What Does It Want? (Luke Skywalker and Wes Janson babysit)

Jedi Snarky

Authors Note this was originally posted as a challenge for two babysitting pilots in another forum that I thought you guys would enjoy.

Rating: PG

Type: Vignette

What Does It Want?

Luke wasn't certain who it was who actually lost the bet, either him, or Wes Janson. Apparently Wes had lost to Han in sabaac, and because of that, he ended up with babysitting duty, but Leia wouldn't agree to it unless Luke was there to help. He and Wes had decided to each take a kid, and surprisingly enough, Wes chose Jaina because she was sleeping. Luke shook his head, watching as the other man lounged on the couch, helping himself to all the food in the refrigeration unit, while he focused on feeding the other baby. Jacen was basically content to just feed on his bottle, unless Wes laughed too loudly at Hidden Holo. (A show which he claimed he had the idea for, but it was stolen from him while he was out saving the galaxy. The nerve.)

Wes laughed particularly loud at an exploding 'fresher, and beamed at Luke. "Did that to Cracken once."

Jacen released the bottle to look at Wes, and Luke had to wiggle it in his mouth to get him to take it again. "I believe it."

"You know how rich I'd be if they hadn't stolen the idea from me?" Wes complained, folding his arms.

Luke fought the urge to roll his eyes. "The galaxy thanks you, Wes."

Jacen looked up at Luke, reached his pudgy little hands up, and started tracing Luke's fingers with his own. This broke his concentration again, and Luke had to keep reminding him of the bottle, while listening to Wes' monologue of how he'd done that, planned that, would have executed it much better....

Then Jaina woke up.

It took Wes a moment to realize she was. "Is the refrigeration unit acting up?"

Force help the man's wife. If he ever found one. "Jaina's crying."

Wes frowned. "Can it wait for a commercial?"

Luke shook his head. "Only if you'd care to tell Leia that."

Paling, Wes immediately got to his feet and headed toward the nursery. Once he was out of earshot, Luke chuckled, which distracted Jacen again.

A moment later he appeared again, holding a screaming Jaina at arms length. "What does it want?"

”œShe wants to be held better,”

It doesn't matter what color of hair you have, only that you have hair.

My Niece

Wahoo! How nice to see you popping in, Snarkster! If only you made it more permanent!

It's always fun to read one of your pieces, and this one did not disappoint. I think you can pull of Wes pretty well!

"It's always these little worlds that get you in trouble. Like Tatooine. I'm still living that one down." - Han Solo

Your barnacle has carnivorous salamanders the size of whales.

"Let us hold unswervingly to the faith we profess, for he who promised is faithful." -Heb. 10:23

Amidala Skywalker:

Thanks! Lukie knows because he's sit before.

NavyGal:

Thanks Navygal! I mentioned to Kiara I saw you again!

gimpybouncingonherbottomdancingthejedijigofjoy: It's great to see you too! Yes, very part time for me...too busy writing orginal works and whatnot. How are you???

Travis: Thank you Travis! I write too much dialogue, I am afraid. I need to learn setting and blocking better.

My Niece

Oh, Snarkyladyleadingakazooparade, it's been too long! I'm impressed! Have you been working towards publishing any of these original works? Can we see any of them here? I'm afraid that I'm gimpyhobblingaround once more for a few days... rolled my ankle on the stairway at work coming home yesterday. I did you that 'can you walk three steps' or not rule to determine whether or not I should go to the doctor, though! Life is good... married now, and not much time for writing but I'm trying to get back in the swing of it.

"It's always these little worlds that get you in trouble. Like Tatooine. I'm still living that one down." - Han Solo

Your barnacle has carnivorous salamanders the size of whales.

"Let us hold unswervingly to the faith we profess, for he who promised is faithful." -Heb. 10:23

Ouch! Gimpy, don't do that! You didn't have my permission! (Yes, you needed it. ).

My family has weak ankles too. Write your name in the air five times every day with your feet and it's a good strengthening exercize.

You know the closer you get to something

The tougher it is to see it,

And I'll Never take it for granted,

Let's go!

Every_Super_Villain_should_have_a_g.jpg

Gimperdoodlehobblingonefootsohusbndhastowaitonherhandandfoot: THou art not supposed to get sprained ankles! You know what happens whenever you do that...

I get one too! And I need to walk for both jobs. No husband for me, just a boyfriend. He's alright.

Are you going to try to get published? That's my ultimate goal...and Kiara's....

Aren't you all glad I told her we were talking about her?

My Niece