Space

Ary the Grey

A heavy rain began to fall over the dark planet as Dash lifted off Borleais. It was a slow sad rain whose pitter patter echoed the rhythm of Dash's heart. He felt an undercurrent of anger but that was not his primary emotion, no he felt betrayal. Everything he had lived for, everything he was, it was all a lie. The Jedi were not the mighty warriors of peace they clamed to be, a distinction between good and evil didn't exist in this galaxy. No, every thing was a shade of gray and suddenly the Sith and Jedi were of the same hue.

As the flit climbed towards the heavens its controls set to auto-pilot, Dash allowed his head to sink against the controls whispering to himself. Aryain, Aryain why didn't you tell me.

A red light on the control panel began to blink as the computer demanded a course, but there was no destination. Should he plot one to the furthest reaches of space and disappear in oblivion. Where does one go when shunned by there friends, when the find that those closest to them can not be trusted?

Melancholy without hope Dash would have been better plotting a course for oblivion, for there could not be a destination further from the sun then where his whimsy took him. Instead of traveling into the darkest reaches of space he would travel into the darkest reaches of his history, and the coldest regions of his soul. Among the stormy seas of Kamino he would either find vindication, or he would fend vengeance.

The Dancer's Run smoothly entered hyperspace, it's female twi'lek pilot leaving the cockpit to go to her room to shower and change out of her greasy overalls. Vos kept guard on her door while she gathered up her change of clothes, a pair of combat trousers, shirt, headdress and boots with her blaster and daggers placed around her in specific locations. The colour of the headdress a startling contrast to her lekku.

Once dressed to her own satisfaction, Astraal headed to the galley to get herself something to eat, feeding Vos while she was preparing her own. The Vornskr wouldn't accept food from anyone but her. She wasn't sure if she wanted to be polite enough to get some food ready for her passenger or not, not knowing how to treat the arrogant man.

In his room, Tobias carefully meditated on the information he had extracted from her reactions as he pushed her buttons. Judging character was the most important part of his job and one he took very serious. Remaining in his room, he stared at the floor.

She has a vornskr. I love vornskrs. The best pet money, skill, or training can buy. Of course, I prefer them wild. Still, maybe I'll have to introduce hers to mine. Maybe they'll become friends...

Tobias laughed.

Whispering to himself, he mumbled, "But back to business. I still haven't finished my evaluation...hmmm..."

As Astraal continued eating, her vornskr suddenly growled towards the galley entrance. Slowly peering around the corner, a beautiful young human girl with unkept hair and raggeddy (sp? ) clothes showed her slightly sooty face. She looked like she hadn't eaten for some time, much less showered, along with some visible redness and bruises in various areas.

Shyly inching forward, she finally spoke, "Please miss. Could you spare some food? I stowed away on your vessel some time ago and haven't been able to find anything to eat since then. I'm starving. Please..."

Jidai Geki said:
Hmm... the possibilities for new atrocities just widened with the advent of a new RP baby...

At Vos's growl, Astraal's head turned quickly to the direction of the door, spying a young human girl in the doorway... How the hell did she get past Vos? Something wasn't right about that though what, she didn't know. She was wary of the girl though she had a sympathy for how she looked. She placed down her utensils, moving quickly to restrain Vos from attacking. She regarded the girl, seeing how hungry she looked and that she hadn't showered for quite some time by the looks of it.

"Sit down there..."

Astraal pointed to the table while she gathered up another plate and some of the dish she had served herself. Vos stayed between the two females all the while, on guard.

"Here you go. If you like, I can find a change of clothes and show you where the refresher is."

She put the plate down in front of the girl, retaking her own seat to finish her meal.

The girl thanked Astraal, "Thank you so much. That would be great."

Digging in, the girl ate quickly before speaking again.

"You wouldn't happen to have any ice?"

Lefting up her sleeve, the girl revealed a large bruise only a few days old.

"It might help the swelling go down a little."

Jidai Geki said:
Hmm... the possibilities for new atrocities just widened with the advent of a new RP baby...

The violet Twi'lek watched the girl wolf down her food, a very puzzled look crossing her face with regards to the request for ice... until she saw the bruise. Astraal got up from the table, moving around to look at the bruise.

"Ouch! How did that happen?"

She had a first aid box that handily enough, she kept near the galley. Moving to the doorway, she opened a small cupboard, pulling out her kit. She had a gel that soothed pains from scratches and bruises... something she'd come across in her travels. She got out the gel and held her hand towards the girl's arm. She didn't want to scare the girl.

"May I?"

The girl didn't reply to Astraal's first question, instead looking down at the ground as her long hair swallowed her face.

When Astraal asked her next question, the girl glanced upward, before looking back down and nodding her head.

As Astraal began to apply the first aid, the girl winced just a little.

Then she finally replied, "It's... it's from my master... he beat me...before I escaped. He beat me a lot... at least when he got drunk..."

The girl paused to lift up up her shirt to reveal a bruise on the rightside of her chest around where the bottom of the rib cage began. With the other hand, she pulled back the hair on the left side of her face to show off another bruise on the farside of her cheek.

"That's...that's why I had to escape. Just please don't send me back. Please. I can't go back. Especially after what I've done. I don't know what he'll do to me..."

Jidai Geki said:

Hearing that the bruises were caused by the girl's Master, Astraal felt a certain anger brewing inside of her. If she hadn't been as good as she was at what she did, gaining a reputation of being fighter, and if she didn't have her human father's blood in her veins, the young Twi'lek would have been in danger of becoming someone's slave several times over. Because of the stubbornness and her determination to remain free, Astraal had kept herself that way. She had always felt a certain irony that she bought and captured male slaves, be them human, twi'lek, rodian or other. What she didn't abide by was mistreatment of slaves... especially young female slaves.

"Who was your Master?"

At the frightened girls look, Astraal reassured her that she wouldn't be taking her back to him. She continued to treat the bruises, careful not to cause any more pain than the girl was already in.

"Would you like a shower?"

She had spare clothes that would possibly fit the girl and maybe she'd feel better after she was cleaned up.

The girl glanced down at the question and stared at the pavement.

"It....I...I don't want to talk about it... if that's ok..."

Then at the second question the girl looked up.

"A shower would be nice. If it's not too much trouble..."

Jidai Geki said:

"Not too much", the Twi'lek stated, trying for alittle humour. "Come, I'll show you where it is. I'll bring in some clothes while you're in there."

She led her to the guest bathing room containing a small room for changing and another joining it containing the shower recess. She would place the clothes in the change room to preserve the girl's privacy.

Leaving her in there, she ducked into her own room to gather up a change of clothes that might fit the girl. She came back with a set of pants and shirt with some undergarments. Placing them within the room she headed back to the cockpit, discovering that they were not far from their destination. If the girl wanted, she could get out on Corellia and start a brand new life away from her past master and no one but Astraal and Vos would be the wiser for it.

She sat in the cockpit staring out the view screen at the streaks of light that the Dancer's Run surfed through on it's way to it's destination.

Thank her for all her help, the humanoid female began to shower.

Meanwhile, Astraal sat in the cockpit staring out the view screen at the streaks of light that the Dancer's Run surfed through on it's way to it's destination.

Out of the shadows, Tobias stepped forward.

"Colorful aren't they? The stars? Each one holding their own planets and millions if not billions of sentient beings. And how about that. It would seem we have almost arrived at one such location."

Stopping a few feet infront of her, Tobias questioned, "Would you so quickly feel pity or empathy for that female? What if she is lying? She could be a thief or a space pirate. And even if she isn't, she is a slave. You make a living in the slave trade. What makes her special? Why not imprision her for resale?"

His tyranical smirk returning, Tobias finished, "Why did you spare the female, Astraal?"

Jidai Geki said:

"I felt sorry for her. Big deal. I don't want to end up in her position. So you knew she was here?"

She thought a moment, turning back towards him, Vos growling all the while.

"And how do you know all that went on anyway? Vos would have known you were watching."

She narrowed her eyes at Tobias, wanting to know how he knew everything that he seemed to know. While she might be easier to fool, Vos wouldn't have been and he'd growled at both her 'passengers'.

His devious smile widened, "Don't sell me short, Ms. Astraal. Remember. I know a thing or two about Vornskrs. I have some myself. And of course, I am the best in the business when it comes to spying, espionage, and the like. But that is a good question, isn't it? One I'll let you ponder as you prep our landing," Tobias ended pointing out the viewscreen at the now quite visibly large planet.

Turning, Tobias casually walked out of the cockpit and disappeared back into the shadows. All that he left in his wake was the fading, steady sound of his military-grade boots as they clapped against the metalic floor.

Jidai Geki said:

There was just something about him that... she didn't trust. The twi'lek didn't care if he was one of the bosses best men... there was just ... something.

She looked down at Vos, the vornskr snarling at Tobias's retreating back. Astraal rested her violet hand upon his head before turning her attention to the controls and the comm that had now lit up with a message. She opened the line, requesting clearance and receiving coordinates for landing where she wished to go.

A few hours later, Dancer's Run set down lightly, Astraal running through all the post flight checks and requesting refuelling and restocking. That all done, including her setting up security precautions, she flicked the internal comm stating the obvious, that they had arrived at their destination. She then went in search of the girl.

Mara jerked back to full awareness as her ship Eris re-entered normal space. Head pounding, and pain radiating from many various cuts and bruises, it took her a moment to remember where she was and what had happened. The last thing she remembered before falling into a much needed sleep was setting the Nav computer to take her into space as far away as she could get. She didn't want to land anywhere until she had a chance to dress some of her wounds and figure out exactly where she needed to go.

It had been a long year and a half for her. She had been taken from Corellia, taken from Leo. She had spent the time in captivity by...who? Her captors never told her who they were, or why they wanted her. They had never tortured her, or asked her for anything. Based on their behavior, she assumed they wanted something from Leo, not from her.

All of her injuries had been recieved in her desprate bid for freedom. Her captors had finally gotten cocky, and therefore sloppy.

She reached around there back of her seat and grabbed the emergency kit she kept onboard. She covered the deeper cuts with Bacta patches, and splinted her left ankle. After tending to her wounds, she pulled out a bottle of water and a package of food. She had never been a fan of the flash freeze dried space food, but right now she was hungry enough to eat toothpaste.

After she had satisfied her hunger, she set about figuring out where she needed to head next. She reached out with her mind to see if she could find Leo. If she had been looking for any other person, it would have been like looking for a needle in a haystack, but her and Leo had a connection that went deeper than that. She could find him no matter how far away he was. It took her longer to locate him than it should have, but she associated that with that with her lack of practice. When she brushed up against his presance, she didn't like what she felt. Darkness threatened to overwhelm her, and all of her woulds throbbed as though freshly gained. She pulled out quickly, re-orienting herself. She steeled herself, and reached out again. This time, instead of just trying to find Leo, she sent him a message. Just a picture of her and a feeling of the love she had for him. She had to pull out again before she could feel anything from him, the effort to find him over such a great expanse drained what little strength the food had provided her. She drifted back to sleep, her last thoughts those of Leo and the happiness she felt at finally being able to search for him again, the prospect of seeing him soon after so long apart.

jadedfin.jpg

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.

Armiena paused a moment before answering Shawmus' question, taking the time to finish rebuilding her dismantled rifle. She snapped the rifle's butt against her shoulder and peered down the weapon's non-reflective scope.

"We're going to Manaan. The Jedi used to run a base on a ship above the ocean, but it was abandoned before I was even picked up for my apprenticeship. It... was attacked by the Imperials and nearly destroyed some time back, but just enough of the place was left undamaged for me to save it. It's probably fully repaired by now.

"Speaking of which..." Armiena returned the high-tech rifle to its shielded holding case and rose to her feet. "We'll be there any moment. If you'll join me in the cockpit, the Eternal Vigilance is really worth seeing, even after it was nearly destroyed..."

drayyy.png

After a few minutes indecision, Mara set a course for Coruscant, figuring she could start her search there, hoping someone would be able to tell her where she could find Leo.

jadedfin.jpg

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.

With the droid, KD-2 in the cockpit, Alora headed back into her boudoirs for the journey. Back on Cardia she thought she felt something... a femine presence that was light... that was reaching for her apprentice. She'd keep an eye on that and watch Leo closely for any signs of the light emerging within him. Another idea formed though she'd keep that to herself as well.

Bathing and redressing into another bodysuit, this time with black robes, she headed back to the cockpit to take the ship down to their destination.

IgyyGiX.jpg

Darth Alraune

Stepping into the refresher, Azrael bowed his head and allowed the water to rush across his head. As the beads of water ran down his skin, the young Jedi Knight sighed. It had been far too long since he had been in a resfresher and allowed the warm water to cleanse him. Shutting off the flow of water, Azrael ran his hands through his hair, squeezing the leftover water to the floor. Deciding that it would be a good time for a change in hairstlye, the Wayfarer slid his fingers around a pair of shears and sliced through his hair.

Shaking himself from of the loose hairs, the young Coruscanti walks to a small closet and slides the doors open. Taking a look inside, he finds several articles of clothing that would fit him and offer him a look other than that of the typical Jedi. Donning a pair of blue cloth pants, Azrael slid a leather belt through the loops and slid a pair of nerfhide leather boots onto his feet. Pulling both a white t-shirt and a blue polo over his head, the young Jedi Knight completed his ensemble by pulling a black nerfhide jacket around his arms and made his way towards the cockpit.

Entering the cockpit, Azrael stopped in the doorway and admired Skye from behind as she piloted the ship through space. Even though he had just begun to really see things as the Force made them, he was still suprised as her beauty. Her long auburn hair was now pulled back into a ponytail, and it revealed her slender facial features. Realizing he was staring again, he slowly moved to her side and turned his attention to the lines of hyperspace that flashed across the viewport.

Azrael.gif

Evil is done without effort, naturally, it is the working of fate; good is always the product of an art.

Coming out of a meditation, Skye breathed in deeply before turning to face Azrael.

"So how do you feel now?"

Her voice was gentle, concerned for how he was reacting to actually being able to 'see' with his own eyes now. It must be different for him. Having been in relative darkness for so long and to now see colours, see everything around him.

"We'll be coming up on Tatooine soon. I received a mayday for a Healer. A small community has been attacked by the sandpeople and they urgently need our assistance."

Skye had already sent I-Nine to prep her medical ward for the patients she would soon be receiving upon landing.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Due to an uninspired lack to post, the man who secretly pulled the strings in Slicer's life, decided to say, that Slicer's ship went zoom zoom zoom, through space. Though Slicer, decided he wanted to do things differently, so unseenly the two clashed, and Slicer succed in distracting the writer from his current midterm exams. So as a reward he got the following post.

Slicer gently eased his controls as he set his ship into the wake of an old ion trail, he was being more careful than usual, after making three hypersapce jumpes before settling on a course, that allowed him tot ravel through the most traveled space in the galaxy. Maybe he didn't want to be followed, maybe he was just being careful. It didn't matter either way, chances were he wasn't ebing followed, and if he had been, well eh sure wasn't being followed now.

He sighed, this would be an interesting journey to say the least. Perhaps he could learn something. Streching the star line He entered hyperspace once more. Then his ship went zoom zoom ZOOM!

-----

Edit:

Given how still no one has posted in the little thread, Slicer's ship once again goes zoom zoom zoom, doing pretty much everything in reverse order.

Slicer.jpgMy sig is my profile...

ship

::As the Eidolon continued on an unlogged course through hyperspace, a replica of the ship appeared at the termination point of the logged course. The replica burst into raw energy as plasma bombs tore the ship apart in raw fury. To all who would look upon it, it appeared that the Deepstrike generator had a catastrophic failure at re-entry and all aboard were killed.::

MGw9G2u.jpg

Hidden in the deepest depths of space, a lone space station continues its job of manufacturing various illicit items, with arms being the major item. Four special requests had been made before the station had even been fully constructed and now, at last, they were seeing completion. They would wait on the station until four different smugglers arrived to cart them away to their carefully picked locations.

Meanwhile various transports and freighters entered the system and left it. They were all ships employed by the owner of the station with the sole purpose of delivering the goods to the real smugglers as to keep the stations location secret.

Carnage.jpg

Jareth was in space for mere moments before a rush of the force blasted his mind in all directions.

It was as if a great void, where the force could not reach, suddently filled in and became accessible once more......

Few times in Jareth's life had he felt that void, and always it seemed concentrated on one person. As if the force within that man was clawing and fighting to free itself and make the man aware of it's power once more. It had, however, been stifled and despite it's futile attempts, never managed to break free......until perhaps now.

"Surely if he's regained that, he will contact me on his own time." Jareth spoke to himself as he clutched his head in his palms trying to regain some balance that the sudden jolt had plucked from him.

*Light years away, Geki feels his former pupil and friend react to his rejuvenated Force presence. A sick smile touches his lips... it has been a long time since he and Jareth wrought havoc together.*

Jareth... it has been a long time. Come, old friend, to Foy, and let us talk of times past and future...

Geki1.jpg

http://www.themire.co.uk-- being a veracious and lurid account of the goings-on in the savage Mire and the sootblown alleys of Portstown's Rookery!

Kitt's ship, Invisible, raced through space towards the unknown regions. After Kitt landed his ship, he siad his goodbye to Kirlocca, then collected his lightsaber and comlink. He then lifted off the planet and headed for a known Alliance base.

KittFittSig_zpsec666279.jpg

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away.

A battered old ship sailed through space, meandering here and there, looking as if it wasn't sure where it wanted to be. In all honesty, this was a very accurate statement, for the ship's pilot, Ara-Lai Kaipi, wasn't sure where she wanted to be, either.

Not like things have been easy or simple lately. She sighed and rolled her eyes. Then again, when have they ever been as such? Oh for the days of the Three Musketeers Ara, Andon, and Talon...

"Things aren't that bad, Mother," Ara's sword, Sanare, piped in. "You just can't sense where you are needed yet."

Ara snorted, picking at her jeweled gauntlet. This could use a bit of repair... "When am I ever needed? I don't help very often, save for the occasional 'soul repair.'" Snorting again, the Jedi Master laughed. "Ara, 'soul master.' Sounds like a bad hologame or something."

"Mother..." The sword sighed, its blade shimmering a sad, pale blue. "You have much that you are needed for! If that were not so, you wouldn't have made me all that time ago!"

"Back then, I was needed, I could help," Ara said, sighing. She did a minor repair on her left gauntlet, recharging the crystals and resetting them firmly as she spoke. "But now, I can't see how I can help anymore." Pursing her lips, Ara glanced at her armor-encased hand. The crystals glimmered, stronger than ever, recharged with light and ready to come to her defense if need be.

...maybe I just found my purpose.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

--Mythbusters

Proud member of the vast Right-Wing conspiracy

Look! ART!!!