Space

Ary the Grey

She smiled genuinely. "Well, even if you did become longwinded, I really wouldn't mind. I have a tendency to that myself..."

She sighed, and returned her attention to the viewscreen. "Look," she began again, "this might seem a little impulsive. But I have the strangest feeling that we're going to be around each other for a very long time. So I might as well tell you about myself."

Taking a deep breath, she began.

"I was born on Chad, the sea-world that's the home of the Chadra-Fans. My parents died when I was very young: there was a disease that only humans were susceptible to, and it was spreading along the main continent, which unfortunately we lived on. My parents were farmers...only they didn't work with plants. They worked with sea creatures. I had two sisters...one of whom turned to the Sith, and eventually a confrontation was forced, and I - I killed her. Which, after, I turned to the Sith...but that's a longer story for another time. The other sister I have yet to find...she was much older than I, and left when I was very young. I still have dreams about her...she was beautiful, and strong...but I'm getting off the point.

"When I got old enough to be out on my own, I worked in the depths of the research stations on Chad until I saved up enough to buy myself this ship. And trust me," she added, "it wasn't cheap. Then I flew to Almania, and established a Rogue Squadron base at 15. I met a man - you may have heard of him, he is a Jedi - by the name of Talon Flick, and through him a man named Michael Searcy, the one we ran into back in the Last Call." She snorted, a bit of irony entering her mind. Irony, and another touch of painful reminiscence.

"Talon Flick, as I said, was a Jedi. He'd trained Searcy, and Searcy, over time, took me as a Padawan Apprentice. As I grew to know Searcy and Flick a bit better, I alternated pleading with them to take me back to my homeworld - the Traitor's Hope was broken down. We went, in the aftermath and midst of many different happenings.There - I got to know them both a little better, but Talon Flick had to leave on a mission for the Jedi Council. And, the situation being what it was, Searcy and I left alone - on a sea world with the most romantic sunsets you could ever ask for - what else was there to do? He fell in love with me, and I fancied myself in love with him. But I wasn't...I was lying to myself the whole time." Through the determination in her voice, Ish could almost sense that she was trying to convince herself. "WE planned the wedding...had everything ready. But Liana - that's my younger sister - was waiting for me. After a forced confrontation with her, I gave into my anger, slew her, fleeing from Searcy and a wounded Flick and made my way to the Sith base on Aracoun Morion. I began instruction under Sith Master Bishop of Battle, whose hatred insured that I was fully under his control.

"I'd been there for a while when I began to sense that it was not for me...all the hatred, and the pain, and the denial. I'm too tenderhearted for that...as you'll probably come to find...but I'd finally found a place where I belonged. Who cared about morals?" She forced a smile.

"After taking apart the lightsaber I'd made for myself, he made the crystal into a necklace and gave it to me as a memento of my turning completely from the Jedi order. It was the crystal Searcy had given me, the crystal that was to be set in my wedding ring." With a private little smile, she added, "And I really am still too young to even think about getting married. After training for a while, I was brought into a high council of Sith Lords...the very assembly of which you could feel the Dark Side's embodiment in. Raynuk Montar, JGoD, Lord Ar-Pharazon, Tarrian Skywalker, Rocketblaze, and my master - a powerful mixture of deadly enemies. I wish I would have slaughtered them when I had the chance.

Their plans orchestrated an attack upon the Jedi base at Sullust. The attack, which I was to use to prove my full use of the dark energies of the Force, ensued, yet the Jedi called reinforcements. Jedi Master - you should have at least heard of him - Adi-Wan Tinova's summoned me - I know not yet how he was able to know me so thoroughly so quickly - and I turned back to the light. I would have become his apprentice, but I remained on Sullust by some accident, and I've not been able to find him since. I made my way to the Last Call, and there I found you. And now we go to Manaan."

She looked down at her hands. "There are, of course, more details to the story, but I'm boring you," she laughed nervously.

53bzzl2.png

...why are the pretty ones always the most hazardous to your health?

May the Forth therve you well...

Ish's laughter filled the room he and Jaina were in aboard the ship. "I can't say that you are boring me at all. It is interesting to hear from someone much more written in the story of their life than me."

"Pardon me for inquiring, but do you think Searcy could follow us at all, or do you think he could have at least planted a homing device on your hull," asked Ish with an inquisitive yet troubled look on his face.

ish2hh6.jpg

Aussie-American Connection Since June 04

Most Sacred order of the Nocturnal

Wuju38: GIVE ME BAKED GOODS!

She shook her head and frowned slightly. "I highly doubt it. I did a microjump in one direction and recalculated the navigational points to get us back on course. I also did a thorough check in Coruscant's atmosphere AND in hyperspace for homing devices...just in case it was one of those triggered ones. But no, I think we're safe. and if he did follow us somehow..." she shrugged. "We could probably deal with it."

Leaning back in the pilot's chair, she threw Ish an abbreviated grin. "You'll have to come to my knighting ceremony on Manaan. It'll be interesting."

53bzzl2.png

((No question marks on my keyboard because of the foreign version of windows i'm using....i'll change it to an english version soon, so i appologize again.))

"So is that an invite," asked Ish. Before Jaina could answer Ish said "I didn't know they allowed others in to view the ceremony....to tell you the truth I wasn't sure how somone would get knighted. Jaina just seemed content to listen to Ish ramble a bit though as she gave him only a half smile.

"I am sorry, I'm getting a bit ahead of myself," with a koy laugh.....He went quiet and stared out the window at space as they were rushing along through it.

Ish quickly shifted gears and gained a serious demeanor. He turned back to Jaina. " You know, it seems like this is the only way to get through life right now....like we are doing....by rushing through hyperspace.....well rushing at least," Ish said hesitantly. "I was rushed around in the academy with training....which wasn't bad because i was eager to have a hands on approach, but running from the imperials and sith and whomever else is after the Jedi. The new academy is hidden, but who knows for how long. It doesn't seem right."

Ish could feel Jaina passing a bit closer to him, but he could indeed feel her directly by him in another way.

ish2hh6.jpg

Aussie-American Connection Since June 04

Most Sacred order of the Nocturnal

Wuju38: GIVE ME BAKED GOODS!

Nervously, anxiously, she continued.

"Well, I don't exactly know how it'll be conducted...I don't even know if they'll bother to hold one. But..." She swiveled her chair to face him. "If I am knighted, even self-knighted...I've been wanting to take an apprentice." She left the statement blank, though she could feel the confusion, the expectation swirling around in his mind. It was a very open feeling: almost assuredly he hadn't been trained on how to block out his thoughts from others. It was exhilarating...

...a slow deceleration indicated they were on approach to Manaan.

"Oh, finally," Jaina said, relieved. "Why don't you take the copilot's seat and I'll take her in."

(To Manaan. We can continue the discussion there.)

53bzzl2.png

As Mike Attard sits down, Rane Scando nods to a member of the command crew, and then turns to his fellow bounty hunter. As Attard speaks, the Imperial Star Destroyers jumps into hyperspace.

"Time to make some money."

Patch proceeded to the armourer and picked up his gear. He quickly put on his armor and holstered his weapons as he arrived at the bridge, panting heavily, Patch spoke.

"Sorry guys, I'm ready"

As the Bloodlust escaped the gravity well projected by the planet Tatooine, Balos Krathe pulled up a set of coordinates on the navicomputer and punched them in. The Bloodlust jumped to hyperspace...

Nom took a deep breath as he started to trace his thoughts back to his journy into the depths of Ilum. It was so vivid in his mind, he could remember it very well. He could recall every feeling, every thought, and he could even remember what the cave had smelt like.

Is the force the reason why I can remember this so well?

Nom had tapped into its power several times during the construction of his lightsaber. Heck, he even used the force before he actually started to build his weapon.

Nom snaped back to reality as he remembered that he had a job to do. Nom then started to repeat everything he wanted to say to himself. After having his speech ready, Nom tapped into the force once more just as he did back on Ilum. He collected his words and focused on sending them to Mathis. He opened his eyes and saw his master starring back at him. Mathis didn't say anything, Nom took that as a sign that his attempted had failed.

Nom closed his eyes again and readied himself for another attempt. He only made one slight change. He decided to tap into the force first and then go over what he wanted to say in his mind. The force came even quicker to Nom as he dove into its power. It was just becoming eaiser and eaiser every time he tried. With the power of the force surrounding him, he started to think of every detail of his journey.

It was almost like Nom could see his thoughts through the force, he commanded the force to take those thoughts to his master. Nom opened his eyes and looked at his master and waited to see if his second attempt was a success.

nom2.jpg

Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical

- Blaise Pascal

A few systems outside of the Coruscant star system, a lone Star Destroyer came out of hyperspace. From it's main hangar, it disgorged four ships, Patch's modified TIE Defender, Rane's Shadow Rider and Tekkan's Harmatia and Mike's Shadow Strike. The total number of occupants of the four ships equalling 19. Four Elite mercenaries, and fifteen of the most elite troops the Hutt's had to offer.

The four ships formed up in a loose formation, aimed towards Coruscant. With for consecutive flickers of psuedomotion, the four ships jumped into hyperspace.

BHMikebanner1.jpg

A Sith Infiltrator by the name of the Strife IV exited the atmosphere of Ilum. At the controls was jedi knight Keiran Valoria with his apprentice, Onderin Starlisk. Keiran ran a scan for homing devices or followers, after recieving a negative on the scanner, Keiran blasted off into hyperspace, headed for Manaan.

siggggy5ko.jpg

The Titan Eagloe hurtles through hyper space. The starts had become lines around it instead of points. Inside two individuals sat and talked. The ship had been set on a long routefrom Manaan to Corellia. The pilot had done so to allow for more time to train his apprentice.

Leo unbuckles his crash webbing and nods to Tiana to do the same. They head to a large room with two pads on the floor. Around the room were also ancient weapons, new weapons, and pictures of a family, Leos. His father, mother, aunt, uncle, and grandparents. In the middle was Mara. Loe liked to look at the picture everytime he walked through the ship. It gave him hope that there werestill decent people out there.

"Here we will train in listening tothe Force. The Forceis always with us. It flows through everything and everyone. It is always present. It is also always talking to us. Telling us the right path for each and everyone of us. But for some it doesnot flow through them as much as others. That is why some people are Force-sensitive and others are not. Also the Force flows through some people strongly, but does not always speak to them very much. Like some Jedi, they are strong masters of the Force, but they do not listen to the Force. And it makes them weaker. I have learned a lot about the Force. Mostly when I perished in my fight against my former Sith Master. that is when I learned there is no dark or light side of the Force. That is also when the Force spoke stronglyto me. Letting me know its wishes. What it wanted me to do. I will teach this to you now. Let us sit down where it is more comfortable."

Leo sits down on the pads as does Tiana. Leo could feel hermind absorbing all the information he was telling her. Even themost minute and trivial thing, she was piecingit over andstoring it away. He was amazed at her ability to comprehend so much information so fast. He had his work cut out for him.

"The Force speaks to us through our hearts and minds. It most truly speaks from our heart becuaseour minds have wants and desires thatcan influence what the Force is telling us. I always try and listen from my heart, butit is harder to make out through the cluster of what our brain interprets. So you must learn to quiet oyour mind and begin listening to your heart. Now closeyour eyes. Think about nothing but your heart and the Force. And after youhave a clear picture of that. Stop thinking and start listening. You may feel things instead of hear them. After a few minutes, tell me what youeither hear of feel."

Leo closes his eyes and begins to quiet his own mind. It had been awhile since he had donethis exercise. He decides this was something he and his apprentice could share. Something unique to her own training. He quiets hismind and begins listening to the Force's will.

asdfgcopy.jpg

Tiana closed her eyes, and breathed in for a moment. Keeping her mind clear was never easy, as she was always wondering, always thinking about everything, and always storing in information, as she had a rather good memory. Think about nothing but my heart, and the Force... listen to what is within.

Her mind was very cluttered up, as usual. One of the other Jedi, she didn't remember who, he was the one working on training the hopefuls before the attack had commented that she needed to quiet her mind. She had suceeded to do it, after a few tries, but there were less people here, less Force signatures to distract her away from falling actually inot a meditive state.

But to do something that was... well... something that made her stop thinking, and actually listen to herself, it was difficult. Tiana was used to listening to other people, and just staying out of the way, or talking. To listen to something within her... that was different. There were always thoughts in the way, as she began to focus on her heart, and the Force within. To listen to the Force's will, and whatever it would do to guide her. She came to the realization that if she had been able to focus earlier, when she had felt that pulling towards Leo, she probably would've found him earlier.

Her thoughts were on that, at the moment-- she pushed that away, and let herself focus only on her heart, and the Force, not the thoughts that cluttered her mind. Letting that go was a challenge, it was in a manner like to letting go of a rope when hanging on a mountainside, standing on a thin ledge to freeclimb the mountain.

She realized that Leo was also focusing on the Force, as she dropped her thoughts, and let the Force fill her. Then she listened to the Force... she felt it there, clearly, everywhere, surrounding everything, and everyone. She felt the planets, and the stars around them... the entire galaxy was there, all bound by the Force, all connected as one living thing, all the people, places, things. Everything. Even the ship beneath them.

Tiana gasped slightly as she jerked out of the trance. The feeling of everything being there, and all held together by the Force was so overwhelming. She took a moment to breath before shifting herself, as the realization that her feet were falling asleep came into mind.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

Leo opened his eyes as he felt Tiana makea connecxtion with the Force and actually feel it. He knew what it was like the first time you made contact with the Force. He had never been able to experienceas fully as his apprentice would becuase of who trained him, but he did know what it felt like. It felt like being born again into a new world.

"I know what you felt. I felt the same things when I first made the connection. You have taken your first step into a much larger world. Feeling things through the Force is what seems to give the Jedi their ability to deflect blaster bolts with a lightsaber, dodge thrown objects, and sense when someone is coming up behind him. Butyou have to use your other senses in conjunction with the Force. There are ways out there to stop us from using the Force. We must know how to use our other senses to help us in those times of dire need. But we will work on more direct sensing for another time. Now we will work on combat some more."

Leo had felt what she had done, and he knew what she eopxected. Heknew she thought they would do more with sensing things in the Force. But he had decided to work with something he had learned when he was younger. He walks over to a cabinet and places his hands on a sword before walking to a locked and unlocking it. He pulls out another sword.

"This sword was given to me bt a friend the day I started my training. He soon left and I have yet to find him to return it. But we will use it for now. I saw that youknow how to use a staff back on Manaan, but can you use a sword as well? I was taught how to sword fight and fence when I was around ten years old. I think I can teach youas well as my instructors did. Maybe better. Now in defense, there are three rings around the body in which you use to block. The outer-most ring consists of upper-right, lower-right, upper-left, and lower-left. The hilt will end up wide from your body with the tip pointed in to the middle. these will be usedto stop the powerful sweeping blows that take a little longer to deliver. The middle ring involves the four guard positions of upper, lower, left, and right. 'The hilt will be held parallel to the grounjd in upper and lower, and perpendicular at left and right. It is used to stop quicker blowsand deflect blasterbolts. The inner ringis used to parry instead of block. Use this to stop the opponents blade and quickly stab to the chest."

Leo hopeshe hasnot gotten to complex for his apprentice, knowing he had to memorize these lessons or best be humiliated in front of his whole familyand friends. She only had to worry about messing up in front of him. He walks overand grabs two suits designed to stop blades from cutting the body. He picks up two helmets and dones one himself. He hands the other to Tiana.

"Lets begin shall we. I will start by attacking and you should defendon the outer ring. I learned without the use of the Force. you have an edge I was not welcome to at the time. Use it well my very young apprentice."

Leo circles his padawan and begin delivering sweeping motions. They were powerful, yet controlled enough that he could stop them should she falter. He knew she would do well. she seemelike she was able to think very well on her feet. He was suprised he had not felt her presence on Manaan when he first searched for an apprentice. But the Force was teaching him even then. Even older, moreexperienced ones makemistakes that younger ones can see.

asdfgcopy.jpg

Tiana held the sword in front of her. Having older brothers, she had learned things like that, to a degree, though not really actual fencing, or sword play. The weight did not bother her, though the staff she had used earlier was more like the fencing rods she had used against her brother, the sword gave her more control, really. The fact that he had learned to sword fight without the use of the Force startled her a bit... she had thought that he would've been trained since he was young, but accepted that, as she got her focus on the blade. The suit he had given her bothered her slightly-- Tiana being used to acting without any level of protection against siblings.

He circled her, using a larger sweeping motion, as apposed to a more inside attack-- the sweeping style slightly reminded her of Jedi, when they were deflecting Blaster bolts, though not.

Defence on the outer ring... the other part of the blade. As she moved to deflect his first blow, parrying it over in a sweep, she quickly noticed that with that defence, she was using a less direct blade, with her arm away from her body-- the outer ring keeping the blade at an angle. But it also protected her one side more then if she had been using the middle, or inner ring to defend. With this defencive, she was able to parry his blows nearly efortly. At least for now... Leo was moving fairly fast, but yet not trying to harm her, just make her move.

The sweeping motions were much like her brother had used, so she knew how to defend against them... and with the outer ring defence, she was in a fairly good position to deflect any blows that could've knocked her down, though it took a bit of focus, being as Leo was very skilled with the sword. Tiana hadn't expected to have a master who was skilled with the sword, but she was fine with that... swords were one thing that fasinated her.

Tiana continued to block his moves, which were getting faster, and closer to hitting her, as Leo was learning her basic defence style. He was good, that was one thing she had to admit, as she continued to block.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

Leo quickly changes angles with his blade twisting it around and making the hilts meet. He had learnedthis trick when he was around 14. He flipshis wrist sending the othersword flying into a cabinet on the wall. The sword lands right on the rack where it is supposed to go. Leo swwpes his foot and down and trips his apprentice, landing her on her back. He then swpins and pointes the blade at her chest.

"Sorry about that. Got kind of into it. Now that we have had a little exercise, we can get back to sensing things with the Force. Reach out and tell me what is on the table second from the right in my room. I already know what it is, so do not try and latch onto my feelings on it."

Leo had been impressed with her ability to keep up with him in the fighting. He knew eventually she would be better than he was.

asdfgcopy.jpg

Tiana had been handling his attacks fairly well until Leo swun his blade around, causing the hilts to meet. With a flick of his wrist, and a quick change of direction, he was able to pull the blade from her looser grip-- she never held a weapon too tightly, she had learned quickly that that caused her palms to sweat, and that in turn, made her lose her grip, stinging her hands with the lose of the handle. Her choice of grip had worked against her there, as he swiped his foot under her, and tripped her. Tiana found herself flat on her back, with his blade pointed at her chest, as she looked up at her master. She had never quite appreciated being in such position, with no way to escape a possible enemy there.

Leo said that he was sorry, as he moved his blade, and Tiana stood back up. Thinking over the last few years with her brother, she suddenly realized that he was the first person to actually get her down in a while. She realized that she must've gotten better than she thought, swordplaying with her brother.

Tiana listened to what he told her to do, and nodded. It was an interesting challenge-- to see something, without actually seeing it. She closed her eyes, and reached out, towards the room. She knew where it was, which room he was talking about, but the door had been closed when she walked by it once, so she didn't have that memory to help her. Clearing her mind, and focusing as he had told her to once, when she was to listen to the Force, she reached out to the room. ((Has to addlib, you didn't tell me what it was, Leo!))

She found the table, and almost jerked out of the concentration with the realization that she was actually using the Force to see something that wasn't there for her to see. The table... one chair beside it... there's a wall... two walls... Tiana felt around the room, trying to locate the top of the table-- her thoughts were not as focused as they could've been, not having trained for very long. After a moment, she located the table, at least, she thought that it was the table. It might've been a desk too that she had loctated to have something on it. There was a lamp off to one side... it felt very much like one, anyhow, a datapad sitting on it, and a disk.

She shook herself from the Force-trance, and looked over at her master. "I can somewhat feel a datapad in there, but I'm not to sure whether it's on the table, or not," she replyed. She knew that he probably by now had guessed that she was quicker at thinking on her feet, rather then using the Force to sense things. That would be what she would have to work on then, she decided, as she waited for an answer.

spsig.jpg

The Shadow Rider rockets through hyperspace, heading first to a location known only to the members of the Elite Mercenary Unit, and then on to Bespin.

Keeping his eyes closed for a moment longer, Mathis feels some sort of undescribable joy start to build within him. Finally, one of his students had met his expectations, and would soon become a Knight.

As these thoughts run through Mathis's head, his first apprentice springs to the front of his mind. Joel... Ashamed that he had not checked on Joel when they were on Manaan, Mathis makes a quick decision.

Standing up, he motions for Nom to go down on one knee. Taking Nom's lightsaber, Mathis looks at it for a moment before turning to Nom.

"Nom, the time has come where I cannot teach you anything else. I now declare you a Knight in the Jedi Order."

Bringing the unignited saber down, he touches it first to Nom's left shoulder, then his right, and then to his head.

Rise, Jedi Knight Nom Anorus.

Handing the saber back, Mathis puts his hands in his sleeves as he imparts his final advice as mentor.

Nom, your path is your own, and nobody elses. Let no-one else tell you differently, or try and sway you from what you know is right. You know how to learn from your mistakes, and that is something that will make you more powerful than the others. If you ever need my assistance for anything, you will be able to find me. I know you will make me proud.

The Mathrick descends to the Jedi base.

mathis-1.jpg

"Very close, but no death-stick. I meant a disk, but two items were on the table. You were ableto sense both items I could tell, butyouchoseto speak about the larger of the two. That in itself is a lesson. Do not always look for the large action to make your move. IOt could be the smallest of items or actions that is the most important. Anyway. We are close to Corellia by now. When we land, I wantyouto find our hotel. It is called Hotel Ericson. It was my fathers before he was killed. He left it to me in his will along with his company and finances. I also do not believe in forsaking my wealth becuase I am a Jedi either. It has been forever since I was last here. When I was 15 think. when we get there I will register our room andsomespeeders for us."

A warning light comes on along with a blaring siren warning the Master and Apprentice of their close proximity to Corellia. Leo walks to the pilots seat using the Force to prepares the clearance codes to his personal docking bay. As they stars become points again, Leo pushes the throttle so they are heading breakneck toward the landing bay. He had always enjoying flying against nature. always putting his life on the line everytime. But he was not doing his usualy reckless manuevers since he had his Apprentice with him. As he reaches the docking bay, he suddenly reverse thrusts and comesin for a nice soft landing.

"Nothing to it. I will teach you some piloting as well. There is more to this man than meets the eye. Now find our hotel my apprentice."

Leo delves into the Force and pulls their bags out and into a taxi speeders trunk. He gets in and tells the pilot that his apprentice will be driving.

"Yes Master Leo."

Leo gets in the passenger seat beside his apprentice and they take off for the hotel.

asdfgcopy.jpg

Kandor Fett awoke. He was in a Star Destroyer. The Black Sun must have cloned him. But how had they fared? How was the battle? Considering he was not in the Citadel probably not well.

He thought of the Night of Vengeance right away. He leaned forward and stood up. When he placed his hands on the bed it felt wierd. He had real, biological hands again. He shook his head.

He stared at a doctor for a moment, realizing that now he looked like Jango Fett and not as he usually did. He felt blind and vulnerable without his battlearmor, which he rarely removed. He sighed.

He grabbed a comlink from the table besides him and commed his droid that served as his copilot, finder, and gunner. He was relived when 2277 answered, "Where are you?"

"The ship is crashed, Master," Twenty-two answered calmly.

"Why didn't you take off from the hangar when it started to go?" he said, frustrated, his voice sounding wierd even to his own ears without his helmet.

"I couldn't, Master," it said rejectedly, "I owe you an apology."

Kandor couldn't help but smile, "How bad is the damage? Are my weapons and replacemant armor intact?"

"Master, the only damage is minor to the inside, though rather bad on the outside. All your effects are still in fuctioning order," twenty-two answered jubilantly.

Fett gave a sigh of relief. It would only take about two days to repair, he knew. He would have his armor and weapons back in no time. "Twenty-two," he said, "Start the repairs and send out an encoded tracking signal to this signal." He sent the signal of the commlink he was using.

Kandor turned to the doctor, "If Piccolo inquired, tell him that I have a bit of recovery to do. I'll be back at the fleet in before long."

He started for the door, but hesitated, "You are one of very few to have seen my face unmasked. You will tell no one, and no recordings will be made. You will now delete the tapes on the cameras recording the actions in this room." The doctor agreed, not wanting to argue with a man who had been killed three days ago.

Kandor headed down to a deserted hangar and took a shuttle from it. He soon blasted into hyperspace, headed for Coruscant and the armor that would again claim him as ShadowFett, the Mandalorian Bounty Hunter and Operative of Black Sun.

As Luthis and the newly repaired the Armada came out of hyperspace, they found the Black Sun Captain and the rest of the fleet waiting. They immediately docked Luthis's ship with the Lictor Dungeon ship and removed Piccolo's body. It had already been over an hour, and the doctors were unsure if they could help. One stayed behind, explaning the situation to Luthis.

"Last time Piccolo was killed, he was not cloned. Smash performed a series of operations, replacing part of Piccolo's brain with mechanical implants. Piccolo insisted that if ever he should be killed, if possible he wanted a repeat of the surgery, not a cloning. That's probably why he made sure Rane killed him in that manner. You know him better than us, he's not a superstitious person, but for some reason he believes even an exact clone is not the same person as the original. For him the prospect of cloning still means he's dead."

The damage to his brain from the blaster shot was severe, but the metal plate in his head from his last encounter with Rane, ironically had lessened the affect. Piccolo was indeed dead, but just as Smash had done previously, they felt he could be revived. Most of the front section of his brain was synthetic as it was. They set about the surgery, replacing the damaged components, and reviving his mechanical heart. Piccolo was alive once again.

The bounty hunter awoke connected to various tubules, unsure of what exactly had happened. The brain was a mysterious organ, and there was no telling if the surgery wouldn't leave permanent damage, even if it had been done before. To top it all off, the original doctor had died in the explosion. Piccolo was informed of the details of his encounter with Rane, but as of now he had no memory of the occurence. Nonetheless a plan was forming in his mind. He summoned Luthis and ShadowFett to come to his room as soon as possible.

The Night of Vengeance popped out of hyperspace. The fleet was all there and repaired, much to ShadowFett's delight. Now Black Sun could move on with their plans and perhaps even plan vengeance on Scando.

The ship docked with the flagship, "2277, fly away if the ship blows up," Fett says humorously. It felt good to not only be alive, but to have his armor and ship.

He left the ship and was immediately told that Piccolo had summoned him. He walked down to the office while being filled in on the battle after he had been killed. It seems Piccolo had been killed with more dishonor than he had.

Soon he reached the office and found Piccolo waiting inside. He smiled again beneath his mask, "Greetings, Piccolo. It's good to see the fleet back in order. I have repaired the Night of Vengeance and am ready to start working again. As you can see, my replacement Mandalorian armor and weapons were intact."