Raxus Prime - Sith Temple

Ara-Lai Kaipi

The words nearly shattered his heart, the talk about his weapons being dismantled. They meant so much to him, having spendng many labourous hours until a furnance with enough heat to melt his skin off. Hands wringed into a fist as he slowly stood back up.

"That son of a--.. Probably payback for what I did. And I won't deduce luck from the equation, for if it weren't for the prolong to his death that was the end mistake, luck would be the only means to victory. I'm sure of it.. He was mine."

The urge to hit something in spite rested, now more lucid and in control while his Master's words and presence came over him in such a way that was soothing. It must have been that Jedi part of him that coarsed such feelings, or it might have been due to the fact that he himself had been touched by a Jedi as well; that part embracing that other half, perhaps.

Never the less, the rage left his body, only afterwards able to readjust himself to standing, cracking his neck side to side with a more confident tone of voice.

"Very well, take your time, then. You'll not only see the weapons made, but I already have had plans to improve them. Pity, it would have saved me alot of effort to just addon attachments. Such is fate, I guess.."

Arms pulled off to the side ina gentle shrug as he turned himself about, taking a few steps towards the door before stopping and turning on his heel, head lowering off to the side..

"I also feel that the Jedi has been injured beyond just physically.. I felt him touch into the Dark Side, and he enjoyed it, I know it. I felt it.. If ever we meet again, I shall give him a far greater taste of this new medicine he so enjoys, even if I have to shove it down his very throat myself."

Hands rubbed together as his eyes danced side to side, feeling a bit stirred up by his own words before bursting out into a bit of laughter before grinning and speaking once more.

"Haha, ah well. You take care now, y'hear? I believe I'll be very busy the next couple days thanks to this scum.."

Ideas continued to pop up even as he spoke, mind wandering as he spoke. It was a particular trait that he might have picked up from John's contageous acts to do the very thing himself, more outloud then he though. Tipping a hand off to the side of his head, he bowed to both of them and stepped out into the hallway, that same menicial laughter being heard from the hallways, loud at first then getting softer as he kept walking onwards.

Oblivion.jpg

”œAll worlds begin in darkness. In darkness, all worlds shall end.”

As Tethyn vanished and John began to direct Sirvani towards the Hangar bay, "Look, I'm pretty sure you may want to kill her, but, she's still a trained Assasin... and I'd rather not deal with things with violence. Tethyn's ordeals, aside, but we're all adults... and we're both pretty damn rich, unless she's sold out to someone."

As he finishes his sentence a Noghri happens to be walking past and in that split second, a large hulking mass of undigested food bathes the Noghri servant, with John doubling over... smothered by a massive headache.

He manages to reach the hangar bay, with a large bucket, a cigarette in his mouth to clear the bad taste with something else, and his large flask of liquor... "God dammit. I'd say the Last Call, you may want to pilot..."

Heathen Master of the Lords of Hate

KR: I'm like the freakin' Martha Stewart of Chaos.

He was also a Marxist, which is dumb.

If she wasn't still steaming, she might have found the conversation slightly amusing. As it was, she only listened with one ear, trying to gain control of her emotions. She didn't know what to think, and in her mind, she heard echos of Tarrian's words that were imparted ot her on Korriban. This was foolish...she should accept it and move on. It didn't really mean anything after all, just that she would have to meet this woman face-to-face.

She straightened up as John led her to the hanger. Helpiing him along as he vomited the entire way, she barely resisted a small smirk. It wasn't every day that a male got a taste of what it was like to be sick from a baby. In fact, she didn't think it had ever happened before. Well, served him right, she thought.

She boarded the ramp to her ship, since she didn't trust the old shuttle to make it as far as Coruscant. Putting him in the lounge with an admonition that he had better not throw up on the furniture, she headed to the cockpit. A few switches and button flips later, the ship lifted out of the atmosphere.

sirvani.jpg

Emily:"Were you a carrot?"

John: "No, I was more like celery."

The dark familiar steps seemed to stream by his vision as the young man took haste to reach the furnance room once more. Leaping off from the last step, he stomped on the ground with a large clatter, eyes scanning the area with a scowled look upon his face.

This isn't the end.. Just the beginning of what is to become.

Part of him wanted to reflect on the current events that happened, but those tendrils that had now begun to become sown in as part of the deeper energies manifested by the Dark Side did not allow it. He was charged, enlightened by the very presence to proceed to the matters at hand without wasting anymore precious time.

Immediately, the scolding furnance drew higher up from the fire pit, the level of molten flames and white hot liquid pushing to the very limit. Hissing sounds sechoed as the pipes that channeled all the heat began to become pressed back from the inside by the pressure. Although, within a matter of minutes, the sound began to be drown out by the various beatings of hammer against cold steel, ringing audibly through the wide chamber and reverberated off the hard, concrete walls.

Although what occurded had been a horrible ideal, there were some benefits to the remodeling process. All the weapons were to be redone in his mind, more fitting with deadlier potency then ever before. He ordered some of the loyal Noghri to bring down supplies not found in the room, consisting of various chemicals used primarily for medicinial purposes, but when certain vials were mixed, they had a far inverse effects.

Almost half of the large composite ore supply had been thrusted into different molten shaped bowls, squares dipped down deep into the heart of the furnance and becoming viscous within seconds. Using the dial that the chains that suspended the bowls, he'd pour the Trillium ore into cast mold of the Lanvarok square shape. It would be a few hours before the material would finally be cool enough to take solid form and reshape.

Meanwhile, while only a small portion in relative size to the material he melted was used for the reconstruction of the Lanvarok, the majority was poured onto a large sheet with various curves and indentations made by the hammer. With his bare hands, he'd tear each individual piece and hold it to the forging anvil, furthur pounding out and shaping the dark ore to make a definite shape.

Sweat gathered all around him as he toiled in his effort, ever focused on the Jedi's disgusting face throughout the ordeal. It gave him strength, motivation to push himself furthur, faster. With the experiences given before on trial and error, the lad found the whole ordeal far simplier and easier then before. Eyes gleemed as muscles continued to tighten and bear down with each rapid succession of the curved hammer head upon the malleable material.

Carving out the details and etching his own personal markings along all his workings, the furnance finally was squelled after a full day's labor. He had not eaten, nor had he rest, just working hard and harder throughout the whole lapse of time.

In the end, as the lights began to dim, three things were propped up on the chains, still cooling and hardening over the last of the embers of the furnance. First, the Lanvarok looked on the outside primarily the same, still with the same snake being engraved on the top, but inside was entirely different. By condensing the discs size to small portions, it left room for the chemicals he ordered to be store over the discs. It brewed together a thick, green liquid that was carried through a series of tubes to spread over the discs and, on will, be pumped through the front end by the assistance of hydraulics.

Secondly, the original Sith blade had been entirely redone to the point where it was neither recognizable by the new successor that took its place. The Trillium ore had been folded back and coiled into two rods that clamped over his right wrist much like the Lanvarok, but it also left room for the full function of his right arm to take up a finely crafted, finely curved dagger that could actually be clipped between the rods. The rods themselves served a valuable purpose, powered by a series of chains and hydraulics like it's brother in arms, but acted entire different.

The two rods were designed to protrude out like snake fangs within a split second two feet out, then to be retracted back. The same chemicals used in the Lanvarok accompanied this new design which Tethyn promptly had named, The Sidewinder, based on the fact that the rods would actually coil up around one another before being sent out. They acted also as an form of injection, gapping a three inch hole in diameter to whatever target regardless of shape or material, and could make a hole four inches deep, instaneously releasing the toxans inside to the victim.

Finally, a full suit of dark plated armor had been formed. The outer shell had the capacity was hard enough to resist the properties of a lightsaber, infamous for the trait to sting back at an opponent's grip who struck the outer layer of the armor on contact. Vital parts around the chest, limbs, and legs where the plate formed had been coated with cortosis overtop the Trillium material, while the areas where his thighs and upper arms were exposed consisted of light composite weave which were fully condensed by the Trillium base material, able to take the brunt of a lightsaber strike multiple times before bending back.

There is it.. The fruits of one's labor seems so sweet after completion, but the taste shall even sweeter when what carnage supplied by such devices will be made by my own hands.

Immediately when it came time for all the materials to be readied, he suited himself slowly within the armor, feeling it out entirely. The light mesh weave allowed his joints full range of motion, the plates on his forearms, neck, chest, and ankles a tad bit heavier, but by the pure shape, cut down on hindering motion. Despite how well it was made, he'd have to wear the armor consistantly for a days, something he would have done even if that wasn't required. It was sheer beauty, glinting in that charcoal hue and made his body frame look larger, more imposing then before.

He specifically crafted the neck piece to come up to his chin, the rest curving around the back of his head where only the front of his face was exposed. Everything else had been wielded and covered by either the composite armorweave or Thrillium, the harder plates being coated with by a thing layer of cortosis as well.

The custom armor was also fit to easily clamp on either weapons, holes beind made underneath for his gauntlets to literally compress the air between them and stick without any risk of removal. He pressed the Lanvarok on his left wrists with his right hand, while his left tagged the Sidewinder to his opposite wrist.

Now, he was complete. This was the epidemy of his work; all other pratices before dwarved by what splendid craftsmanship performed this very day. Tethyn grinned in extreme delight by the facade of the armor reflecting in the mirror upstairs, having taken some time to rest and admire his work before the final preparations were made.

"Damn, do I look good," He would remark while he retracted his fingers in and out from the conform of the black gauntlets that covered the armorweave, every minute getting more accostumed to the feel of the armor against his body.

The more he looked at the armor, it made him look at his face more. He had changed so much since his first scared visit to the planet, almost afraid of everything that moved. He was this creature now, more powerful then he ever imagined, creating something he thought was impossible.

"My time here.. has ended," There was no denying it. As of recently, he felt held back by his Master's instruction. He, himself, remarked a name that he had heard before. Ryu. Strange, how much the name stood out.

Making up his mind within that instant, he decided there would be no more wait. He had come of age and it was his time to bring himself to where it all started before. To seek this name hinted by his Master and follow it to the end, to find what purpose it held.

Propping himself in the plated A-Wing used on his previous journey, easily taking hold of the controls even still while within the armor, it propelled up into the atmosphere and left Raxus Prime, the place he grew to know so well over the months, had ended..

(( OOC: Also, this was an older picture I made before.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/gurtperk1/1fc65c0c.jpg

The armor and Lanvarok are still the same, but the sword is now replaced by The Sidewinder. Just to give a small visual, with obviously some adjustments, but you get the picture, right? Right. ))

Oblivion.jpg

”œAll worlds begin in darkness. In darkness, all worlds shall end.”

• 1 month later...

John nestled Emily from her temporary bindings, before he smiled up at Sirvani, "I suppose we're lucky to have avoided Coruscant..."

The moment he spoke, Emily reached out and grabbed John's finger...

As the ship entered the atmosphere of the small planet, Sirvani nodded. "We always do have a knack of avoiding situations we don't want to be involved in."

The craft landed smoothly, and the ramp lowered. "It's always good to be back here," Sirvani said, taking a deep breath of the still-tained-with-the-smell-of-blood air. Her lek twitched in pleasure, and she turned back to John, an expectant, waiting look on her face.

sirvani.jpg

"I can expect the future will turn sour, but that's just because that's the way I am... I worry."

With Emily still holding onto his finger, he walked with a smile plastered over his face...

She saw right through it. As they walked through the hallway, she brushed his mind with the Force in a sign of affection. "What's wrong, John? Don't say nothing...I know you well enough to know better."

She held up a hand to stop him from interrupting. "You? Worried about the future? That is not the Sith Master John Skywalker that I know. What is troubling you?"

Her voice was soft, a tone she reserved only for him. His nonchalance and seemingly depressive state worried her...she wondered if maybe it was merely something to do with Andon, but didn't know. She hoped he would confide in her; after all, if he couldn't trust her, who could he trust?

sirvani.jpg

"I haven't figured out what it is, at least not yet..."

John's brow furrowed, "It just seems like something serious is on the verge of happening... I dunno if its me, Andon, or something else... but its better to not really think of it."

The baby girl's fingers crawled about John's...

She pursed her lips. "All right then...whatever you say."

She pushed back her worry for him, although it still lingered. She turned her focus on little Emily. She was pretty cute for a human baby, Sirvani acknowledged. Her dark hair and peircing eyes were stunning, and Sirvani was familiar enough with human standards of beauty to know that she would grow up to be the envy of many other humans.

At that moment, the baby cooed and looked up at her. A broad smile crossed the girl's face, and she giggled, reaching out to play with the end of one of Sirvani's lekku. The twi'lek's jawline softened, and she looked up at the man holding Emily. "Can...can I hold her?"

sirvani.jpg

"But of course," as he offered the baby to her adopted mother.

"Then again, Coruscant is on the verge of collapsing for the sixth or twelfth time this month... so, it could just be that."

He forced a smirk, it was a relatively cold and very cruel thing to do, but in the game of Dejarik that was life, it was better to sacrifice pawns and even a wayward Knight, in order for your true game to survive.

He looked on with a smile, strikingly oblivious to the realities of the galaxy, concerned more with the moment... after all, what the hell did he care if the city-planet blew up...

Bekka? She'll wake up and high-tail it out of there, if she already hasn't...

"Coruscant will fall and be rebuilt as it always is," she replied. She reached out and took Emily from John's arms, carefully, as though she was afraid to drop her.

The baby cooed and looked up at her. Sirvani looked down at her, and was struck with amazement at the fragile state that everyone entered the galaxy. No matter what form--hatchling, baby, wyrwolf, larvae--almost all were helpless, dependant on another for the first steps of their lives. It was amazing that anyone grew up, she mused, with so much responsibility on others to take care of them.

"Welcome to your new home, Emily," she said softly. She then held her back out to John. "You'd better take her back...I..." She hadn't had any experience whatsoever with babies, and felt somewhat awkward. A slightly embarrassed look crossed her face.

sirvani.jpg

"You'll have to get used to her," he mused as he made a slight face, that brought a bit of laughter to Emily's face, "you're her mother now."

Actually, a gaping hole in the newfound truth of the moment struck John much like a formaldehyde covered fish, the proverbial fish-slap, so to speak, neither John nor Sirvani had ever been parents. At least not in the usual sense...

"It seems we've been forced into these roles. But we'll learn."

She realized he was right. "Some parents we're starting off to be," she muttered to herself. "I don't even know how to hold her."

Just then, Emily made a face and began to cry. Sirvani's eyebrows went up. "Now look what you did, John. You scared her," she paused. "Or maybe she's just hungry."

Sirvani rummaged through the bag that Zara had given them and found a bottle. Thankfully, it was full, and Sirvani held it up to Emily's lips. The baby gobbled the milk hungrily, and Sirvani relaxed a bit. "She's certainly going to keep us on our toes."

sirvani.jpg

"Taking care of a baby can't be much worse than fighting the Alliance or a legion of Jedi Knights... and generally, babies tend to smell better, or so I hear..."

Watching as Sirvani fed her, "See, you're not doing so bad... it just takes getting used to. Just cradle her head and rock your body side to side slowly..."

She awkwardly did as he said, then slowly found a rythym. "At least fighting Jedi I know what I'm doing..."

The baby settled down, and after the bottle was empty, began yawning. Sirvani continued to rock her, and after a few minutes, Emily fell asleep in her arms.

It is said that there are few sights in the galaxy that are as soothing and peaceful as watching a baby sleep, and Sirvani found that saying proved rather true. Emily looked so calm as she slept, her finger curled around her new mother's hand.

She looked up at John. "Let's find her somewhere to sleep in peace."

They made their way up to their room. The adjoining room had a door leading to it that they never used; now, Sirvani opened it. There was a bed and a refresher in the small room. Sirvani alerted one of the Noghri and commanded that a crib be brought up for Emily. The Noghri were prompt, and the cage-like bed used for infants arrived quickly. She gently laid the baby in it and covered her with a blanket.

sirvani.jpg

It was beautiful, to look upon a sleeping baby girl, all she did was wrestle her blanket for warmth. Her father looked on with much joy and a semblance of pride, before he was struck with his newfound alarming foresight, "War."

The word was whispered by the adult male, but even its charged impact carried off into Emily's mind and woke up with tears.

"I think she understands what it means."

Sirvani looked up sharply and reached out with the Force. It was writhing in turmoil, and the struggle pointed towards the center of the galaxy. "Coruscant," she said. "That planet never gets a break."

Her tone left it open for his opinion and/or instruction as she picked up the crying baby and tried to soothe her.

sirvani.jpg

John looked on with his eyes the same way as they were, passively, offering to it no resistance and no desire to intervene, whether he had fallen prey to the worst of all sins, sloth, or because he saw that there was no way his actions could really change fate. He only yawned, and offered a soft cooing sound that had the intent of purging the fear and doom from the young girl's mind.

"It is the rotting gem at the core of the galaxy. It is essentially, what has always been desired. Generals, Admiral, soldiers, Jedi, Sith, warriors... all have savagely hungered for it, only to find it an empty reward. It is the epitome of our human futility."

Sirvani nodded, agreeing. "I'm not sure I would use those words exactly," she said, "but, yeah, I agree. There will always be a struggle for that planet."

As she glanced up at him, a fresh wave of affection washed over her. He meant everything in the galaxy to her, and she knew that if he was ever taken away from her, whether by death, or something else, she would surely not be able to go on. Even now that she had something else to live for--the little child she was holding in her arms--she didn't know how she'd live without him...

But she shook her head and pressed her lips together. Her lekku twitched, and she tried to ignore the feeling. She didn't know why she was even thinking about it--after all, there were no signs that they were going to be separated, and no reason for them to be.

The silence had stretched into a rather long pause before she even realized it...

sirvani.jpg

"I suppose, I shouldn't use those words, they just seemed poetically appeasing."

His face contorted to a strange and exaggerated expression of happiness, that sort of playful anime affection that people from a completely different and far away galaxy enjoy on early morning cartoons.

He played with Emily's fingers for a bit, before, embracing his soon-to-be wife, "There's something we always put off, that I think, we should do... our wedding. I mean, we're a family and all."

Sirvani stepped back, her hand staying in his. "Really?"

Her tone was disbelieving, like she couldn't believe that they were finally going to go through with this. "Really?" she said again, her eyes shining with cautious, but deep joy. "We've been talking about it for so long....and so much has happened...I..."

She was about to say she didn't think they were ever going to get married, but stopped, realizing she wouldn't have meant it. She had known, all along, that someday, she would be his wife. But just hearing him say it...made it almost too good to believe.

sirvani.jpg

"I know what you mean, I understand, but... I think, because there's been so much... we should do it. Just to tip off the iceberg, you know? If what I get in glimpses is right, even Colos is about to become a Jedi Master. And because of my ego, I can't let his accomplishment top mine... I'm a Dad is a good thing, but I got married, well... you know that just ices the cake."

He made another goofy expression, to imply his attempt at a joke, "But in all seriousness, I think it's about time, we even have our own little flower girl."

Sirvani smiled at his joke. "I've been waiting for this for a long time..." She didn't need to say she was excited and, if the word could be used appropriately for a Sith Master, almost giddy.

"Let's have it here at home," she said. "The ceremony at least. And we have to invite everyone...everyone I know, everyone that you know, and all of those people's friends. This will be one crazy, massive wedding."

She grinned. "Of course, we'll be there, so that's a given no matter how many people we invite."

sirvani.jpg

"Of course, no one can be left out... you know, the guest list is going to be filled of people that blatantly hate eachother. So it'll be like every other wedding! We're like normal people with superpowers!"

A burp escaped Emily, before she throw up some formula on her father's usual garb, "I think she's implying I need a change of clothes."

She laughed at his statement about being normal people with superpowers. Then the Twi'lek only laughed harder when Emily threw up on her father.

The Sith Master picked up her daughter. "Now, now, Emily, there must be an easier way to tell him that you don't like his outfit." The baby cooed at her mother's laughter, then yawned widely.

"All right, I get the hint. You didn't get your nap because your daddy so rudely interrupted you." Sirvani laid the girl down on the bed. Surprisingly, the child quickly slipped off to sleep in a matter of minutes, displaying a maturity beyond her age. Sirvani raised her eyebrows and motioned for John to follow her out of the room.

"That was surprisingly easy. I have the feeling she will be a very good baby."

Sirvani changed her mood. "Since you need a change of clothes anyway, how about a little duel before you change? No sense in getting two outfits dirty." She asked it in an innocent, sincere tone, that she couldn't hide the twinkle in her eye. "I'm getting out of practice."

sirvani.jpg

OOC: As for the content and frequency of my future posting, I warn thusly, I have broken my leg, literally. I am on pain medications, whose symptons on me, have led to strange tangential topics... including seeing how far back I can bend my upper body... and while seated on my chair, I can touch the floor with my head. But I digress, I cannot promise true success. Perhaps, when my leg heals... or I run out of meds.

IC:

"As am I, pacifism does not suit the once-proud warrior... I've fallen down the slippery slope of philosophizing and robbing casinos. Next thing, I'll be giving balloon animals to homeless children."

The elder male looked at his... outfit... and formed a fair smile of disgust. "If you wish, unless you're implying one of our less than... traditional duels. But if not, I shall do my best to... honor your request."

He offered a gratuitous smile, before extending his palms. "I'm going to work on something a little different, personally, but by all means, choose whatever style and weapon you'd enjoy..."

OOC: No worries. That is totally understandable. I hope your leg heals well.

IC:

Sirvani raised an eyebrow mischieviously. "Maybe that is what I was implying..."

She turned away before she could see his expression and took out an older traditional Sith sword. She enjoyed blades, and when the blade was metal rather than energy, it was a special treat to use.

The two made their way outside to the cleared dueling area in front of the Temple, leaving the baby monitor on in case Emily woke up. The weather was warm, and the almost-hot air carried with it wafts of something rotting in the forest.

The Twi'lek Sith Master turned, and brought her blade into a guard postion, letting John make the first move.

sirvani.jpg

Taking the guard to be his cue, the aged male took a few steps forward, bringing his mechanical leg to bear on the blade, metal connecting with metal. The two being treated to similar effects...

A relative crinkled appeared upon John's face, "Despite its horrendous appearance, its proved rather decent."

With the balance placed on solely one foot, it didn't take long for someone to press his disadvantage, and to break the advantage, he shifted into a backflip, and rolled away from Sirvani's pressed advance....

"Warrior monk. That's fitting."

OOC: Trying to break your leg IC as well as OOC, eh? Those meds must be something.

IC:

She laughed aloud at his choice of weapon. "Warrior monk John Skywalker? Somehow I can't see it."

She tossed her blade aside. "It's really not a fair fight, at least to me."

Sirvani took the offensive, charging at him, intent on knocking him over. She knew he was a lot stronger physically than her, but looked forward to the challenge. She bent her shoulder, sending him flying back with an 'oof'. She then rolled and hooked a leg under him when he stood again, sending him to the ground again.

sirvani.jpg