Dagobah

Darth Heretic

Joel nodded, closing his own eyes. He stretched out with the Force again, but limited his senses. He narrowed the field down until it only glimpsed his master, Mathis.

Hoping he was doing it right, he projected a thought through the Force. Mathis? Can you hear me? Well, maybe hear isn't the right term, but you know what I mean.

Hearing the words Mathis? Can -ou he-- me? Well, may-- hear -sn't the right term, but you know what I mean., Mathis responds, with a pleased sensation that could be felt with the thoughts. Good. You've got the basic part of it down. The only way you can become more proficient in through practice. So, tell me, only through Force speech, what, if any, combat experience you have.

mathis-1.jpg

Joel concentrated harder, trying to clarify his words. He could sense an echo of them rolling back off Mathis.

My combat training was fairly intense. I am an ace starfighter pilot, for one. There are few as proficient as I. My ground-based commando training was limited to blasters, and I won't claim to be great with them. I'm proficient, but not real skilled. I haven't had any sword training, though I was once told that my instincts are fairly well-honed for it.

So, in essence, most of my combat training isn't real good for the hand-to-hand combat preferred by the Jedi.

" Yes Master"

* Poleb points to a table with all the materials that he needs. Impede bows and walks over. He takes a pencil out and draws an outline of it on a graph. The lightsaber had a curved handle. It had black grip and a red crystal placed on the bottom of the saber. Impede puts on protective goggles. He garbs the perfect piece of metal that he could find. He takes the troche and wield it to make it a cylinder. He then starts to work on the electrician in it. He takes a small medal piece and uses it to put it on the saber as a switch. He makes the saber like if it was a flashlight. He picks out a blue crystal and places it in the saber. He takes wires out jumps starts the electricity. He then places a closing on the bottom the saber that is the shape of a spike. He then adds a grip to it. He melts the saber to gather and then smoothes it out.*

" Done"

* Impede turns the saber on and swings it around a couple of times. He then turns it back off. Now he needs to make a holster to his belt. He makes a ring and melts it on the saber. He then takes his belt and adds a opener ring. He attaches the saber to his belt and walks to his master.*

SIG.jpg

*Mes becomes bored waiting around, and at the moment, time was of the utmost essence...

"Noah, we leave now...come."

*Noah looks back, with a puzzled look on his face, but after seeing his master's grin, he knows...

"To Ilum..."

*Mes hops aboard one of the smaller freighters, and powers up the engines. The freighter lifts up, hovers for a moment, then breaks the line of the trees, moving toward the frigid planet of Ilum.

ITS.jpg

He had a blank look on his face, but inside he was quite happy to be headed to Ilum. He couldnt wait to construct his sabre. It was, in his opinions, one of the greatest moments in a Jedis life. He nodded to hsi master as they entered the transport.

"Yes Master....to Illum" he said almost silently to himself.

pyrosig.jpg

"What we do in life echos in eternity."

"We are but shadows and dust...shadows and dust."

"Man is the only animal that blushes....or needs to."

Yes, your reflexes and instincts from being a starfighter would be a good helper. So don't bash what you know. Not all Jedi fight hand-to-hand. Some are needed to defend in the skies. Back to sword fighting, though.

Standing up, Mathis dusts himself off and looks around. Picking up two sticks, he turns to Joel. "What kind of saber fighting are you interested in? One saber, two sabers, double ended saber?"

mathis-1.jpg

Orrick landed the ship in the hangar of the foretress. Adi-Wan's headhunter had an abundancy of trinkets and the such that had yet to be explored. But that would be attended to later. Right now he was so hungry he could eat a bantha. He ordered the first thing on the menu in the cafeteria, and had devoured it in an instant. He leaned back, now content, when something caught his attention. A brief motion, in the corner. Curious, Orrick stood and pursued the... something. He could barely glimpse it as he rounded corners. Finally, he saw it turn into a small side room. He practically ran, but when he turned unto the room, he met someone very unexpected indeed.

"Mara?"

Post Number 168...

Orrick.jpg

I survived SANITY'S END, November 04

I survived the crash of '04

Proud member of the Yo Mama Movement

Joel smiled. "I'm something of a traditionalist. A single blade for me. I've heard it said that a master of a single lightsaber is capable of defeating those who wield dual blades or a staff." He shrugged. "Besides, it seems to me to be a simpler, more elegant style of fighting."

Nodding, Mathis replies, "Yes, that's what I thought as well." Tossing the one stick, "Here, catch."

"We'll start out with the basics of sword fighting, then it will evolve into your own personal style. So lets start with the cuts." Starting by holding the stick in a defensive position, he demostrates straight, side, sweep, and diagonal cuts. "Don't try to think about what you're doing, entrust yourself to the force."

mathis-1.jpg

Joel flicked the stick back and forth a few times experimentally, trying to get a feel for its balance. As he did so, he thought about Mathis's words.

It's probably like my flying, Joel thought. I never actually think when I'm flying; it's all natural reaction.

"Alright," Joel said aloud, taking a two-handed grip on the stick. He opened himself to the Force, feeling the magical sensation of pure energy began to trickle through him. "I'm ready to begin."

*A disturbance in the Force shockwaved outwards from it's origin ... a far off place - Ilum ... Orrick knew in his heart of hearts that it wasn't possible ... but, the Force was telling him to strip his beliefs ... and trust it's will ... and he did.*

*Adi-Wan had returned to the realm of the living. How? It was of no concern ... the fact of the matter was that he was back.*

"*****, you bettah bring me some muh'******' cone-yack, or i'll keeeeeeeeeeeeell, yoooooo"

A ship enters the system, it's old, a design no longer used. It appears to be a smugglers ship. But where would it come from and why? It slowly descends into the planets atmostphere. It's ancient hull rattling from the strain. The turbulence becomes too much for the craft and its engines begin to rumble like an angry rancor. Flame suddenly bursts from its injured side.

To anyone who looks up to the skys it looks like a falling star.

The redundent vessel accelerates to a dangerous speed, plummeting to Dagobahs' surface. It crashes into a swamp in an eruption of filthy water and smoke. The sludge suffocates the flames, the smoking hull of the ship sinks under....All becomes still again as the water settles.

A hand reaches up out the water. someone survived the crash. The rest ot the body follows gulping air, coughing, desperately trying not to drown.Anyone watching identifies the survivour as a human male.He lets out an earslitting cry. The scene is like a birth, the rebirth of a jedi from the murky suffocation of the swamps' womb. He struggles to the shore and lays there panting on the moss covered ground.

A sight for saw eyes. He's dripping with thick dark swamp sludge, crimson blood trickles from a head wound covering his face,his long hair hangs down thick with mud. His bearded face is obscured with blood an mud, except for his eyes- deep blue and piercing they betray the truth behind his black heart.

He struggles to his feet ,then with the last of his strength he calls the force to him. Undisciplined but fuelled by a slowly cooling rage he reaches out into the swamp. The water gurgles then an object rises from its depths. A sword, a sith sword. Rann clenches it in his hands, fearing the worst. He would have left the retched artifact with his ship at the bottom of the swamp, but he needs it to protect himself from this strange world.

As he ventures into the unkown he opens his mind to the force hoping someone will hear his plea. He came here because he felt a strong presence in the force, he hoped whoever it eminated from would be able to help him. With his mind he speaks to any who may hear" My name is Rann raynar, I was a student of the force but I have fallen to darkness. I seek redemption, i wish to finish my training and become a jedi- Please help me!"

Like a frightened animal he wonders the jungles of Dagobah, praying his feeble force powers are enough to project his message to any other jedi nearby.

Rannrsig.jpg

OOC-wow!!! he is back!!!!

IC-After a few hours of tedious work, the Sekotan ship, still had it jets on either side that can be activated for underwater travel. It had a twin-blaster cannon, 3 Laser cannons, a Proton torpedo, and an ion cannon. It also has the engines from my ship (a back up to the powerful ones allready on. The intreior was modified so the c0ckpit could fit two people and the hold had room for weapons and another person.

Ryoo ran over to his friend Talon and said "Hey want to take it on a test drive with me up to the last call?" He waited for an answer while he got himself ready for his "first" flight.

ryoocopy-1.jpg

For those of you who knew me, it was great, for those who didn't, welcome.

http://www.naese.com/images/Ryoojaxxon.jpg

"If you're ready..." Seeing the affirmation on Joel's face, Mathis lunges. Coming in swiftly, the "blade" slashes towards J from both sides. Continuing with the flow, a low strike follows, then another high, then Mathis swings in a circle, with the stick coming straight for Joel's neck.

mathis-1.jpg

Joel managed to use the Force to 'read' the first few strikes, but Mathis's spin took him off-guard. He hesitated for a bare moment of indecision. That moment of doubt cut off his connection to the Force, and Joel was suddenly blind.

He raised the stick to deflect, and managed to get it up in time, but he was not ready for the strike. The blow shoved Joel's stick out of line, and Mathis's swing took the Jedi apprentice across the jaw. Pain flashed through his face; he experienced a brief second of betrayal but knew just as quickly that Mathis had not intended pain on the Padawan.

Joel spun away from the blow, reeling, bringing the stick up into defensive position, trying to regain his connection to the Force.

Dropping the point of the stick to the ground, Mathis asks, "Are you okay?" Getting an affirmative, he goes on to say, "Never hesitate. Its just like being in a starfighter. If you hesitate, you'll get shot down. Be sure of what you're doing." Sensing Joel had reestablished his connection, he brings the stick back up to midair.

Stepping forward, he tests Joel's guard with a couple of feints. As they were parried, he says, "Take a shot at me."

mathis-1.jpg

Joel thought just one thing to Mathis's instruction. No hesitance.

He immediately tried a quick jab, which the Knight parried. He followed it with an overhand slash, which Mathis blocked. Joel tried two quick slashes to the neck and the belly, but his teacher parried those as well.

Joel flicked his stick up and tried another overhand slash, the 'blade' of the weapon descending toward Mathis's head. The other blocked, but Joel didn't retract his stick. Instead, he locked with the other, testing Mathis's physical strength, pushing with all of his might.

Mara feeeels Leo's presence approach her an dquits meditating to see what he needs. He askes her what Ttristen is having her do. She replies,

"He is having me meditate and look at all of the thoughts in my head and try and see how many of them I can distinguish from the others. How about you?"

OOC. Sorry 'bout not posting for so long, I was really behind in my homework and my parents would not leet me get on th ecomputer.

jadedfin.jpg

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.

*A freighter penetrates the thick cloudy haze over dagobah, moving quickly, then it slows to a halt before it touches down. Out steps both master and padawan, both who make their way to the small base, to a secluded room. Mes mentions that he could be reached via comm, but not to be disturbed beyond that. With him he carries several random looking parts, beneath his cloak, in two separate boxes.

ITS.jpg

Talon smiled. "I'd be happy to." Ryoo went to get the ship powered up.

He turned to Zee. "Get the ship and meet us on Coruscant. After this trip, we have some business to attend to."

Zee whistled happily, and Talon turned and boarded Ryoo's ship. It was a spectacular ship. He sat himself comfortably in the co-pilots chair. He jokingly pretended to be a space cadet. "She's all yours, captain. Take her out..."

Location courtesy of Hale Akturus.

Character Sheet

Rann wonderd the Dagobah swamps for days. He lived on small creatures, slain by his sword. He drunk the putrid water, his mind slowly slipping away from him. The call of darkness beckoned to him but he did not fall. How easy it would be to give in. With the darkside as his ally he could surely survive. But he wanted to become a jedi, recieve the training that he knew would help him to hold his fragile mind together and help him to overcome his fears. After days Rann himself felt like an animal, like he belonged in these dark swamps.

Once again he stretched out with his mind, hoping another jedi would hear him. My heart is heavy and my mind is weak. Please hear my plea At the very edges of his perception he could sense others strong in the force. however his untrained mind was unable to lock onto them. he desperately hoped that someone had seen his ship crash or that someone nearby would feel his presence in the force. The world was completly alien to all his senses. Fear clenched his heart, fear that he world die in these wretched swamps and all his struggle would be in vain.

Rannrsig.jpg