Nar Shaddaa

BLCKCLONE

Surprise and curiosity rippled from Tobias in the Force. No, he was sure he was mishearing things- unless- and the thought crossed his mind- the Imperials were inviting the two for a meeting, not to join them. But there were other red as well from the neighborhood, hope. That battered the other thought like a wave and they crashed and settled his mind on that they were here just for a meeting. He remembered saying they were Supposed to start a small negotiation for a partnership but that was when he was on the council. He hoped he would explain to Raven quickly, but...

He did turn his head to look at Adenna- her mouth moving but Tobias wasn’t really hearing her as she spoke to the guards. He thought one thing and Adenna was thinking the other. What could the Knights have meant then? Without breaking the speed he was looking and turned his eyes to the surroundings. Adenna would notice but she wasn’t looking right at him.

She would notice, and he knew they weren’t on the same page. Best to just roll with this for now..his hand did flex on his staff, but the asscessory just rotated on the round bottom from the top. This would give him a chance to look everything over again where the Wookiee died. He would go with this until he spoke with Adenna in private. If other things didn’t get in the way first.

Imperial Justice was swift and focused. Though the Knights that represented that fair justice were representative of a Facist, authoritarian government, they still carried the pure unadulterated justice of the Light. The clenched right fist of justice who had drawn a sword after the scales had faltered in the face of darkness. Justice, that heavenly figure had historically been shown as blind, weighing the odds and evidence as a neutral third party. But that was the ineffective Justice of Democracy, hindered and fruitless.

These were the Knights of the Imperial Remnant, and they would find their justice, no matter the cost. The three silver blades spun and whirled through the dark night sky, casting harsh shadows and bright highlights as they danced together, intercepting and returning blaster bolts like professional shockball players. The power of the force stirred in them as they lept into action against the slavers. Carving them like a bored Impasto painter would slather paint upon a canvas. Broad strokes, painting in hues of silver and crimson.

The Trio of knights dispatched the crew of slavers with brutal and ruthless efficiency. They had given up their life, their soul, and their chance of redemption upon selling another living being and were given no quarter. There was no joy or lust in the fight, no dark, just pure Justice.

When the fighting ceased they turned to their fellow combatant. Their brow’s inquisitive.

“This place is no refuge for a child, we will not press you into service But simply ask that you accompany us in this task at hand, for your own safety.”

Before them, Chalcedon kicked open a door and lifted his sabre to illuminate a hundred pairs of eyes behind caged bars. He hissed mournfully. “We are here to rescue you.” He called out to the fearful eyes. “The Remnant does not abide slavery in any form.” He struck the lock with his sabre and the bars fell away. “Be free now from your burdens.”

eLR4nwh.png

On the upper levels, Moff Hohenlohe bowed deeply to the two Jedi Masters. Flanked on all sides by powerful Knights in Red and black armour. He extended a hand in welcome and smiled ear to ear.

“I have heard many stories of the two of you, but mostly of you Adenna and your exploits on Thallassia. You have done more for this galaxy in fighting the scourge of slavery than many Jedi before you. You Both trained Knight Sarna who defeated a Sith Lord in the midst of our defeat of the Hutt Cartels on Nal Hutta. Both of your reputations and deeds proceed you. On the Empress’s orders we have begun an initiative of eradication of slavers and their practise, and though we that use the force are few in the Remnant’s service we had hoped that you would be willing to assist us or join us in our upcoming Crusade.”

He dove straight into business as only a Moff could. “As you know, Kashyyyk has fallen and its populace enslaved. It is our objective to strike quickly and swiftly to end this, free the planet and rescue the slaves that have already been taken.”

z2DsmIY.png

Raven_3_Sig.png.fa6e284bec4ff42ba02901e8567b2f87.png

Pretender to the Galactic Throne

Leader of the Rebel Alliance

Adenna kept her face and her Force presence as tightly concealed as possible, keeping the neutral appearance that helped her so well when dealing with the various politicians on Thalassia. They did indeed do their homework, though that wasn't hard for a group as large as the Empire. Bringing up an anti-slavery campaign was interesting, but she wasn't sure if it was genuine or simply a ploy to hook her into the Empire using what they knew she would want to hear. "I do applaud any efforts to bring justice to slavers," she said diplomatically. "While I do not speak for Master Vos, I for one would be willing to hear more about your campaigns, though I will admit to reservations about the Empire. My experiences with the Empire have not been endearing, and the Empire itself has historically been far more apt to create and use slaves rather than liberate them."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Vos nodded greetings for the pair and introduced themselves to the Moff, shaking his hand. As he and Adenna stepped forward to follow the Moff- he waited until the name of the man who greeted them came to his mind and merely recited it. A common Force Technique. There was no influencing or anything like that- just his name. Making sure to step with his cane, he kept pace with every one of the entourage. Tobias wanted to feel out the situation a little bit. He did let pride and joy flow into his aura at the mention of Sandy. it wasn't pride in his dealings- more Adenna's. He was just a guiding hand in the last month or so of training. Adenna had done well, and he hoped she was happy with this news as well.

"I would also echo Jedi Alluyen's approval. While we do have reservations- we all had redemption stories. Empress Zinthos seems to be a champion of change. It would be... interesting to see how the wookiees receive liberation with the Empire at their side. I will request permission from the Council to assist your crusade, after the usual diplomatic banter. I am sure they would approve us assisting the Kashyyyk Campaign. What more can you tell us? How soon is this little operation going to start, Moff Hohenlohe?" The tone of his voice was neutral but a hint of skepticism was touched on the mention of permission from the council. Almost as if he doubted they would let his crew and Adenna go to Kashyyyk.

What would Kirlocca think about that? Tobias thought- but knew he couldn't think of the situation like that.

Moff Hohenlohe nodded his silver head understandingly. His soft blue eyes almost appeared watery as he spoke, a sign of looking into the distant past with much regret. He left his emotions raw, and available to be explored should the Jedi desire it.

“I understand and encourage your concerns, if there is anything as damning in predicting the future, it is the past. Our people, our Empire have much to atone for, and though many of us are not the men that did the atrocities that you speak of, our Remnant is still related. I myself served under Dagon who also despised slavery. If there is anything I have learned, it is that we need a check. A knife to our backs to keep us honest until we can learn to walk upright on our own.”

He gestured behind him to the fair array of red armoured knights, led by their green armoured commander.

“That is why we need you Jedi, and the Knights. As our failsafe. We had requested Jedi to join us on our worlds, and though it was agreed to by the Last Grandmaster, the current one has not followed through and seems to judge us to have done wrong by invading the stronghold of crime and slavery. Your history shows you righteous and upright in the face of evil, so we will trust your advice and service should you grant it.”

He turned to Kyrie and then back to Vos.

“And should you wish to join us, the campaign would begin within the week, we are waiting for the rest of the fleet to join us here. We will not invade to conquer but to liberate and leave. Not to stay.”

z2DsmIY.png

A troubled expression appeared just for a split second on Tobias's face. There were several things about the new Grandmaster that ruffled his feathers, but he still deserved respect. All things did have their breaking point though. As a calming breath escaped Vos's lungs, he glanced at Adenna and then Kyrie. She had taught him something important- and in so doing, he had spoken with Kirlocca. His right hand twisted the top of his cane, he knew it was no mistake he was here. Returning to look up at the Moff. So many things he could say, but nothing held traction...

Apologize for the Grandmaster on failing to uphold Kirlocca's intentions? There was something satisfying that Darex was leading the Jedi to a role like the Baran Do. Secluded- it would show a lack of willpower to remain relevant in the changing dynamic of the galaxy.

Point out that Jedi and Knights were capable of falling to the Dark Side? That wouldn't reassure the Moff.

Attack the Moff's character for being too weak to do the right thing, even it if was harder? No, that wouldn't do anyone any good and would make Tobias out to be the jerk.

He let it all out with that breath, they were on the right path. Tobias decided to settle on being hopeful for the Imperials. The Moff didn't strike him as a 'love 'em and leave 'em' kind of guy- but now was not the time for that joke.

"There are several differences in leadership the Jedi had endured recently. But at the heart of the Order still lies good intentions. I know a few others that would be quite willing to return to Kashyyyk, I will make the request for assistance with the Order later. In the meantime- what did you have in mind? Discussions or planning?" Vos left the question hang, shrugging and giving Adenna a chance to chime in, should she want to.

In an odd way, the Moff's words did make a lot of sense and help alleviate a small number of Adenna's concerns. She understood that, sometimes, a small threat of force was needed to get people started on the right path. It couldn't last forever, and if it was needed long term, then things would never work. After all, that was what police forces and even the Jedi were for.

"Have the Wookiees not asked for GA assistance, or did they come directly to the Empire?" she asked. It would be a sure sign of sad times if the proud Wookiees had only the Empire to turn to. "And, what do you envision our roles in this campaign being?" She was far more versed in small unit tactics and maybe cleaning up pirates nests, not full planetary invasions and battles.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Summoned by the words of the female Jedi Master, one of the Imperial Knights stepped forward out of rank. The Knight was nearly eight feet in height and the fur that swept down from his face and chin fell in braided cascades on his glistening red armour. Knight Rödelheim read his nameplate, though he had been known at the Tython academy as Ror Proudclaw, and the duel white streaks that ran down from his eyes in his dark fur marked him as member of the Proudclaw line. Lesser nobles in the Wroshyr assembly.

The translator droid chirped in a high coruscanti accent that was classic of Imperial Technology.

“Those that survived of the government who are offworld have declared themselves a government-in-exile and have been appealing for aid from anyone like the Tapani Freeworlds, the Galactic Alliance, and the Trade Federation. We are their last choice of course, but likely the only that will answer the call of a desperate and enslaved people.”

He stepped back into formation and stood as still as a statue, though emotions faintly played behind his eyes. Hohenlohe nodded his thanks to the Wookiee knight and looked back at the pair of Jedi Masters. “We in the Remnant have enough military experience in taking stations or planets, but on the Golan set up by the Black Sun requires the more subtle gift of the Jedi. We need you to infiltrate the station alongside our knights and disable the slave collar control unit, and keep the trading records at the central computer in tact. The imperial fleet would then enter and help secure the planet until the Wookiee government can be reestablished. We can of course do this with the Imperial Knights alone but would like to have you both as both as your reputation precedes you.”

He didn’t have to say that if they were unsuccessful in securing both sites, countless slaves could die and families sold apart from one another would likely never find each other again.

z2DsmIY.png

Eyeing the wookiee, Tobias tried to place him. He had seen him on Tython- and was one of the recruits to the Imperial Knights that he had mentioned had left the Jedi Order to the Imperial Knights. Tobias had tried to make a bridge between the two groups, but with his removal from the council had put a halt to those talks. As well as the Interdictor Cruiser he was trying to fund. A thought struck him- he had transferred Thirty-six million credits of the typical fifty million it cost for the cruisers construction. He winced inwardly, and his mind spun. He forgot to cancel that particular order. Uh oh.

"When I met with Empress Zinthos, I tried to get a Interdictor cruiser funded. I know I transferred the money to an account Raven knew about- but I haven't checked it in a long time... Either way, I have a few ideas for getting onto the Golan platform- " Visibly wincing, he looked backed to Knight Rödelheim, he sighed in a very resigned tone, then continued. "- a couple of them. But we have time to brainstorm. Did you all have a plan and we are to augment it? Or would you like help with coming up with a plan- I have ideas for both. I assume you have a briefing room? At the very least, Jedi Alluyen and I can provide some fresh eyes as we await word from the council on how big a role they want us to play. Did that cruiser get built? Or do you have any gravity-well capable ship? Ah, let's save that- let's get to business."

Vos waved his questions away with his left hand, his right still on his cane. Bracing himself, he made his way forward- prompting the whole group to move into the temple, and to the briefing room. Excusing himself for just a moment, he did send that message to the council. Then he returned to the briefing room along- there was Adenna, the Moff, Kyrie in her green armor, Rödelheim too, and several others. When he walked in his eyes met Adenna's and he nodded, signalling the message was sent. His green eyes scanned the room for wherever the caf was.

Adenna wasn't entirely convinced, but destroying Sith and Black Sun slavers did sound like a worthy cause. She would go along with this for the moment, but would keep her eyes open. Infiltration wasn't her strongest point, but she knew how to play the part if needed. There had been times when she was young that she had to play the subservient slave, and times when she was older where she was the arrogant aristocrat or bureaucrat. She could be stealthy or brutally destructive, though against slavers, she preferred to kill everyone involved.

"What roll do you envision us playing?" she asked. "And what is our cover for infiltrating the station going to be?"

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Damnation

Pressing forward, I lept forward to slay another, not thinking, but rather acting on instinct. It was as if something else held a handle upon the wheel of my actions. I could not explain what it was I felt, only that it had taken hold of me completely and aided in my desire. I could feel the last thought of my enemies as the fell to my blade, and it sorrowed my heart, not because they feared nor hated me, but because it had come to my life over their own. They felt themselves right, where I stood wrong. Yet, in my eyes, I was right and they were wrong, merely because they had fired upon me first. Such was always the viewpoints of individuals. And yet, I could feel those slain by those I had aligned myself with this night, only that fear and disgusted rested in their final moments before pain overtook them and they quickly fell from my thoughts. Finally the four of us stopped before a large door, one of the red cladded Jedi turning toward me.

“This place is no refuge for a child, we will not press you into service But simply ask that you accompany us in this task at hand, for your own safety.”

Turning my gaze toward the door as I looked inside, the workings of trafficking and slavery nearly taking my breath away as I viewed hundreds of beings locked within cages. And for a moment, my blood boiled and I wished I could raise the dead that surrounded us just so that I could strike them down again. But in that moment, weakness took hold of my form and I almost collapsed from sheer exhaustion. Down on one knee, my polearm the only thing keeping me from falling upon the durasteel flooring we now stood upon, I looked back up at the Jedi as the spoke toward the slaves. "The Remnant?' I questioned momentarily as the darkness took hold of my thoughts and my mind fell blank, just as my form did upon the floor where I knelt. Great... I just had to pass out.

Salvation

wGuSavf.png

Hohenlohe nodded his chin slightly as he retrieved a datapad from his back pocket. “THe interdictor is scheduled to complete in a month Master Vos. It was delayed due to pressing military needs, though I believe it should be on schedule. For the moment we have the ISD II Agamemnon available for use which will be the second strike of the hammer against the Black Sun should needs require. It and the Lancer frigate Benedictus will be our staging points for this raid.” He turned his tired looking face upon the female Jedi Master. “The cover suggested was prospective buyers for the Lianstrom League, a piracy unit recently based near Carida until their fate at the hands of the Imperial Fleet. Their defeat has not been published and we recovered many uniforms, we would enter in the Lancer Frigate renamed to the Bloodfin and dock. From there we would have enough men and equipment to take the place by storm if needed.”

Her rubbed a hand across his chin, “We had planned for you to take part in securing the slaving compartments, it would be a violent encounter no doubt, but we know that you are both very skilled at such things….”

z2DsmIY.png

Chalcedon strode forward with swift and heavy steps to catch the girl in his red armoured arms before scooping her up and cradling her between his chest and the phrik kite shield he held in his left arm. No chance of a stray blast bolt ending the life of that poor girl yet.

Two hours later, they had arrived at the Academy and the medical corps came out to give her a checkup. Chalcedon’s voice was soft as he spoke.

“Child you are safe now, but you are not a captive and may leave whenever you want. The Remnant will not hold children hostage for the powers they possess. This will always be a safe place for you should you wish it, and the Knights of the Imperial Remnant are always willing to take you under wing.”

eLR4nwh.png

Darkness within

I stood within a darkened realm, pitch black as far as the eye could see, both forward and back, up and down, surrounded by it. Yet I stood, able to see my full form almost as a beacon of light amidst the darkened existence. Ripples splashed beneath my feet as I stepped forward, my voice echoing through-out as I questioned "Hello?", yet not an answer back was given. What was this place? Where was I? Questions filled my mind. "Hello?" I questioned again, this time louder as I took another step forward. Still there was no answer.

Yet something appeared before me, at first a red swirl of light similar to a comet with a tail that followed and dissipated as it traveled toward me. And then a blue swirl of light joined it, as the two intertwined within a dance of beautiful proportions. But as they grew closer, molten drops of what seemed to be fire and metal dripped from their forms anytime they came into contact with each other, until they sat opposite me, floating before me, side by side. They acted intelligent, sentient even, as they hovered in front of me.

Choices

"I am Light." Spoke the glowing blue orb as it dangled, as if floating in the emptiness of space it's self, it's tone soft and humble. "I am compassion, learning, complacency, and peace my child."

"And I am Dark." Spoke the glowing red orb as it dangled, it's form almost swelling with pride and glowing brighter, it's tone seductive, yet boastful. "I am power, means, opportunity, and action little one."

"Which of us will you choose to follow?" The two questioned in unison, echoing of a shared mind.

"What do you mean?" I questioned back inquisitively, my gaze looking upon both forms as they hovered before me, bobbing like a pair of corks upon a vast ocean of nothingness. "What are you exactly?"

"We are life, and death. We are the beginning and the end. We are all and nothing. We are everyone and we are you." The blue orb once again spoke alone, swirling circular as it did. "We are two halves of a whole, existing from the first dawn until the last dusk, a part of everything and absent of nothing. The Jedi and Sith have long called us The Force, Ashla and Bogan by the Je'daii before them, but to put it simply, we are what you wish us to be yet what we are." The red orb retorted.

"But what do you mean by which of you do I wish to follow?" I questioned once again, confused by what they have asked me. The Jedi had taught me that everyone was inevitably good, lured to the Darkness by desire and greed, so why are these two orbs asking my choice? "I thought that letting go of the light was the only way to fall to the Dark...."

"Jedi Ignorance" Spoke the red orb, glowing brighter in anger. "Such fools to think that I am to be shunned simply because I exist."

"What we mean to say is that most beings choose one of us early on in life, depending on the course of their lives and where their hearts lead them." Spoke the blue orb, it's light never changing as it spoke. "You however, have never chosen. Through your entire life until now, you have been a part of us both, your heart as blank as the day we granted you the ability to chose, despite your growth."

"Is this a bad thing?" I asked, my gaze shifting between the two orbs. "Do I have to chose?"

"No. It is not a bad thing. Unusual, but not bad." chuckled the blue orb, the first sign of it's light growing, if only briefly despite the consistency of the red orb's growth when reacting. "Curious. Why do you ask if you have to chose?" Questioned the red orb.

"Can I not choose you both equally?" I questioned yet again, perplexed by their questions and answers, my knowledge of the Je'daii being capable of using both to balance themselves in the Force. "The Je'daii once did. Is it no longer possible?"

"It is possible, though..." Spoke the blue orb once again, with the red orb quickly following in suit. "You will never be able to Master neither side nor grow strong."

"Then so be it. It's not strength nor Mastery I wish to obtain." I replied, hesitant at first but strong in my convictions. "I only wish to find the understanding and balance within myself."

"So be it." The two orbs spoke in unison once more before they began to swirl around and around in a circular motion, a blue and red haze forming before my eyes before a bright light overcame my gaze and as I uncovered my eyes, a reflection of myself stood before me, only this being glowed as the orbs did. Yet instead of red and blue, it's color was silver with a hint of a blue hue. Once again, the two voice spoke in unison. "Awaken child, for you have chosen."

Light Beyond

As I awoke, I looked around in slight fear. I quickly recognized the medical corps from my days at the Jedi Temple at Tython, yet recognize them to be different. I went to arise and run, yet my body was weak and ached in places I had never known could ache. And that's when I heard the voice from before, yet softer this time, realizing it was the Jedi from before. Yet, he called himself something different, a title I had yet to hear before this day. "The Remnant? Knights of the Imperial Remnant? You're not Jedi?"

Meanwhile, unnoticed by me, my Kyber Crystal began to change.

wGuSavf.png

Vos took an appreciative nod, they had delayed the cruiser, which was good. The old plan had been flushed out the airlock. Leaning back in his chair- his hands on his cane between his legs- Tobias let his eyes drift off and try to analyze the plan. It wouldn’t work. It could- but it wouldn’t. Golan Platforms were weapons platforms- a SD2 and a Frigate. The Moff finished, point out yet again, they were very good at killing.

Vos exhaled in a puff. Sitting up now his chair straightened, setting his cane pinched between the chair seat and armrest; he fished a datapad out and while humming flicked a few screens made a few selections. Murmuring an approval to himself- he tossed an emitter onto the table.

“While Leagues’ fate hasn’t been announced- there will be ripples in the slave market. And somebody always knows somebody. Even if no official source has said as much- chances are they will know one of their… rival gangs has disappeared. It’s good base of a plan. But, that cannot be the only entry point. We have to have two or three groups. Group one should be the face of the operation charged with getting a friendly face inside with the Black Sun people. One of the next groups could be deployed outside the station on approach and be tasked with taking out critical points on the exterior- or find a maintenance shaft into the station. The last group could deploy from within the ship we send in with the friendly faces- a skilled lightsaber wielder to cut through the deck- you make a bevel so the piece you cut doesn’t fall through. Heck, with the Knights and Jedi you could have a couple squads a running around inside taking key positions- and if all goes well- we might have a chance to disable the weapons systems before either the Lancer or the Agamemnon were put into harm’s way.”

Vos cleared his throat, trying to buy some time before he dropped this part of the scheme. Then, after a moment to prepare himself- he spoke again. He knew Adenna was wary of this mission, well the Imperials, but he had to do this- if there was any chance he could help free slaves- he would do the best he could regardless of who was doing it. He was becoming involved in their plans and tying himself to their goals. “Whomever goes aboard is going to have to think on their feet and not be a known element, someone made up…” He snapped his fingers and the emitter put forth a hologram of a hard faced woman with red hair, and features you would find in a holodrama. “… and someone who can act the part. My…. associate… Sarah. She’d go along with this. We have a few Jedi coming to meet up here on Nar Shaddaa. With them, and the Imperial Knights- we could quickly infest the station with our people.”

Shifting his shoulders as if shrugging off an uncomfortable pack- “But what happens if they blow up the station when they see they have no hope of repelling boarders? We’d lose everyone on that platform as well as the records of the slaves. We have to make the command center and whatever control hubs they have a top priority, so we will need several different teams. Otherwise- they might blow it up out of sheer spite.”

It was clear Vos was uncomfortable with the idea that the very ground he’d be on could be obliterated in a moment- taking him away from his love, and his duty. He’d even argue for Adenna to stay on Nar Shaddaa, but that would just be a waste of time. They needed to be in there. Motioning for suggestions or remarks to his plan, Tobias leaned back in his seat again- waiting for a counter argument.

As if on queue Tobias's comm tittered Tut and Chal'lar had arrived. Relaying the information that two Jedi Masters had come to their hosts took only a second and it was back to business.

"It's a shame the new Grandmaster took all my ships and most of my resources away. I was trying to get the Jedi ready for these fights." His gaze drifted. Green eyes focused off in the distance. "What is the planet-side situation like? Any weapons that could take out that platform?"

Adenna watched and listened to the presentations. It was a similar quandary as to what she faced on Thalassia. The idea of tracking sales records was initially attempted so that it might be possible to find and recover slaves, but that ended in disaster. Extractions were much more risky and many officers and soldiers were lost, and the data was more often than not useless or destroyed in the attempt. Further, even knowing where slaves were offered little actual benefit in recovering them as the beings who held slaves were unlikely to return them simply because someone else asked for them. It was a cold, hard fact, but Thalassia quickly learned to rely less on those operations and more on simply stopping the evil and saving what could be saved.

"Why do we need to recover the central computer at all?" she asked. "The risk is high and would likely result in failure or high loss of life and loss of the data anyway. As Master Vos said, the station crew, or at the least, their commanders, were likely to destroy any data or even self destruct the entire station just to spite us and take as many of us down with them as possible. These aren't cowardly, self serving, self interested pirates who can be bargained with to surrender for their lives. These are Sith and Black Sun fanatics who know they have no chance of survival if they lose the station and escape back to their unforgiving masters. They also know that if they surrender, even if they are spared by your forces, Black Sun or the Sith would make their families suffer in response. These men won't surrender, they will sabotage our efforts."

She pointed over at the images of the infiltration force concept. "Master Vos is correct in that pirate gangs know when their rivals are out of touch. On Thalassia, we initially tried infiltrating using previously knocked out pirate groups. We had a success, but many failures before we realized it was not worth it. If we had more time, months perhaps, we could establish a front group or better infiltrate existing groups. That is far more likely to succeed, but we do not have that time.

"As harsh as it may seem, I recommend simply bombarding the station with ion cannons to disable the slave collars. Perhaps an ion bomb smuggled in would also suffice, but is riskier. Cut losses and play it safe: better to slag the collar unit and take the chance that records at the central computer might not be recoverable than to risk losing the entire team and all chances of recovering data. In brutal honesty, POW's would likely prove more useful than the data as the men there would know more where the slaves were sent out. Plus, there would possibly be datacards or other independent data sources detailing shipping manifests or docking logs. Data isn't simply stored in one place and we may have to get creative in finding it, but even that data is of fairly little value. Slaver holders won't lightly turn over slaves already purchased even if we find them. If we try to make a plan too complicated, it is more likely to fail and we will lose everything rather than a safer bet to save the larger number of Wookiees and soldiers."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Hohenlohe’s eyebrows knitted together like tightly bundled grey Kirathian silk. He rubbed his chin again and slowly nodded.

“Then we will equip a series of J-983 Javelins with high yield Ion bombs and keep them within micro jump distance along with the Star Destroyer. Would you suggest an all out assault instead? Hit them with everything, Ion the shite out of them then board and clean up the mess? A precision Ion strike against the central stack should eliminate the central computer and the chance of a self destruct with it. And to answer your question Master Vos, there are no ground based weapons platforms that we know of.”

It concerned him, but he saw the Jedi’s points. There were a lot of lives in balance that were not worth the risk. It did lack finesse, but that was ok. Old imperial methods of low and board still had their merits.

z2DsmIY.png

Chalcedon laughed, his face wrinkling into a wide smile of mirth. He pointed to the emblem that was clearly plastered on his shield, helm, and pauldrons. His smile carried only kindness and mirth. There was no mocking tone in his fair voice when he soke.

“Once jedi, now we serve a different path. The remnant, it empress, and the path of light to seek and destroy the darkness that haunts every step taken in this once fair galaxy.”

His eyes squinted as if he was seeing through her to the walls behind.

“What ails you child?”

eLR4nwh.png

Physically, all Vos did was allow a smile as he laced his fingers together and brought them to his chin. Mentally, he let appreciation, respect, and a hint of sappy love into his Force Aura. He had seen so many people from different walks of life- alot wouldn't take lightly to a woman micromanaging or twisting a battle plan and the Moff took it quite well. The Knights in the room would notice his aura- but it was only the other Jedi in the room he was remotely concerned with. She was brilliant as she was beautiful, ferocious as she was cunning. Most importantly, she was right: any survivors of the battle would, most likely, report out what they had done in favor of lenience against their fate.

"With the Star Destroyer there we should be ready for ships they try to bring in to counter us on the platform. Now, we just have to face with what we will encounter on the platform. Hopefully, once they realize the platform is ioned out they don't just start shooting the slaves they have aboard. In light of that, I maybe overthinking now, but is there a way we could board from multiple points? Craft designed to cut through a hull and seal the area around the entry point? No matter what we do- we should be prepared for the artificial gravity and life support to be offline. Unlikely, but a possibility." He shrugged, indicating he was done chiming in. He was ready to go- now.

Vos scratched his scruffy chin, but otherwise sat patiently. He wasn't expecting word from the council. A sign that was both good and bad. Good that his gang could help the Knights with this, bad that it might bring repercussions later- for all of them. Idly he knew this would be the part, if this were a holodrama, where there would be some serious tone of

No... his
was appropriate, sort of, just so long as there were more developments coming along in the battle plan.

Ignorance

I felt slightly more at ease once the man smiled at me, his attentiveness calming me as I began to sit completely up. In truth, I kinda smiled myself, noticing rather quickly that even here, upon the Smuggler's Moon, my feet never quite reached the floor when I sat upon an examination table. I guess that was one of the downsides of being so small. Turning my gaze toward the Knight, I questioned. "What is this Remnant that you speak of? Forgive my ignorance, but I've never heard of it. Are you a splinter cell of the Order?"

“Once jedi, now we serve a different path. The remnant, it's empress, and the path of light to seek and destroy the darkness that haunts every step taken in this once fair galaxy.”

These words ran through my head as I asked those questions. Subconsciously I pondered. Were they Fallen? Or did their views differ from the Order's like in cases such as Revanchist? Outwardly I looked upon the emblems he had pointed to, as they obviously resembled that of the Imperialists, but the Empire had long been defeated and disbanded according to the Masters at Tython. Were the Masters incorrect, or did they hide this fact from us because some of the Order had left and started this Remnant the man mentioned, or was I simply confusing myself even more. I sighed.

Intuition

"Oh. Forgive me." I spoke, my gaze once again turning toward my lower limbs still dangling from the table I sat upon. "I'm perfectly fine. I don't quite understand all of this, nor what happened to me during the battle earlier..." I sighed once again, this time slightly frustrated as I jumped down from my perch and both legs landed, still slightly wobbly, though I managed to hold myself up as I caught my bearings. "Forgive my manners. I am Pandora. Thank you for your rescue earlier. I've been running from the Jedi Order for quite sometime now, and when I noticed your presence, it frightened me."

wGuSavf.png

Adenna nodded. "It is entirely possible they will begin killing slaves on the station once the attack begins. There is honestly nothing we can do about that but secure the station as quickly as possible. They would do that no matter how we took the station barring a very, very fortunate successful infiltration which is far more likely to fail than succeed. Shock and awe is something the Empire does well, so let us utilize it. Speed will save more lives than just about anything, so we must launch the attack as quickly as possible and hope that the Wookiees are able to either revolt or escape before too much harm is done."

She sighed, knowing the long history of horrible atrocities that evil had performed in the Galaxy's history. "We must also steel ourselves for the possibility that the Sith will unleash some sort of doomsday weapon that will kill large portions of the planet's population. When resisting an evil that doesn't value life, it is always a threat. If they do such, we must take whatever small solace knowing that the Wookiees died quickly while still remembering their proud heritage and not as a broken, worn people with backs bent by slavery. I have seen more than one slaver group exterminate their slaves rather than allow them to be freed, and I would not put it beyond the Sith to destroy Kashyyyk and attempt to blame it on us.

"With that said, I am ready to fight whenever everyone else is."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Another tone in his ear alerted Tobias that Tom had entered the system as well. All that were missing were DuVos and Sarah, but they were accounted for elsewhere. The plan they had at this moment did not call for them to do anything- nor would it require their presence. They could be kept a secret from the opposing side for now, for use at a later point in time.

"With that, I move that we venture out to Kashyyyk. Ion the platform and land a boarding party to take control of the systems and liberate the slaves. We should still prepare for life support and artificial gravity to short out. If the platform should waver in its orbit, and the ships can't hold it in place with their own tractor beams- we should be ready to leave immediately. I would leave my ship here if possible, that way we can just board the frigate in the initial landing party. I also have three of my cohorts in orbit that would be useful- they could just rendezvous with us in space if there is room for their ships?"

Tobias shrugged, leaving the option open for the Moff to direct them as he needed. The Jedi Master was ready to go- eager to get this going- and he knew Adenna felt the same way. The Jedi were ready.

Kyrie brushed her nail-bitten fingers through her hair as she reviewed the plans passed to her by Moff Hohenlohe as they were livestreamed to her arm-mounted datacom. There was always flaws, but she would not be an example of typical Jedi incompetence. The failure to act in the face of Sith atrocity would be paramount to condoning the death of innocents. She was a revanchist now, and she was called to act. A drip of sadness passed through her soul, carrying with it the icy fear of death. She breathed in a gasp of sickening air, sweet with ozone as a gust of wind passed through the alleyway in which she stood.

She nudged the body at her feet, observing the pattern her lightsaber had carved as it had passed through the broken Devorian. He had been in the process of mugging a young couple when she had cut him down. The Empire had to act in the name of the law. A ghastly growl permeated her headphones, cutting through the comms chatter of the special forces that were patrolling the red zone

...Our people are dying. Sith atrocities pile up as the galaxy waits.

She could feel its beastly pressure on her mind, a soul driven insane by the storm of darkness that was consuming a primeval world. Kyrie winced as she expelled the spirit from her mind.

Another Sith trap. But one we cannot ignore.

She shook her head, long braids of ebony hair bouncing around her pale neck as she activated her complink.

“Hohenlohe, tell the Jedi they have my full support, and will join them if they desire it.”

To her Commandoes, she issued a recall order. The war for Nar Shaddaa would still be there when they returned.

kyrie.png.529a6b96a133828163a998c9b43e5d11.png

Given the roundabout way Darex had received the message, it was no surprise that there was a delay in the response arriving, but finally, Tobias' comm pinged with an incoming audio message, highly encrypted.

"Master Vos, thank you for your update. I'm glad to hear you successfully retrieved the holocron. As far as assisting the Imperial Knights against the slavers, I advise caution, but you are free to participate if you choose. However, I remind you that as Jedi, it is our duty to see beyond surface appearances and get at the heart of the issue. I know Knight Alluyen has had difficult personal experiences with slavers in the past. If she feels she cannot act without anger or revenge coloring her actions, it's best for you two to provide support only. I trust you both to act like true Jedi, especially since the Imperials will be watching." His tone was not cold or stern, showing only mild concern. "As far as Kashyyyk is concerned, by all means do what you can to help the Wookiees. I'm sending several ships from the fleet to Kashyyyk to join you. Let me know if you need access to more resources."

Attached to the message were details about the three vessels that would be arriving at Kashyyyk, to be placed under Vos' and Alluyen's command.

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

The Imperial Fleet, consisting of the Ascalon, Benedictus , and the Agamemnon, led by the Imperial Knights along with their Jedi allies dashed off into hyperspace towards the distant world of Kashyyyk. The Moff went with them, along with the majority of the knights, Kyrie, and the Jedi Order.

“A pleasure to meet you miss Pandora!” Chalcedon smiled as he posited himself on a marble bench across from her. “Fear is a part of life, and something that every man or woman faces, you must not, however let it control you, otherwise, that is the path to darkness. That’s when it consumes the rest of your being, until you are purely a beacon of fear, fragile as a Wollanish crystal, ready to be shattered by the slightest breeze. If you are to grow strong, you must reject the fear, turn and face it and tell it to its face that it must be gone from your life.” He rubbed his hand across his chin, and looked her directly in the eye. “So what drove you away from the Jedi order?”

eLR4nwh.png

Enlightenment

"In truth, Sir Knight," I began, my tone echoing of the sadness and despair I felt within my heart. "The Jedi Order has been the only home I've ever known. I was left there as a child, unwanted and discarded by whomever left me there. And as I grew, they were the only family I knew and cherished, outside of my studies. And I'm guessing that was where the rift began to form." A singular tear streams down my face after having formed in my cold blue eyes, forcing me to gaze down upon the floor in embarrassment. "Because during my Initiate Trails at Ilum, the moment they noticed my Kyber Crystal take it's current form, they suddenly wanted to cut off the one thing that I cherished above all else; The Force and my beliefs in it."

I removed the Kyber Crystal from my pouch and brought it forth and shown it to the Knight. "Only in my presence, does it glow this barely visible shade of silver like blue. And that is why they wanted to cut me off from the Force."

Illumination

Looking down upon the floor, I noticed my shadow just lingering there, and it made me remember my studies of Tython and it's ancient Order, the Je'daii. Looking up toward the lighting above me that illuminated me and produced my shadow, I spoke once again. "It's not that I live in fear of the Jedi Order, only in confusion as to why they wanted to cut me off from the Force. Perhaps I delved too deep into my studies of Tython and it's ancient Order, the Je'daii. Perhaps they feared I would fall because I believed in balance of the Force in one's self rather than in the Force it's self." Moving my hand about, once again gazing at my shadow upon the floor, I spoke again. " It's like my shadow upon this floor. it is the darkness of my form illuminated by the light above, yet it stays there. It doesn't attack, nor does it corrupt, only stays apart of me, bound by it's connection to me by the light above me."

Turning back to the Knight, my tears having now dried upon my face only to be replaced by a smile after having talked about the truth within my heart, I chuckled. "Perhaps you don't agree with me either, but in truth, I believe like the Je'daii before me, I will find the Balance of Light and Dark within myself, and thus, Balance within the Force that flows through me."

wGuSavf.png

• 2 weeks later...

The imperial knight was slightly taken aback. Well more than slightly, he was outraged and well justifiably so. He wanted to scoop her up into his arms and give her a fatherly hug, but knowing the limits of his professional responsibility merely placed a strong armoured hand on her thin shoulder. The tears in his eyes showing how his heart cried out for her. Chalcedon, though an extremely effective warrior and a terror that could strike at the heart of the Sith Lords, was while in off duty mode, a big teddy bear of a man. He had lost his wife and young children to the Sith, and his heart always bid him to protect those of this young girls age and demeanor.

“Child…” His voice was immeasurably soft. “You do not need to fear here. The Jedi were wrong to attempt such a thing, and I rebuke that which they have spoken over you.” He placed his other hand on her other shoulder. Making sure she looked into his soft grey eyes. “We all carry an immense potential for darkness in us. Any that can touch or control this power should see that in themselves, as all it takes is one ill choice and you fall into irredeemable darkness. But you are not there. You are not at the brink of destruction, you have a long journey before you. I have that darkness in me as well, we all carry it, the problem is not carrying it with you, its if you choose to embrace it.”

He nodded his head and withdrew his hands. “We in the Imperial Knights carry this burden and take the darkness of others upon ourselves, to purify and exorcise the dark from the galaxy…” He looked off into the distant ceiling. As if remembering a long forgotten dream. “…Though you are not in a position to learn such arts yet, you must find yourself first, we can help you with that, should you wish it.”

eLR4nwh.png

Ally...

A quirky smile crossed my face as I looked up toward the Knight before me, a feeling of appreciation sweeping across my mind as I did. Because, in truth, it lifted alot of the burdened weight that I had been carrying for so long, shunned by those I had called 'family' amidst the Tythian Jedi. For the first time I was able to relax, finding comfort amongst these beings that called themselves Imperial Knights, and despite my slight difference in beliefs, I felt I could grow among them and even find my place beside them. I felt, in more than a manner of speaking, at home.

Nemesis....

Or at least I did until a nearby nurse brought forth a plate of food, and I laid eyes on my eternal arch nemesis. "So we meet again." I spoke, my glaring stare focusing hard upon the plate before me, as if urging to shatter my nemesis into a million pieces, and if I had the power, it would have happen. In all the places of all the worlds, why did I have to run into it here? "Milk."

Wisdom....

Turning my gaze from upon the disgusting liquid that came from places that no being should ever have even thought of touching, I turned back toward the Knight. Forgive me Sir Knight.. I said apologetic, still having yet to actually catch the man's name. But there in lies the problem. It is my belief that The Force is neutral, and so should we be, as well as our power. Light cannot exist without dark as I stated before, because of it laying in the shadows behind the mass of creation. Nor can the Dark snuff out the light, as it illuminates what lies within. Perhaps this is why the Jedi feared me, as my words may seem heretic, but the truth is that each of the Orders create the need for the other by focusing solely on one aspect or side of the coin we call the Force. But if we embrace neutrality in our wielding, then we deviate the possibility of falling to either side and create harmony between the two."

wGuSavf.png

• 1 month later...

Chalcedon let a hearty laugh escape his lips as he settled back down on his haunches. “I will make a note to not provide you any further milk should you not want it.” He pulled himself back up onto the permacrete bench and began the process of absentmindedly cleaning his armour. Working on a dark carbon scoring patch on his thigh which had marred the fine red armour.

“Well that balance is nigh impossible to find little one. Stray but a little off the path and blam!” he slapped his hand on his armour. “You start killing civvies for the greater good. Though I respect that opinion, perhaps with more years on you and a greater experience of fighting the Sith you will see the need for a great purifying light to fight the darkness, and not some bit of ‘balance.’ But that comes in time. Do you wish to learn our ways child?”

He laughed and finished working out the carbon scoring on the armour and switched to the next patch....

eLR4nwh.png

• 2 weeks later...

Humor...

A chuckle briefly erupted from my lips as the Knight mentioned never gracing my presence with Milk again, followed swiftly by a sudden chill rising upward upon my spine as the mere thought of the disgusting liquid brought forth goosebumps that rigidly encompassed my form. I winced in pain as I flinched from the chill, reminding me that my muscles still ached from the confrontation earlier, and I blushed at the embarrassment that I considered the man sitting across from me had ever been a Jedi, his compassion assuring and comfortable as I swung my legs back and forth beneath the examination table I sat upon, my feet a few inches from the floor. After the moment of pain passed, I sighed in relief, for I had finally escaped the Jedi Order and it's grasp.

"Thank you..." I spoke sincerely toward the Knight before me, noticing him attempting to clean a carbon scarring that tarnished his vibrant armor. "For rescuing me earlier. I honestly don't know if I would have survived the encounter with the slavers had you and your kin not been there, and as such, I likely owe you my life." I shoved my hand out toward him, my eyes squinting nearly shut as my face drew a near encompassing smile followed by a soft chuckle. "And for making the note to not bring that disgusting liquid before me again. I don't know who's idea it was to decide to drink it one day way back when, but whomever it was needs to be thrown into a trash compactor....."

Conviction....

Realizing that I was now beginning to trail off, I sat quietly for a moment as he talked about balance being near impossible, and for a brief moment I wondered if it was, the conviction of his tone and the self belief of the truth in his words were a rather convincing argument for him. Perhaps my own were mere self beliefs, no more right nor wrong than his own. Perhaps my ideology were just that of an inexperienced child and his were of a hardened veteran whom could not envision it any other way. Whatever the case was, I shook my doubts away, undoubtedly showing my stubbornness and own convictions. "Perhaps you are right. I've never known anything but what the Jedi Order has taught me. My ideals could be nothing but foolishness coming from a little girl..." I smiled, letting him see that I wasn't being sarcastic as I spoke. "But no matter which ideology you take belief in, history shows us that neither can wipe the other out, as it's roots seem to be stemmed from sentient nature, the nature of the heart. Jedi have fallen to the dark side whether it be from fear, doubt, love, or ego. And the same could be said for Sith and Dark Jedi whom have found redemption within themselves through various reasons as well. Either way, both have faced extinction many times and revived in the other's wake."

Acceptance....

Briefly playing coy with the Knight who now sat idly cleaning his armor, I thought upon his offer, making him wonder what my answer would be for a little longer than it took me to have decided. But before he could ask me what my answer was, I had already hopped down from the table and plunged forward onto him, my arms wrapped tightly, yet softly, around his neck with my face buried into his armor, nearly knocking us both backwards off the bench. With a warm smile, my eyes filled to the brim with tears, I gazed up at the Knight. "And yes, I wish to learn your ways, more than you know. I was beginning to wonder if you were even going to ask, or if I would ever follow my dream."

wGuSavf.png

• 3 weeks later...

Chalcedon stood, his armour creaking like an oak in a stiff wind as the polished armour plates adjusted to him standing. His smile told his feelings well and master Chalcedon was always one to wear his emotions on his sleeve. He embraced her then pointed towards the interior halls to the temple.

“Follow me to your new life then acolyte.”

He strode with brisk steps to a central large chamber, brimming with various weapons in racks and sets of armour sealed in vast drawers by size. He stopped before the container labelled XS-F and pulled out the plasti-sealed pack of armour plates, underweave, belt, and helmet of the imperial knights. Bright crimson, and a single white chevron upon its chest, marking her rank. In the plastiseal was also a simply made lightsabre that had been constructed en masse by workers on Carida and shipped her for trainers to use. For now it was on the training setting but with the flip of a switch it could easily kill. He handed the large package to her and indicated that she should use one of the female stalls to change as he pulled out his training manual to select a good lesson.

CH 1 |Touch the Force|

eLR4nwh.png

Following...

I followed the Knight without question as we left the medical ward, quickly turning and bowing in thanks to the medical droids and staff for patching me up and looking over me, before we made our exit. The infastruction of the Academy here was quite different than the one I lived in on Tython, but I suppose that was to be expected. Still, it appeared more militant than I had envisioned, and a little lifeless. Where the Temple at Tython held murals and designs honoring Tython's history, this Temple was bland and empty. In truth, at first glance, it was intimidating.

Yet, I held these thoughts to myself. As the Knight had said earlier, they were a Order with strong convictions of defending against the Sith and the darkside, so it's blandness was likely due to the fact that they were member of the Imperial Order, always on the go with no ties to call home. A slight hint of sadness came over me at that thought, but soon subsided as the thought of the Knights being attached to one another rather than an Academy settled my thoughts, causing me to suppose they held more heart toward their comrades rather than their Order. I knew this new Order would be a learning experience.

Transformation...

Arriving in the large central chamber, I gazed around in awe of the weaponry as Chalcedon went about. The weapons ranged in every form, size, and specialty, causing me to feel inadequate due to the simple polearm I carried with me. I looked through a few as the Knight lingered over toward some nearby shelves, noticing mostly melee weapons, but a few blasters as well, granting me a small insight into what Chalcedon had mentioned about their Order. Truly they held some seriousness to their cause, peaking my interest heavily. It made me wonder of their Empress, the one he swore to protect with his life. To command such admiration and loyalty, especially from such a kind soul as he, she must have been kind and loving, yet powerful and regal.

Shaken from my thoughts and wonder by Chalcedon as he handed me a plasti-sealed package and suggesting that I use one of the female stalls to change, I did so with a thankful nod, unknowing what laid within. My eyes sparkled in wonder toward the armor it revealed, so shiny, so new, that I barely wanted to remove it. That, and I had grown accustomed to the armor that I adorned. But nonetheless, I undressed, taking off the armor of my former life and placing on a new.

New Beginnings...

As I stepped out of the stall and turned toward Chalcedon, I spun a quick circle, quickly inquiring how I looked. Most of the armor fit my form perfectly, minus the chest piece. But given my age, it was sufficient to say that I would one day grow into it. Tugging at the collar of the underwear, it was apparent that I wasn't use to such a well fit. I tightly held the helmet under my arm, and Chalcedon would notice the saber clipped to my hip upon the belt that adorned the armor quite fashionably. But most importantly, the smile that bore itself across my face was one of excitement and pride. I was finally going to follow my dream, and I felt it's touch within reach.

"Thank you so much," I spoke with excitement and gratitude, my voice an almost high pitched squeal as I struggled to hold back my excitement. "You have no idea how happy you've made me... Should I call you Master? Or just sir Knight? Despite all that has happened, he had still yet to tell me his name, or if he was even the one who was going to teach me.

wGuSavf.png