Haruun Kal

BLCKCLONE

Lord Hartel could feel Sanj arrive on scene after he had told Xae to be with her padawan and he was happy that his padawan was still loyal to a master that failed in a critical mission. The Mandalorian had much to relearn if he were to guide his people to a new way of life. The Mandalorians needed a strong leader to look upon who knew their ways and was always sure of his decisions for his people. If he were going to serve them now, he would only fail them. After these men were Jedi Knights, he would focus on grabbing his Master Rank and then return to Concord Dawn, or even more so Ordo. Many worlds were somehow restored on his return from the Force and going back to his true home would be the best place to renew the Mandalorian peoples.

Lord Hartel gave his fiancé one last small kiss on the cheek and gazed into her eyes before letting her be reinforced by a choice phrase that makes the both of them feel warm on the inside.

"Ni kar'tayli gar darasuum Xae-Lin."

With that he turned from her walking towards where Sanj and Lance now stood awaiting instruction. Sanj looked more mature than when he had first come across John. He was more serious looking as if he had gotten some good training in, possibly even dueling training so that he can fight by John's side again; though he seemed to be balanced with Force ability. Reaching out to his Padawan's mind he could see he had progressed far in Force Telekinesis. His training under the Mandalorian Jedi was coming to a close soon, though he knew it not.

"Sanj, I would like you to meet my newest Padawan, and before you ask I do not love him more than you, mommie and daddy just wanted another," he said jokingly motioning his hand toward the newest padawan in league with their crew completing a trio. At this point he focused his attention on Lance for a few moments to give him the attention all newer members of the Order require.

”œLance, I am Jedi Knight John Hartel, as you can tell I am a Mandalorian by my obvious dress. I welcome you to the Jedi Order, but right now as a hopeful, in order to become my Padawan I must ask you to memorize these two passages and repeat them to me. This greenhouse is the perfect place to study them as well. Look at them well, learn them and return to me when you are ready to become a Jedi.”

Rep grew restless, sure he could have waited for his master to finish her business with the other Jedi but he was eager to practice his skills. He strolled away, once he had found a vacant training room he took off his robe and placed it on the ground near the door. He drew his lightsaber, activating one side and admired the green blade that had shot out from the hilt. The fact that he constructed the lightsaber was what made the blade so special, it was his and no one else's. The hours of work he put into it came back to him and he remembered the frustration he felt with the delicate parts. His memory trailed back to Aracoun Morion, searching for his crystal, fighting alongside Galen and Roene, he had almost died there more then once but most of the memories were good ones.

He walked over to a remote and turned it on, it levitated up and floated around the room. Reptilia closed his eyes, took a deep breath and raised his saber, when the remote shot a small red pellet at the Padawan he moved his blade to deflect it with one fluid movement. The remote started shooting faster and started moving around the young Jedi trying to challenge him, he accepted the challenge and deflected every bolt that was directed at him and tried to hit the remote with them.

(Since Xae isn't posting I can get some training done.)

repsisig.png

Sanj let out a smirk at John's joke and replied, "I wasn't thinking that but Ok," he then looked at Lance then back to his master. He let out a large smile when he heard that he'd finaly be making his lightsaber. He then turned to lance and stuck out his hand to shake and said, "Hey, I'm Sanj Misavj" he decided to get acquainted with Lance before he left for Dantooine he knew he'd be spending a lot of time with him and it'd be best to know him.

Edited by Guest

Sanjanimsig.gif

That's Fernando, I found him in a Cambodian sewage pipe. His is a tragic tale of imaginary sea creatures and crack abuse.

Reptilia reached out to the remote and paused it for a moment, in that moment he leaped over to the other remotes and activated them. He then prepared himself for the hell that he was about to go through. The blasters were toned down but they stung when they hit a lesson that he soon learned. The pain didn't discourage him but motivated him, if he wanted to be a Jedi he would have to be able to deflect live fire from living and nonliving enemies when the time called for it so this to him was preparation for the future.

The longer he trained the better he got, he still got hit but not nearly as much as he would have if he never started the training session. The remotes didn't get tired but Rep did, it was a fairly simple concept but Rep knew he had to stoop soon so he reached out again and turned all of the remotes off and put them back where he had found them, after cleaning up the training room he sat down in the middle of the room cross legged and closed his eyes. He slowed his breathing which was erratic and calmed himself down, clearing his mind he started to meditate as master Kirlocca had instructed him when he was still a hopeful. He let calming memories invade his mind, peaceful images flowed through him allowing his muscles to relax and rest.

repsisig.png

A droid looked to the new arrival at Haruun Kal and processed his information for a moment. Then it whirred about scanning the system for who the most Senior Jedi was, according to its logs the two senior Jedi were Jedi Knights Nadio, Hartel and Ardel. The droid continued to process information until it arrived at a conclusion. Ardel was soon leaving off world and could not be interrupted, Nadio was training a Padawan and Hartel was cutting and mending plants together upping his potential in Force Healing potential.

He seemed to be the one that would be less disturbed by an interruption. The droid turned from the new arrival and made its way to the greenhouse where Hartel was continuing to dance around and cut plants mending them with ease now with practice. The droid moved forward toward him but did not know the Jedi was too into his practice to notice non organic life forms, and he whirled the lightsaber around lopping off one of the Droid's arm.

Hartel immediately knew the sound of his saber cutting through metal was vastly different than cutting through cellulose. He looked up and saw that the protocol droid was now missing an arm thanks to his expertise. Without thinking Hartel picked up the arm and held it to where he had chopped through attempting to use the same technique he used on the plants to fix the droid. The cells here not being alive in a growing sort of sense were difficult to accelerate in fact it was nonexistent, the Jedi accomplished nothing; though he thought of a solution quickly enough. If he could not accelerate he may be able to replicate what is already there to take up the space, in fact it could help coupled with acceleration in organic life.

In a few moments the droid was repaired and began to speak after it had been reassembled.

"There is an anonymous guest awaiting your counsel at the Main Hall Master Hartel."

Hartel nodded and made his way through the temple until the cloaked man came into view. He came forward and made a short bow to the visitor.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, I am Jedi Knight John Hartel, is there anything I can help you with today Mr....?"

He raised an eyebrow as the Jedi came into view. Measuring the man's stride and gait, he had to assume that he was unnaturally bulky in what was under the robes. Or so his trained mercish eye seemed to suggest.

Perhaps an armor of some sort.

As the Jedi Knight bowed before him, he allowed the prickly feeling of pride to be washed away. Instead he simply returned the bow, feeling it are better to be courteous then to appear stand offish.

"Menthu. You may refer to me as Menthu."

He paused and stared past the Jedi briefly. To discuss the matters he would like to be off the front steps of the Jedi's haven.

"Shall you invite me in Jedi Knight John Hartel. I feel there is something we must discuss, and it is always better to discuss grave matters in a more comfortable setting."

A small grin shone from behind the shadows cast by his hood as he met the Jedi's eye. Gesturing towards the hall with which the Jedi came, he prepared to follow the Jedi to an area of his choosing.

The Jedi Padawan sat there, he was alone only in the definition of the word but through the Force he was surrounded by others that had been graced with it's touch. In a place such as a Temple it was easy to 'see' the other Force sensitives, he could easily recognize his Master, Xae and his friend, Sanj, but the others that he had casually met were still there but he couldn't distinguish them, in particular Hartel and Nadio as he had met them both briefly and were of same stature in the order so it was easy for him to mix them up. A new presence that he had not felt before appeared, he didn't know what to make of it, it could be another Jedi or it could be hostile but he knew Nadio or Hartel would take care of it.

Reptilia stopped his meditation, he has rested and was ready to practice some more, he stood up and focused on his hands which were pressed together. He was hoping to replicate what had happened upon the Cabur in his duel against Sanj, as he felt the ball of energy come to a high he let go and with an explosion the apprentice was sent flying back, forced into a wall. His body landed in a contorted manner and he rolled over to get up, pain was echoing throughout him and his mind was racing with hopes that he didn't break anything.

"Argh, ah...." He mumbled out as he rolled around trying to shut the pain out, he knew he was stupid for trying it again and was lucky he didn't blind himself. The other times he had practiced it he did it on small scales but this time he went live and regretted it.

After the pain subsided and he could stand again he went through the breathing exercises and meditation techniques to center himself, he cleared his mind of all his worries again. Reptilia was a determined young man, he had always been and he had his mind set on perfecting the light bomb technique. He placed his hands together, as he concentrated his power he braced himself and closed his eyes, when it was ready or when he thought it was at least he let go. A few seconds went by and he opened his eyes and relaxed, he looked at his hands and as he did so all he could mutter out was "Sithspit." Before he was launched back into the wall with another explosion, this time however a blinding light flashed through which managed to blind Rep. He crawled away from the wall, he wiped his eyes and stood up. He was going to get it right.

repsisig.png

Hartel was skeptical of the newcomer, he did not appear to be one with the Light Side of the Force quite the opposite in fact as the Dark Side seemed to be this ones ally and had been for some time. If the fool had come to assassinate the Mandalorian Jedi in the middle of the Jedi Temple he would have been in for a rude awakening. Somehow the Jedi Knight was unsure of Menthu's intention but whatever it was if he had intended for Hartel's death he would not have allowed Hartel lead him within the temple.

Hartel did lead the way, but back to the main conference room nearby the room which held Reptilia training himself in some new-fangled technique he had come up with. When they had arrived Hartel motioned to chair pulling it out with the Force for the dark guest allowing himself to sit at one adjacent from him. The Jedi Knight sat at the other end of the table and looked forward to the Dar'jetti who surely occupied the space the Mandalorian Jedi had set out for him.

"What is it you would like to discuss with this Jedi Temple Mr. Menthu?" asked John calmly.

Reptilia was anxious, he didn't know if his next attempt would work or if he would be sent flying back into the wall. The time between him starting concentrating energy into his hands and when it was ready was about ten seconds, in those ten seconds he was readying himself for failure in his mindset and physically but if he was to succeed he would be surprised and pleased with himself. He started the procedure, his hands were ready and so was he, he felt the Force flowing through him, almost like it was encouraging him which caused him to try even harder. The moment of truth came, he released control of the energy and it exploded with a burst of light, Rep managed to close his eyes so he could still see. The explosion sent him back a couple of feet and to the ground but it wasn't as bad of a failure as before and he knew he was making progress with the power.

He got back up, he could get knocked down a million more times but he would always get back up, dust himself off and try again. As he kept trying he learned more and more of what he was doing wrong and he tried to correct himself when he could, when he couldn't he just bared with it and hoped it didn't hurt him. He found patterns in his methods, he realized that he would use simple breathing exercises out of reflex when he would get frustrated but when he got frustrated a few short months ago he would get upset and blame himself.

After another failed attempt he dragged himself back up, he was beginning to doubt himself and was going to take a break for awhile but decided to try one more time. He calmed himself, breathed deeply and gave it another go. The power surged through him to his hands where he was using it make a flash of light, one that would blind a foe and could be used to make a quick escape. The seconds dwindled down, he knew it was time to release it and when he did he closed his eyes. A white flash shot through the room, it was so bright that he saw it even though he had his eyes closed. Pride was beaming through him, he had succeeded even if it took a lot out of him. He would have to show his master that he had "perfected" such a technique, he would still need to practice it to fine tune it but he was fairly confident in it as it stood.

After he celebrated a little he collapsed to the ground, rest was all that he could think of and he was going to try to get as much as possible before he set out on the mission with his master. Although most people would have slept at that point he didn't, he meditated as he was seeking spiritual rest and not physical rest. He pushed out the negative thoughts from his mind and let the positive ones enter.

repsisig.png

Menthu took measured steps into the conference room. Upon entering he immediatley began to survey his suroundings. In general he doubted he would see such a room under a non hostile arrangement. So naturally he took the time to notice the general oddities in a room. Finding none, he was almost dismayed that the jedi, had such a bland room housed with in their temple to begin with.

Though the Jedi spoke in a calm manner, Menthu was easily able to pick up on the distrusting nature of the Jedi. He was more or less upsetting the Jedi with his presence. Something he found ironic when he compared the Jedi's response to what he knew of Jedi teachings. It mattered very little that this Jedi carried distrust around like a shield. It was something dark sider's were known for and it was good that the Jedi were learning up more or less.

Interesting use of Force technique. Here I thought that using the force for trivial matters was more of a dark side trait than a light jedi trait. Especially given their utter reverence for the energy field. No matter, at least I know what kind of Jedi I am dealing with.

His hands grasping the back of the chair allowed him to lower himself before looking up to face the jedi. Hands, placed palm down on the table, he appeared to be feeling the surface of the table. Perhaps unwilling to simply launch right into discussion. Eyes raised to look at the Jedi he began.

"I come to you simply because of a plot I have come to the awareness of."

Closing his eyes, palms against the table, he appeared to be concentrating. Waves of both guilt and despair seemed to roll of of the Serpent Master. The last member of a dead order once an off shoot to the Sith.

Though his mind raced to recall the details, he was aware the Jedi seemed to be focusing on him. His eyes did not need to be open to tell him that. It was far easier to confront the Jedi with eyes close. Kept them from giving you piercing stares as if they sought to understood all you were and what you were doing. Still the Force flowed strongly in and around the Master. His concentration never wavering as he recalled such a grave matter.

"I come to the Jedi, as I have been exposed to a plot to destroy most of the capital of the Ice world of Cillsa. The Chiss homeworld I believe. Not unlike you Jedi, we dark siders, also hold the power over life of death of innocent civilians. "

He could feel it building up inside of him, and subsequently more guilt seemed to roll of of him.

"It appears I do not have the skill needed to diffuse this particular threat. therefor I come to the Jedi to come and aid in this manner. After all, Just because my path is darker than yours, doesn't mean I enjoy in watching the whole sale destruction of civilians, for just the sake of their deaths. Before I continue any further Jedi, will you pledge to at least save those citizens?"

Hartel's curiosuity as to why a dar'jetti had come to the Jedi Temple was soon answered. The capital world of the Chiss, a planet that was in Republic space, was being threatened to be destroyer. In most cases the Jedi would interpret this move as a threat, but Menthu had a different purpose, his choice words revealed his true desire for the Dark Side. The power to save lives. Something admirable as most are easily corrupted and lose way with the Sith teachings.

Hartel did not waver in his response.

"I am sure the Jedi will pledge their support. I am sure the Jedi Council will take every move necessary to protect them, not because we have to protect a Republic world, but because of the same reason you came to us. I would be surprised if they declined to be involved. Though I do know of someone else who would be most interested to hear this information on Csilla.

"The Grand Admiral of the Empire who recently made a Holonet broadcast is a Chiss, I would be surprised if he did not pull all his power to make his people safe. Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do for you personally as I am not in a position of power to have the Jedi Order present on Csilla. But you have my word not only as a Jedi, but as a Mandalorian, that the Council will be notified."

The Jedi Knight stood up to indicate the meeting had been completed. He assumed that Menthu had stood up as well and had come over to shake his hand.

"It was very honorable of you to disclose this information Menthu. Perhaps this can be the first step in making the two orders realize there is more to this galaxy then our never ending religious crusades on each other. If you ever need anything feel free to contact me. I need to return to making sure the Padawans do not chop off their hands on accident, I assume you can make it back to wherever your landed your ship on your own?"

Stagnant!

The for all intents and purposes Sith Master slowly stood up, his hands covered by the gauntlets he always wore pushing into the table as a way to help him up. Eyes snapping open, only the black tendril that briefly caught his eye, gave him an measure of happiness.

Standing up, he drew himself up to the full height of six foot two. A rather menacing height for some. Yet there was little doubt that anyone housed with in the temple would be affected by such a large and imposing man. Slowly he made his way toward the Jedi.

To shake his hand would mean... That was a good question. What would it mean to shake the Jedi's hand. Had not the Jedi went confront with the news of innocents in danger, called an end to the meeting, in order to check up on his padawans. Perhaps the Jedi felt e had all the information he needed. Yet in most cases, those who assumed such, in general had no intention to act on what information they did have.

Something no doubt, would be the case here, as even in the man's speech he was already trying to shuttle him off to the Empire. What an interesting conversation that would be. Approaching a Grand Admiral to tell him his homeworld, currently under occupation by Alliance forces, was under threat of having its capital destroyed.

He reached out to shake the Jedi's hand. There was no reason not to. His gloved hands extended forward, before grasping the Jedi's to give it a decent pump. It mattered little that the lives of civilians hung in the balance, what was important was this information to perhaps be sat upon or transmitted to the Jedi council. Padawans did come first after all, and this was all assuming that the Jedi didn't simply expect him to tell the Empire of the dastardly plot.

Stagnant! That is in the end what all of these vaunted orders are. Mere dead wood that need to be added to a burning flame, to break the useless bonds that hold the galaxy together in such a flimsy way.

The guilt rolled off of him still, even as one hand firmly grasp the hand of a Jedi in a union rarely seen amongst the galaxy. The Jedi might have been onto something with the idea of uniting the two orders through dialogue.

In an instant, the Master struck. It had been a simple thing. Assuaging the Jedi of his skepticism by not immediately flaying the representative of a useless order alive on first sight. Letting the feelings of guilt and despair roll of of him, to allow the jedi the chance to only feel the surface thoughts. Never allowing the Jedi to go much deeper then the surface. Misdirecting the Jedi by playing to his faults and suspicions. The best part was now the information would forever be in doubt, as had he been telling the truth, or had it been an elaborate plot? Beyond knowing the general location of the threat any recording wouldn't provide much more information.

He had sized up his opponent, as he had walked, knowing full well what to expect as he gave the first violent tug to throw the Jedi off balance. Pulling him toward claws. Wicked things born of metal and fire, lightning up the room in an unholy blaze. The energy of their activation bring an intense heat to the room. The face was the target, after all it was clear the Jedi had some sort of armor on and he wouldn't waste his time with a useless attack.

Though the tug wasn't meant just to run the Jedi's face into a vicious clawed back hand that happened to be on fire. No that would be far to simple. Given his deception so far, to have stopped there, would have been an insult to his own purpose. No the Tug was also meant to slam him into the table. The very table that was coming alive through the power of the Dark side.

Ancient Sith from long ago, had learned how to make dead artifacts briefly gain mobility.... life. His own knowledge allowed something similar.

Dark sinister vines grew outward from the table. Twisting and turning and burning ablaze through no normal fire. No this fire was an intense heat born of the dark side, and bought about during his administrations during his 'conversation' with the Jedi. A fire that wouldn't cease to stop burning, until it was spent, willing and able to set anything it happened to touch alight with its dark fires. What a fitting end for the armored Jedi. To have his head removed from his body. The claws making short work of his unarmored face. Followed by a quick funeral pyre, by a creature that embodied the idea of a Sith spawn. At the very least the creature though its life span would be short, perhaps a mere five minutes, would at least boil the Jedi alive in his armor should he not catch flame and die immediately.

A vicious grin accompanied his face as he unleashed his sudden attack. knowing there was no way, the Jedi could have possibly seen any of it coming. The table that had gained life of its own, using the vines to propel itself forward toward the Jedi. The sudden unsheathing of hidden claws meant to tear him asunder, or even that subtle drawing of the force through out the entire conversation.

A severe disappointment.

<>

Reptilia was interrupted by a strong echo in the Force, it might have gone unnoticed as he was still a padawan but it was so near to him. He stood up to investigate the problem, it wasn't something he had felt before and he was cautious in his movements. When he neared the source of the echo he realized it was coming from a conference room, he looked inside and saw the knight Hartel and another man, he held back to see how it would play out as he would only get in the way of things. Fear got to him, not the fear for him but for Hartel and the temple, he panicked and tried to contact someone but his message was feint and probably would only be picked up by someone who is extremely sensitive to the Force.

(I'm not going to help Hartel but I would like Reptilia see a death of some sort and how he would react to it, that's all.)

repsisig.png

Sanj was talking to Lance when he received a message from Rep, His face froze for a second when he heard what was happening and said to Lance, ”œIf you have a gun, follow me, our master's in danger.”

Sanjanimsig.gif

That's Fernando, I found him in a Cambodian sewage pipe. His is a tragic tale of imaginary sea creatures and crack abuse.

Hartel was disappointed that the dar'jetti had chosen the path to end a possible collaboration between the Orders. For much time he had imagined a sort of peace between the two sects, them finally taking a chance to see why each one existed and could coexist with each other and it seemed this man was generally interested. Why had he come all this way to kill one Jedi? When a Jedi Knight? Would he have done the same if it was Master Nadio who the droid had asked to greet the man at the entryway? All these questions raged through the Jedi Knights head the moment the Man had decided to turn on him.

For a fleeting moment there Hartel had hopes that peace could come between the two religions of the Force that the ones who devoured their opponents as Hartel did under the guidance of Lord Dagon, to the triumphs of the Light Hartel had made when turning to the Light. He understood both and knew that peace and understanding would be unlikely, but he had to try, at least for his minds sake. He was so blind to the danger of allowing a dar'jetti into the Jedi Temple that he allowed this situation to be brought upon himself. Menthu had betrayed him almost as soon as he had met him.

Luckily, the Jedi had not been betrayed due to Hartel's actions. The room in which Hartel had brought his opponent was not bugged and had no reason to be, it was a simple room made of pure plasteel, the only thing that would survive the harsh Haruun Kal environment. The Jedi Knight's mind was prompted by this train of thought and was only at another crossroad. Was he being attacked due to not contacting the Council with Menthu there so that action could be taken quickly? Was the man this concerned with the life on Csilla? Or was this an act of deception making the Jedi believe a stoppable threat was coming, and then they would all, including the Chiss, die.

Based on Menthu's actions in the aftermath of their meeting, he could only assume the latter was true, the Chiss were still in danger, but the Jedi Council would have been killed along with if they had gone to aid them. Should Hartel survive this encounter he would have to notify them of his suspicions as soon as possible, they deserved to leave the decision of Csilla's survival in their hands.

The dar'jett was shorter than Hartel, though not by much, in all practicalities the two were of similar build though Hartel considerable bigger with his beskar'gam. Menthu had an advantage over Hartel in striking first. He grabbed the Jedi slamming him into a table near instantly. It seemed as if the dar'jetti had intended for another fury to be unleashed, but in the end nothing happened, the plasteel table had the blood that leaked from the Jedi's temple upon it but otherwise no other changes happened to the plasteel table, a cheap material that the Jedi used in this temple that would no breathe the dangerous air of Haruun Kal. It was not made of organic material thus alchemy was impossible to work with it.

The Mandalorian thrusted his fist toward the dar'jetti giving him space to draw his lightsaber, activating the dual cyan blades of his lightsaber, without killing Menthu. The Jedi Knight, regardless of his annoyance and anger over Menthu's betrayal, did not want to disregard the Jedi Code and kill the man who contested him. Instead capture was preferred. He stood with blade in hand, a good distance from the cretin who had come into the Jedi Temple attempting to kill one of its members.

It was at this time that Hartel felt a few more presences close by and without looking he recognized the two Jedi Padwans at once. He knew he could not allow this conflict to go on with them in the Temple. With the power this dar'jetti possessed, they could be caught up in their duel.

”œPADAWANS! RUN! NOTIFY THE COUNCIL BUT RUN! GET OUT OF HERE! NOW!

Reptilia knew he had to listen to his superior, if he didn't it wouldn't just be his life on the line but the Hartel's as well. He turned to Sanj who had recently arrived on scene, he gestured to for him to follow and he ran for cover. He had drawn his lightsaber, if the assailant him he would protect his fellow padawans if it meant giving his life, that is what being a Jedi held he realized. He didn't fear dying as there is no death but only the Force and he understood what that meant.

repsisig.png

Master Jedi, there is a conflict happening in the Temple

Kautra did not need the aleret to know that there was something devious happening in the temple he built. He had alreay gathered his things, and was about to make his way out of the control room to find the source of the disturbance. But he stopped before leaving the room.

"Send 4 security droids there, to intersect the offender" He turned on his heel, and looked at the security camera that was recording the fight happeneing, and he was shocked to see that it was Hartel that was involved. He knew that the droids would not make it long, but he hoped they would allow Hartel to know that he would not be alone soon, and tmaybe distract the Sith temporarily to give Hartel the upper hand.

After his commands had been shouted, he began to make his way to the room in which the fight was happeneing. He had already pulled out his saber, and activated it when he turned the corner, to find the droids he had called for already setting up behind Hartel and aiming their blasters at the Sith that standed before them.

Kautra stood beside Hartel and raised his own saber. It was interesting to think that the Sith had taken such intrest in this Temple, which was so out of the way, to make a move. But alas, there stood a Sith, and a powerful one at that, Kautra could only imagine that there would be more to follow eventually, and he would have to increase defences soon after this altercation.

Sanj stayed low and slowly moved away from the room, he still wasn't sure what was happening and who it exactly was that was attacking his master. Once he was a safe distance, he sprinted away from the place. He was racing through the temple and was happy to see a few droids and another Jedi. He made his way to the control room to find no one inside and he cursed. He wasn't sure whom to go and was scrambling like a chicken without a head. He sat down for a second, and put his hand on his head he needed time to think. He wasn't sure what to do, run back and help, stay put, and find his crystals.

Sanj got into a ship and preped it for takeoff and then got in the cockpit. He then set coarse for Dantooine and took off. Leaving the temple and planet. He prayed everyone would be fine.

Sanjanimsig.gif

Making a ruling on Menthu's killshot on Ordo: Ignoring an attack and out and out dismissing it instead of responding to it doesn't do one favors when trying to avoid a killshot. In this case, Menthu has a history of creating murderous and semi-sentient darkside fire in the past and the power is still presumed valid.

Killshot successful

KVCsig.jpg

The monarch of madness has returned!

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since March 2002.]

[2nd in Command of the Lords of Hate since March 2002.]

Fire it is our way of life and the purpose of our existence. It tears down old to bring in the new. Burning ever-upwards it can't itself be polluted. An agent of purity and as a symbol of righteousness and truth . An agent of life and an agent of death.

There was no murderous glee that came with the kill. Not triumph or satisfaction over the death of the Mandalorian Jedi. Just a disquiet sort of pleasure. Perhaps the same pleasure a pyromaniac would have at moving deadwood into a roaring flame.

It was for the Jedi over long before the escalation point. As the Jedi stood, lightsaber in hand all Menthu did was crack a long grin. His hand fell to his side an din that moment the victor had been decided.

Slowly at first the face fell apart before at last three disconnected pieced of what had been the Jedi's head dribbled to the floor. The distinct sound of wet met hitting the stoned floor resounding above the crackling flames. The force Flow about him in a vibrant storm as he felt the death of the Jedi. One more bond severed, a bit more instability brought to the galaxy once more.

Had he felt the need to dwell on it, he would have felt his sense expanded outwards. His thirst only moderately quenched after feeding in on the severed ties brought about with the Jedi's misfortune. Instead he could feel the call of the purposeful flame. Feel his role in the galaxy take over him once more.

Looking toward the door his sighed in dismay. Though the fight had taken merely an instant it seems he already had a set of eyes upon him. Still a smile was brought to his lips, as he felt one depart from this world. A rightful and logical conclusion and one he could not find fault in the padawan for doing.

It was this secondary Hutt spawn that still seemed to be at the door that drew his attention. With a simple wave of his hand the door was blown backwards and off of its frame. Crashing disjointedly in the hall, the sith spawn ambled out first, laying ablaze the very ground it walked on, which quickly began to consume both the conference room and the surrounding hall wall.

It was unfortunate however, that the droids and a secondary Jedi lie in its path. Given the unnaturally quick response time of both droids and Jedi, it was equally uncanny the speedy upon which the Fire Demon set upon the droids. Destroying them in a heart beat. Its very touch melting through their chest, and the force behind its blows sending them flying.

Curiously the Fire Demon had left the new Jedi alone. Only sending a single slagged droid his way in a molten show of power. If the Jedi dodged or not was not Menthu's concern.

Perhaps I have over stayed my welcome.

"So another Jedi seems to have shown up, do you all just appear out of thin air? No matter, you shall be slain like the last if you do not step aside. "

With the room a roaring inferno, it was a strange sight to see a lone figure standing admist the burning room. None of the flames touching him, and even the few that dared having no effect on the being what so ever. Having long ago lost his vulnerabilities to fire, he simply cooked an eyebrow at the Jedi before bringing his gantlets together in a single clap.

Yet that clap was but a distraction, a place for the eye to wander as he drew upon the force once more. The situation was beyond perfect and it was with a certain amount of ease he preformed his salvo. The air already thick with heat, was suddenly superheated upon the Jedi.

For many worlds there was such a being that had one job. This job being solely to fight fires, or to at least minimize the damage of an out of control flame. For each and every single one of those beings, there was one thing they feared most. One thing that unfortunately for the late coming fast moving Jedi, he was going to experience.

What happened to the Jedi was best described to be similar to a flashover. In one thunderous panel shaking roar, the world turn red hot and white for the Jedi as Menthu unleashed his devastating attack.

He cared not if it killed the Jedi, only that the Jedi was out of the way. Yet he doubted even a Jedi as quick as this one had enough time to escape from such a devastating event.

((Kautra Nadio still waiting on a response from you. Putting this up so Hartel can re spawn and all. Still consider this a killshot if I don't hear from you shortly.))

Reptilia peeked around a corner and saw the man, the man who had strolled in here and killed a Jedi. He hadn't actually seen the murder but he felt it the moment it happened, an energy that vanished in an instant and anger boiled in the pit of his stomach. He knew he shouldn't feel angry because "there is no death, only the Force" but that didn't matter, he was going to get revenge on the man who had taken his master's fiance away from her. He couldn't believe the nerve of the man, to kill a Jedi in a temple, a sanctuary? In fists were clenched tightly, he placed his lightsaber back on his belt. He needed to send out a distress call, surely he couldn't stop a Sith, could he?

At that moment he made up his mind, he ignored the "fire" that was devouring the hall way. He approached the sith who was occupied with Kautra and pulled his blaster with his left hand quickly, he aimed it at the back of the man's head, his hands were shaking but he used the Force to center himself and keep his blaster steady, he knew it was time so he took one last breath before timing is heart beat so he would shoot in between it and pulled the trigger as fast as he had drawn his gun. The red streak of light barreled down the hallway ignoring the all of the distractions that were going down. He watched as it neared Menthu, the man he despised so much and readied himself, if he dodged it somehow he needed to be ready.

<>

repsisig.png

The boy clearly had the making of a Sith about him, yet an assassin he was not. He had given himself away long before the trigger had even been pulled.

Menthu did mentally chide himself even as he did move. His arm waving to summon the power to counter the incoming threat. The boy had braved the heat of fire, a fire that was not just devouring a hallway but, even melting the droids that had been caught or thrown in its path. An inferno so furious, that the passion of the man behind its creation was the only thing that eclipsed it destructive blaze.

Yet that hadn't been enough for the boy. For most to stand amidst a raging flame was a terrible nightmare. To feel heat that could melt the flesh off of bones an unimaginable horror. Just listening to the crackling flames hungry for all it could touch would send most running in the utetrmost panic. Yet this child had indeed braved such a terror.

Perhaps it was the dark malevolent rage in the pit of the stomach that had so foolishly led him on. To allow him to tiptoe from the hallway into the conference room in such a manner to be positioned behind Menthu. To stand his ground and take a deep breath in the heat heavy environment. Yet whatever fueled the boy did not extend to giving him techniques to mask his deviousness. To shoot some one in the back, was an action looked down upon even the most vile of scum. It was truly the mark of a desperate and fearful being. One who would do anything with in their limited scope of power to remove an annoyance or threat.

Still, it was known to Menthu that the boy was on the prowl. From the moment the anger gripped the child's heart to him crossing into the room. None of this was hidden from the Purposeful flame. So when the boy fired he was ready. Though many options had been available to him, the most prevalent one was to duck and shield his exposed face with his arm. Knowing the spider silk that covered his body would protect against any further shots. Still even with foreknowledge the blaster bolt was close. Had he been in a more playful mood he might have attempted to bat it away. Yet feeling only the need to watching the little monster be burned alive, he wanted to waste as little effort as possible on the creature. He was sure the fire demon found the addition of a blaster bolt slamming into it, to be a rather unwelcome addition during its unrestrained rampage.

What a devious little monster! I shall kill him quickly before he understands what has happened to him.

So as Menthu rose, so with him did a hail of fire. Fashioned in the shape of arrows, many of these creations did rain down toward the boy. From a single wave meant to encompass the area the boy had chosen to stand his ground in. With no table to find cover from, the obvious result would be the punctured and broiled corpse of the dark side fledgling.

<>

Reviewing the information. Shell spider silk of the kind used by Menthu was sufficient to block the blaster bolt, especially when coupled with the presense and abilities of a dark side master.

In terms of the counter-attack, it was not enough for a killshot countered. A good effort, and one that probably will burn Reptilia a little bit on the way back, but given how he was around a corner when he witnessed it, his approach distance unspecified. Given the fact that the return fire came as dodgeable arrows and the readiness of a possible counter-attack, if not said corner for defense, it was not enough to ensure Reptilia's demise.

Killshot Failed

KVCsig.jpg

The monarch of madness has returned!

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since March 2002.]

[2nd in Command of the Lords of Hate since March 2002.]

Kuatra watched as his former Padawan fell before him again, he was in a daze to see such a powerful Jedi fall to the hands of a back stabbing sith. but before he could react the droids that were setting up beside him light up in an electrical haze of parts and fire. Kautra didnt have to time look back and figure out what the heck had happened to them, because he found himself caught up in a swirl of intense heat.

Before he could react, the world around him took to flame, casting him in a dreadful fire. The temprtures reached a hight that he was not use to, but growing up on mustafar, it was nothing new. His skin was charred black for a reason, the lava plumes of Mustafar had slashed this one before, and the heat of a natural world was far superior to that of a siths flame.

Though it had caught him off guard, he was not able to save a good portion of his clothing, which had become chared, and blacked by the flame, it was not special so it could not stand the heat as well as the Jedi Mustifrian could. His clothing quickly burned away.

It took less then a moment for Kautra to become aware of what had happened, she called the force to him to surrond his body, and gather energy. With one strong mind blast, the flames engulfing him were thrown to the walls and disappated.

"You think a little fire can stop a Mustifarian" he shouted as the last of the flames were smotherd.

Kautra held his hand out, sp far he had only had time to pull out one saber of his, the second that was on his belt unclipped its self, and became firmly planted inside his free hand, and acttivated with an emerald glow.

He watched as the young Reptillias blaster bolt bounced off the Siths armour, and as Menthu began to rise up against the brave padawan kautra saw the moment of opprotunity to comence his attack. He darted towards the Sith, lunging his sabers at the grotesque being.

(( i accept your dual, 3 posts ought to do it, ill let you clain the first post and we'll go from here. Its up to you if you want to have rep involved, i dont particualry mind, though it could give him the chance to experience death as he asked awhile back.))

Outside of the Temple grounds, a small, battered E-Wing fighter landed in a clearing that Moon found familiar to her. This was where her and Kautra had landed long ago to rebuild the Temple here. It gave her a small sense of pride that the Temple still stood where her and her Master had built it. She jumped out of her E-Wing as it settled into the ground, and used the Force to make her landing on the soil quiet.

Moon made her way through the short distance between her landing area and the Temple's main doors. She stopped in her tracks, however, and extended her feelings out. Kautra, and a few others, were inside. And none of them were very pleased.

And her senses were right - there was a fight going on inside. She extended it further, focusing on details. She sensed a Kel Dor male inside, a somewhat familiar presence. Her mind was taken back to Helix Station, where the Kel Dor and her had dueled.

Reptilia...

Her senses also picked up on another Force sensitive in the room... And it was too dark to be a Jedi.

A Sith!

She placed her hand on her right thigh unconsciously... The crystal was still there. She then placed her hand on her lightsaber - A beautiful, yet junky, curved hilted lightsaber made from scraps in Kautra's ship.

Moon opened the doors and made her way silently inside. She held her lightsaber in front of her, ready to strike - but it wasn't activated.

Element of suprise.

Serpe.jpg

(Delta73 did the sig)

Whoops. Is she underage?

Reptilia had missed, he knew that he didn't have much time to do much of anything. The fire that was launched at him were in the shape of arrows, all possible defenses flooded into his mind but only one stood out and that when he moved his arms in front of him and pushed outwards with the Force. It wasn't quite a Force push more of a shield using the same principles, but even with his best attempt at defecting the fiery attack he couldn't and the fire succumbed his shield, he ducks but it skimmed his back. A scream of pain escaped him but he muffled it, not wanting the Sith to get satisfaction from it. He didn't even try to stand but more so grabbed the door that he tore out off it's hinges and used it as a shield as he scooted away from any more danger. He felt another presence appear, at first he thought it was Sanj returning but felt that it was a much stronger presence, one that was familiar from his days as a hopeful. He ignored it though, he didn't want to be any more of a burden so he got as far away from the fight as possible and finally managed his way to the control room where he crawled up to a com station and found someone to contact, the Grandmaster.

repsisig.png

It was but a moment, a mere glimpse of the power the Jedi wielded but it was enough. Enough for Menthu to understand this Jedi was not to be trifled with. Yet even the vibrant display of power by the Jedi went unheeded at first, as the machniations of a would be assassin were instead thwarted.

While the young man quickly retreated under the fury of flames that beset him Menthu's eyes opened wide. Catching on a snatch of the Jedi's statement over the crackled of the flames surrounding them. Warned as he may have been it was not enough. Far to focused on the young assassin to truly move out the way of the determined Jedi.

A single slash and twisting flesh was seared away. The wound was but a graze, yet the Jedi's blow had caught him at an inopportune time, and had easily moved passed his defenses. Still twisting in his attempt to retreat from the sabers, he ended up sprawled out upon the floor. Yet knowing the danger of the Jedi quickly sprang to his feet, creating space and distance between himself and the Jedi. Though the conference room was rather small for a prolonged fight.

As long as there if fire to draw from... I shall have the ability to call on all of my arsenal.

A single gasp was all that was heard, as the Darth Raset aimed with a weapon that almost seemed to simply appear in his hand. So fast was the draw that the bowcaster was aimed at the Jedi before the movement of the draw was even registered.

Perhaps a different kind of Sith would engage in some badinage. Yet his entire focus was on the Jedi and the force. The pain in his side, seemed to fuel the rising anger he had at almost being ended in a single swift stroke. A dirty trick by another supposed guardian of the peace. Their order much like many in the galaxy needed to be burnt down and allow for new things to grow in its place.

His focus with the force turned inward on himself. Smoke starting to rise in small curls upon his body. Yet perhaps in perfecting timing with the pulling of the trigger the entire room was bathed in an eerie red glow. The source of the light being a small point in his chest that rapidly expanded outward. It was a delaying tactic, yet a fatal one. As through the force, all who caught sight of such a light would have the first taste of true fear. The unprepared might simply be overwhelmed into the flight response, almost as if viewing a wildfire coming to claim them and all that they love. Yet for others, its power unlocked traumatic memories of times past. Allowing the individual to relive the experiences, as if they were happening anew.

It was at this point he fired, the span of the entire exchange lasting mere moments, yet the implications were of a lethality meant to simply overwhelm the boastful Jedi. ROATSO roared as it spat forth its flaming ammunition. Three quick shots that even if there were to miss the target, would fragment on whatever they did slam into. Allowing for an even brighter and more vibrant display as a new wave of fiery projectiles were launched. In such close quarters, the advantages of fragmenting ammunition were of far greater number than a dual blade wielding Jedi. Wielding no less blades that even ROATSO could stand up against should the need call for it. Assuming the Jedi was close enough to reach out and touch some one.

((1))

Kautra was shocked to see such a fast reaction to his attack, he knew that it was a little low to attack a person's back, but from the way that Lord Hartels body laid on the ground, it seemed that this Sith had no sense of right or wrong either, he had let his emotions take over when he lunged forward. His sabers met flesh, but before he could finish through with his attack, Menthu slipped through his blades, and rolled back, getting to his feet and readied for an attack.

He had put a considerable distance between the two of them, though they were still in a rather confined area. The conference room was 40x40 meters big, and they both stood slightly a few meters off the walls. Before Kautra could react, Menthu had a weapon in his hands. Without any notice, the room had suddenly become engulfed in a blood red light that was emitted from the Siths chest.

Kautra heard the weapon fire from his opponents' hands, but no reaction could be made. The light that was engulfing him now penetrated into his head, ripping the vial memories of his past from the back of his mind.

The images of his parents' torture by his former Sith rulers seeped into his vision, clouding his mind and impairing his ability to move. He could hear the screams of his people, and felt the agony of his own torture for not serving the vicious masters. He could feel the hot whip sting his back again, a feeling that he had not felt since he was a young child.

The horrifying memories unlocked from his mind paralyzed him. But the Siths technique also had a different effect on him. The dark side may have spewed forth the dreadful memories of his past, but it also dislodged the memory of why he left the planet of Mustafar, to bring freedom, and peace to his people on his home planet. The light side began to fill his body, and he could feel the grasp of the dark side loosen on his mind.

For as powerful as this Sith was, he used a rather medial technique on one that has experienced so much evil in his own life, a simple Force fear was not enough to stop him. His vision and control began to return to him, he was able to see the bolts of light flying at him from the weapon his opponent was wielding. He had just enough control of his arms to move his saber to block two of the bolts, sending on to the ceiling and the other to the wall to his left. The third bolt slipped by his defenses, and grazed his lengthy thigh.

Before anything else could happen, Kautra realized the errors of his actions, the bolts that were shot at him were more than just regular blaster fire, the exploded upon contact with anything. The one he had deflected to the ceiling shattered, and began to rain down on him. All Kautra could do was attempt to ward off the falling shards of blaster bolts with his saber. He was not able to deflect them all, tiny shards sliced the remainder of his clothing even further, piercing his charcoal skin, tearing almost invisible cuts into him. He had enough time to ready him-self for the second bolt that he had deflected, considering the wall to his left was further then the ceiling was.

The second blaster bolt touched the cold wall it fragmented and exploded. Tiny shards of blaster fire erupted towards Kautra, but he was ready, and had a plan. The splinted darted their way in his direction, and he quickly positioned his two sabers to deflect them once more. He aimed the little slivers towards Menthu. He was able to deflect a good portion of them, but such a vast amount of projectiles was impossible to stop entirely in such short notice. Several found their way around his stronger defense, and dug into his body once more. He did not let out any cry of pain, because his mind was lost in concentration of battle.

When the last of the shards began their journey towards their source, Kautra filled his mind with all the purity and love of the light side of the force, and gathered it in one spot. With a single powerful push, the force erupted from his mind, causing a radiant beautiful bright white light to engulf, and disrupt the evil light that was emitting from Menthu. This light know as Force light, and was designed by great masters of old to help ward off the dark side presence that contaminated an area, or person.

Kautra could only hope that it would at least help with the Siths ability to play with his mind and maybe separate a little of the dark side from his enemy.

((1))

Edited by Guest

Moon, still watching the battle from the sidelines with a deactivated lightsaber in hand, watched the display of the Force explode in front of her. Her senses, both physical and through the Force, were overwhelmed, and she had to shield her eyes from time to time. Unfortunately, she had covered her face when a piece of shrapnel fell from the ceiling and hit her right shoulder. She winced and dropped slightly in pain, but regained herself within a moment and stood watching. She didn't want to interfere and possibly kill herself and maybe Kautra, but she didn't just want to stand by and watch...

She had no choice, she decided, after taking a deep breath and concentrating on the situation. He'll be fine... She reassured herself.

Just then, she sensed silent pain from her Master. He was too focused to feel it himself, but she felt it plain enough. This battle was beginning to anger her, and her skin began to redden. She kept her eyes open, and extended her senses around her, trusting the Force to guide her away from danger.

Serpe.jpg

(Delta73 did the sig)

Whoops. Is she underage?