Space

Ary the Grey

Doran made several hyperspace jumps, making sure that no one would be able to trace him. He let out a sigh as it had been incredibly boring and mind numbing "work". As soon as he was sure that he was safe he set coordinates for Foy. The stars looked almost stretched as he flew through space.

DoranKrotesig-1.png

I was on a job, tracking down some low life, for an even lower-life. Wranorn said in a slugish sigh. He was tired of finding, and taking down these scum-buckets. He wasn't finding the joy he used to in the hunt. He used to be very good at what he did. Never missing a shot, or fumbeling a kill. It was only in the past few years that his desire had began to fail at his carrer, and his performance began to slack. He needed some more excitement.

Wranorn sat down on a crate that he found in the ship, and looked up at Rodya. Like I said earlier, I am sorry about your droid, I was under the impression that she belonged to my target. Wranorn truley felt bad about taking the things head off, but if he hadn't, who knows what would have happened to Rodya.

While Wranon was talking, Rodya reached for a blaster stowed away on a shelf and set it to stun. He kept the blaster out of site while he adjusted its settings, and at the same time kept Wranon talking with interjections like, "Uh-huh," and, "That's interesting."

Rodya was paying attention to the young man's words. He was quite interested to hear the tales of a fledgling bounty hunter. The story reminded Rodya of himself at a younger age.

"If all you said was true about Dunya then I should thank you. You did me a favor by destroying her." Rodya turned towards Wranon still keeping the blaster out of sight. "Truth be told, I was never that wild about droids. I don't know why I designed her the way I did. I was having a really tough time then. Maybe what that droid did was acutally more of a favor than anything..."

Rodya paused and peered over Wranon's head. The Dashade lost his train of thought for a split second suddenly remembering a different man; a man he no longer knew.

"Anyways," he said shaking himself out of the trance, "I need to ask you a favor." Rodya pulled the gun from behind his back and offered it to Wranon.

"Shoot me." Rodya nodded his head suggesting everything was fine, "Seriously, shoot me. Do it and I'll train you. Together we'll become the greatest bounty hunters in the galaxy, and all you have to do is pull a trigger."

rodya2.jpg

Mace saw a vile of bacta and decided to try with that. The green liquid, with the faint glow, looked pleasing to the eye. He lifted his hand and moved it around like Hartel did, but nothing happened. He squinted his eyes tensed his fingers and hand, but still nothing. He lowered his hand and sulked down to a sitting position on the floor.

"It's not working!"

WHAT! Wranorn shouted in his head Has this man lost his freaking mind, maybe that droid did more to him then I thought. He took the blaster from Rodya. The blaster seemed much heavier then it truly was.

Wranorn continplated just handing the blaster back to him. But this was the chance he needed to bring the excitement back into his dull, drab life. To hand the blaster back would just deny his desire for exhilaration and thrill. Wranorn felt that he was ina bind, if he fired, and hit, it might kill Rodya. If he missed, it might show his lack of dedication and hesitation. Or possibly damage the ship. He rose the blaster, and pointed it at Rodya's chest. He would have to trust Rodya, he needed the information in his head.

He pulled the trigger, and let loose a red bolt towards the heart of the man before him.

Rodya puffed out his chest in preperation for the jolt. Even after months of inactivity his muscles rippled and bulged beyond compare. The beam slammed into the Dashade, but oddly enough nothing happened. The stun beam disipated and vanished, negated by Rodya's implant.

Well, it still works.

Rodya now knew who and what he was dealing with in Xen-Que Poleb. The Blademaster's power excedes anything I've ever encountered. The thought was provoking, indicating to Rodya that caution was needed in dealing with such a strong Force User. So far, Poleb had revealed no reason to mistrust him. In fact, Rodya found the Force user incredibly trustworthy, but the Dashade's old prejuidices remained. He would exercise extreme caution during this trip to Dantooine.

"Good, you showed very little hesitation." It was obvious to Rodya that the young man was stunned by the event, but Rodya would not reveal his secret to Wranon. "You will need that if you are to work with me. In this line of work it always helps to shoot first and ask questions later."

Rodya started to walk back towards the cockpit. "Of course, it also helps to know everything before hand so you don't have to ask questions."

Wranon's first lesson was also his first scolding. Rodya's words were directed at Wranon's mistake on Dagobah. Had he possessed the proper information, Wranon wouldn't have wasted his time traveling to a back water, swamp of a planet. The human would have to be better if he were going to be Rodya's apprentice, and the veteran hunter wanted Wranon to know what was expected of him.

"Come on, we're almost there."

((Moving to Dantooine))

rodya2.jpg

Hartel looked to Mace and smiled.

"Now I know you aren't going give up."

He bent down to where Mace was and looked at the small vile of bacta. He knew the boy didn't tap into the force when he tried to lift it, which caused this failure.

"Use the force Mace, feel it flow through you and tap that energy, release it from you, but gently, so that you can move that bacta tank with ease rather than flinging it into the wall.

"Try again."

Marksman kept his eyes on the coordinates as he stood over Jareth's shoulder. He took a gaze up through the cockpit window, and widened his eyes towards the green glow aiming right at the ship that contained the three.

"Jareth....", he said nervously; but received no response. "Jareth!....Big green plasma laser coming towards us...", but still no response. "Jare...", before the young hunter could finish, the ship did a small jump in the blink a naked eye. Marks stood shocked. His breath had stilled and his heart had stopped.

"Well...that worked...", he sighed as he fell back into his chair as they went into hyperspace. He turned to a panel and checked the damages done to the ship and smirked with a small chuckle.

"Well looks like you got us out of that one alive and untouched again. And looks like we got our package out of there with out a scratch on him like you said", he laughed mechanically through his mask. Sitting far back in the chair, and gazed into the emptiness of space

"So where to now?"

"You'll learn that I typically do what I say." Jareth smirked and removed his mask to let his silver white hair down.

Shaking his head, he rubbed his eyes with his palms after removing his gloves.

"And, as for your question,...I'm not entirely sure."

Turning to Slicer, he clasped a hand around the sith's shoulder.

"You did the galaxy a service, you are quite the warrior, and an illusionist at that, very promising. My mission was to get you off that rock, where we go now is up to you. I'm going to take a nap."

Jareth watched as his ship pulled up to a matte black Sith Infiltrator class ship he had docked out in deadspace for just such an occassion. The HLAF was very cramped with 3 people and 1 dead jedi grand master aboard.

Within a few moments all 4 bodies were aboard the much roomier craft, and Jareth offered the helm to Slicer. The former sith then retired to his chambers to take the nap he alluded to.

He opened his eyes, and arranged himself as to get the dead woman off of him. He stayed less concerned on how they were getting out, and instead focused on stripping the woman of her rings. Followed by her lightsaber, since all that was really needed was the body after all.

Then before he knew it, it was all over. The feeling inside of him, was not on of joy but, one of amazement. He had successful, taken down a Jedi grandmaster, with out some much as having a scratch on him. It was an amazing accomplishment.

He suddenly felt the hand on his shoulder, having zoned out, it took him by surprise and gave him a start. Saying nothing, he soon found himself at the helm.

where to go?

He could stop off at his own secret base, pick up a temporary ship to get around the galaxy in. Yet he felt it could be better to just be grounded on Courscant for a while. Until his new ship would be created.

With the ship under his control, he couldn't help but play with the controls slightly, angling it, in such a manner, to reflect the internal dampeners placed upon the ship. Dropping out of hyperspace, he used this ship to send off a code message to his other ship. After all why stop off at a secret base, if you had another ship already in operation and willing to do your bidding.

Giving it its instructions, he then plotted a new course, this time for Courscant. Then in a flash the three guys and a dead woman entered hyperspace.

Slicer.jpgMy sig is my profile...

ship

Mace got to his feet and rubbed his eyes. "OK. I'll try."

Mace closed his eyes and try to feel the world around him. He was calm with himself. He tried to move the bacta, but he didn't know where it was. The healing liquid slowly became to glow in the darkness. Almost as if he could see it. The green glow slowly got bigger, as if it was getting closer to him. He opened his eyes and saw the bacta tank floating in front of him, but only for a second. He was so ecstatic that he lost his concentration and it hit the ground, shattering the vile.

He looked up to John. "Sorry."

"Mace," John began, "the ability for you to be able to use the force in this way is worth more than one small vile of Bacta."

John went into a cabinet nearby and grabbed a cloth and cleaned up the mess, tossing it in the appropriate receptacle where it was jettisoned into space. Finishing with cleaning the mess John looked to Mace.

"You did well Mace. Soon, you will be able to lift things with more control and things which are far larger than that vile."

A beeping came from the cockpit and John turned to see a flashing light indicating they were about to reach their destination.

"Strap yourself in."

The Jedi Knight made his way to the cockpit, and sat in the pilots seat, disengaging the hyperdrive and flying toward his intended target.

((Going to Helix))

OOC- editing for a mod ruling.

The bounty hunter runs a communications sample through his computer, trying to pic up on a specific relay that was was broadcast through the entire galaxy. He pulls into a holonet relay station on a minor world in the outer rim, and after doing a crude job of hacking the relay, tried to find the original broadcast point. He shakes his head, deciding that he needed to find a good R2 model to do this in the future.

There is a moment of hesitation before he sets back into his ship, wary of what he might be leaping into. He wondered why this was necessary, but he did not question his employer's motives. Black Sun wanted this target taken down, and for two hundred thousand credits, he would not pass it up. A bounty like that was far too sweet, especially given his single target. He would find the master, find the target, then take down the target, bring back proof to Black Sun, and collect his reward.

Frustration sets in when he realizes he cannot hack or find the signal. Dissapointed, he sets out again into space.

Edited by Guest

Signature Pending...

• 2 weeks later...

A shuttle zooms across space towards Nar Shadda.

-------

Cephi's ships ion trail blends with that of many as you make three more auto mated hyperspace jumps, before disappearing.

-------

Cephi moves away from the cursed planet of Nespis VIII making his way through the galaxy to a destination even he does not know. Perhaps he will hang out in space for a few weeks.

vgie6t.png

Sith Lord and Loyal Servant of the Darkest Lord

The Brisk after leaving tatooine just drifts through space. Zed put his feet up on the control panel of the Brisk. Zed lit the deathstick he was holding and relaxed in his chair more. Zed just planned to drift for a bit and get some much needed rest. Zed hadn't even planned what to do next so the Brisk just drifted through space.

Zed.jpg

A Pursuer-class vessel flys through hyperspace.

Having seen that they were safely on their way, Darex turned to Aerec. "Are you alright?" There was a pause. "Why don't you come on back into the hold? Darla's alright."

He left the choice up to the padawan. Rising, he moved back into the main area of the ship. He smiled at Darla. "Well, we're in hyperspace. There doesn't look to be any sign of pursuit. I'd say we're home free."

His eyes swept her form as he spoke, and he reached into a storage compartment on the right wall and pulled out a first aid med kit. "We'd better take care of those burns," he said, pulling out a bacta patch and handing it to her.

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

Darla felt safe at last. She was a little bit in shock, but she was in good company. Finally she was back where she belonged, amongst her family. Aerec was there too, although she hadn't seen him yet. That meant that Darex had saved him from Faust.

It was a cruel joke that Faust had played reprogramming Aimee, but at least Darla had done something about it. Whatever Faust had planned for wasn't going to happen.

"Home free?" Darla smiled. She wasn't exactly sure where home was.

She took the bacta patches from Darex as he handed them to her, her hands brushing lightly again his.

"They're not that bad, I think I'll live."

Although she was smiling there was a sadness behind her eyes. Once again she had lost so much and once again she had to pick up the pieces. With the help of her friends, her family, she knew that she would find her way once more.

Darla couldn't help wonder what had happened with Faust and how Darex and fond and saved Aerec. She was sure that Darex would tell her in due time.

Rannrsig.jpg

"I'm...all right," Aerec replied upon Darex's inquiry. It was good to be away from Kamino and Coruscant. He just wanted to go to a world with some peace...without so much turmoil.

Being on Kamino again, though for a short time, had been difficult. Something about the rhythm of the waves crashing against the city's support structures reminded Aerec of...

Strike! Faust had had a beat to his speech, the one that had finally pushed Aerec to his limits...pushed him to Riftor. Words, words, words, Strike! Like a dark heartbeat...calling Aerec to let loose, to lash out with all the pent up emotion inside him that had been building and building. Strike!

The memory made him cold. Riftor still lived inside Aerec, that was certain. With every moment of the past that came to the present, Riftor's rage surged through Aerec's muscles, flexing them. It was a struggle to keep his breath steady.

But he was away from Kamino and Faust and Coruscant and the beat of his dark heart. Yes, Riftor was still there...but...that wasn't all.

Darla was here, too. And Aerec wanted to see her. He took up Darex on his invitation to take leave of the bridge.

When he saw her he was surprised. Her hair was longer and a mess. Her whole presence was a bit of a mess. But, she was still as beautiful as ever. He smiled, remembering the friendship she'd offered in simpler times.

"Well, looks like both of us have gone through a bit of a time, no?"

As Aerec entered the room, Darex stepped back as he spoke to Darla. His gaze swept them both together, and his heart grew heavy. They had both been through so much in these past few months; the last time they had all three been together had been during much simpler times.

Darla, he knew, would eventually recover, her experiences leaving only more scars on her already scarred soul. It hurt that she had had to add more to that collection, but he knew and respected her strength to keep pushing on despite all of it. Aerec, he remained still unsure of. He knew the padawan had the strength to move on, but he wasn't sure yet if Aerec truly wanted that. It would take an enormous effort. Darex would do what he could to ease it, but it would still fall almost squarely on Aerec's shoulders.

He shook himself from his thoughts. "What can I get for you two? Are you hungry? If you just want to clean up, the 'fresher is in the back between the two living quarters. There's also several changes of clean clothes from a standard stocking pack; they might not fit perfectly, but if you want to get cleaned up, you're welcome to them."

He moved toward the small kitchenette. "I'll at least make some caf. Then we can talk about what has happened, and what you both want to do next."

Entering the kitchenette, he busied himself with the caf. He couldn't help noticing that his relationship with Darla was different now than it had been before. He felt that she was more vulnerable, or maybe he was just feeling more protective. And there was something in her eyes...he noticed he was having a hard time keeping his eyes off her. An idea of what was going on came to him, but he shook the thoughts away. Whatever this was, now was not the time to mull over it. He could figure it out later.

FDY9u6P.png

Darla thought about Aerec being taken away by Faust. She couldn't possibly know what he had been through. Her control on the Force was strong enough for her to read him through it. It wasn't quite the nothingness that she had once felt, more of just a static. She could feel the Force was there, just about. But she couldn't manipulate it and control what she felt through it.

But even without the Force Darla could tell that Aerec had been through hell.

"It wasn't as bad as it looks." Darla said, holding up her arms and showing her wounds. "Just flesh wounds."

She offered a weak smile. It was strained and she was sure that Aerec would see the sadness behind it.

It's all my fault. I let Faust take us, take him...

If only Darla had been able to protect him. She had thought that by keeping him close to her she could make sure that he was alright and find a way for the two of them to escape. But when it came down to it, there was nothing that she could do. Without the Force as her ally she could do nothing to stand again Faust. All her strength of will meant nothing. She would have just been killed. So instead she submitted.

How the two of them where even alive was a miracle to Darla.

Darex came in and Darla was glad for the distraction. She wanted to tell Aerec how sorry she was, but she could see that the young man was wounded beneath the surface and she didn't want to risk making him feel any worse. Perhaps they would talk, when he was ready.

Darex seemed to be making a lot of effort to help them both and make sure that they were alright. Darla knew that he cared, but was touched by all of his gestures. It was good to know that there was somebody looking out for her. Some body who cared...

"I'm a little hungry and the 'fresher sounds lie heaven right about now. Put the Caf on, there's lots to talk about I guess. It's been a while..."

There were certain things that Darla wasn't sure that she was ready to talk about.

We can deal with those things when we come to them...

She took a shower, washing her aching muscles and dirty hair. It had been a struggle fighting against Aimee's mechanical body. Although Darla wasn't seriously hurt, it had taken it's toll on Darla's body. She was a little bruised and burnt. When she was clean she reapplied the bacta patches. They would heal up her wounds in no time.

After sifting through the clothes Darla found a vest that was about her size, just a little too baggy and some grey pants that were a decent fit. She kept her boots from her tattered flight suit. Darla checked herself out in the mirror and pulled her now longer hair back into a small bun. She looked like her old self. The stress that she had been through had taken it's toll on her features and she had lost the plumpness that her new body had had. She no longer looked like a boyish girl, she once again resembled the battle weary woman that she had once been.

Still strikingly beautiful, but more seasoned and worn around the edges.

Seeing her old face gazed back at her in the mirror reminded her a little of who she had been. It was a good feeling.

Darla made her way back to the kitchenette. Once again she had lost everything she owned. Her ship, her belongings, her droid. But she hadn't lost her friends. She was ready to start again. Ready to keep on fighting because fighting was all she had ever known. Despite all that had happened, Darla was far from ready to give up.

She took a seat and poured herself some of the caf.

"Thank Darex. You've been... amazing." She took a sip of the dark liquid. "So what happened? Where's Faust now?"

Rannrsig.jpg

Darex smiled as he handed her the caf. "You look better," he said. "More like your old self."

He grabbed a cup for himself, then sat down across from her. Glancing at Aerec sitting next to Darla, he took a deep breath. "Well, I can tell you what's happened to me over these past few months, but Aerec will have to fill you in if you want more details about what happened to him."

Setting his cup down, he began. "Once Faust arrived on Mon Calamari, and the fight was over, we were all drugged. He took you two with him--I now know to Kamino--but sent me back to Gala in a shuttle. It was," he shrugged, "his way of repaying his debt to me for helping save his life. He sent a note essentially telling me that.

"After I woke and realized where I was, I knew I had to find out what had happened to you two. I sent a message to the Grandmaster, but she had no good advice for me. I decided to contact a bounty hunter to help me track Faust, as I knew I wouldn't be able to do it on my own as quickly as I needed to. We met at the Last Call. I had decided to risk coming to Coruscant, despite the treaty. At that time, I wasn't fully aware that the Jedi Order was considered part of the new Republic and that we were banned from the capital.

"Once there, we were detained by Reagan McGreggor." Darex paused. He hoped Reagan and Jarrett were doing alright. He knew Reagan would still be furious about what had happened. "Eventually, we were able to leave. As soon as I stepped out of the Last Call, I sensed Faust and Aerec on Coruscant. I couldn't believe my luck; I wouldn't have to chase Faust around the galaxy now.

"Faust sensed my presence as well, and invited me to the Sith Temple. No doubt he wanted to gloat and I'm sure he hoped to kill me. I took him up on his offer, knowing that Aerec was there. When I arrived with the bounty hunter in tow, I spoke with Faust and Aerec for a long time. Aerec...he had fallen to the dark side." Darex paused, giving Aerec a glance. He quickly moved on. "Eventually, Aerec chose to leave his new master and return with me. Faust had agreed to let him choose, and I felt that we were going to get out of there without incident.

"However, the bounty hunter then suddenly attacked Faust. It was my fault for bringing him. I'm sure he thought he would be able to get the bounty on Faust's head. Faust killed him. Then Reagan caught up with us again, leading some Imperial troops."

He paused. "I didn't explain that Reagan had tried to stop me from going after Faust. He was her kill, she claimed. So she was glad I hadn't killed him, but mad at the bounty hunter who had tried. She took all three of us into custody. We were stripped of the Force, our weapons, and in Faust's case, all armor and cybernetics. We were then brought before Emperor Black.

"The Emperor asked for each of our stories. After Aerec and Faust had related their takes on what had happened, Black asked for mine. Before I could speak, Black whipped out a blaster and shot Faust in the gut."

He paused again, watching Darla's reaction. "At first I couldn't believe my eyes, but Faust fell. I thought it was a trick, but I felt the life flicker out of him. They took his body away to be buried. Vladimir Faust is dead. I saw it with my own eyes."

It was still hard to believe, even though he had been present for the event. "Afterwards, the Emperor announced that as punishment for breaking the treaty, I would be placed under house arrest at the Imperial Spire while Aerec went to get the Grandmaster and Master Starlisk. The deal was that when Aerec returned with them, I would be free. But Aerec didn't even get off the planet before the Emperor released me.

"We assumed that you were still on Kamino, or that we might find a trace there of where you had gone. So we went there, and you know the rest."

His extraordinary story finished, he rose and refilled everyone's cups of caf. "So that's what has been happening," he finished. "Incredible events, for sure."

FDY9u6P.png

Zed slowly woke up with a headache then fell out of his chair. Zed got to his feet and put a hand on his head. Zed kicked the chair then a chunk of it fell off. "damn ships falling apart..." Zed walked over to hyperdrive controls to decide what planet to head to.

Zed set the coordinates then the Brisk came to life and entered in hyper drive towards coruscant. Zed stumbled back into his now damaged chair and waited for ship to make its journey. Zed took out and lit another death stick to get trip to not seem to take as long.

Zed.jpg

Darla sat quietly listening to Darex's story. It was quite a tail and parts of it shocked her. She was saddened but not completely surprised to hear that Aerec had given in to the darkside. The young man wanted to explore the Force and the darkside was a part of it. But it was a lot to handle and from the look of him he hadn't had an easy time. Darla could only hope that whatever he had been through made him stronger and wiser.

When she heard Darex telling her of Faust's demise she gasped in shock. Could it really be true? Who was this new Emperor and why had he decided to take out Faust? It just seemed way too good to be true.

Darla had met Reagan before, it had been just before she had been slain by Faust. She hadn't known the woman to be an Imperial, but she had had a vendetta against Faust even all those years ago if Darla's memory didn't deceive her.

"It might not be the last of him. Death doesn't always stop someone like Faust... Or you or me for that matter." Darla said to Darex, they had both been cloned and the souls returned from the Force to continue living.

There was no reason that Faust wouldn't be able to do the same.

"Aerec... I've had some experience with the Darkside. A lot, in fact. If there's anything that you want to talk about, anything that you want to share, I'll understand. We all have darkness inside us and face that darkness can help us understand ourselves. It doesn't make us evil, just human."

She hoped that her words could give him some comfort and that he'd be able to open up to her. Darla truly did understand what he was going through.

Rannrsig.jpg

"Aerec...he had fallen to the dark side."

It was all that Aerec heard of Darex's story. When Darex spoke those words, Aerec's head dropped in shame. He wanted so desperately to hide from what he'd done but...he knew it to be impossible.

Darla's voice broke in, reminding him of the friendship she offered. Her words were kind. He did want to talk with her about it. Darla, as much as Darex, had been a guiding presence during his time with the Jedi. Perhpas she could be so again.

"I," he started, then tried to put on a a smile. It didn't stay. His eyes dropped again. "Well, I," he tried again, this time attempting humor. But none came. He wished he could now tell his story as he had in front of the Emperor, dismissive of the whole event, letting it all go as if it were just the past, not the present. But it was the past and the present, one and the same, all bound up within him, within Aerec and Riftor.

"Well," he said, this time with some conviction, convincing himself that he could get words out. "Faust brought us to Kamino. While you were talking with Furion, Faust offered to give me some combat training. I accepted. I should've known it was his trap. I..." his words started to choke up in his throat. "I should've known. Maybe I did know. But that's how he got me. He pushed me to the brink, brought out all my survival instincts...just pushed me...and I snapped. Just like he wanted, I poured all my anger at him...everything I ever wanted to be angry about, I poured it at him. I tried to kill him. I tried to kill him even if it meant him killing me.

"And that's when he got me. As my blade was coming toward him for the killing blow...he...there was an illusion...illusions...in the Force. Too real. He flashed other faces, other people. I saw you, Darla...and Darex...and...Dante. My blade was going toward you all. And if I stopped my blade...I knew I'd die."

Aerec stopped, breathed. "I didn't even hesitate. I tried to kill you." He forced himself to look at Darla in the eye, his entire soul hardened by what he'd done.

"Both of you. And Dante, too." He dropped his head.

"I tried to and would have killed both of you."

That was all he could say now. He couldn't bear the words he heard himself speak. His arms came in slightly around his chest, unconscious protection.

It was suddenly cold. And a tear ran across his cheek.

"Aerec, Faust manipulated you. He used your feelings for us against you. He knew that if you thought that you were capable to killing your friends that it would break you... and it did."

Darla took a deep breath. It was hard for her to know how Aerec had seen the whole situation. She once had a great empathy through the Force. Other peoples feelings called out to her and she was prone to visions, images, flashing's of feelings coming from other people. But without the Force she just had to rely on what she knew. Her own memories of falling to the Darkside and what she knew of Aerec in their time together.

"You cannot forget that fact. He toys with is prey. He is...was a master at it. He put you in a situation where you had to fight to survive and then when you were vulnerable, when the agressive instinct within you to survive was unleashed, he made you see us. Like you said, illusions. You have to know and understand if you hadn't been tricked into it, you would never have been slaying your friends or your family. And you didn't! We're all alive and well... all things considered."

She hoped that Aerec was listening to her. Hoped her words were getting through to him.

"You can't beat yourself up over an illusion and you shouldn't feel bad about giving in to your anger. It happens to the best of us. What you need to do is understand your anger and fear, understand where it comes from and why it has such power over you. Only then can you conquer it. Anger in it's self is not evil neither is the darkside. Both can be useful, both can keep you alive. But when the darkside controls you, that's when you've got a problem."

Darla began to smile.

"Aerec, just by looking at your face I can tell that you feel great sorrow and remorse for whatever it is that you feel you've done wrong. Just by seeing that, I know that you aren't lost to the darkside. Not by a long shot. On Kamino I had to use the darkside to save myself. It seems that it's the only way that I can touch the Force at the moment. Only through strong emotions like fear, anger...love. I've got a lot of things to work out too. The important thing is that neither of us has to work out any of this alone."

She walked over to him and gave his shoulder a tight squeeze. Darla truly hoped that Aerec had the will to keep trying with the Force and not withdraw out of fear because of his experiences with Faust.

Rannrsig.jpg