Ryloth

Darth Heretic

Black had been waiting in the hall, watching the fight the whole time. He had blended in with the ill-illuminated hall with his dark attire that gave him his call sign. Watching the fight, he realized how foolish he had been to try to take Canderous as a captive and keep him safe for the fight. It had been every man for himself and Black was thinking only about the safety of others.

Foolish. Waste of honor and waste of a clone. I'll not be so careless in the future.

He watched the victor walk out of the arena to claim his prize. Part of Black wanted to know what they had been fighting for, then dismissed the idea. They had been fighting for honor. Nothing else. All other prizes irrelevant, and to a degree insulting. To assume that Mandalorians cared about such material things. Faust was playing to everyone's seemingly covert yet constantly present side of greed. To some degree everyone desired something more, never truly satisfied with what their fate had given them. Black shrugged of this moment of inner awareness and collected his equipment. He managed to get everything back except for the original trench coat and the body itself. He considered for a second taking the body with him, but decided against it. This body, without the collective insight he had recently gained from the battle, failed here, and here it would remain. He walked toward the exit of the arena and stood next to the crater. So much devastation for honor. All worth it.

He looked around the room, hearing a subtle requiem for the fallen that stood out in the room. He tipped his cap to the corpses and walked out, now stained with the dishonor of defeat.

Where is the next step? I do have that job lined up with that pirate. Where else can I find a challenge? A place where the adversaries are plentiful and battle certain?

Black got on his ship and left Ryloth, hoping to leave behind the shame that occured here. But even through the vacuum of space, it clung to him.

Where is left to escape?

PirateBlack-Arghcopy.jpg

Mirdala watch in silence as the victor was decided. It was the one that had slain her friends.

Why is it that none of the competitors could have followed the simple self-restraint needed to keep from killing their opponents? Surely the true Mando'ade could exercise restraint and control their abilites to operate their tactics and skills in accordance with the rules. This tournament, or slaughter caused Mirdala's mother's voice to ring in her head...

Any half-wit with a gun or grenade can kill another, Mir'ika, but the true warrior knows how to control themselves and to utilize the same result with the least amount of force. That is how we differentiate ourselves from the aruetii.

She watched the little droids strip the bodies of her childhood playmates of their beskar'gam, and she came to the conclusion that they knew what they were getting into when they arrived. Had they known of their immanent deaths?

Her thoughts were rolling over one another as each new one tried to make itself the main thought in her mind's focus. Mirdala took a deep and calming breath, using her indomitable will to still the sea that threatened to overtake her.

The Mando'ad woman watched as their host brushed brusquely past her and Adenn to step back into the arena to present the victor with his spoils.

After presenting the surviving Mando'ad with the Sith Steele armor, Faust turned to face the couple.

"I believe dinner awaits. There are matters I would discuss with you two, in private of course."

Mirdala remained silent, but gave a slight nod to indicate that she'd heard him, and then followed the pale figure with Adenn close behind her.

She wished that she knew what was going through Adenn's mind as well. Were his thoughts as tumultuous as her own scattered thoughts? What was to be asked of them?

Mirdala was glad that she had her husband's strength to draw from, and glad that she was here with him so he had her to back him up as well.

((*pokes Adenn* It's okay if you post too...lol...))

fMZZcER.png

Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya. - "Train your sons to be strong but your daughters to be stronger."

“A Mandalorian woman's greatest talent is not her charm or beauty, but her strength of body and will.” - Mandalorian proverb

Adenn walked in grave silence behind Mirdala. A hundred questions rushed through his mind at once. What would happen to them now? Who was this Faust fellow? Why was he so interested in them? What was for dinner? He struggled to keep his composure calm and collected and to make sure the Mirdala did the same. She had always been the compulsive one of the two, though looking at the couple you wouldn't know it.

Adenn had an imposing figure, and many had mistaken him for the 'bully' type, which couldn't be more far off. He had always been the more passive one, looking for the logical way out of a situation, rather than rushing into one, like Mirdala did most of the time, and as she had just recently demonstrated in attempting to kill Fox and Duo. Another close example had been just before they had aquired the Cantina, when she had attempted to disable the man who could easily have been intimidated and left alone.

This man Faust was not one to be trusted, as he had proven just moments ago. Adenn had hoped to escape from this slaughter without further incident, but Faust had seen that that wouldn't happen. What did he want with them now? They wished nothing more than to get back to their Cantina and run their lives the way they had been. He had been so stupid to have wanted to come here. For once he had been the compulsive one, and Mirdala had almost not come, he could see it in her eyes.

She seemed quite disturbed by the death of her childhood friends, more so than he had seen her in a while. She hadn't seen these people in more than 10 years, why did this bother her so much? Death was a natural part of life, it was just something that Adenn didn't understand. He was content to just follow her slim form to dinner and hear what Faust would say.

AdennGalaarsig42607.jpg

Verd ori'shya beskar'gam

Faust leads the way to a private dining hall where dinner is already laid out. There are a few wines, some ales, assorted greens, and variety of meat cuts- most of them raw and bloody per the Hunter's personal preference. Faust takes a seat at the end of the table, set for two, though he notes Reagan's absence with a silent sigh and motions for his two guests to take a seat at the far end. With that, he dismisses his guards, leaving the three of them alone.

"I do not entirely blame you for fleeing," Faust begins briskly getting down to business. "The tournament I am afraid, was as you suspected, meant to destroy most of the Mandalorian warriors in the galaxy- after a fashion of course." His eyes burn bright as he states that, watching his guests, trying to guage their reaction. He gives an immediate follow up, attempting to cut off any unpleasantness that might follow lest he is misunderstood.

"I said destroy, not slaughter or kill. One thing many Sith forget is killing a man is not destroying him. Taking away his home or family is destroying a husband, taking away the country one swears to protect destroys a soldier. If one dies, the body is broken, but the spirit endures, making death, like the slaughter here, meaningless. If one wishes to destroy someone bound in honor, then shame is the best way to achieve that end, would you not agree?"

Faust gives the two a moment to consider his words, then continues, cutting a bloody piece of meat onto his plate. "I'm sure my own reputation proceeds me, so you know I have respect for the bounty hunting profession being the highest paid hunter at work in the galaxy right now. Mandalorians have been consumate in this area for years and I've had the pleasure of witnessing many of your kind in action, though of late it appears that the Mandalorian name does not go as far as it used to, no longer being as respected or feared as it once was. Hence the tournament as it was, was designed to test the mettle of those who would take up the name, shame those less deserving into retirement, and use those more deserving, but who lost, to help me with my own ends in exchange for receiving back the armor which they laid on the table- all for their pride and honor."

Faust takes a small bite, wondering if he's said enough to encourage his guests to kill them, given his candidness regarding his plans which no doubt bordered on insult. Still, Faust had no intent to perish here and would see these two working for him.

"As it is, you two showed up and took the better course to preserve your lives following that unprecidented bloodbath. Your armor though, per the rules should still be forfeit given your flight from the arena. These are the rules you agreed to by showing up and your own sense of honor should compell you to follow them. I will not be collecting yours as for what I propose, you will have need of every bit of protection you can muster. I have been honest with you," Faust admits, which on this rare occassion was actually true, "so I ask that you be honest with yourselves and admit this fact."

Sensing his prickly guests might be ready to accept his proposal, Faust delivers his job offer. "There are five names which I have an interest in. The three Kal-Korans showed up, bungled the fight, and paid the ultimate price for their feeble efforts. They will need training in how to properly fight and to stand on their own two feet. You are probably the only ones who show any regard for them, so I'm leaving it to the two of you. If you can turn them into half way decent fighters, they may have their armor back. I do not think this is unreasonable."

Faust continues eating, pouring another small glass of bloodwine, though its alcohol content is very minimal. Though he looks at ease, indulgent and casual, he senses, all six, are on edge and his guard is kept up lest the two find his proposal unreasonable.

"The second set of names are two people I wish brought to me, alive. The first is an old woman of the Miraluka race by the name of Misal Draygo. She has some nasty abilities she no doubt imparted on her worthless and late daughter, Armiena Draygo the former Jedi Grand Mistress, so she might be more trouble than you think. The last, and one whom you will probably need the Kal-Koran's help on is one Admiral Onderin Starlisk, the supreme commander of the Alliance forces. The man is trouble and a Jedi master, but I would hope he still provides an interesting... challenge... for ones of your capabilities."

"In exchange for this, you would honorably square your own debt and receive your armor back, as well as earn the Kal Koran's honor back too. If there is additional compensation in terms of credits, weapons, or assistance, I am willing to negotiate further."

In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed - but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

Adenn frowned at what was being layed out in front of them.

"So all we have to do is train three undisciplined people, capture the Jedi Grand Mistress' mother, and capture a Jedi Master...Sounds simple enough to me..."

Adenn looked to his right and saw a mischevious twinkle in his wife's eyes. She was looking forward to this challenge. She had always been the more complusive one, but that was what made her so loveable. Perhaps this would be fun- in a way- after all. Maybe it would be good experience.

"In terms of negotiation, I am wondering just how much you want for these two people you wish to capture. Say a million a piece, and some assistance from your sizeable forces, not in man power, but just in aquiring a few things that we might require for the capture of these two dangerous beings. Of course it would be our honor to train the Kal-Korans, they we're Mirdala's childhood friends. So what do you say Faust? How badly do you want these two?"

Adenn took a bite out of the raw meat settled in front of him, then drank a small portion of the ale he had requested, leaning back in his chair, waiting for the bounty hunter's answer.

AdennGalaarsig42607.jpg

Verd ori'shya beskar'gam

Faust leans back in his seat, the smile on his face slowly growing to reveal his teeth. He had them, hook, line and sinker, and now it was just a matter of negotiating the numbers.

"For a million each, I'll do the job myself. Chewbacca only meritted 40,000 for the Hutts- this for the Wookie that busted out of Star's End prison and even helped co-pilot the ship that cleared the way for Skywalker to sink the original Death Star. I'll be generous though, and offer over double that at 100,000 for Misal." Faust takes a sip of his wine, considering what to ask for Ondeirn. "For Onderin though, if you can bring him alive and whole, I will see to it that the full million is delivered."

"Now," he begins, setting the wine down, his smile drawing into a smirk, "for support, you have the full might of the Empire at your disposal. Imperial intelligence with its long arms, caches of weapons to level entire systems a dozen times over, and the like are at beck and call, so I do not think you will be wanting here." The smirk narrows into a tight smile that almost shows off his white teeth like fangs. "Of course," he adds smoothly, his eyes glittering, "if you do an excellent job in capturing these two, and your future jobs do not compromise his majesty's ends, I can arrange for it so that the intelligence network, the armorments, and other support will be accessible to you at a later date for any bounties that cross your path."

"That in itself is worth millions I would think. Do we have an accord?"

In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed - but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

"Jesus, what is it with you Imperials and your history. Just a few days ago some Imperial nut made us pay 500k for some cantina where that Skywalker kid threw up...That was 200 years ago. This is now..."

Adenn looked over at Mirdala. They didn't really have a choice in the matter, they were going to take these bounties as their heritage depended on it, but now it was a matter of what it would bring them. 1.1 million credits was a lot, as well as the might of the Empire, but how would they pull off the capture of a Jedi Master, espeically one who was in a base full of Jedi?

Adenn let a smile creep on to his face. Of course they could. There was nothing that would stop them. If this was what it took to get Faust off their back, as he would surely follow them even if there were a way to escape this dreaded place. With one last glance at Mirdala, he let his ale slowly descend towards the table and brought his eyes up to look directly at Faust.

"We accept. We will train the Kal-Korans, and bring in Draygo and Starlisk, alive like you've requested. Do we have a time table for how quickly you need this done, or just at our leisure, to ensure that we are not rushed and do not make any mistakes..." Adenn trailed off, hoping that Mirdala would correct him if he had made any mistakes.

AdennGalaarsig42607.jpg

Verd ori'shya beskar'gam

Faust gives a small chuckle, hearing about the price, his own memory, perhaps owing to conflicting flows of time and its ebb (Some would say, the son of the late Sith Lord Bahrom Zar: Viano's time tampering was to blame), remembered a time two decades ago when Jabba still ruled Tatooine and Vader still served under the Empire. "I remember working on Tatooine in my youth with a smuggling troupe a few years after it was famously denounced as a 'hive of scum and villainy'. Despite all that vaunted history, it's still a bar, no more, no less and still the same old hive it ever was."

Faust continues. "As you should probably know, both of these individuals are force users. The Empire has ysalmari harvests from Myrkr, as well as a supply its long received from certain businesses. We can supply the two of you with a portable nutrient frame and a ysalmari to mitigate the worse of their possible powers. As for the time frame... soon would be nice, though like fine art, a well executed bounty takes time."

A silent voice seemed to whisper in the Force. It was barely a whisper, but nonetheless enough to prick the ear of those who knew how to listen to the all-encompassing energy field.

I see you, Hunter, you cannot hide. I see you.... I see you. Running will only prolong the hunt.

If Faust looked only a few degrees above the shoulders of the gathered Kal-Korans, he might have been astonished to see that Misal Draygo had, in fact, come to see him. A short woman, she stood only a handful of centimeters above his guests. But she was there, veiled gaze fixed upon the visage of the self-styled Hunter, with nary a tremble of fear in her figure or a wrinkle in her concealing gray robes.

A quick glance at the expression of his guests would have made clear that he was the only one who could see the unexpected visitor.

"Mr. Faust, this... clumsy plan is doomed to fail. When we do meet, it will be on our own terms. Then, there will be nothing to hide behind; no pretense, no shadows, no deception or plots... only light... and the truth. But, if you are content to rest on your laurels--no matter how trite they might be--you are free to amuse yourself by watching your minions scour the galaxy for a ghost. Until later, O Tenacious One..."

With rich, condescending laughter echoing in only his ears, the gray-robed vision began to fade, leaving behind a thin curtain of dust specks that began to settle on the floor.

If Faust chose to contact his spies to try to locate his quarry, he would have discovered that the Ghost Breath had lingered in the outskirts of the system for only a short while, then immediately jumped into hyperspace.

drayyy.png

Faust calmly listens to the woman's idle threats, amused at the pains she took to try and bring his game to him. The fool. As she departs, his eyes close in a brief moment of concentration. Though he knows that this old woman would elude his grasp and he could not use her as a pawn, yet, Faust contents himself by using his superior knowledge and grasp of the force to send a stinging slap her way as the projection fades, probably strong enough to leave a nasty bruise or a red welt. Perhaps if he was more determined, he mused, he could have trapped her and force choked her, or even tried to bore into her mind, but since the pieces were arrayed and this delicious game set to begin...

His eyes open again, his guests undisturbed by the phantom battle that unfolded around them in that brief second. When he speaks again, he has a content smirk.

"No, take your time indeed," he repeats aloud, rising in his seat. "You may contact me through the usual Imperial channels. My men here will provide you with anything you require as well as special hotlines if you need to call for assistance or get ahold of me directly." He gives his guests a polite half-bow. "Now, I have other matters to attend to. For the time being, you are still my guests, so there is no need to hurry."

With that Faust exits, leaving the two alone, though not unobserved either. As he makes his way to his ship to catch a belated appointment, he chuckles. Though most considered him a treacherous fiend and he mocked those bound by honor in his own way, Faust followed his own code and followed it to way that some might even consider honorable here and now... ah... how funny indeed...

With that, Faust heads into hyperspace, leaving not after the pawn, but to meet with knights and bishops of the Black Sun.

As they followed their host into the dinning hall, Mirdala took notice of a fourth place left vacant, causing her to wonder just for who the place had been set. Another guest? A wife perhaps? A partner?

The young woman shook her head almost inpreceptively as she tried to focus her mind on the situation unfolding before her. She didn't like the idea of removing her helmet to eat with this man. Her identity behind the mask her helmet provided was one of the woman's most closely guarded possessions.

Reluctantly she removed the helmet, deeming it unwise to further insult the hospitality of Faust. They were, as it would seem, a most captive audience, whatever the package he tried to wrap around the situation.

Though she agreed silently that the best way to destroy one bound in honor was to use shame as the means to the end, Mirdala also noted that he failed to note one very important thing- the person has to allow that shame to consume them fully and allow their sense of honor to be ripped from them in the first place.

Right now she felt that there was a little of both sides playing within her own personal senses as well. On the one hand, she was ashamed that she hadn't been more willing to jump right in the melee.

However, and these were the greater feelings on the matter, she felt it an insult to honor to bring those bound in the ideal to a place to trick them into killing or destroying one another far more shameful. Though she knew that the shame she felt should be placed on the challenger of the tournament would likely not be felt by the other party.

Though in showing up she and her husband did agree with the armor forfeiture condition, and now, as she listened to his proposal, she did feel a sense of obligation to keep her word on the matter. They did still have their lives after all, and with that came a chance to remove whatever blemish or stain their society and themselves put upon them to restore whatever honor they felt had been lost.

Always enjoying playing up the role of the meek and subdued wife, she sat quietly and ate as Adenn and Faust talked terms.

The sparkle in her eyes that Adenn caught, wasn't necessarily one of itching for a challenge. She had seen the work that the Grandmaster had done, and had no wish to cause the woman more pain. Though, hadn't they broadcast over the Holonet that the Jedi Grandmaster had been executed? So now he wanted to finish the family for good? Or to perhaps torment the elderly jedi further?

Stop it, Mir'ika her mother's voice rang out in her head again (for some odd reason, her voice of reason always sounded oddly like her mother). You always assume too much. You have good instincts, yes, but it is not your place to ask so many questions.

Though on the other hand, she answered herself, a good warrior is always trying to foresee her next opponent's move.

Upon Adenn's casual mention of her link to the Kal-Koran's, and blatant confirmation that they were the ones now running the bar in Mos Eisley, she gave him a kick from underneath the table, one that he hid quite well.

She would have to speak with him about being so candid with outsiders, especially if they were going to be living incognito on Tatooine after this next job.

The twinkle in her eye came from her remembering the cloning facilities on the Fett homstead back on Concord Dawn. She had a feeling that that was where the trio would be.

Though, a trip back to Concord Dawn would surely mean she'd have to at least stop by for a bit with her aging mother. That would be fun, or at least interesting considering that she hadn't seen her mother since her and Adenn's wedding, and the wedding was the only time that the woman had met Adenn.

She was glad that the bounty was not an immediately pressing issue, though still to be accomplished in a timely manner, because if they were to be going out on these contracts, they would need to make sure that the bar was taken care of as well.

As Faust left the two of them alone to finish the meal, Mirdala finally spoke reverting to complete Mando'a.

"I remember they had cloning facilities at the Fettsted. I think that that's where we can find them. So it looks as though we'll be going to Concord Dawn. I have a feeling we might need a little help with both of these tasks."

She paused, and took a drink of her ale before continuing, "But first we'll need to tend to the Cantina. I purpose that we check on things there before going to Concord Dawn."

Her face was surprisingly calm and set, though her mind was coming up with a thousand and two thoughts a minute. Even though she often came off as the more impulsive of the two, she was best at the strategies and organizing the game plan. Unbeknownst to most of the outside world, her impulsiveness actually did go through a filter, though at the speed of light, to arrive at the action.

fMZZcER.png

Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya. - "Train your sons to be strong but your daughters to be stronger."

“A Mandalorian woman's greatest talent is not her charm or beauty, but her strength of body and will.” - Mandalorian proverb

Two Black Sun operatives in the section 7 uniform strode into the arena, one pushing a wheelbarrow with two shovels in it. They stopped short of Duo's scattered body, each picking up a shovel and setting to work collecting his remains. The thermal detonator had vaporised a significant portion of the body, leaving just under a full load of corpse to recover. Mission accomplished, one operative took the shovels, while the other wheeled the load of Gore out to their ship...

Hail Daisaku!

BSO.jpg

((With Adenn being gone, he has given me permission to post his actions to keep things moving.))

Adenn nodded, replacing his helmet. "I agree, we should tend to the Cantina."

He and Mirdala quickly made their way to the Rangir and now found their way home unimpeded.

Though both knew that they would have to return to this dar'yaim.

Now there was just the relatively small task of capturing the two target's alive as well as training the Kal-Korans...

((Continued in the Tatooine thread))

fMZZcER.png

• 1 month later...

Black landed at the place of his last life. Where he had failed. And where many had fallen. He waisted no time returning to the arena and collecting the heads of the fallen. He came upon the bodies of the sibling trio. One by one he broke their necks and continued twisting their heads off like one would when cleaning small game. The flesh stretched and popped as sinew and muscle alike stretched and tore. He placed the heads one by one in bag. Next he took the head of his would be killer. The miraluka claiming to be mandalore. He took great pleasure feeling the head separate from the shoulders. He was tempted to save the head for himself, preserved and resting on his shelves. But he decided against it. He hadn't earned the head. He came upon his own head, already separated from his old body. He shrugged and tossed it into the sack.

Skulls for the skull throne, I suppose. Whatever the hell that means. Ronin better have good use for these.

PirateBlack-Arghcopy.jpg

• 2 months later...

Shryne brought the ship down that was holding slaves, letting the slaves go and dumping the body were nobody would find him. He sat in the cock-pit of the ship hands throbbing and a towel in his hand, he started to wipe up the blood that was on the floor, once the floor was cleaned he climbed into the pilot's seat and brought the ship out of the planets atmosphere and into space.

• 1 year later...

Agent Bryan Bale's ship set down lightly in one of the underground caves of the planet Ryloth. He quickly exited the ship and made the preperations for the arriving of the spice dealer.

((Horrible post but its almost 2 in the morning and I needed to get this done.))

silassig-1.jpg

Proud member of the JNET Addicts Club since November '05

((Sorry I skipped space Zed, but I am in a slight hurry... and I would've had nothing to say ))

Evading the high winds of the Ryloth surface, Leialla and Zed made their descent into a previously indicated underground cavern. Its gaping maw filled of lone darkness, but within its shadow clamored a familiar man as well as his own shipping crew.

Leialla carefully watched as the smuggler went through landing preparations and once the Ship landed peaceably upon the cavern's surface she sighed with relief, letting out the breath she had been holding for the duration of the landing sequence. "Alright Zed, here is where we get off..." Leialla said calmly as she crept to the ship's open hatch and out into the looming darkness of the cave around her.

"Ah... Agent Bale, we meet again." She said with an open smile that widened with each word. "You have the credits?... We have the spice" indicated Leialla with a flourish of her hands to the prepared cargo of Zed's ship.

Leialla2.png

Zed looked out at the cave though went back into ship to answer a beep from comm. He then made his way out towards the hatch and out the ship to see Leialla talking with someone. He had no idea who the man was though he didn't care that much. Zed was keeping quiet while the two talked due to he didn't have much to say. He needed to do something to keep his mind off thinking about chunk of rock falling and damaging his ship since he had that on his mind due to being in the cave. Zed sat down on a rock and pulled sword out sheath to clean it. Obliviously he wasn't going to bother to introduce himself or pay any attention to the man that had been waiting in cave.

Zed.jpg

Bale nodded as the familiar face strolled toward him.

"I have the money in my ship."

Bale moved back into his vessel and came out carrying a heavy metal case. He opened the case to show that all of the credits were there then closed it again.

"You'll be unloading the cargo then? Speed would be appreciated as this plan has already been delayed enough."

silassig-1.jpg

Leialla grinned as she closed the distance between the two, looking upon bale with a rather alluring wink. "Well sure hun, patience isn't really my boss' greatest virtue either, which is why we've brought manpower..." With a loud snap of her fingers the Shi'ido shifted and grew into a rather large and burly transdoshan. Her muscles bulged and scales crept lividly along her body as her eyes sunk into a deep amber and her skin tinted green. "I'll have it out in a jiffff" she said as she lumbered towards the spice crates and hefted them with no effort at all over to Bale's ship until the entire shipment was safely received. The crates were few in number, but their weight was rather large and their size made up for their lack...

"Now" Leialla breathed through her serpentine teeth, as her body slowly melted back into its curvaceous beauty, "what about the money?"

Just as her body settled back into its normal form though her comm beeped slightly underneath her black jacket. She held up two fingers for the duration of the call while still showing keen interest in the transaction and her eyes trained on Bale's. When the call ended Leialla apologized momentarily for the disturbance and once again resumed her rather coy smile and still relevant inquiry; the vague light of the planet around them shining upon her long black hair.

Leialla2.png

Bale watched with astonishment as the woman before him transformed into a reptiallian creature. He had known she was a Shi'ido from the pair's adventure on Nar Shaddaa but he hadn't expected such a sudden change of form. Either way it got the job done and it got it done quickly. Bale watched with gratitude as the Trodashan finished the loading of his shipment before handing the case of cred chips to her.

"It was a pleasure working with you. I'm sure that I'll see you again sometime. Until then, good bye."

With this, Bale walked up the ramp of his ship and into the cockpit. He fired it up and after a few quick procedures took off. Soon after he broke atmosphere and blasted off into the abyss of hyperspace.

silassig-1.jpg

Zed took out a comm link while other two were busy. Listening to it he looked over at the two. With the work done and the other guy left he got up off the rock. Sliding his sword into the sheath looked over at his ship.

"We gotta pick somebody up. The boss wants us to find this Av... Dinn fellow."

Making a quick circle around the ship to check for anything Zed was confident the ship fine. He still wasn't thrilled with the meeting place but glad he could still get his ship out of the place. He looked over at Leialla and tilted his head.

"Boss said he found the guy over bounty hunter network. Also said that you would be able to find this Dinn. I am never gonna get used to seeing you transform."

Walking over to his ship he climbed aboard making a b-line for the controls. Flipping switches he began to start up the engines. Zed was just prepping ship to leave this place. Yawing he waited for Leialla to take a seat.

Zed.jpg

Leialla chuckled a little bit as Zed 's awkward features lent toward his displeasure at her transformations. Her body had fully formed back to it's previous manifestation when she slowly ambled over to the smuggler's ship as well. Her original form of which she denied most people was something of a trust she had with Dordjooba and his men. She didn't like showing herself to just anyone, but the slug's associates seemed inordinately respectful as long as the job got done...

The informant had just about made it to the ship when she replied to Zed, making her own way into the passenger seat of the cockpit. "Well, funny thing... I just received a comm call from a Mr. Dinn. He says he would like to meet us on Tatooine in the Mos Eisley cantina" said Leialla as her form remained rather still within her chair. "Oh, and about the change, if you're working with me it comes with the territory Zed, sorry. Anyway, let's go on ahead, the man sounded as if his patience was growing thin..."

((go ahead and post us getting to Tatooine))

Leialla2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Kala'uun Starport

The Partisan.

That was his name now. A misguided youth caught up in the power struggle between the Empire and the Republic. Seventeen years old, but tall for his age. Eyes and hair the color of earth and rock, and a blue uniform covering his body, contrasting this. Over the last few days, The Partisan had drifted from place to place, searching for work. Over the last few days, The Partisan had found a place to work. The Partisan was here.

The Partisan looked out over the stream of traffic that was below him. He stood on one of the city's many cavernous cliffs. Noting the various spots moving back and forth in straight lines criss-crossing eachother below him. Their lights making an echo of colors all across the depths of the underground city.

He had noted the several spots of interests in this city. The place of water. The place of air. The spot near the wind machines. The gate that let forth both enemy and ally alike in from the barrens. The legs that held the tallest building of the city up, as well as what lay beneath it. The whole city was like a beautiful symphony of chaos and discord assembled before him, looking up at their grand conductor, and all The Partisan had to do was command it to begin. The only question was,

Which part to to conduct first? The percussion or the wood?

The Percussion, The Partisan decided.

Kala'uun City, Commercial District.

Hours and minutes found The Partisan sitting at the very back of the mountain which Kala'uun was situated in. He was looking outside the window of one particular Ryll den. He noted the curved sloping, descending, and widening maw of the cavern that grew as it came down. This whole place was like a monster, swallowing the lives of those who would rather die in it's mouth then die in the desert heat.

Though The Partisan had been offered many times to ingest Ryll, he decided against it. It was not time yet for celebration, when the symphony had not even begun. He looked away from the window and out to the rest of the Ryll den. The intoxicated customers, the entranced dealers that were little more then customers themselves. Indeed, the whole place reeked of ignorance. What did these people have to celebrate? The Partisan asked himself, as he approached the backroom.

The backroom was dark and musty. There was virtually nothing here, but he had decided to change that. The Partisan, under his left arm, had held a square brown parcel. In it? Nothing but medical supplies. He placed the box near the wall farthest him, for it connected to the cavern's exterior walls themselves. He had to be sure that his plan would work, after all, he had even taken a skiff ride around the exterior of the mountain once or twice, just to note the exact location where the mountain was above the wind generators beneath the side of it.

After he placed the box near the wall, he walked calmly into the room and lifted a dazed Twi'lek male off of a large, luxurious, couch and plopped him on one of the many floor cushions. He lifted up the cushions and stuffed a black square, no bigger then a CD case, under it. Then he proceeded to exit the establishment and went out into the street, blending in with many of the millions of people that called this all-consuming monster home. The Percussion were now set to play. Now for the Wood and the Wind.

The Imperial Warden began to take the 15,000 prisoners who were serving life sentances to a transport ship as directed by the Grand Admiral. Within a few hours time the prisoners had been seated and strapped into their places and the ship blasted off toward Lehon.

The Partisan had been walking amongst the rot-ridden slums for hours. Time was running short. The symphony had to be played soon, or the people would lose interest.

He walked through the rows of the decaying buildings and structures, careful to avoid the gangs that so populated this area. Ducking and dodging pre-emptively into broken windows and kicked in doors to avoid the criminal patrols was key to his survival down here. Seeing as how he had no visible weapon.

But in the end, the only weapon you truly need, is your mind.

The Partisan finally arrived before the manhole that would lead him down to the next section of his symphony. The Wood.

However, there were now two uniformed officers approaching The Partisan. Which only confirmed his suspicions that he was at the right entrance.

"Halt, citizen." Said one of the guards, the other guard stopping behind him. "You have no business being here. Turn back immediately."

The Partisan looked into the eyes of the guard that had stopped before him. Then switched his gaze to the guard behind him.

He nodded.

A bright red flash was seen, blasterfire was heard, and the smell of charred flesh could be smelled. The guard crumpled to his death before him. The Partisan moved his eyes to the approaching guard, his blaster barrel still smoking.

"As it was agreed to, dispose of this corpse."

"That costs extra."

The Partisan snorted. These corrupt guards were always bleeding you dry.

"Very well." The Partisan handed him another 150 credits out of the pockets of his Starport Authority uniform.

The guard nodded, then proceeded to drag off the dead corpse into the shadows of the slums.

The Partisan opened the manhole covering and looked down. A service ladder went all the way into the pitch darkness below, like a bridge into the afterlife. Taking the grips of the ladder, he began to descend into the netherworld.

He came out at a small platform. Dropping from the ladder he looked around him. It was just as his informants had told him. A bridge connected this metal platform with another, and that other had another manhole. The Partisan walked to the bridge and looked to it's side, there was nothing but clear water below him. Above, there was rock, this place was a natural cavern hallowed out beneath Kala'uun city. It was also the city's water storage area. The Partisan grinned, then, taking out another black square, he walked over to the controls for the facility. Logging onto the management computer, The Partisan bypassed the password via a trick that, for 1,000 more credits, the guard had informed of. He had convinced the guard that he was merely here to siphon water. Not increase the flow to the lower levels, such that it would flood.

After diverting power to the extraction of water, he hit the confirm button. Immediately, the pipes in the cistern began to flow water directly into the slums at such a rate that The Partisan predicted the entire lower area would flood within a matter of hours. He could hear the scream of water as it moved up the pipes at such a very alarming rate. He could only picture the people that began to panic as water flowed out from their faucets and pipelines and began to flood houses and streets. But the worst part about this was that this was their only water supply on a harsh and unforgiving desert planet. And once the Wood section of the orchestra would begin to play, he would not need this plan to even perform like he expected it to. No. This was all just a diversion.

But this was no time to sit and meditate. Chances were that the local authorities had troops on their way down to the cistern already. The Partisan placed the black square on the controls and rushed across the bridge, lifting up the manhole and escaping down the service ladder, being careful to shut the manhole as he went down.

As he was halfway down the ladder, he pulled out a small stick with a red button on it. Jamming his finger down on the top, he gripped the ladder tight as the service tunnel seemed to shake.

The wind turbines above sat ever so peacefully in the afternoon sun on the side of the great mountain that Kala'uun was built inside of.

Then, suddenly, an explosion was heard above the turbines on mountain. A large red fire marked the exit of rocks from the mountain's infrastructure. The boulders began to tumble down the slope, headed towards the wind turbines. As the rocks began to pick up speed and gain momentum, they also gained more rocks.

One by one, the generators were smashed beneath the hard projectiles. The city's air system was now destroyed. The wind tunnel that supplied the whole city with Oxygen and cool, clean air was now silent.

The Partisan continued to descend into the air tunnel. Confident that, with the air turbines destroyed and the controls to the cistern annihilated, his next part of the plan was ready.

The Wind was ready to play.

• 3 weeks later...