Mon Calamari/Dac

Nikolai Kolchak

A zenith in the Force had been created. Sahv, extending his body to allow for the best flow of Force energy, yielded to Dashel.

"Dashel--" The young man yelled, seeing only a blury image through the churning air around him...

"Now!"

The current of being, that untraceable reserve of energy from which the universe had sprung... the Force was at Sahv's back, and Dashel recieved every ounce of strength Sahv could muster. Only an inovatively profound move my Dashel could save them from the rockets now moving in around them for the kill...

One second. Two seconds. Sahv's mind was a kaleidoscope of possibility. Cleary Dashel was waiting for the right moment.

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

Dashel nodded to Sahv in thanks for the immense trust he had just placed in him. He then settled his mind and spirit for what was to come.

When the eight warheads had reach a point where they were relatively close together, Dashel surrounded them with the entirety of the his and Sahv's power. In his mind, he seized the lot of them and forced them down a narrow tube. The tube stretched itself out, just ahead of the blazing rockets and let them out only when Dashel had decided to do so.

For those in the warehouse, the individual missles seemed to be guided to a central point. When they got to the location they were being guided to, they were surrounded by a physical manisfestation of the force that flared with power. Each rocket began to stretch to an impossible length, then flicked with psuedomotion similiar to a hyperspace jump. The warehouse was filled with a pregnant silence, as a wary Dashel seemed to be come lost within the force for a moment. Seconds later, the building rocks with the sounds of the rockets exploding a safe distance up from the building.

All is quiet again until an odd crackling fills the air. Dashel is physcially lifted from the ground and surrounded by a bluish light that plays about his body. His hair stands vertically and soon the smell of burning flesh fills the air, as the backlash of energy goes through him and into the ground. When it was over, Dashel fell to the floor. He lay unmoving in a smoldering heap on the ground.

Kira had followed the process that Dashel and Sahv had used to remove and detonate the missiles elsewhere. On seeing her padawan collapse to the ground, Kira moved quickly to his side, concerned that he had overtaxed himself with being the focus and having the backlash flow through him. She knelt by him, examining him before letting a soothing wash of a healing force flow from herself into him. She propped him up against her, using the force to help her lift him so she could take him into the med bay of their ship.

Her eyes met with Locke briefly, conveying her concern before she carried her fallen padawan in and placed him on the bunk in the medbay. She grabbed the scanner and ran it over him, worried that he had suffered damage that she couldn't repair. While she knew some healing techniques she wasn't a healer, anything serious she would have to take him to the med centre.

"Dashel, can you hear me?"

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Force can do terrible things to a mind it can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity. - Carth Onasi

Dashel heard Kira's voice close to him. His first major impression was a great deal of pain slightly abetted by Kira's healing abilities.

He gathered himself, then reached out to her through the force to let her know that he was still among the living. His muscles were just not responding the way they should. Rather humbly, he asked her if she would be teaching him some healing techniques after he managed to get up and about.

Exhausted, he willed himself to relax and trust Kira to know how to revive him. He had faith that she, Locke and Sahv would find someway to restore him to full function. He took the time to reflect on what he had done wrong in getting rid of the missles. It proved very difficult indeed to concentrate over the screaming of a tortured body, and he knew immediately that it would have to wait. For now he had to concentrate on getting better.

Seeing the results on the scanner, Kira went to the medical cabinet and got a pain relieving hypospray, she would get either Sahv or Locke to help Dashel into the refresher to clean off his wounds in there. Gentle she sent a tendril of thought to him, reassuring him that he would be ok. Just lie still for a moment and let this have time to work... She touched the hypospray to his neck and sent the soothing med's into him. Once Sahv or Locke have cleaned you up, I'm going to show you how to go into a healing trance and then I want you to rest and heal.

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Force can do terrible things to a mind it can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity. - Carth Onasi

Sahv helped Dashel up at first, then noticing he was well enough to stand on his own, the two did some catching up in the med bay. Dashel's hypospray did some help...

"You took quite a spill there, Dashel. You accomplished our goal, and for that you have my thanks, and a congratulations on a job well done."

"Master Kirana, that was a close one, you know." Sahv eyed the Jedi curiously, attempting to jokingly provoke some playful guilt.

"Come, we must be fully healed before resuming training."

Sahv and Dashel went into the refreshing chamber to clean their cuts and reasure that no infections would occur.

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

Dashel was thankful for Sahv's help in cleaning the various burns and cuts that he had suffered. He had pride, but he had learned that even pride has its limits when one is training to be a jedi.

When his various wounds were cleaned and dressed, Dashel and Sahv limped back to their quarters and commed Mistress Kira Dashel's readiness to begin his lesson on healing trances.

As they limped the short distance to their quarters, Dashel quietly told Sahv what had gone wrong with the teleportation technique he had used. "You have got to remember that when you change the location of a moving object, you need to redirect the energy that it is already using. Best bet is too set up a link with an existing power grid before trying to teleport anything...if all else fails you can always use the earth as a ground. I wouldn't recommend that though unless you have some means of absorbing the energy that will end up coursing through you. Its an experience you will never forget."

"It's an experience you will never forget." The tall Dashel said, moving away toward his bunk. His singed hair was visible in a few places, though for now there was for sure nothing immediately dangering his health.

"Of that, I have no doubt," Sahv muttered, unsure of whether Dashel heard him.

Sahv jumped into his bunk in his quarters, sensing the familiar feeling of total relaxation as he engaged in a Jedi calming technique meant to stop all unnecesary body functions. Seeing his surroundings melt away into a seemingly trivial dimension, Sahv fell into a deep sleep...

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

Kira headed into the padawan's bunkroom drawing up a chair to sit beside Dashel's bedside.

"Now, I want you to lie in a relaxed manner and focus inwards. Concentrate on letting the force heal your wounds, inside and out, knitting the wounded flesh and soothing the burns you received."

She spoke in a gentle manner as she observed the padawan's for a moment. When she thought they were settled, she left the room to find Locke, wanting the comfort of his arms as she had been worried that the task would backfire. In a way it had, she had not been prepared for Dashel getting injured in such a way.

"Locke?"

7MxDMRQ.jpg

Dashel followed Kira's advice. He gave himself completely to force and floated among its currents. Its power suffused his entire physical being and his wounds quickly healed themselves. Once his body completed its healing, he found himself drifting to sleep.

He woke from a dreamless sleep and let Kira know through their bond that he was healed of injuries he had sustained and that he was ready to continue training or at least he would be once he finished digesting a very large meal.

The Trianii left the small sleeping area and proceeded to a com link to place an order with a local restaurant for a steak approximately the size of the planet Yavin along with enough side dishes that his appetite would be satiated for several hours. He paused, then decided that ordering a plethora of dishes for everyone else was in order. The order was soon completed and he eagerly awaited its delivery.

Another ship is completed and drifts out from the docks while the building of another is commenced. Soon the fleet would be at full strength again...

----------------------

Kira gave up looking for Locke, instead heading back into their quarters to sit quietly while the padawan's rested. She received a comm from Ara, Leader of the Jedi, requesting her presence. She would have to head there soon.

Locke, we need to head back to Coruscant... Ara wishes to see me...

7MxDMRQ.jpg

Sahv and Dashel sat in the lounge after divulging themselves on what seemed like the best food in the galaxy. Their training had taken a lot out of them, and they now rested.

"Dashel... it says here, that Force Speed, Push, and Jump are all derivatives of one another."

Sahv pointed to the book he was reading, which he'd checked out of the Jedi Academy library.

"Force intuition, is of another branch of sensing techniques."

Sahv looked up, obviously intrigued by the information. "So by using both of these two branches at once, we gain not only in understanding but in control of the Force. Like stretching your muscles."

Dashel gave a slow nod. He was obviously tired.

"Indeed, the Force has many mysteries." Sahv finished.

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

Dashel gave a slow nod. He was obviously tired.

"Indeed, the Force has many mysteries." Sahv finished.

Tired he may have been but Dashel decided that his friend had the right idea. Not knowing what else to do, he grabbed his datapad and began researching the various lightsaber forms and the force healing techniques they were sure to need once they started practicing with lightsabers.

He became quite engrossed in the subject of healing techniques. The more he read, the more he wanted to know and expand his knowledge base. He stopped, looked up at Sahv and grinned.

"Sahv, how is this for a split personality: a jedi healer who practices lightsaber techniques designed to put one on the attack and that emphasize duals."

"Do you intend to become fluent in the Jedi healing arts? I have heard that there is one who specializes in this area, a woman."

Sahv took a sip of his drink.

"The Jedi are keepers of the peace, are they not? Unfortunately this entails the need to be heavy-handed at times, hence our study of defensive and offensive tactics. Besides that role, healing is not necessarily against the Jedi way, contradictory though it may be to fighting with a lightsaber."

Sahv hoped that his statement had not seemed too pompous and pretentious, given his position in the order: that of a mere padawan.

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

Dashel looked up Sahv, his entire being still. He responded very quietly to Sahv's question. "I thought I was joking earlier. To me there was some humor in the two very martial and aggressive styles being used by a trained healer but when you spoke I suddenly remembered the corpsman who we always deployed with. She was quite aggressive, whether it was with a weapon or while fighting to keep one of us alive. Perhaps it is something I should meditate on."

After a moment's pause, he went on, "Yes I will go meditate on it. Thanks Sahv."

Dashel stood, stretched and walked into the small cabin figuring Masters Kira and Locke would call him if needed. Once in the cabin, he sat and began meditating, seeking the guidance of the force.

((OOC: Yeah, my bad. Now I'm neglecting you. No worries though, I'll make it up to you like a bad parent. Big flashy offers to win you over yet again! Candy? You want new clothes? How about shoes, or drugs, I hear kids love drugs?! ))

You go, I'll stay here with the apprentices.

Locke sat on the landing pad where he had sent Sahv away to participate in Dashels lesson ((Which I did know about/help plan, so I'm not completely neglecting you.)). His rear on the hard flexsteel landing pad, and his lightsaber hilt levetating in front of him.

Sahv, Dashel, I sense a disturbance in the force. There is war brewing, and I should like to teach you lightsaber combat. Return to me of your own accord, we do have some time to spare.

((OOC: I haven't decided whether or not this alias will be participating, but I'll be damned if I'm not going to throw you two into harm's way. September 1st the truce is over, so be expecting to participate in carnage.))

Locke2A.png

"Jedi do not fight for peace, that is a slogan and is misleading as slogans naturally are. Jedi fight for civilization as civilization creates peace."

-Mace Windu

Taking note of Locke's message, Kira began to pack up a travel bag. She would take a fighter to Coruscant, leaving their larger ship for the three she would leave behind. Bag packed she popped her head in to where the padawan's were.

"I have to go to Coruscant, back to the Academy. Locke will continue your training. With trouble brewing I need to speak with the Leader of the Jedi. May the Force be with you."

She headed outside, over to Locke, embracing him. I'll miss you. I don't know what's ahead, just know that I love you. She had the feeling that what was coming up in the future, she might not be able to walk away from. She released him, ducking her head as not to show the tear that had formed before turning, walking over to a small fighter that was within the same hangerbay. She climbed in, throwing her back into the back and looked back at Locke, her eyes drinking in the sight of him as if she feared she would not see him again. Tearing her eyes away finally, she went through the preflight, warming the ship up and going through the many checks.

Giving Locke a salute, a quick flick of her hand in the air, she lifted the fighter, sending it rocketing skyward and away towards Coruscant.

7MxDMRQ.jpg

((It's all good; sign me up [but not without wicked lightsaber skillz{ }]))

Sahv sat down near where his master had been meditating.

...I sense a disturbance in the force. Locke's words had a great intensity.

"How.. how can you sense this..." Sahv did not expect an answer, as most of his questions were redundant and would be solved in time...

"I see. I will prepare, then, if it is combat that I will participate in."

Sahv pulled his lightsaber from his belt with the Force, almost without thinking... as if his saber had acted alone. Yet it was in his tight grip now and would yield to Sahv's swordmanship. Smiling, Sahv ignited it through the Force, appreciating the visual appeal that the blue hue gave off.

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

Dashel walked out of the room that he and Sahv shared. His meditations had left him feeling very peaceful and with his feet firmly set on a path set for the future. The force had shown glimpses of the suffering to come and he had been among the carnage as a warrior.

The future after what lay ahead was less clear. A strong theme had been present in that he sought the healers of the Jedi temple. It had not been clear whether or not he was to master that skill or to be healed by them. The lesson about the future had been clear.

Shaking his head, he joined Locke and Sahv outside the ship. Before settling down to wait instruction, he thought of Kira's precipitous departure and shook his head. His ship was docked on Mon Calamari and he would have gladly lent it and his pilot's services to her.

He nodded to Sahv and Locke his readiness, banishing his master's departure from his mind. He had to focus on his now, not the negative feelings that might result from worrying over another capable warrior's actions.

<> edited for untimely content, Thanks Kakuto! <>

Edited by Guest

"Preminitions of the future are not something you can look for.

Locke stood before the two apprentices, grasping his lightsaber from the air.

"This is not a weapon. This is a tool. The lightsaber is a tool through which we obtain peace and order. A weapon is used to kill, and you do not and will not always have to use it as such. It should be viewed as an extension of your own body, and you can use it to center youself within the force."

Locke's golden blade activated, humming softly and healthily so as to signify it's good condition.

"Ignite the blade, channel the force, and use the blade as the point around which you center yourself. Feel the blade of cold fire. Feel trace it to the crystal in your saber. Sense it's connection to the force, and through it, let the saber become an instrument of the force itself. Once you have completed this, then we will begin on forms of lightsaber combat."

Locke2A.png

"Jedi do not fight for peace, that is a slogan and is misleading as slogans naturally are. Jedi fight for civilization as civilization creates peace."

-Mace Windu

Dashel stared at Sahv for a moment, then he activated his saber claw. The symbiotic weapon was already a part of him, that part was easy to understand.

He stood still and reached for the force. When he was calm and had fixed his concentration on the longest of the saber claws blades, he waited for the sensation Locke had described. Eventually, he grew tired of waiting and committed more of himself to the search for the cold fire of his blade. His aggressive probe found something around the blades fire, preventing him from sensing anything about it. He paused and contemplated why this might be happening. Dashel found his answer and was quite suprised. The barrier consisted of the force being used by the force itself. He deactivated the claw and examined the twin hilts he had also constructed.

Again, he extended his senses into the force and used that awareness to examine the hilts before him. One called to him and he activated it, unconsciously putting its mate back onto his belt as he did so. His green eyes sought the end of the blade, starting from the hilt up. Blinded by the yellow blades light, he never found it with his eyes.

Instead of his eyes, he found the force waiting for him, and through its guidance he found himself inside the blade. Sheathed in yellow flame, he traveled towards the heart of the blade. As he traveled downward, he was not consumed.

At the sword's bottom, he found the crystal that had sung just so when he had taken it as payment from Kala. Instead of the faintly warm crystal he had installed in this blade, he found himself descending into a blaze of energy so cold he recoiled from it. Dashel found himself staring at his blade, his eyes watering from not having blinked in his quest to do as Locke said.

He began again, determined to succeed. This time, though, he began with the basics. Dashel submerged himself in the code of the Jedi, letting the power of the code surround and nourish him on his descent through the cold fire that was his saber. When he got to the point where the blade and crystal met, he passed through and beyond the crystal and found a new fire waiting for him. It was cool to his mental touch, and oddly familiar. Not wanting to rush, he considered the familiarity of this fire and reached an understanding. While science could explain how a blade was built and worked, it could never know just how intimately a part of the Jedi each blade was. It was that connection, where the sword's heart, the Jedi's spirit, and the force all interconnected that united them all. Even as he learned the secret he felt his unconscious mind block any memory of the concept and instead replace it with the knowledge that the force now had another way to touch the galaxy at large. It flowed freely through Dashel, through his arm, down to his hand and out the blade and back again.

Dashel sat among the nexus of the three energies for a long time, simply observing the energies that seemed to crackle about him. As he gazed, he realized the ribbon of energy he had ridden here was actually composed of millions of small strands. Closer examination revealed even sub-bands among those and again each sub-band had individual strands of its own. He left the nexus and began the trip again. Instead of letting the force blindly guide him from the beginning of his journey, he used it to select a strand and follow it all the way to the nexus and outwards from it. It became another strand and fell back to the nexus and moved outwards again. Each time he completed the loop, Dashel knew he gained a more complete understanding of his saber. He completed another turn and another, knowing he would continue as long as he was not disturbed from the outside.

Shav held out his saber, ignited and humming mildly.

...and extension of my body... he thought as he stared ahead at the glowing blade. Closing his eyes, he looked for that manner of vision he'd seen twice before at the Jedi Academy on Coruscant. Calming his spirit, he began to see again, though not with his eyes. Twisting in a complex intermingling of light and shade, he saw his arm. It looked longer than usual at first, but then it made sense. He was seeing his lightsaber as an extension of his arm. He looked down to see the twinkling shape of his lower body, his legs in the form of a thousand orbiting stars. His right arm, holding the lightsaber, looked as one. In front of him, his master could be seen in the same fasion, his outline looking on...

Eyes still closed, Sahv swung the lightsaber back and around to hold it above his head in a pouncing position. The move had seemed easier than before, and now that he had become more in tune with his instrument, his actions seemed all the more harmonious.

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

((OOC: I'm sorry this post is so long, but knowing this IC will be good character development. Note that once you get into a fight, hardly anyone cares about what form you use, but in some sense at least it's important to have the foundation. Pick one form, or more if you like (but don't expect me to go through all 7 in practice) and I'll train you in one.))

"Very good..."

Locke jerked his saber back and twirled it around his open palm, skillfully spinning it in the air using only his palm and a bit of help from the force.

"There are Seven widely known forms of lightsaber combat, all of which I have studied to some extent. I would not trust my reflexes to battle in all of these forms, but I can use them well enough to teach you how. I can only show you the moves, it is you who must learn to understand them. So, without further adieu, I will show you the Seven forms."

Locke jerked his wrist to pull the lightsaber into his hand, sliding his feet apart enter the first form Stance, a plain upright position apt for basic moves.

"This is Form I, also known as Shii-Cho. This is the most basic form of combat, often taught to young students of the Jedi order. It is a well balanced form, stressing no particular aspect over any other. It is a very simple form, and you may not find you want to depend on it, as you will find it difficult to use against more advanced opponents."

Locke held his saber forward, threateningly.

"This is Form II, also known as Makashi. Built on the foundation of form I, This form emphasizes lightsaber to lightsaber combat. It is often used used to fight Sith, however, you will find it much harder to use when faced with a blaster wielding opponent. Be weary, because there is nothing so tragic as a Jedi getting cut down in a hail of simple blaster fire."

Locke held his saber in front of him, idly slashing in a variety of ways to show it's reach to all parts of his body.

"This is Form III, also known as Sorsetsu. The Most defensive of all forms, Sorsetsu is the nearly perfect form for deflecting blaster fire, and excellent against lightsabers. The idea behind this in a fight would be to protect yourself until your opponent became fatigued or made a mistake, then strike with a quick decisive blow. It is a Jedi favorite, often called the 'Classic' form."

Locke took his blade in one hand, bending his knees as if to prepare for a series of fast movements.

"This is Form IV, also known as Ataru. This, one of my favorites, emphasizes swift acrobatic movements, including spins, rolls and flips. It is a strong offensive form, very difficult to defend from. It is not, however, good for multiple opponents, as the form leaves numerous sides unguarded."

Locke gripped his hilt with both hands, standing with the blade to his side.

"This is Form V, also called Shien, or Djem So. This lightsaber form is built on the ideas of Form III, but was created by Jedi who felt that the strict defensive nature of the old form lead to combat that was dangerously drawn out. It is more offensive and aggressive, not often approved of highly by the Jedi council. In Form III you can effortlessly defend against a blaster bolt, in this form--in exchange for a bit more effort--you can redirect it. It maintains a good balance between the Offensive nature of Form II and the Defensive Nature of Form III"

Locke raised his saber to his side in a very plain and standard manner.

"This is Form VI, also known as Niman. This form is not one that I would favor, though you may choose to look into it. Sometimes called 'The Diplomat's Form', Niman is a less intense, more simplistic lightsaber form. It has no particular strength, but it takes very little practice to master. It is good for those who invest little in combat, and would rather take a different approach. The greatest masters of this form are still only known as moderately talented swordsmen. Be warned, though, in the battle of Geonosis every single practitioner of this form was slain, so if you plan to head out into war frequently, you may want to wear some thick armor or pick a different form."

Locke shifted quickly, into a very sturdy and menacing looking form.

"This Form, the last, Form VII, also known as Juyo. This form, another of my stronger ones, is by far the most demanding and, as a result, powerful of all forms. It uses sleek, fast, fluid movements that are virtually unpredictable, and result in strong solid form. There is Basic Juyo and there is Vaapad, which is a sort of sub-level of Juyo. This is, without a doubt, the strongest of the standard Jedi forms, designed for greatest of lightsaber practitioners, but it takes a LONG time to master, and unless mastered it is not terribly effective. Not recommenced for those who do not intend to spend a lot of time fighting, and even more time practicing. Best picked as a second form."

Locke Deactivated his blade and held it at his side.

"Choose now."

Locke2A.png

-Mace Windu

Dashel was glad he and Sahv had discussed these forms earlier. Seeing them, however, provided an insight that would not have been possible with vidscreens or text.

"Master Starspanker," said Dashel, "for me the choices before me are fairly straightforward, or at least they seem so right now." He looked at his hands, and flexed the claws from their sheaths. "As I have said many times, I was a soldier. A soldier's duty is a constant struggle to know when to be aggressive and when to be defensive. I thought being a Jedi would supplant that training. Instead it seemingly complements it on more than a few levels. If the Jedi have no problem with it, then I will endeavour to master two styles.

Form III, the more defensive style fulfills one side of the equation, while Form VII fulfills the other."

He answered the question he knew would come before it could spoken, "Yes, master, I know that I will be training longer and harder than most."

Sahv reviewed each plan in his mind, conscious of the meaning his emphasized style would offer him in his quest for the Force.

Form IV is defensive, and Form VII would be particularly handy... it takes time however, and I don't believe that fits my personality.

"Master, I believe I am led to become proficient in Form II. I feel as if I cannot wage war upon innocents, given my obvious advantage due to knowing the Force, and that the true threat I will face in my time will be Force users."

Sahv paused, trying to catch Locke's opinion of his statement.

"And since that style is built from the basic one, let us begin with Form I. I will do my best toward the second school of swordsmanship, that which emphasizes the duel between two blades, a dance of fates."

Sahv hoped his words had not seemed too melodramatic...

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

Locke smirked to cover a grimace.

They both want to learn two forms... And neither of them want to learn either of the same two... Well, I don't suppose I had anything better to do...

"Form I, Form II, form III, and Form VII..."

The Jedi knight raised his saber, taking a moment to recall the history of the forms in his mind.

"We'll divide the lesson into 3 parts. First, I will instruct both of you in the basics of your first two forms, then you will practice until I'm reasonable sure you have it memorized. Second, we will repeat this process with the second forms, and again you will have time to practice it until we both feel comfortable in the form. Finally, you will demonstrate what you have learned by using it against me. You can trust that I will not allow you to harm me, and likewise I will not harm you."

Locke ignited his golden lightsaber and held it in front of him, perfectly vertical.

"We will start with Form I. Both of you can listen, but I only expect Sahv to practice. Shii-Cho is a very basic form, known to have been mastered by such great Jedi as Kit Fisto and Stass Allie. In it, we cover the basics of lightsaber combat. There are seven body target zones, the head, the left arm, the right arm, the torso, the back, the left leg, the right leg..."

As Locke spoke he demonstrated each zone by pointing with his lightsaber at his own body.

"Each body part has a specific set of swings for each zone defense and offense, without being so simplistic as to make the form overly predictable."

Locke began idly demonstrating each swing as he described them, showing how basic they were, but showing how a solid proficiency in them was strong if combined with determination.

"Once you have learned basic attacks, then you learn to link them, into a longer more efficient attack."

Locke swung his saber once, then stopped it midair at approximately where a lightsaber might meet it, then drew it back to swing a a different target Zone.

"The key is linking the attack to find the zone that is worst defended as a result of the first attack you made. In defense, there is a similar effect, as your goal is to, if possible, predict your opponent's next attack and defend it ahead of time. Doing so, however, will make you open if you guess wrong, so you should not try this unless you are very proficient in the saber or have mastered battle precognition. In absence of this, you are recommended to always retract your saber after a defensive swing, bringing it back to where you started with it. This will keep your blocks quick, and keep your form from breaking down or devolving."

Locke inverted his saber and bowed to Sahv.

"So ends my instruction on Form I. Practice at your own pace, or you may listen while I continue with Form III. Be weary though, if you try to take in too much at once you may become overwhelmed. Now, I will start with Sorsetsu."

Locke turned to Dashel, reverting his saber.

"Sorsetsu is a defense form, mastered by many Jedi in days past, including Obi Wan Kenobi, Luminara Unduli and Barriss Offee. The key to this form is very fast, simple strokes..."

Locke began to practice the series of quick scarcely linked swings on his own.

"The form has practically no weakness, save for it's utter lack of offensive technique. The form links attacks only slightly, preparing for the most common of attack combinations so as to handle them easier. Remember to keep slashes close to the body, and do not over extend yourself."

Locke concluded by rotating his saber quickly and planting it on his belt, the blade disappearing mid way there.

"Remember, the more you practice this the more effective you can become in it. An experienced Form III user is near invincible, but a novice will find it hard to hold ones own with so little deter an onslaught of attacks. Now- pratice."

Locke2A.png

-Mace Windu

Watching their master teach them, Dashel experienced a strange exhiliration. He already knew much of these forms from his Ranger training.

The exhiliration was immediately followed by an equally deep sinking feeling. At the High Temple, he had been an indifferent student, caring more about succeeding than what he was actually learning. He looked at the Saber in his hand, the one on his belt, and the saber-claw attached to his wrist. No longer would he be afforded that luxury.

Dashel closed his eyes. A jedi could only function at peace, and being lost in the past was not calming for anyone. Instead, Dashel sought only the quietest place he could find. As always, he found the force waiting for him.

He used it now to enhance his memories of what his master had shown him. The former soldier concentrated on the images as they played out in his minds eye, examining and memorizing everything he had seen of the form he had asked to be taught. As for the one Sahv was now practicing, Dashel filed those memories away for later, as a thought occured to him. Immediately, he thought to and shared it with his fellow padawan and Master Starspanker.

"Sahv, when we began training we swore that we would learn and grow together, and that as knights we would support each other. I am assuming that means at some time we will be in battle together watching out for each other. Sometime in the future, we are going to have to learn each other's forms. Not to master to them, but for better understanding of each other. Then we will add the force in."

Calm, Dashel began practicing the sequences that Master Starspanker had shown him, taking his time to make sure he knew the form's routes perfectly before breaking them down to the basics and mastering them with power. Once he was satisfed he knew them with power and each route was still perfect, he went on towards speed. Quickly, it became apparent that he could not handle the weapons at his full speed or his full strength. It would take time and practice to reach both. For now, however, he had a thorough understanding of what had been taught to him.

He turned to Master Starspanker and bowed his thanks for the lesson.

"Master Starspanker, I know that most forms can be expanded two accomadate different weapons, form Great Lightsabers to Dual Lightsabers, but is there any record of three weapons being used?"

To demonstrate, Dashel whipped his prehensil tail around to grab and activate from his belt the twin of the saber he held in his hand, thought the activation of the saber-claw, while still holding the blade he had been practicing with in his off hand.

"Granted, I know I am a long way from being able to do this proficiently, but I though I would ask."

Sahv took Dashel's words to heart, and knew that one day they would be in battle together.

Moving off to the side, Sahv began practice on form I. Maneuvering his lightsaber, he imagined a body ahead, and saw on it the target zones that Locke had described.

Imagining an arm, Sahv reached his lightsaber around to tap it, trying to think ahead to where he would need to attack or from which direction he would need to defend. He swung his saber down to the left, in anticipation of a counterattack from the area of the left leg target zone. Roleplaying against an invisible partner, Sahv bounced his lightsaber from target zone to zone, learning each one and trying to get a sense of which directoin each one led his lightsaber to become vulnerable from.

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg