A Child is Born.

Dashel Illioni

An old man, more than sixty years of age, sat watching the glory of a sunrise on a summer Saturday. He wished to be with his daughter, but the doctor had forbidden him to travel to the hospital where she was.

The sunrise brought a smile to his face, though, for he was a good man who had lived life well and was finding the rewards that he had earned.

The golden orb of the sun had completely risen over the horizon when the old man noticed a ripple in the air that heralded the return of someone he had not heard from in days.

”œHello Emily,”

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting...but I didn't understand it at all. I thought it was very confusing. Maybe it's just that it's night and I'm tired, but I really didn't get who the characters were or what was going on. Felt very disjointed for me.

*shrugs* I guess it was good...but since I didn't understand, I'm going to feel mixed about this one.

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

• 2 weeks later...

I liked it. However, like Ami, I really didn't understand most of it.

I thought I had it figured out until you mentioned the file, and that sort of threw me off. :shrug: It could be the way I read.

I agree with Skye that your use of emotion is very good, and I also look forward to seeing more fics by you.

GaladrielKenobi3.jpg

"Freedom is not the right to do what we want, but what we ought." --- Abraham Lincoln

"We must all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang seperately." --- Benjamin Franklin in the movie, 1776

• 3 months later...

I thought the story was rather simple, but then I wrote it and that definately complicates things.

The gist and characters of the story are as follows:

1. Emily is a ghost whom haunted this couple first as a malignant then friendly, sort of an adopted child.

2. She was reborn at the end of the story as the grandaughter.

3. The couple kept a file on the spirit, basically the steps she had taken to be reformed and both agreed that their granddaughter Emily, might be haunted by dreams of her former existence and the file they had kept would be able to explain the story better than they could.

• 3 months later...