Mimban

Darth Heretic

((I take back dropping it. This is by far insufficient evidence, under closer scrutiny.

He also left a wonderful little narrow band encrypted transmitter and reciever in the terminals circuitry, hidden from sight. The encryption algorithm was set up so that it shifted every 30 seconds, changing to a completely different algorithm on a very, very long list of mutations. Each mutation was automatically set up in nahstaa's internal computers, meaning that he was the only one that could successfully use that particular terminal, and he could use it within a large radius of the temple.

Heading up to his workshop, nahstaa ran a set of schematics through the main terminal, begining fabrication immediately. Leaving the workshop, he headed for the temples main reactor core. Plugging into its monitoring and control system, he downloaded a program, and left yet another of his transmitters.

Not only are there multiple terminals all around any base, but that kind of transmitter would only block encryption and hacking if the hacker tried to enter the system through it. If already inside the system, it should have had free reign to freeze anything it was supposed to. A complete software encryption for the main core controls, which you have NOT supplied IC evidence for, is the only thing that could stop an internal threat, which is what the virus turned into the instant it picked up on any Temple reciever.

I hate all this OOC crap, and I'm not going to put up another until a mod has visited this...I suggest the rest of us do the same.))

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

Since all of you have been so anxious for me to make an appearance, classes and other matters aside, and read up and make a proper ruling on the matter, here I am. Sorry 'bout the delay, but I wanted to read all the unncessary OOC arguing that well after a personal call was put in for me and could have been condensed into a PM or two so I could at least hear out both sides and make a fair and valid ruling. I've consulted with other mods on this and the final ruling stands as follows.

Such as it is, I find Nahstaa's options for B & C the most compelling in regards to nuclear core/terminal security. A core meltdown, particularly of a nuclear nature, be it fission or fusion can be self sustaining after certain levels are reached, culminating in a disaster as the one released.

Such as it is, the blast went off I would hold legally and persons that would be affected by it in their respective manners- ranging from some PCs seeing a light show from orbit, to instant death and demolecularization as happened to other PCs, shall be played out accordingly to this ruling.

KVCsig.jpg

The monarch of madness has returned!

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since March 2002.]

[2nd in Command of the Lords of Hate since March 2002.]

The force did not yell, nor scream, nor beat him over the head with a hammer. No the force had already been doing that. Instead it felt like suddenly an explosion happened inside of his head. A purely silent explosion the kind that happened in space before the shockwaves tear through your ship. Then with out warning the pain of it came. Looking out of his cockpit he watched a light blossom from the planent's surface. Even from here he could tell just what had happened.

Quietly he hung his head in silence for all of the lost Jedi before he simply let it go. The grief washed over him and then dripped from his heavy heart until it was behind him.

Goodbye

With that he decided two things one he needed to get back to his own ship and ditch this wreched fighter, and two there was no doubt in his mind that a counter strike by the Sith would be made. He knew that many of the Jedi who had died below were allready being cloned back at the temple. And Since the temple would be the most likley place for an attack by the Sith he might as well head back there.

Making a few adjustments to compensate for the extreme energy loss of his fighter he quickly calculated a hyperspace route and blasted away from the graveworld.

Scorp.jpg

Well, you could always just post something like "OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

The large HT-2200 freighter dropped out of hyperspace above the world of Mimban. Alarms began to go off almost the second the Static Angel had dropped out of hyperspace. Raziel grabbed the controls avoiding large chunks of durasteel and pieces of ships. It was like an asteroid field”¦

He could feel it within him, causing him a great deal of pain for all the death and despair around this place. He had expected some of it”¦but not this much, it was everywhere. He stretched out his senses”¦to find anyone of the light, anyone at all”¦but there was no one there. Faint traces of Jedi lost could be felt, but that was all. He closed his eyes slowly.

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."

The moment they had left hyperspace the proximity alarms had begun their blinking assault on his senses. It was tolerable, but only just. The ravaged hulls of ships floated dead in space, turning slowly. Corpses floated alongside them, ripped from their posts as the ships vented atmosphere. Then came a new feeling, the loss of life that had left its mark on the force. He could feel shadows of presences felt at the temple; it was hard to believe that they had been killed so soon after. Suddenly, a presence accosted him. SHY? She had died here, and he had done nothing. Shy left him almost as soon as she had come upon him. I'm so sorry Shy. I did nothing to help you, when you had already done so much for me. I have a master because of you, a purpose. I will remember you...always.

Like fleeting shadows on a summer's day, they were gone.

Horus_Saast__Vin__51.jpg

Pizza is a reflection of all things good...like kittens; and meatballs.

Refrain from the Time Warp

• 2 months later...

The Lost Soul's orbit settles over the ruined world of Mimban. Below the storms rage continuously, given a nuclear fury. The sense of life eminating from the world has dimmed to the barest ember, enduring, but sickly, like the last glow on a candle whick before smoking out.

"This is horrible," Malin notes emotionlessly. "There was much loss and suffering here." Even in space above, the destruction set into the Alliance fleet left a mark. "I almost don't know where to begin... yet..." Sitting down, Malin closes his eyes.

The Dark side energy eminating off the sphere was strong as ever. Without fear, Malin projected himself into it, using it to flesh out the memories of what happened here, using them the way a pencil, rubbed over an indented page, brings out what may have been written on a sheef above. In the blink of an eye, the battle of Mimban unfolds before him. Malin can see the dead and how they died. Sad, proud, calm, and enraged, there is no other common denominator other than the fact their lives ended here. There is something else, something very powerful in the air- like that dark power he felt at work inside Kirana or Vegeta, but different...

"Well," he breathes, straining at the effort to fix some coherent picture out of everything. "Kirana... this is going to be hard.... but I believe I can give you a full reminder of what happened here... Just take my hand... and join with me..." Sweat pours off Malin's forehead, his eyes remain closed, focused on the effort of contact. "From here on... it's up to you to take what is yours."

Malin.jpg

What drew out such power from your machine was truly the drive of your soul... It was your 'Id'. The sign of the purpose you've been seeking... The mark of a natural born assassin!

Kira had stared out the view port at the wreckage floating around the planet. She dared not close her eyes... not yet... at Malin's gentle request she placed her hands in his gloved ones, trusting him as she had time and again. She closed her eyes, visions springing up immediately even as she opened herself up to Malin.

The pain eminating from the planet was intense. The waves of anguish as those that lost their lives cried out. There was a strange sense in the force regarding it... almost an echo effect... where lives had been snuffed out before they were ready. The strange power Malin perceived, teased her senses...

And then it came to her...

The Battlegroup emerged from hyperspace, her General, Cal Regium, leading the battle so she could concentrate on her battle meditation. A feminine presence attacked her mind... some strange power resided around the planet... some strange powerful dark presence had attacked her mind, forcing her to close off from touching her pilots and fighters, both in the air and on the ground...

She saw the Alliance General putting her in a fighter, sending her out, away from the planet before it was destroyed... then blackness closed in again as the voices cried out in agony before being silenced...

Kira's eyes flashed open, her breathing hard, tears and perspiration running down her face. A haunted look entered her eyes as she remembered what had happened above Mimban... She had been leading this Alliance strike group against the sith, against the Empire, only the Empire hadn't taken the bait and the battlegroup had been thwarted. They had been a decoy group in a two pronged attack, designed to draw the attention of the sith away from where they had wanted to really strike. Only it had failed and Kira had felt the deaths of those that had been with her...

"Oh Malin... how did that go so wrong... how could we have underestimated them so much... We weren't to know they had some secret arcane ritual that would decimate the fleet, nor that anyone of them would have had that much power..."

Kira sobbed, dropping his hands to bring hers to cover her face... while she remembered that battle, she still didn't remember the rest of her past... it was only those memories of this battle... the thoughts that were trapped here in this location... an emptiness threatening to close in on her... all the pain... all the hurt... all those deaths... and it had been her fault...

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Force can do terrible things to a mind it can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity. - Carth Onasi

Malin immediately senses the distress of Kirana. Throwing caution to the winds he moves over and holds onto her, trying his best to calm her.

"Kirana... Kirana... It's okay," he repeats softly. He tightens his hug, pressing her tight against him. "This wasn't your fault." He tries to use his own Jedi skills to defuse his own tranqulity, speaking directly into Kirana's mind and heart.

Kirana... What happened is the results of battles the galaxy over. There was a mistake made in under-estimating the Sith, but overconfidence is part of the human condition. Those that died here did not die in vain...

Performing his suttle necomrancy, Malin exerts the last of his power, drawing out the spirits of others who died serving under Kirana, trying to bring forth memories showing their support and loyalty. There was regret, anger, and other negative emotions in the mix that bubbled forth, yet behind that was sense of dedication, resolution, and loyalty.

... sometimes peace has to be fought for. People know that and die, sometimes not for some final, decisive victory, but so that the living may learn from their mistakes and failures, and ultimately carry through in the end. I believe in you as a Jedi and as a leader, Kirana. I believe in you as a person, and that gives me strength.

For a moment, Malin is surprised at his own heartfelt declaration, but he continues.

We support each other that way, as Jedi, and as those who believe in truth and life. Those who became one with the Force here are no different. Do not run from this pain. Do not fear it, or hate it. Embrace it, and turn it into resolution...

Malin could feel Kirana's pain. It was almost on par with the guilt he felt for spending half his life as an emotionless paid killer. He refused to give in himself, and he refused to let Kirana give in either, working closely with her once more.

Malin.jpg

What drew out such power from your machine was truly the drive of your soul... It was your 'Id'. The sign of the purpose you've been seeking... The mark of a natural born assassin!

Kira felt his arms surround her, her heart rendering sobs slowly ebbing, her tears being caught against Malin's shirt. She didn't know how long they stood like that, just accepting the comfort that he offered her. Slowly she became aware of just who it was holding her, her tear stained face tilting back to look him in the eye.

There hadn't been many men to get this physically close to her before, infact she could count them on one hand. Locke had been her first and only love, the only other person to hold her before now had been... her mind drew a blank... there had been someone else that had held her not so long ago but only in a welcoming embrace, she did recall it had been when she had met with her old Jedi Master, though not who the man had been... and not like this... Locke had been the only other to comfort a distraught Kira, back on Ossus when he had found out about her past. That moment flashed in her mind as clear as it had been the day before. She found herself pulling back from him slightly, her tears only a trickle, her face apologetic...

"I... Malin... I'm sorry... I didn't mean to... I know I'm stronger than this..."

She'd heard his words of comfort, sinking into the depths of her mind in which she had retreated to... it had reached her, touched her and drawn her back out from where she had wanted to hide. She processed what he had said and even though she had lost so much... lost so many... his words gave her comfort. She couldn't help it, she rested her head against his shoulder once more, needing to be comforted not only from these memories, but because she had been so hurt when Locke had shut her out.

I believe in you as a Jedi and as a leader, Kirana. I believe in you as a person, and that gives me strength.

Something in the way that he said this made her look up again, meet his eyes again. Something was changing between them and she wasn't quite sure what. Kira had never had many close friends, friends she could rely on and talk to about anything. The closest to her were Locke, Onderin, Dashel and Sahv. And now Malin had gone from meerly a friend, to one that she shared some kind of bond with. She had her lifebond with Locke, but she and Malin had merged their minds several times in the past, bringing them closer than what she and her old master and other padawan were. Confusion now appeared in her eyes as she looked at him wondering just what it was that had changed...

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Force can do terrible things to a mind it can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity. - Carth Onasi

Malin doesn't say anything, but just holds on to her. His own emotions are swirling, though an overall sense of comfort, and right appears in him.

Using a few quick flips of the force on the controls, Malin sets the hyperdrive for Vjun. That was were the answers lay.

Resuming his silence, Malin continues to hold her, hoping his presence alone aids her. He hoped more than words, he actions would affirm his statement of trust and... dare he say it even himself... love?

As Kirana rests her head on his shoulders, Malin, feeling more at peace than he had in ages, relaxes. He feel a slight tickling on his cheek, and watches out of the corner of his eyes, unnoticed to Kirana, a stray lock of about five hairs brush against him and wither away into dust.

He stares at that for a long, long minute, considering that apparent portent.

Slowly, Malin slides away from Kirana, going over to the controls. When he speaks again, his tone is all business. "Do you have any inclination on what we'll encounter on Vjun?" he asks, staring past his glove hands, out into the cold, vast emptiness of space.

Malin.jpg

• 6 months later...

The Requiem slipped back into Real space over the war torn planet of Mimban. The surface was not visable from space thanks to the thick storm clouds that were always rotating above the planet. He looked to Ulos, then to Jason.

"Well, a test of your skills is in order then, yes?"

Carnage.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

((Okay, this has gone on long enough. Jason went inactive but that isn't gonna screw this up))

Ulos looked around before his eyes began to focus upon Jason, standing there ignorantly without so much as a response. The blank look upon his face spoke volumes, an absolute shame upon sentient life. Jason was screwing up... and screwing up bad. It was absolutely vital that someone show him the error of his ways, for now he was being exposed for the true coward he really was.

The exile turned to Jason, a small splotch of pale powder still spread underneath his nostrils. Slight spasms seemed to have been continuously occurring within the right hand of the man, an eternal tremor which never ceased. It was pathetic, laughable even.

24m7slk.jpg

• 1 year later...

A distant light appeared like a comet streak in the sky. It was a mysterious light to anyone who saw it, but to the inhabitants of shuttle that the light encased, it was anything but mysterious.

The ewoks were very frightened and clung to each other for security. It was very hot inside the shuttle and soon jolted to a stop as it impacted the canopy of a forest, bounced several hundred yards, and then came to a screeching halt in a pile of tree roots and mud. The shuttle smoked for quite some time as the escape pod hatch opened and revealed seven ewoks, three male and four female. Then, a fourth ewok emerged with black fur and weilding a hunting blaster and a giant rock tied to his little back.

"Yub Yub"

translation:[ Everyone safe. Allah made ship good for landing on jungle planet. Now we make home.]

The apparent chief of the group scooted over the top of the shuttle, and banged into a tree trunk on his way down. Several ewoks began to grab what they thought was probably important from the shuttle and place it into a neatly stacked pile under a large rock under a tree. Of course, ewoks are very poor stacking and have yet to invent organization on certain scales other than militarily so this neatly stacked pile was simply medi-kits and food strewn across the grass and in poop holes in the ground.

As the small ewok band set up camp for shelter from the rain, the a separate black haired ewok set off to find some steaks.

Like a meteor shower, three streaks of light came across the horizon, the second such occurrence in a few days. Animals screeched as they saw these illuminate the dark sky, awakening them from their slumber. The three bolts sailed downward at an alarming rate, and plummeted towards the swamp lands. They headed straight for a glowing bonfire in the midst of this area, with many humanoid species dancing around it.

The three crash-landed on top of an ancient temple, cluttered with moss and lichen for many centuries. Before the structure, hundreds of coway danced in ritualistic fashion, for tonight was that of midsummer, the grandest feast of the year. At this time, celebrations and rituals were carried out, in order to please the gods. It was the most spiritual time of the coway year, and something had just landed on their temple.

Smoke came pouring from one of the transport vessels as it cooled from its rapid descent. A lone figure stepped forward from the mist, his arms upraised.

”œI am Chukha-Trok. I have come before you after many years to thank you for your faithfulness. I bless all of you, my sons and daughters, for you have done well to serve me.”

Cuddly Ewok looked up from his evening meal, the leg of a coway. The curious but wise ewok looked into the sky and saw the streaks of light as they hit the ground not too far into the distance.

"Yub yub. eeecheewamah Big Light Thingy."

Immediately responding with speed as if the other ewoks had actually understood their commander, the males headed out into the forest with clubs on shoulders to investigate this new light that had landed on the world. As far as they new, it would be a set of glowing steaks to eat for the next night's meal.

Meanwhile, Cuddly and the several males managed to construct several dwellings in the trees and what appeared to be a wall. Unfortunately, this wall would do little to protect them form invaders considering the wall was made of feces and only surrounded about a quarter of the village.

Chukha-Trok sat upon his throne, staring out at the coway sitting before the temple. There were so many of them, hundreds that would follow his every bidding. This was absolute power that he held over them, something that could not be given nor bought. His mind raced with ideas, ways that he could use his god-like status to increase his dominion. He would construct a capitol, one that would catch the eye of people across the galaxy. But first, he would need money. Wealth is the foundation of every empire, because without it, no improvements are made. With money, adequate funding for food, weapons, and technology could be purchased, giving strength to a new civilization.

Chukha silenced the people by raising his arms, and spoke to them,

”œI want all of the able-bodied males to form one group, ones that are not afraid to go to war. This holy war, Jihad, shall be fought, and the infidels destroyed. Therefore, I would like the men who believe they could fight to follow Gregor.”

• 3 weeks later...

Chukha watched happily as the gold supplies began to pile up in front of him. He sent a message over his ship computer, broadcasting to all across the galaxy,

"I am in need of a construction crew. I will pay those who help a handsome profit. Also, for those who would like to be hired as a mercenary, I have work for you as well."

Chukha looked at the soldiers before him, ready to do battle in the name of religion. Hundreds of Trandoshans, Noghri, Gamorreans, Rancors, and even some Defel, had come to his call, ready to fight for the prospect of money. However, he would soon convert them in a religious manner, so that they would truly be under his control. But first, he lined them up before him, and he spoke to the crowd,

”œMy people, I come before you to tell you of the beginning of the New Era. Today, we shall fight for our religion, so that all creatures across the galaxy will understand the need to worship Allah, under the supreme rule of me, his chose Caliph. I bid you to fight with a blood wrath like no other, to the death, for the good of Allah! We shall not stop until we rule the galaxy!”

• 9 months later...

It had been years, many years since Gene had found another part of his ship. He had given up hope of ever leaving this forsaken rock, reverting to a primitive lifestyle. Surviving the swamp and jungles, the gas and wandrellas- all of these challenges had been harrowing. But here lay his salvation, the final piece of the puzzle that was his ship.

He set off to repair his ship for the final time. He would be leaving this place, finally. He looked to the head of Nom, for he had kept it all these years even after the freezer failed and the flesh rotted away, and said "We're finally leaving this place."

Punching in the co-ordinates for his home planet of Coruscant he looked back on the hovel he had created for survival. Activating the cannons he incinerated the entire area. As the blaster cannons and one of the laser cannons fell off Gene laughed, the entire area burning. This ship wouldn't last long, but one more flight would be all it would need to do.

He took off, a few unimportant parts peeling off as he went into space.

SithGeneStarricopy2.jpg

RP Char