Artus Prime

Tarrian Skywalker

Mindan acknowledged, and assembled half a dozen operatives together, briefing them on the way.

”œGentleman, ”œ he began in his deep rumbling voice, ”œthis is not to be a shootout. This person has demanded an audience with Piccolo, and Piccolo want to know why first. Once in the hangar, disperse in a defensive containment cordon, and for sith sake, set your blasters to stun. No need to kill this person. Is that understood?”

Member of Jnet Addict Club 12/05

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

--Incoming comm from Sabian Devanus--

- A clear and pronouced voice was heard on the other line. -

"This is Officer Devanus of the Rebel Alliance. If you could relay this message to Commander Piccolo, inform him at his leisure that the rendezvous point with the Link regarding the meeting shall be taken place on the Upper Levels of Coruscant.

If you could send him my regards and let him know that I will be there ahead of time. I've also sent the co-ordinates attached to this message on the exact rendezvous point.

Officer Devanus, signing out."

- The message ended with a definite click at the end before cutting completly out. -

--End Comm--

Jak smiled. "I want to see him about the Black Sun." Jak laughed again. He drew his gun and pointed it at his chest. Prodding him forward. "Now you'll lead me to him or I'll put a blast hole in you chest. And drop the weapons behind you. I caught the glint on your entrance." Jak was not smileing. He was serious. His hand out of the sleeve itched to draw the blaster rifle under his coat.

vendetta2.jpg

Father and Mentor To Angel Tiberias

ShadowFett raised an eyebrow, standing passively at Piccolo's side, just behind his left shoulder. Things were suddenly moving rather quickly, and he could tell that Piccolo was being pressed for priority. And, like Piccolo, Fett could only do one thing at a time.

Unfortunately, he didn't have time to do anything if he was to be accompanying Piccolo to the Upper Levels. He assumed that the Captain would want him there for his various skills, and he wanted to be there to test the same skills. His high-ranking status would be useful here as well, but he could only await orders.

Mindan looked at the man, slipping his shuriken back into their sheathes, and did up his coat. Intimidation was a powerful tool thought Mindan. A pity he did feel intimidated by this man.

”œYou land in Black Suns hangar, demand to speak with the leader of Black Sun, and then threaten a peaceful greeting party who has come to determine if Piccolo does indeed need to see you, and expect that by pointing a blaster at me, I'm going to fall to my knees and beg for mercy?”

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

Jak nodded and put his gun away. He looked around the plance thinking of what to say next. "Well you seem like a good man. I would like to have your head as a trophy, but we'll save that for another day. I'm here to offer my alligence to the Black Sun in return for a small group of soliders or soon to be Mercinaries. I am a mercinary myself, but am haveing a few minor complications with the space pirates. If not my alliegence than I would gladly join the Black Sun. I have many skills that would be of use, for I was raised a mercinary. That is why I am here." Jak nodded. He let his finger off the trigger of the blaster rifle under his coat. The arm still did not return to the sleeve.

vendetta2.jpg

Father and Mentor To Angel Tiberias

Landing permission was transmitted to Lord Reign.

"Please head for hangar 1A, and a Black Sun detachment will be with you shortly."

Piccolo transmitted new orders to Mindan.

"Have this Jak fellow taken to a waiting area and tell him I will be with him upon my return. Then head over to the hangar and give the newly arrived Lord Reign a tour of these facilities. Treat him well, he is the founder of our organization."

Piccolo put the rest of the Black Sun affairs in order before he was finally ready to leave. He spoke to ShadowFett,

"I would like you to come with me to Coruscant. Follow my lead once we arrive and after negotiations have begun."

Piccolo stood and faced Fett. He understood he'd asked a lot of the man lately. Fett deserved an acknowledgement of this.

"I know you have objections to some of the actions I've been taking here. You have been the backbone of this organization for as long as I've been leader. Your the only operative that's stuck around with me in charge. It is my feeling that you represent the same thing I represented to Smash when he was leader. I didn't always approve of what he did, but I remained loyal. I am grateful that you fill this same role for me. Therefore, I think it is time for me to tell you what he told me. If I should ever have to leave my position in the Black Sun you will take over as the organization's leader."

Piccolo left then without another word. There wasn't anything else to say. He took his Firespray starship into hyperspace, heading for the Upper Levels.

Mindan listened intently to what Jak had to say. Nodding his understanding.

”œThat is much better. Professional courtesy will get you a lot further than threats. Ive received word from Piccolo. He is currently busy, however you are to be installed in a waiting room until he is free to see you.”

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

In the space around Artus, a ship glided towards the planet.

Jacen activated the comm and said "This is Jacen Onnd. I was sent here from Dubrillion. I am requesting permission to land."

silassig-1.jpg

Proud member of the JNET Addicts Club since November '05

"Jacen Onnd, welcome to Artus. We have been expecting you." Mindan looked at the hangar list to check which ones were vacant then spoke again in his deep voice.

"You have clearance to land in hanagr 2a. Follow the signal in. I await your arrival. Mindan out."

Signing off from the comm, Mindan looked down at the datapad with the information on this new arrival. He frowned slightly. He wasnt sure about the wiseness of having untrained recruits about, but he couldnt argue with the need for more personnel while Piccolo and Fett were off planet.

Mindan commed a small group of operatives to meet him at hangar 2a, to welcome the new recruit. he assigned another to watch the comm and radar units and to inform him when Piccolo and Fett returned.

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

Upon his approach to the landing coordinates given from the Black Sun transponder, out of the port side window, Reign witnessed two ships exit the base and proceed into space. He landed at hangar 1-A, then proceeded down the landing ramp, awaitng the Black Sun attachment to greet him.

He had learned from his shuttle's transponder lock on the two exiting vessels, that one belonged to the man who he had came to speak with. Normally he would have taken the actions of Piccolo as an insult, but he himself had been head of a vast organization and knew the pressures of being the leader. Perhaps his host had a prior engagement and would return at his earliest convenience?

A change of strategy was in order. Perhaps it was time to discuss matters the traditional way? Over comm. Reign always hated to talk shop over comm waves, because they were usually monitored by some information network specializing in intercepting encrypted signals. He would wait on Artus for a standard week, before attempting to reach Piccolo over Black Sun channels.

I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me.

nyzell.jpg

"If you would be so kind as to follow me Lord Reigh, i will show you to your quarters while you wait for Piccolos return. He apologises for not being ablew to greet you himself, but he is tied up with business and trusted that you would understand. "

Mindan turned and lead the way to the VIP quarters, pointing out feature that could be seen on the way.

"I will post a man outside your door as precaution against unwanted visitors for you Sir. you are free to dine with the other operatives in the mess hall, the Captain here will show you the way should you wish to do so, otherwise meals can be sent up to you. Please contact me should you require anything."

Mindan bowed again, having given Lord Reign his comm frquency and orders to the captain he was posting outside Lord Reigns door.

Mindan looked at Jacen, and studied the information on the datapad. Lookin at the man before him, Mindan spoke in his deep rumbling voice.

"Welcome to Artus Jacen. Our commander, Piccolo, is off planet at the moment. If you will come with me, I will give you the basic tour and then we'll go through a few training drills. I want to see for myself where you are at. Follow me." Mindan turned and wordlessly made his way to the main accomodation wing, pointing out the mess hall on the way.

"Your quarters have refreshment and comm facilities." Mindan handed Jacen a passcard, coded to his new quarters.. He gave Jacena moment to have a quick look and then turned and made his way back down to the training building.

"This combat training facility is always open, access with your passcard. Choose a weapon Jacen, and show me what you have."

Mindan waited until Jacen had chose his weapon, and picked up one himself, and waited for Jacen to attack.

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

Jacen looked at the weapons before him. He picked up a force pike and walked forward toward Mindan. He remembered him from his training on Dubrillion. He was an excellent fighter and Jacen knew full well that he hadn't a chance against him. Still he might as well try.

Jacen started with a low sweep to feel out Mindan's ability with the weapon he weilded.

silassig-1.jpg

Mindan watched Jacen pick up his force pike, and moved to pick up a simple staff. Moving it comfortably, he easily blocked Jacen's low sweep.

Circling each other, Jacen warily, Mindan spoke, beginning the lesson.

”œWhen fighting an opponent, whether you have weapons or not, you must always think three steps ahead. When you made that low sweep, did you calculate how I would move to block it, and what your follow up would have been? And that is the next thing. Follow up. A straight strike is going to blocked every time. A one-two attack has a higher chance of success.”

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

Lord Reign's followed his hospitable host through the corridors of the Black Sun facility. The place was well maintained and appeared to the untrained eye to be brand new. His host was very informative, answering all of Reign's questions promptly and with great detail. His tone of voice carried authority and regality. One could be fooled into thinking that his host was of noble blood. Reign quickly dismissed his last thought. Mindan was obviously a man who took pride in what he was and represented.

After being shown to his VIP suite and recieving the personal comm channel for Mindan, Reign returned the bow given to him.

"I will be fine here. Thank you."

Reign walked around his VIP suite inspecting all of the lavish designs and furniture that was used to decorate the room. He removed his jacket, folding it neatly before laying across the back of a chair. He stretched, exhaling heavily, while twisting his at the waste from left to right. He walked over to his large transparisteel windowand stood in front of it with his arms folded behind his back, staring out across the horizon.

I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me.

nyzell.jpg

**Jacen stepped forward.**

"You have shown me my error. For that I am greatful. But you also told me how to fix it. That was your error."

**Jacen calmly swiped at Mindan's left leg.**

"I am going to hit your leg, knowing you're going to block it with ease. But in turn that leaves your right arm exposed. Since I am weilding the pike in the middle that gives me freedom to attempt to hit your right arm."

**He did as Mindan had.**

"Knowing that a simple follow up will not catch you off gaurd I am not even to go all the way to your staff, but I am going to continue the first blow by attacking your leg while you think I am going for your arm."

**Jacen did so, explaining as he went, just as his trainer had.**

silassig-1.jpg

Mindan went through the motions, as Jacen walked him through the attack stepo by step. He was thankful that Jacen was so open to instruction, and that he had taken the lesson on board.

Mindan was doubly glad he was wearing his coat when the force pike struck it instead of his leg. He liked being able to walk freely. His leg was valuable to him.

As Jacen stepped back, having completed his instructions, Mindan looked at him.

"Well done Jacen. I believe you have learnt the lesson for today. If you remember to always think ahead three steps when fighting, whther its armed or hand to hand combat, you will survive. I believe that it is now time for the midday repast. You know where the mess hall is do you not? I will meet you there."

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

Jacen walked out the door, congradulating himself. He had, for once in his life, been open to instruction. He was grateful that Mindan had passed him for today's lesson.

He made his way to the mess hall, stopping by his ship to change into something that wasn't sweety.

He walked in to the mess hall, looking for Mindan.

silassig-1.jpg

Mindan looked up as he heard the doors open and close, and saw Jacen walk in. Turning back to his meal he continued to eat in silence, listening to the casual conversations of the operatives in the mess hall.

Mindan cocked an eye as Jacen made his way to the table and sat down with his tray.

”œI would avoid the fish Jacen. It's below average.”

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

Jacen ate slowly. He had not known that he was going to face another opponet so early. He finished his meal and walked back to his ship to change.

Jacen walked toward the training hall. He entered seeing the trainer. He walked forward an greeted him, waiting for instructions.

silassig-1.jpg

Mindan left orders with the duty officer in the command centre that he was to be alerted the minute a reply came from Dubrillion, and made his way back to his quarters to rest and refresh, confident in the trainers ability to push Jacen. Placing his Comlink on the bedside unit, he headed for the refresher.

OOC: As there is not a ”œtrainer”

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

OCC: It ought that it was hand to hand combat? But I'll play along.

IC: Jacen picked up a force pike and stepped forward to where the trainers were.

He really didn't have any expeirience fighting 2 on 1. But he would have to make the most of it.

Jacen came in on a low sweep, between the two making a split second decision on which way to go. He choose right because he had judged that by the way the trainer was holding the pike in his right hand his left was not as strong.

He hit the trainer with the bar of the pike but the second was already in action. The trainer hit Jacen in the back of the head, knocking him down.

Laying on the ground, Jacen tried to hit the second trainer leg to knock him off balance. This would put both trainers out of action for the split second Jacen needed to come up with a plan.

Jacen jumped up and jumped backward so that the force pikes that the trainers were weilding could not hit him.

Jacen went after the first trainer knocking him in the head. That would keep the first occupied for a couple minutes.

The second was already up and charging at Jacen. He lept out of the way just in time ot see the trainer rush by him.

silassig-1.jpg

OOC: Sorry”¦I had planned on that originally. However, I'm not really experienced in plain hand-to-hand combat. Sorry.

IC: The head trainer watched as Jacen took a blow to the head. However, he was pleased to see Jacen recover quickly. He grinned when Jacen returned the blow to the trainers head.

”œWell done Jacen, now finish him off, and even up the combat!”

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

Mindan awoke to the buzzing of his comm.

Listening to the message he stood and drew on his boots and his coat.

"I understand Lord Reign. I am on my way now."

Making his way out of his quarters, he strode smoothly over to the guest quarters. The operative at Lord Reign's door nodded as he say Mindan approaching.

He picked up his comm and informed Lord Reign that Mindan was here to see him as requested. Mindan stood at ease, and waited.

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

Jacen was disapponited when he heard the head trainers remark. He new he could do better.

He turned around just enough to see the second trainer slip slightly.

Taking advantage of the trainers momentary distraction, he hit his leg just enough to send him to the cold floor.

He turned back around quickly, and hit the first trainer n the back off the head, knocking him out of action completly.

He spun and saw the second trainer getting up. He stepped forward hitting him on the back similar to the way he had hit the first trainer. The trainer fell to the ground again. Jacen hoped that the trainer would not get up again.

silassig-1.jpg