Naboo

RaveN

The Rogue I exited hyperspace and entered the atmosphere of Naboo, where he met imperial shuttles blocking his route.

"Unidentified shuttle, please tell us your cargo and destination."

Dhan-Jaroe raised an eyebrow, Imperials? Here?

"This ship is not worthy of your time."

"This ship is not worthy of our time."

"It's just an old beat up frigate; it's not a threat." Dhan-Jaroe said, and than the Imp repeated it.

"You may continue."

"You may continue."

The freighter made its way to the farming areas of the planet, away from Theed, where the imperials wouldn't bother to keep patrol.

The ship sat down and Dhan-Jaroe exited with Zane, outside an average sized suburban house.

He made his way into the house, which was dusty.

"It's been... years since i've been here."

Zane dragged a finger across one of the walls, rubbing the dust in between his fingers. He wandered farther into the house, checking it out while listening to whatever his master decided to say about this place. Kenobi didn't seem like the type to be terribly open, which made Zane all the more curious.

"What is this, your childhood home?"

zane35aw.jpg

Sig courtesy of Kayla Mhin, Ex-Jnetter

"I find your lack of pants disturbing"

you're the only one for me, Zane

Zane, ...you blow my...mind

"You bet. I made a few good buddies on the Pro circuit who I still can count on to have my back and stuff. And of course, the woman I went legit for." Zane grinned and held up his left hand, showing a gold and silver two-tone wedding band. "I've been very close to her for a long time. Close enough that I gave up the Pro Circuit for her. It wasn't that she expected it, it's just one of those things I felt was right.

"Why do you ask?" Zane looked over Kenobi's shoulder at the picture frame.

zane35aw.jpg

Dhan-Jaroe buried his face in his hand.

"I was once like you, ya know. A little opposite in pattern, but like you. I left to support her, one thing led to another, and soon, I lost memory of her. I was gone and never sent back word. When she found me in the RJO, she was devestated; she thought I died. Now that she's gone, I wish it were repetition, that she just forgot, and she's still out there somewhere."

He took his own ring out of his pocket and put it in a table, to collect dust.

"She got pregnant, and when she disappeared, so did the baby. I'd give anything to find them, to bring them back, to be with them again."

He wiped the dust off of the frame, to reveal a blonde haired woman.

His eyes got teary again.

"How are the you supposed to rely on me? How can the Jedi? How can the galaxy?"

"I..." Zane studied the face of the blond woman, then back up to his master's tearful face. He thought about how it would feel to lose track of his own beloved wife. He thought seriously about the questions he was posed about Kenobi's fitness to be a Jedi, a Master, a teacher.

"If there's anything I've done in my life, Ken...er, Master Kenobi, it's know the difference between good bets and bad ones. I've got a sense for it, it's as reliable to me as my eyes or my hearing. If my sense tells me that I can count on you, that's all I need.

"I uh...I can't speak for everyone else, but that's me." He quieted down a moment. "Hey, why don't I make you a deal. You show me every trick you know with the Force, I'll call in a favor or two I won awhile back. I don't know how much I can do, but maybe we can get a lead about where she is. No one's entirely invisible, even in this giant universe of ours.

"Sound like a deal?"

zane35aw.jpg

"But what if they are dead? What if I did fail them? If I can't protect the ones that matter to me most, how can I protect star systems full of strangers? How can a person like me lead the Jedi to a bright future? I failed my family twice, and I failed the jedi twice. Hou-Jo said third time's a charm, but what if it isn't? What if I fail Talon, what if I fail the Jedi again?"

He forced himself to his feet and into a chair. He didn't have these problems when he frequented the Last Call.

"Giving up never solved anything." Zane said it so quickly, he didn't realize he said it. He had heard that so many times in his own life, it was a reflex.

"Er..." He scratched the back of his head. "Yeah. But it's really true. I've lived my life playing the game, win or lose, I keep playing. That's all anyone can do, is play, accept their winnings and losings as they come, and play again.

"I guess I'm trying to say what I said before, which is no matter how many times you fall down, you gotta not give up."

zane35aw.jpg

"Or not play, if you don't play, you don't lose."

He sighed and looked around the house.

"I had a kid too, I lost them both Zane. One day, they were gone, i couldn't detect them through the force. I lost a part of me, it's something I can never get back because they are gone! I should've been there for Tera instead of becoming a Jedi. What has being a Jedi done for me? Done for this world we live in? What if Talon needs me to rely on? I couldn't help my wife and child, how can I help my brother?"

"Maybe you need a vacation? Like, if all this responsibility is being too much for you, you should find some place to hide out awhile."

Zane thought a moment. "Yeah why don't you find a vacation spot, somewhere to get focused again. The Ithorian forests and such are great for that I've found; that's where I went on my honeymoon, and I would love to see it again myself.

"I'm sure Talon will survive until you can get refocused."

zane35aw.jpg

Zane smiled. "I'll punch the coordinates in myself, long as we make a quick stop or two along the way. I tell you what, you'll feel a thousand times better once you've walked through those jungles. I found out the hard way to NEVER do anything to their plants, even for a souvenier; those crazy Ithorians, they seem like pacifists but wow, the claws come out." Zane and his master headed back onto the Rogue I and Zane set the computer for Tempay so he could reclaim his ship. Once that was out of the way, they headed for the planet of Ithor.

zane35aw.jpg

Governor Balban's third eye twitches slightly as he angrily reviews a computer read-out concerning recent in-system activity. After a moment, the black uniformed Gran crumples up the read-out, and turns to a nearby crowd of his inferiors.

"You allowed a ship to move past our defenses ”“ why?"

"That ship wasn't deemed a threat, Governor."

"Oh? Here are your new orders ”“ blast any ship that enters the system. And mobilize our Gungan forces ”“ have them patrol every last sector of this world."

"Yes, Governor."

• 2 months later...

Xander Spacelight did his best to understand the terrified Gungan in front of him.

"Yesyes, Theed-people, da strange ships land and take Gungan brothers away. Their ships land at border of forests. We reward Theed-people greatly if help get brothers back" the Gungan spoke against a bunch of people.

Xander Spacelight walked out of the ranks of the people.

"I'm Xander Spacelight, I'll help you, what kind of people were they?"

The Gungan looked relieved.

"Me not know, but many like you"

Xander couldn't keep himself from smiling. He raised his eyebrows a little and looked at the Gungan like he was very silly.

"You mean humans?" he asked.

"Yes" the Gungan said, shaking his head wildly"

"Ok, lets' go then... Anyone else with me?" Xander looked around. He hoped more people would come with him.

"We must throw all available droids, into battle!"

hate.gif

Dissappointed Xander looked away from the croud again.

"Seems like no one else wants to help you gungans... Well seems like I'll have to do this one my own... how many of them were there?" he asked.

The Gungan tried to count on his fingers, and he almost stabbed his eyes out.

"Missa count round ten bandit, most armed with vibbo-weapons" he said.

"Vibro-weapons" Kennin corrected.

"Yessa, vibbo-weapons, three or so got blaster"

Kennin checked if his pistols were in good shape. He'd need them.

"It could've been worse... can't you gungans help me a hand?" Kennin asked.

"Nono! If bandit see me they kill gungan brothers!" The gungan almost panicked.

"Quiet quiet! Just bring me close enough to their ships and I'll see what I can do..." -and then, quite loud, towards the croud- "And I hope someone will be brave enough to come and help me"

After throwing one last look on the people he started following the gungan again.

"Follow missa, ehh-"

"Call me Xan"

"Ok Zan"

Xander rolled with his eyes and started following the gungan.

hate.gif

The young woman stepped down from the refugee shuttle, taking her first steps on the green planet. She'd read the history texts and had always wanted to visit the home of Luke and Leia's natural mother, Padme Amidala. Looking around she thought to herself, "This is where it all began."

Lora tilted her head back, looking up at the clear blue, cloudless sky. She breathed in the fresh air deeply, having become too accustomed to the recycled ship air of the refugee ships. It seemed like she had been running from something but not quite knowing what. Her silent thoughts continued, "Where can I learn what I need to know? Why did I feel compelled to come here? Who is it I'm supposed to meet?"

She picked up her meager belongings and carried the bag to the hotel that she was told about by one of her fellow travellers. She would base herself there while she travelled to the places the history texts had mentioned. Lora checked into her room, leaving her belongings there while she went for a walk outside in the sunshine. It was much to nice a day to stay indoors. She headed towards the lake that she could see off in the distance.

Lora.jpg

http://forums.jedi.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=591707#591707

J.O.A.T (Jack of all trades)... Firrerreo - Lorranne Karrade

They had been walking for quite a long time by now. The gungan and Xander reached the swamp. Suddenly the gungan stopped.

"Gotta watch outta now, Zan, becoma veeery dangerous now... Bandits very closa now. You see ships?"

Xander looked with his eyes half closed.

"Yes, barely... they've landed their ships in that open part there, but we should watch out, maybe they set out a-"

"Aaah!" the gungan shouted as he ducked away when suddenly an ugly alien with deformed ears, large teeth and green skin jumped out of a bush. In his hands was a vibro spear. Xander managed to turn around in time. The alien stabbed his spear down at Xander, who jumped aside. The edge of the weapon was buried into the ground. Before the alien could pull it out of the ground Xander kicked it against the head. The alien was kicked backwards and fell. Xander took one of his pistols and fired it at the alien when he tried to get up. The laser hit the beast in the chest, killing it instantly. Xander spat.

"Space pirates"

The gungan got up with big eyes. He eyed the dead alien.

"Youssa bomvet"

"Thank you... but I don't know if I'll have that much luck against ten of them..."

He looked at the alien and found a droid blaster at the aliens' side.

"He must have found this somewere in the woods. Anyway, I'll make good use of it"

The gungan took the vibro spear. Xander jumped backwards, fearing the gungans' clumsyness.

"Be carefull with that thing, and stay here, wait untill I come back" Xander said.

"Yessa, me no problem" the gungan said, but forgot to hold his spear while talking and accidentally dropped it. Xander sighed and walked into the forest.

He crept between the trees and soon found the pirates' camp. There were three withered and modified old A-wing fighters, and one small transport ship. Xander counted three of the green aliens like the first and six humans. Three were guarding some gungans, the others were sitting around a fire. Xander knew this wouldn't be easy.

hate.gif

The Star Gazer exited hyperspace and landed down next to the aging house.

As they walked in, Dhan-Jaroe noticed where he and Zane had stirred up dust previously, and down at his wedding band laying on the table.

"I left here... to get money to support you, to find my family. And what happened because of that? Over a decade later, and maybe we can be together. Maybe the force forbids it, but... too bad what the will of the force says. I don't want to be a politician any more... I don't want to be tied to the Jedi anymore, all I want... all I need... is you..."

He used the force, someone hypocritically after that speach, to pull his wedding band to him and he handed it to TLK.

"Will you re-marry me Tera-Lee Marie?"

As DJK spoke, tears welled up in her eyes again. "Dhan, I never had a day go by where I didn't think of you... to say no, would be a dumb move on my part."

Maybe this would work out. Maybe things could be as they were for the short time on Acrid. The reunion on Rafa V wasn't like the last, as they remembered each other through the years, and all the sadness and hurt just melted away.

guns.jpg

Xander crept closer untill he had a good cover, an enormous tree that had stood for decades, one even the Trade Federations' vehicles didn't manage to get down. He took the droid blaster tight in his hands. If he could distract the pirates the gungans would probably also be able to fight.

I have a bad feeling about this...

He jumped from behind the tree and opened fire. One of the men was hit in the back and fell. Before they could look Xander was behind the tree again.

"You three, stay with the gungans, we will go check it out..."

Xander heard the noise of weapons being taken and feet stepping closer and closer. Somehow Xander felt one of the green aliens was going to come around the tree. He quickly dived forward. The vibro spears whizzed past, but instead of hitting and killing the intented target, Xander, the two spears struck a companion, one that had had the same goal as the other. The alien and the man fell down, vibro spears plunged deep into their chests. Three were still in the forest, the others were guarding the gungans.

Xander quickly got in. Adrenaline pulsed through his veins. Suddenly something told him to raise his blaster. One of the space pirates jumped from behind a tree, blaster in hand. Xander was faster and fired the man in the chest. The pirate fell backward with a loud scream, dead. Then suddenly lasers flew past. The two remaining. They missed. Xander noticed the last of the green aliens and a space pirate, both armed with blasters, aim to shoot at Xander again. He quickly fired back to buy timen but it was badly aimed and he missed. Xander quickly rolled to the side, back behind the tree. He raised on one knee and opened fire again, missed, and ducked behind the tree again. When he was about to look around the tree that strange feeling suddenly warned him again. He rolled away from the tree quickly. A vibro sword was plunged deep into the ground. Before the space pirate could do anything Xander had taken one of his pistols, wich was much lighter and easier to raise, and fired upwards several times untill the space pirate fell.

He got up and had to find cover behind the tree quickly, as the alien and the pirate opened fire again. Xander fired back and then hid behind the tree again. He did this often, but suddenly he had a plan. Instead of shooting back at the left side of the tree he appeared at the right side. He surprised both the alien as the space pirate and with three well-aimed shots he managed to take them out. Now there were only two left, at the gungans. Xander felt weird tough, something seemed to be taking the upper hand of him. The lights didn't shine through the trees as it had done before, he didn't hear all the animals anymore. He felt the urge to kill. To destroy.

Kennin stormed out of the forest. He had his pistols in both of his hands and fired at the two remaining guards with the vibro-swords relentlessley. First their armour could hold the relatively weak blasts, but then it got through and the men fell to the ground. Xander put his pistols back. It was over. Everything returned. He was panting. The gungans were all chained. It were about ten, and they looked very much like warriors. Xander freed them.

"Youssa bigga bomvet" the head gungan said.

"Thank you, one of your kin brought me here... I think he's over there" Xander pointed towards the direction were he had left the gungan, and the gungan suddenly appeared.

"Youssa did it!" the gungan shouted and happily ran toward Xander, but accidentally bumped his head against one of the A-wings and fell down unconcious.

hate.gif

'A dumb move on her part' ... not the best line to use, but she probably picked it up from me.

He grinned and put his ring back on.

"Tera, it's been a long time... and things will be different, but different doesn't mean worse. I was seventeen when we met... I was looking for work and I was hired to be a bodyguard for this 'little girl'. When I got inside I was barley able to speak. Maybe it was suprise, maybe it was your eyes... those eyes..."

"You told me you wouldn't need me, that you could take care of yourself just fine." He leaned closer to her face.

"I remember frowning, I hadn't even gotten your name yet..."

He didn't give her a chance to answer, he moved his lips to hers and kissed her.

Tera smiled as she remembered the first time she had met Dhan-Jaroe.... She was so sure of herself then, now, she realised how much she actually needed him and wanted him..... she listened to his voice....

"I remember frowning, I hadn't even gotten your name yet..." ....

With his lips on hers, she just melted into his body. Returning the kiss, she wrapped her arms around DJK's neck. He possessed her mind, body and soul, and if she ever left her again or anything of the sort, she would die. Tera wanted him to hold her forever, never letting go.

She wanted things to be different, but at the same time, somethings she wanted to remain the same, such as their love (or for it to grow...). Though, she agreed with Dhan-Jaroe about things would be different, as they now had a seven year old daughter, which they didn't have before.

guns.jpg

Dhan-Jaroe buried his head into her shoulder and auidbly cried.

"It's just... hard to believe... I... I don't want to let go." He forced a laugh.

"It should've been better, but you... you had to see me do that horrible act, I killed..." He let go of her slowly, reluctantly... And looked in the other direction.

"What about Em? Is she to become a jedi?"

Watching DJK turn away from her she replied, "She's your daughter as well. You have some say in her life... just as much as I do. I was hoping that she might be, but maybe it's not the life for her. I'm not sure..."

Sighing, she began to walk through the house, disgusted at how long she had been away. Seven years the house sat, unlived in, and dusty. She ran her hand along some of the surfaces and wrote her name in it. Shaking her head, she brushed her hands together, getting the particles off of them.

Wandering around, she went into the other rooms and into the room Emm had gone. They all needed to be cleaned and re-done. It had taken her 3 years to get settled in the house of Wayland, and now, she had to do it again. Hiring droids was her plan. Of course, the young girl would help, as usual. "Such a joy." Tera-Lee smiled at the sleeping child. Leaving, she went into the master bedroom. She decided to bring the stuff in from the ship and then deal with the mess in the morning.

guns.jpg

The next morning Tera-Lee found DJK on the back porch looking at the sunrise.

"I remember the house you lived in when we met... it was very big, i hated it. I'm glad you decided to move to some place smaller. Mm... we were 18 than..." He turned around to face her. "You didn't sleep at all..."

"Neither did you." She didn't say it, but she might as well have.

"Mmm... I don't think I'd be able to stay asleep, it would be a ludacris concept my mind can't understand right now. Em on the other hand seems to be sleeping... not as well as she normally does... I can feel that much." He turned back towards the yard again. "Talon could train her... she'd be with family while she was being trained, and there would at least be that much for her..." He looked down at his hand, at his ring. "Tera..." he turned back around "I never said it enough... but I do love you."

Tera-Lee smiled as she slide infront of him andleaned against his body. "I know. I know that you love me, and you know that I love you. With all my heart. Wow... I haven't been able to say that to you in almost a decade. Sort of sad, in a way..." Sighing, she closed her eyes and listened to his heart beat.

Thinking about E-J she answered, "Talon.... hmm. Haven't seen in over eight-ish years... not since Acrid. Would he do it? I would like to watch her grow, and trusting her to a family member would be nice." Laughing softly, "My baby girl... trained... and to think I thought I had a chance with the Force. I'm stuck with the basics.... she'll one day tease me, no doubt." Laughing again she turned to face Dhan-Jaroe.

"She's like you, you know. Brave and strong, though, I think she has my stubborness. She's obedient, but stubborn." Gazing into his eyes, she put her arms around him and pulled him into a kiss.

guns.jpg

Dhan-Jaroe wrapped his amrs around her shoulders. "Are you calling me obedient?" He laughed and rested his head on hers gently. "I remember when I had applied for the job... the guy that was hiring your body guard... didn't like me. In fact, no one around here did, because I was from the city... from Coruscant..." They shared a light hearted chuckle. "Everything that first day was quiet, and the thing I remember most was your golden hair and your bright blue eyes... those eyes that gave me strength to lean on all these years."

The Lake area was beautiful and Lora was glad she had come here first. Crystal clear water as far as the eye could see, islands scattered here and there around the Lake. She took her boots off, wandering along the water's edge, feeling the sand between her toes as she made her way along the shore.

There was so much life here, a very tranquil place. She found herself under the shade of the trees that lined the waters edge, sitting above the waterline but close enough to keep her feet in the shallow water that lapped the shore. She just sat and let her thoughts flow where they would.

Lora.jpg

http://forums.jedi.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=591707#591707

J.O.A.T (Jack of all trades)... Firrerreo - Lorranne Karrade

"Strength... something I was running very low on for so many years. Why'd you take it? The job. I kind of suprised you put up with me and my 'I'm-so-invincible' attitude." Shaking her head she laughed.

She really had thought that she was invincible. That nothing could make her waiver, until she met DJK. Once he came into her life, it sort of fell apart and rebuilt itself. He had helped her with the loss of her other family members, and had even attempted to find Jonathan, her older brother. Coming back to the present time, she heard a small yawn come from behind them.

Emily-Jade stood in the doorway and just stared at her parents. Walking towards them she looked a little sad. Noticing, Tera went to the girl. "Emm, everything ok?"

Shrugging, she just stared out into the open. After a few minutes, she replied "I miss Home."

guns.jpg