Artus Prime

Tarrian Skywalker

--An encrypted comm comes in for ShaddowFett--

What's your statis ShaddowFett. The Boss wants to know.

Ki Vastor

---end comm---

KiVastor.jpg

Kheldar pops back into the bar, giving Ki a startled look.

"Wait a second.... Weren't you just here and- Oh, wait, nevermind. For some reason I'm getting deja vu..."

[meaning Alora]

The Royal Guard that held the most superior rank stepped out away from the others. He nodded, "Very good, Mandalore, sir. The Emperor wishes to know, that in exchange for helping him, that if you would be interested in using the Empire's resources to rebuild your warrior ranks?"

barabbas4.jpg

Wow, you're a sick bastard. I thought I was bad, making minions eat their own brains and all
MasterJediJesus: Now you're just being a [richard]

When I get angry, people start dying.

Firey hate shot through Fett's veins as the Royal Guard spoke. Adrenaline pumped with the two powerful emotions--two of the only ShadowFett would allow himself to feel. He almost killed the two guards before him just for forming those words, but he restrained himself. All that they perceived was a pause.

"Do not seek to appease me," he said with his anger subtley creeping through. "Give me my orders so that they may be done."

Just then a communication came through in the voice of Ki Vastor. It wasn't from the Black Sun base, Fett noted with satisfaction. It wouldn't be traced. He couldn't risk sending a comm back--the Royal Guards would certainly overhear his words. Instead he relayed the message to his droid on his ship, 2277, who would answer in the same code encryption, which the Empire would not be able to decode in a lifetime.

Then Fett waited.

On the ship, 2277 ran the message through the decryption code and translated it. He had heard everything that was being said between Fett, the Emperor, and the Royal Guards, so he felt he could give a solid answer. "Mistress Ki Vastor," he said. "Statement: It seems that my master is unable to answer this communication at this time. Explanantion: He is currently involved with Imperial forces. It also seems that he has accepted orders to destroy the Black Sun in exchange for his life. Apology: That is all I know."

The Emperor's shuttle landed on Artus. The Emperor exited the shuttle and approached Fett again, "Sorry, Sith business I had to attend to. I trust you've had enough time to think over my offer, Mandalore. Will you help me destroy Black Sun from the inside?"

barabbas4.jpg

Wow, you're a sick bastard. I thought I was bad, making minions eat their own brains and all

ShadowFett watched the approach of the Emperor silently. He was still standing in front of a Royal Guard, but he was no longer seething. Anger was not to be let rampant. "Yes, my lord," he said. "The Black Sun is no longer of any use to me or the Empire. Where would you have me start?"

It was right down to business with Fett. He spoke his answer with a small amount of conviction in his undertone, though he rarely showed any sort of emotion in his filtered-sounding voice. It was true that the Black Sun was not fitting to his definition of a good faction, after all. Agreeing with the Emperor now was the best way to go about fulfilling an old plan.

Now the Mandalorian stood and awaited the Emperor's orders.

Phillep stood aboard the bridge of the Star Destroyer and began to idly walk up and down the length of it, observing his crew, as they used all of their over-priced Imperial expertise to maintain the ship in an impeccably precise exact location, moving only due to the vibration of the ship's own engines keeping at a steady orbit above Artus. The several sister ships had already responded to his previous command and all stood ready to mobilize out of Artus.

So... they had been at alert for what seemed days now and frankly, Phillep was quite the impetuous young chap, so he ordered several flight wings to engage in live-fire training simulations.

From the belly of the MC90a, several Rebel-form fighter wings emerged and engaged a squadron of TIE-Ds, Interceptors and Fighters from the fellow Star Destroyers...

phillep.jpg

--Holo to the Rebel Alliance--

*Raiden's ass appeared on the monitors again, only this time with a smiley face drawn on it.*

The Emperor nodded, "All right, for my own purposes to ensure that you won't betray me, I will give you a test. You will command one of my stormtrooper divisions for my next attack. We are attacking Mon Calamari to draw out the Rebels. You will help me in this battle. If with your help the shipyard is destroyed, then you will have gained my trust. If not, you will die in battle. Do you accept?"

He pulled out a comm and send sent Phillep a message, "Admiral, set a course for Mon Calamari, but wait for my arrival."

barabbas4.jpg

OOC: Sorry, been caught up with other aliases.

IC: ShadowFett nodded, "I will succeed at whatever is required of me."

There was little to do but wait for more instructions. An attack on Mon Calamari would be rather effective, Fett decided. As far as he was aware, the peace had been too long in the making. War was good for the galaxy, and combat was good for its inhabitants.

OOC: My bad, gotta read this thread more often.

IC:

Phillep jumped to the Comm before his Comm Officer had a chance to rearrange his uniform to appear in the always, somber and formal tone of the Imperials, and screamed for all of his fighter wings to return to their docks.

"We're going to roast some Fish People!"

In the next few seconds, Phillep began to spring into the genocide song...

Genocide genocide!

La dee da la dee da!

Genocide genocide!

phillep.jpg

*Raiden's ass appeared on the monitors again, only this time with a smiley face drawn on it.*

Lord Barabbas was troubled when a trooper alerted him to the sudden loss of surveilance of the Sith temple.

"Lord Barabbas, the transmission was only a fragment from the Mimban system. Reports have indicated a Rebel and Jedi invasion of the Sith planet."

Cineon nodded, "Very good Commander," he turned on his comm link, "Admiral, bring the fleet outside of Mon Calamari's system and wait in space. I will inform you when to begin the invasion, keep the fleet out of the range of the Mon Calamarian defenses. I am going to Cardia for a short trip."

He turned to the bounty hunter, "Fett, be sure you do as instructed and see the shipyard completely and utterly destroyed. Do not fail or betray me Mandalore, I am not as forgiving as previous Emperors."

With that, the Emperor boarded his ship and left for Cardia.

barabbas4.jpg

Phillep's singing almost made the comm barely audible, but it was heard and relayed to all other vessels with the expert Imperial efficiency.

The course was plotted and they were off...

phillep.jpg

ShadowFett nodded to the Emperor as the great Sith Lord left. He looked at the Royal Guards still nearby. Turning on his heel, he made for his ship, the Night of Vengeance. It was clear that he intended to take it to the fleet for the trip to Mon Calamari, so no move was made to stop him.

They are such fools, Fett thought as he boarded. 2277 looked like he was about to say something, but Fett cut him off with a hand gesture. He lifted off and headed for the Star Destroyer nearest a certain exit vector as inconspiciously and naturally as he could make his motions seem.

Plugging in the coordinates of Coruscant, 00, which were in ships memory and required very little time to calculate, the Mandalorian continued to approach his selected Star Destroyer. He kept on going right up until he was practically inside the ship's hangar when he suddenly veered left and fired a trio of proton torpedoes into the massive ship's ionization reactor, leaving only a crater after a blinding explosion.

The ship was now incapable of firing its weapons, raising its shields, or jumping into hyperspace, for the reactor was its primary source of power. Backup and auxiliary systems kicked it, but the ship was very limited and still incapable of firing its turbolasers.

ShadowFett sent a comm to the flagship. "I'm afraid there's been a misunderstanding. Deliver this message to his highness the Emperor: when asked to betray his allies, a Mandalorian refuses--regardless of any incentive or threat."

Fett pulled around the Star Destroyer to use it as a shield and defend himself from the rest of the fleet and the immediately swarming TIE fighters. But it was far too late for the bounty hunter to be stopped. Pulling back a pair of hyperspace levers, the loyal Mandalorian left the disabled Star Destroyer and its capable comrades far behind.

ShadowFett nodded to the Emperor as the great Sith Lord left. He looked at the Royal Guards still nearby. Turning on his heel, he made for his ship, the Night of Vengeance. It was clear that he intended to take it to the fleet for the trip to Mon Calamari, so no move was made to stop him.

They are such fools, Fett thought as he boarded. 2277 looked like he was about to say something, but Fett cut him off with a hand gesture. He lifted off and headed for the Star Destroyer nearest a certain exit vector as inconspiciously and naturally as he could make his motions seem.

Plugging in the coordinates of Coruscant, 00, which were in ships memory and required very little time to calculate, the Mandalorian continued to approach his selected Star Destroyer. He kept on going right up until he was practically inside the ship's hangar when he suddenly veered left and fired a trio of proton torpedoes into the massive ship's ionization reactor, leaving only a crater after a blinding explosion.

The ship was now incapable of firing its weapons, raising its shields, or jumping into hyperspace, for the reactor was its primary source of power. Backup and auxiliary systems kicked it, but the ship was very limited and still incapable of firing its turbolasers.

ShadowFett sent a comm to the flagship. "I'm afraid there's been a misunderstanding. Deliver this message to his highness the Emperor: when asked to betray his allies, a Mandalorian refuses--regardless of any incentive or threat."

Fett pulled around the Star Destroyer to use it as a shield and defend himself from the rest of the fleet and the immediately swarming TIE fighters. But it was far too late for the bounty hunter to be stopped. Pulling back a pair of hyperspace levers, the loyal Mandalorian left the disabled Star Destroyer and its capable comrades far behind

I am nulling what is in bold. No personal ship can disable a SD with it's shields up in 1 post... - Revised ruling.

homealone.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since November 2001.]

Member of the Four Horsemen

The League of Shadows

The Black Sun Armada emerged from hyperspace. One MC90a, three Nebulon B Frigates, two Lancer Frigates, three Dreadnaughts, and one Lictor Dungeon ship. Seventy-two fighters emerged from the hangars within these ships, half E-wing, and half TIE Defender. The Armada stayed well away from the planet, out of reach of the Golan II Defense Platform, Turbo Cannons, and Ion batteries. The Armada spread to their defensive positions, shields fully raised. But the ships made no move yet to attack.

Duo grinned as he was placed in charge of something. He was a good pilot, of course his main area of expertise in piloting anything was in his mech”¦but he could make due with a Tie defender. He piloted his ship with a fair amount of ease. He gave out orders to each group of ships on what to do and where to patrol.

He awaited the command to attack as he zipped around the capital scale ships. He sent a comm straight to the bridge where piccolo was located. ”œI am ready on your command.”

Artus. The planet known for exporting cortosis Ore to those who would wish to stop a Jedi's blade from raining on their parade. Cortosis Ore was one of the only know materials in the galaxy that could take a direct blow from a lightsaber and emerge from the attack intact. But of course, the lightsaber would not be so lucky.

From behind the Black sun Armada emerged a ship that was unknwon to the Empire. Had it been unknwon to Black Sun it would have seemed like a threat with its 4 Laser Cannons bristling. Its Concussion Missile tubes untested in combat, but surely within moments, this prorotype ship would strike a blow against the Imperial fighter ranks.

A com rings out from the fighter and the voice of its pilot rings across the bridge of the ship Piccolo was commanding.

"Piccolo, this is Garou abaord the DarkLighter. Until you give the order to attack, I will keep my ship alongside one of the Dreadnaughts. Garou out."

The com closes and the small grey fighter could be seen speeding toward the Dreadnaughts. With a small spin the ship begins to rest between the massive vessels.

Darth-Garou.jpg

The Lady Indiscretion came out of hyperspace after several random jumps, also wiping the memory banks in the Nav computer so that it didn't show where the ship had been. She formed up along with the Black Sun amarda, her shields at full, her weaponry bristling and ready to activate upon the word. Opening a comm line to Captain Piccolo she announced her arrival.

"Just say the word Captain."

KiVastor.jpg

Kheldar pops back into the bar, giving Ki a startled look.

"Wait a second.... Weren't you just here and- Oh, wait, nevermind. For some reason I'm getting deja vu..."

[meaning Alora]

The Night of Vengeance emerged from hyperspace along with the rest of the Black Sun Armada. It had been a very short time since ShadowFett had left Artus against the will of the Empire and their leader, the Emperor. They had foolishly attempted to make a Mandalorian question his loyalty. Now he had returned with the power to make them pay for their stupidity.

Turning the YT-2000 towards the MC90a Starcruiser, the flagship of the fleet, Fett opened a comm channel, clearing his throat. He would have to do more talking than he was used to, for being specific made orders more aptly followed. "We don't want to have any single ship under direct fire for an extended amount of time. While the flagship can take a considerable amount of fire, there are ample turbolasers to do serious damage if allowed continuous attacks.

"This being said, I want the Dreadnaughts to form up around the Starcruiser, the frigates and Lancers just behind, and the Lictor in the back. I want all the fighters to form a screen in front to handle smaller targets and hit turbolaser emplacements before they can do any real damage," Fett ordered.

Not wanting to be held to a ship or a bridge, he had the Night of Vengeance join the fighter screen even as it formed.

Duo nodded to no one but himself as he received his orders from Shadow Fett. He did not question them, now was not the time. He just assumed that Fett has decided to take control of the fleet for this battle after all. He flipped on his comm after Fett cut his out.

”œYou heard the man, form up.”

OOC: Three-day rule for the second time this week. Pretty soon you'll have nothing left.

IC: ShadowFett's plan worked wonders, despite its simplicity. The MC90a and its support craft made a move straight for the pair of Golans, the fighters picking off the few squadrons of TIEs and Z-95 Headhunters as well as the mines with efficiency and ease.

A few fighters were lost, but only a few. Superiority of the skies was clear. An orbital bombardment from the ships following the destruction of both Golan IIs took some time, but reduced the base, not the mining stations, to rubble. The landing of Black Sun operatives added to the sweeps of fighters killed all the Imperial troops present as well.

Seizing the mining stations took little time. The Black Sun now had the capability of mining large amounts of cortosis, and had access to the already-massive amounts of unrefined and refined ore.

ShadowFett oversaw all this as best as he could, though he left a lot open to the commanders of the individual forces. Everything went extremely smoothly, and very few casualties were sustained.

Piccolo surveyed the destruction of the Imperials, relieved that for once luck had been with them. The Imperial defenses had been pitiful, and with their fleet tied up elsewhere the Armada had one the day. But Piccolo knew this could be a temporary situation. He gave new orders to Fett.

"Set up a command post planetside and have all the top ranking operatives meet me there. We need to discuss what we're going to do with Artus."

Three ships from the Imperial fleet exited hyperspace and set up a secure peremeter outside of the planet. The ships of the Black Sun fleet were unsuspecting and the Imperial ships got a few highly damaging shots in on the Black Sun "armada" before they even had a chance to turn around to attack position or put their shields up.

Several TIE bombers flew out and in turn began to bomb the surface of Artus. The plain and simple truth was that Black Sun had destroyed all the defenses in order to land. Now that they were on the surface they were sitting ducks. Bombardments were taking collateral damage to the new Black Sun encampment which had no defenses and the Black Sun fleet was being distracted as they were being overwhelmed by the incoming ships. Superiority of the skies was clear.

Black Sun was trapped...

barabbas4.jpg

Garous neon eyes glared as the Empires ships began to destroy the Black Suns. His claws tightened oin the controls of his ship, and he pushed the throttle forward. His engines blast fire and he sends an order 6 TIE Defenders to link up with him. Garou hears the whine of their engines as they bring themselves around activate their weapons.

Garou targets one of the TIE Bombers and let loose 4 bolts of crimson energy. He watches as two of the bolts miss and fly off into space, but the second two bolts strike true and the bombers explodes in a cloud of debris. The T'Doshok watches as the TIE Defenders take care of the rest oif the Bombers and then he focus's on the other three ships.

"Aim for their shield generators, we need to bring them down for the Armada to destroy them."

Garou takes his ship and the other 6 and begins strafing runs on the first of the three ships.

Darth-Garou.jpg

The three Imperial Star Destroyers deployed their squadrons. Dozens of fighters, interceptors, and defenders swarmed over Garou and his six wingmen, overwhelming them with ease. The remaining craft, numerous in number also, formed a defensive perimeter around the destroyers, allowing no enemy fighters to get near the shield generators on the ships.

The destroyers themselves continued to focus all their power on Black Sun's only capital ship.

barabbas4.jpg

Duo instantly brought his fighter around, commanding others to follow him. He rocketed towards the Tie's of the empire in his own tie defender. He had one ship on his left and another on his right. The other fighters going on the offensive with hit and run tactics to keep out of the fire of the larger ships.

The roar of the engines was all that could be heard at first, and then the explosions came as fighters began to open fire all around him. The crimson bolts flying all around, it took skill to avoid most of them. Duo flipped his comm onto auto speak so he could speak with his wing men.

”œFollow me, on my go I want both of you to move out in front of me.”

The missiles did nothing but weaken the shields of the destroyer they were attacking. Duo's remaining wingmen were quickly desposed of, as were the remaining ships that were under his own command. 3 squadrons of interceptors flew into a direct assault on Duo's ship, blasting his ship with continues fire, damaging the ship, and disabling it's engines.

OOC: Edit

[18:24] kOoLsTaRr69: do you consent to be captured in my last post?

[18:24] prophetsk: yep

IC: A tractor beam on one of the undamaged destroyers pulled in Duo's damaged ship into the hangar. The boarding crew pried the cockpit open and immediately began to beat the bounty hunter until he was passive and in binders. They then stripped him off his weapons and his clothes, leaving only a pair of briefs in which they supplied. The scanned his body with metal detectors and did everything possible to ensure he was not wired, tapped, or had any unnatural additions planted into his body. He was then locked up in a cage to await judgement from the captain.

barabbas4.jpg

It's about time the Empire showed up to defend their world, ShadowFett thought as a firefight was suddenly introduced to the space above Artus. Three Star Destroyers complicated things. While an MC90a was one such ship's match and the Black Sun support ships were at least capable of taking on the other two, the Empire greatly outnumbered them in fighters.

And those fighters would make all the difference.

The Mandalorian now in charge of the Armada ordered all the capital and war ships to regroup and form up. They would last much longer in a tight, defensible group than they would seperately. Fett formed a similar group to that which he had lead the attack with, though he brought the dungeon ship up to be used along side the Dreadnaughts.

The Star Destroyers were forced to take the offensive, and they were thus assaulted by the combined fire of several warships and the MC90a with its great banks of fire-linked turbolaser and Ion cannon. The three together made it difficult to concentrate all fire, but the center ship was targeted by the Black Sun. Its shields began to weaken and threatened to collapse after only a few minutes.

Fett was not stupid. He knew that this was a fight that the Black Sun could not win on their own. He needed to somehow send word to a greater force, perhaps the Alliance. However, all outgoing messages were sure to be intercepted by the Empire, and the Armada was caught between the Star Destroyers and Artus itself.

Meanwhile, his own ships were holding rather well. A screen of E-wings and TIE Defenders kept most enemy starfighters out and away from the capital ships, especially with the aid of the pair of Lancer frigates, whose twenty quad laser turrets were outfitted with state-of-the-art tracking systems. The Star Destroyers were too large to be able to concentrate fire on the same target, and the smaller Black Sun ships took enough fire to keep the MC90a safe.

Explosions rocked the DarkLighter as the 6 Defenders were destroyed around him. He could pieces of the fighters scrape against his hull as his own ship emerged unharmed by any of the Imperial fighters. He watched through glowing eyes as the ships of the Armada moved into a more defensive formation. Pushing the throttle forward he flew towards the ships and began to aid in the defense of the ships.

Using the Force he was able to sense a pair of TIE Interceptors follwing behind him and he began to use some dangerous evasive manuevers. He knew his ship was more agile than the Interceptors, so all he had to do was outfly them. He jerked the controls hard to the left and he was almost able to see the Interceptors as they tailed him.

Garou checked his sensors and saw that one Interceptor and broken off the chase while the other one had chosen to remain with him. He smiled and began thinking to himself. Suddenly the TIE Interceptpor began to fire its laser cannons and the T'Doshok felt his ship shudder as blast after blast rocked his ship.

"Ok I have had about enough of this crap."

Garou activate the reverse thrusters and he watches as the Interceptor flies past him. The Sith Bounty Hunter fires several blasts from his laser cannon and watches as the Interceptor is destroyed.

Garou brinugs his ship back into the Armadas defense and begins picking off ships as they slip ast the Black Sun weapons.

Darth-Garou.jpg

*Jaster's Ewing came out of its jump in the middle of a fire fight.*

"Nenil! Bring up ships, identify Black Sun registries in green, Empire registries in Red, foreign ships in yellow."

*Blips appeared all over his holo screen. 12 blips suddenly materialized behind him. His squadron had appeared. He pressed his squad comm.*

"Purple Wing, this is Purple One. Upsilon. Defensive position. Stand by for further instructions."

*He commed for Pic, Fett, or the Doshan.*

"Jaster to Black Sun leaders. Purple Squadron awaiting orders. I repeat, Purple Squadron ready for orders."

jastah-champ.gif

Member of Tha Dogg Pound since Aug. '03

{P.I.M.P.}

Most Sacred order of the Nocturnal