Ryloth

Darth Heretic

((Sorry about that. Didn't mean to screw up your story. Thanks for rolling with it and making everything simpler.))

Black dropped his elbows to guard his ribs from Canderous' hard hooks. Canderous' movements had caught Black somehow off guard, as he was sure he would have shot off a poison dart the moment he moved at all. Regardless, the dart gun was still activated and ready to shot at any moment. Black took a few punches, timing Canderous' punches to find an opening. He found on. Between punches, Black noticed Canderous lifting his chin momentarily. He took the opportunity and gave a quick left jab to the now exposed throat of his assailant. The punch wasn't that hard, as Black had always worked more on developing speed and finesse instead of brute force, but he did manage to shot off a dart into the mandalorian's adam's apple. The sharpened sliced through the armorweave layer just enough to put it's poison into the man. The poison would have killed any normal man, but Black figured that true Mandalorians weren't normal men. Black figured he had a few seconds before the intense depressant hit the man's heart, spreading it to the rest of his body. Canderous' body jerked back from the blow, giving Black a small window. Black used the momentum from his punch to continue and carry his body forward as he grabbed Canderous by the shoulders. He pulled him closer to him as Black pulled his knee toward Canderous' stomach plate. The force wouldn't actually hit Canderous in the stomach, but it did press the plate on his torso evenly throughout, including on his broken ribs. This sent him bent over. Black extended Hell once again and shot Canderous in the helmet. The bullet ricocheted harmlessly toward the wall, but the impact sent Canderous to the ground. Black quickly dropped beside him, putting Hell's muzzle to the base of his skull.

"Be still. I don't want to kill you. A bullet at this range will sever your spine. Even if the armorweave stops it." He kept the gun pressed hard to Canderous' upper neck as his left and reached inside his coat for something.

PirateBlack-Arghcopy.jpg

OOC: Last post concerning all of my family's actions. Also I think its a fight now outside once we evac the locker rooms and let Adenn do his thing (you're on your own now, guys )

IC: Jaden and Raden reacted immediately to the shot, that seemed to be so close to them. Both sensed that the fight was coming and were already on edge, so they all had assorted weapons hot, two Blasters for Jaden, two vibroblades for Raden, and a combination for Kylam, her heavy blaster rifles held on her back. They all stuck their helmets on and surveyed the fighting style of Their attacker.

"Hey, Mirdala!" said Kylam, "I learned a trick over the years. You know me, Blaster ammo is nothing anyway. You can dual wield a Blaster rifles if you keep a full stream of fire coming. The kick is enough to keep them level."

"Yeah," replied Raden, "I think we should definitely stick together.." as the fighting, he noticed, becam pretty up close and personal. "Just like I like it." He thought to himself.

Jaden holstered his blasters. "I forgot it was Mando'ade we were fighting. Makes these pretty well useless. But still..." as he extended the gauntlet vibroblades on the front of his gauntlets and got out his vibroblades from his back. "I am not the great grandson of Boba Fett for nothing. We have a way of getting what we want from Kaminoans..." as he checked his gauntlets for ammo. Lets keep it real, including your new guy. Where did you say he was from again?"

they checked their ammo and got a little closer to their friend Black and Canderous. Whoever won this was going to be among their Brothers in Arms. They didn't want to miss a punch

Ready or Not... Watch your Back

RadenSig.jpg

The Pale White armor paced onto the battlefield. His stride was slow and deliberate, his mandalorian helmet pointing toward the three that appeared to be stranding around. They stood together as a team, evidently hoping to fight the battle as a group.

Disgusting.

The Fox approached from behind, stopping about 50 yards away to raise his grenade launcher to eye level. The crimson visor began to glow as the internal targeting system picked out the middle of the three and helped him quickly line up his shot. Their inattention to their surroundings in favor of spectating was a mistake that they would quickly find themselves liable for. Fox would make certain of that.

A small cylindrical grenade erupted from the end of the launcher, hurtling through the air and making contact with the back of Raden's armor. The casing exploded on impact, breaking apart to erupt in a massive hellstorm of liquid explosive. Flames engulfed the three Mandalorians before they even knew it was coming, leaving Fox with plenty of time to reload his portable mortar with a fragmentation grenade and let it fall to his side.

Cerulean Fox crouched down to his knee and raised his sniper rifle, taking careful aim on the conflagrant family of three. If they managed to put out the chemical fires that consumed them long enough to turn their guns on him, he would be prepared to gun them down as they tried...

Fox1A7.gif

Canderous winced in pain as the needled dart entered into his throat, releasing it's poison into the Mandalorian's already corrupted bloodstream, causing Canderous to naturally grab his throat and stumble back a few feet. How Black had gotten through his super strength punches or even stood against them, he would never know.

As the poison now entered his heart cavity, his main arteries took hold of it too and sent it shooting throughout his body. Canderous felt yet another blow from Black as he sent a knee into Canderous's stomach plate, once again crunching metal inward and sening pain and anguish toward Canderous's way.

But as the new bacteria entered the rest of Canderous's body, the current disease, a disease that a certain Sith Lord carried in his own body, began it's own fighting back to keep it's self alive just long enough. As the wars raged one, one in Canderous's body, the other outside between Canderous and Black, Canderous now found himself yet again with a gun to the back of his head, sending Canderous, induced by the disease's control, into a frenzy like state.

As Black went for something in his pocket, Canderous placed his knee out to the side, and swooped his head out of harms way before managing to reach around and grab the arm that the gun was held in, all before Black could get a shot off. As the bullet once again rang, missing Canderous completely, Canderous set another of his punches upward, connecting right at the elbow and hearing the sweet sound of crunch as the bone broke in two.

But Canderous wasn't though yet either, for as soon as he stood to face the man, he sent a side step kick directly to Black's knee, if not breaking the knee, surely sending the man to the ground still. Canderous's miraluka eyes now grew blood red as the disease took full control of the Mandalorian, his strength now enduced to his fullest. Reaching to grab his vibro axe, Canderous pulled out one of his own pistols, sending it's laser beam directly to the back of Black's unprotected neck, severing his spinal cord and preventing any movment he would attempt.

"Now you will pay for this attempt on my life brother."

And in one fell swoop, the blade of the axe fell foreward toward Black's neck, it's sharpness making for a clean cut as Black's head was severed from it's body, the arena now gaining a new half finished paint job courtesy of Canderous Bralor. Realizing he, himself, didn't have long, he looked out toward the other combatants. Who would be next to try something stupid, he did not know, but he was ready for his next match and possibly his own death now that the poison was in his main bloodstream.

darmanda.png

Formally Known as Hunter Of Shadows/Dark

He uses an axe. How appropriate for shedding blood.

The scent of blood reached his flared nostrils almost instantly, being one of the sweetest scents to ever grace his nasal cavity. Faust had said there was to be no fatalities, yet these so called precise, highly trained soldiers and bounty hunters couldn't even make it one minute before one of them had been decapitated. Duo chuckled beneath his helmet, watching as another of the competitors lit three more on fire.

So much violence, all just to see who's the best?

Duo licked his lips, his gloved hands thumbing the hammer on the deagle at his left hip. He didn't move the hammer back as if to fire the weapon; rather he just toyed with it as he watched the action unfolding before his violet jewels. He had no way of knowing if any of these Mandalorian's was relying on the force at all, but if they were he would put a stop to it. A bubble that lacked the force expanded from his body and enveloped all the combatants. They would notice a subtle difference in the way they felt, but if any of them had to rely on the force or could touch it-they would realize they had just been stripped of it.

The pseudo Mandalorian drew one of his deagles and leveled it at the figure that had just decapitated another across the battlefield. The sheer strength of the gun could easily dent in Mandalorian armor, but even his weapon wouldn't be able to pierce it. He just wanted to get the man's attention while weakening the effectiveness of his armor. He fired three shots, watching as they slammed into the back of the man's armor and dented it inwards.

”œBlood for the blood God”¦”

OOC: First of all, we were in the stands, hoping that the action was taking place INSIDE the arena. Therefore, your assault should be null and void. However, if it does not entirely offend Mirdala and her newcomer, I will respond. 3 posts each for everyone

IC: Raden found himself in the stands. However, the newest addition to his composure was that he was on fire. Those areas that could be felt, now that the nerve endings were completely gone from his form devoid of Mando armor (because if Mando armor can withstand the heat of a Blaster bolt, and Indeed, a lightsaber, it can definitely withstand the heat of a flamethrower.), were trying to register the pain that was on his body. His hands found what they needed though, a flash grenade. the flash grenade was thrown as hard as it could be, despite the immense pain he now felt from his arms and legs. He staggared to his feet and took cover behind some durasteel seats. he returned a barrage of Thermal grenades after cuncussion grenades after frag grenades, lobbing one right after the other at the man's earlier position. He looked up in just enough time to see the last grenade land inside the armorweave and explode, sending shrapnel throughout the body. The manhe could see was lying on the ground from the blasts. Just then he ducked down again.

"Sniper's hot." he wanted to say but all that would come out was: "moan, ahh..snipe...AHHHHHHH"

ducking down, he shed his shirt, keeping his armor as a vest of sorts. He made sure he was entirely covered my the seats themselves, tall highbacked chairs of durasteel strong enough to take the blast of a grenade, his jetpack's main feul cell was disabled and all hatches were sealed. He didn't want any fire coming through that armor.

He called out to his family, after getting the remnants of the fire from his body. "How badly are you all hit? Can you all hear me? Let's get this guy for hitting a man from behind. This aurutiise is definitely no Mando, he has no honor."

RadenSig.jpg

Jaden too, felt the immense pain in every portion of his body that was not covered in armor. He took the more methodical approach to dealing with his opponant and, keeping his head down as much as he could, let out a solid volley of blaster shots, in hopes that one would accidentally reach its mark. He too shut off the main power on his jetpack and closed all hatches. He was in no condition to fly and it was solid logic: fire+gas=explosion. He too took off his shirt and scooped the remains of his burnt, gooey flesh into a pile on the ground. He had been trained not to feel it but the pain was immense. He let out a scream that even those inside the arena would take pity on. As he did, he heard a scream come from a different direction: the direction of his enemy/ies. for all he knew, there could be way more than one that would fight like this. He heard his brother's scream: he had always been the great tactition. To the naked eye, this scream was just another form of expressing pain. But the Kal-Korans didn't do anything if their wasn't a reason behind it. Jaden knew it was the signal to move. He made a covert move to the left, using the scream as cover, while his enemy was distracted with the fact that he now had a gaping hole in his side and the now evident knowledge that the entire Kal-Koran family knew what weapon he was using. He was just getting set up when he heard another scream, this one calling out to his family. He used this , not as form of communication, he knew, but as another distraction. He sent the immediate status of himself and his armor ( system readouts, failing systems , etc.) via HUD and moved again, this time 5 or six seats up, to where he was thirty feet away from his enemy.

Jaden ID'ed him as a Mandalorian by the name of Cerulian Fox by way of ID scanner. He sent this information to everyone in his family, inclusive also of Mirdala and the new guy. Maintaining a silent composure, he shifted quite uncerimoniously to get a heavy cover position. He could not be touched, save for shockwaves from explosives.

OOC: sorry for my lack of posts, I have been thoroughly involved in this RP however, allowing Dark Devil to post my actions as a supporting memeber of Clan Kal-Koran. therefore, do not judge me harshly for lack of experience as I have been in this as long as Jaden and Raden. Thank you

BTW: we count this dieversion as a weapon, like hit or miss. It hit.

IC: Kylam too suffered greatly at the hands of the enemy, however, she had learned a few tricks that would make any feminist and, indeed, any mandalorian father proud. She gave a grunt of pain, but that was the only thing that her attacker had going for him. She tore off the burning portions of her shirt and stuck it out, without any from of grunt or groan. "You make me sick." she thought about her brothers, jokingly. "Great Grandfather was in the freaking Pit of Carcoon and your worried about a little flames? Pathetic."

She took the same opportunities of the scream though and while the attacker was busy falling for the diversion and fending off the two on the front lines, she inched her way along cover, eventually finding a nice aisle, far away from progress. Taking out her sniper rifle,and laying in Prone postion, after making sure no-one was behind her, turning on the terrahertz scanner inherited from Boba and making certain no-one could burst around doors, walls, the rooftops, or anywhere within half a mile, she turned and got her sniper rifle, without a heat signature or energy trail.

She loaded a pack of shells with utmost precision, numbering twenty in total. She decided that she would start snap shooting at worst, and at best, begin a full on assault with the sniper rifle as a effective cover weapon.

She got the info on their attacker from Jaden and decided she needed to take out what weapons she could to make the assault easier. She took careful aim from under the tiered chairs in the stadium, and took out a pouch on his leg. Hearing it explode, and not caring what exactly the thing had in it, she re-aimed, this time looking for a projectile weapon.

She found it, the thing that had caused all of this grief: the Grenade launcher. She took a shot, using the floor as a stabilizing tool, and the projectile found its mark. She saw the things fizzle and die as she ducked back behind cover. Evidently another pistol was behind the grenade launcher, a Mandalorian disruptor, she would recognize that anywhere. "What kind of sick people try and modify people's molecular composition?" She thought.

Canderous looked upon the decapitated body that now laid before, then to the other that were lit up with fire from another Mando, his eyes shifting back and forth from one to the next as his anger and raged subsided to release himself from the disease's control. Canderous leaned down, throwing the man's trench coat over his body, tears flowing from his eyes for the crime he had commited this day against a brother, a brother of his own clan none the less.

"I am sorry, brother Ordo. What is done is done, as no one can change their past. If i survive this day, i will personally make sure your giving a proper burial. Please forgive me."

No sooner than Canderous had spoken those words, did yet another attack upon him transpire, from the back no less, as he stumbled foreward from the momentum of the three blasts that dented his armor further. But what was this? Canderous could no longer see as the arena became void of the force around him, making it impossible to see through his miraluka eyes.

Canderous too chuckled, not because it found it amusing that he had lost his eye sight, but rather because everyone seemed to always go after the armor first. Silently, still holding his right side where the broken ribs now throbbed underneath, Canderous's words flowed gracefully toward his new opponent.

"You know, i grow rather tired of someone thinking to dent up someone's armor instead of just destroying it. Picking on the wounded and blind i notice...... Rather pathetic, don't you agree?"

Canderous removed his heltmet, letting his sweat dripping hair cool in the soft breeze that blowed around the establishment from the nearby air conditioners. He was rather helpless in his endeavor now that he was blind and on his way to death anyways. Or was he? Only time would tell as he stumbled toward the direction the bullets came from.

"So tell me, who is the opponent i now face. I would love to know before i die. It would make my death more meaningful to know my executioner."

darmanda.png

Formally Known as Hunter Of Shadows/Dark

Duo smiled as the Mandalorian began to walk towards him. He watched the man, noting how he held his right side due to an injury in his previous fight. He had hoped that the man would put up more of a challenge, what with being a Mandalorian and all but apparently the figure had no intentions of even lifting a weapon to him. The smirk that had been on Duo's face turned into a look of disgust.

And he calls himself a Warrior? Disgraceful Mandalorians, all of them.

Duo looked into the eyes of the man, suddenly realizing that he wasn't human; merely humanoid. His eyes told of his species and how Duo's ability had stripped him of his sight. A real hunter would have his other senses honed to the point of not needing sight. Many animals didn't even need that sense to track their prey and bring it down. He expected more from the man, but he wasn't one to turn down blood shed.

Ripping his helmet from his head and tossing it aside, Duo strode forward with his axes in hand. His voice flowed with all the grace of a senator, all the innocence of a young boy, yet his demeanor told of his true intentions.

”œHis name is Duo Maxwell.”

Duo's blood splattered face shifted from the body on the ground that was still oozing blood to the only Mandalorian on the field making any real use of his skills. He could that he had found the one that would prove to be a challenge, but there were still two more that hadn't yet made a move.

Foolish

Inaction was just another path to death, surely they knew that. Of course, since it appeared that they didn't Duo decided to take it upon himself to teach them such. They would die or they would submit, the latter wasn't exactly what he enjoyed more of the two-but it meant he could go for the Real challenge much sooner then he would be able to otherwise.

He twirled his blood coated axes, some of it still wet and some dried, and clipped them to his belt while drawing his pistol. He leveled his weapon and fired in one smooth motion; targeting Mirdala . The slug traversed the distance between the two in little less then a second and slammed into her helmet merely a fraction of an inch above her T-visor; it was obvious that he had targeted that particular area to make it clear that her inaction could have been her death in that moment.

OOC: Its been a while since I posted Cerulean for an edition of his post due to grevious errors in negations to alternative weaponry. He has negated: Damage which is not only possible, but logical when shrapnel blows through your leg and body, Weapons dying on him and still being able to use them, and locations specifically stated in the posts.

I therefore reserve the right to negate his entire post and continue with the Deul. Cerulean, you should be DQ'ed but I'll give you another shot. Try not to screw it up.

IC: Raden looked at the beam charging up before his eyes. He knew he only had seconds to think of something. Opening the hatches on his jetpack, he threw it and via HUD, flew it directly in the path of the blast. when the shot took, the jetpack burst into flame and exploded, rocking the arena. a piece of shrapnal dug itself into Raden's arm as he recommenced screaming. The blast left jetpack residue all over the body of his opponent. Jaden was so caught up in the pain on his newly skinned body, that all mentality melted away and he barely retained conciousness. He maintained conciousness only long enough to get behind cover, and then he whited out for ten seconds. (2)

RadenSig.jpg

Jaden saw his brothers pack explode. "That is why we work best as a team.... sacrifice." he thought as he pulled out his blaster. He fired off bolts at the man, Igniting the flames from the jetpack fuel. He then crawled out and got closer to him. His terrahertz scanner would do nothing now that his enemy was in thorough pain and now in the same predicament that he had caused by that cheap shot to the back. looking for some place to get a good shot, he crawled underneath a chair. The only thing showing was his hand and his gauntlet as he let fly a dart, one of those that sped up the heart, crippling the muscles and increasing blood loss levels.

It hit him right in the space between the kneecap and shin greave. "serves You right, aurutiise, you know nothing!" he thought as he retreated back to his defensable position on the left front side of his opponant.

"See you on the other side..." he thought as he tried to make sense of his surroundings. the pain had his head swimming for a moment. "I am so gonna need med attention." he whispered to himself as he passed out.

"Haar'chak! This is so...freakin...annoying" whispered Kylam to herself as she reloaded the rifle. She took aim... and then out of nowhere she saw the body burst into flame. "OK...that was unexpected." she said as she now had a perfect beacon. She took aim with a missile... there was no way by Arasuum himself that that man could realize where it came from. She dislodged it from her jetpack and had it come crashing down near him. She saw his already mangled body get thrown even further off balance, and saw a big pack get dislodged from his back. She got out the sniper rifle for a later attack and Blasted a hole into the back of whatever pack it was. Since it didn't explode, she took it as it was out of commission as sparks flew from it.

Called in to rule on the posts between Fox, Jaden, Raden, and Kylam... The format of the melee here is not a 3 post duel as evidenced by what was said OOC in the WBS forum.

Messy situation since the trio did a group post after the prohibition against it was laid out, made a few posts that were a bit over the top and failed to read how the arena was laid out (the stands being sealed off by shields and glassteel), and the attempt to self-null a post, which is always bad form.

Doing a 2HK on 3 PCs is doable, though sketchy and something I am very, very hesitant to sanction. However since the decision was made to try fighting as three PCs in one post, ignoring the rules in their approach on Black and Canderous, to compound individual posting errors against the group for ignoring what was posted before is not out of order.

Fox's post is upheld in the entirety.

KVCsig.jpg

The monarch of madness has returned!

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since March 2002.]

[2nd in Command of the Lords of Hate since March 2002.]

Mirdala watched as various voraciously violent scenes played out, taking note of each of the points of slaughter as her original suspicions were confirmed.

The whole thing had been a trap to kill off the Mando'ade that honorably answered the call to test and prove their skills.

The harsh reality of it all set in when the woman saw her three childhood companions viciously mowed down within minutes of engagement and was furthered by the decidedly less-than-honorable and gruesome butchery of Canderous by someone who most definitely wasn't among the Mando'ade, but merely wore the guise of one in order to perverse the name with his insatiable lust for blood.

Still, the horrific slaughter of her friends was far fresher in her mind and brought her rage to the surface, a rage that was expounded by the slug that knocked her head back as her T-visor cracked because of the dented metal. Obviously a warning shot from the one that had killed Canderous with his vicious twin axes that for some odd reason penetrated the metal far more easily than it should have, a fact that didn't escape the woman.

She was just about to lunge out at Crimson Fox to avenge her friends when a strong hand grabbed her by her shoulder and held her back.

fMZZcER.png

Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya. - "Train your sons to be strong but your daughters to be stronger."

“A Mandalorian woman's greatest talent is not her charm or beauty, but her strength of body and will.” - Mandalorian proverb

Adenn realized Mirdala's plan and quickly reached out, grabbing her armor.

"Darling," he said in Mando'a, "trying to avenge your friends here isn't the correct way to go about this. You saw how easily the other five were sluahgtered, we will be next in this ridiculous 'tournament'. We should leave now and preserve ourselves. Getting killed will do nothing. We will avenge your friends later, on our own terms, in our own way."

He glanced back through the way they had entered.

"Now, if we move quickly, we may make it out of this death hole before it is too late."

AdennGalaarsig42607.jpg

Verd ori'shya beskar'gam

Mirdala initially turned to glare at her husband, though it was hidden from behind her helmet.

There was a tense moment before she stepped back and looked at him as his words broke through her rage.

Ash'ca'nara, ash'taap. Mando'ad draar digu., she said flatly and simply not really to anyone in particular (though it might have served as a warning to the one that had killed her friends), shrugging off Adenn's hand as she backed out of the arena, wisely not exposing her back to any of the surviving combatants.

"Let's go. It's time for a ba'slan shev'la. These are two of the Mando'ade that they won't catch in their web of destruction."

She turned once they were clear of the arena and made her way back to the Rangir, starting the pre-launch sequence as soon as she hit the pilot's seat.

((The translation (So you don't have to go looking through KT's vocab stuff) is "Another time, another place (location). A mando has a long memory." The other is "strategic disappearance".))

fMZZcER.png

Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya. - "Train your sons to be strong but your daughters to be stronger."

“A Mandalorian woman's greatest talent is not her charm or beauty, but her strength of body and will.” - Mandalorian proverb

As the Rangir starts up, another ship flies through the hangar's entrance, working as if it were piloted perfectly, though no visible occupant appears behind the shielded cockpit.

The ship opens fire. Not with its chain gun, nor is lasers, nor even its deadly diamond boron missiles, but with its twin ion cannons which immediately open full fire into the Rangir. The ionization bolts shoot through the shuttle, almost dancing amid the cockpit, sending out small sparks that nearly singe Mirdala's hand.

At that moment, several armed men walk into the hangar, surrounding the ship, wearing the uniforms of those who helped run security at the tournament. Though the ship hovering directly in front of the Rangir appears hostile, the voice that comes through on the comm is quiet and soft- or at least as quiet and soft as Faust's voice can muster.

Mirdala and Adenn... I am wounded by your sudden leave of absence from the tournament, though given the surprising amount of blood letting, which I confess was not anticipated, I do not entirely blame you. However, there is still a matter of business since you did enter and there were terms involved.

Faust had watched the tournament up to now, bemused, though agitated with the blood letting that was going against his plans. The cameras mounted in the arena gave him an ear to the strategic retreat that was mentioned, and at that point it was a matter of sending out the appropriate forces to curtail his guests before they abused his hospitiality.

Even as Faust watches the tournament draw to a conclusion, part of his mind is focused on his cybernetic communion, continuing the conversation while he finishes his glass of bloodwine and makes preparations for the delivery of the prize to the winner.

If I wished to kill you, you would be dead by now. That being said, I would appreciate it if you would follow my men back. I am giving you an invitation to join me for a dinner after this tournament is over and our other guests have departed. I assure you that no harm will come to you if you join me and you might even find it profitable. If not...

There is a sound heard as the guns and missiles on the ship ready themselves, aiming at the Ringal.

... well, I'm afraid I have to insist on this invitation.

In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed - but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

Black landed on Ryloth and quickly left the shuttle. It was one of the more uncomfortable rides he had had in a while. Not a word said the whole trip. Even piloting his own ship with no one else on board he had more stimulating conversation. He gave a wave to the pilot to let him know he could return to Byss and walked toward his ship. He boarded and put on his spare coat. He left the ship, hoping he hadn't missed much of the action. On his way into the arena, he spotted the two talking to the trio earlier, escorted by Faust himself.

"Did I miss much?"

PirateBlack-Arghcopy.jpg

Fox skimmed along behind the last man left, making his way into a crater created by Raden's abuse of Thermal Detonators.

He placed his weapon on the edge of the crater, aiming his sights on Duo. The red visor lit up as the targeting system began to compensate, the reticle homing in on Duo. His armored finger slid lightly along the polished black steel, squeezing off a single shot at his foe...

((Lets do this thing!))

Fox1A7.gif

Duo watched the two Mandalorians retreat from combat. It was disgraceful how two figures that were so bent on honor and combat would run away from a fight. There wasn't a match up in the Galaxy that could ever be considered ”˜impossible' to over come, but obviously they didn't feel that way. They brought shame onto their heritage.

Duo's exposed ears twitched ever so slightly. He cocked his head to the left side and focused on the area he heard the noise from. It was light, barely there and most species wouldn't have even picked it up. A smile crept onto his face as his leg muscles tensed up. His hand dropped to his side, holstering his weapon a second before twisting around. The blast could be heard throughout the entire arena, but it merely caught his ”˜jetback' and ripped the fake structure off of his back to reveal his long braid of hair.

It appeared that the final Mandalorian was ready to begin their fight. Duo rolled his shoulders, ignoring the slight pain in his back from the shot. Cerulean was partially prone with a rifle set up and targeting him. In a flash of movement Duo's left hand pistol was out of its holster, firing a single shot from the hip. A spark marked the rifle as it slammed into the top of the barrel, forcing the weapon up and backwards. Moving forward and preparing himself for retaliation, Duo began firing shots at the spots on the Mandalorian armor that were absent of the iron that would stop his bullets.

As the ionization bolts hit the Rangir, Mirdala's hand snapped back from the overloaded panel as it threw sparks towards her, triggering a power down of the ship's launch and perpulsion systems.

Mirdala slumped back against the seat, attempting to focus her thoughts from careening back to the rage that blinded her judgment back in the arena, as her and Adenn's ship was surrounded by Faust's men.

Mirdala and Adenn... I am wounded by your sudden leave of absence from the tournament, though given the surprising amount of blood letting, which I confess was not anticipated, I do not entirely blame you. However, there is still a matter of business since you did enter and there were terms involved.

How could we have been considered to enter without actually have taken part in this so-called tournament? Mirdala wondered to herself. Though it's not like we can really go anywhere under the current circumstances.

She knew they shouldn't have come here, but she was grateful that she and Adenn could face this together.

As the armed men surrounded the Firespray-class vessel, Mirdala rose from her seat, hit the switch that opened the hatch and made her way out of the vessel. She didn't remove her weapons, but was smart enough not to make any threatening moves.

Nor did she speak either, though she still walked with the grace of a jungle cat, poised, alert and on edge, with an almost-caged feeling threatening to overwhelm her. Her mind still dwelt on the deaths of her childhood compatriots.

If I wished to kill you, you would be dead by now. That being said, I would appreciate it if you would follow my men back. I am giving you an invitation to join me for a dinner after this tournament is over and our other guests have departed. I assure you that no harm will come to you if you join me and you might even find it profitable. If not...

Mirdala still didn't trust the man, but it was apparent that she and her husband had no choice if they wanted to live. She stoically followed the armed escort.

Then one of the dead competitors approached her and Adenn asking what he'd missed. So focused was she that she didn't really acknowledge the resurrected Black.

She really couldn't believe what was going on. She was pretty sure that Black's mangled and quite lifeless body was still lying in the arena that she and Adenn had just left. Though, there was something about him...possibly a clone? Surely it couldn't be the same man.

Other guests? The Mando'ad woman wondered if he could mean the others (well those that survived anyway) from the tournament. Perhaps he was referring to those whose perverse enjoyment they were put on display for. Needless to say, despite her somber and stoic attitude, her curiosity was piqued.

fMZZcER.png

Fox's rifle kicked as the bullet threw off his shot, knocking it back into his shoulder and jarring his body, while the spray of bullets that followed went right for the exposed parts of his armor. Minor grazes, mostly, as the crater protected most of his lower body, and his position left only small gaps visible. As he retreated into his cover he became acutely aware of the blood that was leaking from gaping slashes in his armpit and elbow, and a bruise that was surely forming where his rifle had rested against his shoulder. His foe had obscene accuracy, so getting a bead on him from what little cover he had seemed impossible.

Acting quickly, he drew his grenade launcher and aimed it skyward. The targeting computer was damaged from the last fight, but he could still get a good estimate of where the shot would land. He turned down a dial to decrease the propulsion and delay, setting up the shot quickly, but carefully--tracking Duo's approach through the thermal sensor in his visor.

The frag grenade burst from the portable mortar and arced gracefully toward Duo, bursting mid air a couple meters above and in front of him. When Fox heard the explosion he immediately jetted up and out of his hole, his rifle on three-shot bursts and firing small volleys at him.

((1))

Fox1A7.gif

Duo's gaze followed the tiny object as it soared high into the air and began falling down towards him. He dropped his pistol and pulled out his axe, preparing to hit a home run and send the object flying away only to realize at the last second it would explode before hitting him. His arms shot up and he turned around so his back plate was exposed. The force of the explosion shoved him into the ground as shrapnel ripped into the armor weave under the thick plates. He could feel the shards tear into his flesh; he cursed under his breath as he knew they would be hard as hell to get out.

He heard a trio of reports from a weapon and felt three bullets whiz over his head. He rolled up, gritting his teeth as he felt his body groan in protest and shift to be more resilient in the face of the pain. The armor was suddenly tighter on his body as his muscles bulged and his body grew six inches taller. He pulled his secondary pistol and fired a shot at the man's shin, watching as it forced his leg backwards and tripped him up. Not a second after the bullet was out of his guns chamber did he feel three dink off his armor.

The pseudo Mandalorian Iron wasn't as resistant as the real stuff, but it was able to keep the bullets from piercing his flesh. Soon he would have to disregard the armor as not only was it becoming a hindrance, but he had never been fond of those who had to rely on such things. Duo was on his feet with both axes out, charging the man again. He brought the right one around and in a display of strength he smashed the flat section into the right side of Cerulean's head.

((2))

Fox's visor went dim as the axe smashed into the side of his helmet, his body falling limp in line with the horrible crack of his neck all but snapping. He found himself face down on the ground, his helmet flickering. The targeting computer was damaged, and enacted a forced shut down to preserve the rest of the functionality of the visor. He attempted to stand, quickly finding his wounded shin to be all but inoperable. His enemy was close--he had no time to bleed.

A stream of blue light erupted from his graviton pack, lifting him quickly upward and out of the range of his foe's axes. He ripped off his second, and last, smoke grenade from his bandoleer and hurled it downward. It burst mid-air and created a cloud of cover to give him time to regroup. The whisper of his silent pack, the trickles of his blood, and the light rustle of his armorweave were the only sounds he made, barely audible to him, but surely known by the superhuman beast he was fighting. He knew that his smoke screen would not protect him for long.

Fox raised his trusty rifle again. With his targeting computer broken, and his vision blurred by the throbbing pain in his skull caused by Duo's axes, aiming became a difficult process. The thermal scanner in his helmet fluctuated erratically, surely near malfunction. His bruised arm braced the weapon tightly, while his other tried to steady it against the turbulent path his graviton pack set him along.

A beam of bright scarlet pierced a hole in the smoke, twisting around the stream of superheated gas. Half a second later, another shot came, then a third, striking erratically from the sky down at Duo, scattered but coming closer to the mark every shot. Death rained from above, Fox's rifle taking a lighter hue of black from the immense heat it generated in making the volley.

((2))

Fox1A7.gif

Duo grunted in frustration when his target escaped his grasp. The use of such things as jetpacks had always annoyed him, feeling that it was nothing more then a means of escape from a fight and escape held no glory for him. He was a Warrior; he fought and he won”¦or he would die on the battlefield. There was no in between, there was no grey area. Of course, to the greater portion of the Galaxy they believed otherwise and that was why they were not fit to serve the Blood God.

His pointed ears twitched as he looked towards the smoke screen that was obscuring his foe. It was considerably more difficult to pick out the exact location of the Mandalorian when he was in the air as he was, so he would have to find another way to detect the man. Just as he was about to move away from the area the smoke was above, a red blast hit the ground next to him and pulled his attention to the scorch mark.

”œOh, hell”¦son of”¦”

”œWhat the F-”œ

Fox was cut off as an axe landed in the middle of his graviton pack, his body thrown back to the ground in an instant, landing on top of his injured leg. Before he could even fully stand the horrifying monster slammed its massive fist into his stomach. He coughed his own blood up onto the inside of his helmet, obscuring his view with a haze of copper.

He stumbled in pain, seemingly finished as Duo charged, teeth born, ready to squeeze his head flat with one chomp on his helmet. His hand went to his Mandalorian Disintegrator, raising it up as the distance closed.

The large beast charges... a great wolf like creature, bent on nothing more than his destruction. Nine feet of pure muscle, beastly feral might. The plains of Trualis were alive again. His life was at a crossroads. He had only but to make a choice. Fight or die. Glory or the end of his existence. To end here, a forgotten--faceless name, as he was on Trualis, was something he couldn't accept before. He wouldn't accept it now.

At the last second Fox heaved his weight over, not necessarily enough to escape the massive creature's reach, but enough to get a clean shot at his intended target. The disintegrator shot into Duo's leg, ripping his flesh apart in a dense blast of super heated plasma. All but immobilized by the disruptor, it sent him careening into the ground, meanwhile Fox hobbled as fast as he could to get some distance.

He took a black striped grenade off his belt, loading it into his portable mortar as he ran. With it cocked and ready, he swung around to face his enemy one last time. He blood red visor glared deep into the eyes of the Khorne Champ as he fired. The low yield thermal grenade erupted from the end of his barrel--aimed directly for Duo's face...

((3))

((OOC: Great fight. PMing Robbie Now.))

Fox1A7.gif

As the final round of combat begins, Faust pours himself another glass of bloodwine and focuses on the final battle. He recognized Duo and wondered if the man had some Mandalorian blood in him. Unsure and lacking the information finding capabilities of others, would look into it later. The new mando interested him as well, though for both, Faust felt a stir of dislike as their bloody efforts to rip through the contestants and litter the arena with boodies ruined his carefully laid plans.

Still, the fight was masterful and Faust found himself engaged by the combat and skill. The lethality added an extra dimension of intensity he did not expect to find, though he ultimately approved. The use of inherent abilities that Duo used to their utmost were evenly matched by the tactics of the Fox. Faust's eyes glittered as they reared for the final charge... if the Fox's blasts could stop Duo's teeth from rending him apart. The moment came and passed... Duo's strength, owed to the Blood God's power, versus the Fox's low yield Thermal. Both easily ended it, and Faust watched as Duo dined...

Not on the Fox, but on the grenade launched at the last second which drove itself into Duo's gullet, giving the Fox the win...

"Magnificently played," the Hunter whispers, draining his second glass and rising from his seat as the fight ends with a bang and narry a wimper.

Small mouse like droids move quickly in the aftermath, taking the armor from the fallen Mandalorians, though leaving the weapons and other gear to be collected and sent to their fallen owners. Though they were useless to Faust without their owners alive and well in a fashion, the Hunter had other plans for such contingencies.

Meanwhile, outside the arena, the guards hold still as Faust himself makes an appearance, still in his burnished white armor and trench coat. He is flanked by two more guards, carrying a heavy metal chest. Behind them is a full medical staff, unfortunately only able to treat the single survivor of the tournament.

"If you will excuse me," Faust breathes, brushing past the two Mandos, stepping into the battlefield proper. Metallic applause rings out as Faust claps his guantletted hands. The Hunter is smiling, looking in full glory, save for the missing part of an ear owed to Armiena's treachery.

"Well done, noble warrior," he begins, watching medical staff rush to the Fox's side. "I am pleased to see that the spirit of the fight is strong in you. I will not waste your time with more words, but leave you to recover and claim your prize." The chest is laid down and when opened, it reveals a shimmering Mandalorian helm and a gauntlet set, along with a narrow short sword that appears of the same design. Though they appear to be weaved of the usual iron, something else in the alloy gives a faint shimmer, not unlike Faust's own armor.

The elbow length guantlets and helmet were used by an infamous Mando-Warrior of old that once bested a Sith Lord in combat, as noted on a small holocron like device, set to replay the story when one of Mandalorian blood held it. Rather than killing his foe outright, he set the Sith Lord to work, alloying his Mandalorian armorments with Sith Steel, making the helm, gloves, and the blade impevious to lightsabers and even capable of reflecting blaster bolts. These unique artifacts would prove useful for any warrior.

With that, Faust exits, giving Black a brief nod and having the warrior's weapons and gear returned to him as he lacked a full set of Mandalorian armor. Finally, Faust speaks to the two survivors.

"I believe dinner awaits. There are matters I would discuss with you two, in private of course."

In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed - but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.