Space

Ary the Grey

When Jaina awoke, it was reluctantly. The motion-activated lights in the repair bay had gone out, and when her eyes squinted open, her first passing thought was that of that tiny, dank chamber in the Hapan Necropolis. Foreboding dread lasted for but a moment, however: the homey hum of the Hope's engines immediately reassured her of her location. Moving to roll onto her stomach, she met with a hard metallic prodding that didn't make sense to her tired mind. Her groggy attempt was enough to trigger the lights. Once her bleary eyes adjusted to the sudden flash of brightness, she remembered what she'd been doing before she succumbed to exhaustion on the dusty floor of the repair bay, although she had no way of knowing how long she'd been asleep. Pulling the lightsabers out from under her ribs, she held them against her body with one arm and pushed up onto all fours with the other, staggering onto her feet. The shoto she clipped onto her own belt, and held the other two in her hands as she pressed the door control that allowed her access to the corridor.

Extending her senses, she followed Xae's presence to where the Dathomiri woman sat, on the left-hand lower bunk in the crew quarters. Jaina paused for a moment in the doorway to ensure she wasn't interrupting a moment of meditation, but put her considerations aside and entered. A sudden impulse seized her, and she inclined her torso in a traditional Jedi bow, a formality not required by Xae but seemingly called for by the circumstance. "I've done what you asked," she said quietly, sitting on the floor by Xae's feet, holding the sabers in open palms in her lap. "Although I feel a little strange about the process."

Frowning, she stared down at the obsidian four-pronged saber. "I'm more at peace with my past than I think I ever have been, or at least than I expected to be by now. But all of this, this process to become a fully-minted Jedi, whatever that means--it feels dishonest. I started down this path so they would release Tirzah to me, but now that she's here, I'm having second thoughts about this path. I'm confident in my ability to recognize darkness in myself, and others, and fight it--which I say out of sincerity, not pride. But I can't be the by-the-books Jedi, jumping through all the right hoops."

She let the lightsabers rest in her lap and rubbed a hand across her face. "I've always wanted to be a part of something bigger than myself, but I've broken so many of the strictures of the Order, I sometimes wonder if it's too late to go back. I have a lot to atone for."

Green-flecked eyes glanced back up, and Jaina lifted the lightsabers into the air with the Force as though they were being carried by some unseen wind towards Xae. "Flame of Hope, Cleaver of Guises. One attuned with the darkness and regret of my past, one attuned with the best of the hope I have for the future." She fell quiet for a moment, gauging the other's reaction.

She hadn't expected to make it this far: present at a trusted meeting of those central to the Order and the Galactic Alliance, reunited with her daughter and an old friend from far past, off on a crusade to collect important relics in advance of a coming darkness. In truth, at every turn she had expected the door to be slammed in her face, to be branded for what she was--a turncoat, a fraud, a traitor--and rejected summarily. That this had not yet happened was surprising, worrisome even. It's only a matter of time, the thought echoed through her mind.

In a mousy voice that she hoped didn't betray the insecurity she felt, Jaina piped up with the central question she had been trying to avoid. "Am I even fit to be a Jedi?"

53bzzl2.png

...why are the pretty ones always the most hazardous to your health?

May the Forth therve you well...

Being on the Marie once more was oddly comforting. Qaela had pleasant memories of being here because it was one of the few places where she felt any degree of safety. With Jedi, Sith, or even her own kind, there was always a risk of betrayal. She had learned that very quickly after meeting the Sith. They would betray their own kind in a heartbeat without reason or purpose other than random impulse or personal whims. She understood eliminating threats, but the Sith killed even those who posed no threat. They even eliminated potentially valuable allies. It was a senselessness that made her reluctant to work with any of them.

The Jedi, well, they were natural enemies in and of themselves. While they may not seek to kill her, they did seek to thwart her and inhibit her in other ways. Imprisonment was always a risk, too, though she had been fortunate enough to avoid that through a mixture of wit, proven value, and fortune. At least with them, she knew they wouldn't just off and kill her for no reason.

Now, her own people, the Nightsisters, they were a totally different story. Though they were usually smart enough not to kill rivals and thus weaken the Clan, that made them no less dangerous. They contrived, plotted, and sabotaged their rivals. They fed her to the wolves of this Galaxy expecting her to die. When she didn't, they took her very hard earned rewards from her and cast her out because she had become too powerful. They stole her children and exiled her: something that is altogether unacceptable.

Delta—Ca'Aran—was a different story. He had always been kind, always been loyal, and, in many ways, an equal. It felt strange to her to view a male as an equal, but he was more than just a male: he was a man. He had watched out for her even though it came at great cost and effort to him. More importantly, he had made her feel safe, something nobody had done before. The hardest part of being separated during Faust's madness was being away from him, not knowing if he would ever find his love for her again. She had been so foolish, so stupid to have ignored and used it in the past. She knew that now, and would never repeat that process again. With him, she was able to let the multitude of masks and disguises she had built up over her life fall away. She could be herself and didn't have to hide her feelings or purposes from him.

Now, she had grown, mastered her emotions and powers, and would marshal her allies to retake her children and get the family she deserved. Her Clan had made a terrible mistake in taking her children and exiling her. Before, she wasn't powerful enough to take them all on, but now, with Ca'Aran and his men, she would reclaim her children and bring them with their father into safety once and for all.

That wasn't all she wanted, though. She wanted her children, but she also wanted a true partner. She was tired of being on her own. It was time for her to make a true, equal partner and she believed that Ca'Aran fit that. So far, she had resisted consummating their relationship in the physical sense due to various excuses. There had been a lack of trust, not wanting to risk losing an ally, the danger or constant combat they were in, her pregnancy, or their separation that had kept them apart. No more, she knew he would come to her tonight and could sense that this was the best chance to get what she had longed for these last several years.

Upon returning to her chambers and briefly reacquainting herself with the various treasures, weapons, and potions she had left behind, she took to the refresher. Despite being a ship, Ca'Aran spared no expense when it came to providing plenty of water for bathing in luxury. She appreciated that now as it was a treat she hadn't had enough of living in the Undercity and healing up. She made good use of these luxuries to make as good of a presentation of herself as possible for Ca'Aran when he came to her.

When she was ready, she put on a fresh black dress she had stored her previously and waited for him to come to her. When she could feel him approaching, she smiled and took a deep breath to ready herself. She could sense his nervousness and uncertainty, but would deal with that at another time.

To her slight bemusement, he actually ran into her door. With a simple gesture and an unspoken spell, she pressed the door trigger with the Force and let him in. "Hey babe wanna kith?" he said in an almost charmingly nervous and uncomfortable manner.

She smiled as she walked up to him. A simple beckoning gesture of her hands pulled him into her room so the door could close. The champagne in his hands would be nice, but after they had had their way with each other. "Oh," she said seductively, "I would like to do far more than that, my love." She kissed him, but his armor stopped her from further exploring his muscular, delightfully scarred body. After a short eternity, she stepped back and appraised him. "I think we need to fix a few things. . ."

She snapped her fingers and all the seals and catches of Ca'Aran's armor released and began to fall off of his body. She bit her lower lip as she saw him in his bodysuit. "There, I like that a bit more. Come here," she said softly as she led him to her bed.

Then, in order to placate Alex, one of the mighty god like entities that seemed to control the universe, all of their actions over the next couple of hours faded into the dark.

Qaela Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Tirzah felt the gentle pull of the lightsaber from her hand and she released it to Tares's grip and was left standing wondering what to do next as she didn't exactly feel tired her own rest cycles still tuned to Tython. She could sense the others deeply busy in whatever business was at hand. The girl was about to call back out to Tares, when she heard the soft tap, tap, tap of his finger against the Hope's bulkhead.

"I normally try not to offer psychological advice, but for what it's worth: growing up without knowing your parents is rough, but survivable. My brother and I lost our parents long before I joined the Jedi. The feelings... they stay, but they also change. Time and experience help. Learning to choose and commit helps even more."

"But choosing to commit to what, Master Tares? The Jedi? Why do we hide when there is so much pain in the galaxy that we could be using our abilities to do something about? My entire time among the Jedi has been being shunted from one secret temple to another - Lahon, Tython. Where does it end? The children at the orphanage told tales of legendary Jedi that did great things for the galaxy. Why don't we do that any more?"

53bzzl2.png

Xae gave a wry smile as she broke her meditations, not bothered in the least by Jaina's interruption, and had to stifle a laugh at Jaina's formality. The auburn-haired Jedi Knight had come to know enough about this woman that Xae knew Jaina would eventually continue on with talking through her feelings and experiences as she continued to come to terms with and process more and more of them, slowly, but surely purging the parts of her that no longer served the woman she was to become.

A gentle prod through the Force and Jaina began to elaborate on what she'd gone through during the exhaustive process of producing not just one, but three lightsabers. Through it all, Xae listened, silently watching the woman she'd taken under her wing and noting the distinct change from the harried woman that had fled to the doorstep of the Jedi in refuge against the dark shadow of Darth Quietus.

Xae-Lin looked down at the two beautifully crafted lightsabers as she stood and ignited them both, bathing Jaina in crimson and turquoise light, one on each half of her body. "Are any of us truly fit Jaina? It's a choice we make every day to live by the code or not. To do what is good for the greater galaxy at the expense of our own." Xae could feel something stirring within the Force as she looked down at Jaina for a moment longer before deactivating both lightsabers and clipping them to her belt.

"Will you ever be a perfect Jedi? No. I don't think there is such a thing." She extended her hand towards the other woman and pulled her to her feet. "I'm not sure the title of Jedi Knight would ever suit you Jaina Jade Skywalker," Xae said eyeing her as she felt the Force flowing between them in harmony and balance. "However, I do recognize you as my equal and peer in skill and training, though our paths have been different and may well continue to be. So if not Knight of the Order, I would happily call you Sister."

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

PM Mirdala if you'd like a timely response.

Leave anonymous IC feedback here.

Once in space, she sent a comm to Jaina, on the same frequency that Jaina had used to send her last message. “Aunt Jaina, this is Emily. I know you said it was too risky to reveal your location, but please, I want to meet you. I’ll go anywhere you wish, take whatever security measures are necessary. You’re the only family I have left. My parents died years ago, I’m sorry. Please, let me know where you are, or where we can meet.”

Emily%202015_zps34rpkjob.jpg

"Days in the sun...what I'd give to relive just one. Undo what's done, and bring back the light."

As Xae pulled her to her feet, a warming aura of belonging flooded into her, the sensation utterly foreign and absolutely wonderful. Her soul gulped it down as thirstily as if it had crawled across a vast expanse of desert. She released her grip on Xae's hand in favor of throwing her arms impulsively around the woman, and when Jaina finally stepped back to look down at her companion, her eyes glistened. "Whether I serve as a Knight or not, I'm beyond grateful to you, and glad to call you my Sister."

The intensity of the moment faded slightly, and she laughed, swiping at her eyes. Somewhere in all of her reflections, she had lost the deep and foreboding sense of fear she carried. Going "home" to Raxus Prime suddenly did not feel as daunting, and even whatever confrontation was likely to arise with Tirzah felt more manageable. For the first time, perhaps in the entirety of her life, Jaina felt truly powerful, a deep and complex harmony issuing from within the Force and resounding throughout her being.

A high musical tone split the air between them. With a nod at Xae, she broke eye contact and followed the main corridor back towards the cockpit before the call could be received on the comm panel in the lounge. Settling herself into the comfortably broken-in pilot's seat, she toggled the switch on the comm panel, and heard the voice she had hoped would be on the other end of the line, even after her own attempts at dissuading such contact.

"Aunt Jaina, this is Emily. I know you said it was too risky to reveal your location, but please, I want to meet you. I’ll go anywhere you wish, take whatever security measures are necessary. You’re the only family I have left. My parents died years ago, I’m sorry. Please, let me know where you are, or where we can meet.”

My parents died years ago. My parents died years ago. My parents died years ago. My parents died years ago. My parents died years ago.

Her senses failed her for a moment as a tidal wave of grief built in her soul and spilled out through the Force, echoing across the lightyears. Her ears were ringing; the only sound she could process, a harmonic squeal in the highest register of her awareness. John and Sirvani, gone. While it wasn't entirely surprising, Jaina had hoped against hope that her friends had remained, even if just to clue her in to the whereabouts of Andon, or what had happened in the span of time the galaxy had seen during her absence.

Not wanting to delay a moment longer, Jaina swatted at the comm switch again, keying in the auto-reply. "Emily, it's Jaina. You're right, family should stay together. I'm coming home." In the back of her mind, she held gently a vision of a little girl and a man in Jedi robes hopping between crates and barrels in the hangar of John's palace. "Meet me in the lava," she ground out before her voice tapered to a whisper. She deactivated the comm and slumped in her seat. Only the little girl that she remembered would know what she was talking about, without conjuring vague ideas of Mustafar or other volcanic planets.

What path had Emily walked in all of these years? The girl was brilliant, her mind sharp and her senses keen. If her parents' influence had meant anything, it wasn't out of the realm of possibility that she would be walking the path of the Sith. While the thought wasn't purely discouraging, Jaina felt again the pang of her own absence from her niece's life. No, Emily Zsahra-Skywalker would not have been content to remain cloistered in her father's library at Raxus Prime. Her father's thirst for knowledge would only translate so far before Sirvani's spark of adventure caught fire to her soul. There was no way of knowing what condition the palace at Raxus Prime would be in, given the absence of John and Sirvani. But they would soon find out, she thought with a touch of resignation, checking the navicomp.

She rose, following the main corridor back to the lounge where Tirzah and Tares were. "I hope I'm not interrupting. Twelve hours to Raxus Prime. I suggest we all settle in and get some rest. Tares, please feel free to make use of the Captain's cabin. The rest of us can share the crew quarters," she said quietly, poking her head in the doorway.

53bzzl2.png

"Commit to yourself," Tares said without hesitation, "Commit to your plans, choices, actions, and the consequences those things. Commit to the things that matter most to you. Commit to the people the matter most to you. If the Jedi order is a part of that, then so be it."

He paused for a moment and shifted his hand so he could lean against the ship’s bulkhead. It had been a very long time since he had accessed the philosophical parts of his mind and reminisced about his views on the Order and the Force.

"You may have been left with the Jedi order, but truly committing to the code and the Order’s way of life is a choice that each Jedi make every single day. A Jedi's greatest strength is a sound mind and body; that is why you commit to your physical and emotional well-being. Selflessness within the Order can be powerful, but also dangerous is the Jedi isn't in the right frame of mind. Call it ‘turning to the dark side" or whatever else you want, but many Jedi have done terrible things in the name of good intentions because of inner turmoil."

He felt around in the Force through the ship. The vessel’s other occupants were beginning to stir once more in the other areas of the ship. Tirzah vocalized her thoughts about the Order.

He replied, “I can’t comment on the Jedi Order’s present strategic thinking since it’s been quite awhile since I’ve been in a position to think about those things. Things change in the Order. In my time, we were front and center one moment, and hiding the next. The Order often has to react to the galaxy as a whole. If you continue as you are, then when you become a padawan, knight, and master, you will experience these changes too. Nothing ever stays stagnant for long.”

Tares felt the familiar presence return through the doorway. "I hope I'm not interrupting. Twelve hours to Raxus Prime. I suggest we all settle in and get some rest. Tares, please feel free to make use of the Captain's cabin. The rest of us can share the crew quarters." Jaina said.

He turned and looked at her with a smile, "Thank you for the offer, but I'll be alright out here. Too much work to do for sleep I'm afraid. Everything go well with the Jedi-related things?" He asked....

tares.jpg

The young woman nodded as Jaina left to answer the comm unit before deciding to head towards the refresher for a shower and to ready for bed. It had been a very long few days and some rest was most welcome.

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

PM Mirdala if you'd like a timely response.

Leave anonymous IC feedback here.

Tirzah looked at the sound of his voice feeling more than a little adrift by his answer. She wasn't really sure she cared at all about anyone or anything in particular. The Jedi had been her most permanent situation ever since she could remember, but now Tares had indicated she had a choice in the matter.

Jaina came through then, stopping by to let them know that they were getting close to their target destination.

"Yes! How did it go with Master Xae-Lin?" Tirzah asked excitedly, glad for a change in conversation.

53bzzl2.png

"Too much work?" An amused sparkle revitalized her tired eyes. "What, board meetings follow you into Sith space?"

Jaina glanced at Tirzah, who appeared pensive, if not agitated. Her stance was tense, as though she had not fully unwound from the sparring that had been taking place. She rested her hand briefly on the girl's shoulder and gave it a gentle squeeze. "Off to bed, then, young lady," she smiled, giving an encouraging nod. "Get some rest. You'll need it."

Her other hand twitched towards the shoto hanging on her belt, struck with a brief impulse to hand the saber over to her daughter. But it had been a long time since leaving Tython, and Tirzah's red-rimmed eyes betrayed her exhaustion. Kids usually have bedtimes. Parent of the Year award, she thought self-deprecatingly. An electric jolt from the Force ran up and down her spine, a feeling she associated with her precognitive sense: there would be a better time to explain the gift to Tirzah, and it would be worth waiting for.

As Tirzah rounded the corner, Jaina turned back to Tares, his question still lingering in her mind. "As to those Jedi-related things..." she sighed. "I'm some kind of a Knight, now, I suppose. At any rate, I feel like I can finally cut the metaphysical Padawan braid."

She gestured to the seat in the corner of the lounge where the game table was. "I was about to make myself a cup of caf, anyways. I, uh, took a lightsaber nap in the repair bay, so I'm not likely to fall back asleep anytime soon. Care to join me?"

Jaina stepped out quickly into the corridor, crossing into the galley, and returned mere moments later carrying a tray laden with a ceramic carafe and two mugs, which she set atop the table. Settling cross-legged into the plush top of the curved bench seat, she held her mug in both of her hands and peered through the steam at Tares, studying his features intently.

Finally, she asked the question that had been swimming through her mind, sipping her drink slowly so as to avoid burning her mouth. "What's she like? Tirzah? You've had more interaction with her than I have at this point."

She took another thoughtful sip, and continued haltingly, "She doesn't know, you know. About me."

53bzzl2.png

Tirzah gave Jaina a strange look, but shrugged and headed towards the cabin, but didn't go in just yet, curious to see what the two of them had to talk about. She was a bit put out that Jaina had sent her off to bed like some child, so she stepped into the refresher as Jaina came down the corridor. The girl waited until the footsteps had passed, before stepping out and stepping across long enough to activate the door to the cabin to throw off the other adults. Hiding in the shadows of the corridor, far enough away that she could easily hear what was being said with her heightened senses.

"What's she like? Tirzah? You've had more interaction with her than I have at this point." There was a pause before Jaina added, "She doesn't know, you know. About me."

Tirzah's mind swirled with a thousand and one possibilities. It had seemed odd to her that this woman would have insisted she come along with them, but that the others had seemingly been okay with it. Something was up and the three adults were in on it. Tirzah didn't like it at all. Her mind shifted back to the earlier comment Jaina had made about her lightsaber not having a training setting because "Dark Lord's" didn't believe in them. Tares had even seemed quite different from the Masters that she'd known, and Xae had just promoted Jaina to "some kind of Knight".

Had she made some dire mistake in leaving Tython, she wondered for the thousandth time. Were these "Jedi" in fact some cleverly disguised renegade group? Why had they been so quick to jump at the Grandmaster's proclamations and what they guessed to be his movements?

All her life most people forgot she was there simply by virtue of Tirzah being quiet by nature, she hoped this would work to her advantage as she sought to learn more about what this Jaina person wanted with her.

53bzzl2.png

“Certain members of my board have wanted to have a contract in sith space for years now.” Tares replied, “They would have probably stowed away in the cargo bay like Tirzah if they knew where we were headed.”

The passenger lounge seemed to shrink in size as Jaina and Tirzah shuffled about to interact. Tares noticed a slight change in Jaina’s tone as she directed her daughter to get some sleep. It was a tone similar to how his own mother spoke to him and his brother as children; a tone as universal as the Force itself, one that transcended language.

Jaina replied to his question. She had finally completed her journey toward becoming an actual Jedi knight. The journey took a few twists and turns, to say the least.

“Congratulations.” Tares replied, “I’m sure it will feel freeing to cut off the metaphysical braid.”

He waited in a moment of silence as Jaina disappeared to fetch the mugs of caf. In the Order, caf hadn't been a part of his daily routine. That was his old world. Since those years, the beverage had become the flavor of many similar meetings. It was a fuel for many individuals who poured as much dedication and effort into their work as a Jedi into training.

She came back with a mug in each hand. The steam seemed almost atmospheric in the dim light of the lounge. Tares matched and mirrored her position on the bench seat and embraced the mug in his hands. Instead of drinking it, he merely let the heat leaking from the metal blanket his skin.

"What's she like? Tirzah? You've had more interaction with her than I have at this point." Jaina asked before taking her sip, “She doesn't know, you know. About me."

“I assumed as much after a bit of observation and delicate probing.” He acknowledged with a nod.

He paused to think for a moment. Jaina’s question asked so much more than just the man’s initial impression of a youngling. It didn't deserve the same kind of answer a Jedi might offer of a prospective

“She is mixed: there are some hints of you, of Andon, and traits that are her own.” He finally answered, “She is both strong and vulnerable, head strong and conflicted. She’s definitely dealing with the scars her experiences have left on her, but who isn't in this galaxy?”

Tares knew it was neither the time nor place to get the detailed story of how Jaina and Tirzah had become separated. There were boundaries to respect.

“She can handle the basics of a lightsaber, though.” He observed to steer the conversation, “I couldn't help but notice that new hilt you have hanging on your belt is around her size….”

tares.jpg

Jaina set her mug on the table and unfastened the shoto from her belt. She rolled it back and forth between her palms, watching the metal glisten in the low light. A smile bloomed on her face as she pictured it: a lithe teenage girl in sandy robes, brandishing a saber the color of her father's, a padawan braid snaking out from beneath the dark, gently curling locks, the only part of her that did not immediately recall Jaina's features. Yes, Tares was right. The elements of Tirzah that were not immediately attributed to her or Andon were those that she was interested in uncovering, but that would likely take a good amount of time. Her heart yearned to know the girl, to right the wrongs of her childhood. How to keep Tirzah in her care indefinitely in a way that didn't attract suspicion?

"Yes, it is," she answered finally. "Xae asked me to build three sabers, and this one was built and attuned with Andon in mind, but it feels like it's meant for her."

Jaina set the silvery hilt on the table before her. "I'm glad to hear her time among the Jedi hasn't been idle. Honestly, I'd probably have had a hard time taking her away from her life on Tython if she had adjusted well to it. I can't help but feel like it's been the leading of the Force that has brought her to me."

A thought occurred to her and she laughed quietly. "Either that, or she's just too like me for her own good. I mean, stowing away without any idea of where you're going or what you'll face there? Either extremely brave or incurably stupid," she finished with a wink, turning her sarcastic comment on herself.

She clipped the shoto back on her belt. "Speaking of lightsabers, do you still have mine?" Resting her elbows on the table, she tilted her head to one side, staring searchingly into Tares' eyes. "I've always trusted your guidance and judgement. Answer me honestly, Tares," she said, and heaved a sigh before continuing. "Do you think it's a bad idea for me to make her my padawan?"

53bzzl2.png

Tares considered the weight of Jaina's question as he set her lightsaber hilt alongside her mug on the table between them. Once again, this was a question that went beyond typical decisions a newly knighted Jedi would have to make. In some ways, Tares was surprised she was even asking for his guidance. He hadn't dealt with matters of training new Jedi in years.

“That is a difficult question to answer.” He eventually replied while studying the smaller hilt Jaina had just described; the one for her daughter, “To me, there are two parts to that question: should you train her at all? And, if so, as a Jedi knight she has just met, or as a...?” He let the word "mother" trail off.

He traced the curves and edges of the silvery hilt as he thought. The padawan/master relationship was a unique connection, one he still felt with Skye even after the years had diverged them onto separate paths; but, it was also a delicate and potentially complicated one.

“She has resentment deep down.” He confessed honestly, “I could hear it in the way she spoke of her past that led her to the Order. I can only imagine what her true feelings are. She probably doesn't even truly know. There is, however, a sense of abandonment there.”

Tares tried to keep the tone of his words neutral to avoid giving off any unintended judgment on the situation. Things were complex: something he knew all too well.

He continued, “I can't honestly say whether it would be a good idea or not. The strict, traditional Jedi answer would be ‘no.’ They had their reasons for forbidding families in the first place. Even common sense might suggest ‘no.’ There are no doubt plenty of Jedi who could give her a good education.”

“On the other hand,” He diverged, “If she were my own, I would want nothing more than to walk on that path with her, guiding her from my own experiences. But that would be a risky and dangerous path for the two of you. When she discovers the truth, intentionally or otherwise, and that relationship exists between you two, that truth will test it and change it. Perhaps even destroy it. That needs to be a risk worth taking if you truly want to be her teacher….”

tares.jpg

Tobias glanced around the common room while his guests got situated. Ever present were the datapads- for the sake of establishing- they had all been encrypted, and sufficiently routed through other channels. Ones the Jedi would not even know about. Ever since Slicer's passing- Vos had been trying to unlock all of the Sith- Bounty Hunter's network. So far with limited success. The communication terminals the two had communicated on were dusty- but still operational and intact. Meaning no one had been using them. Old bits and pieces of that area had come back online. Even some communications had been stored in the banks of one of the servers. Further excavation would need to come through before anything of value came about. Namely- the droid factories that once had belonged to Slicer's Empire. Not the actually Imperials, but an empire all his own.

Vos scratched his face as he reviewed a Jedi Knight's profile. His name was Lord Paragrin, fashioned after an old Correllian legend- if Vos was reading this right. Tobias and he had been communicating back and forth quite a bit over this network. Even the Jedi Knight didn't know Tobias's real name and by de facto- his background. The two had been conversing for quite some time now. The blue skinned alien had a commanding voice, and Vos assumed that was typical of the Chiss. Which was perfect, because Lord Paragrin was a Chiss. The Jedi Knight was currently on assignment of Vos's own doing. Through their correspondence Vos and Paragrin had been networking. The underground field of reports that were coming in- and being sifted through was interesting. It also had backed up Vos's tracking. The Eternal Vigilance had been set adrift- it appeared. All contact had been lost, and there were no reports of UFO's near Lehon. Luckily- there was another Jedi Knight Tobias had been in contact with.

While there were a great many things happening across the galaxy- few came to the attention of Vos. He scrolled through his datapads again, looking for a report on Catnip. None were pressing, so he continued on. Sliding a good amount of credits to Quarterly Holdings a Muun investing group who had- in short tiding- redoubled his energy and efforts. The drop of water in the pond will forever ripple. Dahar had been right- the Jedi did have a nearly unlimited amount of credits- and Vos was indeed putting that to the test. With the purchase of the trade goods he was investing and manipulation for the rest of the galaxy- Catnip Station- this ship- Lord Paragrin- SPECTRE- Sarah- The Wardens- The Friendship- The Circle- Molly's Way all groups he had been in contact, in what ever manner big or large, with as a result of his new friends at the holding/Investing group. Most of the money- bolstered by a few commas in the mix- was funneled back into the Jedi Order. Of course, all through legitmate means. None of which were politically motivated.

Which left Vos to his next thought- it was as if the Galactic Alliance had not moved one way or another on the topic of the Remnant splitting off- Raven taking her worlds that were key to the Alliance- and breaking them off. As if it were severing a hand almost. The impact would be felt for the beings in the galaxy- Alliance aligned, Remnant aligned, or even with no stake in either of the main political parties. But in a bid to bolster their cause the Imperial Remnant had extended an olive branch to the Jedi. Partially due to the fact- Vos was guessing- that Aira had been among the speakers when the peace had been brokered. The Jedi even nibbled at it- and if his assumption was right- that was where Aira and the others were. Time seemed to have moved slower inside of the deep core- Tython, A product of the light side presence? Perhaps, but it would take further investigating that Vos did not have time for.

The Jedi were quickly to align themselves with a political faction- with what little benefits that would bring them. Why politically throw in with the Imperials and turn their back to the Alliance? Ultimately they would have some sanctions imposed. It was only a matter of time, why did no one else see it? Granted he was lurking int he shadows and had jumped at the opportunity to start up a partnership with Raven and the Imperials. So quickly, in fact... it wasn't long ago where the Jedi were slaughtering the Imperial Storm troopers. Was she luring them into a trap? Again with the association of the Jedi Order- roping himself in. He would need to stop. There were already dark energies gathering against him. That thought was specifically indicated at him. It was funny how one person can snowball a whole report- of trade and securing trade routes into a bad thing? Too many things were on his mind- and all he wanted to do was lapse into meditation- sort this out on his own with the guidance of just the Force. But seeing Sabatin was a sign. Of what though? He would have to write a note to himself about that for later.

Looking at another datapad, this time it was a Nautolan Jedi Knight. Newly appointed from the looks of his record. An adept individual that mirrored the long dead - Jedi Master Kit Fisto. This Jedi had also been in contact with Vos, and had agreed to be part of his plan- even if he didn't outright know or say as much. The alien had also been assigned a mission to which he was currently on- en route to Lehon. He was young and ready to achieve success. Armed with a report from Trushaun- the Knight knew what he was getting into. It was no easy task to clear a cult out- but Lord Paragrin did have a way with words. That would get the job done with little to no bloodshed. Vos had no time to attend to the Temple, he had to stop over at the shipyards- and then the next choice would be Adenna's. She's the one that had the padawan to train after all. Certain things could not be overlooked. While others could- retracing the past could wait. Either way, he would wait until Sandy or Adenna came to speak with him further. Formulate some sort of game plan.

Where was Sarah? That was a question that was pressing- she was to be in position to go talk to Raven- and convey the Jedi response. Reaching out- he looked for her signature- as well as Sabatin's. If he really had survived... this would be an issue. How many more would follow him? Willingly or from his manipulations as so many of them had done before. Maybe this was a entire plot line that was being exploited by forces not of this universe. Others that inflict their knowledge- and pull the strings- while being all knowing and manipulating people and events that were present in this realm. The Ancient One's were powerful, and the Seers and Seekers tried to counter their plans. So far- Tobias had been on the losing end. But the round was about over. the page was to be turned, and it would be his turn. He had his Jedi agents going to Carida, Lehon, Corusant, and Korriban. Some devoted intel resources would be welcome. That would result in better reports- better informing him of the actions around the galaxy.

He hadn't seen any PIT Droids in a hot minute, so after he reached out- he would have to make his way to the cockpit to see what was going on with them. If any further issues had come up.

To be fair, she had asked him to tell her what she might not want to hear, but hearing it wasn't any easier as a result. No matter what I do, it seems that Tirzah loses, she thought solemnly. She took another sip of her caf to swallow away the lump in her throat and stared a little too intently into the dregs at the bottom of her cup. "You're right, of course," she said, forcing as much nonchalance into her tone as she could. "Mostly, I care about keeping her safe. If word ever got out in the greater galaxy about who she really is, my fear is that she would attract more attention than she's capable of dealing with at this point."

Setting her cup on the table, she clipped her own lightsaber onto her belt and reached across the table to squeeze Tares' hand. "Thank you," she said quietly. "I have a lot to think about. Perhaps the best course of action is leaving her path up to her," she added sagely, "at least, for the moment."

Setting her feet gingerly on the cold floor, she stood. "I'm going to the cockpit to check on our progress. When you're through with whatever work you have to do, I'd be happy to have you join me."

Jaina left the carafe and her empty cup on the table for the time being, and padded down the corridor towards the cockpit. As she rounded the corner, she thought she saw a blur of movement disappearing into the crew quarters, and her heart jumped into her throat. Through the Force, she reached out for her daughter, and detected a strange wave of emotion rolling off of Tirzah. She couldn't quite place the dominant emotion. As Tares had mentioned, the girl felt conflicted, somewhat at war with herself. Had she eavesdropped on their conversation, that might explain the odd combination of feelings she emanated through the Force. If that was the case, however, it might be even more important that she force a conversation with the girl.

But that could wait until tomorrow, and Raxus Prime.

As she entered the cockpit, she watched the starlines drift by, her thoughts wandering, until her head drooped to one side and she slept, curled up like a kitterpat in the generously sized pilot's chair.

---

The hyperspace reversion alarm jolted her from a dreamless sleep, and as she opened her eyes, the first planet of the Raxus system hovered in the viewscreen. Toggling the shipwide comm on, she announced, "We're headed planetside, everyone. Get ready."

Reaching out into the Force, she whispered to Tirzah, Good morning. I have something for you.

Odd, she thought to herself after a moment, that landing control from the palace hasn't reached out. Ah, well, it's been a long time.

Tapping out the requisite landing codes to deactivate the security matrix protecting John's palace, Jaina steered the Traitor's Hope in a descending arc towards the grand Sith Temple on Raxus Prime.

53bzzl2.png

Once her and Sandy's packs were stowed in one of the cabins, Adenna took her apprentice to the small common area and sat down with her legs crossed on the cold floor. She could tell Tobias was rather busy, so she would let him do his work and see what she could do to begin Sandy's training. "It has been some time since we last met," she said, "and I can feel that you have learned much of the Force." Calmly, she reached to her belt and pulled out a small knife. "There are many ways to hurt, maim, and kill in this Galaxy, so many that it is an easy thing to do. Far more difficult is the ability to do the opposite: to heal injuries and sickness is a far more noble, complex thing.

"I did not choose to focus on healing, but the Force had plans for me regardless. Due to my terrible injuries suffered at the hands of Jidai Geki, I was cursed and blessed with nanites that I can use to cause harm of healing. It comes at a cost, so it is not entirely a boon. I will not inflict that upon you, but I do believe it is time for you to learn how to heal others."

Without blinking, she ran the sharp edge of the knife along her palm, slicing through skin and drawing blood. The pain was easy to shunt away and ignore: it was nothing compared to some of the injuries she had suffered. In a calm, serene voice, she started her instructions. "You know the basics of healing, it is time for you to learn to take that and build upon it to learn how to affect that on others. To do so, you need to look at me through the Force. Sense the flow of my body and sense where that flow is disrupted and in chaos. Your job is to bring that discord into balance by stretching out your own essence through the Force and merging it with mine. Once you have done that, you can more easily control what is happening in my body. Just as you do with your own body when you are in a healing trance, you need to stimulate my body's own natural healing abilities. You need to use the Force to promote a renewal of life, a rapid repair of my tissues, and a rebirth of cells.

"You won't instantly heal my cut, but you should be able to stop the bleeding and get me well on the way to a rapid recovery. In time, when you are able to do this in others, I can show you how to combat disease and perform more complex healing. If you truly excel at healing and wish to take it further, I will be honored to show you how to heal and cure at a molecular level. Those results can be quite impressive, but for now," she said as she extended her bleeding hand, "I need you to start with my hand. I will guide you some of the way, but you must learn to do this on your own."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Vos stretched his neck- enough to crack it. He was eager to get to Catnip Station- see which of his designs had been incorporated to the station. Scrolling over the news networks- as well as some other reports, he tried to gauge if his whole process was big enough to make a slight suggestion in the stock market- or even hit the news nets. So far- there was just a little impact. The market on plasma for fuel was increasing. Tibiani gas- a form a heat and power for blasters- was dipping slightly. Which- there were certain companies that had a corner on the market. It seems a new person in the market had found a way to produce it cheaper- if only by shaving off credits. That allowed for a push in the market. Existing companies had taken a hit- but that particular company was doing incredibly well. While the stock price wasn't the greatest, on the galactic scale, it was showing gains already. A company that Vos had invest in. Looks like it had been paying off. Or at least it would in a few months when the quarterly report came out. He had put forth that one of the companies would go out of business- and he would be in a position to purchase that company- keep the employees working, and come out on top with the mole miners and construction droids that the other company owns. Any of the current ones would do, all of his companies equipment was new...ish.

This enabled him to have access to to survey droids. A whole slew of them. He had sent out a few, under the impression to survey for the gas, plasma, and any metallic signatures that could turn a profit. Geological surveys of several worlds cover his true intentions. But for now, he continued his reading- a faint touch from the Force- pain- sitting up he looked into it further- no sense of emergency was there. The girls were fine, he tilted his head. They were only down the hall a few meters, but he wasn't needed. Adenna and Sandy would come out in their own time. Meanwhile- he went back to his reading. But only for a moment. Tobias felt the need to continue his schematic from earlier. Securing his materials, standing up with a glance around. Still no droids.

Taking a dozen steps he was out the main area and in the hallway on the opposite side of the ship- heading towards his room. There was some sort of mental relaxation while he drew. A new hobby...hidden talent? Perhaps if he wasn't a Jedi, he would have been an architect. At least now- he could put the new found talent into practice for a good cause. Sitting down to the table, he entered the code- spoke the phrase- and pressed his thumb to the scanner to give a blood sample as well as a print identification. He had considered adding another layer- a force user puzzle to activate the table, but had decided against it. There was one or five people that he could foresee needing to use the panel in his absence. Scrolling through his catalog of projects- he found one he had to invest time in. Tightening his jaw under consideration. Opening the schematic- his datapad chimed in- more violence. Hitting the command that would play it out loud. For the time being, he let the Force flow through him and he let it refresh him- guide his hand as he drew. All the while- listening. It was a few hours to Catnip.

As the Sanctis Cogitatione passed from hyperspace and into the darkness of deep space, Kyrie’s eyes fluttered open. The stimcaf was wearing off and the exhaustion from her training regime was beginning to set in. She could feel her muscles churning with microspasms indicative of an oncoming cramp. She stumbled from the hard decking of her ship to the self-warming comfort of the pilot's chair. The nerf-leather caressed her tired skin and she reclined it slightly as the navicomputer calculated another safe microjump. She paused the procedure and activated the long-range communication array, dialing in the private comlink of the Jedi Grandmaster, Dahar.

“My name is Kyrie Eleison, freshly knighted Exorcist. I fought in defense of Gala if you were there. I am requesting orders.”

She flicked the mute-switch and paused for a second, before continuing her message. Using the Force to strengthen her voice and rid it of her natural stutter was exausting.

“If I receive no orders, I shall proceed to Coruscant to investigate the terrorist attacks ongoing there. Firebrand One out.”

She ended the message and cursed to herself. Her first introduction to the Jedi’s Grandmaster and she had finished it with an idiotic callsign. The young Exorcist groaned and let the navicomputer take over, jumping the small freighter into hyperspace once more

kyrie.png.529a6b96a133828163a998c9b43e5d11.png

Emily’s heartbeat picked up as she saw the light flicker on the comm. Jaina had responded much quicker this time, and she hoped it was a favorable reply. Turning in the pilot’s chair, she hit the flashing green button.

"Emily, it's Jaina. You're right, family should stay together. I'm coming home…Meet me in the lava.”

Home… For a moment, Emily didn’t know what Jaina was referring to. She knew little about her aunt—where would home be? As far as Jaina knew, Emily’s home was Raxus Prime…but there were no volcanoes there. What could she mean by ‘meet her in the lava’?

She wracked her brain. All of a sudden, a memory came over her, faint and vague at first but quickly growing more vivid…

She stood in the hanger on Raxus Prime, her hand in her uncle Andon’s, Jaina on the other side of them. "Something's wrong here..." Andon suddenly said.

Emily tugged lightly on his hand as she looked up at him, puzzled. She sensed nothing wrong.

"This hangar isn't what it should be. It's the floors..." he whispered, pulling her and Jaina closer, "... they're made... OF LAVA!"

In one swift motion he lifted Jaina and Emily up into his arms and leapt up onto a nearby crate. "That was a close one," he said, "it almost got us."

Emily looked at him quizzically. "But there's nothing on the floor!"

She saw her aunt and uncle trade smirks. "That's because it's special invisible lava...” Andon replied. “Tricky stuff, it likes to spend its time in hangars... it thinks starships are awesome."

The 5-year-old Emily had caught on by now. She grinned. "How do we get rid of it?" she asked. "I don't think Mommy and Daddy want to play with the lava."

Jaina giggled. "Every hangar has a special button that sucks the invisible lava down the drain. It's all the way over there," she said pointing to a panel on the far side of the room. "I'm sure you and Uncle Andon can get over there in time."

Andon gathered Emily tightly in his arms, and, demonstrating Jedi flexibility and Force agility, took multiple leaps across the hanger towards the door, Emily giggling. She caught sight of Jaina’s face as they leapt, and her aunt’s face was so full of love and joy and happiness that it made the adult Emily’s heart twinge…

The memory faded. Emily grinned. The Force was clearly guiding her—she had had no idea that she even remembered that. Her fingers flew over the controls, punching in the coordinates she knew like the back of her hand. It had been a long time since she had been to her childhood home--too long. Raxus Prime was calling.

She threw the lever, and the Shadow’s Shine vanished into hyperspace with a flicker of pseudomotion.

"Days in the sun...what I'd give to relive just one. Undo what's done, and bring back the light."

Dahar and Aryian were listening to their favorite dubstep mix on the holo when the message from Kyrie came through.

Dahar lowered the music and sent out a reply.

"Congratulations on your promotion, Knight Elesion. If you feel lead to Coruscant please follow your instincts. Should you need backup contact me as soon as possible. I will soon be meeting with Master Kirlocca, I will inform him of your mission. Our strength is in our unity, don't ever forget. May the Force be with you."

"What do you think of that?" Dahar asked to Aryian. "The chaos out there never ends."

The ship began to beep letting them know they were approaching Ossus.

"When is the last time you saw Kirlocca?"

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away...

It was mean to manipulate the market, but if the manipulations would make the galaxy safer- it would all be worth it. The unemployment problem would weigh on his mind to an extent. Which was a credit to his thought process. A bit touching that he was still looking out for the little guy. Not that he considered himself above the regular people of the galaxy- just different and in a position of power. Shaking the thought from his mind- he tuned out to continue drawing. A report came in that the reactor and hyperdrive had been installed- powered- tested- passed- at the Station. He smiled slyly. A new idea formed in his mind. Perhaps not a new idea, but one he had since long forgotten about. His eyes narrowed- the Force was no longer telling him to draw or listen to reports. No, now was time to unravel some mysteries.

Locking the screen on the artist table, he stood up. A shoulder rotation, and a neck crack, he made sure he flexed his joints. Last time he sat down with the mask frame- it had taken quite a bit out of him. Physically and mentally. Calling over the comm- "Knight, if Adenna and Sandy need me- come get me. Knock on my door, and I will wake up. Ni and Ikky, you two just get us to Catnip Station intact." Two paces and he was climbing into his bed. Small but adequate. Crossing his legs, he reached into the bag- and withdrew the metal frame. Holding it in his gloved hands, he took one last deep breath and took his gloves off- slow and measure- he held out his hands with the palms up. The frame dropped into his hands. Staring into where the visor had been he envisioned it reformed- as if brand new. Clearing his throat, Tobias fell into a psychometry trance with the mask- bolstered by the Force. The sounds of the ship faded away, and there he sat in his own darkness.

Careening through hyperspace in a box made of metal, Kitaara considered her surroundings. Haphaestus had led her to what appeared to be some kind of control room for the ship, but none of the others who had followed had joined them here. She hadn't thought much of it immediately, but now that they were putting lightyears between them and the only planet she had ever known, she began to feel more and more curious about their next steps.

This foremost room boasted four seats, all on swivels. She moved to sit in one of the seats toward the rear, but was suddenly aware of the mixture of blood spattered all along her body, and felt somehow shameful at the prospect of dirtying the upholstery. The reality of what she had done to arrive here began to catch up to her. Kitaara's knees gave way, and she collapsed with an oomph of exhaled air as she sat too forcefully on the floor. Scooting back into the rear corner of the cockpit, she wrapped her bloodstained hands around the knees she pulled tightly to her chest.

"You and the others can never return to Ryloth," came Haphaestus' voice.

Her lekku twitched in rhythmic perpetual motion, distracting her only minutely from the dying gurgles of the two beings she had just murdered in the ryll mines that replayed constantly in her mind. She gave no indication that she had heard him, wide eyes staring aimlessly into the long lines of the stars that whizzed by them. Eventually, with no awareness of the amount of time that had passed, she spoke. "There is nothing for me there," she said, barely loud enough to be heard over the low-level din. The ryll mines were utterly dark and extremely quiet, and conversely, hyperspace was ablaze with light, the engines of the ship a constant hum resonating through her sensitive ear nubs. Dimly, she knew that what she had told him was not entirely accurate, but her brother was likely long dead. There would be no use looking for him, and it was certainly not something she had energy to waste on now.

"Where are we going?" she asked in an effort to shake off her thoughts.

uCPChif.png

For when devils do the blackest sins put on, they do suggest at first with heavenly shows...

"A world called Nubia," Haphaestus answered. "There are organizations there that will help our passengers begin a new life, though great trials await them in the coming days." Biological beings like Twi'leks were exceptionally frail. There was no doubt that their slavemasters had kept them chemically dependent on drugs, and the withdrawal effects would start hitting soon. Even if they managed through medical care to get through that, they had no resources and no skills. Frankly he didn't care about them at all, and considered just spacing the lot of them, but having seen what Kitaara had the potential to become thought it would be better to at least pretend otherwise for her sake.

"Your own destiny lies down a different path than theirs, if you wish it," he intoned. "The Force is strong with you. Tell me -- have you ever manifested your latent powers? Perhaps in a time of great emotion, objects may move, or in times of stress, another being is influenced by your will."

HOWEsON.png

The darkness faded away into a white plane of existence- nothing to see, really. He took a tested step- the ground seemed solid- but he didn't take a full step before a red beam of light shot through his chest with a snap-hiss. His eyes went wide- his own lightsaber was not on his belt. The pain started to settle in a bit- his own flesh burning as the red blade disappeared back through him. The stench was horrid- and Vos staggered forward. Turning to face who/what attacked him. There stood the black hooded figure- the all too familiar mask.

Slicer.

Part of him wanted to scream out in anger at him, but this was supposed to be a vision- but the pain was all too real. The energy blade seemed to have missed his heart and esophagus- he could still breath and pump blood to his limbs. Running through the Jedi techniques for pain suppression and clarity- he sized up the figure. "No." Vos scolded- Slicer.

"Tell me where it is. Now." Vos demanded.

"Those things belong to me. I took all those to the grave." He juked to his right-then shot left- bring his saber up from the ground left to a sweep up and to the right.

Vos collected the energy he needed and reached out- and gripped the saber in his left hand- or at least in some sort of Force Hold. Then he brought his fist to the figure's throat. A moist crack came from both his hand and Slicer's neck. The black figure staggered back as the saber slid from Vos's hands. There was no friction to hold that weapon there. "I need the network. Where is your ship?" The Force ran through the words.

"You have to get through me, here and now in order to get there." The voice was stiff- as was his body. But with a slight shimmer, the dark figure moved in again. Vos moved to counter- the hole in his chest forgotten for the moment. The Jedi Techniques were working.

So be it. Vos thought- and brought kinetite to bear. Blasting his opponent with the form of kinetic energy. Armament components started to fire off- Slicer's wire, a blaster pack popped, and the mechanics from the armor's movement enhancers fidgeted. Slowing but not stopping, he still moved closer. Pulling the kinetite back to close range- he raised a force shield in each hand. Deflection here, another- and the two melded into a series of block/counter/block and Vos just carried the energy around him- using the momentum to build. His mind blank- he wasn't distracted from the series of attacks. Slicer was giving into his frustration- and Vos knew the opening was seconds away. Slicer spun low in a sweeping kick- but Vos had side stepped bring the heel of his boot to the figure's neck. Another wet crack- he fell down- the saber fell away.

Pressing the attack- Vos kept the attack focused on the neck and kidneys. Kinetic energy ran through his fists and into the fallen figure. The figure slowed- and the muscles relaxed. No movement- save for the chest of the figure rising and lowering. Vos sat on the figure- a distinct crack in the rib cage as Vos landed. Looking over and down to the figures mask- "Now, about that ship..."

It was an odd vision to have- always fighting Slicer but the psychometry was an odd power to use. The two would have their conversation, and Vos would learn what he needed to. The mask had physically been with the sith bounty hunter for years, and now it was time to spill its secrets. Where it had gone, done, and seen. Perhaps he would have to return to Gala after all. The ship or at least the computer would be found. There would be more challenges to the set up, the lingering dark residue would continue to try and keep its secrets. It would not. Vos would pass these tests.

~~~~

Knight stood stationary in the common room, awaiting the two girls in case he had to go rouse his new master from his tasks. A silent sentry in the common room.

Sandy sat with her bony knees tucked under her, leaning back on her heels. She flinched slightly watching Adenna cut her palm. Though a practical injury to initially deal with, it was a costly one if Sandy failed. Sandy resisted the urge to grasp as Adenna’s hand and stop the bleeding with the normal pressure and elevation techniques she had learned at the temple’s basic first aid courses. SHe let her held in breath slowly exhale through her thin lips and fell into the force. The force flooded her every sense and she caught hold of her own sphere of presence. Slowly she extended it into sphere that touched her master's force presence. It was an unnaturally intimate thing. Sandy knew that if she tried she could delve into secrets and senses usually forbidden but she instead let the spheres merge completely and with the force touched into Adenna. She could sense the pain from the cut and could sense the burning sensation that came from a deep cut as the body rushed to send clotting material to the location.

Sandy could feel the cut, and concentrated on the cells and tissues. Torn and bleeding, Sandy used the force to slowly speed up the natural healing mechanisms. Firse concentrating on the clotting, she gathered the platelets and proteins into the cut vessels, initially sealing off the profuse bleeding within a minute but she was stuck at sealing the wound completely. She pushed back the sense of insecurity and failure that boiled up and sunk back into the force. She knew that her master would guide her through the next step of the process.

senay.png.2f049a5f093fee4ce31600cce37c9cbb.png

Calix Meus Inebrians

Though she remained completely motionless, inside, Adenna was pleased at her apprentice's efforts. Frustration was often a foil of students, but Sandy kept hers in check and both completed the task at hand and trusted in her teacher to guide her. She kept most of that emotion sealed off, but allowed a very small part of it to bleed out where her student could sense it.

What was next could not be conveyed in words, but had to be shown. Though it wasn't as easy as using the nanites that coursed through her blood, Adenna still remembered how to heal the "natural" Jedi way. Making sure to keep their shared connection in the Force strong so Sandy could sense what she was doing, Adenna's attention went not to drawing cells and sealing off the wound as Sandy had done, but to reaching out to the very cells near the wound to stimulate their cellular division. In a matter of seconds, the cells near the cut were reproducing at astronomical rates spurred on by the Force. These new cells formed fresh skin and fat while reconnecting severed muscles and blood vessels. Throughout the process, she gently guided the cells, but most of it was left to the Force and her own body's natural instinct to heal.

Within a minute or two, the cut was gone replaced by a slightly pink strip of new flesh that would, over the next couple of days, blend into the rest of her hand without so much as a scar. When it was finished, Adenna pulled back from the shared Force connection and took a deep breath. She loved healing, it was one of the most purely Light things that anyone could do, even if it was to herself. "I do not expect you to master that just yet, but I sincerely hoped you watched and learned the basics. In the mean time, I want you to read upon the technique and let the experience guide you with those words to a deeper understanding of the skill. We will practice again this evening."

She got up and rested her hand on Sandy's shoulder. "You did well in controlling your feelings. Tonight, I will let you do the entire healing if you can."

Adenna went to where she could sense Tobias in his quarters. Though she had been focused on the healing, her situational awareness had picked up some very odd things from him and she was curious about what he was up to. She didn't want to just barge in, though it seemed as though a droid was taking interest in her desire to talk to its owner. "Yes, I would like to speak with him," she told it.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

"Y-yes," she stammered in surprise, feeling with one hand for the darkvision goggles she had perched on top of her head. "I have found many times that strange things happen when I am feeling afraid, or upset, or angry. I lied to Utunavi about stealing these. Such a lie would normally earn lashes, or other... punishment."

Involuntarily, Kitaara shuddered, trying to tamp down the horrifying memories. "But he simply accepted my lie, even repeated it back to me. And today, when the Free Ryloth fighters killed Ivaani, I wanted to hurt them, to tear them apart. But instead, the door to my cell was torn apart. If I had known I could release myself, I would have never needed to call those schutta and none of this would have happened."

She frowned slightly in concentration. "Is there a way to do such things upon command, to direct this Force?"

uCPChif.png

For when devils do the blackest sins put on, they do suggest at first with heavenly shows...

It was...strange to be alone again.

Emily had spent a lot of her life alone. She was used to it. Normally her times in hyperspace had been spent studying, practicing her Force skills or lightsaber forms, working with Roe'gall. And she was certainly going to do some of that during her several days' journey to her parents' temple. But for now, all the silence did was make her think, and in the absence of things happening, she was finally able to have the time to process all of it.

It had been just over a week since everything had changed. Not even two weeks since she had become a Master. After years of very little happening, suddenly everything was coming at her in a rush.

Raia was going to be an interesting apprentice. She liked the girl. Raia was curious, open, and eager to learn, if still having difficulty not being constantly overwhelmed. But that was completely understandable. She couldn't imagine what the girl was feeling. Emily remembered her first steps into learning the Force, and how incredible, and amazing, and--yes, overwhelming--it had been. Add the level of culture shock the girl was experiencing, and it was amazing she was doing as well as she was. Emily wished she knew better how to help her. Like it or not, she was responsible for Raia now. She had as good as declared an oath when she had taken Raia as her apprentice. She didn't delude herself--Emily had made some legitimate mistakes, letting her emotions get the best of her in the Last Call. But her apprentice had forgiven her, and she looked forward to moving forward together. That didn't mean it wasn't intimidating...but Emily knew that all she could do was share her knowledge and experiences and do her best. The others would help--indeed, Raynuk had taken a particular interest in the girl--but Emily knew that ultimately, Raia's success or failure rested on her shoulders.

Speaking of Raynuk...You'd think I'd be used to him popping in and out of my life by now, but I admit this time really took me by surprise. She was glad he was back--so incredibly glad--but she wasn't sure what this meant in the grand scheme of things. Had the Force now forgiven her? Was it making up for the cruelty it had inflicted upon her time and again? They had another chance to be together, and while Emily cared about many things, he was the thing she cared about the most. She had admitted that to herself years ago, and it was still true today. She wanted to be with him, to support him, to hunt his enemies together. It wasn't that he completed her, or any over-romanticized nonsense like that. She was a whole person on her own. She had learned how to be one. But that didn't mean she wanted that. They were simply better together.

She turned her mind to musing how he had changed since his return. Her suspicion was that he was no longer Darth Quietus as much as she was no longer Darth Eris. And that was significant. He had never questioned his dedication to the dark side--not that she knew, not in the way she had. But nevertheless, he didn't seem as fully committed to it as he had been in the past. That, to Emily's mind, was a good thing. She loved Quietus, but she didn't want to see him have to pay the same price she had for full commitment to the dark side.

She shuddered. It had been such a narrow shave for her. Eris had almost completely won, and if the price hadn't been the life of her unborn child, she knew deep down that she never would have been able to come back. She would have fallen so far that she'd be nothing but a shell, a tool for the dark side to use as it chose. A moment of disquiet entered her heart. She had never told Raynuk about that moment. She had intended to, but by the time she had pulled herself out of the dark side's clutches enough to be willing to face up to the truth, he had died. She hadn't gotten an opportunity. And now...was it even worth bringing up an old hurt? That belonged in the past--and what she cared about now was the present and the future. Still...Raynuk's face when he had found out about the message from Jaina floated before her eyes. Perhaps she should tell him, just to make sure that everything was out in the open.

She shook her head. He wasn't going to take it well. Quietus might have understood Eris' actions, might not have cared. But Raynuk would, just as Emily did. She didn't want to break his trust in her again. But he would understand her regret, how she had been tricked into destroying what she most loved. And if he didn't...well, when she told him--if she told him--she'd have to cross that bridge when she came to it. Perhaps that would cause her to lose him. The thought caused her breath to catch in her throat, but she forced the pain away. She knew she'd lose him again at some point. It was inevitable. And she had walked into this with her eyes wide open.

But that didn't mean that she wouldn't fight it with every atom in her body.

Her stomach rumbled, breaking off her train of thought. She rose and headed to the kitchenette. Unwrapping a nerf steak, she tossed it in the food prep unit. While it heated up, she poured herself a glass of juice made from a fruit native to Rish'navin. Thinking of Rish'navin reminded her where she was heading. She hadn't been to Raxus Prime in several years, but she was sure little had changed. The Sith Order--and the galaxy at large--had largely forgotten about the proud obsidian temple on the junkyard world. The food unit beeped and she pulled out the steak and grabbed her juice, taking a seat at the small kitchenette table. It would be good to be be back, she thought as she tucked in to the food. I bet Meelmaim is still ordering all the other household slaves around, she thought with an amused smile.

And Jaina was there. That was going to be an interesting reunion. She didn't know her aunt--not really. She had vague memories of her from when she was a girl, a few holos, and the history she had learned from Raynuk, but that was it. But it didn't really matter: Jaina was family, and as far as Emily was concerned, that meant that she would do anything for her aunt. It was going to be strange, and awkward, and there might be even some confusion and defensiveness when her aunt found out about Raynuk--how will she feel when she realizes her ex is together with her niece?--but nevertheless, Emily was excited.

It wasn't every day that Emily gained family. Not at all.

The memories bubbled up from the frame- showing Vos what he wanted, what he needed to track down some bits and pieces of his former master. Hunting the Duro- getting Sooba assigned to him- nothing of real substance but the foundation had been built. Every adventure started with the first few steps. There was a metallic pounding as he viewed himself and Sooba together. Lingering for just a moment, as if trying to remember every little detail from Sooba. With a sigh- he closed down the connection to the metal frame, and returned to his cabin. Orientating himself once again to his surroundings- he called a towel over to mop off his forehead and neck. He was touched with sweat and cleaned himself up just a bit before gathering a glass of water. Making his way to the door- a quick three paces- he was greeted by Knight- who promptly pointed back down the hallway to the common room. Nodding, the two walked back down the hall.

The frame had been left on the bed, as well as his gloves. Forgotten in the dizzying sensation of returning to his senses. While, he didn't necessarily hide it, he knew that was a conversation that would inevitably happen.

Reaching the common room- he looked to see Adenna there. Smiling, he thanked Knight, and had the droid return to the cockpit with Ni and Ikky. Turning his attention to the woman in the room- he found a bench along the back wall- even though it wasn't really a big room there was enough seating for six people. Sitting down on the bench, he sighed. "Sorry, I was doing some... investigating.. meditating... little of both?"

He took another gulp of water from his cup, set it down on the table beside him and rested his back against the wall. "I've often wondered about taking a padawan for myself. I mean, train them... but I don't think I am quite willing to put myself out there. I don't think I'd be able to do it right. Then again, I've been in a transition phase?" He chuckled, and continued- motioning to a seat in the common room. "But anyways, you have questions of me. Where we are going perhaps? What is Dahar thinking? What am I doing... what is my role in all this?" Tobias wavered his head back and forth as if trying to think of the right layout for the words he was about to speak.

"The explanations are complicated and layered- but I will do my best to explain. This path is not of my own choosing, I have not manipulated anyone to earn my position. Granted everything happened so quickly even some of it maybe lost on my end. Dahar has named me a Jedi Master and... part of the Council. I really don't know what to make of that decision, but it was evident that he does have a plan. At least I think so, since his last Order-wide message... I don't know what to make of this situation. I've been given the task of preparing for the classic battle between the Light and Dark. It's going to be different than what we've experienced in the past, but the future is forever in motion- changing at the slightest hint of alchemy among the stars. I have since been given substantial resources to prepare. Right now, we are going to a new Space Station. A replacement for the Helix Station lost a few years ago. So far only myself, the three musketeers up front, one of my assistants, and now you and soon to be Sandy will know of it. I have committed a substantial portion of the resources under my control to spur a bit of an economic growth across the galaxy. In the Jedi's absence, private citizens have been collecting Force Relics. Dark and Light, so I've asked Master Xae-Lin to track some of these down. I left it pretty open, and I don't think she was too keen on the change in the Order, recently." Here he shrugged, and took a breath.

"But we will see how that plays out. Right now, the Order doesn't really know who I am, and to prevent any panic I'd like to keep it a bit hush-hush. Moving on- I have an idea about the upcoming battle, but- I don't want to overstep my boundaries- within the Force or within the Order. When I was with the Sith" He gritted his teeth- forcing the words to come out. "We were given no oversight, really. Within the Jedi- there is a limit on what is acceptable. I'll admit I'm lost in that aspect. How far can I go to press the Sith- without endangering myself, The Order, or even the galaxy. That's why I asked you along, if you intend to kill me should I stray too far- where is the breaking point? Where is that limit? Should we go on the offensive with the Sith, or should we wait and see what happens? I don't know. I know this is a bit to process, I've been lost in my own thoughts for too long, so yeah. Rambling." He raised his eyebrows that would indicate he wasn't too pleased with how much he had just rambled on and on about. Maybe she wasn't even asking for all this, just to see if she and Sandy could get some food, or something else. A huffed a laugh and took another drink. Crossing his legs and stretching his arms out- he waited for her to digest what he had just said.