Ilum

RaveN

*SEED dropships hover outside the caves, keeping the distance too great for the grenaders to do any good, and moving so as to evade blaster fire. Their emplaced high rate-of-fire grenade launchers, .50 caliber chainguns and 7.62mm miniguns to eather side of the troop compartment fired upon the many rebels, mowing them down like weeds. many hundreds fall to the large-caliber slugs, a five foot wall of dead, along with the heavy ammunition kept them from providing reinforcements to the elites inside. Additional dropships, called from other caves, approach. Their troopers drop outside the entrance and file in, sticking to cover. SEED's Specialty, Shock troopers, taking point. The troops inside the cave fire at the weak spots on the armor. (Neck, joints etc, if those are armored, your troops cannot move effectively, to say nothing of using blade weapons.) As the Shock troopers arrive, they take cover and fire. Electricity crackles through the air and impacts the heavy armor of the elites. It arcs through the dense molecules of armor, rendering it nearly useless. The smell of cooking meat permiates the cave, and the screams of the fried men pierce the ears and demoralize the remaining 35 Elites. Following SEED's lead, the imps also start blasting the weak points.*

((OOC: I am leaving for a week, going to the star wars convention in Indiana.

Suluric: Take a ship and head for the ground. They need a Mandalorian there to kick some ass.

Trowa: mop up or go help ground forces, whatever you want.

Geki, you can post SEEDs actions, including Trith if you have a mind to.

If the hotel has internet access, All this will not matter, but I do not know if it does. Thanks everyone... It's been a good fight.))

Trith.jpg

"Initiate full evacuation!" Black yelled. The bridge still immaculate looking was no representation of what was going on with the ship levels below it.

Emergency evacuation signals were given for every being to get to their evacuation stations. The rendezvous point was already established as the self propelled pods would escape to the other side of the planet with amazingly high powered thrusters.

A small datapad flipped up on the councel near Black. He punched in his last few automated commands as the bridge crew cleared out and entered their pods. Rebel fighters were still able to swarm as they were much more effective and better piloted than the SEED and Imperial craft.

Blacks and his few elite guards made it to a pod quickly and jettisoned for a different destination than the rest of the pods. This pod was indeed a modified fighter unlike any ever seen before. It help the typical shape of an A-Wing, but was much larger, able to carry more than just one person. The thrusters were converted and scaled down from a rebel 'medium size transport'. The propulsion was amazing and manueverability kept it the same as a typical A-Wing of smaller size. The ship whisked away destined for regions unknown.

The Leviathan's main propulsions systems had been cut, but Black had learned from his previous endeavors with massive ships. Secret backup systems kicked in as the last beings scampered into their pods. Life support was fully cut from all parts of the ship and rerouted to the side of the massive ship opposite that of the Super Star Destroyer that it had now drifted dangerously close to

Sets of thrusters conceiled all along the ships side were revealed by large metals bulkheads coiling back up to themselves. Some of the thrusters did not work from the extensive hull damage and general malfunction, however in one burst of blue energy the hundred or so thrusters nudged the ship on an inevitable collision course for the SSD.

The ships look to collide slowly, but the point of impact sends shards of bulkhead from both ships streaming into the other ripping decks in half like pieces of paper. The SSD is badly damaged.....This was the last gasp of the alliance fleet which had been outnumbered in their attempt to help save the caves.

AdBlack.jpg

Aussie-American Connection Since June 04

"Never tell me the odds!"

Piccolo stood up, preparing to depart.

"Very well, you know the Black Sun will always be available to give you aid."

The hunter checked the reports coming in from the small Armada force.

"It seems the Empire is winning. I must return to my troops on the surface. Tell Geki if he finds out anything useful from those Jedi, I would appreciate him notifying me."

Piccolo moved to the hanger, and took his Firespray back to the surface of Ilum. He awaited Avion's report.

------------------------------------------

The Black Sun Captain ordered the A-wings to finish off the remaining fighters. As he stood on deck of the flagship, he could clearly see the large ships collide into each other.

"Move in, and see if we can't help evacuate any survivors."

As they closed in, he could see the damage was severe.

OOC: I hate to say it, but this is BS. I post yesterday then get on today and not only is my fleet decimated, but the Empire is left with over 50% of their fleet despite the Alliance having the tactical advantage???

I know I can't change the result of the battle, but I think the Admiral of the Alliance fleet should get more than one battle post... I can only get on every so often.

IC: Safe within an escape pod, Onderin wondered what had gone wrong. There was so much he would do differently if he was to fight the battle again.

The escape pod was outfitted with a hyperdrive, and the Jedi Knight utilized it to send himself off towards Coruscant, a capital that would possibly be under the thread of attack sooner than was comfortable.

--------------------------------

Meanwhile, two MC90a Starcruisers remained in tact ((read carefully)). Their captains knew that the battle was lost, but that they could still get out alive, if they tried hard enough. It was possible, though unlikely.

One of them was daring and unstoppable Captain Billard of the Dauntless. The other was Captain Tynd of the Justice. Both were determined to see day on Coruscant again. Both would succeed or die trying.

The Empire would not get away with what they did here, they knew. They only hoped that they would live to see the battle in which Admiral Starlisk crushed the Empire once and for all. That day would come--they had no doubt of this.

"Put all power to engines and forward turbolasers," Captain Billard ordered, leaving a comm channel to Captain Tynd open so the two could communicate with ease. Soon the Justice followed suit. They would disregard their shields and escape.

The only thing in the way was that Interdictor cruiser. That's where they headed. The blockade forming around it was not yet complete, and they could just get enough speed to clear it in time.

And sure enough they did. The Interdictor and its bulbous gravity well projectors grew in their viewports and both captains simultaneously gave the order to open fire with all forward turbolasers, which were boosted to twice their original power due to the energy shunt.

In mere seconds the ship's shields failed and the gravity well generators were destroyed. "Gravity well cleared, sir," a lieutnant called triumphantly.

"To Coruscant!" Captain Tynd practically yelled, anticipation and relief kicking in and filling his body with adrenaline.

Starlines appeared, warped and stretched images of the starpoints of moments past, and both cruisers entered the safety of hyperspace, each one shieldless and suffering from a dozen hull punctures that were being stabalized with efficiency.

3C12kbA.png

There is nothing good in war. There is good in why we fight them.

*On the bridge of the Emperor's Fist, only Geki keeps his feet as the remnants of the Leviathan slam into the SSD. Damage is massive throughout the craft, but not irreparable. As the pathetic remnants of the Rebel fleet manage to take out the Gravity Wells and jump to hyperspace, Geki orders extensive repairs to begin immediately.*

'All Bombers, initiate sorties on the Rebel Frigate on the far side.'

*The Bombers change course at once and begin to slingshot around the planet, using its gravity shadow to speed the process. Two Imperial Star Destroyers are also despatched; the Frigate is doomed.

All lifepods are either captured still in space, or their survivors apprehended on the surface as thousands of stormtroopers are sent down to detain them.

On the bridge of his flagship, Geki smiles. It is not a pleasant sight.*

Geki1.jpg

http://www.themire.co.uk-- being a veracious and lurid account of the goings-on in the savage Mire and the sootblown alleys of Portstown's Rookery!

"Yes sir."

Trowa turned his ship around and headed to the main battle area.

He say two E-webs on the ground. He flew in low and blasted one away, the soldier that was on it flew off to the side dead.

Trowa made another pass layering the ground with his weapon. He made repeated pass's, being careful not to go too low or too close to any enamys.

Carnage.jpg

As news reached his ears of the retreating space forces, Suluric gathered his jet pack and rocketed through space towards Havoc's Folly. He entered through a docking bay and rushed to the storage space and collected his weapons, he gathered fifty SEED environmental Commandoes. He led them to a gunship docked in the hanger.

As Suluric finished a headcount, the pilot guided the ship into space and down to the planet's surface. The pilot hovered over the top of the caves and blasted away rock and limestone, forming an effective hole to drop into. Suluric and four Commandoes rapelled down into the cave, sweeping the passage for any Alliance troops, everything was clear. All the Commandoes lowered themselves into the cavern and spread out in teams of five. Suluric accompanied a special team of ten. His hunt for the Rebels was beginning.

For the glory of battle

As Remant'e continued his climb up through the rocks, he glanced upwards, only to have his vision met by explosions, and the thin streaks of light that were escape pods. Calling a halt to the climb for a moment, he hailed for any rebel ships to respond to him. When after a few moments, there was nothing, he commed all rebel forces to make an attempt at the caves.

Electricity flying around them, the elites moved back down the cliffs, still staying in cover the whole time, but making a rougher job of it. By the time they made it down to the caves, there were only 20 of the elites left, along with about 2000 of the rebel troops. With grenadiers and well trained rebel troops covering their backs, the elites fought their way into the caves, and took cover. Snipers were stationed well back in the caves, and grenadiers positioned so as to be in cover, and still be able to fire out of the caves.

The Elites moved back through the caves, searching for a way out for the troops, an opening or perhaps just a deeper tunnel. Remant'e stayed with the main core of rebel soldiers, fighting along side them.

He ordered a few soldiers to take some of the grenadiers ammo, and start wiring it together into makeshift demo-charges. The charges were placed carefully, destroying any nearby entraces to the rebel position, leaving only the tunnels that ran deeper into the caves.

Nahstaa-1.jpg

Reverend of the Lords of Hate sep' 05, Destroyer of armies.

Avion sent a comm to Piccolo as he oversaw many of the BC operatives gathering many of the various crystals found in the small cave they were currently working/hiding in.

"We have collected serveral crystals of different colors. It should be a sufficient amount for our techs to tinker with when we get back. We are finished here, where do you want us?"

Avion.jpg

"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them makes life meaningful."

-Joshua J Marine

Trowa saw a small troop transport land. He normally would have landed to help them out but he was given his orders and he knew that bombing would commence soon enough.

They would surly die if they stayed down there.

He smirked, "They better hope someone tells them about the bombing that is soon to commence. Trowa fired at a few soldiers who lagged behind before heading into orbit.

Carnage.jpg

Commandoe teams plant mines and lay down supressing fire as Rebel troopers realize their position, several Commandoes are overrun by Rebels. The mines explode caving in many tunnels that Rebels were holding. All Rebels are trapped to wait for the orbital strikes.

"Commandoes we're pulling out." Suluric barks out sharply as the SEED soldiers load into the gunship. After a headcount of all the survivng Commandoes is taken the gunship returns to Havoc's Folly.

OOC: If you got a miracle down there nows the best time.

For the glory of battle

((you cant make two attack posts, against me. Im sorry, i think that thing is null. Pull in a mod if you want, but you didnt give me a chance to respond to your attack. im going to go on as if you hadnt posted that last post.))

The rebels continued laying down fire, still in cover, taking the odd casualty from the spread out fire that was being sent their way by the thin spread of troops. Although the rebels were laying down massive amounts of fire, the only effective way they had of killing off the guerillas was with grenade launchers. The blaster fire only served to keep their enemies heads down.

Nahstaa-1.jpg

OOC:Sorry about that. I agree, that post is nullified.

IC:

Commandoes begin taking heavy fire. Suluric orders suppressing fire, giving time for a team of Commandoes to plant mines to make a hasty escape before the bombardment begins. The mines explode, caving in several tunnels but opening two smaller paths.(That's to make up for the dbl attack) Suluric barked down at his men "Hurry up, I don't want to spend another minute on this rock!" The Commandoes loaded themselves in, Suluric counted thirty soldiers out of the fifty. The gunship blasted out of the atmosphere into the awaiting fleet.

For the glory of battle

Having noticed the severe lack of troops, remant'e realised what was about to happen. He commed for a transport to be flown down from the small ship that had brought them here, and hadnt yet been attacked by anyone. As soon as he had done that, he rousted the troops, and started passing on the word that they were in for some big trouble, to get out of the caves, and to follow him. With that, he jumped out through a small opening, and started helping people out.

Once there were enough people on the outside to help people on the inside, he started telling people to run as far from the caves as they could, and pointed the way to where the transport would land. After a while, he decided that he should move, or he would be killed himself, and that would be no aid to the rebellion. Running as fast as he could, and aided by his suits hydrolic movement, Remant'e quickly caught up with the leaders of the escape team, running as quickly as they could to get away from the bombardment zone, and to a transport.

After a few minutes of running, they found the transport, and began to load people on. He wanted to save as many lives as he could, but he wouldnt be able to save everyones lives today.

Back at the caves, infighting broke out as the troops realised they were going to die, and started fighting to get their way out. The exits were blocked when one man let off a thermal detonator, vaporizing the rocks that supported the small exit. The caves came crashing down on the remaining survivors, killing everyone inside. Remant'e continued loading on everyone that had made it out, waiting for everyone to get to the transport.

Nahstaa-1.jpg

As Remant'e and the Rebels load up into the transport the bombing commences. The transport leaves just in time as the caves are reduced to rubble. The transport makes it into space. Suluric yells into the comm frequency," Take that thing out now!" he calculated quickly," Interceptor and bomber squads, converge on that point!" It was to late however the transport slipped into hyperspace and vanished.

Suluric swore he thought they had them. It was time to enjoy the victory however. Heading back to Havoc's Folly he and his men cut loose in the barracks drinking fine ales (staying sober of course .)

OOC: To everybody who wanted to see them get blown up, sorry, I just figured they fought to well to just get blown up in some little dirty cave.

For the glory of battle

Trowa saw the Transport jump to hyperspace. He swore. He drifted in space. Thinking pondering.

He crossed his arms on his chest. He wanted to see the troops die. He wanted them all to die as they ran from teh bombers who didn't relize that thier own troops were still there.

"They all should have died. I should have stayed to make sure. They are just soliders. As am I. Our death is nothing in a battle. Just another explosion for others to enjoy.

He slowly piloted his ship back to the ship that he saw the other transport dock with. He got out of his ship and headed out of the hanger.

He approached what looked to be an officer. "I need to talk to someone in charge. My name is Trowa Barton."

the man headed off in another direction to inform one of his superoirs of the man. Trowa leaned back aganst the wall and brushed his hair to the side.

Carnage.jpg

(OOC: The Rebel Frigate hasn't posted leaving so I'm going to assume that it's still there.)

IC: *TIE Bombers finally round the planet and pour proton torpedoes onto the Frigate. sublight engines are shattered in the attack, and the Bombers break off and peel around for another attack.

Behind them, several ISD's and SEED Warships round the planet and head for the Frigate's position...*

Geki1.jpg

http://www.themire.co.uk-- being a veracious and lurid account of the goings-on in the savage Mire and the sootblown alleys of Portstown's Rookery!

Piccolo rode his speeder bike to Avion's location. He entered the Black Sun encampment.

"We will get further orders from Kabal soon. I expect they will involve a great deal of action for you and our forces here. But we'll have to wait for confirmation from Mr. Daisaku."

He examined one of the crystals, crushing it to dust in his mechanical palm.

"You may want to work on training the troops a bit. We could even spar if you wish."

Gantoris exits hyperspace near Ilum. He masks his presence as he still senses that something an enemy is or was there. Unsure he quickly opens his comm link and contacts Geki.

I have arrived Jidai, it appears you and I are among the only ones left that hold any true power in this galaxy. Allow me to meet with you, we have a few things to discuss.

homealone.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since November 2001.]

Member of the Four Horsemen

The League of Shadows

(OOC: Since nobody posted the actions of that frigate, I'll assume it's gone or destroyed.)

*After several ISD's have conducted an orbital bombardment on the remaining Rebels' location, they are completely wiped out. All captured personnel are transferred to the brigs of the capital ships.

Geki comms the brig warden of the SSD.*

'Warden, kindly remove one of our Jedi captor's ears and have it sent to Admiral Starlisk, compliments of the Empire.'

*The ear is duly removed from Shy-ree, still being tortured in the brig and devoid of the Force, and sent to Coruscant in a parcel with a note and a holographic picture of the terrified Jedi.

Geki takes account of the fleet; two ISD's destroyed, five remaining plus the SEED flagship, the Interdictor damaged but being repaired, the SSD undergoing extensive repairs which were 50% complete now, the Superweapon untouched, minimal damage to all snub fighter squadrons, and SEED's eight warships, some of them damaged but not badly.

He comms Gantoris.*

'Master Gantoris, please board the flagship. I'll have an honour guard meet you and conduct you to the bridge.'

Geki1.jpg

Avion smiled as he pulled his twin vibroblades out in front of him. It had been a while since he had engaged anyone in combat. Shooting unsespecting Jedi padawans in the back wasn't his idea of a good work out.

"I say we spar, give the troops a chance to see a fight first hand."

Avion.jpg

"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them makes life meaningful."

-Joshua J Marine

BC's ship boarded quickly. He made his way to the rear of his ship and put his black Sith robe on. As he exited he grinned and whispered to himself.

I love when can sense torture and pure evil.

Looking to the honor guard Gantoris nodded.

Take me to Geki...

homealone.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since November 2001.]

Member of the Four Horsemen

The League of Shadows