Mos Eisley - Tatooine

Tarrian Skywalker

The pain had begun to return again, and Airleas fought to regain conscienciousnes. She hears the cell door open, and her eye opened to see the blurr of Rane Scando standing above her.

Her other eye remained shut as it was swollen that way from the pounding she had taken through the streets of Coruscant. She tried to turn her head, and everything hurt. He could tell that there were some broken ribs, and a concussion. She hoped that she didn't have any internal bleeding. She could feel the blood in her hair, and realized half heartedly that she actually could feel her hair it hurt that bad.

Not even caring what she looked like, she watched as Rane came closer to her. Barely audible, "Why?" Her voice was scratchy, and she needed something to drink desperately.

Airleas.jpg

"It's nothing personal."

Scando removes a small flask from the back of his utility belt. The Mandalorian bounty hunter pours a bit of the flask's contents on the woman's open wounds, and then forces some down her throat. The alcohol tasted terrible; at least, that is what Scando's previous victims had told him, right before they died. Next, Scando grabs the woman's right arm, and injects her with a new drug ”“ this new drug makes the woman's body go stiff, as if she was a corpse, taken by rigor mortis.

"Now we wait."

"Your friends are taking their time, aren't they?"

Rane Scando smiles ”“ the bounty hunter's expression is masked by his Mandalorian helmet.

"They'll regret it."

Scando's expression hardens, and he draws his blaster pistol. Without hesitation, the bounty hunter shoots Airleas Lianahan in the leg...

Crying out in pain as she felt the shot, she bit her lip trying to do something...but she still was immobilized and she could not even comfort herself...blood dripping from her lip, a tear rolled from her eye.

"Rane, ...." she tried to come up with something to say and nothing came to mind. "Rane...what is it you want? If it is money, it is not a problem." She tried to breathe through the pain, and not even a jedi healing would help with it. her eyes started to shut, and her vision blurred from the amount of pain...she didn't realize that someone could be in this much pain and still be alive. Fighting back the darkness, she refused to let him not look at her when he hurt her.

Airleas.jpg

"I'd hate to have friends like the ones you have. Perhaps it is time to send them out a message ”“ you know how it is, speed things up."

Scando grabs Airleas Lianahan's stiff right arm, and snaps her middle finger back.

Warm blood pools beneath the woman as Scando leaves the holding cell.

Following the bread of crumbs left behind, Tares had made his way to the streets of Mos Eisley in search of his friend. He knew the man behind these acts, someone too familar to him. Thankfully he was familar with the man's ship as well.

Entering the hanger, Tares searched around the exterior of the parked craft. A familar presence could be felt in the inside... Airleas....

tares.jpg

The top hatch of Rane Scando's ship opens quite suddenly, and a rather large projectile, the missile attached to the Mandalorian bounty hunter's jetpack, rockets out and upwards. As the projectile hits the hangar's retractable dome, blowing it to pieces, Scando himself (one arm around the once again unconscious Jedi Master Airleas Lianahan, the other clutching a blaster pistol) rockets out of the ship. As Scando rockets up through the air, he squeezes the trigger of his blaster, sending a few well-aimed shots at Jedi Master Tares Vortex below. His head now turned to the heavens, Scando rockets out of the hangar and up into the open sky. Clutching Lianahan tightly, the Mandalorian bounty hunter spots a familiar locale in the near distance, and shoots off towards it ”“ the infamous Mos Eisley Cantina. Moments later, Scando touches down outside the cantina, and runs inside. Inside, Scando throws Lianahan behind the bar (the woman lands with a dull thud), and then quickly takes a seat at a booth near the cantina's entrance. One hand clutching his blaster under the table, the other clutching a drink on the table, Scando nods to the bartender, and then waits for Vortex to arrive once again.

Jurha's still nameless E-Wing landed at one of the cheapest landing pads she could get. I'm gonna get robbed... She thought miserably. I'm gonna come back and the engines and laser cannons will be gone.

Jurha locked her ship up as tight as she could and set the AI security system. Jurha snickered at the idea of Jawas running away on fire from the turrets, she burst out laughing. She'd just have to have faith in Aryian's security.

Jurha walked down the street scanning for large neon signs that said Look! He's here! Eventually she settled for a conspisiously crowded cantina. She wedged her way into the bar. The the Force hit her like a wave, Jurha had to stop and regain her balance.

This is it, she thought patting her beating heart. Suddenly she was very anxious and full of adrenaline. She wormed her way through the crowd to a empty table in the middle of the room. The table wasn't really empty. Two furry aliens were very, very close to each other whispering completely oblivious to the world around them. Jurha gave them an awkward wave as she sat down, they barely even looked at her.

She sighed and began scanning the bar. She found him surprisingly quick. Mandalorian armor, in a booth with a drink near the entrance. He was waiting for something or someone. If that was the case, he might get distracted enough for Jurha to find Airleas... Where ever she was.

I guess I'll just wait it out until I know more, Jurha thought sinking to her chair. And hope no one shoots at me or tries to buy me drinks.

jurhasiggy.bmp

God, if you're listening, smite this thread.

Like a perpetual state of deja vu, the E-Wing once again emerged from hyperspace and descended through yet another atmosphere system, this one arid, dry and dead; an utterly depressing world of yellow and brown. His ship flew low across the sand dunes, the torrent winds whipping the ground into a near unpassable wall, that is if the pilot was anyone but a Force User.

After clearing the hazing storm he neared his ship to the most famous spot on Tatooine: Mos Eisley. As the pair exited the ship, Andon closed his eyes and tried to sense the familiarity of either Airleas or his unknown female companion...the latter blaring like a beacon at the local cantina. With a casual pace the Jedi Knight made his way towards the bar, Daz-Ex matching his pace, both of their hearts fluttering with the excitement of the chase.

After a few minutes of walking the pair entered the establishment, the Heretic's eyes scanning around the interior, finding the girl after a few moments of glancing around. He nonchalantly made his way over to her, drawing a seat and sitting down at the table with her, watching as her eyes glanced over at the man in the mandalorian armor.

"Well, looks like you beat me here," he said in slightly heightened tone as to be heard over the noise of the bar, "looks like the drinks are on me."

The two flashed slight smiles at each other before Colos brought his face closer to hers, appearing to be hitting on her to the other patrons but in reality relaying a strategy. Lowly, he whispered to her...

unnamed.jpg

s.png s.png

Armiena's borrowed E-Wing landed in a seedy spot of Mos Eisley--seedy, even for Mos Eisley. She rigged up a booby trap with a sonic grenade to ensure that anyone attempting to interfere with her ship would experience... deafening consequences. She fully intended to return the snubfighter to the Jedi in one piece and in prime condition. The Alderaanian took a series of weapons from its tiny cargo hold.

To anyone observing her movements through Mos Eisley's corrupt streets, she appeared to be a mercenary. Because of her nondescript appearance, she managed to enter the cantina without being noticed. All physical evidence of her status as a Jedi was covered up.

As Armiena took a seat in a shadowy booth and ordered a pitcher of water, she immediately began analyzing the Cantina in case a fight broke out; estimating distances, identifying ordinary objects that she could use as deadly weapons, and assessing the patrons to determine which of them could pose a threat. She spotted the figure in Mandalorian armor pretty quickly--it was difficult to not spot a man wearing that kind of armor, especially in a dive like this. She also spotted the Gotal information dealer that she had intended to meet here.

Armiena sent out a tendril of the Force, touching the Gotal's mind briefly. The alien suddenly glanced around, then stared directly into the shadow Armiena was sitting in.

No threat, buddy, just business. This wasn't a simple Mind Trick; it was fairly well known that Gotals could sense other people's emotions. The information dealer frowned, then apparently decided that she didn't pose a threat at all, just a chance to make some money. Downing his drink, the Gotal stood and joined Armiena.

Needless to say, the dealer was not pleased that she wasn't some lowlife criminal in search of a bit of blackmail material. Instead, she intended to drain him dry, all in the name of settling his debt to her father. The dealer became no richer save for the debt that he cleared, and Armiena came away with the holes in her information plugged up. When the disgruntled information dealer finally got a chance to leave, he did so, opening up Armiena's view to the rest of the bar.

From where the Jedi Knight was facing, she had a view of Jurha and another man speaking closely to her--a Jedi, she assumed. She managed to catch Jurha's eye, and gave her a surreptitious wink over her evaporating glass of water.

drayyy.png

The spaceport of Coruscant and the Mos Eisley cantina converyed a similar feeling of failure influcted through every patron cruising between tables and boxes. On a stool next to a high table, I exacmined the world that surrounded us in a disturbed unison. My presence next to Andon's and his friend's appeared to me like a useless addition of a decimal at the end of an exponential equation, yet the fact that my identity remained unknown to the enemies of the galaxy gave me a full house to thrown on the table at the oportune time. What I didn't know was that I'd have to go all-in before the end of the hand.

After getting a mental map of the area and everyone's location through the force, Tares was ready to begin. Knowing the typical approach would be useless in getting Airleas back, he picked a more creative solution.

Sensing a nearby stone through the force, Tares clutched the rather large rock and floated it up. Hanging in the air, it slowly took off picking up speed as it went. At the sight, passing people ran away from the projectile. The whoosh of sliced air was advanced warning to all but those inside.

From behind the bar, the stone smashed through over the counter sending debris everywhere. Small enough to be missed by those in the cantina, the stone came to a rest mere inches away Rane. Sadly his glass was crushed....

tares.jpg

A series of transmissions are beamed to Rane Scando's ship, the Ion Raptor III, and then re-directed to the Mandalorian bounty hunter himself. The first video message that plays before Scando's eyes is from Wilmer Tatamagouche ”“ a strange rat-like creature that Scando had first met on Coruscant months ago; the rat-man tells Scando everything that had transpired at the Last Call. Scando smiles coldly. The second video message is from Feinrich Fimmler, the alien being that one of the Jedi Knights had nicknamed Sniffles...

"Hey, I told you could trust me, eh; I did everything just like you told me, eh. Ha, here, my man, I'll tell you what they smelled like ”“ and what they looked like, of course..."

After the second video message finishes, Scando quickly formulates a plan. The Mandalorian bounty hunter had seen several of the Jedi Knights enter the cantina ”“ his head stationary, Scando's eyes dart around, spotting each Jedi Knight that Feinrich Fimmler had described. Scando also spots a being in the shadows, staring at one of the Jedi Knights (the female one) ”“ Scando uses a device in his helmet to zoom in on the being in the shadows, and catches the quick wink; another target. Scando's cold smile widens. One hand still clutching his blaster under the table, Scando is about to put down his drink when the glass explodes in his hand.

"Damn thing tasted funny, anyway."

Scando springs into action.

Knocking his table over with his free hand, forming suitable cover for the moment, the Mandalorian bounty hunter crouches low and squeezes the trigger of his blaster three times ”“ the first shot hits Armiena's Gotal companion in the head (the Gotal slouches forward, dead); the second shot hits Armiena in the right shoulder; the third shot grazes the side of Armiena's head, burning off the being's right ear. Five seconds had passed. Next, Scando rolls the table over to the side, he now had a clear view of the table where the other Jedi Knights were sitting, and cover, should any retaliatory shots ring out from Armiena's direction. Squeezing off a few shots, Scando, using his free hand, pulls a concussion grenade free from his utility belt and rolls it over. As a blaster shot hits Jurha Kahn in the upper chest, the concussion grenade explodes ”“ Jurha Kahn and Andon Colos are thrown in Armiena's direction, along with a great deal of shrapnel; Daz-Ex Ether is thrown in the opposite direction, and is relatively unhurt.

Rising to his feet, Scando shouts out ”“

"Have the credits transferred to my account."

Scando activates his jetpack, and rockets through the air. Mid-flight, Scando whips out another concussion grenade, and throws it in the direction of Armiena, Jurha Kahn, and Andon Colos ”“ the trio are thrown in all directions, each severely burned. Turning to the side, positioned over the bar, Scando spots Airleas Lianahan ”“ the woman who had served as the bait in this trap. With a cold smile, Scando aims his left arm at the woman, and shoots three toxic darts at her from his wrist-mounted dart launcher.

With that, Scando rockets around the bar and blasts into the cantina's backroom. From there, Scando rockets out of the cantina. Spotting Tares Vortex at once, the Mandalorian bounty hunter aims his other wrist at the man, and fires his tow cable ”“ the cable wraps around the Jedi Master. Rocketing around the cantina, Scando builds up some speed and then swings Vortex through the cantina's front entrance. Breaking off his own attachment to the cable, Scando rockets away.

Hours later, in Mos Espa, Rane Scando enjoys a cool drink.

(OOC: Word of warning: if you're a Jedi, it's a really, really bad idea to follow a bounty hunter into a SEED-owned establishment. You just walked straight into a trap, friends and neighbours.)

*IC: As soon as Scando is clear of the building all exits to the cantina are sealed with cortosis-laced doors and shutters, and a powerful electrical field is activated. Lightning coruscates across the floor and springs up into the various Jedi trapped in the building, their bodies spasming arrythmically as the electrical charge earths...

Outside, twenty men surround the building in case of any escapes, high-powered sniper rifles firing cortosis bullets in hand and an E-web blaster turret trained on the Cantina's entrance...*

Uh...not to be a spoil sport...but...SEED can not go off the attack of Rane...all Jedi have to have a defensive post, and there is no one post maimings...personally since I am involved as Airleas, All mod rulings for this need to go through Will/blckclone.

((I'm not trying to jerk you around or anything, but is there an actual rule about that anywhere? I don't remember reading anywhere that someone can't go in and attack somebody, or a group of people, after somebody else has just attacked. That and, I don't see anybody having been maimed.))

EDIT -

In a fight, you must wait for your opponent to post before you can post your next attack. The only exception to this rule is if the person has not posted within three days of your last attack, in which case the fight can be continued.

((The rule doesn't say anything about somebody else entering the fight.))

Edited by Guest

OOC: I think SEED is fine in their attack.

IC: Unfortunately, Rane's incompetence got the best of him. The end of the detached cable still wrapped around Tares stopped a few feet short outside. In that moment, the main cortosis door attempted to come down on the high strength cable. Due to the laws of physics, the heavier object (the door) won the battle, but with major damage.

Meanwhile, the energy seemed to be attrached just to Tares. Draining into him, the Seed agents apparently didn't account for Tares' natural ability to absorb energy (Corran Horn style). Holding the energy in just for a few moments as it entered, the Jedi Master used the extra boost to expand his force control. Stretching out he felt the guns of six troopers outside. Like child's play, he pulled the guns out from the hands and floated them behind before the troops really could react.

Sensing the weakspot in the armor, Tares pulled the triggers ending the lives of the six. From there he floated the weapons around towards the other troops and began to fire....

tares.jpg

Everything happened so fast.

Blaster shots, grenades, broken glass and this light hum in the back ground as if a powerful generator was being turned on, slowly spinning to gather its charge. After a loud deflagration, I was thrown off my feet up on the counter of the bar. Between spilled liquors and lonely cigarettes, I remain, half conscious, because of the concussion grenade that had projected me. When the symptoms dissipated, I found myself in the open like a sitting duck with the barman almost pushing me to the floor. I twisted to a more comfortable position but with my hands on the sticky surface I found broken glass to cut myself pathetically. I was still dizzy with agitation but the shock of the glass cutting through the palm of my hand penetrated me and unleashed a flow of up to my brain and adrenaline kicked in.

Fate has a strange way of doing things sometimes, if lucidity had been mine earlier I would probably have had the reflex to get back on my feet on the electrified ground, but my hesitation and well placed bad luck had given me to the time to realize that the fight had stopped and everyone had found a peaceful spot on the sticky soil. The hum had left its place to a crackling sound that seemed to penetrate the body of everyone that strewed on the ground.

The way out was shut, but through my hazardous position I had been more lucky than I ever had thought possible, for the barman that had pushed me aside had in fact taken a step on the counter to get to a ladder formed by well placed pipes and structures. The man was obviously not at his first brawl, since the customers had a bad tendency to bring trouble in their wake. What I also assumed was that this coup was probably arranged with the man behind the establishement and I guess, he wouldn't have stayed til the showdown if he had not planned an escape route. From my position I still had an easy shot at the ladder. I made my way up with a noisy haste, for I knew the situation was soon going to go from bad to worse.

The ladder was in fact a escape going directly to the roof where I fell face to face with the barman, laying dead, pierced with multiple sniper shots. The idea of him being in league with the enemy quickly dissapeared from the reconstitution in my mind. The man had already saved my life, but he would help even more in his death. I guess he didn't expect that as the bullets went through him from every angle. I pulled my own weight on the roof, and I layed next to his cold flesh. Carefully I advanced like a snake in the water, barely making any ripple.

When I got to a wall on the side of the building, I drew a well-deverved breath that tranformed itself in a long sigh for I was somewhere relatively safe, for now at least, so I layed passively thinking of a way to make my luck last.

(OOC: Damn, I knew that when I sealed the entire building off, making it impregnable, I should have also sealed off the secret emergency exit you just made up. )

IC: *SEED thermal sensors pick up Daz-Ex as soon as he inexplicably makes it onto the roof. Three cortosis bullets from three high-powered rifles slam into his body.*

--------------------

*In the small cellar below the cantina, two SEED operatives watch the Jedi above via the security cameras.*

'One of them is feeding off the charge...'

'Interesting. And unanticipated. Course of action?'

'Pacify him with the turrets. And release gaseous countermeasures.'

*The first agent looks at his colleague, and eyebrow raised.*

'The Jedi may survive that, but the other patrons will not.'

'"Residents of Mos Eisley were shocked today as a bar brawl ended in tradegy"', *quoted the other agent.* '" Several members of the supposedly peaceable Jedi Order initiated a brawl, said by onlookers to be 'vicious and brutal'. Staff, fearing for their lives, activated security countermeasures. Tragically, a malfunction in the system saw everyone in the cantina regrettably killed."'

*The agents smiled mirthlessly.*

--------------

*In the cantina proper, the four security turrets turned to track the Jedi and began to bombard him with blaster fire. At the same time, gas is released designed to paralyse the nervous system and interfere with the respiratory process. A Jedi should be able to survive it, albeit unconscious; any non-Jedi are as good as dead.*

((My ear was shot off--there's your maiming. But that's fine by me. And thanks for posting again without four of the Jedi defending themselves--Andon, me, Airleas, and Jurha.))

Armiena's turso was burning in pain, but the armor vest she was wearing managed to absorb most of the energy from the blasts. She managed to absorb the lightning attack, having been warned of a possible follow-up attack by the bounty hunter's assault.

More significant was the loss of her right ear, and a considerable portion of her hair. She cursed; she had been growing that braid for most of her life, as befitted an Alderaanian, and considered it being shot off a direct insult. Armiena didn't waste time asking what was going on; she had figured on the fact that she was walking into a trap. It was time to make sure that as many of her friends survived it as possible.

Armiena threw herself across the cantina, behind an improvised barricade of overturned tables. A series of shots from her blaster pistol hit the pivots that the turrets twisted on, effectively rendering them useless.

She began yelling into her comlink, grateful for the fact that SEED was at least not jamming transmissions. At the other end of Mos Eisley, R5-D9 activated the E-Wing that Armiena borrowed from the Jedi and its shields. The autopilot was set to intercept with the cantina, and it flew at rooftop level.

With the last bit of breath remaining in her lungs, Armiena screamed. "Everyone, get down!" Her snubfighter was already audible, despite the sounds of gunfire. With a telekinetic push, she pulled the trigger on the control stick, firing a single, low-powered, linked laser blast.

The laser blast vaporized most of the rooftop from the Cantina, venting most of the poison gas instantly. It would become diluted in the atmosphere, so that those who accidentally breathed it in would only suffer a minor headache. Armiena ordered her droid to deactivate the shields and pop the canopy so she could leap on board. Only having to reach rooftop level, it was an easy jump.

Once Armiena was "safely" on board, she brought back up the shields and powered down the lasers, putting everything on shields and engines. Her E-Wing performed a desperate series of evasive maneuvers as she began throwing SEED troopers from their positions with the Force, beginning with the ones manning the E-Web.

drayyy.png

Rane Scando sighs; the Mandalorian bounty hunter had just received a message from a SEED agent stationed in Mos Eisley ”“ apparently the cornered Jedi Knights were pulling something. With another sigh, Scando stands and makes his way back to the battered shuttle he had stolen to get to Mos Espa (Scando hadn't been ready to go straight back to his own ship, having counted on being followed). Inside the shuttle, Scando powers up the engines and rockets up into the sky. After climbing up into the outer atmosphere, it took relatively little time to cross the planet and get back to Mos Eisley.

As the shuttle rockets over Mos Eisley, Scando receives yet another message from a SEED agent ”“ this one telling of a Jedi Knight that had quite miraculously absorbed an electrical blast. Not believing the ridiculous claim, Scando readies himself to re-enter the cantina and finish the job ”“ at this point, the Mandalorian bounty hunter spies the fighter hovering over the ruined cantina. With a sigh, Scando fires up the shuttle's weapons, and is happy to see that the shuttle was indeed armed with two proton torpedoes. Not wasting any time, Scando squeezes firing studs in his hands ”“ twin proton torpedoes lance forth and slam into the side of Armiena's fighter, blowing it up.

Armiena's burning corpse, ear missing, flies through the air, and lands inside the cantina, directly on the lap of none other than Andon Colos.

Edited by Guest

OOC: Oh dear, oh dear... don't you people have any sense of decorum?

I seriously lose all taste for RP'ing when people pull crap like this. Allow me to highlight the 'God syndrome' that seems to be afflicting a great deal of people atm:

The way out was shut, but through my hazardous position I had been more lucky than I ever had thought possible, for the barman that had pushed me aside had in fact taken a step on the counter to get to a ladder formed by well placed pipes and structures. The man was obviously not at his first brawl, since the customers had a bad tendency to bring trouble in their wake. What I also assumed was that this coup was probably arranged with the man behind the establishement and I guess, he wouldn't have stayed til the showdown if he had not planned an escape route. From my position I still had an easy shot at the ladder. I made my way up with a noisy haste, for I knew the situation was soon going to go from bad to worse.

The ladder was in fact a escape

Symptom one: inventing escape routes. Unbelievable. When I post that the building is sealed off, that includes any imaginary "escape routes" people might happen to fabricate.

She managed to absorb the lightning attack, having been warned of a possible follow-up attack by the bounty hunter's assault.

Come again? You "managed to absorb" an electrical current? I'd love to know how.

Armiena threw herself across the cantina, behind an improvised barricade of overturned tables. A series of shots from her blaster pistol hit the pivots that the turrets twisted on, effectively rendering them useless.

So, after having been shot several times and standing on an electrified floor, you manage roll across the floor to cover and destroy all four security turrets with your blaster. Impressive stuff.

She began yelling into her comlink, grateful for the fact that SEED was at least not jamming transmissions. At the other end of Mos Eisley, R5-D9 activated the E-Wing that Armiena borrowed from the Jedi and its shields. The autopilot was set to intercept with the cantina, and it flew at rooftop level.

And the impressiveness just keeps on coming; you command your astromech droid to fly your fighter at a single building in a large town, at rooftop level. Let's not even mention the fact that the electrical current would have probably taken out your comlink.

With the last bit of breath remaining in her lungs, Armiena screamed. "Everyone, get down!" Her snubfighter was already audible, despite the sounds of gunfire. With a telekinetic push, she pulled the trigger on the control stick, firing a single, low-powered, linked laser blast.

And then, you telekinetically control your ship to fire on the cantina. Of course, using your Jedi abilities you somehow 'sense' that the cannons are pointed at the roof. Note: Low-powered blast.

The laser blast vaporized most of the rooftop from the Cantina, venting most of the poison gas instantly. It would become diluted in the atmosphere, so that those who accidentally breathed it in would only suffer a minor headache. Armiena ordered her droid to deactivate the shields and pop the canopy so she could leap on board. Only having to reach rooftop level, it was an easy jump.

So, this low-powered laser blast destroys the entire roof of the cantina. That's some low-powered blast, I'd hate to see what it does on full power. Of course, the poison gas disperses almost instantly. It would be silly to think otherwise.

Once Armiena was "safely" on board, she brought back up the shields and powered down the lasers, putting everything on shields and engines. Her E-Wing performed a desperate series of evasive maneuvers as she began throwing SEED troopers from their positions with the Force, beginning with the ones manning the E-Web.

Subsequently, this one-woman army manages to 1) jump into her ship after surviving multiple laser blasts, an electrical current, and toxic gas; 2) Reallocate power to her shields and engines; 3) perform evasive manoeuvres and 4) use the Force to push troops away from the E-web.

I can't be bothered to RP this situation out when ridiculous stuff like this happens. You were trapped, but rather than accept the fact that Rane plain outsmarted you, you start pulling wonders out of your arse. I'm not even gonna ask for a mod ruling on this- I'm done here. Consider yourselves all miraculously free. Such cheap RP'ing doesn't warrant an IC response.