Yesterday Was Thursday

Too late? Maybe. Overdone? Probably. But I already had a lot written up. Here's the first half or so, and if there's interest I'll post the rest soon.

==========

We begin at the beginning. Yeahs, ohs, oohs, and ahs””these primitive utterances arouse a dormant fire. They stir the depths, draw up from those recesses the long-forgotten memory of our primordial state. This tribal chant calls to us, strikes us with the resounding power of the mythical: the Ark has come to carry us into the past. It is a lyric without language, born of the unplowed earth, bursting with spontaneous life. How can we resist its lure? The ritual penetrates to our inmost being, unclothing what is shamefully clothed. It says nothing and yet conveys everything, uncovering that buried truth dressed and suppressed by millennia: we are creatures once untamed, and still so in our hearts. In this moment of transcendence we once again meet the animal within ourselves. And we, too, join. The call becomes a bellow as together we celebrate our ferity, and by this synergistic union are subsumed into sublimity.

Seven a.m., waking up in the morning

Gotta be fresh, gotta go downstairs

Where have we come? From the wild sprawl of nature to soft domesticity””this is our modern age. Each day is announced by a shrill alarm, our routine calibrated to precision. But not a moment passes before we glance the shackles of our rote existence. ”œNeeds”

couldntbeseen.png

You, sir, are brilliant. I was laughing so hard when I read this. It reminds me of Uncyclopedia's entry for this song, how it was originally by Bob Dylan and has all these deep social meanings about the Civil Rights Movement and the Cold War ("Everybody's Russian").

Nice stuff!

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

It took me a bit to get it, mostly because I don't generally get on the meme train and I've only heard the song in question once--self inflicted because PEOPLE WOULDN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT IT--and didn't bother listening through.

What's creepy to me about this is I often think about how future cultures might interpret what they find of ours. So this hits that bell... what strange things could we be projecting onto past cultures and what will people do with ours?

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.