing trench coat drapped over another white, shining set of carefully polished armor, the figure radiates power. The worst though are his eyes, two cold blue pits. Pale and harder than adamantine, they seem to drain the warmth from the room. As he enters the sense of the force in the room seems to drain out, cut off by some hidden field. As an added, if not redundant touch, the man is drapped in a long, flowing cape of some heavy, course brown hair.

"Greetings Master Goeth," the man states with a crisp, precise salute, though there seems to be a faint, if not bored air in the motion. "I've used my commision from Phillep to ah... offer myself as an independent advisor... in how you treat this prisoner, to make him more enticing bait for the Jedi. It seems you have plans for him, so if it's not too much trouble, I would like to be briefed on those." He takes off his cape and tosses it aside, clearly now shown to be made from the pelts of various Wookies. It was an obvious, if not childish snare in how it was meant to incite on this particular occasion. Finally, his eyes fix themselves on the Jedi. "Master Kirlocca... Your luck seems to have run out in worse fashion than usual. I've had experience breaking your kind before. Even your one time dear leader screamed and begged for mercy at my hands."

At that a stormtrooper hurries in, handing the man a polished steelbrief case. "The tool set you ordered, general."

The man opens it, inspecting various impliments- all sharp or with a laser edge. There are also bottles of various fluids and drugs he assembled with his own research. "Thank you trooper," he purrs, eyeing them with sadistic glee. Perhaps if his host was willing, he might have a chance to use them. It would of course, be bad manners to over step his bounds on Slicer's pet project, but like a Boy Scout he was always prepared...

"Anything else, general-" the trooper falters, trying to place the man's name.

"General Faust," the hunter intones, still staring at the Wookie with baleful eyes. "Vladimir Faust."

In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed - but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

Goeth turned and faced the newest arrival. He had never seen the man before, but it would seem he held some importance. After the two saluted each other, the other began to speak. From the sounds of it he was a bounty hunter of sorts. A thin smile formed on Goeth's lips as the man spoke to the Jedi, this one was entertaining at least. Not bland and rather annoying like many of the others stationed in this place. His smile faded when he heard the word ”˜General' though. He had more rank then Amon had at first guessed.

”œGeneral Faust”¦I can't say I've ever heard of you, but I trust you've earned your rank and know what you are doing. At the moment I've no real plans for this one, though it would seem that the figure that spoke of him on the holonet had some rather foolish hopes for him.

If you wish, I can hand over control of this particular operation to you. Of course, I'd like to work under you as I've been working with this one for some time now. Ah, yes, how could I forget his condition”¦He has not slept in just over five days and has not had a bite of food in just as long. He seems to want us to take him in and allow him and a couple of his brothers perform jobs for us. Of course, we've no Real reason to trust him”¦”

ImpSig3copy.jpg

"You have plenty of reasons to trust me."

*Kirlocca smiled.*

"I can hand over jedi masters to you by myself. And I could no it a lot quicker then you."

*Kirlocca pushed himself once again as close as he could to the imperial officers.*

"I can promise you that you have my allegence, along with the wealth of the wookiee high council."

*Kirlocca's voice turned into that of a whisper.*

"I have alot of infulence on the run away wookiees."

Faust laughs. "So willing to sell out your brothers and sisters, Kirlocca?" he asks, mockingly. "All you have to bargin with, certifiably right now, is your life, and that is easily ours to take a hundred times over." There's a bemused glint in his blue eyes. "For the runaway Wookies, we have enough. More than enough at least to make me another cape should the situation demand it. They are like you, expendable. The wealth of the Empire is worth more than that of the dead planet of Kashyyyk that I myself have seen razed once before."

He rifles around through his metal case and pulls out what looks like a laser scalpel, often used by coroners to dissect dead bodies. Faust used it often, but rarely waited for his victims to die first. Though seemingly ignoring the Imperial captain, Faust found him to be precise and dutiful.

Willing to call out the coloniel too... This one has potential. Let's test him.

"As for bringing in your breatheren, it is much more fun to use you as bait, to dangle you on a hook, swaying enticiingly like an exposed bag of meat..." he punctuates that by holding aloft the laser scalpel. "You're rather transparent Kirlocca. I've been inside your mind before if you remember, and the only purpose it serves is to keep that thick Wookies skull of yours from caving in." He turns to face the Wookie full on. "Give me one, solid reason why I should trust you, Jedi. You know how much I enjoy playing these games, so what surity can you offer me, what prize can you give me that would surpass the fun I'd have with this toy?" he laughs, brandishing the scalpel like a sword.

He turns to Goeth, pasing him the device. "Captain," he states calmly, "if master's Kirlocca answer fails to please you, remove his tongue and suspend negotiations."

In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed - but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

Goeth stood back quietly observing the man as he spoke with the Wookiee. Even still the animal was trying to negotiate with them for his own freedom. He had yet to offer up anything of true value, after all his life was worth little more then the Twi'lek that he had killed but a few days ago. In the end they were all animals, only here to serve those that would rise up and take command or to simply provide entertainment. This ones loyalty seemed to be swayed easily enough. He claimed the title of Jedi Master, yet here he was offering up to join the Empire.

He shifted his attention when Faust began to speak to him. He accepted the device with a thin smile, a glint of his sadistic nature shining in his eyes. Already he was liking this man. He nodded his head as he spoke.

”œWith pleasure, Sir.”

ImpSig3copy.jpg

Faust steps back, holding out his left hand at an odd angle, and pulling the modified glove off of it, seems to jack his finger into the computer outlet. There's a faint click as the Hunter starts viewing through personel and security files concerning the garrison base.

For a moment his blue eyes close, internalizing these schematics. Anticipating the Wookie's answer, as well as Jedi help sure to be on the way, he sets the garrison on high alert. Orders are sent out to shuffle the exterior garrison with ordinary storm troopers, detachments to try flechette launchers rather than traditional blasters, keeping alert magnaguards closer to the center. Preparations are made for the Wookie's future cell should he fail to satisfy Amon, letting it be in the most secure and deepest part of the base where Slicer took the pains to neutralize force capabilities. He smiles, thinking back to his preparations for the grand funeral and realizes some of those defenses could be easily replicated. He orders them so. Finally, a comm is sent out on the usual secure lines to get ahold of the commander of the base, requesting him back here at his convenience.

His eyes open a few seconds later and he jacks out, putting his glove back on, still watching the delightful drama about to unfold between Amon and Kirlocca- likely he muses, to end in a pantomime performance from the latter...

*Kirlocca stared at Fuast, ignoring the Imperial officer Goeth. When the wookie spoke, he spoke with strong conviction.*

"There is nothing that I can say that will allow you to trust me. I can only give you my word, and you know that."

*Kirlocca puased, but only for a quick second.*

"And with my words....I pledge my life to the Empire."

*Kirlocca stared Vladimir Faust directly in the eyes, refusing to break contact.*

Faust's eyes, still their usual cold, steely blue, meet the Wookie's. His face is a mask, expressionless and impossible to read. With the same, heavy, thick silence, Faust breaks contact, his eyes gliding across the distance between Kirlocca and Goeth, now fixing themselves steadily onto the Imperial officer. No words pass, but the deep, penetrating gaze speaks volumes, simply shouting two words with a firm, final, judgment.

Your move.

Goeth lifted up the scalpel and looked to the two soldiers in the room. He motioned for them to hold the Wookiee's mouth open and they did such. He moved forward, cautiously grabbing the animals tongue without a word and easily slicing it away with the razor edge of the surgical tool.

There was little the animal could have said to please him, if anything at all. He simply would not allow a Wookiee into this, the Imperial army and as long as he could prevent such an event from coming to pass he would. Animals deserved to be in cages or on the hunting ground for people like Goeth to have some fun with. Not serving the greatest army in the Universe.

ImpSig3copy.jpg

*When Kirlocca's tounge fall to the ground, Kirlocca snaped. Kirlocca, despite being held by two imperial soliders, head-butted Goeth's hand, sending the scaple into the wall next to Faust. The scaple shook for a few seconds before stoping. Amon Goeth's hand was now clearly broken.*

*Rage over took the wookiee. He broke his hands free, wasting little time in taking out the two imperial soldiers in the room. Kirlocca placed his hands on thier hands and bashed them together. Still holding onto to soldiers, Kirlocca threw them into Goeth.*

*Kirlocca started to attempt to bash around on the table. After a few seconds of failure, Kirlocca reached over to a table next to him and picked up a scaple and stabed it into his leg. The jedi master stoped what he was doing and remained still, driping blood form both his mouth and his legs now, but despite all of his blood loss...He knew that Slicer wanted him alive. Kirlocca would die in a matter of minutes unless he recieved medical attention, but Kirlocca made sure that his eyes told Faust that he would not allow anyone to touch him. Kirlocca informed Faust that he was going to allow himself to die for the actions of what happened hear.*

...I win...

Achzet watched as the wookiee began its rage. He looked at its strength with interest, for he never saw a wookiee in its true rage before. He never saw how much strength and wit they gained while in it.

Still standing, peering through a window, Achzet looked at the raging wookiee stop for some odd reason. Achzet used the Force to look into the wookiee's fragile mind. He felt that the wookiee would die before being taken into the hands of the Imperials. Achzet knew he might be able to do something to help that.

Achzet walked into the room. He felt a coldness in the room. There was no Force around him at all. This particular room was stripped of it. He still walked towards the wookiee. He lept into the air and behind the wookiee without a sound. He put his saber to the wookiee's back and whispered into its ears.

"Remember me?"

Achzet activated the saber and the crimson red blade flung out of its hilt, right through the wookiee's back. He heard it slip through with a burning sound. He pulled out the saber and watched the wookiee fall. He could see it still breathing.

Not for much longer though.

Achzet walked out of the room and into a training complex. He began sparring with droids and other stormtroopers.

GearsSig3.jpg

*Kirlocca felt the familliar pain of the lightsaber in his back. He knew that Achzet had just helped him get his goal, whether he knew it or not.*

Only daeth would free me from this pain...and now...I am free...

*Kirlocca slowly fell over from and on the ground. Since all of his limbs, besides his waist and arms were still restrained, only half of his body fell over. Kirlocca passed out and slowly began to drift from life.*

Faust watches the whole show with calm detachment. Slowly, with heavy footfalls, he approaches the dying Wookie, albiet from a safe distance. After the Wookie made his first move, a silent alarm was dispatched, owing to the cybermental control the Hunter exercised. Predictably, a medical unit was needed and thankfully on the way.

"Death is no escape, master Jedi," he intones softly, taking out his lightsaber and activating it with a cold, menacing hiss. "And you will have to try harder in the future." With a seemingly callous thrust, Faust drives it into the Wookie's self inflicted wounds, his own eyes blazing and watching the steam emerge from the Jedi's freshly cauterized flesh and blood. A delaying action, but one that would suffice. "I applaud your bravery and dedication. Under other circumstances, you would have been a worthy opponent." He breaks off, hearing the sound of running footsteps.

"Tranquilize him," Faust orders, not even bothering to look at the troops rushing in behind him. Standing up, he walks over to Goeth. "Careless," he notes. "Get your hands treated, then prepare the Wookie for a proper execution, but do not go ahead without the order from me- I want something dramatic, messy, and that I can broadcast on Holonet. Do not fail me, captain."

Without another word, Faust exits, hearing the sound of several tranquilizer guns being shot into the Wookie, slowing his heartrate and loss of blood further. Dazed, and later properly bound with durasteel straps, the Jedi is weak, but stablized, and locked in a cell that Slicer had prepared to be stripped of the force.

This is of course, of no concern to Faust, who presents himself before Achzet in the training room. Handing his heavy trenchcoat to stormtrooper, he dismisses the droids and other trainers before Achzet, once more activating his lightsaber.

"Achzet," he calls out, "I will be your new sparing partner, and we have much to discuss. Consider that an order." Faust drops into a guard stance. "I found your actions in the interrogation chamber in need of refinement. Honing your blade on lesser enemies will dull your skills, so come, and let us talk about why we do not let valued prisoners who offer leverage die."

Just as the comm stations shut down after the sending of a message, a lone Eta-2 interceptor dropped out of hyperspace high above the planet Ryloth. The coordinates that Slicer had broadcast over the holonet pointed onward, toward the small orb before him.

Ryloth was an imperial controlled world. Going into such a place with an entire army would have been considered bold, but going alone would be just plain foolhardy. As such, it would not wise to draw attention to himself. Using his limited knowledge of the ”œArt of the Small”

Location courtesy of Hale Akturus.

Character Sheet

As Faust prepares for Achzet's assault, the news of Talon's comm reaches him. His face becomes a set mask as he deactivates his lightsaber and reaches once more for his white trenchcoat. "Some other time," he murmurs. "Be on the alert, we are receiving a guest, and one with a dangerous reputation."

In the command center for the garrison, Faust takes a seat, reviewing the details of Talon's message. The Hunter thinks for a moment, then makes his decision, sending out the following message.

"Master Talon," he begins, his voice calm and steady. "At the moment, Kirlocca is in the care of our medical staff. He is suffering from self-inflicted wounds that require immediate attention if he is to live." No lie, no deception was needed there. It was a simple statement of fact. "Since his wounds will take time to heal before he is stable enough to move, there will be ample time for negotiation. You are being sent a very specific flight plan. If you deviate from it in any way, you will be shot down." There is a cold finality in Faust's voice as he speaks. "After you land, there will be a small escort waiting. I will have dinner prepared and then we can negotiate for the release of the Wookie terrorist, though I'm afraid unless some considerable offers are made on your part, he is likely to be executed. However, I do not believe in being hasty, so I will at least hear you out."

It was some time before there was a reply from ”˜higher authorities' on the other end of the line, but Talon was, in all actuality, not expecting the person who answered. It was Vladmir Faust- perhaps the most feared bounty hunter in the whole galaxy- rivaling even such names as Sing and Fett. Yet, despite his reputation, he was quite hospitable, even if in that strange, cold way.

Talon reminded himself, however, that they were holding a friend prisoner, and that though Faust appeared to be chillingly convivial, things were hardly ever what they seemed. Still, the flight plans mentioned by Faust began to display themselves in the lower right-hand corner of the ship's main screen. Talon spoke back into the comm.

”œAcknowledged. I am receiving the flight plans now.”

Character Sheet

The reception waiting for Talon at the surface was silent, if not cold in their reception. One green outfitted Imperial of some minor rank gave a short, curt nod to answer the Jedi's quesiton and lead him into the base. As a precaution, a handful of troopers- some in plain sight, others concealed, stay behind by the Jedi's ship- always wary of some last minute stunt.

Navigating a few short, yet tightly patrolled halls, Talon is lead to a reception hall, showing signs of having been almost hastily prepared as an impromptu banquet hall. There are contigents of elite magna guards like the kind General Grevious used (of which Faust professed moderate distaste for even with his admiration of the general, but being left by the former garrison commander, did offer themselves to be the best troops availible). The long, cloth table is covered with a ample supply of food and drinks.

Seated at the far end is Faust. Resting his heavy white boots casually up on the table, almost mocking the very preparations which he made for the reception, he lounges in a high backed chair, the folds of his white, cape like trench coat thrown back, holding a clear goblet of some blood red wine in one hand. He takes a casual sip, then nods in acknowledgement of his guest.

"So the great Master Talon has come to negotiate the release of his friend," he states, his blue eyes fixed solidly on the Jedi, though there's a momentary flicker towards the droid. Faust's lips curl back into a smile. "I was expecting something more along the lines of some doomed rescue attempt with force of arms. I find this civilized approach refreshing." He takes another short sip. "Very refreshing." He sits properly and upright into the chair, feet on the floor. "Now, have a seat, help yourself to the refreshments, and let us being negotiations. I believe you want the Wookie, who is I'm afraid, considered a terrorist by the Empire and an enemy of the peace. Furthermore, your new leader offered a bounty on the former garrison commander. For the right price, considering the embarassment he has given my employers, we could also negotiate what would be an appropriate price for his turn over to the Jedi..." he gives short laugh at that, making it uncertain if the offer for the latter was serious or not.

"So," he continues, smiling, "what is you opening offer?"

Barrek walked through the halls of the garrision he held his head up high as he walked through the medical wing of the base. He had been called for body reconstruction, A.K.A a transformation into a cyborg he thought.

As he entered the surgery room, he saw it had was full of DD-13 cybernetic surgical droids and only one human surgeon. My life is in the hands of droids, who are about as smart as gizka just great, he thought while he prepared for the surgery. the doctor then began to explain how his new body would function and the advantages of it.

The doctor told him how the only organic part inside his new body would be his mind, there by elimintating the need to breath or eat. His neural systems would be fused with the circuitry in the robotic body, allowing to use his robotic limbs just as well as he did with his current ones.

The body would be made as light as possible to not restrict his movment of speed, it would also be afixed with blast dampening material to the gloves, chest and arms.

It would also hold a heating mechanism that would alow him to walk on frozen worlds. The "eyes" of the body would also allow him to see in the infra-red region of the electromagnetic spectrum, along with his regular human sight.

And last but not least the hands of the body would hold magnents to simulate the force. the only down fall of the suit was thatit held no weapons inside, which would mean the person would have to hold there weapons, like a regular sentient, and that it was in no way stealthy.

Barrek laughed and said, I've been caring weapons on my own all my life. And as for stealth, well I prefer the direct approach. the doctor noded and removed his helemt and then applied a sedative. Barrrek soon lost blacked out and the droids began to work.

In Soviet Russia, God worship you!

As Talon and his droid are escorted, the Jedi Master makes a mental note of his surroundings. While he gives no sign of noticing, he senses several hidden troopers stationed along their route, waiting for the ”˜guest' to make any sudden moves. Aside from these snipers and guards, the short halls are also tightly patrolled by squads of grunts. Instead of revealing the danger sense tickling his spine, however, Talon kept his face emotionless, and instead focused on the route the troupe followed.

Finally the group filed into some sort of makeshift banquet hall. Sitting at the end of a long, white-cloth table in the center of the room sat Vladmir Faust himself. Magna guards lined the sides of the large room, looking forward with a steely gaze.

As instructed, Talon took a seat. However, it was customary for a Jedi to politely refuse any kind of offered food in such a situation, and so Talon did.

”œWhile the capture of the agent known as Slicer is a concern of the Jedi Order, it is not the concern to be addressed today. We both know that I am here on behalf of the Jedi Kirlocca, and unfortunately, I think we both know there is little that you will accept for his release. Drastic times, I believe, require drastic measures. Therefore, in addition to a substantial sum of credits, I am willing to make an exchange of prisoners. If you patch Kirlocca up and let him leave this planet unharmed, I will take his place.”

Character Sheet

There is a long, long silence as Faust considers Talon's offer. His hand drew back to his disruptor at the "drastic times" line, knowing that to be the usual cue for heroic, and ultimately futile melodramatic attempts at violence. If there is the faintest stirrings of surprise, Faust shows none of it. Kirlocca's willingness to throw his life away still weighed heavily in his mind.

So very much like a Jedi... Willing to throw away their lives for simple, stubborn principles...

The Hunter also knew of Talon's reputation. Faust had no fear of the Jedi, but if one of his value could be gained with little or no effort, so much the better. During that whole time, Faust stares back at the Jedi. Finally, his lips draw back to reveal yet another white smile.

"I accept your offer."

... do the unexepected to confound your enemies...

"Kirlocca is mostly stable," Faust continues, "and will be loaded onto your shuttle craft. If your droid returns to your ship and waits there, and please," he states wearily, "I know very well the reputation of the R2 series, so do not give me the 'harmless astromech droid' routine, I will show you him for your own evaluation of his health and fitness. During that time, you will also be checked for any 'surprises' you might have in store and you will be placed into our custody. Your fate, I'm afraid, will be decided by my employers who may have very different plans for you than your Wookie friend, but in recognition of your skills, I can extend your come courtisies during your stay here if they are not abused." He gives the Jedi time to think about this, then continues. "Kirlocca will be loaded into your shuttle with one stormtrooper, mostly for his own protection, as well as to deliver a message for your heirarchy. His destination is up to you, but if he should try anything foolish..." punctuating that statement, Faust crushes the glass in his hands, causing it to break and shatter, spilling blood red drops to the floor.

"I believe this is not unreasonable. You are a valuable commodity, master Jedi and dangerous one at that. Do we have an accord?"

The Jedi Master appeared unfazed by Faust's sudden display of anger. Instead, he quietly took a moment to review the terms. They were not unreasonable, and Talon's main concern was getting Kirlocca back with the Jedi and away from any Imperial or Sith controlled area. Talon's wookie friend was going through a rough time. His mind was”¦ ”˜fragile', to say the least.

”œYes. We have an accord. Kirlocca will be taken to the neutral location of Ilum, where he and his escort will be met by other members of my order. Your message can be delivered to them, and it will in turn be delivered to the Jedi Council. As long as there is no foul play, your stormtrooper will be allowed to return home safely. When I am confident that Kirlocca is in safe hands, I will willingly endure whatever fate awaits me.”

Character Sheet

Faust, still as calm as ever despite the violent punctuation to his last speech, listens to Talon's acceptance of terms. He gives one, small nod, and watches the R2 droid slowly trek out of the hall, under a minor escort, back to Talon's ship.

Without another word, the Jedi's host rises, makes a subtle hand motion to Talon's escort, reducing the number of guards on hand, but still making a reasonably safe entourage. If anything went wrong, Faust could deal with matters himself easily enough, but why risk damage to the base?

The erie procession marches on in near silence, save for the almost synchronized, rhythmic marching of the troopers boots, falling perfectly in line with the general's. There are two high security checkpoints passed, leading into an area of the base that the former garrison commander set up as being specially force immune, even without Faust's own tampering. Finally they reach a special cell marked as an infirmary for dangerous prisoners, especially those of force using talents.

Kirlocca's condition is marked by a steady, rhymthic pulse. Two guards stand watch, blasters set to stun, yet charged enough to bring down an angry Wookie in full rampage. The wounded Jedi is strapped into a medical table, shaved patches of fur showing where his wounds were stitched up after Faust cauterized them in an impromptu fashion, and an IV drips blood and fluids back into his body, as well as the steady supply of sedatives to keep him docile and under control. As an added, though maccobre sign, the Wookie's severed tongue floats in a jar of embalming fluid off the side of the sleeping Jedi.

The Hunter's tone is soft, though still chilling and without emotion. "For his own safety he should remain unconscious on the trip back. The worst of his wounds are self-inflicted, as I have mentioned, and until he believes he is back with friends, he may try to kill himself again." Firmly planting himself in the doorway, he continues. "If you wish to inspect your friend, go ahead, then we can make arrangements for his trip to Ilum and your stay here."

Achzet followed Faust to a room, but they were cut short due to a meeting. Achzet sensed his master. He was in need of help... almost desperate. Achzet ran to the nearest comm station. He picked it up and signaled it in on the garrison of stormtroopers.

"Get ready. We leave now!"

Achzet watched the men, through cameras, scuttle and shuffle their armor on. They ran to the hangar and into their ships. In total probably 200 or so. He sped into his personal ship. He set the coordinates for the wookiee homeworld of Kashyyyk. The ships flew out of the hangar and into the reaches of space heading for the forest planet.

GearsSig3.jpg

Talon almost flinched at the sight of his Wookiee companion. There were large, shaved sections of fur interspersing his body, a network of scars interlacing his flesh like a jigsaw puzzle, and the tongue in a jar at his bedside indicated he had been to ”˜cheeky' with his captors. However, the steady, rhythmic beeping showed Talon that his friend was at least stable.

Hold on just a little longer, my friend”¦

Under normal circumstances, Talon would need only too reach out into the Force to inspect the severity of his friend's wounds. However, Faust had led the procession into a section of the base that was apparently separated from the energy field. While this would be a shock to many Jedi, who had on a whole become too dependent on the Force, this came only as a mild surprise to the Jedi Master. There had been a time when he could not remember how to use the Force, and he had gotten along quite fine then. Things would simply be a little more arduous. At any rate, an ample supply of ysalamiri was all that was needed to create the sort of environment they had entered, and the Empire was notorious for its over-harvesting of the rare creature. The Jedi Master surmised that this was the case here.

Regardless, Talon could not access the Force, and so, as allowed by the hunter, Talon stepped forward to inspect the Wookiee's body. Despite his segregation from the Force, the Jedi was surprisingly deft at analyzing the damage done. While he had little to no actual medical training, especially without the Force, Talon had been in enough battles to know if a wound was crippling or life-threatening. And while some of Kirlocca's wounds were especially severe, none would necessarily kill him.

Satisfied, Talon turned back towards Faust. ”œHis condition is good enough.”

Character Sheet