Mos Eisley - Tatooine

Tarrian Skywalker

where am I?

Moric slowly opened his eyes, all he saw was a mass of colors mixed together to create one giant blur. His head was pounding. He tried to get up and found that to be an extremly difficult task. The blur that was now dominating his vision was beginning to lift, his sight was returning, as was his memory. He was in the Mos Eisley cantina, watching a bar fight. Things got quiet, Moric got bored, and sleepy.

Moric checked his chronometer, he had been sleeping in the corner of the bar for hours, he had completly lost track of time. He suddenly remembered where he was supposed to be. Moric hobbeled his way out of the bar and made his way toward a blur that looked like his ship. He quickly entered and managed to pilot the thing into space again.

moric.jpg

The information dealer that Renn had been watching stood up from his table to leave. It's now or never, he thought, pushing away his drink and collecting his rifle. Before the dealer even left his booth, Renn pushed him back down on the frayed cushions.

"Relax, friend. I'm not her on a bounty." He spoke quietly.

"Well then, friend, if you'll excuse me?" He tried to stand up again, but Renn kept a hand on his shoulder, keeping him from getting up.

"I understand that you're an information dealer. So, you have something to sell that I need--information." The dealer kept his face passive, as if to say "For the right price..." Renn sighed, and slid a sum of credits across the battered table.

"I know that Coruscant was recently attacked, but the Rebels were repulsed by an unknown force. Who were these people?" No response came, and Renn began adding to the sum of credits before him. He was completely aware of the fact that the information dealer was ripping him off, but he knew he had no choice. Finally, the human spoke up, satisfied with his profit.

The man's voice came as a whisper. "The Rebel attack on Coruscant was blunted by the SEED. They're a team of pseudo-Imperials, bounty hunters, mercenaries, et cetera."

"Makes sense. How would I go about contacting their leader?" The dealer just blinked, inviting him to empty his wallet. Another stack of credits followed. He was about to just settle for shooting the dealer when he spoke up.

"Their leader's name is Jidai Geki, the governor of Sanity's End. As for contacting him, I can pipe up a query through the channels. If you're feeling daring, you can always head to Sanity's End to contact them." The dealer's expression suggested that this was stupid to downright suicidal.

"Thanks a lot." He refrained from shooting this scam artist, and handed a datapad to him instead. "The frequency on this datapad is for my ship's comm. She's the Warwitch. You get this datapad into the right hands, and you'll have earned your pay, you con artist."

Renn stood up, and gave the human a curt nod. He left the Cantina, and headed for his ship.

"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges!"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Hamis, if you're dead, then perhaps I should just leave." Came a robotic voice.

Renn suddenly woke up in his ship's pilot's seat. He had been dozing for an extraordinary amount of time. With a tired groan, he turned around to face Puffi Maa, rubbing sleepsand out of his eyes.

"No, Puffs, not dead. Just asleep." The mercenary said groggily. He checked his mail; Jidai Geki had not responded to his request that he sent via the information dealer for an audience. Renn briefly considered entering the cantina again to pump a few blaster bolts into the man's worthless turso, but decided against it. He needed to find some business soon.

He scanned through Galactic News and the Holonet, partially pleased and disgusted at recent events. He had no love left for the Empire now, who had raided his home planet. The Rebellion, on the other hand, was doing horribly, its Vice-Admiral captured, and probably gruesomely executed.

Oh, to hell with it. He decided. Scrolling through more news, he learned of the bombardment of Borleias, a world held by the Rebellion. There were probably a few Rebel teams there, sifting through the wreckage in search of survivors, he concluded.

So, to Borleias he went. Within a few minutes, the Warwitch was but a microscopic speck jumping into hyperspace.

"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges!"

Waltzing into the Mos Eisley cantina carrying a fresh batch of white and bouyant chrysanthemums, Faust ignores the other patrons of this "hive of scum and villainy" (though still peeling a wary eye on them) and walks over to the one person he's wanted to see the most for a long time.

"Hello luv," Faust states, plopping non challantly into a seat by Reagan, and ordering a drink from the bartender. "Sorry I've been away for so long. I've been on a bit of an extended assignment that... well..." As he speaks, the left side of his face contracts in an involuntariy twitch of frustration. "Let's say it didn't go quite as planned and was more frustrating than it should have been." He thrusts out the flowers. "Hope you like them."

In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed - but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

• 2 weeks later...

Reagan stood up and looked at Faust...she could not believe how nonchalant he was about his absense...In an instant Reagan's face turned as fiery red as her hair...

"Where have you been...you had me worried to death. No word, no message, no nothing...and you just stroll in here like nothing was wrong and you are only just a few minutes late..."

She stared at him a moment and then slapped him across the face..."I didn't know if you were alive or dead...."

She took a breath, and started to go into him again..."What you couldn't call, or message...????"

Reagan.jpg

Faust stoicly endures Reagan's tirade with until the slap. After the initial smacking sound, several patrons who withdrew to give the feared bounty hunter room, quickly vacate back to the other end of the Cantina, warily watching. Faust, unknown to Reagan, quietly draws his blaster pistol, discretely lifting it into his hands.

He lets her screaming reach a high point then casually fires a loud, shattering snap upwards at the ceiling, raining down a shower of sparks.

"Yes, luv," Faust replies back coldly, having hopefully shocked her out of her melodramatic fit, "as a matter of fact I was in a position where I couldn't send a comm." He places a hand on her shoulder, forcing her to sit down.

"It's been a very long and tiring job. I was put into an extended position as a retainer to SEED and was incidentially responsible for bringing in the Death Strikers. After that, and of course, there is no rest for the wicked, I was hired by a joint commission of SEED and the Empire to eliminate Admiral Black and if at all possible the Jedi Keiran. That meant quietly going under cover to where I couldn't send any comm that might have aroused suspicion. I managed to take out a whole capital ship single handidly, have the Vice-Admiral Forn thrown into jail where she died a slow painful death, but I didn't exactly meet my main objective and kill the smarmy bastard, so I'm just a bit sour about having wasted all my time working as a mole in the rebellion so some punk Jedi could uncover me, the same arrogant fop who offed my most recent employer not too long ago." He thrusts the flowers into her lap. "I'm sorry if I'm not too eliquent in asking for an apology, but what's done is done."

He takes a shot of hard liquor from a vacated glass. "Sorry to hurt your feelings on that sweetheart, but this line of work is murder and I'd rather be the hunter than the prey." He then relates the details of his short lived tenure as Lieutenant Johannes Berlioz of the Rebellion, telling of his arrival on Gala to flight over Borleais. On the issue of that voice that troubled him on Sanity's End, Faust remains silent, deciding to keep that to himself until he knew more about it. He breaks into a grin suddenly, immitating Johannes' faux accent. "Hope you like them flowers pardner', I picked 'em out me-self. Yer' a preddy lass and I think I like ya'."

In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed - but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

• 2 weeks later...

Reagan listened, and her mouth dropped open as he continued to explain all that had transpired in the past months. All of a sudden Faust breaks out in that accent and hands her the flowers...she could not help but laugh.

"Um...no one has ever given me flowers before." She was not sure what to do with them...She took them from him and smiled. "You know...you really are a sight for sore eyes...and I have missed you."

She took a step closer, 'hmmmm, what should we do to celebrate your return?"

She looked up at him with more then a bit of mischief in her eyes.

Reagan.jpg

Faust's icy blue eyes soften and the wide grin on his face breaks into a smaller, but warm smile.

"Don't know Reagan," he states, putting an arm around her and drawing her in, "but I can think of something. We can head back to my place. There are some other things I wish to tell you, when we're alone."

Behind him he hears a small snicker among a group of people watching the couple with the same fascination one watches a tiger caged in the zoo. Without even turning around, his blaster fires off a shot. There's a short, agonized scream, followed by a loud popping and sizzling sound. At that point, Faust turns his head over his shoulders, baring his teeth. The remaining occupants of the table, sans the one who made the sI am a racisting remark and seemed melted into the seat, vacate the premises in an expiditious manner. In about twenty more seconds, half of the cantina's population exits too. Faust draws a cold stare from the bartender, but when he meets Faust in the face, he quickly averts his gaze, finding something important to do in the back room.

"Sorry about that," he murmurs in Reagan's ear once most of the hive of scum and villainy left for greener pastures, "but I do have a reputation to maintain."

He continues in Johannes' accent, right where he left off before the interruption. "'An' I'm a sure once we get back to my place, we can'a get into a right bit of mischief, little lady. I can lasso up some cold ones and we can celebrate in a most engaging fashion and-"

At this point Faust's beeper goes off. Biting his lip and sighing, he checks it, seeing a special job come in. He leans over the Reagan discretely and whispers, "Half a moment, luv. This one's only a block or two down the way and I'll be right back." Faust sweeps out of the bar.

Fifteen minutes later, Faust returns back, nonchallantly strolling in just like when he entered. He's holding a somewhat bloody looking ice pick, wiping it off with a napkin he borrowed from the bar. Silently folding it back into his trench coat, he gently takes Reagan by the arm.

"Sorry about that. We should probably be leaving here soon. There could be a small political discussion erupting soon, sure to involve aggressive negotiations and I don't feel like wiping out half of Mos Eisley again."

• 2 weeks later...

Seeking for some refuge from the afternoon heat of Tatooine's sun, Kazya Rembrea ducked inside the Mos Eisley cantina and made her way over to the bar, taking a seat.

"Jawa juice, if you have it," she politely asked the bartender, who set a glass filled with the blue liquid down a few minutes later. "Thanks," she said, setting the credits down on the bartop.

I really need to find a new job... The supply of credits in her pocket had been steadily running lower ever since she'd lost her mechanics job due to the shop closing. But for now... Swirling the liquid in the glass around a bit, Kaz put the glass to her lips and tilted it up, downing half of it at once. Good stuff.

Scorp gently landed his X-wing in some random docking bay. He had no idea why he had come here but he figured that as long as he was here he should find something to drink. Jumping out of the cockpit he wrapped his cloak around himself and quickly shielded his eyes. He payed his docking fee for being unscheldued and then went in serch of a bar. Find a big one he went inside and was greeted by a tempeture change of is he was lucky two degrees. He shook his hed to clear the sand that had already lodged itself in his face and hair before walking over to the bar tender and ordered himself a simple glass of water. While he was on Tatooine he might as well travel in to the dune sea to train a bit and condition himself some more. Taking a seat in the back of the bar he quietly sipped his water and viewed the activity of the bar.

Scorp.jpg

Well, you could always just post something like "OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

*A group of sinister-looking men enter the cantina and glower menacingly at the clientele. Two of them remain at the door, leaning nonchalantly against the frame, whilst the other three approach the barman.*

'We'd like to speak to you, in private.'

*The barman is bundled into a back room, and the door is closed. One of the men positions himself outside whilst negotiations for the ownership of the cantina take place inside. The negotiations are fairly short, ending with muffled voices and a silenced carbine shot. The two men come out of the room, nod to their companions, and leave. The three men install themselves in the cantina, one as a bartender and the other two as bouncers. SEED's legitimate front has established itself.*

(OOC: I don't know if I'm stepping on any toes here. Will, if you or an alias owns this cantina then I won't contend you taking it back, but I don't think anyone actually owns this place.)

Scorp had just finshed the last of his water when a group of men came in. They didn't seem to friendly and one was glaring. So Scorp threw his hood above his head and opened himself up to the force. It seemed that the men were hostile. He noticed as they nabbed the bartender and bundled him. Scorp was indeed curious to why this was taking place so he opened himself up to feel out his surrounding. HE felt panic and anger coming from the guy they had just taken a away and then he felt him die. Scorp stood up he felt something funny about these men but they had just commited a crime. Scorp though about the best way to go about this he noticed the other guys leave after giving a nod and saw two guys who looked like they could be bouncers move into a secure position. Then he noticed a third man take the bartender's place.

Scorp drew his cloak about him and walked up to the bartender.

"Hey where did the other guy go?"

Scorp.jpg

*The new bartender, polishing a glass, grins at Scorp. It is lthe sort of grin one usually sees attached to a dorsal fin and sudden, watery death.*

'The cantina's under new management, pal. We had to make the former staff- redundant.'

*Behind him, the two new bouncers tense for trouble, hands on comlinks.*

Scorp didn't like the answer he had been given so he was going to place the bartender under arrest.

"I here by place you and your staff under the authority of the Jedi order under arrest for the murder of the last Bartender. If you would come with me please."

Scorp gestured with his left hand for the Bartender to follow him when one of the bouncers suddenly threw a punch at him. Ducking down he quickly uppercutted the guy only to find himself geting punched in the back. Crashing into the first Bouncer, Scorp used him to break his fall before jumping to his feet and delievring a roundhouse kick to the second bouncer's diphram. Then kicking the first bouncer in the head he tackled the Bartender just as he pulled out a gun. By now most of the cantina's members had streamed out but a few were indeed left. Scorp wrestled the man to the ground and punched him in the back of the head to knock him out. He needed no complications at this point in time. Suddenly he heard gun fire. It sounded with a sort of poping sound before he relised that the were firing solid projectiles. Scorp watched under teh counter as the projectiles outer shell seemed to break apart when it hit another object. Picing up a pieces he examed it as Cortosos. Suddenly one of the bouncer guys got smart and came around the counter and aimed his gun at Scorp.

Scorp however wasn't in the mood for this Using the force he slammed a chair into the back of the bouncer's head. Then grabbing him by the neck he threw him into a table. Then the second bouncer the one he had kicked in the diaphram started to rise. So to keep it from happening Scorp grabbed the first's one's gun and jabbed the fallen man in the back with it. Then grabbing some simple rope he disarmed the men and tied them up. Then getting himself a glass of water he proceeded to take the men to the first authorities that he could find.

((Well I guess mesa have now open up a can of worms. oh well))

Scorp.jpg

(OOC: You posted my actions. Not cricket.)

IC: *Reinforcements are called as soon as the Jedi decides to play lawman in the cantina. As he attempts to leave the cantina, ten nano-augmented Heretic-class enforcers enter the cantina with several vornskyrs. The animals are set upon the Jedi and maul him viciously before being pulled off. Scorp is dumped on the outskirts on the town, with a warning that he is forbidden the cantina on pain of pain.*

((Sorry had no clue how to deal with them.))

Scorp sat on the outskirts for about three days. HE had locked himself in a jedi Healing trance. Then feeling ok for his mauling and his accelrated healing he decided he was going to bring those guys to justice. But just incase he was killed in the process. He quickly press a few buttons on his remote then happy that he w as set if not still in extreme pain. HE figure it was time to go about this in a new way. One that involved his Lightsaber. Which oddly he still had on him. Taking some more time to heal he walked back into to town and made his way toward the cantina. Force alert and everything. He noticed an increase in guards which looked like the local hutt worshipers. Yep this was gonna involve some serious pain. Since the hutts were law on in this area. And while normally he would listen to the Hutts authority the first group had no right to murder a man for his bar. Scorp staked out the bar from a couple of vendors down aways.

Scorp.jpg

Still mulling over the job situation, Kaz was rather absorbed in her drink when the bartender disappeared only to be replaced a few minutes later. Paying it no heed, she looked up at the Holonet broadcast that had just come on.

Are you looking for travel and adventure? Tired of working in an office all day? Then "The Link" is for you!

We're looking for dedicated Pilots, mechanic's and those that would be interested in working for our travel agency.

We'll be your Taxi across the Galaxy!

Opening soon in Upper Coruscant.

Applications to:

Zara and Kat Nargal

Level 5, Warehouse 54276

Upper Levels

Coruscant

Comm Link code: Pantha

Mechanics and pilots, huh? I can go for that... why not? Leaving a few credits on the bartop as a tip, Kaz set her empty glass down and walked out of the cantina and down to the docking bay, her ship leaving the atmosphere not long after.

*A burly doorman exits the cantina and nails a parchment to the door reading 'under new management'. Behind him a group of technicians and decorators arrive and begin to fix the cantina up with a new decor and security measures.*

Smiling at Faust, Reagan grins at him..."yes, we don't want to have those aggressive negociations interfering with our party for two now do we?"

Taking Faust by the hand, she started toward the door to the bar..."Hey, let's go to my place on Corellia, I have a huge house that I would love to show you around." She just kept that mischievious smile on her face and continued toward the door.

Reagan.jpg

Smiling, though not without a parting nod to the SEED ops in charge of the bar, Faust follows Reagan out, taking her ship and cyber-remote piloting the Bhelliom into following.

A short time later, both ships vanish into hyperspace.

• 1 month later...

((Damn was this thread low...))

The Strife Reborn popped out of hyperspace above Tatooine. The pilot, Keiran Valoria brought the ship into the spaceport of Mos Eisley. He disembarked, locked the ship down, and headed towards the infamous Mos Eisley cantina. Keiran entered the cantina and ordered a corellian ale as he waited for somebody to approach him.

siggggy5ko.jpg

Jareth heeded Keiran's advise and hung in a low orbit around the planet.

The waning sith's force awareness stayed focused on Keiran, but remained broad around his surroundings. Jareth had no clue how powerful the dark syndicate had become, they could attack at anytime.

Using the lessons his master taught him, the Pale Dawn is shielded from looking or appearing abnormal by will of Luciferian's use of the dark side, being nothing more than one of many ships entering and exiting near the space port of Mos Eisley.

Unlike the other ships, Luciferian does not dock it at the space port, but instead relies on a pre-arranged bribe to land his nimble fightercraft into a small cave some distance from the city. Striding out into the hot Tatooine sun with his white cape and hood, Luciferian glances back at the cave- now secured against the incursions of Tuskins, Jawas, or others... Waiting for him is a land speeder, again provided by a former contact in the city gained as Faust the Hunter.

Entering the city, Luciferian keeps his will up, masking his presence still- the effort being applied in the back of his mind, hiding his thoughts and intentions from any that might be waiting or watching.

A small child strolls across the bazaar like streets, giving Luciferian the idea fo give Keiran his welcoming gift. The Sith grins, eyeing the child with his cold blue eyes. Deftly moving he follows the child, aged about six with dark hair and large black eyes, luring him into an alleyway. There's a short choked scream, cut off by Luciferian's will pouring into the tiny maliable mind.

Of all his powers, the ability to ravage a persons mind and bend it to one's will remained his favorite.

The child, looking none the worse for the wear, emerges from the alleyway. Though at a closer glance his energy and excitment, and that glowing spark of life has vanished from his eyes.

"Go little one," murmurs Luciferian in a low voice. "Give this to the Jedi Master. Tell him Darth Luciferian welcomes him to Tatooine. After you've delivered your message, tell him where he can meet me so the real fun can begin." Sending the child on his way, Luciferian melts into the crowd and vanishes.

The interior of the Cantina, being the usual hive of scum and villainy, barely notices the small child entering and making a beeline for the Jedi Master- the master's image burned forever into the child's mind by Luciferian's dark powers.

"Greetings Master Veloria," the child intones in a deep and hollow voice. "My master, Darth Luciferian, bids thee welcome to Mos Eisley."

Clutched to the child's chest in both hands, clenched with white knuckled fingers against his dirty smock, is a beeping thermal detonator, the child's hands pressed to the deadman's trigger, which if released, instantly triggers the baradium core.

"He instructs me to give you this as a gift before telling you where you may meet him."

The child, once innocent and young, cracks into a hideous smile, wrapping the beeping device tightly around himself to make removing it without harming him harder as the precious seconds count down.

Keiran looked down at the deranged child, thermal detonator clutched to his chest.

"God dammit"

Keiran closed his eyes and reached out with the force and reached towards the intricate inner workings of the thermal detonator. Being the unofficial mechanic of the entire jedi order, feeling his way around the inside of the small sphere was child's play... ironic, considering who was holding the deadly ball.

Keiran grabbed the mechanism of the deadman's switch from inside and held it tightly using the force, he then found the detonator for the baradium core and disconnected the microscopic wire connecting the two. Satisfied, Keiran released his contact with the force and watched with satisfaction as the timer counted down... and did nothing. Keiran then leaned down to the child and spoke.

"Now, where may I find your master?"

siggggy5ko.jpg

Adding insult to injury, an evil transmission comes in.

"Lord Ar-Pharazon, Satan of Hell and Master of Ryloth is issuing a great bounty proposition. He is giving a planet to the hunter that can bring him the head of Jedi Ara Lai Kaipi.

Also, the moon for the one who brings him the head of Keiran.

666"

MOPUTH.png.8384403141004c3701f23e882b04716f.png

Is there anyone in this rout with authority to treat with me?

Luciferian's lip curls as he makes his way into the darkness of the cave where he parked his ship, feeling the undulating evil radiating out from the Mouth's message.

Show off.

Oh well. There'd be time to have sport with his prey before the end.

The child still fixes its eyes on Keiran in a hidious grin. "My master bids thee to seek him out 50 miles north of the city in the Dune Sea. He will take your life if you go to him and add your soul to rest with Master Gantoris'. You will fail to save him as you did me in pursuit of your message." The child suddenly throws himself at Keiran, a long slender knife sliding out of his smock. The blade slices up, ripping through his own catherial artery. While any other place might have proven more lethal, the dramatic effect suited Luciferian's ends more. A great crescent of blood showers up as the child falls over with a scream, spraying Keiran and staining him crimson.

To the other by-standers at the bar, they only hear the scream, then see Keiran, covered in blood with a dead child at his feet, the suicide weapon bured under his fragile and tiny body, unnoticed and unseen by any of the callous and usually passive customers. The word "child murderer" ripples through the crowd, though no one really cares enough to lift a finger, being the dregs of the galaxy that they are.

((To be continued in the Tatooine thread))

Keiran watched with horror as the child's blood spattered all over his robes.

"Somebody will pay..."

Keiran turned to the bartender and whispered a few silent words, he then deposited a single coin in the man's hand and strode off, disposing of the blood-covered robe.

As Keiran made his way back to the spaceport, he grabbed his comm and sent a message to Jareth in orbit.

"Jareth, this sith lord is 50 miles north of Mos Eisley, in the dune sea. Meet me there and we shall kill him together, he has caused enough pain here in the cantina to validate his murder."

Keiran boarded the Strife Reborn and left the city.

((Jareth, tatooine thread))

siggggy5ko.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The retracting dome of a small hangar closes as the twin suns set. Inside the hangar is the third Ion Raptor, still cooling down after a long journey through space. Inside the ship, Rane Scando prepares to give his prisoner another dose of the good stuff; as the holding cell containing Jedi Master Airleas Lianahan hisses open, Scando sneers.

"All too easy."