Mimban

Darth Heretic

(( OOC:: I was instructed to make 3 lengthy posts in my quest for saber parts. This is 2of 3.))

IC:

Kase awoke still curled with his back against the rock outcropping. The sun trickled softly through the thick forest, moving shadows softly across the ground around him. Sitting up and stretching out his long legs Kase examined his thoughts, searching out again for more evidence of force signatures that might indicate the location of the remaining lightsaber parts he needed.

Kase sensed that the Sith had begun to regroup on the planet. He sensed many of the great warriors returning from battle worn and weary. Focusing his attention away from their strong presence, Kase focused on a small radiant glow he sensed on the distant horizon.

Preparing to make his journey Kase rose and travelled to a nearby flowering plant and picked several of the aromatic leaves to chew. The left a cold, fresh feeling in his mouth, and he rather enjoyed that they kept his lips cool. He hadn't had much water save what he had collected of the rain in folded leaves the night before. Seeing that another storm was breaking down open the jungle, Kase knew he'd have the opportunity again.

Moving quietly against the thunderstorm, and rubbing softly at his side, Kase found his ribs were still rather sore. The blow from being thrown into the tree would not be forgotten easily. He knew he would heal and that he couldn't allow this slight discomfort to slow him. He heard a lesson of his master echo in his mind, "Pain leads to greater strength."

Kase walked for miles, determined to find his trophy and only slowed when hunger overtook him. Moving swiftly into the brush he hid and waited, sensing a herd of lumbering eopie approaching. Kase had feasted on the meat of eopie on Tatooine and knew well how to kill, clean and cook the beast. Kase did so, taking special care to kill a female so that he might enjoy her milk.

The rain, by now had soaked his cloak, and so Kase set it up over a fire. The lean-to offered the Twil'lek a break from the rain as he crawled underneath it and observed as it served partly to dry his cloak and partly to protect his fire.

After his meal and a short rest Kase putt on his cloak. Kicking out the fire with his boot he listened as the rain sizzled against the wood.

A tingling sensation shot up Kase's back as the Twi'lek ducked quickly and observed a hungry massiff leaping over his body. Turning quickly Kase faced the herd of the savage beasts and was quickly overcome by their overwhelming numbers.

The Sith twisted, turned and pushed at them with the force. Kase found his concentration broken by their extended line of hard spine that stuck out to protect the animals' backs and by their viciously sharp teeth that tore into the Twil'lek's arms and legs. As he was dragged about in the mud that had quickly formed around them in the fight for his survival Kase counted at least 20 of the animals.

Managing to concentrate long enough to turn one of the rabid massiff's against it's brother, the two twisted into a terrible duel, freeing his left arm. By the time Kase was able to move his fist sharply against the large dark eyes of the canine like beast gnawing into his hamstring another had come up to tear at his triceps, rendering his left arm limp with pain.

Kase continued his struggle and tried to focus his pain. He concentrated on creating a sharp and bright flame against his right palm. Waving it before him he found that it seemed to hold the savage creatures at bay. Kase backed himself against the massive roots of a Riniclish tree. Using the force to tear the roots from the ground he whipped them at the massiff herd, only to incite more violence from them. As the numerous beasts hunkered down, growling and ready to pounce Kase quickly wrapped the thick roots around him, forming a cocoon of armor and drew his heavy sith sword with his bleeding right arm.

He would face these dogs to his death if that was too be his fate.

A deep crash of thunder and a familiar roar echoed as the massiff's found themselves facing a much larger opponent.

The rancor cub had followed Kase's trail! Keeping in the thicker forest during the day Kase had not heard or sensed it's movements with his own concentration stuck so sure on his trophy. The massive beast swung it's huge paws at the herd of massiffs and as they attacked Kase ran to his savior's side, swinging his sword to slaughter many of the beasts at the rancor's hoofs.

An uneasy alliance had been formed between Twil'lek and beast as the battle raged on. The rancor had stepped between Kase and certain doom and Kase was quick to defend the rancor against the sharp teeth of the massiff's who escaped the monster's swinging sharp claw and hungry grasp. The cub feasted on the herd until their numbers had dwindled to such a point that the remaining mutts tucked tail and ran off into the forest.

Sheathing his weapon Kase extended his hand. Sending a command with the force to the beast, Kase motioned for the rancor cub to lower his head and back. The creature reacted with fear at first, still seemingly on a blood fueled frenzy and Kase calmed him before finally conquering the beast's will. Swinging up a length of the vine around the beast, Kase climbed to a mount on the beast's back and nudged him into the direction he wanted to go.

The elephantine creature made oafish and clumsy steps through the rain soaked ground, his weight pressing deep hoof prints against the muds of Mimban.

Kase stroked his fingers against the creatures's rain slicked hide and comforted the cub with the force. He arrived quickly to the location which he had been travelling.

The rancor stood erect to stretch his back and flex his muscles once Kase had dismounted. His roar was developing, and the rain had not done much to wash the stench from the beast, but Kase smiled up into the eyes of the creature and bid him to stay.

The simple minded rancor cub obeyed, partly through force instruction, and partly because the small blue creature before him had become his link to two excellent meals.

Kase had sensed the object he was looking for was nearby and the stone statuary had proven easy to locate. Chasing away a single massiff that scampered off with a femur Kase entered the tomb. This was a place strong with the Dark Side, and Kase breathed in the familiar hot and dry air. It reminded him of home, and for a moment the Twil'lek missed the binary sunset.

The relic had been wrapped in linens and was intact. A quite ancient artifact of a weapon, this device appeared to be operated from a separate hip power pack. A clumsy power line connected to the saber hilt which showed a cracked and exposed crystal at it's apex. The intricately carved hilt was a beautifully hand crafted weapon and Kase slipped out the crude crystal and carefully opened the device.

The engineering of this antiquity was reversed from the methods of Saber construction Kase had been familiarized with. However, this saber's crystal chambers, blade energy channel and cycling field energizers appeared to be in perfect order. Studing the large battery cells, Kase quickly saw he would have no use for them. He couldn't imagine having to fight with such an encumbrance.

Kase collected the parts and returned to his new ally. The rancor cub had curled itself up and gone to sleep with its full belly and trust in his new master. Kase set up camp at the mouth of the tomb and drifted off to sleep himself, troubled only occasionally by the loud snoring of his newest pet.

OOC: lol, when i said lengthy, i didnt mean that "lengthy," good work, great actually.

IC:

John noticed the little balls of energy with a minute interest, followed by a slight smirk as Searcy complained about his lack of his real body and the variety of problems he had. Why did so many people insist on using John as a discount shrink, I am sure a great number of psychiatric professionals could be found on Coruscant...

He followed aboard, he much preferred his own vessel, but whatever...

"Go on, take us wherever you wish to amass this grand unit of slave labor, however, Kashyyyk does seem nice this time of year..."

Heathen Master of the Lords of Hate

KR: I'm like the freakin' Martha Stewart of Chaos.

He was also a Marxist, which is dumb.

(Gah...bad timeing Geoff Oh well...)

*Raynuk nodded and bowed to Bishop. It was true that Malvagio had somehow managed to get on Raynuk's bad side in the first three minutes, but he knew that Bishop had to be in some sort of reasonable state of mind

Doesnt he..?

He shook the thought from his head and looked at Bishop*

"As you wish M'lord.."

*Raynuk turned and walked back towards the landing pad where the Ogariv II sat. He reached the landing pad and boarded his ship, settling into the pilot's seat.

"Theres no way in hell I will end up taking orders from that friggin sidekick of Bishop...never..."

*With that Raynuk lifted off into space*

(Okay. heres the deal people. Im moving sometime between now...and...well...when I get to my other house. We have to be out of here by the end of July. BUT! The internet is getting ripped from this house on the 21st [ a week from my posting this]. But my computer will be staying here for...well...about a Month...Therefore...Im gonna be gone from this place for like a month....Sad I know...But I'll definetly come back before I go to college. Last time I moved it was only a week or so me not having Internet, but this time it'll be longer... So...Adios.)

1fE1uLv.png

I ate a hippo. It was delicious.

May the Forth therve you well...

(( OOC:: I was instructed to make 3 lengthy...and boy did I take him serious... posts in my quest for saber parts. This is 3 of 3.))

Kase woke to an eerie silence. The necropolis around him, which only the night before had been filled with scurrying, slithering and slimy life-forms, now seemed vacant. Not just vacant of creatures, but devoid even of any sense of life itself.

Kase wrapped the dark robes around his form and went to check on his rancor cub. The cub seemed himself unsettled by this place, his nervousness was apparent as he growled and snarled at Kase's approach. The Twil'lek growled back and twisted the rancor's mind with more thoughts of comfort. The command was rather ineffectual coming from a mind isolated from much comfort itself.

Managing to calm himself and the rancor with a decent meal of fresh meat, Kase concentrated on his surroundings. His meditation reveled to him a strange coldness he had never before known. He felt it would be wise to leave the area quickly, and made every effort to do so.

The bad feeling lingered with him as he travelled away from that place. All day he felt as if he was being followed and constantly watched. The cub was uneasy throughout the day, even as Kase tried to train it to kill for its own meals. A lesson which the rancor should have had no trouble understanding it resisted; distracted by what troubled its master.

Finally, after a good kill, a good fire and several leaves of the flower Kase had been chewing, the sensation of despair seemed to dissipate. His senses had returned and Kase felt he was on the trail of another hot spot in the force. The parts he would need to finish his saber were close, and as night fall was approaching it was not a moment to soon.

From his vantage point atop the rancor Kase suddenly halted the beast in sheer terror.

The mortuary lay before him. The magnificent statuary the same as the place he had left this morning rose against the sky. The stunned Twil'lek was sure he had been traveling at the rancor's fastest pace with this place far behind him. Yet he had arrived just as he had left, the embers of his fire still warm from the morning meal.

The rancor too seemed surprised to find such a familiar bed and roared uncomfortably. Rearing up on his squat hind legs the beast trashed, bucking Kase off his back and galloped clumsily into the wild.

Alone.

Kase had not been alone since his days on Tatooine. Now the Twil'lek found himself here at this place of disheartenment. He felt more lost, confused and filled with despair then he had ever.

With some difficulty finding dry wood Kase got the fire started again with a flash of thought. The flames danced in rhythmic motions and mesmerized the Twil'lek.

A flaming hand suddenly burst from the fire and punctured Kase's chest, removing his heart. Kase stumbled backwards grasping at the hole in his chest, watching his heart pounding against the flames. Suddenly the organ burst in flames and Kase saw that it was he who stood there in the flames. He watched as he placed his flaming heart into its place inside his own flaming chest.

"I am the heart of Darkness."

Kase awoke with a start. He had fallen asleep in front of the fire. Strange dreams had filled his head and now he rubbed his lekku softly.

Getting to his feet his kicked out the embers and went to explore the mortuary. The force had led him back to this place and Kase was determined to discover why.

The tombs were ancient and falling apart. Kase could hear the whispers of the warriors buried there, hundreds of stories of conquest and victory were waiting to be told.

One story in particular interested Kase. It was the most plain and non assuming rock marker. Unlike the other mausoleums with ornate stone work this was a simple round stone. Kase bent to lift it up and released the spirit that had been trapped within.

A Jedi.

His green blade quickly sprang to life and the Twil'lek defend the other graves of the Sith Master's with his simple sith sword. The blades clashed savagely as Kase battled the Jedi specter. He felt the eyes of all the deceased sith warriors upon him, as if the grave site had become a coliseum.

Swinging his blade down against Kase's the Jedi attacked savagely, but the Twil'lek parried and riposted with skill, breaking the apparition's blade hilt in two. A cloud of the green blade evaporated quickly and the pieces fell metallic on the ground. Kase quickly put an end to the phantom by hacking his defenseless spectral body down from head to toe.

The spirits in the cemetery rested, and the cold, uneasy feeling Kase had been feeling was lifted. He had answered the call of the dark side and his reward was the remaining parts that he needed for his saber. He picked up the hilt that he had hewn in two and examined the blade shroud emitter. It had been built in the old style with an extending dish raised from the energy modulation circuits. Kase collected all his parts together and began his walk back to the forge and the rest of the sith.

*Bishop turned in time with Malvegio, taking the nearby stairwell to the next floor up. He pushed open the door to the semi-vacated room which Tarrian had left only a short while ago. He stood just inside the doorway, looking about the room that still showed signs of dissarray from her earlier explosion. Malvegio stood next to him, slightly closer to the door.

Finally locating what he sought, Bishop stepped across the room. His boots creaked on wood and broken pottery. Shuffled through strewn cloth. The crackle of glass shattering sounded underneath his boot in the middle of it all. Wood splintered from the breaking frame and glass scratched the photo's surface.

He stopped and dropped his hand down, pulling the archeological records off the table to his hand with the Force. He turned back towards the door and walked out.*

Bishop.jpg

The Black Flame of Hell came soaring out of space. It slowly made its way into the atmosphere and landed into the docking bay. The cockpit opened as Impede rose. He leaped out and landed softly on the docking bay floor. His black robe reflected on the floor as he swiftly made it into the halls. He leaned ahianst a wall and waited for Jareth.

SIG.jpg

Jareth's newly acquired infiltrator landed sofltly in his usual landing space. He exited the ship, and looked it over.

He was pleased with the ship. The handling was excellent, and the look ominous, like Jareth himself.

He felt the grounds of the palace for his apprentice, and quickly located his signature within the darkside.

"Impede.....if you'll excuse me, I have training to do."

He left his friend's side and made his way toward Viano.

"Viano....come....we have training to do."

As Viano stood before Jareth, the sith lord explained to the young apprentice what had taken place on Hoth. He ended his story of the events with an apology to Viano.

"The timing was bad young one....We will be more focused on your training now. Come...let us begin. Do you still have the lightsaber I gave you before we left?"

Jareth walked toward the training facility and awaited Viano's reply.

Vauler took his helmet off.

"We lived on Corellia until the fire, our parent's names were Jack and Leslie. Dad worked for the ship yards and mom worked for a resturant. There is another, but I'm not sure you should know who it is."

vauler2.jpg

Pain is the release of weakness from the body.

" Yes be gone with you."

Impede left the room and threw his hood back over his head.

Jareth Im going Corellia. I have to see my mother. Join me if you want, I will be back. I dont know when but I will be back.

Impede swung into the hanger and got into his ship and left the planet.

SIG.jpg

*Bishop picked up the portable comm as he walked from the room, sending a transmission to Searcy briefly before pocketing it. He walked through the halls with Malvegio, passing Impede as he left his room freshly washed and dressed. When he spoke, there was a moment where Impede would wonder if it was even to he that the Dark Lord spoke. Bishop made no subtle hand guesture in his direction, nor did he shift the angle of his head to address him with his blind eyes. But he spoke, and it could be meant for no other.*

"Gather what Sith remain on Mimban. Find them in the temple. Find them in the training halls. Find them in the city outside the dark tower. They all will have a task. All must be present. Bring them all to me."

*Bishop continued walking, their stride never changing and his statement to Impede apparrently over. He continued walking along side Malvegio, eventually reaching the still thrashed throne room. There they stopped. There they waited.*

Bishop.jpg

As Impede listened, he dryed his hair with a towl. When the Dark Lord was done speaking Impede threw the towl on his bed and walked down the halls. He gave out a loud force message for every one in the temple and out side to hear

All sith lords, apprentices and masters come to Lord Bishop's throne imminently. Come or be killed.

When it was over Impede entered the throne room and waited on one knee.

SIG.jpg

Things were proceeding rapidly, but the talker did not seem fazed. Already, Impede had returned, alerting the Sith to join them within the halls of the broken throne.

The Bishop stood with his back to the gates, and Malvagio beside him. The talker was perhaps the only non force-user to have ever set foot within the hall of the dark lord. Yet, there he stood, the only other figure not bowing to another.

As they waited for the Sith to congregate, Malvagio withdrew the board. His footsteps echoed as he approached the former location of the throne, crackling on split pieces of wood and broken stone. There, he came to the ground, setting the board upon the rock. He unfolded it, looking into the blank wood inside, staring intently. As he did, his fingers found another item within his robe, something much more common. It was a text pad, one with many things held within its memory. Lost in meditation, Malvagio's hands began to conclude what the text contained.

Malvagio.jpg

Nurgle and Piro entered the thrown room. As always, Nurgle sat cross-legged on the floor. He took the opportunity to inject himself with a new version of the specialized treatment. He was becoming stronger, the formulas to treat his illness were coming to him easier and easier, almost as if they were innate. Probably part of whatever had happend to him on Ngathul. His experiences in that spirit world had changed him, made him see that his destiny would carry him far above any normal human . . . or Sith.

Nurgle looked around the room.

How many of these Sith have I ever even met? Ever since I found out I was the reincarnated spirit of . . . well a god, I have become aloof to the day to day problems of the Order. Perhaps it is time I renew my commitment.

Yet Nurgle was not convinced he would actually do this. Perhaps his apathy was far too deep now. He still planned on fulfilling his pledge to train Piro. Soon Piro would become a Sith Lord.

dartdominusgi2.jpg

"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking."

-Darth Rivan