Mos Eisley - Tatooine

Tarrian Skywalker

A black ship lands in Mos Eisley. From it emerges a large figure and three heavy crates. Rod-yak Val speaks with an official about transporting the crates to Ventooine. Information is exchanged concerning who and the exact location of which the crates are to be sent. A strict do not open clause is placed on the crates, and then the official takes them. The bounty hunt if finally over.

Rod-yak leaves his ship for Dunya, his droid, to watch over. He goes into the cantina, popular for bounty hunters and sits at the bar. He needs a drink after that small battle on Naboo.

Through a deep, almost growling voice, Rodya asks for a little Corellian Ale. He sits at the bar and looks around. Its his kind of place. Perhaps here he can find more work, at least for after he takes care of things with Black Sun...

rodya2.jpg

He took a sip of his drink, before deciding to reply.

"My story pretty uninteresting, the only person who would really care would have to be the after action report reviewer."

Taking another sip, he sloshed the drink around in his glass a bit, before tanking a nice long gulp of the liquid, swishing it in his mouth before letting the liquid run down his throat.

"So what is this a change of ownership?"

detonsigoq4.png

Two months later I hit the control room of CPS. Talk about a slog fest.

Former Emperor Rustic <--

A darkly clad figure takes his first steps into the dimly lit interior or the bar, pausing long enough for his eyes to adjust from the blazing sun's light. His figure is toned, yet slim. He had two weapons, lesser used slug throwers, on his hips and his hair stopped just past his lower back-it was completely braided.

His eyes scanned the patrons, noting the new bar tender since his last visit as well as several others. He had vanished off the face of the Galaxy after driving one of Black Sun's capital ships into their flag ship thus ending what could have been one of the greatest, or worst, campaigns against force users in recent history. He had never been fond of the force users, as they had a tendency to develop god-complexes and believe everything revolved around them.

They weren't fit to lick the scum off of his boots.

He took a seat in one of the booths against the wall, leaning back into the corner of it and relaxing in the bar. He needed work since his funds had been slowly dwindling and it was here that he planned to find work.

Rodya's personal communicator signals that a large sum of funds have been transfered into his private accounts. He smiles as he remembers capturing the wookiee and sending her pieces to Ventooine. Fun times.

It was taking too long for Rodya to be served, so slightly annoyed he rises and leaves the establishment. Its probably just the new ownership trying to find its own rythym.

rodya2.jpg

Duo rose from his seat, tossing down a few credits for the drink he had and then moved for the door. He could feel the eyes of several men on him, most likely they had once worked for the Black Sun or had heard of what he had done to them. He knew for sure that the man that had only just left was one of the higher ranking operatives, though he obviously hadn't noticed Duo.

He wasn't sure if he should be glad or offended he hadn't been noticed, but in the end brushed the thoughts aside as he took his leave and made his way off the planet.

A cloaked figure enters the bar, carrying himself in a manner that speaks of his skill and sobriety. He plans to keep it that way, as he crosses the bar and takes a seat at the bar. He has tracked the Empire, or at least some of its soldiers were rumored to frequent this place. He looked to one of the bar tenders, motioning the man over so they could speak. In a hushed tone he begins the conversation with the ((Npc)) man.

"Heard anything of the Empire, after their defeat at Csilla?"

thing.jpg

OOC: For the purposes of answering the query about the Empire...

IC:*An apparently drunk man sitting near the bar raises his glass to Alexander.*

'The Empire's gone, mate! Dead and buried! Best place for 'em, if you ask me.'

*Although the man is ostensibly lambasting the Empire, something about his manner suggests he knows more than he is letting on...*

Edited by Guest

Geki1.jpg

http://www.themire.co.uk-- being a veracious and lurid account of the goings-on in the savage Mire and the sootblown alleys of Portstown's Rookery!

Xander gets up and moves to the man that spoke to him in a drunken manner. To most he would be just another run of the mill drunk, but Xander could tell otherwise. He took a seat next to the man, eying him carefully.

"That so? It's a shame...I've got a bounty they set out a while back, was looking for a place to turn it in..since they had abandoned Cardia, you know?"

He motions the bar tender to bring another of the drink the man is drinking over as he watches him for any hints of information.

thing.jpg

Alexander leans forward before speaking, unwilling to speak loud enough for others to over hear them. His bounty was known to have contacts all around the Galaxy just before his sudden disappearance and any one of them would most likely be willing to try and rescue him in exchange for some cash.

Hell, the guy would probably pay more more then the Empire is offering...easily.

That wasn't his job, though and he had no intentions of letting his bounty talk him into letting him go in exchange for a few extra credits.

"Trowa Barton."

thing.jpg

Within minutes, a small, slender ship exited the atmosphere on Tatooine. It shook slightly, only because it was old and needed a tune-up. It got him from point A, to point B, and thats all that matters. After a rough ride descending from space, he landed the ship just outside the Mos Eisely Cantina. He had never been here before, but he had stories about it from various people. He was looking to join the Empire, and heard that this was a good place to start.

Upon entering, he noticed a few rough necks staring at him on the way in. He paid no attention to them, but knew that trouble could be brewed very quickly in a place like this. Without hesitation, he sat at the bar, his blonde hair swaying from the dry wind that gusted in the bar every now and then from the door swinging open.

When he made eye contact with the bartender, he put his hand up.

"I need a drink.."

As he mustered a few credits to pay for it, he mumbled to himself, just loud enough to be heard.

"Where the hell do I go to join the Empire?"

jae.jpg

*The man's face betrays nothing, but inwardly he gasps. Barton had been responsible for betraying the Empire during the Emperor's previous tenure. He had all but disappeared from the galaxy since his Highness' return. Could this man be telling the truth, or were the rumours that Barton was dead in fact the truth of the matter?*

'Really? That's... interesting. But the word on the street is that Barton is dead, pal. What makes you think you've got the genuine article?'

Geki1.jpg

http://www.themire.co.uk-- being a veracious and lurid account of the goings-on in the savage Mire and the sootblown alleys of Portstown's Rookery!

Alexander smirked under his face mask at the mans comment. The Empire seemed a bit lack luster if they believed everything the rumor mill churned out.

"I always wondered why the Empire didn't have more bounties out. I guess it is because when they 'hear' someone is dead...They believe it. I've got him on my ship; unconscious. If the Empire isn't interested, or can't afford the bounty, I'll take him somewhere else..."

thing.jpg

*The man offered his own smirk in reply, secretly infuriated at the bounty hunter's irreverent attitude towards the Empire.*

'I imagine that the Empire didn't bother pursuing Barton more aggressively because, frankly, he's a little fish in the ocean of sharks the Empire is out to bag. That's not to say that they don't want him, though. I'm still interested in how exactly you intend to prove that he's the genuine article. From what I hear, Barton was a bit of a chameleon, sunshine.'

----------------------------

*Jae's comment is heard by a young woman drinking nearby. The cantina, whilst no longer owned by the Emperor, was still a hotbed of Imperial sympathisers and it was still possible to get in touch with the powers that be via the denizens of the dingy cantina.

The woman sidles over to the newcomer. She is not an attractive woman- she is sturdy and plain- and this is actually a boon to her line of work. She is seldom approached by men- human men, in any event- which leaves her free to pursue other activities. It also means that the men she does speak to are serious about pursuing what they are pursuing, since they couldn't possibly be talking to her for any other reason.*

'Hi there, pal. How's it going?'

Edited by Guest

Geki1.jpg

"In my efforts to secure a man, I came across someone that had a sample of his DNA. He offered to sell it to me, so I could have Barton cloned then bring him in. I killed him for mocking the hunt, but took the sample in case a situation like this came up. I can compare the mans DNA with the sample I have."

Alexander tapped the table with his finger as he looked around, amused at the fact that the Empire considered this man a 'little fish.'

"If this man is a little fish, despite having taken out all of the Jedi Spec Ops group and the Jedi leader at once, plus numerous other events that would speak of his combative prowess...then whom does the Empire consider big fish? They don't get much bigger then this...and to get him on a million credit bounty? Rather astounding anyone would risk themselves for that."

thing.jpg

As he looked up, awaiting his drink, he found himself face-to-face with a strange looking woman. She wasn't pretty, yet she wasn't ugly. She asked him how she was. He was a little confused, but replied anyway.

"I'm good...waiting on my drink..."

jae.jpg

*The woman raises an eyebrow.*

'Yeah? Mind if I ask what your line of work is?'

---------------------------------

*The man finishes his drink and puts the mug on the table, looking Alexander in the eye.*

'I imagine the Empire would want to verify his identity independently before handing over that kind of cash, mate. I might know somewhere where such an ID check could be carried out. Might expedite the process of you bein' a poor man to you bein' a rich man.'

Geki1.jpg

Jae looked up at her. Now even more confused, and curious on why she would ask him such a question. He didn't even know if she was the damn bartender. He was thirsty, but maybe chatting with the woman would lead to a drink.

"My line of work?"

He chuckled a bit, taking off his gloves and setting them on the table.

"I guess you could say...I do the dirty work, people don't want to do themselves. I get paid. Simple as that. Boring, but simple."

jae.jpg

A small ship was ripped from space as it entered the atmosphere of the Tatooine. It settled in one of the many ports of the hot, sandy planet. Seconds later, a man was revealed.

He slowly walked towards the bar, not showing any signs of slowing until he got there.

Once inside the shady but nasy bar, Terren slowed his purposeful walk. He sidled up to the bar and ordered a drink.

It was there he sat drinking his liquid and viewing the regulars.

As Jae was speaking with the woman who was asking him odd questions, he glanced to his right and noticed a man sitting at the bar about 3 stools away from him. He looked familiar, almost too familiar. As he glanced back at the woman, his drink was set in front of him. He took a sip, ignoring the woman's comments as he eyed the man beside him.

"Wait a minute.."

He took a closer look. It was him. Terren Jethrow was his name. They went way back when Jae first started his line of work. They were good friends, up until they lost contact when they were both assigned to the same bounty. Jae got up, and slowly walked towards Terren, sitting on the empty stool next to him. The woman whom he was speaking was taking another drink order. Without looking at Terren, he spoke, sipping down his cold drink.

"So...was that bounty you stole from me all those years ago...worth it?"

A smile slipped across Jae's face as he spoke of the last moment they saw eachother.

jae.jpg

He set down his drink, shaking his head in disbelief.

"It is a small galaxy afterall...and that bounty was big. Real big. And I had my cross hair lined up on it, before you took the shot."

He finished his last sip setting it down on the table as the ice clanked around in the glass.

"So...how's business nowadays?..there's bounties all over the place now.."

jae.jpg

*The woman watches the newcomer go impassively. It wasn't her job to chase potential recruits, simply to feel them out discreetly. If he was committed to the Imperial cause, he would be back.*

----------------------------------------

*The man looks at Alexander, lighting up a thin cigarette dangling from his lower lip. He closes his lighter with a snap and pockets it, sending a stream of translucent blue smoke pouring from his mouth.*

'Well, I can take you there, if you like. I can't just hand it over, mate. You know how... sensitive these things can be.'

Geki1.jpg

Alexander considered his options carefully. The money would keep him from having to get payments to Kheldar, but he wasn't sure where this man would take him. It wouldn't be wise to just blindly follow him, but he felt he could handle his own if it came down to it.

"Fine. I'll head to my ship and meet up with you once you get to yours."

Alexander slid a small datachip across the table that gave the proper information for the man to identify his ship as well as a comm frequency. With that he rose from his seat and moved out of the door and to his ship to wait for the man's comm.

He wasn't sure if he'd have to leave the planet, or if it was somewhere here-but either way he was ready.

((Just post us leaving the system, to speed things along.))

thing.jpg

*The man nods, takes the chit, and heads for his own craft. As soon as he has located Alexander's craft and confirmed her as his, he slaves the two crafts together and overrides the navicomp so that it will carry no record of the journey.*

'All right, mate, let's go.'

*The two craft leave the atmosphere and jump into hyperspace.*

Geki1.jpg

Vash's ship sprung from the atmosphere as he quickly landed it within minutes just outside the bar. As he climbed out, he swayed his silver hair to the side, opening the bar doors. He sat at the stool. The bartender approached him, offered him a drink, yet he refused.

"I don't need a drink...I need to know who I need to talk to about joining the Empire.."

Kadaj.jpg

*The newcomer's request for information is not directly answered, because it is very direct and the Empire's agents in the bar have no wish to attract undue attention. An alternative is formulated and carried out; as the woman who is acting as recruiter in the bar walks past him, a hypodermic needle is jabbed into the man's arm. Within thirty seconds he is woozy and disoriented. Another thirty seconds, and he is falling from his chair, caught by a "concerned citizen".*

'Easy, buddy. Let's get you home.'

*The man is carried out by the "concerned citizen" and one of his friends. They haul him into a large skiff and make for the docking bay where other potential Imperial recruits were being loaded, ready for their journey to Imperial HQ.

Once the loading is finished, the recruitment freighter takes off and makes a series of random jumps before arriving at its destination...*

Geki1.jpg

With a flicker of pseudomotion, a modified YT-2000 Corellian Stock Light Freighter appeared from hyperspace. It made its way down to Mos Eisley, one of the few spots of civilization on a generally unforgiving world. As it made its approach, it angled towards the Mos Eisely Cantina.

Never will you find the more wretched hive of scum and villany, Moon Knight had heard said about it. This has been proven only true in my previous visits here. During his last visit, he had attempted to kill a member of the Black Sun. This had been unfortunately unsuccessful, and the being had escaped him, something that was generally not done. But Fett had chosen to allow him to escape in order to tend to some of the destruction the agent had caused in the process.

The freighter landed in a certain Docking Bay 94 and Moon Knight headed back into the hold, where Vash Mammon was waiting. "I shall accompany you, but we must not make it seem like we're associated," he said to the being.

He then waited for Vash to leave the ship.

iTJBZId.png