Tatooine

RaveN

Kivuli draws his blaster and begins walking toward the wraid herd. The first one back on his feet charges at him. Kivuli raises his blaster and releases the first shot. It contacts the wraid's leg and the wraid falters in its step before resuming. The second shot blinds the wraid in one eye, but continues. The blaster's last shot blasts the another leg and the wraid falls to the ground. Kivuli drops the blaster and walks over to it. Once he reaches the wraid, he wraps his right arm around its head from the side. He struggles with the wraid a few seconds before he snaps its neck with a loud crack. He leaves his dead quarry in its place as the rest of the herd charges at the group.

Anger and Hatred are the fuel. Rage is the spark. The result is the inferno of the Sith.

John nodded a slight feeling of being impressed about his air. He spoke to Kivuli, "Clean, efficient. Just like the blaster you would. However, I must say, when we get you back to the Temple, we'll have to make sure you find yourself a blade. Lightsabers are not anywhere near a blaster and you must first train with a blade before you can wield the lightsaber."

Turning to Kase, "You're up. Let's see it."

Heathen Master of the Lords of Hate

KR: I'm like the freakin' Martha Stewart of Chaos.

He was also a Marxist, which is dumb.

((Can you give us a general description of these? Are they violent, or just protective?))

Morpheus looks on, waiting for his turn. He wanted to impress them with his sword skills. The saber strapped to his back was itching at his mind, begging him to use it. Patience, until it was his turn to spill the blood. Patience.

morph.jpg

OOC: these creatures are best explained as like rhinos, aggressive and overprotective of their territory, capable of taking down men

IC:

John's eyes glanced at Morpheus' swords itch. Smiling his casual dark smile. "The Jedi preach patience... If you are willing to taste blood, then so be it. Go ahead, don't let order or patience stop you."

He smiled, "The Sith despise patience, we have respect but only out of fear and out of power to our stronger brothers. Go ahead and kill if you wish, don't let me stop you."

((Is this the thing from AOTC? Cause that's not what it's called. Ennh, whatever.))

Morph looked over his shoulder and smirked. "I have no patience. I know the Sith do not need it. I was just abiding by your wishes as to whose order to go in. You can kill me, I know this from in the bar, so I will follow you. I am a wild spirit, you may see this when we get to the academy, wherever it is."

He grinned, drawing out his long vibrosword from its sheath. He ran, letting the pull of fresh blood guide him. Which one was ripe for the picking.....

Screw it, go for the big one. There it was, a massive wraid, eyeing him, the Alpha Male of the pack. It charged him, picking up speed as it ran. Morpheus came to a stop, no longer wishing to waste energy as long as it was coming towards him. Wait for it, wait for it....

He jumped just in time to have the one charging from his right flank miss him. He somersaulted in midair, leg and arm muscles flexing, as he slashed down the back of the huge beast in a semi-straight line. The spinal cord was cut off right before the back legs, making them inoperable. The huge beast crumpled. The other let out a bellow, as it was his mate he killed. It started to charge again, it's rage building inside like a tied hose. And like anything tied off for too long, it would have to explode.

He stood there, letting it run, watching for the slightest movement, looking it square in the eye, challenging it. Five feet in front of him, he threw himself to the left, coming up on a shoulder roll and nicking it in the rear left leg. The mate of the big Alpha Male hollered in pain as Morph landed on her back.

"Ohh, does it hurt? I'm sorry....Not!"

He shoved the sword right into the foot, up the big hoof. The most tender spot on a hoofed animal. It squealed, a suprising sound for such a large animal, but it did nonetheless. He drove harder, and it erupted into spasms, jolts of pain shooting up the leg into the brain. He smiled evilly, knowing full well what he was doing.

And ducked right as the male leapt over him, intending to take his upper body off with his hoofs and body weight. He spoke as he ducked, "Nice try, but I heard you a mile off. Too bad you wont try again."

He pulled the sword out and jabbed upwards, spewing the blood of the big male all over him as it cut through it like a hot knife through butter. God Damn, do these things STINK!

Rage kept it going, anger fuled it's soul. Unfortunately that wasnt enough, as the entrails exploded all over the ground as soon as the male touched ground. Just like he thought it would.

He walked back, dripping wet. "Will we get to do more of that when we get to the academy? It was kind of fun..."

morph.jpg

Watching the shower of blood pour forth from the animal Kase stepped forward as the alpha male fell silent and still into the sands. He nodded to the man who claimed no patience and took several slow steps forward.

Reaching to his belt, Kase withdrew the knife which he himself had hewn from the hardest of rocks on Tatooine. The short blade of his strong knife was razor sharp and jagged edged and had known the guts of many of these animals. Having made the most of his recent life in the desert, Kase had killed many of these beasts for food, clothing and shelter.

Their meat was succulent and moist; a precious commodity in this barren and dry landscape.

As overprotective and aggressive as the animals where, Kase also knew that they travelled in packs. They displayed herd mentality and often also showed a wide variety of the most basic of emotions. Anger and jealously were obvious in their territorial behavior and through close observation, love and even sadness could be sensed.

Sitting with his legs crossed and his back to the back of the alpha male Kase closed his eyes and waited. Soon he heard the sniffling of the lumbering female, her nose pressed to the belly of her mate, tongue lapping at his wounds as if trying to heal him with her love. She limped over next to Kase and pressed her nose up against her mate's back. Her strength was obvious as the caress rolled the carcass slightly, a low moan and growl escaping her.

Catching his balance and reaching up with his knife swiftly, Kase made long slices twice diagonally against the thick skin of the beast. Having not at all realized the man was there, she reared back from shock and pain and lifted herself up to stomp the intruder. Springing up to his feet, Kase pressed one hand against her blood slickened torso and reached the other hand into the bleeding envelope of hanging skin at the base of her head. Spearing her cerebral cortex with his knife, Kase twisted sharply, withdrew his knife and side stepped the animal's collapse.

Returning to the group Kase replaced the blade to his belt and kneeled before the man who had commanded the kill.

Raising a long reddish wet cut of the beast's meat in his hands, Kase spoke. "While it is fresh, you will find the tongue of the wraid most enjoyable."

OOC: no, actually from KOTOR... wraids make two appearances that i recall, one in the desert of tatooine and another in the temple of naga sadow on korriban... but, there you go...

IC:

John watched the two hopefuls. They will make promising Lords, indeed. He sensed a great future for them in the Sith... Perhaps overshadowing many of the Lords and Masters of the day, but time is not in their favor for the age and regality of some Masters would make them reluctant to give up their position so easily, but something tells they would make it.

John highly impressed with their actions turned to Simbera, "Apprentice, seems you have quite a bit to top before we return to the Academy and you remain within my good graces. You'd hate to fall from them as Gene did, wouldn't you? After all, I really do despise failures."

His eyes peered into Simbera's back. There was a single lumbering wraid, left behind, but after seeing its entire herd, its family dismembered before his eyes was furious. The animal may be primitive, but like all creatures, when angered they know no bounds, no imposed natural limitations. It sought to kill the intruders or meet his death trying, the wraids reminded John so well of the Mimbanite warriors; Primitive, desperate and foolishly heroic, like all life...

His face and brow locked into a single expression, one of stoic complexity and distant thought, awakened by the offer of wraid tongue, John smiled, "No, I much prefer humanoid flesh, particularly Jedi."[/i]

Morpheus looked at the back of Simbera's head, eminating hate. John would make a good master for him, if he found no one stronger. He expected the best, and Morph intended to show the best, until Simbera was ousted, oruntil he was fully trained. Morpheus would become a full-trained Sith, no matter who was in his way. He knew how to play politics, his family came from royalty. He also knew how to use sheer power when needed, as he spent much of his time practicing with his sword, and working his muscles out.

He was a body of sheer power. Nothing less he expected from himself, he was the best, and he wanted to prove it. The others would die if they got in the way, regardless if they were his friends. He could only trust himself.

John noticed him, but was standing behind Morph, so he didn't pick up on it. He changed his mind to focus on the present, not what he would do in the future, as the apprentice walked off.

morph.jpg

With the pure power of the kill surging through his veins Kase bit into the Wraid's tongue and chewed slowly. Searching his own mind he tried to remember his past.

There was seemingly nothing in him but the memories of life on this planet. The sand, the cool dry caves, the hunts and the calm nights sleeping under the seductive night sky. Kase felt the stars held the answers to his questions. Twinkling above were the constellations of his past, and he was determined to discover them.

Kase sensed that this training would lead him into the stars, perhaps lead him face to face with his past.

Kase felt sure following this man for training was the correct path to choose. But what paths lay behind him? What choices had lead the old Twi'lek to bake in the heat of the twin suns?

Kase ate his prize from the Wraid and watched the acetylene glow of the setting suns.

John's eyes turned to the twin suns, he admired the glow and the harmony of it all. John was odd in many ways, while the dark side coursed through his veins, he was probably the only Sith to acknowledge both the strength and tranquility of the light side... Most would declare it the way of cowards, John knew better. Jedi were no less cowards than Sith, equally as strong, they just had one problem and it could be summed up in one word: Morality.

His thoughts entered a semi-conscious, meditative stream of thought as he waited for his lumbering apprentice... as he waited for the sands to shift... and for the dark side to coerce him again as she long used to.

It is morality that forces them into fair fights... Morality forces them into peaceful solutions. Morality leads them to victory without conflict. Sith need conflict, we need discord, we need anarchy, we need war...

He looked to the past for the wars he had waged, since the hierachy is so reluctant and not willing to lead us into confrontation, John missed the feeling of war, But we have to wait... Grow armies, not lunge head-first into battle, the way of our arrogant, overbearing ancestors. Perhaps the Sith might actually be learning strategic patience... ironic, is it not?

The words wandered about in his mind seeking to pretending to be thoughts... John's eyes returned to note the intent gaze of Morpheus on the back of his apprentice. To see the competitions that marked my training again would be fruitful for the Order, the competitions that gave Abaddon the upperhand. A way to weed out numbers. Only the strong, but we lack numbers as it is and we need more Lords... More Lords means masses of Apprentices who require training...

Regretfully, John, returned to the present... Dwindling on the past was a trait of the old and John, still under 30, despite the greying strands of hair in his beard and on his head, did not really wish to portray that kind of an image just yet...

Edited by Guest

Morph looked over his shoulder. Pathetic. These Sith think they're all powerful or something. Fools, it dosent take a quantum physicist to see that power comes in numbers. But hose numbers had to be led. And Morpheus planned to be on top when that happened.

"Iiajatsu. It's the code to my ship. It's on the desert outskirts, not far from here. He can use it if and when he wakes up. I was assuming I was traveling with you to our final resting place, right John? Ahh well, who cares. I'll hitch a ride with someone...."

He looks them over. He expected them to be weak, pathetic fools. When he looked, though, he saw power in the eyes of each who looked back. And to think, these would be the ones he would lead in the future.

There was one, however, that particularly caught his eye. An old Twi'leik, sunburned from the hot desert suns. A good ally as ever, he thought, as he went to go sit down next to him.

"So, what brings you to the Sith? The power? The easy way to the force?"

It wasn't hard to tell, he was an outcast like Morph was. Or at least he seemed one. How else would a Twi'leik spend a lot of time in a hot place?

morph.jpg

Kase turned his sun worn blue face towards the tall bald human. Looking through the man's deep brown eyes Kase sensed much arrogance and determination, but felt camaraderie with another seemingly lost soul.

Searching inside his own feelings Kase found no good answer to the man's questions. "Me boshka nobata che pawa, lapti tinka cheeska o chik youngee."

"Chut chut." Clearing his throat with a confused look he continued, "Sorry..... I... I didn't know I spoke huttese." Kase laughed softly. Every day he seemed to learn something new about himself. "I was saying that I am not looking for power, fancy mind tricks or dancing girls." He paused briefly and looked down to the sands. "Oto ta neen coo dobrah.... I only want to know who I am. I've been here in the dessert for as long as I can remember. I know there must have been more to this." He held up and examined his hands. As scarred and worn as his fingers were they still seemed to exude much power. "I have a past, a history and I intend to discover it. I've come to realize that the truth isn't here in the desert. If I came here to discover it I have found nothing, and lost everything. If I came here to hide from my past I will no longer cower in these miserable caves. I feel the path of the Sith will lead me to my destiny."

"All I know about the force is that the Dark side wields more power faster. There is much to be said when a master of either side, but Jedi are weak when in training."

Morph allowed himself to open up a little, to establish a common relationship between the two. It was good to have friends anywhere, and it was better to have supporters.

"To tell the truth, I was an outcast from my own family. I somehow...messed up...a big peace talk with a warring planet. Kalzoth, I think it was. Anyway, it caused a war that my parents were planning to avert. Instead of public humiliation, they shunned me, erasing all records of my existence, including my real name. I have gone by Morpheus ever since, my life being an everchanging experience. It is the name of an aincent God of my race, the unseen god, whose physical presence is always changing, and often appears in dreams. Sometimes, when I look back, I feel like I am dreaming....

My parents were fools. One mistake everyone is allowed to make, nobody is perfect. I decided to join because of the pure power. Power to rule, power to lead, and power to intimidate. The force has run strong in my family, but nobody has ever rejected their high-up life to actually develop any skill with it. I came to prove them wrong, and after I become the most powerful Sith in the galaxy, I will go back to their world, and kill all who are on it, just for pleasure."

Morph spotted a large beetle, and took pleasure in bringing his boot down upon it with a large crunch.

"Yeah, that's how I got here. Nothing more to it really....All that stands in my way now are Sith who want to be top dog. You don't seem to be one of those. In fact, I kind of like you. Maybe sometime you could teach me a little of that Huttese, I have heard it is the most useful language in the galaxy besides basic."

Morph looks down to the other's mouth, at the blood dripping from it, and remembered the blood spattered all over him. He must look like a mess. Just a normal day in the Sith life, he hoped. Anything more would be pleasant. He wanted to become the most brutal of all the Sith ranks, and intended to make it known to John shortly.

morph.jpg

ok, this is boring. "Hey John, I'm gonna head off and 'kill' some time. Alright? If you need to find me, follow the screams." Kivuli turns and returns to town.

Anger and Hatred are the fuel. Rage is the spark. The result is the inferno of the Sith.

John rolled his eyes, turned to his apprentice, and brought a sinister smile to his face. He extended his hand behind him and in a frightful display of Force Lightning, stopped the overly eager hopefuls in their tracks. "WHERE THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE GOING? AND NEVER REFER TO ME AS JOHN! MASTER, IF ANYTHING AT ALL, CLEAR?" His voice roared across the Tatooine desert scaring away even the lifeless sands of the Dune Sea.

John spoke to the huddled masses of fried flesh, Kivuli and Morpheus, as well as to Kase, now in a more calm tone.

"Yes, you are departing with me to the homeworld of the Sith... You wait or remain here and the path of the Dark Side remains closed to you unless some other fool comes by and picks you up to train you in the dark arts. You seek to kill something, duel eachother..."

He picked up the two via the force, Kivuli and Morpheus, and jerked them to his feet. Now, within a foot of John, "Do not dare run off again... I will not be so lenient the next time. The Order has an overabundance of hopefuls and likely that will be the first steps in proving your worth for training."

John turned from the heaping sacks of flesh... "AND SIMBERA, KILL THE BLASTED THING SO THAT WE CAN GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!" The veins had begun to bulge, those near John's temples.

Kivuli takes a few seconds to deal with the twitching his body is going through.Well that took care of the boredom. I wonder if he would mind doing that again. That actually felt kinda good once you get past the convulsions. Kivuli turns to Morpheus. "Well, what do you think of the idea of a duel? No intentional killing. Sound good?"

Morph held back the pain as best he could. A little every now and then was almost enjoyable to him, it reminded him he was still alive. But this....

He gritted his teeth, although it hurt, and spoke through his blistered lips as best he could. "Y-yes, Mast-ter." He didn't studder because he was afraid, no, that was quite the opposite, he was studdering because he had a nice electrical sore in the back of his throat.

Although nobody could tell, because his eyes were crisped over almost closed, he was glaring at Simbera. He knew it wasn't his fault for what had happened to him, but it was his fault for keeping them here so Morph couldn't get to a bacta tank. Pain was life in the Sith, however, and he had to get used to it.

morph.jpg

John turned his eyes once again on Morph... "Do not let your thoughts betray you so easily. The Jedi are skilled in mind reading and they will use that skill to exploit you and your actions. They can form their thoughts in your's, just as I can, and use that to block any attack you make. You must learn to hide your thoughts deep within your mind, especially thoughts of vengeance."

He let the words out with a sigh of sorts, turning to Kase... "You seek answers... Is that why you follow the dark side, to find answers? Tell me more, there once was a time, when I used the dark side to find answers... but that was long ago."

Kase looked up from his seated position at the man standing in the twilight above him. His use of force lightening had left the air full of a clean ionic smell, save the stench of singed flesh and burnt hair wafting from the two impatient explorers.

Kase lifted a fist full of sand towards the man and let it slowly sift through his blue fingers. "Like this sand, my memories are. They have slipped through my grasp. I know not where I come from except to say that I am from here..." Kase surveyed the desert around him. It had been his home for years as best he could remember. "My past is a mystery to me. I see visions at times of other places and people and I hear voices in my mind. I thought I might have been crazy and that it was best I just survive, alone here in that misery."

Kase paused and looking down, continued. "When I heard, or felt your voice inviting me to learn the ways of the Sith and to follow the dark side something changed inside me. I understood for the first time. I understood the visions and voices might be something more, that I might be a part of something greater. I understood that my past isn't as important as my future."

Kase looked up to the man and showed his empty palm, the sand having flowed out into the hot, dry winds of the desert. "I seek to know the truth about myself, to know who I am and what I am made of. Can your dark side tell me that?"

Morpheus's eyes opened as wide as they possibly could, despite the pain they caused. By now, it had faded down to a buzz, slightly more hurting than being rubbed hard with sandpaper.

He stared at the Sith, full of wonder and amazement. How the h*** did he do that?!? Could my thoughts really give my opponent the edge in battle? Intriguing!

Finally being released from the force grip, Morpheus sat down near Kase. Fortunately for the both of them, a slight breeze picked up, eliminating the smell. However, for some reson, the clean ionic smell stayed...

Morpheus would have to keep his arrogant tendencies in check. They almost got him killed here, he could only imagine what would happen at the academy.

But what John had just done, read Morpheus's mind, captured his attention more than anything. Morpheus had thought he had known the universe before, he was fairly smart, besides the fact that he actively participated in street fights whenever he could. This opened up a world of possibilities! The world could be at his fingertips!

He remembered to contain his thoughts, and quickly put a can on his blossoming questions. There would be time for that later. In fact, now was a perfect time to practice it. He sat on the rock, eyes closed, just letting a general blank into his mind. It was relatively difficult, as he had never tried before, but he kept at it.

morph.jpg

John smiled a modest smile, the question held a great deal of worth and there was no true answer, so John responded in riddles. "The Dark Side is in essence a portion of the Force, some would say the stronger, some would say the wiser... I say it is a side of the Force. The Force is everything, likely the Force will lead you to your answers... but it can only lead you to them and you must find the answers that you seek."

John took a breath before continuing, "I said I once went looking for answers... I found Power... Power can lead to Destiny and Destiny tends to hold the answers of our past. But if you focus too long on the past, the future will fade and slip through your grasp as the sands of the desert."

He called a palm's worth of sand to his hand and opened the gaps between his fingers as the fine granules began to slip through. "I can only promise you the Power of the Dark Side... If you say my invitation awoke something in you, then you must be on the right path."

Turning to Simbera once more... "Apprentice, you are becoming a dissappointment." In another display of Force Lightning, leaving more clean ionic air and burnt flesh in his wake, a Lambda class shuttle descended near the four men.

"We must go. The Sith await our arrival." John walked towards the vessel's boarding ramp, jerking towards him Simbera and Kivuli's burnt bodies and followed by Morpheus and Kase.

John began programming their destination as the Sith hopefuls waited...

(O.O.C. Sorry, I got lost again. I was still in the Cantina talking to you and I finally figured it out when you didn't reply to me)

Simbera was in a lot of pain from his punishments, and angry at being called a disapointment. But no matter how angry he was, he still had sense enough to know that his anger was insufficient to let him get away with anything in front of his master. He would store up this significant amount of anger, and one day soon, when he had the opportunity, unleash it all and take out at least one of the new apprentices. He hated how they were being treated, and wanted to make them feel...welcome.

He sat up slightly from his laying position and said in a cracked voice "Where are we going Master?" 'I call you master, dammit, and they don't' he thought, before continuing "How long have I been out?"

he wavered slightly and nearly passed out, but then recovered and waited for his answer

Following the group inside, Kase sat in the rear cockpit seat on the port of the Lambda class shuttle.

He had become so used to survival in the desert the soft padded chair afforded him no luxury. He shifted uncomfortably against it's cushioned folds.

Though extremely cold in the conditioned air of the ship, Kase peered out into the hot sun and mumbled a bitter farewell to his home. "E chu sando! Me jewz coo ra bunky dunko hotsa."

John smirked. "Simbera, you were out for quite some time... We're going 'home'..."

The five men ascended into the atmosphere of Tatooine aboard the Lambda shuttle. The sublight engines roared to life and followed by the hyperdrive as it stirred to life. The sands beneath the vessel shook forming whirlwinds that settled shortly after their departure.

(OOC: follow to Mimban)

*His starfighter slowly descends into atmosfere, Toster's ship automatically lands. As he exits his ship squinting to protect his eyes from the sand being carried by the dry desert wind. "What fate awaits me on this hostile dustball?", Toster thinks to himself, leaning against his ship, watching his master in the process of landing.*

*The vibre-class assault shuttle that carried K'munee to the desert planet of Tatooine, settle gently into the sands beneath it. He had chose this particular spot because of the nearby smugglers cave that he could use as shelter and to hide both ships from unwanted attention. When he emerged from the ship, he carried with him two large bags. The bags were filled with training tools, along with other neccessities needed to survive in such a harsh environment.*

*After two standard hours of setting up base camp, K'munee walked over to Toster with one of the bags he brought from his ship. He dumped the contents out on the ground in front of his padawan. What lay on the ground was an assortment of different weapons. He could see the bewildered look on the face of his padawan.*

"I know what you must be thinking. Why would a Jedi knight need such things, right? Well Here is your first lesson, Toster. The time of Jedi knights has long sinced passed. In my time in this world I have seen thier way of thinking constantly exploited and turned against them. Even now as we speak, there are those who seek to make a name for themselves by hunting and killing beings like us. That is why I will train you as a Jedi warrior. It is a way of thinking and training I adopted after my last padwan was knighted and I saw the horrors of the Sith war. These are far more aggressive times. We can not afford to be passive."

"I will not bore with the nature of the force stuff because the force speaks to all of us differently. My master used to babble on for hours about the living force and the unified force. To this day I am still a little unsure about either. But I have survived this long by listening to the force when its' whispers rang through my ears. Enough about me for now, how about we see what force powers you can learn today. Like I said on Hoth, all Jedi will not have the same force abilities. I am one of the few Jedi who can deflect blaster bolts with my hands. By way of the force I can induce severe nausea and pinch blood vessels in an opponents head, rendering them unconscious. My brother could crush the crystals in an opponents lghtsaber, rendering it useless. I would have loved to have learned that skill, but he was a Sith. Any questions before we start?"

293az4x.jpg

"I am the punishment of God...if you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."

*Looking at the large arsenal of weapons laying in front of him, Toster began to ponder about just what his master had in mind for his "training". He started examining the surrounding desert, finding that there wasn't a soul for miles.*

"No master, I have no questions. I am only eager to begin my training."

*DJK gave his eager padawan a nod, looking at the surroundings and the twin suns that blazed above them. A hot breeze blew across his face leaving tiny sand particles in the sweat that covered his brow. In the distant horizon he could see a group of mountains and came up with an idea. He stood up and removed his Jedi tunic, revealing his scarred chest underneath.*

"I got an idea. How about we run to thoses mountains over there on towards the horizon. It will be a good exercise and there is an important lesson to be learned by this. For this to work effectively I have forbid you from drinking any liquids. I want you to use the force to sustain you during the course of our run. This will show me if you have learned to let the force flow through your entire being. Try and keep up, Toster!"

*K'munee turned from his padawan and ran toward their mountain objective. He estimated that it had to at least 15 miles one way. Thanks to the flat terrain he was fooled by the heat waves that radiated off the sand, making him wonder if there really were any mountains at all. Maybe the heat was getting to him? Maybe it was a mirage? The sand made for some difficult traction for running and would add to the overall fatigue of his padawan, but he needed to gauge his connection with the force.*

293az4x.jpg

"I am the punishment of God...if you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."