Ilum

RaveN

Gantoris walked in with a sense of pride. Geki could tell Gantoris respected him as his presence here was proof enough.

The Sith order has failed me just as the Jedi order has. I wish to join with you as partners. My powers matched together with your intellect in diplomacy and engagment will be unmatched.

Gantoris removed his hood from his head, showing his altered face covered with a bone mask. His now hairless face and body could be seen through the side of his mask.

Do you wish to conquer all?

homealone.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since November 2001.]

Member of the Four Horsemen

The League of Shadows

OOC: What's a force pike again?

IC:

"If you say so," Avion said as a hint of nervousness escaped his voice.

The Zabrak approached his adversary rather slowly, considering he was still thinking up a plan of attack. Deciding to wing it, Avion quickly lunged at Piccolo's left flank, sending an attack directed towards the hunter's neck while using his other sword to defend himself from any counter-attack.

Avion.jpg

"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them makes life meaningful."

-Joshua J Marine

Force Pikes are generally used by Senate Guard and Imperial Royal Guard. The two meter long pike is used to keep any person away from important figures. But most of all it is a status weapon that in practice is hardly used.

The tip of the pole is a vibro-edged head that can kock a full-grown Wookiee unconscious and when set to maximun can rip through seel bulkheads and easily dismember most organic beings. The control settings and power generator are located at the Pike's grip. While most prominently displayed by the Emperor's Royal Guard, force pickes are employed by a wide variety of planetary militias and police forces. They are excellent for crowd control. Force pikes are often employed during boarding actions because they allow attackers to slice through bulkheads and airlocks and can be operated in small hallway's.

homealone.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since November 2001.]

Member of the Four Horsemen

The League of Shadows

Keeping the pike unactivated, Piccolo spun the weapon, knocking Avion's attack aside. The hunter lunged forward, sending the butt of his weapon into Chassis's second sword. Their weapons bounced harmlessly off each other again. Piccolo pulled back quickly before the Black Sun operative could attack again. The hunter felt light and fast on his prosthetic legs. He circled Avion slowly.

"Not bad, but you need to be far more aggressive. It doesn't help much to feel out an opponents defenses if they're gutting you before you've finished."

As Trowa stood there he heard screams. They were like music to his ears. He moved towards the screams he couldn't help himself, he loved them so.

A smile crossed his face as he got closer. He passed a few SEED troops here and there. He arrived as close as he could get to the sound a short while later. He kicked back and stood by the wall, listening to the joyus sounds that were coming to his ears.

Carnage.jpg

*Geki smiles at the huge Wookiee Sith and inclines his head slightly.*

'Yes, Master Gantoris. Your help is appreciated, and soon we will shatter the Rebellion and their Jedi allies.'

*Geki speaks into his comm.*

'Prepare for battle. We depart for Coruscant shortly. Take the Jedi prisoner and nail her to the front of the Excalibur.'

*Shy-ree is torn from her cell roughly, and taken via shuttle to the Excalibur. She is placed in a space suit, and huge nails are driven through her wrists and ankles. The holes in the suit are then sealed against the vacuum, and she is taken outside and nailed to the hull of the Superweapon.

Repairs are complete upon the Super Star Destroyer, and the Empire and SEED are almost ready to wage war upon the usurped galactic capital...*

Geki1.jpg

http://www.themire.co.uk-- being a veracious and lurid account of the goings-on in the savage Mire and the sootblown alleys of Portstown's Rookery!

Trowa watched as a badly beaten young lady was dragged out of her cell and away. although he was sad that the screaming was over, he had other things to do.

He sent a comm to Geki.

This is Trowa Barton, I believe I for you now. What well you have me do for the time being?

He went off to find the mess hall and some well needed food. He grabbed something to eat and sat down at one of the many tables, waiting for the return comm...if there was one. He knew Geki was aa busy man, but if Trowa didn't find something to do soon he was going to go crazy.

Carnage.jpg

Trowa reciced his return comm

"'Mr. Barton. Are you perchance a competent pilot?"

He thought for a second before returning the comm

"I see myself to be quite a good pilot, that is only my opinoin though. If you want a truthful one, just ask your pilots. I was out there not to long ago with them and I am here to tell the tale."

Carnage.jpg

Avion felt like slapping himself in the face. He must have been fighting like a washed up bantha. He was easier to read than a holo display.

The Zabrak acted as if he was deep in thought but suddenly sprang at his opponent out of nowhere. Once he was a few feet away, he sprang to one side and felt his feet connect with the walls surrounding him. Pushing off the wall to add to his momentum, Avion directed a slash with his left blade towards Piccolo's neck.

Avion.jpg

"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them makes life meaningful."

-Joshua J Marine

'Mr Barton- help yourself to a TIE Defender from our hangars. We will be embarking upon our campaign very shortly.'

*The space around Ilum is a hive of activity as final war preparations are made. All fighters incapable of hyperspace travel return to their hangars, and those that are form up around the capital ships. It is a mighty fleet; the SSD Emperor's Fist, six ISD's, an Interdictor (now repaired), eight warships, and of course the indomitable Superweapon the Excalibur, the Jedi Shy-ree nailed to its hull. All ships have full complements of fighters.*

'All craft, head for the rendezvous point. Today we crush the Rebellion!'

*The fleet jumps to hyperspace.*

Geki1.jpg

http://www.themire.co.uk-- being a veracious and lurid account of the goings-on in the savage Mire and the sootblown alleys of Portstown's Rookery!

Piccolo brought up his arm and the blade struck his armor, sparking as it was deflected. The hunter reached out before Avion could move off, gripping the blade in his hand. His pike blocked Avion's movements with the other blade. As Piccolo gripped the sword, Avion realized it's extremely sharp edge was useless against his metallic palm, even without the armor. Piccolo pulled Avion towards him, hard, driving his foot into the operative's abdomen. There wasn't much force behind the attack, and Avion was only winded slightly as he fell to the ground.

"Those blades are good weapons against most opponents. Just know where to aim on your enemy. Even if you'd gotten past my defenses,"

Piccolo lifted up his helmet a little.

"I have a metal collar coated with cortosis. Jedi like to decapitate their victims, but it works well against swords too."

Avion had fought well, though. Piccolo knew the operative wasn't going all out or the fight would have been much more difficult. Piccolo was ready to continue when he received a comm from the Black Sun Captain. He turned to Avion and the rest of the troops,

"We'll continue this later. It seems the Empire has left, we are cleared to return to base. I'll take care of packing up here Avion, all you need to do is get word to Kabal of what we've found here. Tell him Ilum is relatively undefended, and that we may help the Empire against the Rebels very soon. Then meet me wherever I've taken the troops. Probably a location in deep space, I'll keep an encrypted line open so you can trace our movements. Go as quickly as you can, I may need you."

With that, the Black Sun packed up its samples, and returned to the transports. The ships made their way back to the Star Destroyer, and were soon in hyperspace.

• 2 weeks later...

Aryian's ship blasts out of hyperspace, landing at the site of the ruined Jedi temple.

It used to be a work of art, destroyed by those who hate knowledge and peace and crave power. Now, it was little more than a pile of crystal blue rubble, emanating with the light side of the force, hidden from those who would cause more harm to it.

Aryian stepped out of the ship, touching the other's mind with the force, unlocking his mind from the healing trance. Apart from a few spots of dried blood, the man would be totally healed and refreshed, also feeling a slight euphoric buzz as he awoke. Aryian sat on a large crystal boulder and waited.

((If you have to, read my post in the space thread, your armor and weapons are gone, and you're totally healed.))

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

Jacobi awoke, feeling like he had just gotten more than enough sleep, the first thing he noticed was the lack of his armor. He had his jump suit on, made from generic materials, but with an added detail that offered slight resistence to blaster fire, it had worse defense than a storm trooper's armor however. The jump suit was dwarfed by the Mandalorian that had been donned over it. His lips thinned considerably when he found that he could not find his weapons either. His close cropped blond hair stood freely, unbound by the helmet's protection. (Something else is different, my wounds!) He realized touching his forehead, all he found was crimson dust, no evidence remained of any conflict. He hoped his weapons were well kept, most importantly his armor, handed down to him from his uncle.

He stepped away from the ship's hull, his blue eyes scanning the environment, open crystal formations had been reduced to luminous rubble, his former opponent sat upon a nearby smoothed crystal boulder, the Jedi sat solemnly, drinking in the destruction that had occured here. Almost meditation, but yet not so.

Suluric walked up to within two meters of the Jedi Master, "What have you done with my armor?" he asked, somewhat irritated by the loss of his armor, he felt vulnerable. An emotion often felt by other Mandalorians who had been seperated from their armor.

For the glory of battle

Aryian looked up. The man was finally awake, and had come out of the ship.

"First answer me this, what is your armor for? Why do you have it? Then I will tell you where your armor is. Please do not be angry at me for this, this is only your first lesson, one of mentality."

Aryian remained sitting on the boulder, tapping into the light side force it had concealed within. It glowed a soft blue color under him, emitting a rather warm feeling to both individuals.

Blz1mwg.png

Suluric suppressed a laugh (What is my armor for!) He proceeded to answer the Jedi's question.

"My armor is an heirloom of my family, with it we have claimed honor and glory through strength of arms for hundreds of years. I need it for it is the power of our people." He spoke firmly and respectfully. The Jedi was superior to him, but he did not understand the Mandalorian ethics or beleifs.

For the glory of battle

Aryian suppressed a small chuckle when the man's thoughts betrayed themselves.

A thought entered his head, directions to the small compartment, as well as the combination for the keypad on it.

"You may retrieve your armor, but without understanding, it will not help you at all. It may help you physically in some ways, but it could be much more."

He paused, hopping off of the boulder, and lightly landed on the ground/rubble below, which was slightly glowing in spots with speckled blue. He unclipped his lightsabers, laying them off to the side, all four of them.

"What is honor and glory? What is power? Where do these things come from? Open your mind."

He walked a short distance towards him, head towards the ground, pondering.

"I suppose an adequate definition for honor is something that would put another in a good light, and glory, since it is only a synonym, would fall under that definition as well. But power. What is power? Common dictionaries define power as the ability to perform effectively, or the amount of force exerted upon something.

"This is all well and good, until you get to my final question, and this one is for all the credits. Where does power come from?"

Aryian paused again, looking up at him, expecting him either to answer or to retrieve his armor. He would be disappointed if the latter happened, for it would show an unwillingness to change and learn. That was part of his first test on Suluric.

Blz1mwg.png

Suluric paused midstride, a puzzled expression briefly crossed his face. (How is power determined by other races?) He consumed his pace to the ship, but gave his answer as he went. "Power is the ability to control, but make the right decision. One who uses his power drunkenly is nothing more than a pig, simply a strong pig. Power is also strength in combat and in character." He stopped and turned around, "As far as honor, Jedi are an almost perfect example, so what do you beleive? I say it's the slaying of enemies for a justifiable cause; Honor is that cause."

For the glory of battle

Suluric felt his legs seize up, he felt something probe his mind, telling his body what his mind refused. There was nothing he could do to break the Jedi's control, he was the master.

"You didn't answer my final question. The other questions were not nearly as important as that one. Where does power come from? The answer should be simple, if you have an open mind."

(What does he mean open mind?) He breathed in through his nostrils subtly, he closed his eyes and concentrated. This was a technique to calm rage and take notice of the advantages and disadvantages. Normally he would open his eyes by now, normally this was to clear his mind of anger; all he cleared was confusion. The Jedi watched him, anticipating a satisfying answer this time. He felt a prescence in most everything around him, (That may be the answer.... could power be in the force?)

"The Force....." He spoke almost subconciously, "Everything around us, the greatest power is within ourselves but it can only be tapped through the Force......"

For the glory of battle

The Jedi grinned slightly, amused. Naturally, if he did have an open mind, he would guess that, because Aryian indeed followed the force. The resistence that his legs felt suddenly vanished as he finally answered the question.

"No. But it was a good answer. The force is a power that can be tapped into, but it is not the source of power."

{will edit in about an hour-have to run to class}

Blz1mwg.png

((Bumping for Dacob...sorry pal, I forgot to edit, and have been waiting for you to post...Slam me...))

The Jedi grinned slightly, amused. Naturally, if he did have an open mind, he would guess that, because Aryian indeed followed the force. The resistence that his legs felt suddenly vanished as he finally answered the question.

"No. But it was a good answer. The force is a power that can be tapped into, but it is not the source of power. Power doesn't come from invisible energy fields or armor, but from within ourselves. Their power can assist our own, but that is all. It is as natural as the force or you or me. Knowing this, you may now spar with me."

Aryian waited for the man to get his armor.

Blz1mwg.png

Jacobi nodded. He proceeded to the compartment which contained his armor. He donned it and straightened his back, he held his helmet under his arm. Suluric slung his repeater over his other shoulder, simply as if it were another peice of his armor. He had no idea if he would use it in his training.

He walked out and stood in front of the Jedi, awaiting his second lesson.

For the glory of battle

OOC: Sorry it took me so long to post. Tech week really dominates your life

As Nom's ship landed on the Icy surface of Ilum, The Jedi Knight lept out of the pilots chair and headed towards his padawan.

He held two seperate boxes, one for himself and one for his padawan, each containing supplies for lightsaber construction.

"I want you to go out and find a cave that holds special crystals. You should be able to feel something through the Force once you've spotted one," Nom said as he handed one of the boxes to Bron. "Just trust in the Force and let it guide you, you'll be fine."

nom2.jpg

Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical

- Blaise Pascal

Suluric nodded to the Jedi and donned his helmet. He tensed and hunched hs back, ready to dodge, he then leveled his repeater, clicking it to a lower damage setting. He then assaulted his opponent with heavy blaster fire. (I must watch his stance, and keep my mind closed to any outside thoughts.) He tightened his grip on the now, and began shooting at every section of the Jedi from his feet to his neck. His mental reclusion might keep the force from affecting his mind.

For the glory of battle

Aryian's sabers were a blur as Suluric pulled the trigger, catching the bolts and slowly but surely focusing each bolt back to where it had come from. He became overconfident, and one of the stray bolts that had not been deflected well grazed his cheek, causing a large red streak of blood to erupt out.

Aryian instinctually shot left of the fire with force speed, in order to keep his concentration. The blaster bolts merely changed their firing trajectory, and Aryian was again in the line of fire as he moved his sabers with efficiency and speed. But there was something not right... He let the force flow into him, and it instantly became easier not only to move the sabers, but to see the incoming shots. The crystals around him began to glow brightly, and hum lowly under the sound of blaster fire.

And Aryian made a descision. He reached out with the force, jostling the gun, making the shots go wild just long enough for Aryian's lightning-fast form to dash up and hold a saber against the man's throat.

Aryian's other saber disignited and clipped itself onto his belt as his other hand gripped the blaster, which by an involuntary muscle twitch was clenched and still firing into the ground.

As soon as the man stopped firing, Aryian let the saber down.

"Now tell me why I beat you."

((And because I did it in a cheap one post duel shot is not an answer, lol...))

Blz1mwg.png