Haruun Kal

BLCKCLONE

*Time. Or the idea of time, had become nothing more than a word. The healing of the temple's grounds, had become a labor importance. The soil that had been destroyed by frequent downpours of acid rain, now showed signs of new growth. Dry, arid dirt that lost all life supporting nutrients, had become dark and rich.

With the returning fertile grounds, came the wildlife that helped support the life cycle of nature. Small mammals scurry around the budding underbrush hunting for nuts and berries. The sounds of the airborne predators, circling above, watching the return of long sought after prey.

As powerful as K'munee was, he couldn't have achieved such a feet on his own. The presence of other warriors of light in the temple, gave him will and fortitude to channel such intense energies from the force. A similar technique was used by the Agriculture Corps during the republic era.

There was something troubling him, though. His students were absent from the courtyard. He had intended to teach then to commune with nature, with life itself. The exercise was meant to open them up to their enviroment and teach them how to adapt, regardless of their location.

His thoughts were sporadic, bouncing from the temple's repairs to the training of his eager padawans. There was something else though. Something darker. Visions. Past, present or future was unclear to him.*

Faces, someone familiar, but most were not. The banner of the Republic was visible in the background. A man is greated and embraced as one of their own, among the other beings. Scorch marks on the walls......a man is cut down in an office. A duel is taking place. Bodies are littered on the floors. The smell of residual blaster fire and burning flesh is thick. The final vision shows someone being cut down by a lightsaber.

*K'munee awakens from his meditation, eyes wide open, falling from his levitated position onto the new growth. He lay there for moment shaking his head, gathering his thoughts. The sky had become redish-orange with the coming of sunset. Dusting the moisture enriched soil off his legs and arms as he stood up, he took a moment to take in his accomplishment. The grounds were alive again.

The temple, loomed in the background as a reminder of how much work was yet to be done. He walked across the courtyard and up the stairs into the main entrance. The security systems were still off line, but he had repaired most of the locking mechanisms. The corridors were quiet. No one was visible, though he could sense others inside the walls.

Inside his room, he removed his clothing, wasting no time getting into the refresher. Feeling cleaner, DJK sat on his bed and began modifications on his lightsaber. He worked until he passed out, slumped against the wall.*

293az4x.jpg

"I am the punishment of God...if you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."

Dahar made his way back to the room he had decided to call home. For now at least. He pondered the great changes he had gone through in such a short amount of time. It seemed like only yesterday he had left his home planet in search of something more. It had taken him from one plant, to the next, and back to the first. He had discovered someone who would guide him in his new found understanding of the force.

He thought back on the lessons he had learned. Dahar had honed his meditation abilities. He was beginning to understand how the force kept everything connected. With it he could now feel the world around him. He was, with his eyes closed, able to pick up on certain cues from the Force. He remembered the exercise his master had conducted with the stick. With the force he was able to deflect a lightsaber blade. Dahar hoped he would someday be able to use these skills.

After a good night's rest and shower Dahar made his way back to the courtyard.

I am here master, what lessons do you have today?

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away...

After a trip of a few hours, I was more than ready to get out and stretch my legs, even if it meant trekking through a jungle full of biting insects.

My ship exited hyperspace close to the dense green jungle planet. I breathed deeply and with pleasure, feeling the teeming life on the surface. Quickly, I broadcast my codes and was given a landing zone near the Jedi Temple.

A few minutes later, I popped my canopy and took my first breath of the mountain air. It was very humid and warm, and I knew already that I would really like it here. Grabbing my bag, I decided to take my walk before getting settled in, and spent the next half hour strolling through the jungle, keeping my senses aware and staying relatively close to the temple so that I wouldn't get lost. It was a very refreshing walk, and I saw many beautiful species of both flora and fauna.

Finally, I worked my way back to the temple. I sensed several presences inside, but didn't want to bother them. An adept lead me to an empty room, and I showered and put on a fresh outfit before setting off down the hall to explore the place and hopefully meet some fellow Jedi.

aira%20sig%202016_zpsneqbkyej.jpg

Captain of the Galactic Alliance & Jedi Knight

*Standing in the main entranceway of the temple, K'munee bathed in the sunlight. The morning air was refreshing. The sounds of wildlife, flooded his ears, reminding him of just how close to the jungle they actually were.

He enetered the courtyard dressed in his traditional Jedi tunic. The recently installed generator and small shield emmitter were working perfectly. With the temple at full power, he was able to restore the hyper sonic deterants that kept the jungle wildlife at bay. While the shield was there to offer shelter from the acid rain that was slowly being resolved by the Jedi master's meditations, communing with the planet itself.

Dahar was present in the training area of the courtyard. He could sense Marius in the temple. DJK sent him a message through the force beckoning him to come out and join the training. His senses also picked up on the presence of someone new, although somewhat familiar. He gave this person, this Jedi no further thought, as he was training in plain sight where all were welcome to join in or watch.*

"I have opened your mind to a broader, new way of thinking. I cannot teach you how to wield the force as I do, because we all have different feats we are skilled in. What I can do however is help you think outside of the box." He said focusing on Dahar.

"I have sent a droid out into the jungle carrying something you will need to complete your training. The droid has been programmed with defensive tactics only. You must track it and obtain your prize." DJK said smiling.

"Oh, I almost forgot. No weapons allowed. You are allowed nothing more than your wits and the force. Remember your influence and manipulation of the force will be unique to you, although you will share common abilities such as push and pull. There are abilities that even I don't possess. Now go out there and surprise yourself." DJK said reaching into his pocket and tossing a small device to Dahar. "Just in case you get lost!"

((OOC: I want two creative posts describing your search for the droid and what special powers that you have in mind for your character. The droid cannot kill you, but it can stun you. Also be mindful of the wildlife out there. I will break up your posts with commentary to move the task along, if need be. Marius, you are included too. Have fun!))

293az4x.jpg

"I am the punishment of God...if you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."

Dahar took a look around the courtyard. It was in much better shape then when he first arrived. It was clear that other Jedi had arrived. He had met only two, but he could feel the others around him. Dahar was now able to sense the Force all around him. He could search it with his inner eye and speak through his soul.

Dahar knelt on the ground and slowed his breathing. He began to clear his mind and listen to the Force.

He sought through the haze to search out the droid.

Dahar sat quietly in the courtyard. Through his training he had discovered much about himself. He was now able to greatly harness his mind. Through meditation he had discovered the ability to communicate with the Force. He knew how to obtain inner focus and listen to the galaxy.

This came as a surprise to Dahar. That he was sharpening mental abilities that he never knew of. He was always a quick fighter, able to stay one foot ahead, and now he knew why. In this consciousness he was able to listen to the Force.

He focused on the task his master had set out for him. DJK had taught him much about the force, and Dahar had developed a trust in his teachings. He knew this mission was very important. His master had given something to this droid that Dahar would need.

Dahar quieted his mind and began to look around with his inner eye. Things looked much different when viewed through the force. He was learning to use his senses. There where many things moving about the forest. He could feel the energy coming off of scurrying animals and waving trees alike. It was all organic. But now he needed to find something else. Out in the forest he focused on the image of a droid. It was zipping through the trees. And then... another droid, the far side of the forest. All of a sudden dozens of droids were moving about. And they all looked the same.

• 5 weeks later...

Dahar focused on the image in his mind. Through the Force he was able to seek out into the forest. Dahar was gaining great control over his mind and found himself able to understand things he never had before. He could use the Force to see the things around him as they really are.

Out in the forest he saw projections of a quick little droid scurrying about. It existed in nearly a dozen places in the forest. Dahar thought about what he needed to do. Was he to hunt every droid and see if that was the right one? He calmed his thoughts and began to focus on the mechanical energy coming from the forest. His being was flooded with different sensations. He could feel the life coming off the plants, the solidarity of the rocks and earth around him. But he felt only one out of place item. There were not many droids, but actually one droid projecting itself. The projections were minimally felt through the Force, but Dahar could feel the droid.

In great concentration he reached out to the droid. Dahar could feel its inner workings, the metal and plastic parts that make it tick. Thinking about his master's lesson on the pieces of the rock, he grabbed each individual piece of the droid's insides. With his mind he slowed them to a stop. He could feel the droid become stationary.

With that Dahar rose and began to follow his senses to whatever prize awaited him.

The temple was soothing, a place of calm and sanctuary in the midst of the wilds of the jungle. As I walked through the halls, I came across very few other Jedi. It seemed that my kind were out wandering the galaxy, doing good, training padawans, and everything that being a Jedi meant.

I consequently spent a lot of time in the archives. They weren't very large or comprehensive, but from them, I gained a lot more knowledge about what it meant to be a Jedi. Various scholars, Jedi and not, had differing opinions on it. Some thought it meant being loyal to the government, while others believed loyalty to the Force above all was key. I read of times where those two sides had come in direct contact, and of what had happened in response. It wasn't necessarily interesting reading, but I did find myself enjoying learning more about the group that was now my people.

I kept my skills sharp by using the various training rooms, but when I came across a mention of Jedi healing in the archives, I was drawn to try it. I spent a few days shadowing some of the droid doctors in the medical bay, pestering them with questions, and even got some information from some of the adepts. I knew if I really wanted to get good, I needed to study under a Jedi healer, but I was confident that there were some things I could learn on my own.

--Incoming comm for Aira Cadan on a New Republic encryption--

"Aira, this is Onderin. Some things are going to be happening soon in the New Republic, and if you're available, I'd like you to be a part of this. If you're busy with Jedi business, that's okay, too, but the New Republic could use your help right now.

"If you choose to accept, I promoting you to Captain. I hope to see you soon. Onderin out."

--End comm--

3C12kbA.png

There is nothing good in war. There is good in why we fight them.

By the time I successfully healed several burns, a major cut, and a broken bone on my practice patients, I was exhausted and burned out. I left the training room, pleased with my moderate success, and headed directly to the mess hall to grab something to eat.

The food had a rejuvinating effect on me, and I was just beginning to think about getting a workout when my comlink buzzed. I was startled to see that it was from Onderin, and even more startled by its contents.

So Onderin wants me to come back... I mused. I wasn't averse to the idea; I had enjoyed my Republic military days for the most part. And it wasn't as though I was needed here. Besides, I had also heard that the Jedi Order was taking a big stand in backing the Republic.

It didn't take long for me to make up my mind. Forgoing the workout, I headed back to my quarters, grabbed my belongings, and headed to the hanger and the E-Wing that I kept in good condition there. A few minutes later, I was on my way.

• 5 weeks later...

Darla hadn't realised that they were so close to their destination. She was a little startled when the proximity alram went off interrupting her thoughts and the peacefullness so had been enjoying.

It had been a long time since she had been to Haruun Kal. It had been a long time since she had been around any Jedi other than Darex. She was quite nervous. Darla hadn't really been keeping up with the affairs of the Jedi at all. She had no idea what state the order was in. 

As she sat up to dress, her body ached. Her ribs were still sore and the burns on her flesh stung. She had forgotten all about her wounds and scars when she had been in Darex's arms.

All Darla had to wear was the hospital gown, she was going to look like some escaped patient. Especially considering the burn marks on her face. She was a little conscious about it, but she tried not too worry.

Once again she had no possessions. No clothes. No lightsaber. But none of that seemed to matter. She had Darex. 

Maybe she would build another lightsaber, maybe not. She would have to see. New clothes would be easy to come by, so that didn't really matter much at all.

She would need to get into a bacta tank soon anyway.

"Im as ready as I'm gonna get." she told Darex once she was dressed.

The two headed to te cockpit and saw the ship safely to the ground. Darla held onto Darex's hand as much as she could without hampering him from piloting the ship.

When they had landed she gave a kiss and said "Lead the way."

Rannrsig.jpg

He grinned at her as the ship came to a rest on it's struts. "Alright, then. I hope you brought insect repellent," he teased, "because the bugs here will eat you alive."

As the ramp lowered and they stepped out, Darex's word proved true. Insects swarmed around their heads, and the two made their way quickly through the humidity of the jungle to the coolness of the Jedi base. It seemed fairly empty, which surprised the Jedi Master a little. They were met by an Adept who assigned them quarters, as was standard procedure, but as neither of them had any real possessions to speak of, Darex first headed to the medical bay. He knew that Darla still needed medical treatment, and he was not going to let her worm her way out of it.

The medical personelle were efficient and cheerful. A Rodian approached and asked how he could help them.

"Darla needs treatment," he told the doctor. He gave him a quick rundown of her injuries.

"It looks like you could use some treatment as well, Master Jedi," the doctor replied.

He waved off their concerns. "I'll spend some time in a healing trance in my quarters. Don't worry."

The Rodian smiled and acquiesed. Darex turned to Darla. "Now, you make sure you get all healed up. When I see you again, I want you to be healthy."

He smiled at her and gave her a quick kiss. "I'll meet you later. I'll be in my quarters. I have a healing trance I need to take care of."

He made his way easily to the sleeping quarters, which were close to the medical area. Finding the room that had been assigned to him, he sat crosslegged on the floor, drew the Force to himself, and slipped into a healing trance.

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

As Darla walked through to corridors she noticed how empty the base seemed. It was a bit of ghost town. Just the minimum amount of staff to keep the facility running. It would a good place to relax and recover, but probably wasn't the best place to find a new apprentice for Darex.

She felt slightly strange about the idea of a stranger coming into their life. After all they had been through, she needed a bit of time to heal and get back to her usual self. Which she was sure she would get. It wasn't like Darex would get a new apprentice overnight.

Darla understood his need to pass on his knowledge and help others to learn. She herself had had an apprentice once. But Darla didn't feel like she was in any position to be teaching anybody anything at the moment.

You could teach the Padawans to loose control, make reckless decisions... Turn to the Darkside...

Shaking her head, Darla tried to get rid of the little voice inside her head. It was something she needed to address. Darex hadn't spoken to her about it, but she knew that it was on his mind too. Darla had completely lost control. She had become a savage beast filled with Darkside energy. In all she could have harmed Darex. She was so grateful that she hadn't. Even as out of control as she had been, she had managed to reign it in.

They would have to speak about what had happened soon, but for now it was time to heal.

The medical staff gave Darla privacy while she stripped off and climbed into the Bacta tank. Darla always enjoyed being in Bacta. Alone in the healing liquid always felt comforting and safe. It was kind of a time out from the rest of the world.

Darla closed her eyes and floated quietly, letting the Bacta work it's wonders on her damaged body. Her last thought before she fell off to sleep was...

At least I didn't loose an arm this time.

Rannrsig.jpg

A few hours later, Darex emerged from his healing trance. He shook his head, feeling a little groggy. He rose slowly, noticing already how much better he felt. He stumbled over to the kitchenette and drank several glasses of water to work some moisture back into his mouth. He grabbed a protein bar, and after polishing it off in a few quick bites, headed to the refresher.

He lingered for a long time under the steaming water. It felt good to finally be clean. When he got out, he noticed that while his skin had resumed it's normal appearance, his beard had gotten quite scraggly. He efficiently trimmed and neatened it. Hanging in the closet were several standard Jedi tunics, a common courtesy found on all Jedi bases around the galaxy. He found one in his size and pulled it on, disposing of his old, singed, holey one in the trash compactor. Next, he buffed his boots until they shone again, and then took apart his lightsaber.

He took care to clean each component of the weapon and make sure no dust or grime got into the inner works. When he was satisfied that it was in perfect order, he quickly reassembled it and plugged it in to charge.

Clean and reenergized, Darex spent some time stretching, working on his flexibility and making sure that all of his injuries were fully healed. There was nothing that a good meal and little down time wouldn't cure, he noted, pleased.

He finally settled down to meditate. He immersed himself into the soothing flow of the Force and thought about everything that had happened recently.

The fight with Kakuto had gone pretty much how he had expected. The Sith hadn't gone down easily; that last attack had been quite amazing. Darex still didn't understand how the man had done it, but he had long ago stopped questioning the power of the Force. He mused on the new point of view the Force had offered him during that attack. The idea that the Force was more of a whole than he had previously considered made him pause. He wasn't sure how he felt about it. On one hand, it made the divergence between the Sith and the Jedi philosophy seem much smaller. If it was really only a matter of perspective, then that had deep meaning. It meant not only that even the darkest Sith had an even stronger chance for redemption, and it also meant that it was that much easier for a Jedi to fall.

If I acknowledge this new point of view, what changes? he pondered. Everything he believed was still true, but he would have to be on his guard even more. By using the power offered by this perspective, was he using the dark side? He wasn't sure. He was beginning to really perscribe to the philosophy that the Force wasn't inherantly light or dark, but that it was a Jedi's choices that made the difference.

At the same time, I don't think I trust myself fully with that power yet. I should be cautious with it's use, and otherwise, continue as before. Darex knew that he was not exempt from the pull of the dark side, and that many great Jedi had fallen due to the most commonplace thing.

That brought to mind his relationship with Darla. It was complicated for him on more than one level. He felt like it was right, and he was determined to pursue it, but at the same time, he knew he had to be very careful. After all, love was a strong attachment, and the love of a woman had driven many notable Jedi to the dark side--the most notable being one of Darex's favorite tales: that of Anakin Skywalker.

And then there was what had happened during the fight. Darla had given herself over to the darkness within her and become a monster. Darex had feared for her, had recognized the fact that she was possibly going to be lost forever. It had been one of the hardest things for him to face, and he knew that it might not be the last time he would have to face it. The thought frightened him. She had always found her way back, had always been strong enough to pull away from the seduction of the dark side, but he knew that the next time she might not be as strong. Could he face that? What would he do if what he feared came to pass?

It was something he had been facing his entire life, he realized slowly, starting all the way back with Skye, and then Shy-Ree. And even after all these years, he didn't quite know how to reconcile it in his mind. So it all boiled down to this: Am I willing to take the risk? Am I willing to be emotionally and spiritually involved with Darla when I risk having my heart torn out by losing her to the dark side forever?

It really was, he realized, no question at all. The affirmative came without hesitation. He really loved her, and he was willing to take the risk in order for them to be happy together. If the day came when he would have to let her go, then so be it. He would deal with it then. But until that day, he would always be there for her, with open arms. What else could he do? To do anything else would be unthinkable because of his deep love for her.

The strength of his love almost surprised him. He had never expected to love anyone with this intensity. He knew without hesitation that he would always welcome her back no matter where she went, and that he would always accept her no matter what she did. It was like love in the poems and holofeatures, except more practical. And here it was, happening to him.

With a small smile, he turned his thoughts along a different track. He had come here partly because he was feeling the familiar pull in the back of his mind that he had always associated with the Force telling him to take an apprentice. He questioned the Force's wisdom, given his track record with padawans, then felt foolish. Did he not trust the Force? That was rubbish.

He immersed himself deeper in the Force as he meditated until he was almost swept away by the current.

FDY9u6P.png

Months had passed since i first returned to Haruun Kal, a sense of home and being developing once again within my core. For far too long i had wandered this galaxy, searching for myself, for a place where i belonged. Yet, while i searched, i knew of only one place where i felt the connection i sought after so aimlessly. It was here, within the Jedi Order, where ever a temple of the light stood. And so, as i returned to Haruun Kal, i returned home- to the Jedi. Can no one see the irony of my story?

Looking up, beads of sweat casually strolling across my forehead and taking root upon my silver brow, i gave a nod to my fellow adept as i gave a quick shove upon a chunk of durasteel that laid before us. My muscles found themselves in strain, constricting and twisting as the natural effect of movement took hold and my adrenaline began to flow. Determination was the look that sat upon my face as the two of us pushed against the weight of the large obstacle, and in moments, we had pushed it in place for the droid to relocate it.

"Not bad for a day's work, eh?" I spoke, looking upon the room we had cleared. Where once mounds of rubble and debris had clutter, now sat a spotless- near lifeless living quarters. With the few holes patched, it wouldn't be long before life once again occupied it, and in truth, this gave me a brief feeling of accomplishment.

"Not bad at all. Though it wouldn't have gone as well had we not had our metallic friends to help." He replied, nodding his head in the direction of the remaining droids as the departed.

"Now all we need to complete it is a fresh hot meal to settle within our stomachs." I said with a jest, a soft chuckle erupting as i patted him upon the back and led our way back toward the filling cafeteria. "Race you!"

Before he even had a chance to start, i had already darted toward it. Like two school boys, we made our way toward the cafeteria, rushing forth in an attempt to best the other in speed and luck as we dodged on coming traffic and wayward obstacles. I, of course, arrived first, my breath shortened by the distant run and a heart filled smile upon my face. Shoving the long silver locks of hair out of my face, i gathered a plate of food and sat down to eat. Night was falling upon Haruun Kal and my habit of watching the stars as i drifted to sleep was growing close.

Jin.jpg

2dsn11t.jpg

His meditations complete, Darex rose and stretched. Darla should be out of bacta by now, he thought. After donning his robe, he left the room. Once in the hall, he poked his head into the quarters next to his, which had been assigned to Darla. They were empty. He entered and made his way to the closet, grabbing a set of clothing for her.

He made his way back to the medical bay, hoping for a good diagnosis. When he arrived, the Rodian doctor approached him. "How is she, Doctor?" Darex asked.

"She has made an excellent recovery. The bacta was able to heal all of her wounds, and so she shouldn't have any complications. The only thing we weren't able to heal was the large scar on her face. If she wants that healed, I recommend she see one of the Order's healers."

Darex thanked the doctor, then went over to the bacta tanks. Darla was floating peacefully in one of them, the timer on it indicating she had only twenty or so minutes left in her dunking session. The Jedi Master set the clothing down, then settled down in a chair himself to wait.

FDY9u6P.png

Dahar carefully analyzed his surroundings. He had been able to hold the droid stationery in deep concentration, but upon breaking that state of mind he lost control of the inner workings of the droid. He still was able to sense where it was. The faux droids whizzed around his inner vision but he could sense the true device of plastic and metal. It was in cross hairs but moved swiftly through the forest.

The young Jedi quickly moved through the forest. The terrain was certainly not an easy pass but Dahar was in a good physical condition to traverse it. Along his path he encountered a dark green lake which blocked his passage. The Jedi hopeful carefully examined his surroundings. Large trees hung high above him. Looking up he was able to see the branches and leaves. Concentrating on the tree directly above him he reached out with the Force. Slowly but surely the brush began to shake, and a long vine snapped free and fell, hanging about ten feet above him. "Well that's a start" he thought to himself. Taking quite a few steps back he drew in his energy. He closed his eyes for a moment and allowed the Force to flow through him. With a running start he dashed towards the lake, jumping high into the air and barely grabbing hold of the dangling vine that would be his passage. The momentum swung him about halfway across the lake. Focusing on the air around himself he was able to bring a small gust up behind him, and with a leap just make it to the other side.

Panting he kneeled on the ground. For a moment he was very quiet and then suddenly...

"Gah!"

He felt a pressure in his back, and the next thing he knew he was frozen on the ground. His eyes were fixed on the sky above him. The mysterious droid whizzed past his vision.

A moment later Dahar regained his strength and jumped up to chase the droid that had stunned him, that held his prize. He sprinted through the forest ducking below trees and leaping over roots that tried to trip him up. The droid came to a sudden halt and Dahar could sense that it was preparing to fire again. Thinking quickly he reached out and connected to the trees towering up above him. He entered into communication with each cell of wood, bending them to his will. With a creak something above began to shake. A large branch fell from the heavens, and with a crack slammed the droid to the ground. It shattered to pieces. Flying from the wreckage was a small box. It landed a few feet from Dahar.

He approached it. Something was emanating from inside. The case was clearly made with care. He kneeled down and looked it over. Carefully he opened it. To his surprise it contained a beautiful sparkling crystal, glowing rays of a brilliant radiant purple. Dahar could feel the importance of this object. He knew not what it was but could sense the force deep within. With care he closed the box and picked it up.

He took the same way back that he had taken to get there. As he approached the lake he pondered what he had learned about the Force. Did he truly need the vine to jump it? Still uncertain of his abilities he crossed the same way as he had before, getting a running start and riding the vine over. He made his way back to the temple to find his master. Entering the courtyard he found Master K'munee waiting for him in meditation. Pulling the recovered case from his pocket he presented it.

"I have returned master."

Floating in Bacta, Darla slept while her body healed. Time seemed to slow to a stand still and she wasn't sure how long she was in the tank. Oxygen came through a tube filling her lungs and for a short time she felt at peace. 

Her mind began to wonder and her dreams became troubling. She thought about all that had happened on Bespin. She could only remember it in fragments. The darker part of herself had taken over for a lot of the battle. Either she couldn't remember what that part of her had done or she just didn't want to...

She remembered the visciousness of the battle and then she remembered the tenderness that came in it's wake. She remebered being in Darex's arms, being truely intimately with another in a way that she hadn't been in a long time.

Darla was once again in that moment.

She smiled at Darex as she stroked his hair as she lay next to him. As she pulled her hand away, Darex's hair came away with her hand. Shocked Darla recoiled. With his detatched hair came strips of skin. The more Darla pulled away the more of her lover's face tore free, attached to the hair in her hand. 

Darex was screaming, but Darla couldn't stop pulling. The hair in her hand had become sticky. Thick blobs of gore and blood fell with the strips of skin. As his face tore away, another face was revealed.

Thin pale, grinning, White haired creature that now lay next to her was soaked in blood. It was the unmistakable face of Kakuto Ryu that stared at her through the gorey mess. Darla wanted to be sick as she looked at the ruined pieces of Darex that lay in her hands.

"Why didn't you save me?!" Snarled the beast in her bed. "He left me to die you know!"

He pointed at the pieces of Darex in hands.

Darla screamed out in fear and anguish, the suddenly it was all gone.

She awoke as the Bacta around her was flushed away and she was hoisted out of the tank. Darla was startled at first but soon calmed down when she realised where she was. She was helped out of the harness that held her by some attendants and her breathing mask was removed.

Darla breathed in a long lungful of air. She was soaking wet and still a little shaken. A towel ws draped around her shoulders and she was greeted by Darex. He had some clothes for her; Jedi robes. Not exactly her clothing of choice but they were a lot better than the less than stylish hospital gown she had been wearing.

After drying herself off a little Darla embraced Darex. She said nothing of her dream, but surely Darec would know that she felt uneasy by the way that she clung on to him. 

"Thanks." she said, taking the clothes from him. "I'll just get cleaned up a a bit and put these on."

Darla kissed Darex gently on the cheek and then hurried to the nearest fresher. Feeling self conscious she didn't want to be standing around covered in Bacta reside and nearly naked. She washed quickly, got dressed and hurried back to Darex. Just before she had left the fresher, she caught a glimpse of her reflection and noticed the livid scar on her face had not fully healed.

"That was just what a needed." she told Darex, smiling.

Although her dream had been a little disturbing, Darla was feeling a lot better. Her body no longer ached and she felt almost human again.

Rannrsig.jpg

He had been leaning back on the wall, his eyes closed, just resting, when the chime of the bacta tank cycle being completed brought the Jedi back to the present. As Darla stepped out and hugged him, he was slightly surprised by the tightness of her embrace. He could feel that she was uneasy, but didn't know why.

However, she got herself cleaned up and returned with a smile on her face. "You do look much better," he said, returning her smile with one of his own. Then a twinkle came into his eyes as he wrinkled his nose and spoke in a teasing tone. "But now you're going to smell like bacta for the next few days."

They took their leave of the medical bay and walked aimiably through the hallways. "Are you hungry?" Darex asked. "Or would you care to see some more of this facility? The last time I was here was when I was teaching a hopeful class. I took my padawan Ulos here. I don't know if you ever met him."

Indeed, the Jedi Master's mind was filled with memories of his old padawan. He wondered what had happened to the man. Darex didn't play favorites with his padawans, but he remembered Ulos fondly. He had been a quick learner, principled and disciplined.

As they passed an empty training room, Darex paused and poked his head inside. The place was different than he remembered it, but it still boasted some of the same architecture and facilities. He turned to Darla. "Or if you'd like, we could spar." He didn't think he had ever sparred with Darla. "Your choice. What would you like to do? What do you feel up to doing?"

FDY9u6P.png

"You know, I'm not sure if I ever met Ulos."

It seemed strange to Darla that Darex had had an apprentice that she'ed never met. The two of them had spent so much time together over the past few years. They had had some time apart though. Perhaps it was during one of those periods that Darex had trained Ulos.

"To be honest with you, I couldn't think of anything I'd like to do less than spar right now. I don't have a lightsaber for starters, I lost it in the battle. I'm sure if I'll build a new one. It's the weapon of a Jedi and after all I'm not a Jedi... Even if I am wearing the robes." She winked at Darex. "I'm finally feeling... Well... Almost normal. My body has been through a lot. I don't feel like fighting anyone right now, even if it is just for fun."

She held onto his hand as they walked. Darla wanted to feel close to Darex, being in his presence made her feel safe. Safe from the dark thoughts and the things that lurked in her nightmares.

"I'd actually like some food. I'm ravenous. Those rations on the ship were alright but I feel like I haven't eaten real food in forever. So, you gonna take me out for dinner flyboy?" Darla teased.

Rannrsig.jpg

Darex grinned. "Dinner is on me. But unfortunately, dining hall food will have to suffice, as the Jedi are sadly lacking nice restaurants in our bases. I should speak to the Council about that, eh?"

They turned their steps towards the mess hall, still strolling leisurely, enjoying each other's company and the chance to spend some time together where they weren't fighting for their lives. It was really nice, Darex realized. If he wasn't a Jedi, he would be very tempted to sequester himself from the galaxy's problems.

His mind turned back to something that Darla had mentioned earlier about her lack of a lightsaber. "If I recall correctly, you did complete the Jedi trials. Unless you choose to actually cut your self off from the Jedi, you will always be granted the rights and priviledges of the rank of Jedi Knight. That includes carrying a lightsaber." He smiled again. "I know you don't consider yourself a member of the Order, but you will always have a place in it if you want it."

As they turned a corner, he drew her closer to himself. "If you want to build another lightsaber, we can easily make a detour to a crystal world. Indeed, if I get another padawan, we will have to go to one at some point. You can decide then what you want to do."

They finally reached the mess hall, and Darex's keen eyes swept the room. They lingered briefly on a jovial young man with hair much like his former apprentice Seraphim's--long and silver--before brightening at the prospect of the lunch buffet. He found a free table and pulled out a chair for Darla. "I'll be right back."

He moved over to stand in the buffet line, and piled two plates full of an assortment of dishes. Returning to the table, he set one in front of Darla and the other across the table for himself. He then got them drinks--a thick syrupy drink that he remembered from his last visit to Haruun Kal. Sitting down, he looked at his plate, then smiled up at Darla. "Looks like they are having a special local foods day," he said, motioning to something green and slightly slimy on his dish. "But anything is better than flight food."

FDY9u6P.png

It wasn't about what she was entitled to within the order for Darla. Darex's words frustrated her a little. It was hard for him to understand where she was coming from. He was a Jedi through and through. Darla had wanted to be a Jedi, but all she'd gotten was a sense that she didn't belong, didn't fit in. Her views were chaotic at best and her ways exploring the Force didn't fit in with the Jedi order at all.

But maybe that wasn't the fault of the Jedi. Darla had never really fitted in anywhere. There were a small group of people, Darex especially that Darla felt comfortable and safe with. But even then Darla always felt different. A perpetual round bolt in galaxy full of square holes.

Carrying a lightsaber gave a message. You were Jedi or you were Sith. If not you were some rogue element of one of the Factions. Darla had been all of those things, but that wasn't something that she wanted to be defined by anymore. It was difficult to be at such odds with the Jedi and the Sith Orders but carry the weapon of both.

It frustrated Darla a little that Darex suggested she make a new lightsaber that she was 'untitled' to it. But she knew his words came from a place of kindness and she couldn't be mad at him for that.

Darla didn't say anything on the matter. She would decide when the time came. By then she might feel different about a lightsaber. After all, it was her way swing from one extreme to the next.

When they sat down to eat Darla began to devour her meal with gusto. She hadn't realised quite what an appetite she had until she started eating. After all the fighting and stress, Darla's weight had dropped considerably. Her face was a little gaunt and her limbs edgy towards frail. This new body had never been quite as fighting fir as her previous one. After she had been cloned she'd had a plump, youthful appearance. She'd looked years younger than her actual age. The stress of the last year had taken it's toll on her. She was still beautiful, but the girlishness had gone from her body. Darla was lithe and feral, like some kind of feline.

The scars on her face only added to this. Her full lips and high cheek bones offset by the livid redness that marred one side of her face and the dark circles that had formed around her eyes. Fine line's had formed around her mouth and eyes. She was far from the girl she had been when set met Darex.

But he had seen her in battle. She'd been a monster, barely human. Scarred, bloody and ruined. The way she looked now was infinitely better.

As she ate Darla decided that she would get back in shape. Gain a little weight, get healthy and strong again. Hopefully in the process she would heal inside too. She would have to get something done about the scars. They were a reminder of Kakuto that she didn't need.

"mmm, 'is 'uffs 'ood!" Darla mummbled through a mouthful as she wolfed her food down.

She finished the meal quickly and set down her plate.

"I didn't realise how hungry I was." She held a hand against her stomach, feeling a little bloated. "I can't even remember th last time I'd eaten any real, food it's been that long."

After a few minutes rest, while she let her food settle Darla spoke again.

"So what's next? Do you think you'll find a Padawan here or are we going to go somewhere else?"

Darla was in no hurry and was happy to take things easy for a while. But she knew Darex was eager to find a new apprentice. Perhaps he needed a way to take his mind off of all that had happened. He seemed to be dealing with the whole situation very well, but she knew that it couldn't have been easy for him either.

Rannrsig.jpg

I was a different person when i was younger, refined and delicate, even brash and brave. I'd like to say i was three parts foolish and one part brains, but I'm sure others had different ways to describe me. As i ate my meal, my bites were small and my posture remained like that of a prince riding high atop a throne, prideful and classy. Though i did not sit alone, the meal remained quiet and uneventful, like much of my life until that time. Finishing the last of my meal, i wiped what remained from my lips and pushed aside my plate before conversation once again picked up.

"Ah. Now that hit the spot, Jeremiah." I spoke to the young Adept i had been boarded with, a jolly tone upon my voice which rose barely above a whisper. "I suppose i won't make it back to the room tonight. You okay with that?"

"You plan on staying at your hut, you old hermit?" He questioned with a chuckle, Jeremiah pushing aside his own plate. "I have no problems with that. But the Masters might if they catch you out after curfew."

"True. But what is life without a little adventure?" I jested back, both of us erupting into a whispering laugh as thoughts of the Older Master's faces came into focus. "Besides. It keeps them on their toes."

We pushed away from the table and began to leave, gathering our trays an bringing them to be washed as we did. But something, or rather someone caught my eye as i did, a spark of curiosity arising within the tapestry of my mind as my gaze caught sight of him. Off to the side of the cafeteria's entrance sat a new face, a man of regal posture and kindred spirit, and beside him sat a woman who seemed new as well. A part of me found it's self drawn, the hint of a simple hello urging to transpire, but instead i accompanied Jeremiah as i always did as we made our silent exit.

A few hours had passed by the time night had fallen completely on Haruun Kal. I laid alone beside a fire that i had built, my gaze lost as it had always found it's self in the stars above, the sight having always been a gentle comfort to me as much as a mother's warm embrace is to a child. Growing up, i had always believed it's cause to be an urge to explore it, to find myself among them. But now, as i laid there, i began to believe different. Perhaps it was simply my nature to see it's beauty and that maybe my comfort came from that very nature.

A gentle breeze blew across the open field upon which i had laid, the semi-tall grass dancing around me as the moon glowed upon them causing the evening dew to shimmer, like the heavens above had chosen to become one with the soil and rain ancient and magical gems for those to see that chose to look. Not far from me, near the edge of the forest sat my makeshift hut as Jeremiah had called it. But in truth, it was simply shelter for when i chose to sleep in this comfort i had found. Using a small container to douse the fire, i made my way toward it.

Jin.jpg

2dsn11t.jpg

Darex ate until he could eat no more--which was quite a bit. It was nice to not have to worry about anything except an overful stomach; this was exactly the kind of therapy Darex's mind and spirit needed after so much time of stress. He couldn't remember the last time he had felt this restful; it was probably before Faust had kidnapped Aerec and sent Darla to Kamino. A lot had happened since then--Aerec's fall, Darex's quest on Coruscant with the bounty hunter. Ilum. Geki. Kakuto. It felt good to let everything go for a little while. He knew he couldn't hide away from the galaxy forever, and indeed, he didn't want to, but he had been overworked and needed a break for his own mental stability.

He suddenly realized that he was watching the young man he had noticed earlier. It was as if there was something about him that was drawing the Jedi Master's attention. He shook his head and refocused his attention on Darla.

"I feel like this is the right place to be. I had originally set course for the Eternal Vigilence when we left Bespin, but I changed course when I felt Haruun Kal was drawing me. Whether that means that I will find an apprentice here or if it simply means that this place has something else in store remains a mystery, but I'd rather not leave until I resolve it." He raised an eyebrow. "As long as that's alright with you."

He stood and grabbed both of their plates, taking them to the dish droid, then returned and offered her a hand. They rose and walked down the hall in the glistening twilight. Darex could sense a multitude of things on Darla's mind, and, sensing that he could discern the direction of at least one of them, stopped walking and put a hand on Darla's scarred face. "Darla, will you let me try to heal your scars? I can't make any promises of success--you know I am no healer like Skye, or even yourself--but I think I could do it. You shouldn't have to live with them."

FDY9u6P.png

"Staying here for a while is fine with me. I'm not in a hurry to go anywhere. If you feel that the Force has guided you here for a a reason then we'll stay till you know what that is."

As they walked away from the dining hall Darex took Darla's face in his hands. She was a little startled at first. It had been her intention to seek out Skye for healing. But that was mostly because she wasnted to see Skye. Not that she was against Darex healing her.

She looked into his eyes.

"I'd... I'd like that a lot." She smiled.

Darla realised that Darex must've picked up what she was worrying about through the Force. It seemed that their bond was growing stronger. Darla took some comfort in that, but was also slighty unnerved.

There were still thoughts in her head that she didn't want Darex picking up on...

"Let's go somewhere quiet and you can give it a try." Darla took his hand. "If it doesn't work, it's not like I've lost anything for letting you try."

She realised that maybe those weren't the best words to use, but she had meant them to reasure Darex. To let him know that she was confortable with him healing her.

Rannrsig.jpg

Darex laughed at her last statement. "A very good point. You do have nothing to lose by letting me experiment on you. And I mean that in a totally beneficial way," he added with a grin. "I saw a nice garden on my way to the medical bay that seemed nice and quiet. I can try there."

A few minutes later they arrived. The twilight made the garden almost hum with peacefulness, and the only sounds were the gentle buzzing of insects and the trickling of a nearby fountain. Darex led Darla to a smooth stone bench and had her sit.

He kneeled down in front of her and placed a hand on the scar tissue covering her cheek. "Here goes," he said, and he closed his eyes, plunging himself into the stream of the Force.

From the viewpoint of the Force, it was clear to the Jedi that Darla's injury was healed. It was only the body's natural defenses that allowed the scar tissue to remain. With time, he knew the tissue would break down and shrink in size drastically, and that was a key to reducing it now. He focused down on the cellular structure of the tissue. He then simply watched the cells go about their work. It felt like hours that he sat there, observing, making no changes, but it probably wasn't longer than a few minutes. Finally, he felt that he understood the cellular functions enough to encourage a change.

His attention wavered for a moment, then refocused. Slowly at first, and then more rapidly, he began to pour the Force into the cells, tweaking the body's natural defenses and convincing the tissue that it was no longer needed in this area.

The tissue began to recede under his fingertips, leaving behind smooth, unblemished skin. He nurtured these new skin cells as they took the place of the scar tissue, almost caressing them with the Force. In response, they began to replace the scars with more...well, to Darex, it almost felt like enthusiasm. Darla's body was eager to return itself to a state of perfect health; Darex was simply helping it along faster.

After a long time, Darex felt like he had done all he could. Slowly, as to not shock his system, he drew back until all he felt was Darla as a whole. Then slowly, he let out his breath and opened his eyes, sitting back on his heels.

He blinked several times and looked at her cheek. The scar tissue was almost completly gone; all that was left was a small stripe about a half-inch long near her jawbone. He gave Darla a small smile and fingered the remaining scar. "I guess I missed a little," he said, surprised at how tired he felt. He rose and sat down next to her on the bench.

FDY9u6P.png

Darla relaxed as she felt Darex's hand gently touch her face. The two of the sat there for quite some time. To anyone observing it would look like very little was happening and seem a little strange. But within the Force, tiny movements were happening.

Darex's energy flowed into Darla's scar. She could feel it as a warm tingling sensation. Darla tok long deep breaths and fell into an almost meditative state. That wasn't something that usually came easy to Darla and wasn't something that she did often. Anyone who knew her, knew how hard it was for Darla to sit still and be calm for very long.

But she knew that she was in good hands and she felt safe. Gone was the need to be constantly moving and searching and questioning. Darla finally felt like she could just sit still. She knew that this feeling wasn't going to last so she was going to make the most of it while she could.

It seemed like hours had past while Darex touched Darla gently and she felt his presence through the Force. The silence was broken by his words.

"You missed a bit?" She said with mock shock, she winked ay Darex to let him know that she didn't mean it. "Thank you. I could feel what was happening through the Force. I think you've got it nailed."

Darla was a little sad that she couldn't quite grasp healing anymore. She hadn't really given it a good try, but she was afraid that she had lost the ability. She knew that there could be no physical reason for this, that it was all in her head. However, that didn't mean that it was nay less real for her. It seemed like it wasn't all that long ago that she was completely blind to the Force.

That thought gave her hope, she had come so far since then so perhaps one day she would reagin all of her lost abilities.

She lay her head on Darex's shoulder as they sat of the bench and looked up at the stars.

"It's getting pretty late. Maybe we should head back inside."

Rannrsig.jpg

Darex sat in silence, enjoying the peacefulness of the night as the stars appeared overhead. He stared up at them, lost in thought. The constellations were different on every planet, but he was sure that he could see Sullust and Malastare's suns shining quite brightly overhead, given their proximity to this system. And if that is the Malastare system, then Naboo should be right over....there. His eyes picked out a star that seemed right, and even if he was wrong, Darex decided he'd believe it was the Nubian system. He hadn't been to Naboo in a long time. He had spent most of his youth there in the Jedi Temple that had long ago ceased to exist. It had been a good childhood, but a lonely one. He had had friends, but he had devoted most of his time to study, preparing himself for the day the masters said he could start his Jedi training.

He wondered, as he occasionally did, who his parents were. It was just idle fancy; he knew they had died a long time ago and he had been left to fend for himself in the underbelly of Coruscant. He assumed he was Coruscanti, although his parents could have been from any corner of the galaxy.

He suddenly realized that he knew nothing about Darla's family. Did she have any? He had never asked her. He was just about to do so when she spoke, saying that they should probably go inside.

He smiled and pushed away his question. He could ask her another time. "It's true we've had a long day, despite not doing very much. And you need to rest; while your injuries were healed this morning, I'm sure your body still needs to finish recouperating."

He rose, and together they walked back to their rooms, which were right next to each other, Darex's mind still filled with thoughts of his youth and the vastness of the many star systems in the universe.

FDY9u6P.png

Darla was a little surprised that Darex had gotten them seperate quarters. The two of them had only spent one night together, but now that they had Darla couldn't imagine sleeping alone. Their relationship had blossomed over years, they had definately taken things slowly. But now that they were together, Darla didn't want to hold back.

"Darex... I've spent years of my life sleeping alone. I don't want a room of my own. I want to share quarters with you."

She worried that she would sound weird or that she'd frighten Darex away.

Striding into his room, Darla took a seat on the bed. It occurred to her that Darex had gotten them seperate quarters because he wasn't sure if Darla would want her own space. She didn't. She'd had her own space for way too long. She didn't want to be alone.

"Sit and talk with me. I'm not quite ready for sleep yet." Darla had been thinking about the past a lot, their past. A lot of her memory was still patchy since the cloning. "How did we meet? I can't remember. I mean, I know it was to do with Skye, but I can't remember the first time we met. I just seems like I've always known you."

Rannrsig.jpg

Darex's smile let Darla know that she was welcome to share his quarters. As she sat down on the bed, he joined her.

"Let's see...if I remember correctly, the first time I met you was after Geki tortured Shy-Ree and I." His smile had faded, but his demeanor showed no lingering pain from that incident. "Geki killed Shy and dumped me in the Last Call. You and Skye came to pick me up, and discovered that Geki was tracking me with nanites."

Technically, it wasn't the first time they had met. They had met once time previously, but Darex had been so wrapped up in Shy's troubles that it was no surprise that he didn't remember.

"I believe the next time I saw you was after my duel with Renin. You and Skye saved my life." His lighter demeanor returned. "That seemed to happen alot; you were always saving my life. Remember when I was in a coma? I wouldn't have made it without you."

It was clear that he meant every word. As he thought back over the years, he saw a multitude of good times. Yes, they were interspersed with pain and trials, but overall, life had been pretty good. He looked over at the woman next to him, and believed that it would only get better.

FDY9u6P.png