Ossus

Tarrian Skywalker

"I have not learned to run. I have learned the basics of force jumping. I would assume it is much like it. Is it not, Master?"

Kleew-Sele asked. But before his master could reply he was running. Not very fast, but faster then he usually would. When he got back to his master, he said

"It seems to be very easy. Much like jumping."

ksfjpg7ib.jpg

Damon looked at kleew and shook his head. He knew more than he had expected.

"Yes it is pretty much the same, but also when you are in battle you will fight with the force and you wil use force speed to help increase your movements giving you a chance to out fight in battle. The same way you jump and run you will work with the force to increase all of your movements. This is a nescary gift you will need to use. Learn it well for it will save your life more than you can think."

Damon saw that his padawan drank his words like water and that he understood almost all of the words easily.

"Now Kleew I only saw a bit of your fight in the temple, now lets see how you can fight for feel. No poles. We will be using stun staffs to prevent permeant damge to either of us."

Damon quickly ran inside and re-appreared with two normal stun staffs that had been modified to mimick a light saber, a pair of stun staffs modifided to be a two pairs of short sabers, and a modidfied set of stun staffs that mimicked a long sword.

"You see three sets of weapons, I my self use two of the three. You can use any of these you wish. I want you to come at me with every thing you have. I know you can force push, and I know you will not disapoint me."

Damon grabbed one of the modified staffs that looked like a standard light saber. He now waited for his padwan to pick a weapon from one of the three and prepare to fight.

Its a blast from the not so distant past.

Kleew was a man of actions not words. This would need to change. Damon sifted his weigh and applied pressure shifting the lock to front of both of them.

"Klee, you will need to think more about making the move than the move it self. We as jedi are to fight as a last resort so you would look for the way to end things quickly and painlessly. On the other hand we try to end things with out violence, pain, or death first and fight only as a nesscary. That is why we train. Now I want you to apply that to your fighting skills and to your over all way of life." Damon broke the lock by forcing up his weight and using a quick motion of his knee sending back his padawan.

Kleew slid for only second before he bought his weapon to back to front. Damon charged, but right before the weapons would meet he slid underneath the weapon and spring kicked kleew's staff into the air and force pushed off the ground preveanting Kleew from countering the move. Damon grabbed the staff in mid air and summersalted leting him land balnced on the ground.

Damon threw back the staff to Kleew and spoke in a clam and collected voice. "Now I could have done a lot more and a lot of damge because you were not ready." Damon looked at him and took up a wide, but well coverd stance.

"Come forth and try to disarm me."

Kleew stood, and thought of what he would do next for a brief moment. Then he quickly charged at his master, using the force to propell him further. Kleew first tried to kick the stun staff out of his masters hand. But with a quick slide, Damon moved slightly to the left so Kleew's foot went into the air. Kleew quickly regained his balance, and charged agian. But this time, he faked the kick, and pushed the hand which the stun staff was with the force.

ksfjpg7ib.jpg

The staff flew out his right hand, but came flying back in less than the instant that it left his hand. Damon worked with the force and sent his padawan flying back as well. Kleew landed off balnce and stumbled. kleew came charging in after landing which let Damon block the over head slice that came and shifted the weight allowing him to parrie the blow and stab him with three point blows on his chest and a round house on his ribs. Kleew shuffled and during his shuffle he was hit hard with a upper cut sending him into the air. Damon leaped back and looked as Kleew was still in the air. Damon prepared for what Kleew would do.

Kleew fell to the ground, and stood up quickly. He saw his master, preparing for his attack. Kleew knew he had to catch Damon off balance. He charged, and slashed with his right hand at his master's ribs. Damon brought his stun staff to his ribs, and bocked it. Kleew bounced his stun staff off of Damon's and came down with a verticle slash. His master blocked his attack once agian. Kleew jumped back, then moved quickly to his master. He used his right hand to bring his stun staff up virticly. Damon blocked the uppercut, but Kleew caught him with a kick to the chest.

ksfjpg7ib.jpg

The move itself was exected, but the delivery was not. The kick landed square and center sending Damon back slighty. Damon used his stun staff to prevent him from sliding any further. With the staff sudo planted in the ground he used it to spring forward. He sprung forward and perfromed a one two kick. Damon landed swiftly and followed with a series of quick slices and thrust to help throw off Kleews sense of flow. Kleew did not waver and also was able to force back Damon. Damon slowly lead Kleew back into a sense of false security. Kleew stepped in with a lunge and that was his mistake. side steped the lunge and attacked with a jab with his staff hand, reverse punch with his left hand, and a round house kick from his back right leg forcing Kleew to drop his staff and fall to his knees.

"Kleew, I may be your master, but you can not be afraid to hurt me. The stun staff will not kill me. I want you to try and attack me as if I was a sith. I know until you do you will not fight me at your best, so please try harder."

Kleew stayed where he was, and listened to his master.

"Kleew, I may be your master, but you can not be afraid to hurt me. The stun staff will not kill me. I want you to try and attack me as if I was a sith. I know until you do you will not fight me at your best, so please try harder."

He repeated over and over in his head. He stood, and used the force to grab his stun staff. Kleew launched himself at his master. He begun to swing quickly, using the force to prepell him even faster. Although his master blocked every attack, Kleew was proud of the fact that he moved himself that fast. He jumped back, avoiding a slash from Damon. He landed about twenty meters away, and stalled for a minute. Then lunged at his master agian. He slashed from the top left corner down, but his master blocked it easily. Kleew stabbed at his master, but Damon knocked the stun staff to the left. Kleew brought it up, and virticly next to his head. Kleew waited for his masters next move, but he was still repeating what Damon had said earlier.

ksfjpg7ib.jpg

Kleew's movements were becoming quicker and even though he could see the attack, the attack itself was becoming more foucsed and aimed. Damon was being forced to play on his defense and because of that he could not stop. The attacks were begining to blurr as if Kleew was using Vappad. This was not good. Damon worked the force to move him quicker than before making him nothing more than a flash as he penitrated Kleew's stance, kicked the staff out of his hand, and force blasted with his left hand aiming at the ground knocking Kleew off balance. Damon dropped his staff and grabbed Kleew with his right hand while placing his left hand above Kleew's neck preventing him from moving because his pressure points had been hit. Kleew had stopped struggling and had calmed down. Damon dropped himself to his knees with Kleew and spoke to his padawan relaxed and centered.

"Kleew I am glad you finally attacked like your life and the life of others depeanded on it. I am to blame though for what you almost did." Damon stopped for he should of warned Kleew of what might happend to a jedi.

"Kleew at the speed you moving and attacking you were immating the fighting style Vappad. The style once properly learned is a great and powerful one, but it has one huge flaw to a jedi. It can lead to the darkside. You were crossing that very thin line between the light and the dark."

Damon stood up and faced away from his padawan to face the great libary.

"Kleew, regather yourself for now we are going to a very old and powerful place. This place is a place where I will tell you a tale and where you will learn to make your weapon of protection for the people. Now come."

Kleew stood up, and walked onto Damon's ship. R6 followed closely. Kleew got aboard the ship, and sat on the same couch he had been sleeping on a while earlier. He thought about what his master said. About him almost crossing into the dark side. Kleew understood what the darkside was, and was aware of its "flaws". He pondered the things his master had said, then slowly drifted to sleep agian.

ksfjpg7ib.jpg

((The libary is on the planet. Thats one of the reasons I picked this planet.))

Damon lead Kleew away from the ship and into a forest. They crossed though the forest and came to a cave. The time flyed though the walk and he hoped Kleews had thought about what he had learned and hopefully he was ready to learn some more. They both arrived at a gate inside the cave covered with vines. Damon touched the door and it opened. They walked in some steps and stopped, he now spoke as if stating Kleews presence to the force itself.

"Kleew, this is one of the oldest if not the oldest temple of the jedi. This is the real planet Ossus."

"

Ossus, located in the Adega system (one of the six remaining Auril systems), orbits the twin Adegan suns in a figure-eight trajectory. It was an important Jedi stronghold and learning center in ancient times, and there is some speculation that the Order of Jedi Knights began on this planet. Ossus was once covered with many cities, and a range of rocky mountains was located near the Knossa spaceport. The steep canyon walls are still covered with elaborate murals, and the planet's atmosphere is charged with occasional electrical storms.

In Ancient time, following the Freedon Nadd Uprisings on Onderon, Jedi Master Arca planned to send the ancient Sith artifacts recovered from Freedon Nadd's ship there for examination, but Exar Kun was able to retrieve them first. In the chaos surrounding the Great Sith War, Aleema and Crado destroyed the Cron System, loctaed near the Adega System. Ossus was caught in the wave of destruction radiating from the supernova. The Jedi attempted to transport the artifacts and lore from the libraries there, but were only able to take a fraction of the wealth stored there over the millennia. In an attempt to preserve a cache of lightsabers, Master Ood Bnar initiated his lifecycle change, becoming a gnarled old tree with the lightsabers engtangled in his roots. He was nearly destroyed by the radiation from the Cron System.

About 4000 years ago all the cities of Ossus were abandoned during the Great Sith War. The Ysanna, a tribe of warrior-shamans who use the Force to guide their primitive weapons, took up residence on Ossus following its abandonment. Over the ages, great cities grew out of the planet's rough, irradiated terrain. In modern times, the planet was nearly wiped out during the Clone Wars. The enemies of the Jedi Knights struck there, attempting to destroy the stronghold and root out the Jedi. Although the planet was devastated, the Jedi survived. Later, following the death of Emperor Palpatine's first clone on Byss, Luke Skywalker and Kam Solusar discover the planet's ancient Jedi connection, and are directed there by Master Vodo's holocron just before Sedriss executed Operation Shadow Hand. There find the Ysanna tribe and the ancient Jedi Master Ood Bnar. The planet's electrical storms probably result from the near-devastation it suffered during the Clone Wars.

A 10,000 year-old lightsaber, given to Leia Organa Solo by Vima-Da-Boda, surfaced 800 years ago in an archaeological dig on Ossus. Luke Skywalker visited an arid, sandy portion of the planet during the Emperor's reappearance and discovered the Ysanna tribe, an ancient Jedi library, and a vault of lightsabers hidden beneath the roots of the Neti Jedi Master Ood Bnar. At the time of Skywalker's departure, the New Republic was planning to send in excavation teams to explore Ossus' ruins. While on an undercover mission to Borgo Prime thirteen years later, Skywalker and Tenel Ka claimed that they needed Corusca gems to open a sealed treasure vault located on Ossus.

In more recent times, Kyp Durron recovered some forgotten Jedi relics on Ossus, including a Holocron, a few lightsabers, and several books and scrolls... He also feels that there could still be some hidden vaults on Ossus, waiting to be found by someone who is persistant enough to search for them

"

Damon stopped and he let Kleew drink in the infromation before going on.

"Kyp was right about there being more here on this planet, myself as well as others have found other items here. We though felt that if we take them from this place then we would distrub the history that lies in this temple. Here you could see list of the oldest and wisest masters who ever lived, specs for differnt configuerations of the light saber, and many other things. Kleew I want you to explore this temple by your self for now. There is a guardin of the force that lives here, he is always watching and always juding. As you explore and study he might come to you, if he does depending if he finds you worthy will determine somthing for me. Now go and explore, I will come find you when I feel ready. In the mean time I must look to see if there is specs for a long sword verison of the light saber."

Damon looked at Kleew who was a bit surpised to hear his master send him in deeper into the temple by himself. Damon simply nodded his head and smiled as a sign to show he belives that nothing ill would before Kleew.

((I found easier to quote Kyp, and sorry it took so long. School kicked my butt these first couple of days.))

Kleew listened to his master very well. He was a bit surprised that his master would be shipping him off like this, but he knew his master believed in him. Kleew knodded at Damon, and ventured into the temple. As he walked, he saw all sorts of markings on the walls. Kleew was amazed at what was on the markings detail, and how it stayed so well preserved over so much time. He continued into the temple.

ksfjpg7ib.jpg

After Kleew had left Damon began to look for a long sword verison of the light saber. He looked for hours upon hours. He found specs for a light whip, axe, and even a spear. All of these specs interesting in nature were not what he was looking for.

After Damon picked up a pad called the "Defense Of Offense", he found what he was looking for.

Long Saber

The Long Saber is based off of the long sword. It can cut though mutiple enimes in one stroke, but its main purpose is defense. Due to its length it block many times more volleys of blast and attacks provding a safe distince from close attacks. The handle to emit such a beam is longer by a half and the blade is also increased by a standard half. When activited a Long Saber will measure six feet. Two feet of handle and four feet of energy. The most major problem with the weapon is its advangtage, the length. Due to its lenght one has to move slower so they do not hurt themself with such a weapon. One last note, the handle will require two crystals of the same type for the weapon to maintain standard widith of the blade and a modified energy capacitor to deal with the combine out put of the force crystals.

Damon looked over the specs and copied them down, he decided that he would go to Illum after Kleew had finished his task and constuct this weapon. This would add a edge that would allow him to protect many people quickly and also help him protect himself.

Kleew wondered through the library, admiring the ancient markings. Kleew got to a set of markings, that just compelled him to study them. He saw a figure that looked much like him. Kleew watched the markings come alive, and move on the wall infront of him. He saw a great jedi battle. Kleew watched the figure that resembled him was fighting, blocking shots from blaster rifles, and slicing the enemy only after pausing as to give them a chance to surrender. He saw the image quickly fade back into what he had seen before. Kleew ran out of the temple, and to were his master was to tell him what had happened.

"Master, I was exploring the library, and the markings...they came alive. I, I saw a man, who resebled myself, fighting in what looked like a war. Then the next second, the markings were back to the same way they were before."

Kleew explained. He waited for his masters reply.

ksfjpg7ib.jpg

"So the force did chose to speak to you. I have not studied much, but though much experince I understand what has happend. Many times things that have happend in the past or things that are legend will be shown to a jedi. From what you have described I would bet that you will follow in the path of your ancestors and become a great jedi knight. Unfourtently it did not tell you more." Damon stopped for a second, Kleew did not see, feel, and experince all of what Damon wanted him to. It only answered Damon's question.

"Kleew, my question has been answered and I have gather some other infomation. You hav learned much here, but have not learned enough. On a side I was hoping that master Darex would of taught you force healing, but that is my fault for assuming. I want you to heal the brusies and scratchs on you. After you have done this we are going some place very imporant to the jedi, Illum."

Kleew was a bit dissapointed that he hadden't experianced all that his master had wanted him to. He listened to his master talk about force healing. Kleew wondered what that was, he assumed hit was somewhat like force jumping, and force running. Kleew sat on the ground, and cleared his mind. He thought of only healing his bruises and cuts just as Damon had told him to. Kleew's mind was focusing on bringing himself together with the force, to heal his wounds. Kleew had very little cuts, and brusies on himself. He had gotten them from his fight with Dwight, on Haruun Kal, and his fight with Damon on Ossus. As Kleew sat with his mind clear. His wounds began to heal. It took about a minute, but then his green skin was back to normal. Kleew stood, and said,

"Master, my cuts and bruises are gone."

Kleew then waited, to see if his Master was ready to leave Ossus or not.

ksfjpg7ib.jpg

"Well done. Now we will leave Ossus and go to craft your light saber." Kleew stood up and followed Damon back to the ship and blasted off to Illum.

"Now Kleew, instead of sleeping this time here is a data pad on how to bulid a light saber. Study it, learn it, know it."

The ship containing Kleew, his R-6, and Damon left Ossus.

((Post us landing on Illum.))

• 3 weeks later...

(OOC: Eventually this post is going to get really long, but it still needs to be done. I know none of you will read it, but just know that I will be making additions every so often because of the no double post rule))

A small freighter entered the atmosphere of Ossus, housing only one Jedi. The last time Nom was here, he had two padawans to train. Now he only has one, himself. The Jedi Master chose Ossus for the quiet forest life and the rather comfortable climate. It really was a nice place. Nom couldn't help but wonder why people didn't go to Ossus for vacation. Technology was all the rage now, leaving the tranquility of nature forgotten.

Nom's ship landed with a small thud as metal met rock. His lungs were met with fresh air as he exited his ship. He was going to be here for a while.

It only took Nom a few hours to set up camp, getting every thing the way he wanted it. He made sure he was a few miles away from his ship. This was more than just combat training. His ship sitting ten feet away from him provided an easy way out when things got tough. That was something Nom had to learn to ignore. There won't always be a way out. Unfortunately, the weather was clear, which ment he had time to kill.

With the flick of the activation stud, the combat before sprang to life. Its movements were quick, yet predictable. Nom had fought these things several times before. Yet still, it was something to pass the time.

The droid was less that five feet away now, equipped with a special vibrosword equiped with an ionic field strong enough to deflect a lightsaber. It would be far too easy otherwise. Nom's lightsaber erupted from its metal sheath to meet the droids attack, only inches from the neck of the Jedi Master. He would have to make things interesting somehow. The droid was already on the move again once contact was made. Nom was ready however. His lightsaber moved in a blur, matching the lush trees surrounding them.

And such the dance continued, Nom's lightsaber assumed the role of defender, constantly moving, colliding with the droids attacks at every turn. If a droid were capable of frustration, it would be fighting with it. Of course that is one advantage a droid doesn't have. Which is that of fighting with feeling. Something the Sith use all too often. Nom has even been known to use some passion when dueling, good thing he had been able to keep it quiet from the rest of the Jedi.

The battle continued well into the night. Nom kept his saber moving as little as possible. His blade only traveled enough distance to intercept the next attack, anything more would be a waste of effort. The Jedi Master could have torn the droid apart over and over again, but endurance doesn't come with quick battles. He had yet to attack offensivly yet.

The biggest perk with an all defensive based form III lightsaber style, is that the defender wears the attacker down over time. Droids however, don't have to worry about that.

It was almost pitch black considering there was no artificial light anywhere near Nom's camp. Without the Force, he wouldn't even be aware of the droids location. Because of this, it was time to have some fun.

Without warning, the green pillar that acted as the sole provider of light for miles vanished, and so did the Jedi weilding it. In less than a second, Nom's lightsaber had been deactivated, clipped to his belt, sent spiraling into the woods, along with the Jedi Master attached to it. Nom knew that the droid would follow considering its AI systems were programed to mimic that of Force usage, only to a lesser extent. With the Force as his aid, Nom swept through the trees at speeds only a motorized vechicle could match. With a quick thrust of energy, the Jedi leaped into the air. He could feel the breeze caress his face as the air took him into its arms. This was a rush that certainly couldn't be attained in the Jedi temple.

The Jedi Master landed on a sturdy brach attached to a rather large tree. While perched on his woodened limb, he streched out with Force, listening for the approach of his metal friend. This was going to be fun.

It only took a few moments for the droid to appear right under the branch the Jedi Master now temporarily resided in. He had two options, either proceed to jump down and slice the thing in two, or use the Force and levitate it up to his own eye level. It only took him a moment to decide. After only a few seconds, the droid begain to rise from the ground. Its head snapped back and forth in surprise, as if its photo receptors couldn't take in the situation. Droids could be so funny sometimes.

The droid's vibroblade now was only a meter away from the Jedi. Before the AI reactions could even begin to do its job, a green pillar of light came forth, as if sprouting from the very tree itself. Its arc extended towards the droid's open side. The blade cut through the chassis like a knife through butter. The electronic warrior fell to the ground in a smouldering pile of wasted metal. Only moments later Nom had realized what he had done. He had destroyed his only form of entertainment. It just goes to show that enjoyment of a fight still can lead to unfortunate consequences. Even Jedi Masters have room to learn.

Nom made his way back to his campsite, feeling somewhat deflated. What else could he do to train? That last foray with the combat droid did improve his endurance, a skill invaluable to a form III fighter, considering it lasted a few hours. He just hoped a thunderstorm would start soon. He looked towards the stars, hoping some would be blocked out by clouds. Luckily, the heavens were filled with an inky smudge as if the celestial painter had spilled some color onto the wrong place. There was only a chance it would result in the weather Nom came to Ossus to experiance.

The Jedi Master took a seat in his sleeping bag with the thought of a real training experiance before him. With the aid of a busy mind, he was able to find sleep among the peaceful beauty of nature.

Thunder shook the ground as it cracked down upon the trees of Ossus. Nom woke with a start, he could feel the vibration even in his sleep. For a moment he was startled, but his moment of fear was quickly replaced with control. It was only a thunderstorm...nothing more.

And as if an electric jolt went through his spine, Nom lept to his feet. There was finally a thunderstorm! It was now time to do what he had left the Temple to do. He made his way into the heart of the forest once more, the rain beating down on him. He found a clearing to his liking. He took a seat right in the center and closed his eyes, letting him self fall into the Force, a ritual his body thrived on. He could feel every rain drop within a five mile radius. He knew exactly where each bead of water would land and how fast it was going. He streched out even further, up into the clouds. He could feel the particles interacting with each other, rubbing together. The friction was building, the Forced provided a pefect window into the activities of the cloud. He could feel it shaking, it was housing a very powerful force, like a rabid bear trapped in a cage. It wanted free with each passing moment.

Come to me...Unleash your fury!

In an instant, the cloud above spewed its contents into the sky filled with water. Electricity streaked down using the droplets as its median. It was more powerful than anything a Sith could conjure. The Force was within every living thing. This was its power in its rawest form. Even a Sith Master could not match the power of nature, despite their boasts. As the bolt continued to ravage the sky, time seemed to slow. It was heading straight towards the Jedi Master, aiming to kill.

Nom streched his hand into the air, his palm ready to meet the incoming threat. He cleared is mind and summoned the largest amount of energy he had ever experianced.

The bolt of lighting collided with his hand. At first, pain like no other shot through him, causing him to think of nothing else. He felt as if a hundred Sith Masters were surrounding him, venting the darkside into his veins. His mind was screaming, he wanted nothing more than to take his lightsaber and shove it into his skull, just to make the agony stop. But then something within him called. A slight nudge prodded at his councious. The Jedi followed like a scarred cub to his mother. What he met was like water pouring through him. The peace was more refreshing than anything he had ever felt. The pain was gone, only a distant memory.

The Jedi Master opened his eyes to find his hand a nasty shade of brown. Small puffs of smoke extended from the tips of his fingers. But other than that, he was fine. The lightning bolt was nowhere to be scene. Nom smiled.

He tried to bend his finger, but the attempt was met with another shot of pain. It wouldn't move in the slightest. Every time he tried brought him closer to the memory of what transpired only moments before. He stood for a while and let the rain massage his face. It was a wonder feeling.

Nom made his way back to his camp, knowing full well the condition he was in. His ship was too far away to walk to and Force running there would probably damage his hand. Good thing he put himself in this position for a reason. He would have to sleep the wound off...literally. He had never tried a healing trance before, but he was confident he would be successful to a certain degree.

He found his sleeping bag covered with water, he should have put it in a cave or something. It was too late now however. The Jedi Master took his usual place among his campsite, the strom was starting to die down thankfully. He closed his eyes and pictured his hand going from the nasty shade of brown back to its milky tan complexion. He just hoped the Force would handle the rest as he drifted off to sleep again.

Nom found himself amid the Jedi Temple, its contents were nothing more than lifeless masses, Jedi he once knew and loved. There were only two living things still alive. One was filled with dark, his insides corrupeted as if twisted into something different entirely. His cloak masked his presence. The other figure was that of a Jedi Master. Nom recognized himself standing in front of the young Sith. What was going on? Nom tried yelling, hoping either the Sith or....himself would answer. Neither acted, it was like he wasn't even there. The Sith and the other Nom seemed to be talking. Then suddenly lightsabers erupted as if out of nowhere

The battle was fierce, the other Nom seemed to be outnumbered, as if the very power of the Sith was too much for him. The real Jedi Master shook his head, he couldn't help but feel dissapointment for how his counterpart was doing.

The battle ceased with one swing of a lightsaber. The other Jedi Master's head rolled onto the floor, the look of defeat, and fear plastered onto his eyes. Not a moment later, the Sith lowered his hood as if he knew Nom was still there watching in horror.

Revan smiled at him, as if his very presence were mocking him. The darkside pulsated within the young man. He was no longer the boy Nom had trained.

"No...It can't be." Revan began to step towards him, his lightsaber raised. "This can't be true!" His old apprentice was upon him, crimson blade searing the air around him. He raised his weapon, poised to strike.

"I will not fight you." Revan's blade was in motion looking kill yet again.

Nom's eyes snapped open, rain beating softly on his brow. He could still feel the taint of dark around him. The source was too far to pinpoint an identity. But Nom knew. Revan had turned. His fears had been realized. He glanced down at his hand, it was completely back to normal. The Force did its job. A healed hand seemed trivial somehow compared to the loss of what was the closest thing he had to a son. The Jedi Master knew deep within himself that he would meet Revan again, and when he did, he just hoped he would be prepared to face the inevitable.

Despite the newfound information concerning his old padawan, Nom still had work to do. The ability to absorb lighting would be of no use if his hand turned to toast everytime. Fortunately for the Jedi Master, the rain seemed to have picked up again. Thunder could still be heard off in the distance, causing several flocks of birds to flee, as if some unseen enemy were hunting them.

Nom made his way to the same clearing he had inhabited before. This time the lighting bolt would not be so lucky. As if the very weather could sense his thoughts, the rain started to pick up even more. The impact of the water felt as if the sky was trying to hurt the Jedi. With water came lightning.

Nom didn't even have to beckon the lighting this tme. The very coulds seemed to want revenge against the Jedi. Its strongest weapon was again unleashed, crashing down on the planet below. His hand met pain once again. Agony coursed though him once again. But this time, Nom felt the Force within him gleem, like a lone candle amist the darkness. He followed it, called it to him. Suddenly the pain left him, as if it were being sucked up by the very light within him.

The Jedi Master opened his eyes once more, letting the beauty of Ossus captivate his vision only for a few moments. He took a look down at his hand, almost praying it was in prime condition. Aside from a small puff of smoke extending from the tips of his fingers, his hand looked relatively unharmed. A smile etched itself across Nom's face. He had finally did what he had come to Ossus to do. Despite how wonderful Ossus was, he was ready to head back to the Jedi temple.

With the help of the Force, he was able to gather his things with minimal difficulty. Each possesion was loaded carefully onto the small freighter. Nom made sure not to knocking anything out of place, considering how small his vessel actually was. Nom took to the cockpit, readying the systems for takeoff. With a flick of a switch, the ship took off into the air, leaving Ossus behind and dissapearing into hyperspace.

nom2.jpg

Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical

- Blaise Pascal

• 2 weeks later...

The Myddrin arrived at the planet Ossus, and a trail of vapor followed its descent to the rocky ground...

"Many centuries ago, this planet hosted the finest library in the Order. It has since fallen to disrepair and is all but abandoned, though some Jedi come browse is still-stocked halls. It is enamored by the lightside, and houses many answers to its mysteries. We will begin our search here, just as the diary has indicated."

Sahv pointed to an outcropping of ruins as Cal piloted the ship down...

"We will continue our survey of lightsaber combat forms soon, but for now we have some work to do." Sahv stated as he gathered his cloak and belongings.

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

A warm breeze hit the two Jedi as they exited the Myddrin. Cal took in a deep breath of the fresh air.

"Don't you love the feel of stepping off a ship onto a planet that isn't completely covered with metal buildings and people?" Cal asked, "I love breathing fresh air and feeling the soft natural ground beneath my feet. Every planet has its bright side, but being surronded by metal and concrete all the time can get kind of depressing." The two walked on towards the ruins.

The structure was made of rock and blended in well with the natural surrondings. From a long distance the ruins would have been difficult to spot. They approached a large stone door covered with carvings and murals that appeared as if it hadn't moved in centuries. It was so large in fact that Cal had a hard time believing that it would move.

Cal looked at the door and being the usual curious padawan that he was, he asked, "How in the world are we supposed to move this, Sahv? I don't see any key pads or computer terminals, just a big giant rock sitting in our way."

The padawan had some doubts...

l_9a9487ff62b14f8ba83cafa13f758c89.jpg

Sahv shot a sly look Cal's way...

"How do we open it, you ask? Why, we don't."

The Jedi Knight motioned for his padawan to follow him, and the two walked a short distance eastward until they reached a large crack in the gound. The crevice had been caused by the quakes which had rocked the surface of Ossus since the planet was made unstable many centuries ago.

"Ossus was essentially destroyed by... something or another. Since then it has been uninhabited by humanoid life, I believe. We can't go in the front door, so I hope we don't offend anyone by entering through... different... means."

Jumping down two meters and landing on a material different from the rock above, Sahv continued on. It was obviously some sort of symthetic concrete which constituted the new ground, and after a minute of walking in a darkened tunnel, the two reached the east wing of the library proper. Waiting up for Cal, Sahv searched for anything that looked recognizable.

"I have been here once before," he began, "when I was apprentice under Locke and Kirana." Finally sensing where he was, he continued down the damp hallway. "This way, the main entrance to the book room is here..."

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

Cal followed Sahv through the darkness and into the main bookroom. It appeared that no one had entered the library in quite some time, at least not since Sahv's last visit. There also seemed to be a moldy dingy smell that hung in the air, and Cal could hear the slow drop of water falling into a puddle probably from a spring that had breached the underground walls of the library.

"Why is this place in such disarray," Cal asked, "One would think that since this place is so important, as far as the knowledge housed here, that the Jedi would maintain it a little better, or even remove all of the artifacts and important documents to a more well kept place."

They walked on, Cal not really knowing what to be on the lookout for. He simply stood behind his master and allowed Sahv to do most of the searching.

It had indeed been some time since Sahv had been to the temple. Approaching a small table near the center of one of the chambers, Sahv pressed his hand against the wooden surface. "I... do not know why the council has not taken up the task of securing these artifacts. I guess it is believed that some secrets are left forgotten."

Sahv made a grave look of his face...

"I just hope that in this case that has not proved a vital mistake."

The Jedi moved into another chamber, and looked in his notepad for the coordinates of where he believed to be the autobiography section...

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Cal followed close behind his master while observing his surrondings. The library was quite large. He still did not understand why the Jedi would allow a place of nearly infinite knowledge of Jedi past to lay dormant and unvisited. He got the hint from Sahv that there were possibly things here in this library the leaders of the Jedi Order did not wish the young apprentices to know, things that could corrupt young Jedi, things that could lead to the dark side. Cal wondered if what he and Sahv were looking for was not such a thing.

A piece of the cieling fell and crashed to the ground just behind Cal. "HOLY CRAP!" yelled the young padawan, "That'll wake you up."

He looked at the pile of rubble laying behind him and then at his master. He smiled, shook his head in disbelief, and then followed Sahv on through the library.

"Cal, there is another reason whey we are here."

Sahv looked at the young Jedi with his eyebrows raised in affirmation.

"When I was here last, my master provided me with the location of secret tomes." Sahv continued walking, leading Cal to a secluded corner of the library.

"As long as we are here, we'd better get this taken care of befor we end get to engaged with our main task. Those other lightsaber forms... we can find that knowledge here."

Sahv picked up a book that was sitting quietly on a small stool. There were no other books there, and it puzzled Sahv that he had gotten the book under the same circumstances months before. He opened the book...

"This is it. Form II... One can learn the basics of lightsaber combat from nearly anyone my friend - I mean no offense to my fellow knights - but there are subtlties to the higher combat forms that require instruction that is... shall we say... intensive."

He handed the book to his padawan...

"Here, take this. We will look at it more thoroughly once we have the time. For now, we continue on our quest."

Sahv gathered his sense of location and took a right down an isle of old, dusty bookshelves...

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

Cal followed Sahv down the row of shelves while he fingered the pages in the book. He glanced over the pictures of different fighting styles and such waiting for Sahv to find what they were looking for.

The two continued walking, curiously scanning the darkness around them for any sign of the mysterious thing they were looking for.

The Shifting Sun landed and Alyssa sighed. What the hell are we doing here? Shaking her head, she grabbed her bag and left the ship, with Toral behind her. She scanned her surroundings, noting some standing structures, stairs, and other interesting formations.

Placing her bag by her feet, she turned to the Defel, motioning for him to pick a place to sit. Seating her self on a flat stone, she began to run through her mind what she wanted to start today.

"First thing is something you've pretty much mastered. Rage, anger, hatered.... These emotions will help you. Being able to keep them under control and using them to command the force, you will be able to accomplish much. Remember this and learn it well:

There is no Peace, there is Anger. There is no Fear, there is Power. There is no Death, there is Immortality. There is no Weakness, there is the Dark Side. " She waited a couple beats to allow her words to sink in.

Then she continued, entering his train of thought. "Though knowing that, you must know as well that you should never attack out of uncontrolled anger. If you lose controll of yourself, you will slip up; make mistakes you never meant to make, and it could prove fatal if in an undesirable situation. In battle, you will only then truely know how to direct yourself."

Flicking her hand, the bag on the ground opened. A lightsaber appeared and snapped to her hand. Igniting it, the orange blade glowed off her black cloak. Satisfied, she retracted the blade and levitated the hilt into the air. Pushing it to Rahalin, she let it fall into his hands. "This is your until it is time for you to create your own. When in training with it, it will be set to stun as will mine. After we have done some of the training here, we will return to the manor in which you will be put into the training room.... Any questions?"

... Against All Odds ... Against All Instincts ... We Evolve ...