Naboo

RaveN

"You want to lose. For power. Just like everyone." Tiana laughed a moment, leaning back and closing her eyes. "Darkness! That's what they all want. Except, I didn't. I went for the light. All that was good and righteous and holier than thou in the universe, brilliant and pure and good. Dark is more than just slaughtering innocents and drawing power from blood and the dark in your soul... it's taking that dark, claiming it, and becoming it..."

Tiana smiled and held out a hand.

"Here, get to know it a bit better."

Mist clouded over Arclight's eyes.

((Feel free to fight it off with the Force. All she's done is basically summoned some sort of cloudy smoke. She'll take it away eventually if you can't kill it on your own, or give you further instructions.))

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

Arclight gave no effort to fight her touch and for the moment he could see nothing at all but the Nabooian countryside. A true beauty to behold, but one that would so quickly dissipate as he was cast asunder into a cloudy darkness...

He had lost his sight he thought rather childishly and he rather crudely fought outwardly and inwardly to get it back, but all efforts proved futile. He was menaced as to his condition and struggled with himself on the ground for a few minutes. It looked like a prolonged seizure, but at the end he just lied their. He could still hear the vague sounds of Naboo... He could still feel the land around him...

All his losses spilled forth and covered the length of his consciousness only sending him into more of an angry tirade like seizure for a decent time...

All he could see though was darkness. Arclight, having no previous experience with the force had settled on not fighting whatever it was clouding his vision for their was no way to stop it. He didn't even think the force could do such a thing, but then again he was naive and had not learned its ways yet. However, laying there looking at darkness, it did give him time to think and time to feel and coalesce with the world around him...

You haven't lost all your senses, merely that of sight. SO stop acting like a drowning puppy and straighten yourself up...

Arclight shook his head in disbelief as a voice emerged from behind the dark visage... He could here it, but didn't know if Tiana could at this point. Nonetheless, he did as he was told and was now sitting in a lotus position, or as best he could not knowing he was now resting in a puddle of mud...

First of all, a little late on that front, but Second of all Who are you? and why are you here?

Just consider me your proverbial wingman of sorts. I can't really get you girls, but I can serve as your conscience in dire need situations. I can also be considered as your sens of Humor at some points... Yet let's not get carried away. You can call me Fluhnicht...

Very well, well met Fuhnicht now could you kindly tell me what I am supposed to do next?

Well... uhh thats not really my job. I am merely here to keep you out of trouble and if you had continued your seizure on the ground you would have:

-drawn needless attention from any passers by

-looked stupid

-bothered yourself with needless gyrations

-and overall look stupid...

You said look stupid twice though?

Yeah, yeah so what of it? I thought it looked really stupid, oh and if you had continued you would have fallen into a swamp and not seen where you were going... yatta yatta yatta... Drowning capische?

Got it... wait needless gyra-

He felt there was something he wasn't telling Arclight, but with the suddenness he had appeared with, the little conscious drone was gone and he had left behind nothing for Arclight to really think about except the planet, Tiana, and himself...

He sat there, rather exasperated from the tiring gyrations he had finished moments before, but he tried his best to focus on anything but himself... He focused on the planet, the planets species, its people... and as soon as he had gone a full circle back to thinking of himself again he began to feel a strange spark of energy... He could feel it all over the planet fluctuating in different ways and areas... He could hear and feel the heartbeats of everyone on the planet... He felt one with the planet... a strange feeling indeed that was interrupted by one single heartbeat...

Tiana's...

Now for the life of him Tiana kept sprouting up in his mind and he just couldn't focus straight. He didn't want to tell her this because hey who wants to know someone was thinking of them if they aren't exactly in an intimate relationship... It's just weird to the recipient...

Arclightrecent3copy.jpg

Arclightcopy.png

• 3 weeks later...

As the spacecraft approached Theed, Vict was awoken by the stewardess as she asked for him to put on his seatbelt. He looked around and realized he was the only one with torn clothing in that part of the craft. He didn't care. He would fix that soon enough.

As he left the spaceport in Theed, he headed towards an upscale clothing store. There, Vict bought himself some new boots, tunics, and pants. Now all of his clothing was black. He also got a lavish black cape. It was something that one would expect nobility to wear. Then, he made his way towards a lawyer his family used to use before they became as wealthy as they were. Vict knew the man would help him.

Adorned in his new clothing Vict entered the lawyer's office. The man was sitting there in a daze. He was a wreck. since his family had left, the lawyer's firm had gone downhill. When Vict told him who he was, he thought the lawyer might attack him. Then, Vict revealed how he planned to kill his father the lawyer grinned. It was as if he knew exactly what to do. He drew up a will and said, "All you have to do is get your father to sign it. Then everything will be yours."

Vict then replied, "You will be rewarded for this. I think you'll probably end up retiring very early."

Vict rolled the will and put it in his pocket. He then went to a hotel and rested for a few hours. He had to wait until it was dark. As darkness fell on Theed, Vict began to walk towards his father's estate. On the way, he stepped into the Imperial Garrison and dropped Faust's name. The garrison commander walked up and said, "What right do you have to kill this man?"

Vict simply responded, "Call it a threat to the Empire." With that he also dropped a few credits into the commander's hand. The commander's response to that was, "Thank you for your concern. We will not interfere."

With that Vict walked to the front gates of his father's estate. There were only two guards. Vict knew he couldn't use his lightsaber on any of them. It would be too obvious, and his plan might go wrong because of it. He used the force to yank the E-11 out of one of the guards' hands. He then proceeded to fire on both of them killing them instantly with shots to the head.

He continued his assault throughout the estate heading toward his father's bedroom. Finally, he arrived. His father was wide awake with vibrosword in hand. He said, "You wouldn't kill your father, would you?" With this, he charged on Vict. Vict used a powerful Force push to knock his father off his feet. Vict grabbed the cortosis vibrosword with the Force. The hilt was the same design as Vict's only without the electrum. Vict began to assail his father's mind.

He quickly reached the area of the brain that controlled bodily functions. Vict pulled out the will. He forced his father to extend his arm and index finger. Vict used the vibrosword to poke the end of his father's index finger. Then he forced his father to sign the will in his blood. With that, he began to attack his Father's mind. He began reconstructing his memories into naught but horrible nightmares. Then Vict began to assail him physically. He broke his father's cheekbones, fingers, toes, legs, arms and ribs by applying tremendous amounts of pressure with the Force. True to his new name Darth Agony's first true victim died in agonizing pain as Vict finally grabbed his father's head and twisted it fast enough to snap it.

He placed the will in his father's desk, and headed back to the hotel. The next morning, he received a call from the lawyer that his father was dead. Vict played the mournful son, and then waited for the will reading as soon as the funeral was over. He knew his mother was hoping for something, but he had made sure that she would be on the streets just as she had allowed his father to do to him. As Vict was named the successor of all his father's worldly possessions, a small amount of happiness swelled inside of him. He would rest for a few days.

His next plans involved the Empire, yet Vict knew there would be a peace summit. He had checked his father's computer before he had left the night before, and saw this. He knew he would have to wait to gain an audience with the Emperor, but his next plans were to insert himself into the Imperial Navy. It was all about gaining power.

Still, now he had an Empire of his own. He now had stocks in Kuat Drive Yards, he had money, he had an estate, he had his father's custom sword, and finally, he had his father's vintage Delta-7. What had once been a tool of the Jedi, was now his. Fully armed, and in perfect condition, it was a sight to behold. He even inherited R3-D5, which was the astromech droid his father had used when he flew it. He even had a hyperspace ring in orbit around Naboo. He would return to Coruscant in a few days time, but for now he rested on the lavish bed that was now his.

He awoke the next day, and prepared to leave. He got some credits and approached his newly gained Starfighter. It was all black, save for the name under the cockpit. It read, Orsino. He would have that changed to Agony when he arrived in Coruscant. He boarded the fighter and left Naboo's atmosphere, and attached the ship to the Hyperspace ring. He had done it many times before in his childhood.

He then set course to head to back to the city world of Coruscant.

• 2 weeks later...

Just as Vict is about to clear Naboo's gravity well and atmosphere, a coded message comes in for him, its speaker only identifying himself as a "Servant of the Dark Lord of the Sith." The orders given, the comm cuts off.

In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed - but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

"So much life," she said with a sigh. "With dark you can see life. With life you can see the light side. With light you can kill dark. With dark, you can smother out the light preventing you from hearing all that life and just hear that alone. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeyes. Being blind would serve a Jedi well, it would take away that damn cloud of reality and let them focus on only what they can hear in the dark. Gorgeous, isn't it. When it comes down to it--dark and light walk hand in hand--but you do become less powerful."

Tiana laughed. She'd monitored his journey--she'd wandered through dark unmonitored by anyone but a monster.

Oh, but she'd loved that monster.

"Arclight, dear. Fuh. You don't get mad enough. Are you sure you want to be a Sith? You're focusing on life and uhm, well, not really fighting back even though I'm technically causing you harm..." She patted his shoulder. "And I'm quite technically a Sith Lord. Are you really sure this is the faction for you? I've clouded your eyes, and you're not even getting mad and fighting back. You're just enjoying the ride and seeing what the Force will show you."

Tiana giggled. "Is it getting distracting yet? You're not mad. Do you want your eyes back now?"

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

Arclight's shivering form was at the very least exasperated, but he was mad. He was infuriated that he should be made to look like such a fool on the ground; that his so called conscience was nothing but a wise cracking little gnome and to top it all off he was still in mud!

His clothes were soaked and heavy as he rolled over onto all fours crawling his way about; his swords had been set aside before blindness so they weren't a bother, but his body still felt lumbering under the weight of the cold water. He didn't want to release his anger because there was something else preventing him from doing so.

In the Darkness you feel and see nothing but raw emotions, you may hear the outside world, but it is a mere mockery of the senses you have lost; you may feel the ground, but you are as an apparition for the feeling blows through you with no true grasping effect.

Yet through it all; through his aching muscles and anger filled misery there lingered a strong passion towards another. He couldn't let it die so it remained there for later.

Tiana had wanted to see anger however as she had poked fun at him from the sidelines; so with what strength he could muster Fuh, in a push up position propelled himself to the ground, grabbed anything he could and pummeled the crap out of it. The object he had procured was a tree nearby and as his painful yet angry yells got louder he pushed on further into the tree leaving a great big hole in the center of it. His cries echoed throughout the swamps and he re-emerged from the opposite side with bleeding hands and bark dust covering his body...

"yes I would be comfortable with my g*% d#^$ eyes back... " Arclight said with a grimace...

Arclightrecent3copy.jpg

Arclightcopy.png

• 3 weeks later...

"There, that's better, you're a hard one to piss off." She snapped her fingers and let his eyes drift back to normal. "Seriously, are you sure you want to be a Sith? You're only doing this because it's what I want."

She sat down and crossed her legs. "Let's see. Jedi ideals. Peace, fluffy clouds and kittens. Sith ideals. Murderous rage. I'm going to need to work harder. You only blew a hole in a tree. Let's see some murderous rage here, Arcy."

Tiana felt around and finally found a vine, tugging it free. She fiddled absently with it, her hands growing muddy and dirty. It was an alive thing, and she let herself drift away into that thing. The heart was part of Naboo...

Kill it!

Kill it now.

...Only in its death can you find strength...

She felt herself distracted, a bit of fear onset from something she couldn't identify, and in the corners of blank eyes she could see the memories laughing at her again--there was someone following her, there was someone behind her, there was someone with her.

Again it grabbed her.

"Murderous rage," she repeated dully. "Yes." Some life snapped back into her voice. "Get mad at me. I used to be a Jedi. Jedi caused your loss. I'm just like them. Get mad at me. I'm not giving you what you want. You feel something every time you look at me. Get mad at me, Fuh."

Her weapon rested alone. Her attention was on something else.

"What the **** are you doing?" Jedi asked.

"Evidently failing to keep control of me," Tiana muttered, and watched her hold drift away. "Am I crazy?"

"Yeah. Yeah, you are crazy."

The vine in her hands.

She drew its breath away and it began to harden in her hands, the water leaking out as it tightened and stiffened and its life wasted away...

Stop it!

She stole away his eyes once more and left him in the dark--for now.

"Get mad at me!"

spsig.jpg

Arclight's brow furrowed as he tried to conjure feelings that weren't there. He realized his parents were gone, but he had no idea what happened to them. Dead or alive...

Sure the Jedi were mindless zealots who would stop at nothing to keep the peace, but was he any better?

Were the Sith nothing but Rage mongers that did nothing but Blow up at the slightest moment? Or was there more?

Is there a comfortable medium or must I choose a side...

Arclight was deeply conflicted and as his eyes were stolen from him once more, he began to focus on the lack of senses... The lack of something, and then he began to realize that Tiana had changed. This wasn't the Tiana he had remembered...

This wasn't the kooky girl Fuh met on Hoth... This was someone far more sinister and that so far had just continued to cause him much pain. He looked in the direction of Tiana as his mind caught up with him, but he still saw nothing aside from a deep darkness. He knew she was different”¦ He just knew it. Arclight sat down in a lotus position as his master maliciously murdered a vine, and focused all he could in her direction.

Sweat began to roll down his brow and he even considered giving up, but something faint was noticeable after a while. On the edge of his vision, or at least as much as he could see within his head, he noticed two faint outlines of differing color, but they were both in the shape of Tiana. There appeared to be a third but it was even fainter”¦ He was no longer blinded by her beauty and was forced to see that there was actually three Tiana's. He could not understand their nature, but only knew that one of them was the real Tiana; the real woman that he had adored ever since the frozen wastes of Hoth.

"You have deceived me Tiana, I cannot show you true anger, for that is not my nature, but neither will I cower to the stupid and redundant dogma that composes the Jedi Order. I have lost things yes, and regardless of my fear I acknowledge that it will happen again in the future for such is the will of fate... I can try to defy fate all I wish, but until I accept it I will but move in circles..." Arclight shook his head silently, ”œHowever, if there is one thing I have learned standing here, dwelling within the caverns of my mind... It is that you are not the real Tiana... That the real Tiana; the one I met in Hoth is being hidden from me”¦" Arclight's face turned stoic and he sighed, ”œIt is but the will of this sith apparition and, was my own for a time that I become one who thrives off of feelings, but not anymore.”

Arclightrecent3copy.jpg

Arclightcopy.png

• 2 weeks later...

A lone human, carrying a wide brimmed hat and typical clothes, pays his bill and tips generously, leaving a cafe in central Theed, located near by the royal palace. Underneath his hat, his eyes almost seem to take on an unnatural blue glow. He strolls through Theed, mentally observing the arrival of Republic troops and policemen, their distance from hospitals, and even takes a very leisurely walk past the city's main water filtering plant.

In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed - but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

The Nebulon-B Frigate Lion's Paw appeared in Naboo's orbit, and discharged a half-squadron of LAAT/i's to the planet's surface.

It was supposed to be a simple mission, one that would only take a few days to complete: shore up the Republic garrison in Theed, and perform reconnaissance in Naboo's mountains and unique underwater cavern complex. Frankly, Captain Slaughter didn't think that he could have picked a duller assignment, but that didn't make it any less important””defense required alertness and attention to detail, rather than sublime brilliance.

Besides, while beginning his research on Faust's intelligence files, he'd learned that the bounty hunter had had a few deals on Naboo. The warrants to search those locations were already procured, and the Talons would raid them before they departed to continue their hunt elsewhere. In the meantime, however, it was Slaughter's intention to fully explore the streets of Theed and determine the best way to bolster its defenses, as well as inspecting its vital facilities for security.

That meant foot patrols, as well as the occasional armed landspeeder, where the Talons could record every second of their patrol and add it to an already impressive holographic archive. Talking with the locals, even a bit of police work if the indig police service wanted to see the Republic's forces in action--a simple, peaceful mission that some of his men were a bit disappointed with. The battle droids would stay in their transports, however””the Wolf Spiders made Bruce a bit nervous, and the soldier worked with those droids on a regular basis.

Slaughter decided to inspect the water treatment facilities first. It was a calculated choice””the Gungans had once nearly been rendered extinct because a saboteur had poisoned their aquatic environments. It was a boring task, no point in trying to deny it, poring over blueprints and procedures with a team of engineers.

A fireteam of four soldiers, each armed with their stubby carbines, passed the human in the palace plaza without suspicion, pausing for exactly the length of time that it took to take a brief drag from their canteens. Some time after they passed, marching in a more intent pace towards the palace, a lone human male happened upon the civilian. Tall of stature, he was lanky and awkward enough to be estimated to be a teenager. His long, almost greasy brown hair certainly wouldn't be seen in most adults. Weaving rather rudely through the citizens on foot, he occasionally brushed slightly against a passerby.

One of those people was the human wearing the wide-brimmed hat, whom he frankly thought looked like a bit of a idiot in that thing. Then, passing him with another rude brush, he spared not a glance as he went through the city streets behind his back.

ayFLmkV.png

The Acolyte's eyes flash under his wide brimmed hat, his hand almost flashing to his side in an effort to draw out a concealed weapon. The recon mission for his master was going so well, then this insolent dog had the cheek to...

Biting his lip, he takes a quick look at the man who accosted him. A Republic Captain and his crew? The Acolyte considered the merits of dispatching the man with one well aimed shot of a blaster. One less ranking rebel would please his master greatly. But it could also jeopardize his mission.

His eyes narrow, watching a group of about four Gungans meander pass. The Acolyte almost rolls his eyes. His master said the Empire once tried to eliminate their entire race and nearly succeeded by dropping a bio toxin into the water under Phillep's command, then had blamed the entire thing on the rebels. His master wished to emulate that effort and extend it to the humans as well, if able of course.

A sudden thought passes his mind as he turns his back on the Gungans and the soldiers, almost hurrying away, trying not to chuckle. Though the Acolyte was hardly gifted in the Force, he could manage what could best be described as parlor tricks- levitate a coin, trick simple minded fools with the I.Q. of a turnip, or in this case...

"Messa a stupid smelly fish-faced Gungan! Messa Jar Jar Stinks!"

As far as anyone could tell by listening without the aid of the Force, that came from the rebel soldiers that bumped into the Acolyte, just as if they were making a joke among themselves just as the Gungans passed.

The Gungans, irate at this racial slur, apparently given by their new "protectors," all plant themselves around the rebel soldiers. One gives their leader a shove, demanding an apology, while his friends raise their fists threateningly. Two more Gungans, also examining the waterworks, quickly rush to join their friends, not knowing what is going on, but catching the angry glances of their friends and knowing trouble was brewing.

The man in the wide brimmed hat walks away casually, leaving the fledgling riot brewing behind him, a smirk on his face.

A Star Cruiser stops in orbit over the planet of Naboo as a rather medium ship is let out through a hangar on the side. The ship carries within it a prefabricated garrison of new soldiers to protect the newly claimed planet of Naboo as well as a recently enlisted lieutenant Kalphehn. The crew looks on as Kale directs their movements to the best of his ability and soon all of the available soldiers are sent to, and set up upon the planet's surface...

__--_--__

Kalphehn was amazed and astonished at how green it was here. He had never before seen an environment so lush and vibrant. It truly touched him how lively it was here and for some reason gave him a little more grace in his steps. He was accustomed to the sands weighing down on his feet as he ran, but here he had freedom of movement and as such he enjoyed walking through the flatland quite a bit.

Just as the garrison starts to settle however, Kale notices something out of the corner of his eye. It appears that a large gathering was being made over by a small patrol of rebel soldiers as if something had happened. Their appeared to be these odd fish people gathered amongst them, and while Kale had never seen them before he wasn't about to let his fellow officer's lose their lives if it meant less defense for Naboo... Someone had finally told him how to say it...

Kale ran swiftly over toward the group and was very quick to spread the irate Gungans out. Kale was a rather oddity himself, standing at about average height, but a bit rugged looking with his duster and uniform. He stared the officers down as if his eyes were daggers... He winked at an officer and preceded to bash him soundly with words, "what were you doing officer to get these people so riled up?"

The officer replied shaking, "well my friend here out of the four or so of us, had a bad time with a few Gungans in his past and as such was making fun of them. He didn't mean to out loud, but apparently he did and now we are in trouble."

Kale chuckled a bit inside his head because if these beings were any credit to their nature, they seemed rather silly anyway. "Well I can see that now, but..." Kale said as he switched stances and moved to the officer in question, "What do you have to say to all these fine people I have assembled in a group behind me?"

The officer grumbled and looked down towards the floor, his face contorted into a sort of disparaging stare and he mumbled, "I'm Sorry"

Kale smirked slightly as he moved up toward the officer and grabbed him by the ear, "You're what officer? Speak up... I don't think the people you have insulted can hear you!"

The officer lifted his head up after cringing under the yanking pressure from his ear, and yelled, "I am very sorry for what I said and I hope no foulness can come to the rebellion's record for my stupidity..." the officer concluded as Kale let go of his ear...

"very good" Kale said as he smiled approvingly. He didn't really expect the insulting himself part, but the officer apparently understood the situation, and as such deserved respect for admitting his own stupidity.

"You hear that everyone? He is sorry for any troubles he has caused you", Kale said loudly with his hands to his mouth. "He says it won't happen again. Also, I will gladly consort with any officer that chooses to insult the people of this planet again!"

Kale concluded as the Gungans dispersed. They seemed to be people of pleasant attitudes and at least they were mildly forgiving. A few begrudgingly remained keeping an eye on the officer as he stood there, but Kale supervised the men as to delineate any of that activity.

"Now" Kale said in hushed tones... "did you really insult those Fish people?"

The officer who was drug close to Kale so as not to let their conversation known shook his head, "no Lieutenant I don't recall saying anything in that respect" The officer parroted back at the same volume...

"Okay" Kale said, looking towards the Gungans as they moved away, "then I recommend you stay away from any of them to avoid the problem again." Kale didn't know whether to call bullshit or not, but something could've happened... Weirder things existed in the galaxy.

The officers respected his wishes and stayed away from the Gungans to prevent more trouble. Kale sent the warning towards the rest of the garrison as they installed themselves, and he decided before going back to Gala he would stroll around Theed a bit. He too tried to avoid the Gungans, but not so far as to draw attention...

Untitled-1copy-7.png

The Acolyte, looking back from a distance, sees that, alas, his little voice throwing trick failed to spark that riot he hoped for. Shaking his head in disgust, he continues on, making his way back to a hotel in the outskirts of Theed.

That night, in the privacy of his own room, he sends out a brief encoded, untraceable, and securely channeled comm to the Sith Temple on Coruscant for his master to receive, relaying what he learned of the rebel's troop placements, making particular note of the use of their droids.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

She poked him in the shoulder. "There's three of everyone, Fuh. Some of us don't get to pick which one steers. Three of you, three of me. Everyone's a little bit evil and a little bit good. I'm not a witch. I'm just another bit of Tiana."

Tiana leaned forward and snapped her fingers, removing all influences from his mind that may have swayed his thoughts and opinions. "There's just a little more of me than meets the eye. Trust me. They're all me."

She smiled with a brief tilt of the head.

"I was right! You're not quite evil enough to be a Sith. There's emotions and fury driving your every being but it's not quite there yet." She flopped back down against the tree, folding her arms under her head. "You're not quite desperate enough. The emotions don't drive you crazy. Only a little bit. Too much for a good Jedi, though. They're not mindless dogmatics, though, y'know."

"Damn right," Jedi mutters, sitting back against the tree invisibly with her arms folded.

"Just people," she finished. "Like you. And me. ...And I think maybe I'm just a more reasonable Sith, because I bet the Jedi would kill me for heresay." And for not being a lawful good, she thought. "So perhaps I'll continue to train you as a Sith, because darkness is strongest... or is it?"

spsig.jpg

Arclight's tension released with the re-retrieval of his sight, but his mind was still slightly inherently conflicted. The introduction of several avatars of one Tiana had messed with his brain, even if he couldn't see all three of them he could hear them quite clearly. Fuh questioned his sanity within the silence of his own thoughts, but was quite interested when Tiana said there were three of everyone. Fuh still remained in the spot where Tiana had poked him before, but his expression had changed from incriminatory to thoughtful. His eyes rested upon Tiana's form and he smiled thinking that at least she hadn't been taken away, but something in the back of his mind still bugged him.

As Arclight looked toward Tiana and remembered the outlines he had seen earlier, something caught him. Do I have a light and Dark side? Fuh recalled moments of his history, mulling through each emotion he had suffered and could find no instance upon which his dark side was tempted. He was a fairly good kid that could do no wrong until he was accused for a crime he didn't commit - when in all actuality he offered himself up in his friend's stead.

Then he was forced into a prison for slaves and isolated his mind from the rest of the world until he broke out. Now where in there had Fuh ever conjured any cursing and/or hateful notion.

Arclight sighed deeply, realizing that this mysterious dark conundrum could be solved at a later date.

"As to your comment, the Jedi I met years ago was a mindless dogmatic, so that is how I know of them and that is from where I draw my opinion." Arclight said solemnly still staring at what he though was Tiana.

He slowly moved to join Tiana; his steps moving at an even rate with his arms to his side. His face looked into the far distance behind her wondering if she was see through, but aside from that, his thoughts had been focused on his previous quandry no matter how much he wanted to drop it.

"you are my teacher as it were, so it is up to you I suppose", said Fuh with a stoic smile.

Arclightrecent3copy.jpg

Arclightcopy.png

• 3 weeks later...

House Korden Estate, Theed:

There was a constant, terrible presence in his mind, which grew stronger in the long watches of the night. There were voices, just beyond his hearing, and glimpses of foul deeds half-remembered. Corvus Korden had begun to think, privately, that he was most likely going insane. As his days and nights passed without proper sleep, he grew paranoid that his parents and servants might notice something amiss, so he grew even more distant from them, venturing out only at night.

And he was careful. Oh, so careful. Sometimes he would travel to parties in disguise, or double back on his routes. He purchased a slugthrower, and carried it and his sword at all times. The locks to his chambers he recoded regularly. Soon, it became apparent to him that he was not taking these precautions against his family or servants, or even his friends. He had grown convinced that the presence in his mind was personified somewhere out in the void, and as that presence grew stronger, he became terrified that the man it represented was drawing nearer.

Soon, he stopped going to parties at all. His friends may wonder, but outside the sanctuary of his chambers, they were probably soon dead anyway. The petty crimes that filled his younger nights were forgotten; it simply was not safe outside. At length, he fancied that mere locks and bars alone wouldn't hold out any man powerful enough to so stain his subconscious, and, frantic with terror, he poured his waking hours into the holonet, dredging up myriad sigils and runes with which to ward his room. Soon they were etched upon every surface, starting with the thresholds and windowsills and spiraling wildly out across the ceilings and floors. Most were nonsense, but he prayed that among them was one that could hold back the dreams awhile, if not the man.

Eventually the catatonia and the coma were indistinguishable, and Corvus lay in the center of a collage of madness, glaring with unseeing eyes at the curtains drawn across his window and mumbling a single word unceasingly:

Dagon.

thegrin.gif

"...if murder can be experienced aesthetically, the murderer can in turn be regarded as a kind of artist ”” a performance artist... whose specialty is not creation but destruction."

The Von Braun landed at Naboo without incident, as the ship was still flagged as a registered transport, and was not yet known to be in the hands of a Sith. There was a refreshing feel of order on the planet, a sterile cleanliness that appealed to Jzora's clinical nature. The place that the Force had drawn her to was posh, affluent, even by Naboo standards. It smelled of opportunity, the easy life. The wealthy had been good to Jzora on Coruscant, eager pawns to her... wiles. Hopefully the matter at hand would go equally smoothly.

She had chosen her outfit carefully, something that found a halfway point between mysterious and fashionable. It fully covered her body, but her curves were still apparent. She raised the cowl of her designer cloak over her head, masking her face in shadows. Arriving at the door of a rather fine estate, Jzora pressed the door toner three times. It wouldn't do to smash through the window of a potential business associate.

sig_scorpion.jpg

Cold”¦

Cold abandonment”¦

It hurt; emotional pain. As a small girl sat upon the steps of a hovel waiting for nothing to come for her”¦ Tears rapidly streamed from her eyes as if tempted by invisible hands pricking her body.

The visual blurred slightly as her tears seemingly rippled the visibility of everything. Each tear dribbling down, entering the dominant image, flushing away the picture with several watery colors of different consistency and opacity, wiping away all actual sight of pertinent hallucinations in place for surreal visualizations”¦

Words lingered”¦ Peace is lie...

Passion...

Strength ...

Power...

Victory...

Chains are broken ...

Force ...

Free”¦

Free”¦ Free from the bonds of her sycophantic tormentors; free from the bonds of her woes and misery; free from the bonds of limitation and restriction”¦

Lallu's head swam with mystic smoke as she slowly but surely recovered from the heavy drug dose. Her mind was lit with all sort of frantic thoughts and chaotic emotions that ran wild as the drugs continued to run their course, but Lallu could at least perceive the vague world around her and how her setting had changed.

Short synapse firing ushered a quick rush of cold feeling back into her skin; rapids of liquid cold rushing down her nerves, sending chills down her spine as she realized she was not only in what appeared to be a ship, but she was still in her varying degree of undress”¦

”œWhere, Jzora go? Lallu is alone”¦”

Keenava Two Suns.png

Gradually, Corvus became aware that he was speaking, but couldn't recall what about, much less to whom. As he tried to take stock of his surroundings, a chorus of voices, shrill, but not unlike his own, drowned out the ringing in his ears:

The heel of Dagon is upon our threshold; the hand of Dagon is upon our throats!

Corvus knew nothing, and slept like the dead.

---

The doorman of House Korden, Manservant Argyle, promptly answered the door with a warm greeting.

"Good day, m'lady, and welcome to House Korden. We weren't expecting company, but this is a pleasure."

He ushered her into the foyer with a grandiose sweep of his hand.

"And who may I say is waiting, m'lady?"

Argyle smiled cordially as he tapped the pager on his belt to send for refreshments (and alert his masters in advance).

thegrin.gif

"...if murder can be experienced aesthetically, the murderer can in turn be regarded as a kind of artist ”” a performance artist... whose specialty is not creation but destruction."

As it turned out, the Republic did have amphibious construction droids at its call. In about a week, a squadron of Gallofree Medium Transports arrived at Naboo to deliver the essential supplies. They were not pretty ships or even decent combatants; they were workhorses that reliably and cheaply filled the Republic's need for interstellar shipping.

The droids they dispatched into the river directly below Theed, however, were hideous. Repulsive amalgamations of steel and polymers, each was a writhing hulk of tentacles, engines, and excavation equipment the size of a Wolf Spider walker.

”œAnd that's just the excavation crew.”

ayFLmkV.png

"Such generous hospitality is always appreciated. You may tell your master that lady Lyria Anthati has come in response to his recent communique. I understand his concerns for his son, and I will do everything in my considerable power to... distract him from his current lifestyle into something a bit more suitable for one of his standing. Or you could just send the young man directly to me"

One of the advantages of being a Sith was access to imperial security records. The son here was a thrill jockey, engaging in illicit activities with his other rich bored friends. He was most likely dabbling in the black and had reached out by accident. If it wasn't him, she could work the house through him. She had "blossomed" when she came through the door, the pheromones of her species released into the air to entice any who came near her. The last bit of her statement had been half purr and half command through the Force. She didn't want to leave any unnecessary corpses or deal with intermediaries.

sig_scorpion.jpg

Corvus woke, clear headed for the first time in several weeks, and was immediately overtaken by the stench of his own vomit and body odor. He got to his feet and glanced around, recoiling as he saw the unabashed madness that was scrawled across every visible surface in the room.

"Sweet Frak, what happened in here?"

He crouched again, examining a portion of the writing on the floor. It was thinly carved, in a spidery hand that seemed eerily familiar. He glanced around the room for something capable of such intricate engravings, his eyes soon resting on his own vibrorapier.

"...Odd..."

He threw his soiled clothes and bed silks in the laundry chute and queued the maintenance drones to attend to the mess and odor. After another pause to survey the disaster that had befallen his chambers, he shrugged and stumbled into the shower.

---

Under normal circumstances, Argyle would only pretend to listen attentively; his master's affairs were really none of his concern. In this instance, however, he found a certain unfamiliar pleasure in her attention, and when the request came, he jumped at the opportunity to be of service.

"Of course, m'lady."

He turned from the foyer to the entry hall and announced:

"The Lady Lyria Anthati, to see young master Corvus!"

He beckoned her into the entry hall where a variety of trophies, artwork, and overstuffed couches awaited her.

"I'll fetch him for you in short order, m'lady."

As Argyle rushed off for Corvus' chambers, Lord Korden appeared on the balcony overlooking the hall from his study. He eyed her severely, decided she was a vast improvement on his son's prior female companionship, and nodded cordially before returning to his study with a chuckle.

thegrin.gif

A few minutes after Jzora had left, Lallu lying awake draped in nothing but her ragged clothing, the black twi'lek sighed deeply already experiencing the plague of boredom that crept about when she could find nothing to entertain her thoughts. "What should Lallu do?" she said to herself with no real expected answer, her words reverberating off the durasteel ship walls of Jzora's ship...

Lallu should learn gooder basic! A seemingly transparent host whispered into her ear, "That sounds like good idea, but how do Lallu do that?" the black twi'lek answered as if in conversation...

Find something! The other voice replied back quickly with much enthusiasm as Lallu pushed herself up with both arms, lifting herself from the cold metal floor that had made a subtle imprint on her back.

”œBut where?”

Keenava Two Suns.png

OOC((Appologies for the delay, real life took precedence for a bit.))

Jzora waited in an overstuffed couch, poise elegant and straight despite the level of comfort the furniture provided. Soon enough she would meet her caller, and everything would fall into place.

sig_scorpion.jpg

(Of course.)

Manservant Argyle rapped upon the chamber door with unusual insistency.

"Yes, Argyle?"

Corvus had emerged from the shower refreshed, but no closer to understanding what had befallen him or his quarters. He shrugged a shirt on and hopped one leg at a time into a pair of trousers before opening the door.

"Lady Lyria Anthati has come to see you, Master Corvus. She awaits in the entry hall."

Corvus raised an eyebrow as he straightened his cuffs and collar; the excitement Argyle's voice implied that he should recognize this caller, but the name rang no bells.

"Thank you, Argyle. Meet us in the hall with some recaf, would you?"

Corvus retreated back inside briefly to recover a housecoat as Argyle trotted off dutifully to the Kitchen to brew his master's preferred refreshment. He returned to the entry hall at the same time as his master, whose vanity had necessitated a few wardrobe adjustments prior to engaging company.

"Good..." Corvus glanced quickly to the high vaulted windows to check himself, "...Afternoon, Lady Anthati. Forgive my tardiness; business call, you know. What can I do for you?"

Corvus registered his guest for the first time, and his formal smile was quickly replaced by one of genuine interest. His guest was fascinating, and her apparent beauty only seemed to grow has he drew closer.

Argyle placed the tray of beverages on the table beside Jzora's couch and withdrew respectfully. Corvus took a cup of recaf in hand without looking, his gaze fixed intently on "Lady Lyria Anthati."

thegrin.gif

Curiosity, the blind ambition that fueled Lallu's mind as she walked around Jzora's ship admiring the internal structure of it all. Her mind had processed an hour worth of language practice, but wished to put more off til later. She could now at least semi-properly use the first person in speech however mumbled it may have sounded from time to time. Her mind pulsating with new knowledge locking out any new piece til it had rested...

Meanwhile Lallu's eyes danced about the Durasteel grey color of the interior of the ship as well as all of its surfaces very carefully. From the somewhat grimy small tables or compartments to the upholstery of the cockpit seats she walked looking at anything and everything that caught her interest. Anything that caught her waiting eye and managed to maintain her attention for more then two seconds...

However, such attention permitted very little persistent attention and implied that Lallu would once again find herself bored within the ship staring at the walls.

"pfff..."Lallu sighed as she slumped slightly, but jerked up as she remembered to keep her back straight. That asinine lesson echoing through her head in her mother's drawl, still managed to make her skin crawl and put her on edge; the fact that her mother was dead didn't change that feeling and probably wouldn't...

Lallu wandered the floor of the ship a little bit more until once again she sighed deeply. Her chest sagging, and her head slumping as she stood there miserably drenched in the ilk of boredom's company... However, as she stood there she perked her head up slowly as an idea flitted through her consciousness...

"I could exercimize!" said Lallu excitedly as she fell to the floor in a keen push-up position and did 20 clapping push ups in a row. THen as quickly as she had fallen she pushed the floor as she rolled over to her back, raised her feet high into the air and then did 30 crunches with her feet pointed straight up.

She continued this process using various items around the ship for support and adding/extracting exercises as she went to vary it up.

Keenava Two Suns.png

Jzora took a small black orb with a reflective sheen out of her pocket, and stroking the activation stud, it floated in mid air as she let go. Now her conversation with the youth would stay private.

"I'm here because you need me. Rather, you need what I can offer you. You're a priveliged youth in an idyllic world who has tasted too much, and found everything in life is muted. You want to feel something, and the only way you ever do anymore is when you give in to more deviant desires, but even that is now not enough. You were meant for a different life than that of the idle aristocrat, Corvus, and I can give you that life. But first, I'm going to give you the choice I never had, if you would join me for awhile outside."

sig_scorpion.jpg

Corvus sipped from his drink automatically, his full attention fixed upon Scorpio. It was, he marveled, as if she knew him. Not like his sycophants who passed for friends knew him, but as he knew himself, in those recesses of his mind that weren't too dulled by giggle-dust and orgies to self-reflect. He was astounded, and followed her outside without question, handing off his cup to an equally speechless Argyle as he passed.

thegrin.gif

"Teacher?" she asked absently. "I'm an undecided psychopath. You don't really want me to take you down this path. Not this one. I don't understand myself, let alone the universe. But here, be as it may." She poked Fuh again, idly picking up a handful of gravel from underneath the tree where she sat. "I mean, I suppose you could call me your teacher because I'm going to try teach you things... I've already taught you things. I've taught you to focus..."

Something in her voice had changed, the instability settling on idly repeating things she'd heard.

"I've taught you to observe... you saw Naboo through the Force's eyes..."

Tiana threw the handful of stones up into the air, and they slowly settled down, hovering around his head.

"Now see these through your own eyes. Tell me, what do you see."

She quickly rearranged them into the imaginings of a shape, as she herself couldn't see what she was doing, beyond what the Force let her know. Then she let it fall.

"Now put it back."

spsig.jpg