Space

Ary the Grey

*The captured Bothan cruiser winks into realspace in the middle of nowhere, its Rebel crew subdued and in the brig. SEED Technicians work frantically to restore hyperdrive capability, and after a few hours they have it functional enough to return to Sanity's End. They make the jump as soon as is possible.*

As Steven exited the atmosphere of Tatooine, an Imperial Star Destroyer was coming into range. Suddenly, the craft began to shudder and the lights began to flicker. At that moment, the tractor beam alert light came on...the Voyager II was caught in the tractor beam of an Imperial Star Destroyer. Deciding not to burn out the sub-light engines, he shut them down and waited. They were probably going to do another check of the ship.

Once the stormtroopers entered, the walked inside the cockpit.

"Do you have documentation?"

"Yes, here."

Then I handed the documentation to the lead stormtrooper.

"Your documentation checks out. You may depart in 5 minutes..."

With that, the stormtroopers left and I piloted my ship from the main docking bay out into space, where I began a search on the nava computer for a suitable place for repairs. After a few minutes of searching, the nava compuer flashed the planet Gala on the screen. Not realizing that the computer was over 5 years old, he engaged the hyperdrive and the Lambda-class shuttle entered hyperspace for the planet Gala to land and make complete repairs.

(Note: The Voyager II still has some Imperial markings on its wings and uses an Imperial identifier for clearances)

Edited by Guest

The darkness of aeons past echoes through the void between stars...

Ben'a Solo, Jedi Knight in good standing, was meditating deeply as his vessel cruised through hyperspace, with his astromech droid Ayevit minding the main computer and controls. It would be a long journey to Myrkr, he knew, and so much the better. He needed time, most of all; time to figure out exactly what it was that he had to do on that world. From reading any history texts he could get his hands on, Ben'a knew that important things had gone on in that world, but he had to see the planet for himself.

He also knew of the ysalmari that dwelled there, along with their predators, the wromskyrs. He knew of the peculiarities of each creature; though he had experianced the Force-nullifying effects of the former, he had not encountered the hunting techniques of the latter. Maybe this was what he had been called there to investigate, but a tingling sensation in the tip of his lekku made him doubt that. There was something about the powerful odor he had experianced in that vision...

Stranger still was the second half of what he had seen. But while he meditated upon it, Ben'a came to realize who it was that had come to his aid in that corridor -- the same man he had seen in his visions upon first joining the Jedi Order -- it was his own father, the one who had spoken to him. And thinking once again about the advice that his father had given him let Ben'a finally put together the pieces of the puzzle. But first, he had to make a quick stopover before arriving at his destination...

"Ihre ganze Unterseite sind gehören uns..."

goodwoodsig.jpg

Proud Member of the J.Net Addicts' Club since March, '04!

The Original Anti-P.I.M.P.

Founder, The Satirist's Guild

After his narrow escape from the SEED forces at Myrkr, Ben'a Solo was once again at the controls of the Millennium Skyray. The paralells of this incident are not lost on the Jedi, however, as he remembers the narrow escape from Hoth by his grandfather aboard the Millennium Falcon many years before.

But the ship had taken a good beating in the process. The last shots of the SEED troops and their dropships had depleted the ships' shields, as well as scratching up the armor quite a bit, but nothing vital had been damaged. Ben'a was thankful to the Force that he possessed the wits to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat, but he was even more thankful for Ayevit's timing and skills with his grandfather's blaster. For it was, as they flew through space, Ben'a discovered the true original owner of this ancient weapon after meticulous examination.

He knew, though, that he would have to go back to Myrkr. What Ben'a had originally set out to do had not been accomplished, however, first he needed to restock his cache of equipment, including some heavier weaponry.

After setting the ship on course, he left Ayevit to repair the shields and monitor the Skyray's systems. While the droid worked, Ben'a again went into a meditative state to regain his connection to the Force, in order to rejuvinate and dwell on what he must do next...

-----(two days later)-----

The Millennium Skyray drops out of hyperspace in a location known only to its pilot, and certain other, trusted individuals. Seeing what is arrayed before him, Ben'a, with Ayevit's assistance, taps into the computer system, pulling up the registration of one of the craft before him and loading it onto his ship.

From this moment on, the Millennium Skyray is the property of one Radek son Corusca, a respected yet secrative arms dealer based on Coruscant. Now that this next task has been done, the ship reenters hyperspace, leaving no evidence that it had been there.

goodwoodsig.jpg

The vision had come to Darex again while he was sitting in the cockpit. Everything blurred and he found himself seeing the same vision that he had had twice before in his head. He thought it was strange that the vision had occured again. It had been slightly different, but fundamentally the same.

He blinked, hearing Skye's voice say something to him. "What?" he asked, slightly disoriented. "No. I'm sorry. I...never mind. What were you saying?"

He remembered that he was supposed to attack her with the Force, so he reached out with the Force. It helped to clear his mind as well, and he gave Skye a push in her mind, unsure what exactly his master had meant by 'attack' her.

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

"Rhekath. I apologize for the distractions before. It seems times are busy for me. Nonetheless, we will begin your training here in space. Do you have any questions about the force before we begin?"

Jareth waited to see what inquiries his apprentice might have before starting. It was important that the young one have a good idea of what he was about to undertake before they started.

"Well ive always kinda wondered exactly HOW it all worked"

*In reality, that question had plauged him for nearly two years, it felt good to finally get it off his chest*

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.

Renn Hamis's Warwitch travels through hyperspace, alone, towards Tatooine. Although the plan was to head to meet up with his squad at Corellia, they were now dead, so as far as Renn was concerned, that plan was cancelled.

He spent his time in hyperspace thinking about the battle of Coruscant. Who were those people who took down that Calamari cruiser? Maybe when he reached Tatooine, he'd pay a visit to one of the information dealers and find out.

"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges!"

Jareth reflected on how to best answer the question.

After a few seconds, he began.

"The force is our tool. The sith wield it as a smith would wield a hammer. It obeys our commands and links us to the galaxy in every way. Nothing is beyond it's grasp. HOW it works is another question. The simple answer is 'it just does.' "

Jareth wasn't sure if this answer satisfied his apprentice's curiosity, but could really offer no other answer.

"The important thing is, that you begin to recognize the force and know what it is. Once you have identified the benefit it gives, you can begin to rule over it. Take this for example," Jareth walked toward a console and pulled a small round orb with what looked like sensors on it. "This, is a training device."

He released it and the orb floated about the bridge of the ship.

"Now, listen to the force, and try not to get hit by the blasts." Jareth raised his hand, and through the force flicked an internal mechanism which made the device fire a red blast toward his apprentices leg.

The blast hit his leg full on, and stung the skin while slightly singing his pants.

"Now, the physical pain you feel is apparant, learn to feel it BEFORE the blast hits you. The force allows for premenition. Practice, and learn to move before you are struck. I have to go set a new course."

Jareth left Rhekath to attune himself to the force and set course for coruscant.

*Rhekath watched the small orblike object hover around as he prepared for its attack. It lanced out, catching him in the left arm. He winced. It did not cease to hover. It again hit him in the leg. He took a deep breath and concentrated. It Shot again, this time just missing his index finger. He increased his focus. He felt a sting on his neck, then, milliseconds later, the drone fired, he managed to dodge it. Feeling cocky, he anticipated the next shot, when suddenly it let loose with salvo of five shots, and no less than five of them Zapped his face. His anger boiled. The next two shots were toward his midsection, in rapid succession. Dodged both. He continued until Master Jareth came back.*

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.

"Good. Give into the anger which i feel building up inside of you young one. Anger, frustration, these are raw emotions. Use the force to forge from them something more powerful."

Jareth turned up the intensity on the drone, and reached into his apprentice's mind severing his ocular connection through the force and rendering him instantly blind.

"Now, try again."

((Continue on Upper Levels of Coruscant))

Skye turned to Darex...

"Ok, you pick our destination, I'm going for a shower and to get cleaned up. You're lucky you stayed with the ship, that Ob was disgusting"

With that, she got up and went to her wardrobe, taking out her blue and grey tunic and another dark blue and silver trimmed cloak. She headed into the refresher, distainfully getting out of her clothing and throwing them in to be cleaned also, before stepping under the shower.

Clean and dressed in fresh clothing she re-emerged and headed back to the cockpit, taking a cup of caffa in for both of them...

SkyeOrgana.jpg

As Skye showered, Darex punched in the coordinates to take them to Dagobah. He felt like all the life on the planet would be refreshing, and the serenity would cause it to be an ideal place for some Jedi training.

Skye re-entered, carrying some caffa, and Darex took a seat beside her. "I entered the coordinates for Dagobah, if you don't mind," he said casually.

Skye shook her head.

"I'm sorry," Darex hesitated, looking for the right words to say. "I haven't been very responsive to your questions. I have been distracted by a few things, but they don't matter much."

He looked into her double-blue eyes, which he still found odd, but ignored the feeling. "I am ready to answer any questions or do what ever you ask."

FDY9u6P.png

Darex reflected on the question. "I guess it's a combination of things. One is how you've changed. I'm not quite sure what to make of it. I don't know if you even know yourself," he said. "I'll work it out and get used to it...I just need a little time, that's all."

He gave her a small smile, then continued. "The reason I didn't answer your question back before Tatooine was becasue I had a vision. I've had it twice before, once on Manaan and once on Borleais. Before, I thought it migh have meant something, and I learned something about myself through it that last time it occured. However, I'm puzzled why it appeared again."

He glanced at her, curious to see if she'd respond.

FDY9u6P.png

Darex hesitated. He was slightly embarrassed by the vision, and the strong emotions that he felt in it. "There is a way for you to see it, right? With the Force, you can reach into my mind....I'll re-play it for you."

He felt Skye take hold of his mind, and he thought back on the vision.....

The darkness in the room threatened to overcome him. It was cold and made Darex feel that he could never have any hope. He walked through the empty corridor, following a silent call. He came to a large room. Inside, he saw two people clashing lightsabers.

He moved closer, though trying to keep out of sight. His heart raced. He tried to make out who was fighting. Ducking down behing a crate, he gasped when he saw what was happening.

One person was someone that Darex had never seen before. However, he knew somehow that it was the Dark Lord of the Sith. The other, breathing hard, was Skye. A body lay on the floor, and Darex could tell that it was Tares.

He watched the battle, unable to move and help. The Dark Lord spun and slashed horizontally with his blade, catching the tip of Skye's lightsaber and flinging it wide. Skye hurried to bring the blade back around, but the Dark Lord was quick. With a flick of the wrist, Skye's blade went flying towards the spot that Darex was hiding. Skye reached out with the Force and tried to call the lightsaber back to her, but the darkness was overcoming her. The weapon skittered toward her and then stopped.

"It's over," came the voice of the Dark Lord. "Surrender to the Dark Side. Give in to your anger!"

"No," Skye struggled, her voice barely a whisper. "I won't give in."

"Foolish girl. Only by surrendering to your hatred will you save the ones you love."

"You already killed my master and my brother."

"There is another that will be very...sad...to hear of your death," the man said evilly.

Skye gasped. "Don't hurt him. He has no training."

"The means of Darex's death has already been set into motion. Your other friend, Ish's, has already been carried out. Give in to the Dark Side and I might be able to spare Darex's life."

Darex could see the struggle in Skye's eyes. He tried to yell, to tell her that he'd be fine, but no words came out of his mouth.

A look of resolve came over Skye's face. "No. I won't give in."

"Then die," the Dark Lord said simply. Arcs of lightning raced out of his fingertips. Skye screamed in pain, writhing on the floor in agony.

Darex cried out, his voice finally coming to him. "Skye!!" He tried to stand, but his feet were rooted in place. He had no weapon, no training. There was nothing he could do but stand there and watch her die.

Blinking, Darex pulled back. "That's the vision," he said softly, and waited for what Skye would say.

FDY9u6P.png

Skye was silent for a while after seeing his vision. It was very interesting. It showed the ever constant struggle between light and dark, and a battle of wills. To see herself as the focus for his dream had surprised her, as had seeing that all she cared about in danger or dead. But she wasn't Master Tares Padawan any longer, and Darex was now a padawan himself, her padawan, so maybe it was because he feared he wouldn't get trained, wouldn't be able to protect those he loved.

She accepted his feelings for her, it touched her. But she couldn't reciprocate his feelings there, even if she did care for him, she was still involved with Chen, and that was another thing she wanted to find out about, she'd never gotten to ask where she stood with him. Apart from finding out that he was a god who walked among them as a mortal from time to time, it was Chen the man that she wanted to know most about.

He had said he'd had the vision three times now. That was strange that it had occurred three times.

”œWhat do you think it is trying to tell you? What are your feelings about the vision?”

SkyeOrgana.jpg

ooc:My character is known as someone else, but rather than make another alias, the character that is now under this alias is different. I will post a character sheet as soon as I can.

ic:

Lights flashed flashed throughout an unknown region of space. It was as if the fabric of time and space was ripping open and anything could come through. Years of history. Thousands of stars. But only a single item would come through.

A fighter sized ship painted white comes through a small hole in space. It slowly moved through space, drifting toward the cloest planet around. In the cockpit sat a man staring out the window. His eyes strained as he looked out to find anything that was familiar to him, but nothing drew his gaze.

He walked into the back to check on the shipment he was supposed to deliver to the newest planet added to the confederation. He steps into the back and finds his cargo had not been harmed in the process. The 20 different species of birds were unharmed. He steps back into the cockpit and sits down in the cockpit. He unlocks the glove compartment and takes out a pistol and clip. He holsters it on his hip and sheaths a large knife on his belt.

Major William Muse sat in the cockpit and punched the burners and slowly sped toward a small planet.

Edited by Guest
dpr.jpg

After punching in the coordinates of the Jedi base, Mathis goes back to his apprentices.

"We're heading back to the Jedi base to stock up and see what's going on."

Staring at his shoe, Mathis thinks for a moment on how to say what he was going to say.

"Ish, you asked me some questions that I needed to ask myself, but couldn't. Now, as we wait for our trip to finish, I am willing to tell you all of the tales that I haven't been able to tell yet."

Mathis takes a seat in a chair opposite of Ish and Scorp and waits for their reactions before starting to talk.

mathis-1.jpg

A smirk came across Ish's face as he master began to speak. He had compassion for Mathis, but he had kept to himself in the short time they'd been together. Now maybe Ish would have a little more insite to help his training along.

He took a seat in front of his as the ship rattled through space. His face was a mask of calmness.

ish2hh6.jpg

Aussie-American Connection Since June 04

Most Sacred order of the Nocturnal

Wuju38: GIVE ME BAKED GOODS!

"Don't worry, I'll get you out of here..." He turned, then, and walked up to the pilot's seat. Once he had entered the co-ordinates for the new Jedi training facility, he made one last check to make sure they were not being followed before moving the Millennium Skyray into hyperspace.

Ben'a was starting to get some of his strength back as his ship began the the trip away from Coruscant. Through the Force, he could still pick up on Mira's feelings, and inwardly, he knew that they were not unjustified. But he needed to know what had gone on during their time in the custody of SEED and their leader. Striding back from the cockpit, he sat down opposite her, and looked her directly in the eyes as he spoke, never taking his gaze from her.

"Mira, you must tell me what happened to you while you were imprisoned. I know it must be horribly painful for you to relive what you have been through, and if I thought it would do you better to simply let you sleep, I would. But you will eventually have to tell me, if I am to train you in the ways of the Force, and putting off the time when you will have to relive that pain will do no good whatsoever."

goodwoodsig.jpg