The Eternal Vigilance (The Maw)

Tarrian Skywalker

Ish swam up and dispersed the beast by instilling the thought of great danger in their head. Rob looked pleased with himself as the injured monster swam for its own safety. Ish with a quick force message alerted the adepts at the facility that one of the Koto Claw Fish had sustained minor injuries, but would recover if it was attended to.

As Rob turned off his lightsaber, Ish unsealed the pressurized door to the chamber they'd come in through. The two jedi swam to the door. A quick air dry and the jedi's robes were good as new. The secondary door to the chamber opened and they once again walked out into the hallways of the eternal vigilance.

Ish lead Rob to the main hall which was vacant and walked to the front of the room where an alter of sorts stood. Twelve chairs for the Jedi council were empty, but an aura of granduer still could be felt in the presence of where many great masters had sat and congregated.

Kneel before me Rob. The padawan did as told and took stance just before Ish. The jedi took his wampa horn lighsaber off his belt and ignited it. The orange blade crept out with a low hum iluminating the soon to be jedi that it barred down on. "Lower your head my friend", Ish said.

Rob lowered his head and Ish began to speak.

"For generations the jedi have served and protected the galaxies inhabitants. This trend must continue. Always for justice and peace must you do tasks that other won't. Remember the Jedi code Rob, and you will forever serve the light side of the force."

With that Ish recited the code.

"There is no emotion; there is peace.

There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.

There is no passion; there is serenity.

There is no death; there is the Force."

Ish lowered his blade near to Robs left shoulder then picked it up and lowered it to Robs right shoulder.

"Rise Jedi Knight. Come join the order and serve your fellow sentients."

Ish smiled at his fellow Jedi as he rose.

ish2hh6.jpg

Aussie-American Connection Since June 04

Most Sacred order of the Nocturnal

Wuju38: GIVE ME BAKED GOODS!

"So this is it... Goodbye... I'm happy i had you as a master. I hope we will meet again."

Rob turned towards the space port. He looked for an ship he could take. There were some Jedi starfighters free for Jedis to take. Rob got in and turned it on.

Were will i go now...?

Rob thought for a minute and then go aout of the ship and went to a shop. It started to rain. Rob put his hood on. He got in the shop and bought some tools and parts to build 4 lightsabres. He went back an headed to Ilum.

stjk.jpg

הנני הכי טוב [i'm not jewish!]

[Proud Member of V.A.G.I.N.A]

Ish bid his former padawan and fellow jedi farewell. Rob had work to do, but he was well on his way to becoming a good jedi. Rogue as his thought process seemed to go sometimes, his own lightsaber crystal would help to balance out the mans psychie. In time the force would hopefully manifest itself as well to fill him with the lightside energy.

Ish smiled as the ship shot out of the Eternal vigilance. Indeed he and Rob shared a force bond, and though Ish felt it would be a long time before he would lay eyes on his former padawan again, he would always be able to communicate to him through the force.

Quickly turning away from the window Ish sets to his arduous task ahead. Referencing and learning from the Holocrons aboard the Eternal Vigilance. The seven holocrons linked together were the soul of the vigilance. Located in the center of the gigantic vessel, the force eminated from the linked holocrons. Bursting with jedi knowledge and history the holocrons would truely make Ish read to train a new padawan when the time came.

A few tram rides later he was in the chamber alone with the holocrons. Instantly as he came near them, two of them lit up with small holograms floating above them. Two jedi masters who introduced themselve as Shi Ty and Gron Mu Tehm. Ish felt the force as the two holocron produced holograms instantly began probing the jedi's mind using the force radiating from the holocrons in front of him. Answers to force questions were instantly brought to the jedi's finger tips.

New techniques, and special abilities were there for discovery. The jedi masters in the holocrons were like the wind with how fast they talked. Ish had to use the force to heighten his concentration to keep up with the plethora of knowledge they were revealing. Shi Ty the female jedi stopped momentarily while Gron Mu Tehm a rodian would press on. Each voice sounded almost as if it were a whisper but droned on faster and faster. To the normal ear, each master sounded as if they were whispering but saying nothing. Words were hard to distinguish for Ish at times, but the knowledge was still pouring in.

As question after question of his was answered, the jedi became almost winded, feeling like his head would explode. None-the-less he pressed on with his learning, not leaving the chamber for days on end. The power of the force flowing through him was all that sustained him with no food or water.

----------------------------

One interesting point that Ish had longed to be enlightened on was how to better a light saber....if it were possible. Though no definitive answer came, information that Ish would take to heart would help him. As the jedi masters began to wind down....a force premenition told Ish he should stop his training with the holocrons for now. No more was there to teach for the time being. The jedi would go and contemplate what he'd learned.

-----------------------------

As Ish left the chamber, fresh air filled his lungs. It had been two weeks now since he'd entered, and he was hard pressed to find food water, and a nice bed. Making his way to the refreshers, a long hot shower felt like rapture. Moving straight on to the cafeteria he delved into his lunch with a vigor of a wampa on a tauntan. When it was finished he staggered to his quarters. Sprawling out on the bed with an enxhaustive sigh, Ish was asleep in minutes.

-----------------------------

Nearly a day passed before the jedi woke up. Refreshed and enlightened he instantly unclipped his lightsaber and headed to the nearest workbench with his tools in towe. The jedi carefully dismantled his lightsaber and began to examine it carefully. Was there a way to increase its power? Ish asked himself this question and more. For nearly three hours the jedi sat starring at the saber, randomly picking up parts and examining them closer. Like a bolt of force lightning, a thought hit him. Quickly getting up the jedi used all speed to return to his room and retrieve three spare reflector lenses.

----------------------------

As the hours passed, Ish set to work with determination. Carefully he installed a lense directly above the crystal and another above the datium energy converter. The final lense was set just inside the opening of the hilt where the beam came out. The ofset reflected energy from the three lenses would yield the energy from the center of the blade out towards the edges, giving the blade energy a much greater intensity. One would be able to go as far as to say that if a very weak made lightsaber were to come up against Ish's now, the blade may actually not be able to stop Ish's.

Using an energy conduit, Ish got a reading on his blades energy output. Indeed it was much higher than that of his old blade, and for the matter any other blade he'd seen or heard of. Ish smiled at the accomplishment, but regained his humble train of thought, for it was the holocrons aboard the Eternal Vigilance that had helped him make this discovery.

The jedi quickly gathered his belongings and made his way to the atrium....his favorite meditation spot as a hopeful. A quick meditation trance and he felt like he would be able to help all in the universe. The good will of the vessel had been instilled in the Jedi, and he was ready for a new padawan. Making his way to his GS7 Lamborari he clipped his lightsaber to his belt which he'd held almost the whole time since he'd improved it.

The coordinates set in the ship blast out of the hangar bay and set off for Borleais and the Jedi Dojo.

ish2hh6.jpg

OOC: This covers Manaan proper, not the EV.

Disguised quite effectively as a harmless meteorite as it enters the atmosphere, the probe droid begins its assignment and impacts upon the surface of the planet, extracting itself to provide ample reconnaissance without further detection due to its small size. From a specially-tuned antenna, it begins to send out trace bursts of information to be piggybacked on local HoloNet transmissions. It bears no markings of any kind, and is equipped to handle all terrain, even underwater.

In the darkness we may lurk,

Ever eager for dirty work,

Try to find us if you dare,

But danger lurks, be warned, beware!

OOC: This covers Manaan proper, not the EV.

Disguised quite effectively as a harmless meteorite as it enters the atmosphere, the probe droid begins its assignment and impacts upon the surface of the planet, extracting itself to provide ample reconnaissance without further detection due to its small size. From a specially-tuned antenna, it begins to send out trace bursts of information to be piggybacked on local HoloNet transmissions. It bears no markings of any kind, and is equipped to handle all terrain, even underwater.

Spaming...nulled.

"When in doubt, Get the Hell out!!!"

• 1 month later...

A small New Republic shuttle lands at the Eternal Vigilance, using Darex's code to clear the landing. Once down, he programmed the computer to clear R6 and his X-wing, then moved back to Shy.

"Welcome to Maanan. The planet is covered in oceans, and because of this, it emits a speacial radiance in the Force."

He smiled again and opened the hatch. "This place was once used as a Jedi base, but it's location was thought to be compromised, and the Jedi moved on."

He shrugged. "There has been no evidence of any attacks on this base so far, so perhaps the move was unneccessary. It doesn't matter."

He stepped down the ramp and drank in the peaceful serentity that rolled off this place in waves. He felt traces of recent occupation as well. He wondered who had come here. The mystery will give me something to do in my free time, he said to himself nonchalantly.

He turned to Shy. "Feel free to explore. The rooms on this ship are themed, so there is a lot to discover. When you are ready...come to me. We can talk, or train, or whatever. Understand Shy--your healing is the most important thing to me right now."

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

He was surprised at first, but then let himself return her embrace. He wished he could tell her how he felt about this whole situation, but he couldn't find the words to say, and he knew this was not the time to try and do so. That time would come when it came.

For now, he nodded, catching the deeper meaning behind her words. He even smiled at her jab, even though the reference still stung a little. "Don't worry about that. I promise you it will never happen again."

He watched as she headed off, and then walked off himself. He wanted to pick up who had been here and why the place felt even stronger in the Force than it had before.

He found himself on a tram headed towards the center of the Vigilance. He wondered what was there. He knew it would have to be something extrordinary, but what, he couldn't decide.

Finally, the tram stopped and Darex stepped out. Suddenly, he knew what it was. Seven holocrons surrounded him, and two lit up on his approach. Excited in a Jedi way, Darex sat down Indian-style on the floor. A hologram came up from one of the glowing holocrons.

"Greetings, Jedi Knight," it said. The image was that of a female human, clad in traditional Jedi robes. "I am Shi Ty, guardian of this holocron. All information is available to you. Where would you like to begin?"

FDY9u6P.png

Darex smiled. He hadn't known there were holocrons on board the Vigilance. "My name is Darex Trevelian," he introduced himself. "Have these holocrons been accessed by any other Jedi recently? I sense the traces of a friend of mine."

"Indeed," Shi Ty told him. "I believe his name was Ish Ka Bibl."

Darex smiled. "Ish is a good friend of mine," he said. "It's good to know that he's taking care of himself."

"But you did not come here to seek news of your friend," Shi Ty said in a reprimanding tone. "Your heart is in turmoil, and I sense your path has not been an easy one."

Darex's smile disappeared. "Your senses serve you well. My path as a Jedi has been curious. It started before I was even chosen as a Jedi. I grew up in the Temple on Naboo from a young age. When I finally came of age to be trained, I went to Hoth, seeking out a Jedi to train me."

"And I sense you met someone there?" Shi Ty prompted.

"Yes. Her name is Skye Organa. I...I think for a while I believed myself in love with her. But it wasn't meant to be. She was chosen as an apprentice, and she left. I didn't see her for some time."

He paused for a moment. "And then the waiting. After the temple on Hoth was destroyed in a Sith attack, I moved here, to Maanan. Eagerly, I waited for a master to choose me. After about a month, the location of this ship was thought to be disclosed to our enemies, and so it was abandoned. I moved around a bit during this time, until the Jedi formed a Dojo on Borleais.

"At this point, I had waited for about 4 months. I was beginning to lose hope. I taught myself a few techniques and immersed myself in the Force. My friends that I had met along the way were trained, and came back to find padwans of their own. And still I waited. I had doubts that I was meant to take this path at all. But something called to me, telling me to have patience, and wait a little longer."

"Hmph," Shi Ty interrupted. "It was right."

He smiled. "Yes, I see that now. I learned patience, among other things. It has helped make me unique. But anyway, one day Skye came to Borleais. It turned out that she had come to take me as an apprentice."

"And how did you feel about that?"

"Unsure. I still had not fully dealt with the extent of my feelings towards her. But it turned out that it didn't matter. She had...turned away from the Jedi, for the most part, and met this man. She trained me, and I passed my trials."

Shi Ty seemed to think for a moment. "Your voice has conclusion in it, but I feel the story does not end there."

"No," Darex agreed. "I went to Borleias and took on an apprentice, Shy-Ree."

"Ah, yes," Shi Ty said. "The one you brought here with you."

"She's wonderful. She was so vibrant, so full of life and firey spirit. We started to train on Dagobah. Then suddenly, she was taken from me. I had left the planet, thinking she would follow. But she was confronted by a dark man with glowing eyes. I landed as soon as I realized this, but it was too late. He saw me, and then grabbed her, pulling her into a portal of some kind. I don't know where it went to.

"I felt like I had abandoned her. And the only thing I could think of to do was go after her. So I employed the help of my old Master. We found Shy on Coruscant, with her new Master. The man gave her the choice though. She...she decided to rejoin me. I think the man, Evan Kerry, is in love with her. He left to report to the Rebel officers about his time witht eh Empire."

"And what does Shy think of this?"

"I don't know," Darex said. "She's so silent now. She's like a different person entirely. I don't know what to do to help her."

He finished his tale and looked up at the ancient Jedi Master. "I would appreciate your wisdom."

FDY9u6P.png

"Why would Jedi be here. They abandoned this base a long time ago. But more beneficial to me."

Fingers deflty moved across the controls of the Firespray. When his ship came within firing distance of the Eternal Vigilence, he opened a com.

"Jedi. This is Larek Tefgod. I have comne to learn the location of a Jedi Base. I am in search of a Jedi Master.

The man leaned back in his control chair and awaited a response. He hoped they responded soon.

Darth-Garou.jpg

The newcomer's hail is answered by an automated computer response that stated: "This is no longer a Jedi base. It has been abandoned for safety procedures. Please continue your search for them elsewhere. May the Force Be With You."

It ends in a fizzle of static, the tell-tale sign to anyone listening that the message is old and has been worn out by multiple use.

Darex glanced at the holocron keeper, wondering if she would say anything. She remained silent however, and Darex felt a flicker of a presence approaching the planet. It was a strange one to him, and he wondered what the person was doing on Manaan. However, he dismissed it, figuring it was just a native or another person that had business there. He did not forget the encounter though.

He heard his name being called. "Over here, Shy!" he called back.

FDY9u6P.png

• 2 weeks later...

Darex smiled at her and motioned for her to come closer. "You felt the presence of someone entering this planet's atmosphere. His purpose in coming here remains unknown, but I believe he was Force-sensitive, which accounts for you being able to detect him."

He wanted to reach out to her with his mind to see how she had been recovering from her experience, but refrained from doing so. He wanted to help her, but he didn't want to alienate her from him by reaching into her mind forcefully. Instead, he simply gave her a patient look. "I feel that you're still troubled about something. If I can do anything for you, all you have to do is ask."

He paused, considering what he wanted to say. "And Shy, just know this...I have the highest respect for you. What you're doing is one of the most difficult things a Jedi can go through. I... I don't know if I could be as strong as you if the same thing happened to me."

He stared at the floor throughout his words. When he stopped talking, he glanced up at Shy. Their eyes met, and Darex felt like he was peeking in a window into Shy's soul. He could see a struggle in her, two sides fighting. He saw the depth of her goodness. He saw the darkness that fought back. He knew which side would win--he only hoped the battle wouldn't last much longer--for her sake.

FDY9u6P.png

He gave her a huge, winning smile. "We can certainly continue training. Let's see..."

He thought for a few moments back to the last time they had gotten the chance to train like this. "Alright. If you remember, the last thing I taught you was to diminish your Force-presence. There is one other little trick you can do that is related to that. The Jedi Mind Trick. Basically, you use the Force to suggest to someone something to do.

"It can be dangerous depending on your motive--tricking someone to do something evil can obviously lead to the Dark Side. However, it can be helpful. Just reach into the person's mind and speak the suggestion. If it works, they will repeat it after you and do whatever it is you suggested.

"Now there are some limitations on who you can do this to. It only works on the weak-minded. For example, you couldn't do it on a trained Force-user. Thereare also several species that are immune to it, including Hutts and Toydarians."

He glanced around humorously. "Since there is no one on this station but us, I'm afraid you won't be able to practice. However, it's not a difficult feat, and I'm sure you can do it. Any questions?"

FDY9u6P.png

Darex frowned in thought. "I'm not sure if there have been scientific tests to see why some species are resistant to mind tricks. That's a good question, but one that I don't have the answer to. You could always consult the holocron here if you're still curious, but I'm not sure anyone knows for certain.

"However, your second question is clearer. You can't alawyas be 100% sure if the person you attempt to trick will buy it or not, but there are several factors that go into it. First off, do you remember when you reached into my mind on Dagobah that you had to get by my natural defenses or shields? Different people will have different strengths of these shields.

"It all depends on their background. Your average citizen will almost always buy the mind trick. However, those with police training, or former CorSec members, or military commanders, or people like that will have built up much stronger defenses in their mind. The more defenses the mind has, the harder it is to mind trick it.

"So the way to know how well your chances are of successfully making a Mind Trick is to reach out and brush the subject's mind with the Force. Non-force-sensitives will not feel it. With that brush you can glean information about how strong-willed they are."

He tucked a strand of hair behind his ear. "Does that make sense?"

FDY9u6P.png

Darex laughed out loud. "No, my dear, you're far from being weak-minded. I remember when I first learned Mind Trick, I went out into the streets of Ithor and practiced. I convinced a Twi'lek teenager that I was Hanast Unglas, the famous Coreillian rock singer."

He laughed again at the memory. "Of course, my master chastised me for it when I got back, but the look on her face..."

FDY9u6P.png

His face went deadly serious. "Oh, no. Definately not. Skye was a very cruel and heartless master. She tortured me everytime I did something wrong."

Silence held for a moment, and the two stared at each other seriously. Suddenly, he burst out laughing again. "No, I recieved a chastising about how I needed to be more careful because if I continued to use the Force in such a casual way, I might turn to the Dark Side."

He smiled. "She was a bit overprotective, my old master. But that was simply her personality."

Through the bond that was beginning to form between the two, Shy could see that there were remnants of some past hurt associated with Darex's former master. His eyes clouded for an instant, then cleared just as quickly as he focused on the present. And in the present, he was having a ton of fun.

FDY9u6P.png

The Eternal Vigilance was long void of attacks or violence of any kind. It had been peaceful or years and would remain so. Unless someone found out where he was.

Evan Kerry had decided to use this long abandoned base after finding it in the Imperial records. He stood on the bridge watching the dot grow larger and larger.

"Launch shuttles. I want 50 men on the East side and 50 men on the West. Prepare the Imperial Hunters for arrival. Wewill be tasking the center, and moving intot he command bridge."

Within 5 minutes, Evan and the rest of theImperial Hunters were on the EV.

"You are the freshest recuirts out of the Academy. I did not pick you becuase of your skills. I picked you becuase of your lack of skills. You have not yet found a comfortable way to survive in combat. with me you will. You have been given Clone Armor becuase it represents a part of me that I am very proud of. My history in the Imperial Army. But it is also modified to be far more dangerous. Now lets move out."

In the back of Evans mind, he felt something. He felt somethat that made him calm and serence, almost not wanting to fight. He shook it off and movedon toward the command center.

DarthI.jpg

He smiled. "Yes, she was my master. And my friend. "

Suddenly, he frowned, sensing something in the Force. The presence of one of the individuals seemed vaguely familiar, but Darex could not place it. He could not mistake the intentions of the rest of the group however. Though he couldn't be positive, he felt that they were Imperials.

He stood, his tone urgent. "Shy, I think we have worn out our welcome. Stretch out with your feelings, with the Force, and you'll sense them too. This base was abandoned because it's location was disclosed. I told you no one had come after all, but it looks like someone remembered Manaan. We will probably not be welcome now, so I suggest we leave. Follow me."

He paused for only a brief moment, reaching down to pick up the holocron he had been speaking to earlier. "Alright, let's go," he said.

The two made their way down the halls, taking the back route to avoid confrontation with the Imps. Darex could feel their presences easily enough in the Force, and they found a way to avoid them.

On the way back to the hanger, Darex commed his R6 unit on a secure channel and filled him in, asking him to prepare the ship for a quick take-off. "If we don't show up in 15 minutes, I want you to leave and head to Tempay. Alert the Jedi there."

After a little while, Master and Apprentice reached the hanger. Unfortunately, it was filled with 5 troops that had been left to guard it.

"Alright, Shy. We have three options. We can either fight our way through them to our ships, we can sneak past them with the aid of the Force, or we can mind trick them to let us pass or look the other way. It's your choice, my apprentice. I will go with what you decide."

FDY9u6P.png

Evans men marched silently through the base, searching for anything that looked suspiscious. Their blaster rifles were aimed straight ahead, making sure anything violent would be taken down with efficiency. Then Evan heard something over the com.

The five troopers in the hangar had spotted the two people as they approached. They acted as if they had not seen them, but keeping them in the corner of their eyes.

"Sir, we have two figures approaching the hangar. Unknowns."

"Be right there."

Evan and his men soon rounded about and came up behind the two Jedi. Their blaster rifles aimed toward them and Evan spoke.

"You are outnumbered, and outgunned. If you care for your safety you will turn around and lay any weapons on the deck. The Rebels are claiming this base."

DarthI.jpg

Darex smiled and turned around at the voice. He recognized it. "Evan Kerry, I believe?" he said. "It's nice to see you again. Tell me, what brings you out to these parts?"

He cast a wink in Shy's direction and spoke into her mind. //Well done, Shy. You have passed this test with flying colors. I wanted to arrange something for you to test your mind and instincts, and these men just unknowingly helped me out.//

FDY9u6P.png

-- An encrypted comm comes in for Evan Kerry from General Sunrider--

Meet me at Selvaris in regards to a Mission. Details will be provided in a briefing before the mission.

--end comm””

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Force can do terrible things to a mind it can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity. - Carth Onasi

He nodded, sensing her anxiety.

"Yes, I suppose we should take our leave," he spoke to Kerry. "We were on our way out as it was. Farewell."

He ushered Shy to his X-wing and the shuttle next to it. "R6, tether the X-wing onto the shuttle."

He lead his apprentice onboard the shuttle and closed the door. When it had slid firmly shut, he turned to her. "Are you alright? Let's leave."

He made the short trip to the cockpit and lifted the shuttle off the ground. He wondered briefly if he would ever come back to the Vigilance. He doubted it, and that thought made him sad. It was like a second home to him. He gave it a respectful farewell nod and flew into Manaan's atmosphere.

Getting an idea, he punched in the coordinates for Ilum and the ship blasted into hyperspace, the X-wing in tow.

FDY9u6P.png

Evan watches as the two Jedi leave. He had seen Shy for one instant and knew that he still loved her. But that would have to wait, the Allaicne needed him.

"Lt. Keeo the men here. I want a Scorpion fighter ready to take me to Selvaris."

Evan boards a Scorpionfighter and launches into hyperspace.

DarthI.jpg

• 1 month later...

Giving the proper access codes to dock, Ish landed the Osroc in a small hangar on the starboard side of the Eternal Vigilance.

"Come Jhosh, your training begins now." Ish's stern voice easily commanded the padawan to follow him. The jedi stepped out of the craft and made his way to the meditation chamber level.

When the pair arrived Ish gave the man his first set of instruction.

"The force is what we jedi call upon to aide us in tasks and the general pursuit of knowledge. You may have heard people speak of it before, but it is a completely different thing to use it, and an even harder thing to use it in a peaceful way."

Ish motioned for Jhosh to be seated and used a quick motion with his right hand to shut and lock the meditation chamber door with the force.

"I would ask you to feel the force, to let it enter your every being. You must make a conscious initial connection with it to ever have any hope of attaining the status of a force user. I do not expect you to acheive this on your first try young one, but I will accompany you on your journies into the force and help guide you into its being."

Ish sat beside Jhosh and fell into a deep meditative state. The jedi could feel everything in the room and sense Jhosh's emotions.

ish2hh6.jpg

Jhosh sat in silence, trying to reach the Force. He could sense Ish beside him, but not through any of the ones he was used to. It was as if he was glowing with some kind of light, but when Jhosh looked at him, he could see nothing special. Jhosh closed his eyes, relaxing his mind like he did when he went to bed. Then... Whoosh!!!!! All of a sudden he could sense something, the power, the energy! But when he got excited, it left in a hurry. And he was left with a memory of the wonder.

Yoda ROCKS!!!!!!

Ish could feel the power of the force begin to manifest itself in Jhosh. The connection was still young and brittle though and the steps had to be taken carefully.

"Good Jhosh, that was your first endeavor into the realm of the force. You must try again while you're still in the fresh mindstate. I will give you something to focus on this time. Do not be surprised at the images, for they are only thoughts.......Begin."

Ish reached into his own mind and pulled out a few small visuals from his battle with the Sith Lorde Xentar Kentam....where he'd met his fate. The simple plight of looking at a being so evil as a sith lord could scare anyone half to death, but one must become acquainted with their nemesis if one is to defend.

ish2hh6.jpg

Jhosh cried out in horror when the images appeared. They were horrible images of a dark, evil man. Jhosh saw a lightsaber, and realized he must have been a Dark Jedi, maybe even a Sith. Then Jhosh saw images of a battle between the dark being and another Jedi. He noticed that the Jedi was Ish, and that this was from his viewpoint. Then the dark being did something terrible, horrible, and Jhosh passed out.

Yoda ROCKS!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Ish moved with lightning speed from his meditative pose to catch his padawan Jhosh before he hit the ground. The jedi's hand craddled the back of the young man's head and slowly placed it on the ground.

Jhosh's breathing was slightly erradic as he opened his eyes and came back into consciousness. Ish could sense the dismay from his padawan with the force. It eminated like a bright light in a dark room.

As the young man raced to catch his breath, Ish spoke in a calm manner. "We all have demons Jhosh, and they must be dealt with. I may have come on a bit strong and I appologize for that, but I could feel your focus peak just before you lost your connection."

Ish helped the padawan back up to his formerly seated position after a time and began again. "Those visions I helped you to view were actual past experiences from my training as a padawan. I indeed met my fate at the hands of a Sith Lord."

The jedi gave a small laugh, "Thank the maker for the science of cloning."

Ish placed himself again in his meditative pose next to Jhosh who took up his own stance, mirroring that of Ish's. The master and padawan closed their eyes almost simultaneously.

"This time be ready for the unknown, they are only visions, but they will help you focus your connections on the force. This will not get any easier young one."

For a time Ish's visions varied from his own memories, to teachings of others.....Some sad, some fightening, some happy. They were all parts of the living force and each aided in Jhosh's connection to the force becoming stronger.

------------------------------------

Finally after days of constant concentrated meditation Ish was satisfied. During the final session, Ish broke the bond of meditation he and Jhosh had formed. It was as if one was yanked from a dream.

As the padawan looked to Ish with a semi-startled gaze, the jedi instructed. "You have done very well Jhosh, and I feel your connection with the force is fluent enough for us to continue our endeavors into your learning of the jedi arts.

Ish was already visualizing his plan to train Jhosh in the basic physical force techniques essential to every jedi, but the Dantooine native wished some input from Jhosh.....

"Do you feel you are ready to continue on your journey? These next tasks I have prepared are more than just mentally challenging.....They carry with them a physical burden not easily coped with by any normal beings in the galaxy."

The jedi sat quietly waiting for Jhosh's affirmation to continue the training.

ish2hh6.jpg

Jhosh sat quietly, contemplating all of the images and experiences Ish had sent him through the Force. He had seen anger, and joy; fear, and courage; hate, and love; and above all, he had seen the Force. It swirled around him, coalescing in infinite shades of wonderful color, of which he could only see a small piece. And then Ish had stopped, and asked him a serious question. And he sat for almost two hours, silently considering his options. He wasn't sure he could take on the large burden of being a Jedi. It seemed like an impossible task. But then he remembered his father's voice, telling him he would never amount to anything. And then the Force itself seemed to answer, urging him on. So he opened his eyes and looked over at Jedi Master Ish Ka Bibl, a living testament to the power of the Force.

"I accept"

Yoda ROCKS!!!!!!

Ish eyed up Jhosh and searched his soul with the force. The young man's heart was ready and true.

As suddenly as Ish had made up his mind to move on further with his padawans training, something grabbed at him through the force.....It was distant and elusive yet the sheer sense of it envigorated the jedi.

It was time to go home.

"You've much to learn Jhosh and I shall be with you for every step of the way, but now we will continue your training in another location. Come we will leave immediately."

As the two walked down the hall towards their quarters to gather their few belongings, Ish took the time to learn his padawan a small but important lesson. Up until now, the two had walked in silent harmony......"Fortunes can change at any moment my padawan. A jedi must always be ready, and able to adapt."...........

"It is one of the qualities that has allowed the order to survive, if at times ever so slighlty.

The two were aboard the Osroc and off to their new destination where Jhosh's training would be completed.

ish2hh6.jpg

• 1 month later...

*Kirlocca's ship landed on the outskirts of the jedi temple. The jedi was out of his ship within five minutes and began to walk around with no destination. His thoughts kept drifting from one thing to another.*

Great this is just what I need. I can't think clearly, and i'm bored out of my mind.

*The jedi master began to pace in front of the ruin jedi temple entrance way, letting his thoughts drift from things that should not really be in a jedi mind. After about two hours of pacing, the jedi master decided to sit down and meditate to focus his mind.*

Be passive. Let the force flow through you. Only when you are calm, and at peace is when when the force will show you what you need.

*After around three hours of meditation, Kirlocca stood up and walked back to his ship and took off for his new destitation.*