Raxus Prime - Sith Temple

Ara-Lai Kaipi

OOC: Very well. Let it begin. 3 posts each, what do you say?

To think he was getting a free meal was something he figured all along. And why wouldn't he? The mission couldn't have gone anymore successful, even harboring his captive in the most dissatisfying position, just destroyed his weapon, and became bathed in his grief and sorrow over what pain the Jedi felt as result of all his doings.

Yet, even though what he treasured most was just annihilated, Dash somehow still grasped some sense of hope from the hopelessness bog he had been dragged into, very much aware that his life was on the line now. All the while, Tethyn did tend to relax his senses, drawing more from the emotions then the surrondings. It was his only weakness at the time..

Just as turned around, a large shattering sound could be heard, the metal chains breaking free, the aura around his captive now quickly shifting from the dreary emptyness to one that still held onto some form of confidence. The impact of embers and shock certainly set him guard, tumbling over himself as even his blade was lost in the struggle, now wielded in the hands of another.

This did not phase him at all. Tethyn knew no fear for the Jedi, using what emotion might have been classified as fear and molding it into a raw, yet refined hatred that ran deep through his very soul.

"Well, well,.. it seems you have some fight in you after all." Despite recently being tossed, he slowly drew himself up, wiping his lower lip that had beeen scratched and bled as result of the fall, literally spitting out bits of torn skin with that wicked grin still present upon his face..

"..As the saying goes, a kill is that much more desireable during its last fleighting moments of life.. I shall savor the taste, then, that much longer."

As the Sith finished, that now free right hand stretched off to his side, immediately rendering a metallic axe from its mounted position along the brick wall with aid of the Force. He quickly delved himself furthur within the Dark Side's warm embrace, seizing the powers that be by the throat and commanding it to his will. Tethyn went as far to borrow strength from his Master and Lady Sirvani, the two he felt most attuned and connected with, in order to share such abyssal energies within their circle of faith..

Before making an attempt at striking first, for it was obviously implied by the defensive stance he took, the young man furthur used of the Dark Side as leverage against his opponent, letting it exude from his body and wrap around him as he spoke once more..

"Yes.." He said in the same cold and discontented favored tone of voice, "This is your first experience facing a Sith, is it not?.. Although,.. you have been influenced by the Dark Side before at some time, as many Jedi have. Aha, yeah, that memory you hold of that experience.. It's all very vivid in my mind. I can see it now.."

Using the powers that be on his side, Tethyn would furthur try and break the will of the Jedi's to fight back, to break to his will. More and more did he use his own presence, his own indomiable powers over he to try and distract him, throw him off and break him down from what energy he just created from this new false sense of hope..

"You're also not in any respects well 'versed enough on how to use that weapon of mine at all. Those groves, its weight; there is nothing I don't know about it. Both its strengths and its weaknesses, for I have made it with my own two hands.."

"The Sith sword you see is all very definite and unique to myself and myself only. What lightsaber knowledge you have learned will have no barring in this..-- It will only handicap you furthur. A handicap I shall exploit dearly. Allow me to show you.."

This point would be well put through as he now jettisoned himself though the nature of the Dark Side to become briefly airborne, boots slanted at an angle as he came down upon him through from the air within a split second. The very side of the hard, sharpened axe fell against his own weapon as the Jedi blocked at a high parry, gritting down hard as he used the leverage and angle of the axe to pressure his body to conform and withdraw furthur back across the ground..

"Humor me, Jedi.. Scream for mercy."

A tinge of glint formed from the edge of top groove of the axe as it formed below the second twin blade, flinging the top of the axe upwards to reveal the center torso of the Jedi within the moment. Promptly afterwards, he'd twist his opposite leg to come around in succession, the tip of his boot shoving deep into the side that was still very bruised and torn from the previous beatings he performed..

Tethyn could only grin furthur by the expression of pain on his opponent's face, enstilling himself with far greater power and force to continue to overcome and envelope his squirming prey.. to use the Dark Side to drain and squeeze the very life out of him, both emotionally and physically.

..All the while, the furnance room got hotter, waves upon waves of heat circulating around them as they fought. Being already pre-exposed to the intensity of the heat times before, the Sith was far more prepared for it, gathering mere sweat and vigor from its presence then anything while the dizzyness and distortion it must have caused constantly plaguing the Jedi..

(( 1 ))

(EDIT: for grammar purposes.)

Edited by Guest

Oblivion.jpg

”œAll worlds begin in darkness. In darkness, all worlds shall end.”

Walking the the thin line as he chose to do often brought with it consequences, even as the warmth of the water attempted to bathe away his worries and slowly kneaded the knots along his spine, neck and assorted muscle groups... there was stress. The pinnacle burn of stress, here was an Invader. A Jedi Knight seeking a challenge, Tethyn's toy breaking free... and a duel ensuing. Even as he tried to keep his mind on the moment, he could not... and with even greater regret, gave Sirvani a kiss.

"If someone invades our privacy when we're... well, you know, I'm ripping their forsaken souls from their body. And then, when I'm smothering in Jedi grief and sadness... I'll re-attach it, only to angrily tear it apart again and repeat the vicious cycle."

He brought his hand to her cheek and slid it before exiting the shower, "I hope this doesn't take long. Otherwise, I'm going to be pissed."

Donning a towel to dry some of the water off his body and drawing some clothing, combat robes, boots and a cloak all of dark brown hue, and his weapons. Twin lightsabers, his massive Sith axe and his Sith sword... all running to their respective areas about his body. The axe held firmly in one hand, while the sword hung loosely across his back and the lightsabers at his belt.

He stepped out into the large courtyard of his Temple-Fortress-Palace and sat patiently. Linked to his mind, a team of Noghri had already escaped the Palace walls and sought out the Jedi, standing before him, where the pack, and to Aryian the voice that echoed from the Noghri was John's vernacular, "I'll be brief, you've invaded my abode. Your Padawan was taken through his own foolishness and now, he fights for his life against my own Apprentice. You have two options, wait for the matter to be resolved accordingly... or face me for the breaking of my solitude. Any arrangements priorly made in your mind... I fear, they have been broken. As it stands, I hold only power over my own body and this Fortress, my Apprentice, just as your's, are capable of handling their own. If you seek a confrontation, meet me in the Courtyard..."

And there John stood, all his weapons where they were, now with both his hands resting on the axe-head, an eye-patch covering his cybernetic eye and the boots covering his metallic leg. The cloak hanging heavily over his body, keeping his damp brown-grey hair from showing and hiding his swirling grey-hazel eye...

Heathen Master of the Lords of Hate

KR: I'm like the freakin' Martha Stewart of Chaos.

He was also a Marxist, which is dumb.

Sirvani nodded. It always seemed to be this way...

As John left, she slipped out of the shower herself. Drying her hairless body off, she slipped into a loose robe.

Be careful, John, she said in a playful tone through their bond. I don't want to have to come save your hide.

She sat down on their bed and pulled her lightsaber to her side. Hooking it onto her belt, she reached out into the Force, intent on monitoring the progress of both John and Tethyn.

sirvani.jpg

Emily:"Were you a carrot?"

John: "No, I was more like celery."

Against his better judgement, Aryian followed the Noghri slave to the courtyard, but not for a duel. For once, while he was here, he wanted to see John Skywalker. There were times when fighting was the right thing to do, but Aryian had sensed perfectly when Dash had broken from his bonds, now fighting his Sith abductor, just as Skywalker had mentioned through the Noghri.

His lightsabers were still on his belt, his robes still donned hiding the dull glint of his armor he wore under them when he entered the courtyard, and held a stopping hand up when John saw him, beginning to heft his large axe.

"Stop, please, I do not mean to cause dischord among your own...holy grounds, your home. Outside influences have brought me here, not by my own will, though the short trip to the courtyard was of my own choosing. You are...quite a legend in my mind. One of the best warriors the Sith have to offer, and not one for using backhanded tactics. Yes, I know you, John Skywalker, Sith master. Come, instead of spilling blood, which any man can do, let us instead for once stand in each other's presence in harmony. Like you have told me, our apprentices can handle themselves."

Aryian moved to a nearby marble bench in the courtyard, very intricately carved into the shape of several people undergoing various forms of torture. The Dark side touched him then, chilling him to the bone, reminding him of it's terrible power, power he had once used and never been the same since. For a moment, only a brief moment, he was half-tempted to reach out to it again, feel it's raw fury flowing through him just as smoothly and skillfully as the light side flowed through him right then, but he denied himself that, knowing what lay down that path all too well.

"As for...your other, I apologize for the blatant intrusion. True, your apprentice abducted my own, but that was his choice, not yours, and to disrupt your peace is wrong."

He sat at a slight angle, hiding the fact that his right hand was half-gripping one of his lightsabers, ready to block an incoming blow if John had instead chosen to react in that manner. However Aryian was very calm as well, not expecting such a thing, very vulnerable in the presence of such a powerful Sith. It was unusual and slightly uncomfortable, but the more he sat, inciting no quarrel, the more it felt comfortable to him. After a moment's pause, he began again, not looking directly into John's eyes.

"Many Jedi believe that it is their duty to kill Sith...I am not one of them. I only wish to preserve justice and peace, a sort of paradoxical existence, but members of your order are commonly held in that light, they do commit crimes, or what is considered to be a crime by one or more beings..."

The pull of the Dark side still thudded at him in the back of his mind, but Aryian only smiled. He wouldn't fall a second time. The first time he had, it was forced upon him, he had no choice, Geki had imposed his will upon young Aryian, imbuing the young man with the Dark Side. Now...Aryian knew it's lull, the familiar pull, and he also knew very well how to counter it.

"...Now here I am, intruding into your home, breaking law to save my own on someone that has as of yet committed none against me, yet is commonly stereotyped to do so. Irony, I am almost firmly convinced, is the driving force of the universe..."

Aryian returned his gaze back to John, wondering what he was thinking just then. If he would stay true to the stereotypes society had put upon him, or whether, forced with a peaceful alternative, choose the better path. Either way, Aryian was prepared, though currently he was vunlerable.

Ironic.

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

((1))

((Standard three posts is Good))

Dash's muscles clenched as he was hit in the side sending jolts of searing pain throughout the right side of his chest. He rased the sword for one final block before stumbling back and falling to his knees, using the sword for support. The kick had sent that area of his body into some kind of spasm, causing his breaths coming in short and untimely gasps.

Dash's eyes closed in pain as he felt it surge through him once agin, what had become a normal occurrence from the past few days was starting to wear him down, he was tired of all the pain and just wanted it to stop.

Dash knew how the use the force in order to dull his pain, and he was lucky for that sense he had used it many times during these trials. He allowed the living force to flow through him once again, reducing his pain to a simple annoyance, and allowing him to continue the duel.

Dash brought him self up, with the sword pointed directly at Tethyn, angled in a way so that I caught the fire light and gained a scarlet tint. ”œYou speak the truth, I have know of the sith before, not personally. But you and your comrades have affected my life, in many ways, I might even say that it is because of the sith that my life is what it is today.”

The courtyard did lack some of John's more recent nature in its decoration, he'd admit... he'd rather place statues of people worth admiring, but for some reason, he'd put one of himself and he viewed that as arrogant. He had only moved the axe to re-adjust it... not to incite threat, there was a partial spike in the tension of the environment, fear or apprehension, but then the Jedi sat down... and like all Jedi, spoke. Speaking endlessly, as all Jedi tended to do... almost as much as their endless, interrupting thoughts. It was... annoying. Only Talon, Akturus and Gantoris lacked the need to speak forever. Perhaps, that's why on some level, he found them generally more sustainable as company... or it was Colos' intrusion on his mind.

Whatever it was... John had stared at the statues of torture and chuckled, as if the Jedi's musing were frankly beneath his concern, "Listen Jedi... I will explain the rules now, they fight. Winner is decided and fate turns its leaf, should your Padawan lose... expect not to see his body. You may clone him a new one on your homeworld... the machine world or the Temple. I care not," pausing to clear his throat, and heaving the axe over his shoulder, "until that moment, you can sit there. Ponder your thoughts or return to your machinations. Know that I was lenient today, should more Jedi ships arrive, you will find my... patience quickly vanishing. I don't view you as my enemy, despite the beliefs of the Sith Brotherhood. Not because I like you, but because it is a waste of time to hate all Jedi without prejudice. I have faced many of your kind, most of you have proven yourselves worthy of your lives, I extend this courtesy to you. Know that if you come to harm either my Apprentice or my grounds, my patience will also vanish. I warn you, you may feel comfortable now, Jedi... and you may 'know' of me, but I assure... you do not know me. Honor, Warrior, Sith and Jedi... all names, titles, terms, are irrelevant."

His dark brown cloak flapping in the breeze, "To put it simply, as you've wasted too much of my time, upon leaving the atmosphere you shall wipe all knowledge of this place and its occupants... I am a force not to be reckoned with. Await your Padawan or feel his death in the Force, leave this place with him... or in agony. No more, no less."

Cold. True to form. Not violent, as Aryian half expected, but like a god surveying mortal men. That was why Aryian respected the man, even though he was a mortal enemy to many of his bretheren. True, he had probably talked too much, a mistake he had realized once John started talking, it was woven into his emotions as unmistakenly clear as crystal. Then again, he was nervous. A normal man, when sitting in the presence of someone so powerful, normally shits himself. Twice.

"I understand, it will be as you wish. Should Dash be the victor, then I will ferry him away from here, should your own apprentice, I will leave as well, in both cases I will erase the data in my ship as well as the memories..."

He left out the part about Dash's memories, simply because he didn't have to explain how hard it would be for him to erase them with the force. It certainly wasn't his forte, dealing with maters of the mind, and it was partially why Geki could taint and control him so easily. The fact that John had not tried any of that was testament enough to his honor and power.

He had said that honor had meant nothing to him, neither did warrior. Aryian might not have known John on a personal level, such a thing was both desirable and undesirable at the same time, but he felt that at the basic roots of feeling, the raw emotions that gave birth and rise to the more complex ones that he did know John. Somehow, if beliefs and society and all the political crap that went on in the galaxy never existed, somehow they could have been friends. Perhaps in another lifetime, but Aryian would never know, could never know.

"I will leave you then, to wait outside the temple."

Aryian rose, exiting the courtyard just as he entered, being silently followed by the Noghri at every turn. His implant sent a signal out to his ship, and about ten minutes later his ship was landing in front of the oddly beautiful Temple. Aryian entered, and shed his robes in the cockpit, revealing his armor fully. He closed his eyes, waiting, and watching.

"Blur, subroutine set: Aryian-Gamma-One. As soon as we leave hyperspace on our next jump, I want you to erase all information you have about this planet and it's location, leave the gap in your memory. Then delete the subroutine. Understood?"

"Command Confirmed, Aryian, Blur complies. Subroutine programmed."

"Good. Hardwire it into your safe files."

"Blur complies, Aryian. File moved."

Honestly, he was getting tired of hearing his own voice in the computer, at least, hearing his own voice as if he were some sort of stupid fool. Sighing, he relaxed, allowing the light side to be focused inwards from his armor, drawing upon the relic to push the blinding darkness away from him.

He concentrated hard, tapping into the bond he shared with Dash, looking at the battle through Dash's eyes as if they were his own. He would not interfere, but neither would he abate his curiosity.

Padawans could be cloned. Skill in combat could not.

Blz1mwg.png

OOC: Due to certain choices made, Tethyn chooses to only fight with one-handed weaponry in his right hand.. the left hand used for something else entirely. So, to say the axe is very heavy is bit of an overstatement, actually resembling more of a long stemmed hatchet or throwing arm, but it's all good. It was my fault because I didn't specify. Besides, it was a good post, in any regard. Well done.

IC:

Truth be told, the Jedi resisted more then expected, especially due to the circumstances. The previous tricks applied before hand seemed to be unphasing to break his mind, still holding true to this lingering sense of hope that stood true and true as they fought, even managing to scathe at him at one point in their engagement..

Unbeknownst to his opponent, Tethyn had been playing this battle smart; holding back and taking in from his past experiences fighting John by allowing the Jedi to move freely, even opening himself to be attacked at times in order to learn more about his captive's fighting stance, his feet positioning, gauging based per situation on how he would react above all. It was truely a delight for the young lad, the only thing giving way to this fact was that face of his, continuing to grin and stare back intently during the entirty of the fight..

The Sith also knew well enough by now that in order to break this new strength and after having learned all he needed about this new foe in order to open him up, it was time for him to change styles; almost instantly breaking from the passive and standoffish mold to far more aggressive and relentless being, offensive strikes packed with more hate and intensitivity then ever shown before.

Now the time of playing and toying with his subject had ended.. Tethyn needed to put him in his place once and for all..

"Destiny.." A new side had been revealed to the Jedi, his voice now more smooth, calm, and pronounced while he delved even more into the philosophical realms during their swordplay in retort to what had been stated before..

"There is no such thing as predetermined destiny, only what we ourselves will to create from it. We have the power to do much more then let ourselves be consumed by this false ideal.. Our lives are of our choosing, and no one elses.. Especially not by the Force."

It was just after this small speech took place that he felt warning, a sense of danger exuding through the nature of the Dark Side. While the ash and sut were flung in his direction, the heat escaped their mark in a quick sliding motion, willing himself in order to do so by fully reveling in what refined and building power had been coiled within him. For not only did he fight as one, but had been gathering all along the powers of many; from the planet, from his comrades, everything became alive at his disposal, eyes sent into a more wild fury as he felt himself be filled in such an extreme way..

Just as the Sith moved aside, he made the final movement of the weapon wielded, finding a perfect oppertunity through the Force to inact with such haste, quicker then that he himself could sense, acting as one with his surrondings. In this brief moment, Tethyn spun his wrist completly 'round, elbow bending back as he gathered the wide curved-shape of the metallic blade to chop down right against the horizontal axis of the Jedi's right boot, cutting through the entirity of the foot. By the smooth manipulations of his wrist, he would grind the axe furthur down before relinquishing his hard grip upon it. The blade of the primitive axe now stuck several inches into the hard ground, flowing crimson extrailing from either side of the site.

Within the same spinning motion, the now free right hand reached up and wrapped around his back, fingers gripping down hard against the opposite left shoulder, forcing his back to bend furthur down, not sparring him the slightest moment to rend the blade from his bleeding foot.

His neck bended down to be parallel with his, mouth placed mere inches awat from his the Jedi's ear as he whispered softly into it, "That sword you wield.. is not my weapon.."

Tossing his head to the side, the golden chains the loosely suspended the cloak around half his form gave way, allowing for the first time his left arm to become completly exposed. Harnessed overtop was a quite curious unknown device, mounted and fastened firmly upon the wrist. It had silver decales of a large serpent whose unhinged mouth wrapped around a small slit made near the end of the weapon..

"..Allow me to show your true destiny for you, since you are so blinded to see it by now."

He had been waiting for this moment with extreme anticipation, stretching his senses through the Dark Side to the verge of explosion within his body, reveling full in the bloodlust now felt as his left thumb squeezed back the trigger instanteously after the final words were spoken, the end of the weapon aimed right against the square of his back while both the axe and his opposite hand held his body down firm in place during the brief encounter.

What exited from the newly revealed weapon's chasms was something the modern world had never seen before. A large disk, rowed with multiple edges around the rim of its shape, propelled with blinding speed out from it. The way both weapon and discs were made, the way it moved freely without hesitation when fired, the projectile was unable to be picked up by either aspects of the Force, regardless of experiences within said realms. It was truely the refined art of a deadly assassin's weapon used in days of Old Sith Lore..-- The Lanvarok.

(( 2 ))

OOC: This is not a kill post, just.. a very painful one.

Oblivion.jpg

((2))

Dash's foot throbbed with pain as the ax cut into its thin flesh, tissue, and finally bone. Pain flew up his nerves into his head, but for only a second. Before it seemed like it had even effected him in the first place the pain quite as the living force brought it to bay.

Tethyn grasped his left shoulder and forced him down, triggering something at his back. Although Dash could not sense it with the force, and didn't know what it was he heard it click into action and quickly ducked expecting a sword or maybe even another axe to strike him in the back within seconds.

But what he expected never came, instead a thin metal disk sharper then a razorblade grazed his right shoulder cutting through his robes and combat suit with easy, tell it reached flesh. The moment that it touched his skin it seemed to reverse directions and began to cut in to his shoulder like a rotating saw. Sending a thin spray of blood jetting it to the air.

Dash felt this, and ducked more quickly causing the disk to lose its hold on his shoulder and fall to the ground leaving only a thin line of scared and exposed tissue where it had previously threatened to cut though him to the bone, and maybe even through the bone.

Dash stayed calm and collected, his face set in steal not even shifting as he almost lost two limbs. He knew that if he was going to win this fight he would have to play it smart, to control his emotions not allow them to control him.

Dash brought his hands up and grabbed Tethyn by that head with a firm grip, taking him and slamming his forehead down on the ax that was sticking into his foot, so that the metal floor rang with vibrations.

Then he allowed the force to surge through him, boiling and fuming as it had before, so that when he released it in a force blast, it through Tethyn high into the rooms atmosphere. With practice Dash had been perfecting his force blast to the point the it could crush bounds and tear metal.

Tethyn flew into the air like a rag doll, helpless to avoid the raging current that was the force as it propelled him upwards, accelerating him towards the stone ceiling, and threatening to crush him there.

Dash reached down and pulled the ax out of his foot, but his attention was directed upwards once again at he heard Tethyn's head slam against the ceiling. So that the man stopped and began his journey back down.

Dash brought the ax into a delicate grip, carefully balancing it so that he could strike at Tethyn as he made his decent. Tethyn streamed through the air, and Dash noticed that something was strapped to his left arm. Although he didn't know exactly what it was, it appeared to be something of great imporatants to the man sense he obviously was protecting it as he fell. Dash maneuvered the ax, and waited for the perfect time to slash at the mans left arm.

In one swift stroke Dash brought the weapon bitting into the mans arm with all of his weight, bending the weapon to his will. Tethyn seemed to shutter at the weapon struck him, and he had a right to.

When Dash was done, and he allowed the ax to fall to the floor. Tethyn had lost all but a small piece of his left arm. Only a stub remained, and this spewing a large amount of blood, pained red except for the dull white of bone could be seen through the crimson flow. His forearm had all but been severed leaving only his elbow as evidence of the horrific act that had been preformed on it.

With his arm also fell the Lavorok, bouncing off the ground twice as it fell, and then coming to rest almost completely unharmed save for a few scratches.

With his deeds done, Dash backed away from Tethyn. He moved in a slow limp to the opposite side of the room, because the pain in his foot it was almost impossible for him to run or even walk normally.

Once safely out of the reach of Tethyn, Dash began Crucitorn, a Technique that had become almost second nature to him. He allowed the force to flow through him, and dull the pain, numbing his foot, and stopping the flow of blood.

Dash brought himself into a defensive stance, holding the weapon out in front of him so that it gleamed in the fire light. He heightened his senses as he was skilled at doing and awaited the sith's next move.

”œYou took my weapon, now I have taken yours. So were even would you say, at least on the weapon side of things?”

The whole moment was but a blur, but a mere relapse in time and in his memory that had not been sensed before. Encountering the other spectrum of the Force had its inverse effects upon his own powers, his own energies and what he could sense. Eyes staggered open as something was felt.. An intense pain surged through his entire body as portion of his left arm and hand were dislodged by the weapon he took away in that quick moment, that had forced him to forget from consciousness..

A solid thud echoed as the slender man's body landed and rolled out off from the point of impact, instinctively grasping and tightening his opposite arm to grip just above the recently dismembered forearm, pale fingers coiling and squeezing as a steady stream of blood bled forth and spilled across the ground and clothes. The pressure of pain felt was so great as to create friction barring upon both rows of teeth, a small stream of blood dripping over the left side of his lip and dripped down his chin..

Muffled voice brought from the depths of what his body and mind was feeling wrought by the presence of such pain, hot tears gathering on either side of his eyes as he took a very interesting approach all the sudden from that pained look to one to sadistic grinning and laughter..

"Haaaaaah..-- Haaaaahaha.."

Ever so slowly did he raise to his haunches once again, silver strands of silky threaded hair hung long over his forehead, covering his left eye while his right remained wide, intent, piercing through his surrondings. He lost himself within this brief moment to hysterical laughter, chest heaving up and down as he slowly returned to complacency. All the while, the severed hand that still laid coiled around the Lanvarok's controls glided through the shadows undetected, hovering above the ground as the attention was all on him..

"Stupid, stupid puppet.. You still don't get it, do you?"

One boot strode firmly infront of him, each step filled with a haunting presence that chilled the very hot stinging air around them and willed the inner tendrils of Darkness harnessed to be fully commanded, fully unleashed through him by this steady pain; not so much nulling it as a Jedi would, but rising above said pain and turning it into something larger than mere pain, but a sense of seering power and control displayed throughout his entire body..

"..Haha, 'still so blind, so naive.. and now, so very arrogant to match.."

Another step was taken, stretching furthur and furthur the distance between them, unwavering as each step was taken, progressing at a steady, lingering pace that matched the presence. The one arm that had been unscathed stretched forth, casting aside with relative ease through the Dark Side the Sith blade from his enemy's grip. It had been far too lon for him to possess such that perfect weapon of his, now finished of being humored by watching the Jedi try wielding it like a lightsaber..

"If you think you've taken anything from me,.. Think again."

The previous motion of levitating his very forearm above the ground came into play, continuing to stretch out that right arm of his while clinching the energies all around the Jedi, gripping and latching the areas around his body and keeping him steady from escaping as the two last shots from the Lanvarok were fired..

The first large discis curved in a long, yet narrow path directed right at the shoulder blade, drives manipulating and seering through flesh and bone in within a quick instant before that whole right arm was completly cut off from its source. However, the second discis launched simultaneously was not as kind. It found its place lodged within the young man's side that had been bruised before, making a quick impact like the other but, took a different course of action. Rather then a quick motion, the disc gradually swiveled back and forth as it grinded side to side through a couple ribs, wiggling at last through the tender muscle and flesh before jettisoning out as quickly as it inniatly came in..

"Don't lie to my face just so it makes you feel special, more important then I.."

There was little hesitation or graces given to let his enemy deal with such injuries, playing to his fears and overloading the body's capacity of pain. Just as he approached his now downed figure upon the ground, Tethyn snatched the Jedi's own severed arm up from the ground with his good right arm while his left stayed reamined curled against his sides, still bleeding profusely..

"--It only makes you weaker.."

As he struggled across the ground, arm raising up in protest, the Sith promptly thrashed his solid boot against its elbow with his heel, driving it into ground without hesitation, a significant crack heard following the motion.

"Only makes you reveal your true self.. A scared pawn that's been played into the hands of others to serve a false ideal without any regard to yourself or the galaxy as a whole. "If you can't accept that fact, you deserve such a fate as what I shall give you..

"..Death."

What ensued was fueled partially by what pain he himself felt by the recent act against him, but was also brought on by what pain his opponent felt as well. The Sith's energy, his presence stretched deep, laid anchored and steady throughout the process while his body exuded and displayed what seemed was a pure act of rage, while he himself remained controlled by the pain it caused.

Tethyn's right arm moved back and forth as he grasped the Jedi's dismembered limb at the forearm, beating him across the face and chest by the protruding bone and muscle left rapidly in succession, repeatidly over and over. He did not want to ever stop, never to comply to the steadying aching his physical body felt from the pure exhaustion of it all as thick splotches of blood and muscle tissue was strune and exploded across their bodies with each impounding strike of his own limb, dripping and filling around them..

(( 3 ))

Oblivion.jpg

((3))

Dash let out a scream of pain, not the kind of scream that you normally hear, but a high pinched blood curling scream as the second disk pierced his side and overwhelmed his body and mind with pain. Grinding into his side the small disk sent a stream of blood flowing into the air, along with pail flesh and small fragments of bone. The sight was to much for him, so he changed views to the other side of his body only to notice that was no longer there. He clenched as bile came into his throat, and his mind filled with a read haze causing him to lose all sight and sense, all feeling what so ever. He couldn't even feel his body slump as he collasped.

All of the sudden Dash was no longer in control he wasn't living in the moment, but simply observing. As if watching himself self suffer from another mans eyes. He could do noting, as he had no power to move, even blinking was beyond his reach. It was like his mind have been severed from reality, he was laying on the cold floor, and should have been able to feel it against his cheek, but somehow everything felt like rubber to him.

All the color had left the Jedi's face, his eyes were open and active, but beyond that there was almost no evidence of life. His skill had turned pale, and his breath came in long drawn out gasps.

Dash was helpless to do anything but simply watch as that sith picked up his own severed arm, and began beating him across the face with it. With the fist stroke his nose cracked and broke, sending yet more of his own blood onto the floor, and exposing the fragile cartilage underneath.

With the second and third strokes, his own limb smashed into his scull causing the tender flesh to swell up and turn a light purple. The forth stroke hit him in the temple, sending yet more pain into his head, if he could even feel it now. Dash's eyes swelled up with tears, that mixed with blood and forced him to close his eyes, and anticipate the end of this ordeal, death.

With his eyes closed, Dash's mind cleared of everything that was going on around him. For a second he felt the Darkness of the sith begin to creep into it, wrapping itself around his thoughts and making him loose all will.

Through the Dark side dash could feel the living force, but it was so far away, and so faint. It might as well not have even been that at all except to tempt him.

But though it was very faint there was a single voice that rang through the Darkness, that of his master, Aryian. ”œDash”

OOC: Excuse the OOC statement, just had to say one thing.

Editted. I see it now. That can be interpreted as a following to death, not death itself. In any case, you did very well for your first duel, mighty impressed. Best duel I've been in so far.

Now this duel is offically ready to be modded. KVC, care to help us out on this one, pal?

Oblivion.jpg

A very long well written duel on both sides, per usual making it very hard for me to weigh in on who the winner should be. Having taken the time though to read and reread the posts, I'll ultimately have to give it to Dash, though by a very narrow margin. Good writing gentlement and good luck on your neck bouts.

KVCsig.jpg

The monarch of madness has returned!

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since March 2002.]

[2nd in Command of the Lords of Hate since March 2002.]

Dash's held the sword down on Tethyn wind pipe watching as he struggled, as his eyes fluttered in there last seconds of life. As the blood left his face and he went a pale clammy white, slowing in his struggle.

Strangely, Dash found that he was actually enjoying himself, a feeling of hot rage that gave him power spread through him as he killed another man. As he strangled him with his bare hands.

Dash Brought back the sword, allowing Tethyn to take one breath, prolonging his suffering, allowing him to witness the mans struggle for one more second. But only for a second, as he took the sword and swiped at the mans throat, cutting through his esophagus, and severing the veins that pumped blood to his Brian.

Crimson flowed from Tethyn's neck, splattering up into the air in waves. Spraying the rooming red, hitting Dash in the face and spotting his robes with little red dots.

Dash wiped his face, and when he regained vison, Tethyn's cold lifeless body lay before him stained with blood.

Dash straightened himself up, and realized that his hands were trembling, his breath still coming in short gasps. Killing a man which his bare hands was something that he had never done, before. And it was a lot different then he had imagined it, way different the shooting down a ship or hitting someone with a blaster shot.

Dash kicked the body into the fire along with the Sith blade, the ax, and the Lavoark. The weapons melted into a silvery steal, and the smell of burning flesh filled the room.

The Embers sprang into life, and jetting flames shot up from the ferniest masking what was really happening beyond there firey screen.

Dash turned from the room, picking up his severed arm, and drawing it to his side. He walked slowly out into the empty hallway and up the stone steps that he had come down what seemed like a lifetime ago.

He walked almost as if he were lost, remembering the events of the last few hours, they would forever change his life. In a solemn tone, he spoke to himself. ”œIt is done then.”

In his ship, Aryian's eyes snapped open.

It was done. And Dash had lived through the ordeal, but was badly wounded. Aryian had surveyed the whole battle through Dash's eyes, and when he got up put a hand to his shoulder where Dash's arm had been cut off, making sure his own was still there.

He quickly made his way to his padawan, and gathered him and his things, and left the temple, his ship blasting off for Coruscant. Aryian had regretted to leave, for the only reason that he had been in the presence of the best Sith swordsman alive and had lived. Perhaps there was hope for peace, perhaps it was all just a falsity, and hope was for nothing.

Either way, it had been a long day.

Blz1mwg.png

In that moment of relentless beatings with one severed limb, there was a thought that dwelled in his mind that rooted deep from his heart. The answer to the question, to the purposes of the mission..

Why?.. Why can't you kill him?

..Each hit, each sound of recoiling flesh upon flesh, bone against body, the thought grew larger and larger within his brain. It became more self evidant to him that all this time, even during the Jedi's most vulnerable state,.. the one who tried so willing to be the most sinister, the most sadistic and dark of heart could not draw the final stroke. Could not willingly take his life without some.. deeper connection keeping him from it.

..The seed..

Truely, everything that was commited so far was but a struggle to this idea. Time and time again he tried to will himself to kill.. but he could not. No matter how hard he pushed. No matter how hard he tried.. He could not put himself up the the task. The task that had been given to him.

Now, he lay, physically exhausted and strung to the point where he could not move even if he wished it, not able feel a thing. Blood still poured everywhere from both of them, emptying out ontop of them during the struggle. What he saw nothing was just a blur..

Breathe became harder as he tried to maifest words, feeling the other man take into the dark energies around him. What sensationable pleasure it gave him to see him suffer, see him dying. Such majesty it was..

"Do it.."

The words were so faded, so meager but could still be heard. At the moment he drew back the Sith blade, all Tethyn would do was close his eyes, the last of his energies translating his final words, followed by that same large sinister grin..

"..Do what I could not."

There was no sound. There was no feeling.. Nothing more. Everything after that moment became completly clouded, his vision enveloped by the abyss that faded away from the world..

Oblivion.jpg

John had spent a long time alone in the garden, there was no need to meditate for all that was to happen had indeed happened. He was not so much a seer, as he was like a young child striking away the fog upon the tinted glass of time. Only the most powerful and most insightful could ever truly peer into the future and come back with the truth, all he had received were images and glimpses, tangents of realities. The one he had received... was the right one, and he reacted without fear or expectation, for the Jedi Padawan had tasted of the Darkness and it would be in his Master's court to discover what was to become of it. For now, he had to attend to his own, his kin... or what resembled it.

"He is as old as Renin would have been now."

The elderly man's cloak shifted as he turned, his steps were slow, but deliberate, for when he approached he knew he would find what remained of the young boy. Could he save him from death or would he have to let him peer into it, before he could show him the way? Would he listen?

A mechanical eye befell the form of Aryian Darkfire and Dash Antilles racing out of his fortress, finding the large furnace, open and blazing with hot coals... and the dark torture devices of his Apprentice's musing. The limbless body and the hand still holding firmly to the now emptied Lanvarok, its discs trapped into the architecture.

"So, what's it to be, boy?"

There was silence as he looked upon Tethyn's fiery remains, "Well, boy, it looks like we'll need a new body, doesn't it?"

Who exactly John had been talking to was quite a mystery, it had seemed, as of late, the Master's mind had continued to degrade as his abilities with the Force continued to grow... where one should have reached an asymptote of knowledge, day by day, new tidbits appeared... images of people, flashes of life seemed to heighten his sense of awareness. Things hadn't been entirely right but the future or its many variants painted themselves before they occured.

He had foreseen the battle... it was something Tethyn had likely never thought of occuring as he tortured the Jedi Padawan. The arrival of the Jedi Order's pawns to his abode. Soon, there would be conflict... grand conflict, and as usual, he'd get involved in it. There had always been warnings about letting the Force be your eyes...it had an effect on you.

Drastic effect. Perhaps, his growing quirks were the "dreaded" side-effect. Just as he was about to recover the burning and scarred flesh of Tethyn's body... he slumped forwards and onto his knees. Flashes... people.

The Golden Link Casino. Loud noises, bells, whistles, laughter... and then pain. Intense pain. A growing creature or an injured one... moaning in pain all at once.

The flashes passed and John held his abdomen where the pain had originated. He was not marked in strikes or vets of pain... even his large gaping slash seemed healed. Quelling the fires, Tethyn's burnt corpse was light, as if the water had boiled away in the furnace, only scraps of his metal devices lay battered in the large behemoth. Limbs were scattered about as John walked with Tethyn's burnt corpse to the cloning chambers... it was not a quick walk, but long enough for a Noghri to hang his head in sorrow and initiate the sequences of DNA extraction and recreation.

As Tethyn's body was growing, John returned to the furnace to collect the damaged goods... perhaps, young Valor would find a reason for them.

Speaking to Sirvani, wondering if she felt the pain, I felt a strange disturbance in the Force. It was like a voice calling out...

When Sirvani felt the battle reach it's climax, and the two Jedi escape into space, she rose. She began to walk slowly down to the furnace, knowing that she would find Tethyn dead, although John had already sent the remains to be cloned.

As John spoke to her, she was puzzled. I didn't feel anything, she replied. Perhaps it had something to do with Andon?

A few minutes later, she arrived, and was surprised the hint of lingering pain in John's eyes. "Do you have any idea what it was? What did you see?"

sirvani.jpg

"I... am not sure. I saw lots of people and it was all so loud, with flashes of light from all sides. And then, as if something were trying to claw its way out. Crying...almost. And then nothing, silence."

The confused eyes broke contact... "It looked like the Casino, but I can't be sure... too hazy. Maybe Coruscant?"

The Lanvarok remains came to John's hand, fragments of bone still holding onto the device's handle. "Unless Andon is trapped in some giant jelly-like substance, it shouldn't have been him... maybe its just nothing. I'm been getting different visions, almost at random, who knows..."

Sirvani frowned. "I wouldn't dismiss it as easily as you do. Hmm....I can make a few inquiries. I'll start with the Casino and go from there...if there is anybody trapped in something, it should turn up. Unless it's carbonite, though that doesn't quite fit your description."

She glanced down at the remains of the Lanvarok. "It's a shame it was destroyed," she said, shrugging. "It may be salvageable, though."

Her lekku writhed as she reached into the Force, a sure sign that she was concentrating hard. She searched the stars for whatever John had felt, and found nothing out of the ordinary. People were dying, babies were being born, children were playing, and beings were working at their trades. No Force-user was strong enough to be able to discern any of their thoughts, and indeed, if they tried, they might well be overwhlemed by the magnitude of voices in their heads.

She shook her head and returned to Raxus Prime. "I don't sense anything. If it was someone close to you, I should be able to sense it through my connection with you."

sirvani.jpg

"I suppose you could, but last time I check, the Casino staff wants me dead. Funny... I can break into a vault, but I forgot to screw up some security tapes. Its... different, don't worry too much about it, once he'll be up he can work on this... it'd be more suited to him. We've got a wedding and countless other responsibilities to deal with."

His nonchalance was a bit strange, but he really, couldn't pinpoint it... it was too much like him, the voice but so different.

The pain hit John as if he was the one feeling it... the pounding in his head was so loud... like someone was screaming from inside his mind... and finally... after the initial pounding... he could see Zara's face... he knew it was on the casino he could see the woman Brina standing behind her... he could not not make out the words that were being said... but he saw the look of concern on Zara's face... and the reflection in her eyes of someone... and then the pain returned... it gripped John's insides... and suddenly he felt the connection through the force...

bekscopy.png

OOC: Someone's a bit pushy, eh?

IC:

Even as he was about to finish his sentence, the Lanvarok in his eyes suddenly collapsed and the humanoid collapsed forward. The sensations gripped him from inside... it were moments of watching the Dathomir wench and the young side-kick of the casino security, and the feelings of limbs pushing outwards and kicking into something within him...

"Holy Jedi puke! I think I'm pregnant!"

The line was not exactly very sensible nor anatomically possible, but given the situation, something was 'ripping' into his bowels and insides. The wincing pain and loud shrieking of a young creature, feminine, and ethereal destroying any capacity for rational thought as John fell to his knees.

It was as if his entire nervous system shut down and he was floating... his arms and legs completely useless, only his eyes and ears seemed to be bombarded by flashing lights and sounds as a glance of a blonde appeared and then it... vanished. Or... at least, was temporarily expelled, as the last morsel of food and liquor consumed by the elder male exited up and out of his throat on the floor and tears of unbearable pain steam-rolled down his face. The color fading before his face became terribly flushed and he rolled over on his back, arching it... as if possesed and finally collapsing with his eyes rolling into the rear of his head in a blackout.

Time would pass... and he'd awake, it passed without really seeming to have existed... and when his eyes parted to form slits, he looked at Sirvani... "It's her..."

Sirvani cried out as John toppled forward, and reached down to help him. She cradled him in her arms as he passed out briefly, then woke again.

At first she was confused at his exclamation, but realization dawned on her as he woke again. She knew it certainly wasn't her...and that left one other person. Sirvani felt a hard lump of dread in the middle of her heart.

"Her?" she said in a whisper. "You mean...that woman who...she's pregnant? With...with your child?"

A thousand emotions flowed through her in that instant, ranging from dread to hatred to jealousy to disbelief. She helped John into a sitting position almost automatically, and turned away, her mind racing. She couldn't be pregnant...John was wrong. This couldn't be happening.

"No! I...I don't believe it...no..." she sputtered, searching desperately for something to say. It was all over...the whole big deal was in the past now. Forgive and forget...it wasn't fair! She had been stretched as far as she could go, done things that she never would have done, just because she loved him. But this...

She was also surprised by the pangs of jealousy that overtook her. She hadn't realized this was even an issue, but now that she thought about it, she couldn't deny that it was there. It was an insult to her womanly pride that the other woman was the one who was going to bear John's child and not her.

"What..." she managed to say, her back still turned to him, "what do you want to...do about it?"

sirvani.jpg

John grimaced, the emotion was relatively palpable... the anger and jealousy, the confusion, then again... it was quite reasonable and regrettably to all of her questions, John only offered a stupefied look. He was justified in his own myriad of personal trembles, given that whatever made his unborn off-spring go crazy, it was quite potent in the Force... more than its father, its 'step-mother', its uncle... hell, the power the kid seemed to tap into was incredible. It was clear from that point forwards... force users under the influence of mood-altering drugs should never, ever, attempt procreation. It created what people in a galaxy far, far away and far, far into the future of linear space-time would call a 'crack-baby.'

When he finally managed a reasonable response, he sort of scratched his chin, "I guess... we should... go see it. All of us? Yes, the longer I can wait before I string myself up by a noose, the sooner."

Upon reiterating what he just said in his mind, he corrected himself, "I'm pretty sure I meant better... at least I think so. Look, if I knew this was going to happen... No, that's not right."

He remained silent for several more moments as he tried to explain his own shock, awe and general disbelief... but there were no words. "Well... obviously, it kicks me in the stomach when its accessing the Force. So...if Coruscant is as good as any guess for her whereabouts and the attacks stopped, clearly... its someplace out of the Force's way. Either a holding cell or the Last Call. I'm just afraid the Mad Monarch might be in league with the lawfully pissed Casino. Or at least with too many Mercs and Bounty Hunters for me to take them all on in my present mind-trippy condition."

There was a slow, gradual noise that rose from the chambers of the med bay. Cultivated and suspended by wires amoungst the green theraputic water, the life of the Sith was slowly being restored bit by bit under the protective corrosive container that held the pod together. A swarm of bubbles rose as he took his first exasperated breathe of air into a mouth piece that was now harnessed around him, wires extending into different parts of his body; all along his legs and back to keep him upright.

With both hands, he painfully ripped out each individual wire, grey azure eyes lit up in pain as screams were projected into the mouth piece and muffled by the surronding water. Thrashing his legs about, he became freed from the containments, feeling his body loosen with each wire removed. Upon vital reactions being displayed, the tank instantly began to lower back into a series of tubes that had originally filled the container. It drained up to his waist before both fists began clattering against the durasteel door that shut him out. One after another after another, the furious sounds echoed out along the Temple carried by gutteral cries of rage..

"Rrrrraaaaawh!"

The hinges of the door gave way under the extreme pressure of his wrists, the green water that remaining spilling at his feet as the young man exited. Two Noghri that had been posted to oversee the operation immediately froze, the now nake young man holding clips of wires in either hand, soaked to the bone.

"Clothes!.. Towels..! Now!!"

His voice boomed, followed by throwing either bits and pieces of wire directly at their backs as the two servants fled to carry out the orders. Chest heaved up and down, taking large gasps of breathe from the inensity of yelling, the swirling anger inside him, and getting used to breathing once again.

It did not take long for the two to return with all the items required. Coarse wet hands, dripping in vicous liquid still grasped the whole lot of towels and patted himself down repeadily before discarding them inside with the same intensity. The clothes found their way onto his body, taking all his strength and what little left of his better judgement and patience to put them on before storming off..

Thick black boots smashed along the ground as he slowly, manically took his sweet time in pounding every square inch of wall and floor that came across. Knuckles were cut, ignoring what little sensation of pain caused by pounding the walls again and again to make more abhorrid noise that filled and echoed through every corridor, making sure his presence was felt to the one he sought out..

"It makes no sense!! Arrrrrrrg," One hand smashed through the vase he remembered playing with before, intentionally breaking it into a thousand pieces, letting the shattered remains lay at his feet while boots stomped them out..

"He was mine! Mine, I say!.. That insolent, stupid, wretched.. fool!.."

Arms raked along the walls, raking off sheets of plaster and metal that held the corridors together as he relenetless bashed anything and everything within his way, the Dark Side swelling within him and impacted with every blow..

"..He won't get away with this!.. Oooooh, no.. Not by a long shot! Dash!!.."

As he pronouced the last name, he thrusted the entire length of his right arm through the wall before slowly gathering his voice to scream outloud just after he felt his arm swell in pain from the impact, the word of his Master's name on his lips instead..

"..John.. John... John!"

Whipping the arm back around, shaking off whatever debry gathered by the vandal act caught onto his uniform, his blind frenzy led him eventually to the room where he wanted to go. Veins strung out from either side of his eyes as the door was flung open, revealing himself at last after storming about wildly..

"You!.. You let this happen, didn't you?! Somehow.., someway.. you just knew this would happen!.."

His body never paused as he came wildly through the door, entracing his steps at heightened speeds to close even though the elder man's mind was in a fairly weakened state. It didn't matter, nothing did. A firm close fist impacted across his left cheek, pulling the weight of his arm down with the motion. He ignored everything and everyone else, standing firm above him now with that same fist leaning out..

There was a sudden uplifting moment as all that rage completly subsided, almost completing drained of energy. His knees felt weak to stand on, lowering down to one with his back curled low, face hovering over the ground..

"How?!.. How could this have happened?!.. Why.. Why did I fail, Master.. How did I fail you?.."

Immediate pain and regret surged in his body as his mind became progressively less chaotic, breathing deeply in and out as all those emotions he ignored from the frenzy suddenly hit him, barely able to withstand his knelt position..

Oblivion.jpg

Taking the hit, despite the boy's intense rage, his muscles were too weak for his dramatics to have made much of an instant... or perhaps, John was far too concerned with the pregnancy of his out of wedlock mistake, that the veiny bundle of joy was hardly able to scratch the surface. Bending for his satisfaction, as the fist flung itself across his face, John laughed...

"Kids. I hate kids. They grow up to be like this... whiny, bratty and pissy. What the hell?"

On the other hand, Tethyn at least served as decent distraction, "You failed. Why? I'm not sure... pride? Taking too long from performing your true deed. Because you were supposed to? You didn't fail me, however, you take from each lesson... whether good or bad, what you need to take from them. Perhaps, you lack the 'Kill-or-be-killed' edge of the common rabble under Ryu. Frankly, it doesn't matter... you take from defeat what you need. If I asked myself why Jedi Fynn beat me... I'd run a sword through my stomach in dishonor. Since, I'm not stupid, I realize, I was not strong enough... or luck was not with me. I keep him fresh in my mind... should vengeance suit me, I'd act upon it."

Once John's exaggerated rambles stopped, he looked into a space of vacuuous air, "How could you put up with me at this age?"

Turning around, "I see your point." As if conversing with a ghost, John continued "Anyway, get up, Tethyn... your weapons were destroyed. You can rebuild them while we go... deal with something important. We shall return... soon. When I return, I expect to see them finished and completed. Do not dissappoint."