Ilum

RaveN

Get the one that seems to be calling to you...

With a nod of determination, Silla set out, her feet crunching in the snow as she walked. Her face was numb with cold already, and the icy wind pierced the thick clothing Darsha had given her as if they were nothing.

The howling of the wind silenced some as she entered the cave, and her footsteps echoed. She could make out the faint resonation of the crystals around her and held out her hand behind her to silence the twittering of the stubborn droid who had refused to let her go alone. It seemed somehow irreverent to disturb the peace of this place.

For a while she stood, merely listening...but listening with more than her ears. The Force flowed strong here, filling her awareness with the powerful resonance of the crystals. Each one pulsed, alive in the walls of the cave. Then, finally, she drew a breath, reaching out to rest her hand on the wall in front of her.

The rumble started in the back of her mind, words unrecognizable, but the voice...the voice had been her comfort and strength for as far back as she could remember...

A Calladann... it whispered. The girl is a Calladann...a Calladann...my blood flows in her veins...

"I don't care!" Silla said, pulling her hand violently back. Speck squawked in alarm, shooting forward. He hit Silla's leg, knocking her forward into the wall. Silla caught herself on her hands, but the sharp stone walls tore the flesh of her palms. Knocked off balance, she slid to the ground, leaving a coppery scented trail of blood from each hand.

Another voice spoke then, one she would have expected to be soft, gentle and caring. But the woman spoke stridently, angrily-- You left her--you left my granddaughter!

"No," Silla shook her head urgently, as a small shower of earth and stone struck her body. "I'm here, Grandma!"

But the voices had faded...receding back into the cave itself and dissipating. Silla closed her eyes, feeling tears prick her lids. Her hand stretched out of its own accord, drawn to one of the crystals on the ground beside her. Her fingers closed around it and she smiled.

"Let's go, Speck," she said purposefully, pushing herself to her feet. They started out, the droid twittering his usual recriminations for her clumsiness and asking if her hands were all right. "I'm fine," Silla shook her head fondly. "Wait."

Impulsively, Silla turned back, gathering the other fallen crystals into the pouch on her belt. In the same way it had seemed wrong to speak here, it seemed wrong to leave the discarded crystals in the dirt.

Once she had them, she pulled her robes tighter around her and hurried back to the Nameless, scrambling inside.

"I've finished, Master," she said quietly, waiting for Darsha's attention.

silla45lf.jpg

(( Yuusou I'll just take it that you got yours too.))

Darsha smiled at her padawans. "Good. Now, I've hidden the other parts needed for constructing a lightsber on this ship, in places where they might not be usually found. Find them and construct you lightsaber. Take your time."

((Invent the places yourself and be creative. Space thread. ))

ilikegreenguyscopy.jpg

Darsha Assant turned dark at 2734 posts.

Yue came out of hyper space and landed. He changed into his warmer clothes and exited the ship. He went to the caves and grabbed another green cystal. He was reminded of the fact that the sith who took his life has his light saber and fathers light saber cystal. He left the cave and returned to his ship. After he had construced his new light saber he blasted off the planet back into hyper space.

Life is only wasted by those who would waste it.

I was going to put a nice wonderful little sig here but I lost the code.

Crash Wildfire landed on the snowy landscape of the foreboding planet Ilum, an icy wasteland holding glittering treasures within its shadows. Zane exited the ship wearing his favorite azure outfit with the green edging, and a thermal cape over his shoulders. He headed on into a closeby cave, focusing his mind on a random variety of things, nothing that would allow the Dark Side to penetrate him as thouroughly as the last time he visited Ilum.

He searched for unique crystals, anything that wasn't as average as "GREEN" or "BLUE". He liked the Teal one he had before, that was quite beautiful. However, there was no such thing as too much variety. There were a few yellow crystals around he left, and an orange one which he gleefully snatched. Another teal one, an unusually dark blue one, and finally a crystal that possessed no particular color, a very rough one a little bigger than his thumb. The tremors from this crystal didn't feel like anything he had heard of before.

Once everything was pocketed, Zane headed into his ship and headed back into space.

zane35aw.jpg

Sig courtesy of Kayla Mhin, Ex-Jnetter

"I find your lack of pants disturbing"

you're the only one for me, Zane

Zane, ...you blow my...mind

Scorp gave his x-wing a roll as the icy planet loomed in front of him. It reminded him of a jewel hanging on an invisible thread. He suddenly had to ease up on his throttle in order to keep the sudden heat shield that had formed from cooking him alive. He had long ago modified his x-wing by reducing the g forces the rocket through the cockpit. As a result he could fly it with out a flight suit and his only side effect was a feeling of displaced weight.

As the x-wing gently touched ground he popped the hatch and was hit by a frigid burst of cool air. Giving a sigh and watching his breath appear before him he wrapped his cloak around him and wished he had dressed better for such a trip. Tattoine had been so different.

Scorp could feel much sadness resonate through out the planet perhaps fellow Jedi had been slain near the very area he himself was currently occupying. Not dwelling on for to long he quickly made his way into a cave. He could see that many crystals had been harvested as of late and made a note that the scared lands should be under Jedi guard.

He proceeded deeper into the cave feeling the force flow through him as easily and as naturally as a fish could move water through it's gills. Suddenly he was hit by a dark presence and before he knew it his mind was assaulted with images of pain and death. Scorp was at first overwhelmed by the assault of the images but he quickly regained his senses and calmed himself. And as soon he himself had found his peace it began to spread around him until he could feel the dark presence receding until it seemed to be no more. A deep peace, instead filled the area and it brought a smile to his face before he continued forward.

As he progressed deeper into the cave he could soon feel a presence that seemed to connect with himself. He followed the felling until he came to a crystal that seemed to have a force presence. His hand shot out and he tugged at the crystal that seemed to some how respond to him just being there. Before he suddenly calmed himself and shook it loose with the force. It felt warm in his hand and Scorp felt a kind of peace from the crystal.

He placed it in his pocket and continued through the cave until he found his trademark crystal which was a nice cyan color.

Then placing his lightsaber building items on the ground he began to construct himself a new lightsaber after taking apart his emergency lightsaber. After many hours of him working on his tool lost in the flow and ebb of the force he placed in the two crystals before sealing his saber shut. Using the force to amplify the lightsaber's capabilities as well as seal the lightsaber at a level that a non force user could never do.

Scorp then stood up and shook some ice that formed on his robes. He found it interesting that despite the fact he was so deep in the cave ice had still been able to form on his person. He ignited one end of his saber and watched the cyan blade erupted from his saber with a snap his. Then he ignited the second end. Satisfied he messed with the knob that controlled the length of the saber. His double bladed dual phase saber was complete. He felt peace with his lightsaber and after running through a quick kata the lightsaber felt as if it was an old friend of his or perhaps an extension of his body.

Moments later he left the cave and returned to his x-wing. For some reason the force told him he needed to stay a little longer. He knew not the reason however was a student of the force and as such would listen. Scorp placed his saber in his belt and returned to the cave. After a quick look around he decided he might as well start to tending to the ancient scared grounds. As he waited for the force to show him what it wished he tended to the crystals making sure there would be enough for the next generation of Jedi.

Scorp.jpg

Well, you could always just post something like "OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

Zane landed, and with a spring in his step left his ship. His mind was stretching out in a thousand ways at once, his excitement was apparent in his grin, and his stance.

He looked over and watched Scorp enter a Crystal Cave, and something about that man's presence set something going in his senses. He was getting closer, he could feel it.

He followed into the cave after the more advanced Jedi, submitting his consciousness to the Force's will.

zane35aw.jpg

The Canine steadily drifted to the dirt, sending up debris as she went. The thrusters allowed the Canine to make a soft landing.

Inside, Var stood up from his post at the controls, and stretched. It'd been a long flight.

After the stretch was complete, Var roamed the ship in search of Jaden. Then an ironic thought came to his mind: I'm a blind man, searching for something.

"Jaden!" he yelled, the words echoing throughout the interior.

The apprentice ran out to meet Var, and together, they exited the ship. Var notioned for both of them to sit on a log.

He turned towards his apprentice, and smiled.

"It seemed like so long ago that I was just here myself, in search of a crystal to build what seemed like the impossible: the weapon of a Jedi. It is a lightsaber I speak of. The most elegant weapon in the galaxy."

Var took a deep breath, and continued to speak. "This is one of the most difficult tasks you will ever come across. Unfortunately I cannnot help you; only you can do what must be done. You will know as well. Here, on this planet, lies the secrets of the Jedi: their crystals. It is the heart of all lightsabers. I know send you to find yours. When you return, you will craft a saber, your very own creation based off of your beliefs. Do you have any questions?"

Var took several deep breaths, happy that his apprentice was already so far in his training.

Scorp felt Zane's approch even efore he landed his ship. He briefly wondered if this what the force had been calling him for. He pushed the thought back and continued into the cave. After many ways he came acros a large body of water.

Turning around he looked Zane in the eye before he spoke.

"I am sorry for causing your death. My only hope is that you gained something out of the experience."

Scorp.jpg

Zane grinned and waved off Scorp's seriousness. "Oh think nothing of it Master Ession, I'm all fine and good. In fact...maybe you would be the right person to talk to about this."

Zane scratched the back of his head. "When I left the mortal coil, I saw a vision. I saw within my own mindscape. I feel I understand the Force better now, how it truly works, what my real relationship to it is and should be. I did learn something, a lot actually, in my time beyond this realm.

"The Force drew me here, Master Ession, I had a snap premonition of...something. I feel that my purpose here is great, one that leads me a different way than any Jedi before me.

"Hah hah, this sounds weird or braggart-y doesn't it?"

zane35aw.jpg

Scorp looked at Zane.

"No not really perhaps you are the first Jedi in a while to see the Force out side of the box that the rest of his Jedi view the force from."

Scorp paused, "but why tell me this and not your Master Padawan Zane?"

Scorp.jpg

Zane's eyes diverted from the more advanced Jedi's gaze. "I would, but I haven't seen him in awhile. He went to be with his wife, last time I checked. Sweet thing she is, they deserve each other. I don't think it's wise for me to bother him haha, considering what he did to the last person who bothered him when they were in the middle of a moment.." He laughed in hindsight, despite how close to garbage he felt inside when he thought of that scene.

"I..." Zane shook himself loose from his distant sideways gaze. "'M just thinking about the last time he and I talked about anything deep. He praised me, and said I would be instrumental in changing the Jedi Order, that I would become a great Master. He said that if I saw a problem, that I should take care of it myself, not wait for other people...

"It's not, like, bad to doubt, right? I've been taught conviction is the path to enlightenment but the more I think...

"Ahah. I'm talking too much again. I apologize, Master Ession, I tend to go off on people who don't particularly want to hear my silly-ness."

zane35aw.jpg

Jaden had only one main question to ask avararda," Master is there any sith here on this planet cause i know that sith have the need for crystals as well and also is there any animals or monsters here on the planet?"

As Jaden waited to be answered he made sure his thermal detenators were with him and placed his blaster rifle at his side.

jadencopy.gif

"I killed them. I killed them all. They're dead, every single one of them. And not just the men, but the women and the children, too! They're like animals, and I slaughtered them like animals! I hate them! "

Var shook his head. "There are no Sith. You and I, we'd be able to sense them. Feel inside yourself, do you sense anything?"

Var sent a Force-pulse about, and sensed that Jaden was preparing weapons.

"You won't be needing those," he said, using the Force to take Jaden's weapons. "If there are creatures, and there may be, you should practice using the Force. If you you insist on using these primitive weapons," he said, motioning towards the detonators and blasters, "then you will find your Force capabilities diminishing rapidly."

"No please continue" Scorp gestered him to a rock as he himself took a seat.

"Just what is it that you are doubting."

Scor's eyes narrowed into slits as he felt the prescenes of the new arrivals however they were far enough away to not bother him.

"Something tells me you feel that something with in the Jedi order is broken."

Scorp.jpg

Zane took himself a seat on the offered rock. "Not to put too find a point on it, but I doubt that we can hold ourselves together much longer, the way we are now. I've sensed...so much conflict recently, amongst the Jedi ranks. I've seen it, in person. It shocks the living hell out of me, that we're attacking each other, competing with each other for scraps of power within the Order, and that's not what the Jedi are about, is it? Aren't we supposed to be peacekeepers? Aren't we supposed to change for the better, become beyond our natural limits, then using that skill to help people?

"I...I just don't feel I've helped anyone, really. I've tried. I feel I helped my master to an extent, I feel I've helped some people, but not enough to my liking.

"I became a Jedi because it was a noble and just cause. I want to be part of a just cause, Master Ession, and I'm not sure if I am at the moment. I feel though, that if I could do what my Master said I have it in me to do, then that would be a just cause. I feel that my just cause will be to help the Jedi Order become what it can and should be.

"I tend to be a bit of an idealist, maybe, but compared to the alternative, I have to do something. Sitting by while we eat ourselves away, no, I can't do that. Something can be done about our Order."

zane35aw.jpg

Scorp listened and noted something he could gloat about later if it hadn't been benieth him to gloat.

"Interesting, there are many dangers in this line of thinking. I feel that we are not yet ready for such a discussion. Meet with me after your trials. If you pass I will know if you are ready."

Scorp paused

"just know you are not the first to think these things."

Scorp.jpg

Zane knowingly grinned. "I will keep that in mind Master Ession, thanks a lot for listening to my heretical thoughts; it's a pain in the rump trying to keep it inside, y'know? When I start talkin' it's sometime's hard to get me to shut up, but I will prove myself any way necessary if it means doing the right thing by the Jedi Order.

"I've been very eager to get Knighted. I've been sort of looking for the leader of the Jedi for awhile now, but it seems she hides.

zane35aw.jpg

Zane couldn't help but laugh. "That sounds delightful, I'm sure. If you would, I'd gladly go back to the relative security of the Jedi Temple. Perhaps you can impart some wisdom on the trip there?"

zane35aw.jpg

Jaden understood what his master was saying and let his master take his weapons freely. Jaden said "thank-you master" and made his way off. Jaden saw other people around and saw them prowling around obviously for some crystals. Jaden decided that if he had the chance he would try to find two similar or identical crystals so he could make two lightsabers. Jaden thought of this as for some reason he could sense the crystals he wanted. He didnt know why put he could just see them in his mind.

Jaden kept on walking and then finally found what he was looking for. A entrance to a cave appeared in front of him and Jaden made his way inside to take a look. He then finally came to where some crystals were and Jaden was overwhelmed. Just as Jaden made his way to begin to retrieve the crystals. A weird type of creature appeared. At first this freaked Jaden out but then Jaden remained calm and gently lifted the monster up and keep him at bay while he finally obtained the crystals.

Finally he dropped the creature down softly and began to leave the cave. But just before he got to the entrance the creature ran towards him. Jaden laughed and said" Your a funny one aren't you" and with that patted the animal on the head. Jaden then asked if he could get a ride with him. And thus Jaden was on his way back to his master.

Finally he and the animal arrived in front of his master's ship.

jadencopy.gif

"I killed them. I killed them all. They're dead, every single one of them. And not just the men, but the women and the children, too! They're like animals, and I slaughtered them like animals! I hate them! "

Var sensed his apprentice returning, but not alone. The beast he rode atop had obviously been calmed via the Force. Var smiled at his apprentice's ingenuity (sp).

"Good! Most excellent, I'm proud. If you don't mind, can I see your crystals?" The two crystals, both blue, had a feeling Var could almost touch, but not quite.

Must be the connection between us, he thought.

Var handed the crystals back and stood up.

"Now comes the fun part," he said with a laugh. "Inside my ship, you'll find the components for a lightsaber. Take your time when building it, as your lightsaber will soon become your saving-grace."

Var followed his apprentice up to the ship, giving advice where need be.

With a blink of motion too fast to catch with the untrained eye, a Lambda-class shuttle bearing Alliance markings pulled itself through the dimensional barrier seperating hyperspace and real space. Its three wings extended, it began to descend on the icy planet of Ilum, its intent obvious.

Aboard were Jedi Knight and Admiral Onderin Starlisk as well as his apprentice, Alliance Flight Officer Sabian Devanus. They were here for the construction of the latter's lightsaber, the beginning of a much longer and more complicated path than the training that had already been completed.

For now came application.

The formerly-Imperial shuttle set down in a few feet of snow and Onderin shut down all but the emergency systems. He turned to his apprentice. "Here you will make your lightsaber," he said. "As I may have told you before, a lightsaber is connected to the Force through its crystals and the Jedi who weilds it. This weapon will be an extention of your body, and it is the symbol, the identifying characteristic of Jedi in the galaxy. This weapon will be your life, so make it well.

"You will find the necessary crystals in the caves in those mountains," Onderin pointed. "Beware--there are gorgonoths and other creatures inhabiting those caves, and they can be quite dangerous. The rest of the parts you will need I have here. Use your training lightsaber as a model--it is generally the same."

Handing the parts he had gathered from the hangar storage to Sabian, Onderin sat down and waited.

OOC: Like I said--three long posts. I'd like to get them all in today if possible.

3C12kbA.png

There is nothing good in war. There is good in why we fight them.

OOC: You got it, boss.

- As the Lambda-class shuttle began to descend on the planet, the young man could hardly believe his own eyes by the sight of it. It was almost something out of a old forgotten tale, the majestic beauty of snow and ice blanketing the rough terrian underneath. Thick, powdery snow blew freely in the wind, picked up either from the ground or down from the light skies above. A certain squeeze, and a release of pressure, the two down-angled wings of the space craft landed gently upon Ilum's surface. -

- There was an eager sense inside him, pounding at the chest over every word Onderin spoke. At the same time, there was also a certain nervousness that dwelled in the pit of his stomache, a flustered feeling amoungst the excitement. The thought of failure and disappointment stretched across his mind for a moment, echoing through him in the words of.. -

Am I ready? ..Am I strong enough? ..Will I fail him ag--

- Immediatly, the young man centered himself and purged the thoughts, pushing them outwards to clear his mind. There was no sense in having that mind set, not everything he had been through. He had learned the cost of fear and envy, learned that they could control him to do things he normally would not be set upon doing, and went against everything he had said and worked for. -

Nonesense, I'm going to go in there and trust myself with the knowledge that I have gained and make him proud.

- The pale facial expressions shown as he doubted himself soon turned back into full flushed color in his face. Sabian would even crack a smile, stretch his back out from the chair he sat upon, and move either arms behind his head softly. Closing his eyes, he spoke in a mild mannered tone out towards Onderin, the words seeming to pour out from his own pure soul.. -

"You need not worry for me.. What lies there is mine to face alone. With the knowledge you have shown me, matched with the strong will in my abilities and the Force, I will not let you down again.."

- He would speak those words as he got up from his seat, moving slowly over towards the other side of the ship where there was a suit hung upon a small hung rack. Onderin had told him on the flight over about the planet, and that he'd need to change into the suits he prepared for the journey on it. Strapping the body suit in, legs first and zipping up to the arms; he'd strap the hood over his head and wrap a wool scarf around the lower portion of his head, covering the top of his nose and all of his mouth. -

"..I promise."

- Sabian moved his hands behind the scarf after he turned his head to face his Master and speak those last words with the same confidence as before. Either hand twisted over the back of the woolen strap, tightening it enough so that he could breathe but also stay warm. Moving himself towards the side of the craft, he waved one large gloved hands over the controls to the side of the door, releasing the mechanism that kept the door air tight and locked to open out before him. -

- With a giant leap, he extended his right boot outwards onto the surface, touching down with a bit of recoil serging throughout his body. Even underneath the many patterns of clothing the young man dressed, the cold still seemed to pierce through his fragile body, harsh winds even pushing him slightly in the direction from which they came from. -

- Closing his eyes and lowering his head, Sabian marched forward with his arms tucked under either armpit, those long legs leaping over the mounds of ice and rock below him towards the direction of the mountain. He thought inside him during the whole trip there.. -

It's just a matter of time now..

- That thought seemed to warm him out, no matter how cold the weather was outside, even though the cold truth may still be lerking in the bitter winds that surronded him.. -

Onderin waited solemnly. He did not altogether like it that his apprentice was seeking to please him, but he figured that it wouldn't hurt all that much. Eventually, however, the apprentice would become a Jedi Knight and not have someone to please, and then he would not have that driving force.

But the Admiral knew that, as Sabian grew to trust his own abilities further, he would rely less and less on that focus and more on the Force alone. For the Force, unlike a limited physical being, would never leave a Jedi, and it would always be there to rely on.

OOC: I'm going to keep these short. This time is for you.

3C12kbA.png

- Each step seemed to take a decade of time. To properly place each foot over the ground without losing balance in the fierce tremors of the wind, he had to slide each foot across without being blown over; even when a couples times it seemed he almost was. The teele blue mountain that fascaded before him in the background over his steps stood amoungst the rocky plains like a sore thumb. He wasn't worried about losing his direction at this point, it was a matter of getting there that was the problem. -

Geez.. This is almost too much. How can a planet with such beauty from above be so harsh below?

- The sigh he let out from clenched lips drew out from the woolen cloth that covered his mouth, growing in a pillaring white smoke before his face and dispersing into the air. There seemed to be nothing he could to improve the situation until a mild thought triggered inside his mind, a calm relaxing thought that when dwelling upon it, brought himself back with the powers that surronded the planet. It was no doubt the Force calling to him in times of need, as it usually seemed to work it's way to him. -

- Letting it enter inside his very being, filling himself up with it's gentle presence, the young man felt anchored in the ground. Harnessing it's powers, and letting it harness himself at the same time, he was guided with each passing step closer towards the mountain. -

- After what should have been aday long struggle, turned thirty minute journey from the landing site of the space craft to the side of the mountain, Sabian stood before the large structure now, mere feet away. There was a simple majestic beauty about it that, if the conditions were any better, he could stand there gazing upon it's snowy face all day. But, the weather seemed to pierce through him, wakening him to reality to move furthur. He had not been used to this cold in any form, so it was quite a shock for him to be matched with it in such a high degree. -

- Guided by his feelings and trust in the Force with each passing step, the young man reached around the rocky walls of the mountain top to find a grove that seemed to be almost etched into the side of it. It was wide enough to notice with the naked eye on a clear day, but the passing winds and ice seemed to cloud everything. It was only his will that led him to it and he pressed on to enter it. As either foot stepped inside the cave, there was almost an immediate sense of release; both mentally and physically with the temperature difference. -

I can't believe it.. I made it. Whew, it is so much warmer then I thought..

- ..even as much to quickly unwrap that woolen scraf over the side of his head and place it inside his pocket. There were significant bulges in the other side of the body suits pockets, where he had stashed the various metal fragments and conductors alike inside. Bringing either large gloves hand to the top of his hood, he pulled it down to reveal the shaggy light brown underneath. -

- The cave itself was warmer then outside but, that wasn't hard when compared to how harsh it was outside. Normally, even the cave would seem bitter cold to him, although it really didn't seem to matter to him. He was eager to journey forward and discover the mysteries that lied ahead. -

- His large shiny black boots touched down gently on the damp ground, making little noise as possible. The creatures that lurked inside the cave grounds were all used on using their hightened sense of hearing instead of the their poor eye sight, used to living in the dark shadows. Strapped along his waist was a utility belt that had been looped with the suit, fitted with various accessories Onderin seemed fitting for his mission. A hand-held flashlight that could fill an entire room from one small point, tightened duraplast wire with hook accessories, and some cracker packages for whenever he grew hungry. -

- Feeling his belt over, he felt for the larger carrying case that was strung on it, uponing it up with the glove and holding the device out infront of him. As soon as his hand hit the switch, the entire cave seemed to soak up in a dim light. It was set on the lowest setting as to still light the path but, not startle the creatures that slumbered inside. -

- It was a smart move on his Master's part to navigate this mission during the day time. The cave was mostly silent, given a drop or two from the hanging stelagtites that seemed hang down easily from the top. Minutes would pass, venturing through the cave, directed only by the connection of the Force. Moving through various twists and turns the cave made naturally through it's many years, there was a sudden feeling inside him that danger was just around the corner. -

- Two beedy yellow eyes confronted right at his own, a harsh screeching sound echoing through the cave as the creature spread it's arms around the young man's head. Too late to defend, Sabian wrestled the beast onto the floor, beating his revealing long fangs as it motioned to open them. At that moment, the light he had infront of him dropped to the ground, breaking against the rocky floor, where it was only the darkness and the creature strapped to his head now. -

- An array of blood churtling sounds broke loose, as suddenly emerging from the darkness, a long blue blade shimmered out from the dark and filled the area once more with light. Pushing the black furry creature with his left hand, Sabian moved the hand that wielded the training 'saber back behind his head and thrusted it down in a clean strike to it's head. -

- The creature fell back lifelessly and splashed into a small gathering of water below him. Breathing in and out, the young man looked down upon the very creature he had defended himself from. It's body was much bigger then he had imagined, figured with small legs but bulky arms to manuever and squeeze with, long teeth matched to drain it's victims of their energy for both food and energy. -

- There was an immediate feeling of guilt that sprung inside him as his calm blue eyes starred at the creature. It seemed to just be protecting it's territory and was woken up when he was moving closeby. -

It was only doing what it felt was right.. While I had to kill in order to defend. And that's how it is.

- Sabian kept the 'saber close and pointed outwards amoungst the caves. It's soft light was less noticeable then the devices and proved as a worthy defense if any such occurance were to happen again. -

- More time passed, where it seemed he was almost lost in the many guided turns and twists the cave displayed, the though of giving up and trying to find the way back didn't stretch far from his mind until something happened.. -

- Sparked inside of him, he could feel something in the air that he had felt before but, not into this extreme. It was the feeling of the Force matched with the sensation brought up when holding a lightsaber. As he raised the hilt of the blade upwards, the young man was stricken in wonder by the sight before him. -

- Crystals of all liking hung like ornaments on the side of the room, sparkling majesticly with the very light his blade exuded. Blue ones, green ones, yellow ones, purple ones, they all stretched as far as the eye could see. Apparently, he ventured into a point the cave where few dared to venture this far into seeking the crystals, finding a resevoire of stored crystalline mass for many generations to come. -

"Amazing.."

- He uttered almost breathless by the sight of it all, compelled to even take off his gloves to touch the surface of them. They were hard as anything he had ever touched, yet gentle and smooth as anything too. The jagged edges that formed their being were sharp and narrow, pointing out in a brillance of patterns one could never describe to the full extent of it's being. -

- There was no wonder why they were sought out by the Jedi as tools for peace and justice. Their very structure was similiar in almost every liking to that which the Jedi were. Strong, hard and narrow when the time offered it while still having a gentle surface that promoted the very morales in which they fought for. -

- He spent a good hour looking at all of them, their many different shapes and colors, almost every one unique to one another. He searched and searched, feeling inside him what was the one he had been truly seeking for. The will of the Force came into him, compelled him and drove him to move furthur down the lot. Letting it guide him once more, his hands searched deep down to touch a crystalline material that stood out from the rest. -

- In Sabian's eyes, it was more perfect then anything he ever set on. Hanging one arm up with the lightsaber, still relying on it's light to show the vision infront of him, his other hand gentle pressed the crystal from it's molding on the wall and held it clear up to his face. -

- The tint of the crystal was a light orange hue, matched with a vibrant yellow undertone. It's edges were less sharp and more smooth to the touch. As he gaze upon it up close, he could see his face inside of it's surface, starring back at him. -

"This is it.. This is the one I've been looking for."

- A wide smile, stretched ear to ear, appeared on the boy's face. Such a momentous occassion it was that he could not keep himself from feeling this way. Even as he held the crystal in one hand, it was as if he was holding himself up at the same time; a trait similiar to the relationship he had with the Force. It was all just perfect. -

- Setting himself down on the damp floor, finding an edging in the ground to hold the lightsaber up at an angle with to free both hands, Sabian let the metal pieces and fragments fall from his pocket into his palms. He gently set them down before him, folding his legs together and centering himself. -

- This was the hour of trial. This is what he lived to accomplish. There was no stopping him now.. -

Edited by Guest

Jedi Knight Onderin Starlisk let the Force take him to his padawan. The boy went through a brief time of danger, but that was soon erased and his conciousness remained strong. He had beaten whatever had attacked him. Onderin had not killed the gorgonoth that had challenged him--in fact he didn't even have a lightsaber at the time.

But there were multiple ways to do anything.

Now that Sabian was in the caves, the trials would begin. The boy would likely enter a trance and be met with a vision as many Jedi had. Sabian seemed like the kind of Jedi which would be confronted by such a vision rather than simply sitting and working on the weapon as a machine, as Onderin had, only to pause at the end to use the Force to bind the weapon both to himself and to all of its components.

3C12kbA.png

"Don't I know that song all too well. Okay I'll get meself to the Temple, and we'll sweep our intrepid leader off her feet." Zane laughed again. "See you there, Master Ession."

It did give him solace to know his thoughts were not completely out of line. Once he boarded his ship and blasted off, he started to wonder how his master was doing in their parting.

zane35aw.jpg

- There was a sense about being there that was on a higher plain of thought. Simply being in the room, surronded by the blue light that fascaded off each and every one of the surronding crystalline object, was something few could experience. Never before had the young man ever though himself so close to the Force that he could feel it not just within his body but, focus on it as another human being. He smelled it, he breathed it in, he could feel it's presence, just as any being could. -

- His hands made quick use of feeling out each piece of metal for imperfections, running his thumb across it's surface as a craftsmen would when finding what materials worked and which did were best fit in other places. The cool of the metal clung to his hands as he fiddled and turned each side over and over. Each delicate finger had a chance to slide over the surface of each piece, moving them around and arranging them upon the floor in a pattern he felt was best suited for each individual piece. -

- Gently placing down the last piece, he felt something come over him, stronger then anything he had sensed before. Not even the power of the darkness that once compelled him matched the essence this foreign energy that penetrated him pronounced. Looming over him, it compelled and moved his very body like what he had sensed with the nature of the Force. Yet, this was much larger, far larger then anything inside him. He felt as if it was the core of it's power, the place where the crystalline energies reside, they're very mother that produced them into being. -

- Eyes opened wide, seeking in a breathe of air as it overcame him, with arms spread out on either side. During this one moment, something overcame his mind. It was as if his eyes had been replaced with the vision of another, one older then himself and certainly taller then himself. The feelings thought inside this vision were the same as his own, perceiving the emotions of the one he saw in full form. Excited, anxious, nervousness, all ran through this particular person's body. -

- The mind set continued on, when encountered by a creature like Sabian had but, a creature that was far more powerful then he was. At first, the boy felt scared for the person but, he was able to use his stunning intellecte to trick the massive monsterous creature. It was just then, he could slowly feel something similar to the pattern of this vision, something he'd seen or felt before but, couldn't exactly tell what.. -

- It skipped on afterwards, where now there was the man he saw in his vision positioned like he was, sitting down on the cave's surface, holding a green crystalline object into the air. Just then, Sabian's mind opened up in shock; he realized who it was. It was his own Master, in his late twenties, performing the same ritual he was doing; creating his first lightsaber. -

- At this period in time, the Force that surronded and bound him to the vision eased up upon the boy, allowing Sabian to move freely while still connected to the vision. His hands moved with same precision and control the man in the vision did, linking each object over one another to create a pattern for the process. -

- Then, the man in the vision leaned over with one arm to pluck a small branch, hanging inside the crevice of the cave. It's roots reached around the cave and grew with the moist atmosphere the cave gave off. Just as he looked, Sabian looked as well. There, unmistakenly, was an overhung branch, coiling out in a long thin form. His hands gently plucked it's root, and gave way the stem so he could hold it inside his palm. -

- He centered himself, and held the slender piece of wood inside his palms, clutched together infront of his chest. Concentrating on the energies around him, he could feel a soft glow of energy produce from his hands. It was almost similiar to the feeling he had back on Coruscant when he first encountered the Force for the first time. Within seconds, the branch became lit with a brillant blue flame. It was hot to the touch but, did not burn him as he held it in his hands. -

- Brillant blue eyes gazing upon it for a moment, he set it down beside the pieces, the flame growing taller and wider as his perception of the Force deepened. Every movement down to the slightest breathe matched Onderin's own, bringing the crystal over the fire and skillfully mixing it around to get an even source of heat around it. -

- The ragged sharp edges became smooth with the heat, turning and mixing with the lightest touch. He kept the crystal in a constant circling heat, as to not overcook one of the edges and cause an imperfection to the already perfect crystalline material. Sabian's left hand was well enough alone to keep the crystal spinning and melting, while his right hand reached over towards the pieces. -

- Hours passed, where he simply waited to insert the next piece in the slow process of the crystalized material melting. But time was of no consequence now. He was with the full aspect of the Force, and didn't dwell on such feelings as impatience, fatigue, or frustration. He kept silent and patient, mixing and molding each metallic fragment within one another. Over and over, he worked into each minute, relocating and molding with the edges of his hands as if they were metal themselves. -

- At this point, the crystal began to become condensed and formed a slinder cyclindrical form. It's curves had been rounded out with relentless rubbing and turning, and the metal pieces had slowy begun to be forged with one another into a relative piece, mirroring the shape of the crystalline object. -

- The final process came. It was his time to do the tedious process of descending the crystal upon the metallic shell that he forged into being with the pieces presented. Sabian grasped each side of the crystal with each hand, and moved it slowly down the empty shaft of the metal cavity. Sealing the top with his hands, he closed his eyes and focused deeply on the Force. -

Guide my movements, so I might guide myself as well.

- A final fizzle came from the fire he once made. It had drew down with the near completion of the lightsaber and finally burned out of existance to where it was nothing more then a small pile of ashes. From these ashes, were his hands and his creation. Too blinded by the intense light and too concentrated upon his work, Sabian never got to see the his work until just now. -

- Arms pulling his hands from the ashes, the newly created lightsaber peered out like a diamon in the rough. It's beauty had no bounds, smooth and intrecate, with a round bottom. Bits and pieces of extra medal forged bounds on the lightsaber's end, and made smooth wave patterns across the surface of the metal. -

- The vision he had dispersed, just as he saw Onderin first gaze upon his own weapon, both clearly shocked and in awe. Nothing could describe the feeling such as it was. To be able to create such a wonderous thing was something no mere mortal should ever do. As he learned over and over, with the nature of the Force, there were no bounds, just as the lightsaber's beauty. -

- Picking himself off the ground, his forward hand marked it's thumb over the middle control, pressing down on it lightly. A smooth hum ripped from it's bounds, a sheer limitless blade emerging in pure mixture of yellow and orange light from it's cavities, elongating outwards a good two meters. The shine from it's light filled the entire crystal room with vibrant light orange light. With his hands upon the controls, it's powers seemed limitless as well, overcoming him with a sense of the Force, such that he hadn't felt until just recently in his endevour into the cave. -

- Normally, he would gaze upon the blade longer and overlook all it's undertones and markings but, there was something deep inside him that beckoned him to return to the ship. Pressing with the same pressure as before, the blade returned to it's capsule, and lowered it to his side. Grabbing with his other hand the still-active training 'saber, the young man proceeded back which the direction he came. -

- Redressing himself in his gloves and scarf, he made his final exit out of the cave, holding the newly crafted lightsaber on a sling by his belt, just as Onderin displayed. The winds got inreasingly bitter, the new sounds of creatures awakening stirred in the cave. If he hadn't left when he did, the creatures would have most defintly found him parading on their territory, just as the other lone creature did. -

- Racing back to the ship, Sabian found the door open as he climbed back aboard. Met with the warm hand of his Master, Onderin Starlisk, pulling him up, Sabian Devanus was now back aboard the Lambda shuttle, fighting to pull off his body suit once he reached the warm chambers of the air tight ship. -

- Making quick use of the suit's zipper and setting it back on the rack, the young man approached his Master with a subtle curiousity, anxious inside while remaining serious. Bending one arm down to his side, he picked the newly crafted lightsaber, held it with his opposite hand, and displayed it infront of him, open palms up. -

- There was nothing he could say at the same time, staying in complete silence to gauge a reaction from Onderin before speaking about what happened.. -