Space

Ary the Grey

"A Garral?" she asked calming quietly, eying the young creature suspiciously as he munched happily on the treat. She had seen some of the small creatures that her owner had kept, "pets" she'd heard them called. This confused her though, because she'd also heard that same term applied to her as well. "What is his purpose?"

Elnia nodded in response to Roene's offer to teach her more about her own race. She was a little embarrassed that she didn't know all that she should at her age, but knew that it hadn't really been her fault. "I would like that very much. I was..." she trailed off, looking away for a moment as though searching for the right words to use; it was difficult because even she didn't know the full story of how she'd come to be a pet of a high-ranking crime lord. "...taken...when I was very small. All I've ever heard was the name. Aryian said that his wife was half-Miraluka, and I was hoping to get to talk with her, but I haven't seen her since she was copied by the machines." Her tone was distant and almost a little sad.

fMZZcER.png

Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya. - "Train your sons to be strong but your daughters to be stronger."

“A Mandalorian woman's greatest talent is not her charm or beauty, but her strength of body and will.” - Mandalorian proverb

A lamba class shuttle mostly unconspicious jumps out of hyperspace as it's pilot and it's passenger exit from thed dark of space...both sith by nature make the first stop before one Darth Lucifer a kiffar sith lord---the pilot inputs the next set of co-ordinates on the journey before punching the buttons and sending the ship hurtling into the deep darkness...stars becoming lines and streaks as the ship shot off to Byss.

((Continue on Byss))

https://jedirp.net/topic/4851-trodai-narat-iv-adas-darth-akheron/

Akheron.jpg

"Only in my pain, did I find my will. Only in my chaos, did I learn to be still. Only in my fear, did I find my might. Only in my darkness, did I see my light." - Darth Akheron

I survived the Great JNet Outage of 2012

The same lamba class shuttle which had previously traversed the deep of space made the first jump before continuing on to Courscant it's next detsination where the pilot would drop off a passenger before continuing elsewhere.

((Continue on Coruscant))

Akheron.jpg

"Only in my pain, did I find my will. Only in my chaos, did I learn to be still. Only in my fear, did I find my might. Only in my darkness, did I see my light." - Darth Akheron

Kitt's mind was to engulfed with stretching himself out as he could influence the Call that was coming from Tython. Strangely enough, he was not present on the planet itself during such a time, but hidden in space. His StarSword just floated not using any fuel or major systems as he was able to survive within his hibernation trance. It was with the trance that allowed for him to influence the Call. Now that it had done it's purpose in alerting the Jedi of where to go, it's purpose was done, which allowed for the Jedi Grand Master to awaken from his trance. He took a moment to feel out through the Force feelings that may draw his attention. Curious enough, the Force signatures echoed off a sense of seeking, but not in direct sense. They signatures had a longing to seek out him, but they themselves were not actually seeking him out as of yet. He was for the moment unable to figure whom was actually trying to seek him out. From an educated guess, it could be any number of Jedi who were now at Tython waiting to figure out why the Force within the Jedi Temple had called them.

Until it was time to reveal the need, he would remain out of reach and contact from those at Tython. It would serve them no purpose for him to show up now without any answers, and the Force had yet to even give him any. So until he felt a pressing need to do so, he would remain out in deep space and meditate until the Force gave him the reason behind the why.

KittFittSig_zpsec666279.jpg

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away.

Massive though it was, space itself was filled with everything the galaxy could offer. To some it seemed dark and foreboding, the other it signaled the endless expanse of curiosity. Unfortunately for a select group a dark cloud was forming.

The bounty hunter known as Slicer was in some parts a businessman. He was well aware when there was something worth taking. This was the case now as at an undisclosed location five ships formed up on him in formation.

Each ship a A-19C Ghostrider traveling under its own power, was in the middle of a conversation with the two AI that ran Slicer's personal ship. Together they were coordinating for the plan Slicer had cooked up.

Truth be told, it was a business acquisition. Having been informed of a sudden shortage of a needed and requested material, he found much to his chagrin that shipments had been momentarily halted due to the confusion resulted by a loss of leadership.

Knowing an opportunity when he saw one he drew from his security forces on Nespis in order to stage what would essential be a hostile take over. Now that everything was ready, the starts streaked and he disappeared into hyperspace.

Slicer.jpgMy sig is my profile...

ship

"Well, to address your first question, the Garral is my companion. A 'pet' if you will, but in a different sense. I can communicate with him and understand him on a higher level than most people not touched by the force could. I would suspect that many assume 'pets' a fairly vulgar practice and I assure you Tyue, pronounced Tee-you-ay, is still on the level of most pets his age because we have only just gotten to know each other. As time passes though, I hope to reach into his consciousness and integrate mine with his, building a rapport with the animal stronger than most bonds formed by humans." Roene said, eying the little puppy as he went to sleep, curling into a ball and resting in his corner on a small bed-like contraption. Then, as the conversation drifted into an open silence, Roene slowly stood and moved closer to Elnia, speaking through the force to give Tyue some peace as he rested.

Now, as to your admission and acceptance I must say that focusing on your particular heritagem or familial line, is quite a bit more difficult than just discussing the Miraluka themselves. Still, my promise extends to more than just knowledge of your people. You seem at a distance with the world around you. You seem to be able to speak clearly enough, but I feel as if, if I gave you a pen and told you to write, you would struggle. There seems to be a great deal of absence in you that I would correct or aid in time, if given permission. Roene said, breaking a moment and letting the words linger in the air between them.

To start you off though, I will return to the Miralukan discussion. I can begin with what I know about them and we'll go from there. Roene said, his hands communicating his inquisitive, yet instructive tone even though he was communicating breathlessly through the force. He held his head relatively level and paced about the ship for a little while thinking deeply to himself for several seconds before beginning again.

The pure blood Miraluka are a species who are born without eyes and instead left with eye sockets. However, where this particular deficiency would leave a normal man or woman without sight, a Miraluka has the extraordinary and inherent ability to see everything through the force. You may notice this when you look upon other Jedi or Sith. They radiate the force, because they channel it. The Jedi and Sith are siphons and the force and endless source of energy that composes everything in the universe. So, in essence, you can see everything around you extremely well because of the force energy flowing throughout and around the galaxy.

Roene paused for a moment, taking time to breathe and then resumed his lesson with Elnia, looking at her through the force as she was to him.

Now, as to their culture... The Miraluka are a thoughtful, cautious, and deliberative species. They had little interest in personal gain or glory. For social reasons, Miraluka hid their appearance by wearing a headband, a mask, or similar concealing headwear and in your case a scarp of cloth. In addition to these defining characteristics, all Miraluka were very united by race. They called themselves "brothers" and were considered as members of a great family. As a Force-using species, Miraluka were often quite shocked if 'shown' life not connected to the Force. The Miraluka that lived on Katarr were strong enough that even they felt the Battle of Malachor V. So, when something is cut off from the force it is disturbing and alien to them, because they can't see it. As a deficit to their sight, if it can't been seen through the force, a Miraluka can't see it at all. So, stay away from ysalamari.

Many Miraluka worshipped two gods, Ashla and Bogan, through the philosophy of The Greater Force. They did not believe in Good or Evil, but were taught to accept both life and death...

Roene paused in mid oration to once again look at his padawan. Do you have any questions so far?

Edited by Guest
NvFYuwm.png

Space...it wad dark and cold but yet within it lay a darkness that settled the pilot fo the Lamba class shuttle that now entered it's domain.

Just as foreboding and ever changing as the sith lord know as Lucifer who now travelled through the hyperspace lanes. The kiffar was on a mission, one he would quickly accomplish once he reached his destination but first he would need to enact a second jump.

Inputting the co-ordinates Lucifer set a course for Vjun where he would hopefully locate his brethren and complete what he had set out to do.

Akheron.jpg

-- A comm arrives for Master Kitt Fitt--

"Master Fitt, this is Onderin Starlisk. As you may be aware, the war is coming to an end. A final peace conference is being held at the Kat Nargal Memorial Resort station in the Adumar system, and in that meeting we will discuss the terms of forming a new Galactic Alliance.

"Your presence at this meeting would be much appreciated. I'm sure your wisdom will be invaluable in the proceedings, and it will give you a chance to make the Jedi Order's place in the new system.

"I look forward to seeing you there."

-- End Comm --

3C12kbA.png

There is nothing good in war. There is good in why we fight them.

Kitt pondered upon what every word meant as he listened to the comm from Onderin Starlisk. If his presence would do any good from the meeting, which there was no reason as to why it should, he would easily go off. But then again, as the Grand Master, it was his duty to make the Order's presence known. He hated the role for that fact alone. Maybe, I'll have the Order withdraw from the Republic entirely or whatever it will become. The thought was an extreme one, even for him. Taking his fingers and rubbing it through his beard, which through his time in mediation out in deep space had turned his goatee into one. He decided that showing up would be best for him, if only to talk to Onderin and here out what was going on.

Quickly adjusting his controls to now bring up lift support, as he didn't have to worry about fuel now, among other things. Setting his course towards the Adumar system, the Jedi Master wondered if he should at all shave or better dress for the occasion, but decided that he really shouldn't. It would explain his position a lot better if he didn't. Once the coordinates were set, Kitt had his StarSword jump into hyperspace.

KittFittSig_zpsec666279.jpg

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away.

"So a companion then?" Elnia looked again to the sleeping pup as she listened to her teacher continue as he provided her information about her people.

"What would be the purpose of writing?" she asked earnestly.

She welcomed the information, but she had no real frame of reference to put with it. It still seemed foreign to her as much as any other part of the galaxy.

fMZZcER.png

Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya. - "Train your sons to be strong but your daughters to be stronger."

“A Mandalorian woman's greatest talent is not her charm or beauty, but her strength of body and will.” - Mandalorian proverb

The Falcon V came out of hyperspace overlooking Nar Shadda. DeCaro heard the beeping from the console and knew they had arrived. After stealing the Falcon from Tattoine he figured Nar Shadda waould be the easiest place to hide.

What he didn't count on was the impending headache he recieved upon arrival. Since he was a Miraluka he caould see through the Force and now he was practically drowning in it. Reaching up he made sure his Headband was in place over his empty eye sockets and guided His sip in for a landing.

DeCaroSig.jpg

He dropped hyperspace mid jump and just....sat there. The ship floated out of the hyperspace lane and then simply cut engines and drifted like flotsam on an otherwise empty ocean. What the hell was he even doing with his life? Empire, then not, then try to help, repent, and now what? What did he have to show for it all? The same shitty ship as always, the same god damned nothing, no friends, not even a soul to his name. What now, work for the Republic, or CorSec? Laughable. As if they'd even consider taking him in. He was a pariah, a blight upon the galaxy. No one wanted anything to do with him, didn't even want him to be around them. He'd just screw everything up.

A snap click bright fire to the long, slender cigarette hung limp in his lips. He had sparked it absently, staring off into the vast nothingness of space as his hands had simply reacted on their own to some internal urge for nicotine. As the cigarette took alight, the smell of the sweet spiced tobacco filled his senses and brought him back from his trance like stupor in a deep inhale of cobalt blue smoke.

Frak'em all.

He didn't need them to survive. He didn't need his hand in galactic maters to change the things that mattered to him, to live the life he wanted to live. But then what was left for him? He had only known war. Sure, he had some skill repairing ships, building weapons and armor for clansmen way back when, but to what end? Spend the rest of his life as a mechanic or gunsmith, living quietly in a home of his own, a wife and little scampering whelps of his own?

It would just be hollow. Everything else is.

Except war. War was always clear, always had a purpose. The Mandalorian had always known his place in battle. Yet there was none any longer. The Sun and the Hutts would be warring soon, surely. Crime always flourished during times of peace. But that war didn't seem to appeal to him. They had their own agendas, their own game to play. They'd only seek to use him to their own design.

The Jedi and Sith were likely to spark anytime as well. The Sith wouldn't sit on their hands forever, and anything the Jedi did publicly would only further taunt the Sith to strike. And Black was good at killing their kind. But again, to what end? There was no way he could exterminate them all for the sake of cleansing the galaxy of religious fanaticism. Plus you could never get rid of the bastards. Cut twenty down and forty rise from the ashes.

I don't need their wars. I can hold my own just fine.

Just then his ship's on board communication board beeped alive, a single pulsing red light to show a message was waiting. Curious, Black flicked the switch to let the message through. For a moment, nothing happened. Lights didn't flicker, no sound was made. The system simply froze.

The hell?

His eyes skimmed over the panel for a moment until spotting the one place the computer for communication should have rested. One swift kick to the metal plate covering the lower panel and lights started blinking again. Static buzzed through the speakers from all sides, and an error message displayed on the monitor.

::Decrypting. This may take a moment.::

Two and a half hours, three pots of coffee, and four packs of smokes later, the message was finally reconstructed.

Well I'll be god damned.

His heart began thundering in his chest, his mind spun as it raced in a thousand directions at once, and a wide, sinister smile spread across the Mandalorian's face.

With this I can...

His fingers flew across his controls, and hyperspace couldn't grab him fast enough.

PirateBlack-Arghcopy.jpg

Menthu had been here before and remembered it well. He knew the dangers of such a place. He paused rechecking his suit before he suddenly popped the hatch. The intense amount of radiation would over whelm any being that had the foolish desire to step out onto the surface. Yet he had come prepared. Fully understanding the conditions that he would be subject too.

Barab I was a hostile world, not just for its population, but for its environment. As it was for the most part any culture's definition of hell. Just like last timethe imperial spaceport Alater-ka was open to him. Again he ignored it and in doing so kept knowledge of his presence on this world hidden. Instead he allowed the suit to be his protection from the massive amount of radiation as he picked his way through the planet's surface.

He could still feel the force here. Just as strongly as he could feel it any where else. A surprise at first, yet he was the last and only of his kind. It was to be expected if anything.

His breathe began to fog up his visor plate as he looked around the harsh hellish landscape. There was no greater respect than for the unfortunate creature who dared to call this place home. Even though he understood with in good reason why they choose to dwell in such places like under ground cities.

He summoned the force like it was a disobedient child, summoned it and used it to augment his senses and expand his search. Like a powerful wave he felt connect with the landscape around him, as if it he was apart of it, or it was apart of him. Various rocks seemed to call out to him, like feeble beggars at a bazaar hoping to get some quick cash from a Lord as he strolled by in his chariot. He battered away their presences much like the guards of a lord would kick at the stray beggars.

A passion seem to take him in his search as they continued to call to him, until at last he came to a spot that seemed to threaten to over whelm him. There the cries matter and there he found what he was looking for.

Had he wished for any barab ore, he would have choose one simply from the ground as soon as he landed. Yet through his searching and the use of the force, he found what he was searching for. Opening up a pouch in his suit he placed inside a multitude of the ore into the pouch , grabbing what he deemed to be the strongest in the region.

They would do well for what was to come.

Leaving the planet the same way he came, he soon found himself at another critical juncture. Why he was called here he couldn't be sure. Yet the asteroid seemed to draw to him much like a woman in heat called to her man.

Unable to resist this call, he stepped foot out into this world, and was first disappointed and then delighted in what he found. Feeling his total preparation complete he return to his ship and set he ship onto an auto pilot to a specific set of coordinated before locking himself away in the ship and making use of the tools he had available to create his new and updated weapon arsenal.

A inconspicious Lamba Class shuttle makes one brief stop before heading to Coruscant or more specifically The Galactic Gunshop.

((Continue Galactic Gunshop))

Akheron.jpg

The Rangir and Justice hurtled through hyperspace towards their destination.

fMZZcER.png

Roene looked at Elnia for a moment, before she re-examind a previous point.

"So a companion then?"

It was repetition of something Roene had said before, but it was an honest question regardless. He looked at Tyue through the arrayed seating ont he shuttle and felt his heartbeats fluctuating through the atmosphere of the ship. He could hear his pup's breathing as it rose ad fell, slightly tickling the air in front of his nose.

The companionship he felt with Tyue was something closer than he'd had with most of the people in his life, aside from what was left of his family anyhow.

When Roene was going to continue with the Miraluka history though and explain the destruction of one of their home worlds centuries ago, she seemed to pop up with another question, this one seeming a little humorous even if it was pertinent.

"What would be the purpose of writing?"

Her thoughts seemed intriguing and Roene almost had to stifle a laugh, because the comment seemed so preposterous. However, when the aspect of her blindness surfaced in his mind and the proof of over abundance of technology swam around his body propelling him through space, it didn't seem quite as humorous.

"Well, I understand the oddity of writing out things onto actual paper, but what will happen if you find yourself somewhere where there is no technology? What will you do if you run out of convenience? Sure there are Data Pads that you can type with and I can show you typing as well, but writing and reading are the basic foundation of not only our galaxy as it is today, but as it was centuries ago and now doubt as it will be centuries in the future. So, there is an intended aspect of pertinence to actually learn how to read and write." Replied Roene with a very scholarly tone in his voice. "Also, even though it may seem absurd for you to learn to write when you can't see, you may forget that you can see with the force quite fine. In fact, you see better with the force than most who see with their eyes, so there would be no reason you couldn't be able to see a book or sheet of paper."

Roene took a few moments to explain a bit more, the usefulness of writing, but the ship was nearing its destination and would soon be landing in the main city on Tython. One step closer to the Jedi retreat.

((Next post on Tython goes to you Elnia))

NvFYuwm.png

The Black Heart made it's way up out of the atmosphere of Coruscant and onwards to Byss the pilots intended destination.

Akheron.jpg

A blast door slammed shut between the cockpit and the rest of the ship. The two Ai, monitored the extra passenger, while Slicer attended to other matters.

After all he was a rather busy guy. He had a host of accountants he needed to double check, with other accountants, spy network updates, as well as go over quarterly reviews for Benediction Firebrand and all of its subsidiaries.

This meant for the better part of three hours, there was no word from the bounty hunter, as he was locked deep in a meditative state, using the Force to turn himself into a hub of information. Scanning documents and legal matters, as quickly as possible, as well as sending out the appropriate orders for actions to be taken. With the recent addition of Darkwatch into his realm of control, it seemed that he would have to adapt to certain policies that were rumored to be forming. He could attempt to put a stop to such groups forming but, in the end, it was far better to let them police, then for him to worry about policing such areas. If anything it free up more resources, and with the increase in competent man power, most of his assets were rather well protected at this point.

After he was finished for the time being with the businesses, he decidedly took a nap. For one hour he did nothing more than sleep, as the AI continue to monitor the young sith.

Having rested, he crammed down a ration bar, as he couldn't be bothered to find any sort of real food in the cockpit. Stretched and considered going another round in the business arena. He had been in the business long enough that he knew his limits, and used the Force to comprehend such things on an unconscious level. He generally had a 1:3 ration. Every three hours he spent was equal to about 9 hours another person would have spent in the same subject. As such he generally pulled overtime in terms of his own mental capacities.

Having left the young Sith in silence for the better part of four hours, a sudden mechanical voice broadcasting itself over the ship.

"Lets start with a proper introduction. How about a name? No backstory, but maybe some life goals, a life philosophy. Help me understand what use I will have for you."

ship

Vos just sat in the shadows while this man, woman, thing, beast or whatever it was attended to its business. Concentrating on what little that Holocron taught him. He would have liked to try and go through some training with his lightsaber, but he didn't want to venture off and get blasted by the very well automated defenses. Then the man broke silence, questioning Vos.

"My name is Tobias Vos. I have revenge intended for the Hutt's. I want to strike fear into their fat, ridiculous bodies." He looked over at the being. "And your name?"

"Most beings call me Slicer. You will get to call me Master."

He chuckled to himself even though that was not heard on the intercom.

"Revenge against the Hutts. What did they do to you?"

And this just got both funny and interesting.

ship

The comm fizzled dead as the communication was cut short. This left the young sith still being observed by the two now curious AI. Still no more words were issued from the bounty hunter in the cockpit. Be it from resuming work, or just a simple lack of communication would be unknown the the young man in the back.

Still the journey from that point was quick and soon the familiar jolt of a landing signified an arrival.

((Continued on Nar-shadaa.))

ship

• 4 weeks later...

There were several hyperspace jumps. The ship stopped at three various ports and was checked over for bugs thrice over at each stop. A round about way was being searched for the path that was calling him. Still he made his way towards his destination.

Scorp.jpg

Well, you could always just post something like "OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

Female! It all added up now. The overbright ship, the walk and the interior oddities. Jazce was still surprised. She was young. Maybe in her early to mid twenties. His datapad buzzed again but he ignored it. Though she updated him on the situation. Hostages dead at one every six hours. They needed details. Lots of them. Demands made. Number of hostages. Number of reds. Equipment of reds. History of reds. Location of hostages. Number of blues. Though the fact that it had all gone this far didn't give Jazce much faith in the local security enforcement. Chandrilla. Whilst a key location during the war never really had much in the way of Garrisons or bases after the Alliance beat the Empire out of there the first time. Only the occasional battle. Usually in space. But as for Cassandra. Taking a seat Jazce introduced himself properly.

"Good to meet you Fifteen. I'm sometimes known as Scubby as well. I was born a Toprawan Antarian Ranger and I lived there until I was seventeen. I went freelancer after that, hunting down pirates and operating in mercenary groups for eight years. Than I joined the Imperial Navy, served with with 501st Stormtooper Legion, eventually I was a Company Commander there before I went into hiding. That was three years ago. I've been underground ever since. Stormtroopers are persistant when they want to hunt you down. As for what I do. Stealth and explosives are my specialties. Recon, Int gathering, elimination, hand-to-hand combat and espionage. I'm good for head to head but I prefer to get my work done quietly from the shadows. I'm a good pilot myself. Not the best the Antarian Rangers ever produced but I hold my own..."

As Jazce trailed off he pulled out his own weapons to show Cassandra. A simple DL-88 Heavy Blaster, his knockout knuckle dusters and a multitude of explosives. Thermals, protons, concussion and disorientators for now. He also had a number of espionage tools in his webbing and a deconstructed ARC-9965 in his pack. Though he left those where they were. No need to fill his hands up just yet.

"Don't worry about hurting my feelings. The galaxy is far too sensitive a place these days. You can barely get up in the morning and brush your teeth without stepping on someones toes now. You don't like hostage situations? Other than the obvious... Whats not to like?"

The young CORESEC Agent mentally growled as she turned around to the controls. She didn't want to give this man her life story. She barely knew him. But, If he was to be her partner, the trust needed to start now....

She let out a sigh..."My fiancee was killed in a hostage situation on my home planet....but, let's not get into it right now." Cassandra pushed the controls into hyperspace. They would arrive in four hours.

The two sat in silence for most of the trip. Until an hour later, after Fifteen sent in a Information Request;

1145 Hostages

30+ Hostiles

Demands were various, ranging from ships to weapons and money.

"Huh. They are not releasing much info. Guess we better save our questions for when we get there....I don't like that." She paused then queued up her AI on her datapad...'Push it, lets get there in 2.5 hours...' the message said.

Testing-1.png

"Don't you worry about it..."

"I don't like it either. I smell a rat. A dead one. SOPs across most military, para-military and security organisations galaxy-wide is to give as much data to assisting forces as soon as available. Not keep them in the dark until they arrive."

Jazce had been dozing lightly, all soldiers learnt to rest whenever possible and Fifteen hadn't said a word in an hour. It had been an uneventful trip anyway. Jazce was hardly surprised. The only way hyperspace got eventful was when someone put a interdictor cruiser in the way. Nav systems were well up to speed these days. Especially in the Core worlds where such a close proximity of stars could lead to accidents on a more regular basis than the less condensed Mid or Outer rims.

But Cassandra or Fifteen had remained fairly close lipped after her initial chatter. At a guess. I'd say she is a little sore over the loss of this fiance of hers. Fair enough really. I was the same when my father was killed. Sore enough to betray everything he believed in and everyone who believed in him. Using his skills as a ranger to become an assasin and hunt down all those involved in his old man's death.

It was a good thing it was a short flight. The sooner they got there the sooner they could force some real answers out of the locals. Everything about this was now makin his hand itch.