Ossus

Tarrian Skywalker

Gavin nodded to both of them, a bit suprised at their particular choices. If anything he thought that the two would have switched roles, but that wasn't his choice. He thought back to his own choice to become a Sentinel. Back in his day ther had only been three classes and the choice had been easier. Perhaps it was time to get a bit more specific and go more in depth, but that would have to wait until a different time.

"I'm not going to confirm nor deny my being the Jedi here. I have learned a few things about the Force from the Jedi around these parts and that I'm a Force-sensitive, but all this needs to be discussed at a later time. Now lets walk."

Gavin slowly stood and walked out the door. He began walking through the old abandoned temple staring at all the plant growth and animals that had made the run down temple their own. He smiled, feeling their fear as the four new figures moved through the halls. They arrived at the old council romm and Gavin used the Force to pull the doors open. He entered and took a spot in front of one of the floor to ceiling windows. He looked out over the lush green forest, a smile once again resting on his face.

"Tell me, on your way here, what did we do? I want an answer from both of you, and don't be afraid to go in depth. This will tell me how far you need to go on your journey through the ways of the Force..."

gavinryaro1.jpg

"All that is nessacary for evil to succeed is for the good men to do nothing." -Lt. Roy Sanders

He looked around, slightly confused by the question. He looked to the force-sensitive, then to the other Jedi prospect, then to the windows looking out onto the forest before speaking up. "Well the most obvious thing is that we just walked from one place to another. From what I can tell, it seems as if the temple is returning to the planet, and nature is taking its place once again."

He walked right up to a busted out window, looked out to the forest, and took a deep breath of fresh air. "I've never been quite good at riddles. Personally, I hate them. I feel they are just a way to cover up truth and confuse people. Although, I must say, I did notice the typical skittishness of the fauna as we worked our way here. Now I don't quite know what you mean by what we did on our way here, but thats about the best answer I can give you with the given information."

He laughed at himself and his foolishness, "I guess thats why I chose the path of guardian. I have been told all my life I was bright, but I just thought it was luck that got me through. I always thought I was better at physical activities than activities of the mind myself."

He sighed to himself as he recollected his past, "My mother wouldn't have it though, she didn't want another Jedi in the family. Always going on about losing a brother and a husband to the force. She always told me to focus on schoolwork and be rational rather than chasing 'dreams' and 'fantasy entities' like the force. But thats neither here nor there, because that doesn't answer your question. I feel that it helps to let my... inadequacies... be known rather than hide behind a veil of feigned knowledge."

solen2sigcu7.png

He listened to the question as he looked around the place, plants were starting to grow through out the hall way, animals wondered the hallways bravely. He listened to Solen speak as he thought about what to say, how could he tell them he doesn't know things about the Force. "I don't think he was talking about walking. I think he wants to know where did we come from." He was staring out a window as though he was looking for something.

"I came from Corilla and made a blind jump, when I came out of hyperspace I felt as though someone or something was calling me to land. My grandfather use to be a Jedi Knight, he went into hiding changed his name, got married and had kids. Before I left home he told me to seek out the Jedi."

The fresh air was refreshing, his long hair swayed in the breeze. He turned to the man who claims he isn't a Jedi. "Your asking us about what we did when we got here or some thing along those lines. What about you? what brought you here? also if your not the Jedi we seek then why do you want to know how far we would need to go on our journey through the ways of the Force?" He stared at the man not blinking or looking away, he didn't mind riddles but what he's been through he really didn't have enough tolerance for much.

Gavin frowned. The latest answer was almost disturbing.

"When you become a Knight and have an apprentice we'll let you ask the questions, as for now I ask that you have a little bit more respect for myself, and our other friend," he said nodding to Solen, "as he was right. When I asked my question, you'll notice that I said we, meaning our journey to this spot. In our walk what did you do? But we will stop with that for right now."

"You seem...too assuming. Things are not always as they seem, and sometimes having fun during your training is best. Patience is a virtue. Sometimes waiting is best. This is something that you must learn. I'll go ahead and tell you that yes, I am the Jedi here, though it would have been more fun if you had let me do my job. My name is Gavin Ryaro and I am a native Coruscanti. I began my Jedi training on this very planet under a Jedi Master by the name of Damon."

"Now, your answers have awakened me to something. You see, this planet is supposed to be the second strongest with a pull of the Force. I was hoping that somewhere along the way you would feel the pull of the Force, but I guess that your eyes must be open for that to happen."

Looking at the two in front of him, it was clear that they were confused about what he was talking about.

"I do not mean the things in you sockets, but you must be one with the Force, and that is the first thing you will learn. You will learn to feel the things around you and know them. I want you both to close your eyes and focus. Reach out into the things around you and open yourself up to the Force."

As Gavin instructed he remembered his first time at trying to do this. He once again became the learner, reaching out to the things around him. Gavin reached out again, finding a singular thing and focusing in on it. It was a small rodent, and a vision of food instantly came to Gavin. He reached out to another presence, a plant. Visions of sunlight and water burst on his mind.

Next he came to himself. He looked down deep, deep as he could. To fight these evil men. He pushed these thoughts away, then sought to clear his mind. He let all his fears trickle away, flowing out of him, and the planet embraced them, allowing him clarity of mind. He felt...open, as if he was ready to recieve the things being pushed upon him. He could more clearly sense the things around him. He smiled, hoping this is what his apprentices would do.

gavinryaro1.jpg

"All that is nessacary for evil to succeed is for the good men to do nothing." -Lt. Roy Sanders

He looked away from the Jedi and listened to what he was saying. "Sorry master I will do better to show some respect." He was staring out of the window and into the forest, this planet was calling to him. For the first time he could relax which to some point worried Shryne. He never liked letting his guard down but something was telling him it was okay to be vulnerable.

'This planet is strong in the Force? He thought to himself as he was not watching his master. 'Reach out and open myself to the Force' he told himself as he slowly closed his eyes.

He relaxed his body forcing the muscles to relax, he steadied his heart beat and cleared his mind. As he took in a deep breath, he felt something hit him; not physically but in a different way, he couldn't hear anything. Just then a vision flashed be for him, a vision of his grandfather smiling at him. Then the vision vanished and another appeared this vision was of his old boss who turned out to be a slave runner for the Hutts.

Fear started to rise in him he was worried that the others would be able to see his vision. He opened his eyes then shook the feeling of fear off 'I can do this'he said to himself as he closed his eyes, and again the Force rushed in on him. He reached out through the Force and touched a rather large bolder, as soon as he touched the bolder a vision of foundation appeared.

He smiled as the peace started to over flow him he reached out and touch a bird sitting on a tree branch singing. When he touched the bird he saw freedom as though he could see the birds memory he thought he was flying. He also saw peace as a song rang through his head. Before he opened his eyes he saw his grandfather smiling at him " I'm proud of you shryne" His grandfather said to him as he opened his eyes. A tear streaked down his cheek as he looked out the window.

Solen closed his eyes slowly, still unsure on what the Jedi meant. He wondered if the Jedi meant what he had felt earlier, the strange reverberations. He took a deep breath in through his nose and blew it out through his mouth, then repeated the process several times as he tried to focus on the energy within. He slowly began to feel the echoes and reverberations again. The first thing that came to him was a flying creature, swooping around and around, searching for prey. He turned his attention downward, and felt a small rodent, trembling in fear of the flying hunter. He focused on something closer and found the two men standing near him, though he couldn't quite make out what they were thinking.

He then expanded his reach and felt the various flora and fauna around him, as their thoughts all overwhelmed him. He fell to his knees and huddled over, clasping his hands to his head, trying to silence them. He opened his eyes and all he saw was neverending darkness all around him. He called out to the other two men, then to his R9 unit, but to no avail. He reached down into his own power and felt something tugging at him, calling him. His heart started beating so hard and so rapidly it felt like it would burst from his chest. He placed his hand over his chest to keep his heart from leaping out of it. It was then that two men walked from the darkness, coming into focus slowly. He smiled as he saw that it was his father and his uncle. They looked down upon him with menacing scowls, as they pulled their lightsabers to the ready.

He looked at them, confused, as they ignited their blades and came towards him ever so slowly. He reached for his weapons, but to his surprise, they weren't present. He cursed as he realized even his blaster was missing. He reached his hand out in an effort to stop them from coming forward. He covered his eyes with his arm and turned his head away, trying not to watch his oncoming doom. He suddenly felt a dark power well up from within him and a tingling came down through his arm to his fingertips. From his fingertips shot bolts of blue lightning, striking down both his uncle and his father, burning them to a crisp instantly.

The smell was pungent in his nostrils and made his eyes water. He turned to look and saw their charred remains and saw the lingering electricity coming from his hand. The sudden realization that he had just killed his father and uncle once again shocked him and caused him to throw up right there. He closed his eyes and wished for it all to stop, and as he lay there huddled, the darkness seeped back away. He began to hear the noises of the forest once more and he heard Clunker beeping worriedly. He opened his eyes and saw the other Jedi standing there, looking at him strangly as he lay huddled on the floor. He stood up and brushed himself off, then straightened his clothes out before looking at them both and asking "What?" incredulously, as if nothing had just happened.

solen2sigcu7.png

Gavin reached out as the two men began to follow his instructions. He could see into their inner beings, studying their thoughts and feelings. He was suprised to find such conflict swelling in both of them. Was there such swelling in me? he wondered as he continued to monitor their progress. He looked for his center and continued his monitoring. He could feel them looking for what he had described to them, searching for their inner peace.

One thought in particular startled him, shaking his concentration, almost breaking his connection to the Force. Solen's mind was troubled, deeply troubled. Blue lightning flashed out of Solen's fingertips, leaping into the two other men in the vision. How was this possible? Was this a vision of the future, or a possibility? How could Gavin have let this happen? Surely his training wasn't that bad. All he knew was that he could have this taint his reputation. He couldn't let another good man fall to the Sith.

But if Solen knew he knew then it would effect their relationship as Master/Padawan, so Gavin decided to continue as if nothing had happened.

"Good, both of you are doing well. Now we will move on."

He walked over to a crumbling rack and picked up two remotes and two training lightsabers. He tossed a lightsaber to each of his padawan's and activated the remotes.

"You will use the lightsaber to deflect blaster bolts back at the orb. As soon as I deem you effecient, we will make it more...interesting. You must reach out to the Force, anticipate the remotes actions. Only then will you begin to unravel the mysteries the Force holds for you."

gavinryaro1.jpg

He shrugged off the feelings of doubt and sorrow the vision had brought him and caught the lightsaber effortlessly. He examined it thoroughly, looking at every single minute detail of the hilt. Then, he activated it and swung it around to get a feel for it. It was quite a bit lighter than his swords, and actually even lighter than his father's was. He was too busy fiddling around with the lightsaber to notice that the remote had been swishing around him.

Before he even realized it, the remote zapped him with one of it's bolts. "OW! Dammit!" he shouted before grumbling about the remote. The remote fired another blast at him and he swung the lightsaber to dodge. He miscalculated though, and put too much force into his swing, allowing the remote's blast through. "ACK!" he exclaimed before saying "Okay, time to get serious."

He took the saber in hand and stood in a ready stance, focusing intently on the remote. The remote swished all over a few more times before blasting at him again. This time, he swung the saber with a little less force. Unfortunately it wasn't enough and he got zapped yet again. He grunted and growled at the remote before going back into ready stance. The remote swished back and forth a couple times before blasting again.

This time, Solen swung his saber exactly right, deflecting the bolt off into the floor. He held both hands in the air in victory and laughed aloud at the remote. The remote, in return, zapped him again. "OOOOW!" he exclaimed once more. This time, as he turned to look at the remote, a sense of hatred came over him.

He rushed at the remote with abandon, roaring loudly, deflecting every shot it made at him as it swished around to avoid his strikes. Finally he jumped over the remote, flipped towards it in midair, and cleaved it in two as he came down to the ground. He deactivated the saber and held it out in his hand, examining it yet again. He looked over to the Jedi and nodded solemnly before walking towards him.

He held out the lightsaber to return it to him and spoke up, "Sorry I broke your little flying thingie." The rage and hatred all gone from his eyes now, and only a warm compassion remaining.

solen2sigcu7.png

Catching the training saber in his left hand and activating it as soon as he had a firm grip on the hilt. The thin cylinder handle hummed in his hand as the white blade appeared out of the tube. He moved away from Solen, given space between the two of them, the hilt felt light in his hand which meant he could move the saber just a little faster then normal. He swung the blade around as though he was fighting an invisible enemy, when he was satisfied with himself he turned in time to see a laser bolt shot towards him.

Not reacting in time Shryne caught a shot on his left cheek. The smell of burned skin filled the air but it didn't bother him, he spread his feet shoulder width apart and set his feet. When the next shot was fired he was able to deflect it towards the wall; instead of celebrating of his achievement he stayed focused and blocked another shot towards the ground.

Moving around the room slowly the remote floated from left to right, rising and falling when it wanted too and fired randomly. A three burst shot was fired from the small remote he was able to deflect the two shots with ease but the third one caught him in the knee. He flinched but continued to stay focused. Soon he found himself flooded by the Force, his movements became quicker and more accurate. Slowly Shryne closed his eyes only to feel everything through the Force, as he closed them the remote seemed to favor this. Firing more freely at him as it floated in a set pattern. He twirled the blade around as he deflected the shots as he deflected the shots he started to become arrogant.

He deflected a shot that landed by his master's feet and another that just missed the droid. When he opened his eyes his arrogance was through the roof, he thought that he could block any shot that was fired at him. Turning only in time for two shots to be fire towards him, he deflected the one but the other escaped his saber and hit his eyes. Dropping the saber as it deactivated he dropped to his knees holding his face."AAAHHH!!!!" Hunched over on his knees he removed his hands but couldn't see, he could feel and smell blood on his hands. "I..I can't see" The arrogance that was building inside of him was gone, fear slowly crept in as he sat on his knees. He closed the eye lids that were singed by the blast.

He drew on the Force to comfort him, but to his surprise he could see through the Force. He could feel his Master and Solen more clearly, more then he could when he could see. He tore off a long piece of cloth from his sleeve and wrapped it around his eyes. "Master...I'm sorry my arrogance took the better of me. I do not wish for treatments so that this may be a reminder to me that arrogance can cost more then your eyes." He stood up taking the saber in his hand and keeping it off as he stood to his feet.

As the blast hit his apprentice's eyes, Gavin moved quickly to his side, laying a hand on his shoulders. He listened to the request for no treatments, and his mind immediatley began yelling at him that Shryne was just being a stubborn mule, and that he needed treatment now. but another part of him was torn by the fact that it was his apprentice's request, and that he wanted this reminder. "Hold that thought," he said as he turned towards Solen.

"Though you may think that you can hide your emotions from me, you can't. Nor can you hide them from the Force. I can feel the rage inside of you. You must learn to let that go if you ever hope to become a Jedi Knight. You have much potential, but you still have much to learn. I wish you to go into the forest. Find your inner peace, take out your agression. I know that it is unconventional, but it will help. Look deep inside yourself, find the peace that I seek for you. I wish you luck. Return in 24 hours."

((Solen- I want a no less than 750 word post on this task. It may seem like I'm giving you busy work, but trust me, it can be great character development, if you let it be. Have fun with it.))

Gavin now turned back towards Shryne. He was worried about both of the two men. They had dark tendencies, that he knew could lead to the Dark Side.

"As a Jedi Knight, I tend not to train by pain, if you will. It speaks of the Dark Side, and I would rather not have you learn that way either. If you are absolutely adamant about not recieving treatment, I will respect your wishes, but you would do well to get help, as you could potentially go blind."

gavinryaro1.jpg

He sat on the ground cross legged with the cloth wrapped around his eyes, it seemed as though his connection with the Force was slowly becoming stronger. He could feel the anger and the dark taint that resided in Solen, at that time he looked deep down inside himself. He didn't know at first but he too was holding a dark taint, something that should be removed . As he focused Shryne found himself diving into the Force, memories of his life flashed across his eyes; first of how his father was abusive towards him, then how his mother neglected him.

When the memories finished he found himself deep inside his own mind. A dark figure stood there he could make out the presence through the Force, it seemed as though it was himself only the dark side of him. The man walked towards Shryne with a red saber ignited , he reached around but couldn't find a weapon to defend himself with. He started to back peddle keeping distance between him and the man, when the man made a thrust at Shryne, he rolled under and started to run until he came to a cliff side. "What do you want?" He yelled as the figure came closer "Your soul"

He reached into the Force and focused on what was good, just then he felt something appear in his hand, as he grasped the handle with both hands he held up a bright green blade and deflected the mans attack. He defended the man until he was able to disarm him. "No more will you threaten me", at that time a metal rod's shot out of the ground surrounding the darksider, they bent and twisted around each other creating a cell.

When he came from the trance he heard his master speaking to him, he thought about it for a while then smiled. "You said when we first met, we would have to learn how to open our eyes to the Force, not our physical eyes, but you said we would figure out what you meant." he paused for a minute knowing his master would have to think about what he just said, or was it because he was still thinking. "If I go blind, I believe the Force will guide me. I know you must think I'm crazy but I feel more connected to the Force then ever before, and if this is something I need to take I'm willing to give it up." He bowed his head in respect to his master, he knew what his master wanted but Shryne didn't feel that it was what the Force wanted.

Solen just stood there as Gavin lectured him on his urges and the force. He didn't quite know why he had felt the rage, or why any of these things were happening. He knew one thing though, that this man had far more experience with the force than he had ever had. Under such circumstances, he decided he'd listen to what Gavin had to tell him. So many questions came to Solen's mind; Since when did he become so enraged at things? When did he lose sight of the light side? Why had he seen that vision? Why were his uncle and father trying to attack him? What did all of this mean?

"Yes, master. I shall do whatever you ask of me." He smiled a half-smile at Gavin and turned to Clunker. When he thought about how he'd gotten off on a bad foot with possibly the only hope of him becoming a Jedi, Solen cursed to himself. He smiled a fake smile down at Clunker and told him to wait with Gavin while he was gone. Clunker whistled worriedly to Solen, "Don't worry. I'll be back soon enough. If I'm not, I'm sure they can find someone who can take care of you." He smiled warmly as he patted the little R9 unit on the dome. He started to remove all of his weapons, one by one, and sat them on the floor next to Clunker.

He turned back to Gavin, then looked at Roan, then back to Gavin. "He should probably have someone look at that. But I wouldn't force it on him to have it healed." With that, he walked over to one of the huge floor-to-cieling windows. He looked out at the jungle and took a deep breath before jumping down off the window ledge. He took one last look back at the temple before disappearing into the forest. He walked out into the forest, stepping over tree roots and under tree branches. He tried his hardest not to disturb any of the creatures that made their way around the forest. It took him quite some while, but eventually he found a spot he believed to be perfect for self-reflection.

He walked into a clearing surrounded on almost all sides by downed trees. He stood there silently as he listened to the sounds of the world around him. He heard the animals making various noises, the wind rustling through the plant-life's branches, and a stream flowing in the background. He sat down in the middle of the clearing and began to think about all of the things that had happened and what they could mean. He sat down cross-legged and took a few deep breaths in and out, trying to clear his mind of all thought. As he sat there, the sounds around him began to grow silent and the wind stopped blowing.

He opened his eyes to see himself surrounded by darkness, the forest he had previously been in nowhere to be found. He stood, startled, wondering what he should do. He turned around and around, looking for some sort of exit to where he was. He turned back to where he had been facing originally and saw the charred forms of his uncle and father laying there on the ground, just as they had been when he himself had done that to them. Tears welled up in his eyes as he fell to his knees and began to sob. He was startled to feel a hand on each of his shoulders and he looked back to see who it was. He saw his uncle and his father's ethereal spirits standing there, smiling down at him.

He heard the crackle of electricity and turned to see a dark apparition in a hooded cloak. It flashed a wicked smile at him, its eyes filled with a bloodlust that Solen had never seen before. In each of it's hands, it held a silver, cylindrical object that Solen assumed were lightsabers. He shuddered as he stood slowly. The figure ignited the lightsabers and red beams of light coming forth from the hilts as it slowly walked towards Solen. Solen began pleading for the figure to stop, that violence would only beget more violence, but the figure just kept strolling towards him as if he's said nothing at all.

The figure lunged towards him, and it's hood flew back off it's head, to reveal something that should've been physically impossible. Solen's eyes flew open and his mouth dropped as a mirror image of himself came down on top of him. He fell backwards to the ground as the figure held it's red lightsabers in an "X" across Solen's throat. It's bloodthirsty, wicked grin taunting him as the murderous lust in it's eyes grew. Tears streamed down from Solen's face as he turned his head and saw the corpses of his uncle and father lying there next to him. Solen closed his eyes and turned back towards the figure, ready to accept whatever fate had prepared for him.

A few moments later, he no longer felt the warmth from the lightsabers on his neck, nor did he feel the figure standing over him. He opened his eyes to see that the figure was about 30 feet away from him, flat on it's back. He looked up to see the hands of his uncle and father extended towards the dark figure. He slowly brought himself to a standing position, as the dark figure did the same. The apparition roared primally as it stared at him with more bloodlust than ever before. It charged towards him again, screaming and swinging it's sabers wildly.

To his surprise, a blue and green lightsaber crossed themselves in front of him in an "X" to deflect the apparitions blows. In his head, he heard the voice that he could only assume was his father's telling him to take hold of the sabers. He reached out his hands unsteadily and grabbed each saber. He felt an unusual warmth coming from them, flowing up into his body, infusing him with an energy that he had never felt before. As the apparition kept swinging wildly at Solen, he blocked each blow effortlessly.

It was almost as if something else was guiding his hand every time he swung. He blocked and parried deftly, as if it had been as natural as breathing. Even when lightning shot forth from the apparition's fingers, Solen blocked it effortlessly with his saber. It was all he could do to keep himself alive though, was to block. The apparition relentlessly attacked, as if powered by the dark side itself. Finally, Solen's opportunity came, and he slashed, cutting the hilts of the apparition's sabers in half.

It shot forth lightning from it's hands at Solen in full force, knocking the sabers from Solen's hands. It grinned wickedly at it's disarmed opponent, and shot forth lightning once again. He fell to the ground and jerked convulsively as the lightning coursed through his entire being. He screamed at the top of his lungs as the apparition walked closer to him, trying to intensify the force of the lightning. Finally, the apparition stood directly over him, blasting him with the dark lightning as Solen reached out desperately. He caught the apparition's legs, it's lightning flowing through him and into it, creating a loop.

The force knocked the apparition to the ground as Solen climbed up and straddled it's torso. He placed his hands on the apparition's chest and let every ounce of his energy pour into it. All he wanted to do was to stop it from attacking, to calm it's rage, it's anger, it's senseless emotion. The being's wicked smile slowly changed to a warm, loving smile as Solen poured his entire being into it. The apparition's form began changing to a blue, ethereal form, similar to his uncle's and father's. Tears rolled down the apparition's face as Solen's healing energy flowed through it, putting it at ease.

He heard the voices of his father and uncle and turned to see their apparitions standing there. To his surprise, the being beneath him began to dissipate and flow back into his own body. His father and uncle smiled approvingly, his uncle's smile a bit more cocky than his father's. "See Lucien, I told you he could do it," his uncle said to his father. "Of course he could, Xander. The blood that flows through his veins is stronger than either of ours." They turned to him and in unison said, "We're proud of you Solen. You have conquered your dark urges, which is more than we can say for either of us."

The darkness and the forms of his father and uncle began to disappear before his eyes as he was brought back to the forest he had been in before. He looked around and saw that much time had passed in the real world. The sun was just beginning to peek up from the horizon as he stood and brushed himself off. He walked towards where the noise of rushing water had been coming from. He eventually came upon a river running through the middle of the forest and leaned down on one knee at the bank. He splashed the cold water up into his face; a brisk, clean feeling washing over him as he did so. He wiped his face on his shirt and began his long trek back to the temple.

He arrived at the temple about 10 minutes later than he had left the day before. He made his was into the temple warily, not really sure if they were still there or not. He wandered around the temple, hoping to find Gavin, Roan, or Clunker soon.

solen2sigcu7.png

Gavin nodded to Roan. Though he didn't agree with the youth's decsion, he respected it. It wasn't his choice whether the man got medical help or not, and he knew he needed to let go.

"I respect your decsion. And sometimes your eyes can decieve you, you can't trust them. This will only increase your relationship with the Force."

He led the man away from the room they were in, walking slowly. He didn't speak, just let the quietness of the temple sink into him. After a few hours of this, he turned towards Roan. "Its time to sleep. Neither of us will be worth anything tomorrow if we don't sleep. Find a room and I will find you in the morning to continue your training.

Gavin woke up the next morning as the sun was just rising. He reached out with the Force and found the Force signiture he had come to associate with Roan. He made his way to the room and woke the man. "Good morning. I trust you slept well..."

As Gavin was finishing his sentence he noticed Solen walking through the temple. He called out to him with the Force, just as a small test with the Force. Come to me. He smiled when the young man looked towards Gavin and Roan and started walking over. He could see something new in the man, in the way he carried himself. He had resloved something in the forest, and left it there, never to resurface, or as far as Gavin could tell that was what had happened.

"It is good to see you made it back Solen. Now I have another task for you. Each of you will choose an object, relatively small, and attempt to levitate it. I'm sure you've seen this done before. You must reach out to the Force and find it to achieve your goal."

Gavin outstreched his hand and a small rock flew towards him. It circled his body quickly before landing in his hand. "Now its your turn. Take your time and concentrate."

((After you each accomplish this task, we start the more fun part of training.))

gavinryaro1.jpg

Shryne was pleased to hear that his master wasn't going to press that he get his eyes looked at. "Thank you master, already I can feel my connection the the Force growing."

He stood from where he was sitting and followed his master down the halls, even though he couldn't see with his eyes, the Force helped there, things were bright to him. Specially his Master; as they walked he dragged his hand across the wall until the came to a stop. "Yes Master, until tomorrow" He said as he bowed to his Master. Drawling on the Force like he learned to do he found it much easier to find a place to rest. He came to a ruined room, the bed was partially intact the walls were destroyed, but at least there was a roof over his head.

Resting on the bed he laid in the bed slowly taking off the bandage over his eyes. Taking out a bottle of water from his pouch he poured some on his hands and started to wash his eyes. He couldn't see he knew once the accident happened he was blind, but his eyes were discolored. He looked around the room, the Force was acting as his eyes, things that were strong in the Force would glow brighter then the others, but since everything was part of the Force he was able to tell what was what.

He closed his eyes and laid on the bed to rest, the night was long his senses here heightened, he could hear things that were going on outside the temple. He could hear the cries of a prey falling victim to it's predator. As he listened to the jungle that surrounded him he slowly drifted off to sleep.

He woke up the next morning, he could sense that his Master was stretching out for him. Touching his Master back through the Force Shryne rose to his feet and started to stretch out. The past couple days have been taxing on his body but that night things seemed to change. His body felt new to him, his muscles didn't ache like they did for the past couple days. He heard his Master come into the room "Morning Master, I did sleep well" When he ended the sentence he could feel Solen coming towards them. They walked out of the room and down the hallway to meet Solen half way. "Hello again, nice to know you came back alive." He smiled knowing that Solen had changed, for some reason he was glowing brighter then before in the Force.

He listened to his Master speak, talking to them about the next step in their training. When he was done speaking he moved away from them only to give room for Solen and himself. He found a small rock laying at his feet stretching his hand over the rock he started to concentrate, drawling on the Force as he did. As always the Force was as refreshing as ice water on a hot day, his mind was calm and his soul was at peace. Slowly the rock started to shake but no success on trying to lift the object. After a couple minutes of trying he was finally able to lift the small rock off the ground and have it circle his body. Drawling the rock to his hand Shryne smiled, he wasn't going to get arrogant this time but he was going to enjoy it. Opening his hand he sent the rock flying towards his master to only have it zip around him and then between his legs and back to his hand again. "Sorry Master....only trying to have some fun while training....I mean that is what you wanted to do right?" He laughed a little to himself as he watch Solen.

Solen wandered through the temple looking for his "companions" while trying to use the force to detect them. As he wandered, he felt the force tugging him, guiding him towards those which he sought. In all actuality, it was Gavin beckoning him using the force, testing his perception. Being a fledgeling Jedi, he barely knew the difference though, and just assumed the force was guiding him. He turned and spotted Gavin and Roan conversing, though the contents of the conversation he couldn't discern. As he strolled up to them, he felt at ease, glad that he had not been left behind. He crossed his fist over his chest and stood rigid as a salute towards Gavin. He glanced over at Roan, a worried look crossing his face as he saw Roan's wounded optics.

He listened silently as his master instructed, then watched intently as both Roan and Gavin levitated the small stones. He looked to the ground and saw a small stone near his feet. He let his conscious self go and gave into the will of the force once more, listening for it's ebb and flow. The power of the force flowed around him and through him all at the same time, just as it did with all living things, and he felt it beckoning for him to use it. Without moving a muscle, he reached out with the force to the rock, trying to levitate it as he had seen the others do. The rock jittered around on the ground, then lifted slowly in front of him. He moved it slowly to the left, to the right, then up, then down, then closer, then further away, just testing the limits of his ability.

When he felt comfortable with the movement of it, he began to weave it around in the shape of a sideways figure eight - otherwise known as the symbol for "infinity" - repeatedly. He stopped the rock abruptly and began spinning it in place, then made it move faster than a hummingbird, weaving around him, Gavin, and Roan repeatedly. He finally brought the rock back to circle around him solely. He extended his hand, palm up, fist closed, forefinger out as the rock circled around his arm up towards his hand. The rock finally came to a point just inches above his extended forefinger and began spinning in place once again. He abruptly brought his hand back and cut off the connection he had established with the rock through the force. The rock dropped to the ground and bounced with the "click-click-clack" noise of stone against stone.

He smiled warmly at Gavin and Roan, then bowed a silent, yet flurious bow. He stood back up and his smiling face faded as a stoicalness replaced it. He began to speak in a calm, cool voice, much different than his emotion-racked voice from the past days. In fact, the look in his eyes had even changed as well. It was as if he went into the forest an emotional wreck and came back out as a new man. He held himself differently, he felt a deeper connection with the force, with himself, and with the world around him. He didn't know what had changed, but certainly something had, and only time could tell what effect it would have on him. He glanced at Clunker and his stoic look all but disappeared as he smiled at the small astromech. Clunker was equally as happy to see Solen, noticable in the whistling and beeping noises that he made as he rolled his way over to him. Solen rubbed the small astromech on the dome as he rolled up to him, then shushed him politely. He turned to Gavin and Roan again and smiled warmly at them both.

"Thank you both for your concern. I apologize about my unsightly behavior before master, It was totally inappropriate. I apologize to you as well Roan, for having to see me in such a state. I had some... troubles... to work out indeed, just as you had advised, master. It was an... enlightening... experience." His warm smile was soon replaced by a puzzled, slightly pained look as his stomach growled loudly. He reached his hand over his stomach and laughed nervously. "I guess I've been so caught up in my search and training lately that I've neglected eating for," he started counting on his fingers, "I'd say about 3 days." He shrugged at the two force adepts and rubbed the back of his head nervously, all the while smiling as he had before.

solen2sigcu7.png

Gavin smiled as he sent the pebble Roan had shot at him back towards the man. "Indeed. Your training should be fun for you...at appropriate times. This would be one of them." He turned to watch Solen, and was impressed to see that they were both doing so well in their training. They had far surpassed him at his age. Bringing himself back from such thoughts, he began to describe their next task.

"Your next task is a fun one, meant to exercise your brain. It is a hunt of sorts. I will be going off into the planet, and they two of you will have to find me, together. It is meant to encourage teamwork, and it will help you to learn each other's strengths and weaknesses, which will help you during your training. I will be departing in two hours, you in three. But first, let us get sometime to eat."

Gavin turned and walked down the hallway, knowing his apprentices would follow. After a few minutes he found the old messhall. He walked into the kitchen and opened up one of the cabinets. Inside there were piles of rations. He grabbed some and distributed them.

"Dig in."

((One post each of eating and getting ready, then we'll start.))

gavinryaro1.jpg

A smile covered his face as he heard of food, he hasn't eaten in days though that didn't bother him much. What did bother him was the ripple of worry coming off of Solen, though it was little in the Force he sure was able to feel it. Ignoring it as they moved through the hallways he was thinking to himself more these days. 'If the Force binds all living beings.....He thought to himself as he reached out and touched a near by animal hiding behind a pile of rubble. The animal seemed scared of their presence, he was able to calm the animal making it think they were friends.

Soon they came to the mess hall, like most of the things here the planet was starting to take everything back. Luckily nature didn't take everything back; Solen and Shryne found a place to sit and eat. When their Master returned with rations, they waisted no time and started to eat. The food was refreshing to their bodies as well as the water. As they sat and ate Shryne stretched out with the Force and was able to touch two birds singing to each other. The song was a joyful but sad song, they sang the story of the planet and the war. He knew the only way he was able to understand was because of the Force.

Once he was done he sat their for a while thinking, then he rose from where he was sitting. "If you'll excuse me, I'm off to go prepare" He left the mess hall and found himself back where he spent the night. He entered the room, quickly changing into light cloths but when he removed his boots this felt different, he couldn't explain it but he liked how it felt. Leaving his boots off he made his way to the entrance of the temple to wait for Solen to start their mission.

• 4 weeks later...

((I'm not waiting any more. Roan, we're going to get you trained quickly.))

Gavin stood from his meal and made his way to the front of the building. He saw Roan standing there and nodded. "We're going to try something different. Follow me." Gavin left the front steps, trusting that Roan would follow. He walked for close to twnety minutes, remember his own first jaunt into the forest, many month ago. He led the other down the same path that Damon had led him down, taking him to the same places. They arrived at where Gavin wanted to continue Roan's training. There was a giant waterfall, clearer than crystal. It gushed into the small lake below, forming a white foam below it.

"The Force can help you do many things, including that which is thought impossible to those beings who are not as sensitive to the Force as we are. This can include feats of physical strength, such as jumping heights of ten, even fifteen feet in the air. To do this, simply act as though you are about to jump and gather the Force around you, much as you did when lifting objects. Let it enter your body, flow through your veins, then simply jump."

Gavin demonstrated quickly, sending himself soaring into the air more than fifteen feet above Roan's head, before coming to land lightly back where he had started.

"Your turn."

((I'm gonna teach you all the basics, get you through the more complicated things of your class, and get you your trials. I hope to do this quickly so you can get to the more fun parts of being a Jedi.))

gavinryaro1.jpg

With out saying anything or even hesitating Roan stood and followed his master from the front of the building and into the forest. The Force was flowing through this planet like a wild fire. His body felt almost new, the touch of the Force was refreshing. His mind was at peace as they traveled, though they walked for twenty minutes to Roan it seemed longer.

Losing the physical use of his eyes took it's toll on him, but he was able to remain close to the Force using the Force as his eyes. He could hear the sound of the water fall about ten minutes before they were there. They stood at the edge of the water fall listening to the water rush over the edge. "You make it sound easy...."

He looked down at the ground and started to drawl on the Force like before back at the temple. Taking in a deep breath and slowly exhaling "here goes nothing" Bending at his knees he jumped but not as high as Gavin did. He felt stupid and couldn't help but laugh at himself. He felt his face grow red "Wow I must look really stupid" He walked around for a minute collecting his thoughts. "Okay here we go" Drawling on the Force again he jumped into the air, using the Force to launch himself higher, sending him five feet higher then normal. He came down landing on his feet smiling "I DID IT!". Roan could barely contain the excitement he stood in place smiling from ear to ear, as though he was learning to walk again.

Widdimur set the shuttle down in a natural clearing with a soft thump. The boarding ramp descended and the small Jedi hopeful stopped at the bottom of the ramp. The jungle was alive with the teeming masses of lives, both sentient and non, and Widdimur had trouble filtering them all out. The holocron from the man at the temple had helped him improve his telepathic abilities as well as his telekinetic ones, but this was simply beyond his ability. He tried anyway, stretching out with the Force and trying to get a sense of where exactly he was being led...

grimo2ov7.jpg

Gavin smiled with approvement as he watched his apprentice fly into the air. This was what he was working for, his apprentice's attachment to the Force. Time to move on. "That skill can be applied to many aspects of the physical realm, such as running. Now, you've mastered the basic skills of telekenisis, manipulating objects with the Force, and your basic Force sense and it is time to move on to the more advanced aspects of training. Something almost all Jedi are able to do is heal others. This requires a huge amount of concentration and practice, but for you it will come easy I am sure."

Gavin rolled up his sleeve, revealing bruises he had accumulated on the planet.

"Come closer. I have on my arm bruises. Nothing major, but enough to cause pain. Find your focus in the Force and let it guide you, it will tell you what to do. Heal my arm and we will continue with your training."

As Gavin finished instructing, he felt a subtle call in the Force, something he had come to realize was another being seraching him out. This being was strong in the Force and had minimal training, and it was Gavin's job to help him. Come to me... He implanted the thought in the other's head, a head that wasn't human, but definitely sentiment. This would be interesting. ((Grimo))

gavinryaro1.jpg

He took in a deep breath and slowly exhaling. Slowly placing his hands on the bruised arms and concentrating on the Force drawling the Force to his hands. At that time a faint blue glow started to shine off his hands, even though his eyes are covered he could see the injuries on his Master's arm. Shryne focused on the bigger ones first, slowly they started to diminish but not as fast as they should. At that same time his concentration was broken by a new presence on the planet, one the could be strongly felt through the Force. Trying to shake the presence that scratched at the back of his mind and focus on the task at hand.

Slowly the bruises couldn't even be seen unless you really looked closely. 'still not good enough Shryne'He started to concentrate harder now, sweat started to appear on his face as he focused, his hands shaking only slightly he held Gavin's arm until the bruises couldn't even be seen. He stumbled back a little find a rock to sit on he smiled taking in deep breaths. "That ... takes a lot.. out of you" he said in between breaths. Taking the blind fold off his eyes he splashed water on his face cooling himself down, taking small sips out of the water he looked up. "Who is that Master? The presence I've been sensing, I know you sense it too I could see it in your eyes. Is it friend or foe?" He asked as he stood and turn to face his master.

• 2 weeks later...

Gavin smiled as his bruises diminished. His apprentice was improving quickly and there wasn't much time left now. "It is of little consequence who this person is. They are not coming and are here for a different reason. For now we will leave it at that. Now come." Gavin headed off back towards the temple. The time to leave this planet had come. He arrived at his ship and unlocked it.

"I am not sure of our next destination, but the Force will guide us. For now, your training continues. During our journey, I suggest you read up on lightsabers," Gavin said hinting at something. He sat in the cockpit and fired up the ship, and burst off into hyperspace.

gavinryaro1.jpg

Arriving on the planet where Damon had studied for what has seemed his whole life he felt at home. Landing in front of the waterfall that hid the most ancient and humbled temple of the order. Exiting with a pack full of data pads and training materials he readied himself for his newest task.

Walking deep like before the writings on the wall were read. Details of battles fought from the ages. Jedi who have help define the order as well as time and again define the what the order is. Damon has read the markings on the walls many times during his studies of the force. It that reason why he was here, it was here to study what and who these Jedi that claimed they were an exorcist.

Finally entering what remained of the great library Damon put to work his mind of a consular. He feverishly pulled every data pad that contained even mention the term exorcist. Being in his library time most of this place was as second hand and yet again this was a simple task. Finding and pulling pad after pad with arms packed with at least 20 different data pads and three trips Damon believed his task was ready to start.

Bringing what he hopped was his last trip of data pads back to his work table he began the huge task of finding all the details he could about this group. Reading his table of data pads slowly he took every bit of information. The exorcist started off as a group of extremist Jedi who pushed the order to many battles against the Sith in the oldest days of the order. They stood as some of the most extreme yet brightest members of the order. The abilities they posed were increased more than normal with light side abilities and it is said they had more abilities as well that helped them battle. The history of exorcist was long and the lineage of the exorcist was just as great.

As he read pad after pad Damon took note of every name and every ability that he could find. The exorcist as an organization with in the Jedi and it battle were extremely ritualistic. The rituals ranged from almost the almost trivial to extreme rituals of purification some of which Damon already knew to the ritual of becoming an exorcist. The ritual, the right of light. Like of rituals and abilities of the exorcist dealt with fire. The ritual took place in a ring of fire with three lit torches surrounding the circle which is drawn with white sand. In the center stands the soon to be new exorcist. He is washed in water that has been blessed by an exorcist and covered in pure white robes. Flames then leap from the hand of the exorcist who leads the ritual and covers the inductee. He then goes through the tribulation of fire and faces his task. Those who fail die. Those who succeed awake with hair white as the light they now represent and eyes with the glow of fire. They are thus ready to battle the darkness in the extremist form and let the light judge all.

Damon tired from reading everything he could gather stepped away. The material was heavy in every way. Due to his creation Damon considered it all. He reread every bit of information he had gathered. He returned all the data pads and thought on how he would perform the ritual itself. Such an event would take the aid of another. Without an exorcist to perform the rite of flame he could not complete the task. Putting away pads a archive was knocked over and a holo appeared. From what his research had told him the holo was grand master Agustun one of the few exorcist to obtain the rank of grandmaster after becoming an exorcist.

I am here to make sure that the flame of the exorcist shall always burn bright the and that the light of the force shall shine forever judging all. If you are wanting to obtain such a title then enter the chamber after you have changed and I will prepare the ceremony.

This was the chance he wanted. He acted quickly and went to change. He looked to his right and another chamber opened. Inside numerous white robes lined the wall. This room must have been closed for what seemed decades if not centuries. Finding what the one that fit his body he dressed himself in silence and in meditation. Something like this Damon had never done and he wasn't sure what the trial of the process would be like, but he it was something he planned on taking as serious as any trail.

Now dressed he entered the chamber and flames came to life at the three stands that stood outside of the circle that was drawn in the center. Damon walked slowly to the center careful to step over the sand. He looked around and before him Agustun appeared.

Those who stand in the center of this sacred ring who have been touched with the force. Thou claims the are ready for the trial of flame and fire. The trial the force created to test and ready its most devoted followers in faith and preparation for their task. This trial will prove your devotion and your taint of the dark side. You have been harmed and corrupted by this ilk and evil. You who must be purged of this disgust and dishonor.

The flames on the poles begin to glow white and the sand on the floor illuminate as the shadows slowly creep away from room. Water began to drip down in a slow rain upon Damon till he was fully covered in what he assumed was blessed and purified water.

You will now look within and face the demon that resides at your soul. If you can not best him there then you will be burned by the light and forever condemn of its embrace and its salvation. Do you accept?

The flame now began to dance towards the hands of the exorcist master as Damon spoke his final word.

Yes.

Then let the flame of the light embrace your heart and soul!

The flame shot forward and consumed the sand and Damon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yet again in place Damon had been many times he was at what he grown to call the spectral plane. It was here where all souls resided. No secretes hid here only truth. It was at this place where everything was at its highest in power and in ability. It was also here where another awaited his arrival.

Damon awoke not in flame but in his pure white robe standing with his light saber in hand. To his front stood his old enemy and self, the Sith necromancer known as Yue. Garbed in black robes that covered all and two light sabers that hung from waist. That jet black hair and those dark green eyes stared Damon down.

”œSo you call me here to settle this I assume. I long grown tired of having you linger on my mind.”

Its a blast from the not so distant past.

• 4 months later...

The small ship landed on the surface of Ossus. To its back was a massive lake with a intimidating water fall. To the sides was a massive cliff side that encased the lake. To the front was an nearly never ending stretch of plains and forest.

Exited from the ship was a new padawan who if was even slightly intune with the force would feel a difference here. Also was a white dressed master who had now refereed to this world as home.

This was Ossus, the home of the force.

Pisan stepped off the ship to follow the man in the white dressed clothing. He took in the surroundings as best as he could, trying to absorb all the beauty the planet held. Massive surroundings, terrifying monuments, were exactly the kind of things that Pisan thought to be special.

As soon as he stepped off the ship, a sharp force was felt in his head, and he clutched it very tightly with both hands, and fell to one knee. His eyes were bulging out trying to endure this feeling. Once he had finally suppressed it, he rejoined himself with his master still with a look of shock on his face.

The hell was that? That certainly was a quick blast. I mean, yeah once you get used to it, it's all good, but...

He laughed under his breath and regained his composure as he continued on with his master.

• 2 weeks later...

Noticing how his padawan acted in resposne to the sheer presence of the force here on Ossus, Damon could tell this was going to be an interesting training sisuitation.

Walking to the horizion of the trees the two stopped. Far away enough that he could begin his lessons the silence that seemed to have lingered since their arrival was broken.

"Lets begin with the basics shall we. Before you can anything about how to work with the force and what it does you need to know and understand a few things about the force. Before I tell you, tell me to the best of your knowledge what is the force?"

While he had been speaking to him, Pisan began gazing at the environment, still taken aghast by how magnificent this planet was to him. Even though it's presence of the force had struck him like a needles in his head, he now felt comfortable, and smiled pleasantly at the glorious feeling that this planet was blanketing him with.

But now was the time to put that aside and concentrate at the topic at hand. He flicking around with the beads in his hair and started to think.

What do I know about the force? Hmm...

He began to think back to all that his father had told him when he was a child, but it seemed all so blurry to him. But his master would not judge him on this alone, so just speaking of everything he knew would be the best route to go, regardless of the amount.

"The force? Well from what my father had told me, it's what surrounds us, what gives a Jedi his power. A Jedi uses-- rather, they work with the force as one. The force is what helps a Jedi achieve inner peace. Through the force, you can achieve peace with yourself. At the literal form, it is midichrolians in your body. And... that's just about all I know. I could probably add more, but essentially it would all lead back to this."

He thought to himself and just nodded his head, scratching at his chin. He began to grin and then relaxed himself.

"Yeah, that's all I got."

• 2 weeks later...

Listening to Pisan speak about his knowledge of the force Damon listened and gave no sign of if he agreed or disagreed. After a small amount of thinking Damon came up with an idea.

"Pisan I want to try something different with you than I have with any other apprentice. You probably did not know this, but behind the waterfall great jedi temple and library. Here you can find almost any and all information that is about the order. From its history, to its rankings, designs, tools, and whatever else the mind can fathom. I am giving you a data pad that contains items you must look up and explain to me each item. After this little bit of research, we will begin the practical part of your training. I believe that if you have a mental compression you should be able to train your body to match your mind. once your mind is ready the body will follow."

Reaching into his robes a data pad was pulled and handed to his apprentice .

The pad contained numerous things that were required to be looked up. On that list were these items. The classes of the jedi order, the light saber styles of jedi, and last but not least the techniques of the jedi. While it was a mighty list it was meant to encourage discovery and exploration.

Leading his new apprentice into the great temple Damon came to the door of the great library and stopped.

"Now go and explore and learn. I will also be learning believe or not. We as jedi never stop learning. That is how I became the exorcist I am today. So, let us begin shall we."

With that the master entered with his goal and hoped his apprentice would take to his task.