Vjun

BLCKCLONE

It was during the atmospheric chaos of one of Vjun's greater storms that the Sith Master Haphaestus returned to the world where he had stood guard for thousands of years before being rebuilt into something much greater by the one that had been a god at the time. His small ship set down at the old castle Nurgle had made his home, one of its walls crumpled by a great blast of Force energy that Haphaestus quite clearly remembered creating.

Exiting the ship, he was immediately drenched by rain, hundreds of droplets soaking his cape and pinging off his archaic but immensely strong armor plates, the ring of each impact almost deafening. The chill of the air was something Haphaestus could experience, and he liked it.

So he stood outside the castle gate, frozen in place like a long-standing sentinel, an iron construction, imposing, ready to spring into life, the death it sought to bring inevitable, lightning crackling over his head and thunder the result of the impact of his fists.

HOWEsON.png

Nurgle landed his ship at the ruins of Grimoire Castle. He gathered himself for what lay ahead. The Rosecrucians were young as a unit, and thus the trying times that were to come would jeopardize his plans even moreso. Nevertheless, they could not control the future. They would have to adapt, or die out. Nurgle hoped they chose the former. He stretched out with his senses, disappointed to find only Haphaestus had arrived. He approached his motionless creation.

"Well met Master Haphaestus. I have gathered you all here today for many reasons. We will give the others time to come. But I can deal only with you if they do not show. Your presence here is key. I have a very important responsibility to bestow upon you."

dartdominusgi2.jpg

"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking."

-Darth Rivan

Haphaestus bowed to his Master, his only motion since arriving to where he now stood. "I would be honored to hear such a proposal," he said darkly.

It was amusing, though, that no one else had arrived, and perhaps foreboding of something perilous to the survival of the Rosecrucians. Being a member of an important group demanded punctuality above all other things, and a group that could not meet when required was one doomed to ineffectiveness.

But it was too early to resign the Rosecrucians to any fate, good or ill. It had potential, though the general impact of the new Dark Lord's meeting seemed to be one of acceptance of his rise to the position and submission to his will. This group was formed to influence that will.

HOWEsON.png

Zeke's figure emerged from the shadows, perfectly dry even though it appeared as if his body was being pelted with rain. His face was concealed beneath his cloak, as he preferred others to not lay their eyes upon it and generally he used his illusionary skills to prevent them from seeing his real face-but he had more respect for those that would be here today then to attempt to use it on them as well.

Zeke looked to Nurgle, knowing that he would recognize the cloak he wore as bearing the marks of Tzeentch, but not concerning himself with what he would think of that. He offered Nurgle a nod of his head, then turned and offered Haphaestus the same. He was here, as requested, and the only one missing was Exodus; though Zeke was sure he would show up”¦eventually.

Zeke1purp2.jpg

To look upon him is to forfeit your very soul to his every whim

As the Reaper's Grimm exited hyperspace, the hyperspace ring was deployed, and the small astromech droid began searching the planet below for the other's life signature, relaying everything he found into the cockpit for Darth Oni to read. Guiding his ship toward their presence, the Sith Lord landed nearby the Castle with the soft whirling and whistling of the engines beginning to slow.

He disembarked, the rain droplets flowing off of him like tiny raging streams across a planet's rocky surface, releasing what appeared to be steam from around the Assassin's glowing green eyes. This was Oni's first time upon Vjun, and the darkside nearly overwhelmed the former apprentice of Nurgle as he began his small trek toward the group.

As he walked, the mud squished and caked upon his feet as he neared the others for the meeting, Master Haphaestus and the new guy Zeke were among the first to arrive as it seemed. Turning his head toward Nurgle, the steam still rising from his eyes, giving a visual of why the name Oni suited him so much, the Lord began to speak to his former Master.

"I have arrived as promised."

Then turning his head toward the others, he gave them the respected nod of his head to each of his fellow brethren. Taking his place among them to await the two others, he leaned over once more toward his Master and spoke into the old one's ear, his voice showing no sign of secrecy from the others.

"Before we leave from this place, there is a couple of matters i will need your help with, Master Nurgle."

By the time the Lady Indiscretion had come out of hyperspace, Ki had gotten changed into more comfortable clothing. Her black leather pants, halter neck top, cloak and boots. Various weaponry were hidden in their usual sheathes. She had taken time to show Gren where he could stow his gear while traveling. The young woman joined him in the cockpit shortly before they arrived at Vjun, taking note of his expression as he looked at her.

"Be prepared when we reach the surface. Besides the fact there are wild beasts that are dangerous, there could also be some of the engineered creatures from the labs roaming around."

The closer they got to the surface, the more uneasy Ki became. She could feel something... something familiar.

"I'll take the controls. I wonder..." Doing a scan of the area around the main Castle that Phillep had used when there she picked up various other craft. "We're going elsewhere." She changed course to avoid the area where Phillep and Nurgle had 'entertained' she and Aisling, instead heading for the mountains in the distance, making it look like she was heading back out to space before cutting the power, gliding the ship down and only firing up so that they could land gently.

If Nurgle had felt her presence and that of her child, she didn't know what he would do. He hadn't harmed her... only Phillep had so she didn't have anything against him. He had healed her, Ki pulling back her sleeve to run her finger over the strange consistency of her skin where the God had healed the wound that had cut her tendons as well as to rip out the implant. The revenge she wanted was against Phillep and the Empire. Part of her still wanted to complete her training... knowing she would need to have a new master and to learn more before she could ever hope to leave the mantel of apprentice behind... that she had been Phillep's apprentice was something she hid well behind levels of pain that he had inflicted on her.

"I hope they don't come after us..."

She had the ship's security systems activated just incase they needed to make a quick getaway before she motioned for Gren to follow her outside. Ki had felt another familiar presence. The sound of heavy beating wings were heard, Ki reaching out with her arm to prevent Gren from bringing his weapon to bear, just incase he thought that it was one of the vicious creatures she had told him about.

Stepping towards the small clearing she looked skywards, watching the black form in the sky growing larger as it approached. The large winged equine whinnied as it came in to land, trotting up to Ki, it's foal not too far behind it. The young woman ran her hands over the wondrous beast and her foal before turning towards Gren, leading the equine behind her.

"Gren... meet Sheeba. She and her foal are the reason I wanted to come back here."

KiVastor.jpg

Kheldar pops back into the bar, giving Ki a startled look.

"Wait a second.... Weren't you just here and- Oh, wait, nevermind. For some reason I'm getting deja vu..."

[meaning Alora]

Some time during the flight Ki had indeed gotten changed... When she entered the cockpit after they exited hyperspace he felt his eyes linger a moment... Then a moment more... Swearing silently he tore his gaze back to the control panel. Hoping that she hadn't seen him turn slightly red...

As Ki spoke of what could be down on the surface Gren nodded.... Still in his minds eyes was Ki...

"I'll need to change into my armour then. Its lightweight and flexible so it won't hider us... But it'll stop a blaster shot at the right angle and it should hopefully stop most wild beast from chewing on my bones."

Giving her a quick look as he took the Lady Indiscretion down into the atmosphere. Relaxing he decided to try meditation again. Closing his eyes he calmed his breathing...

Flash

He could feel tension and fear with his force enhanced feelings... And more importantly he could feel why... The planet! It left a residue on you... Like an oily second skin! But it was bad! Gren felt sullied by it...

Shuddering he tried to stand...

Flash

Gren gasped for breathe as he came out of the meditation... But he didn't really... Now he could feel it all! All the time! What is going on with me? He thought as his grip on the controls loosened.

When Ki decided to take the controls he relinquished them happily. Seeing an opportunity to change... And needing an opportunity to recover. A few minutes later. Standing in his battle armour he shuddered again... He could feel a darkness emanating from somewhere! All around him! Inside him! What was this place? Why was he coming here? Grabbing his weapons he armed himself... To the teeth... Well not really. But all his weapons did go on.

Re-entering the cockpit he glanced at Ki... In time to hear her say.

"I hope they don't come after us..."

Who? Gren thought as he made sure all his varied detonators were in place. Watching her activate the security measure Gren felt himself tense up slightly. He did like this situation... He hadn't counted on this planet having such an effect on him...

As Ki opened the hatch... As if on queue a buzzing sound sounded in his ears... Swearing silently he gripped his blaster rifle tighter as he followed her... His eyes not actually on the surroundings...

Suddenly she stopped raising her hand... Blocking him from raising his blaster. What? What is that! Gren thought as a large four legged winged creature flew towards them... Obediently he didn't raise his blaster... Even when he spotted a second creature just like the first flying in...

"Gren... meet Sheeba. She and her foal are the reason I wanted to come back here."

Gren swore in his mind... Eyeing the very large... Thing... Beautiful she was... Stepping forward Gren slipped his rifle over his shoulder... Offering the creature his hand to smell... Instead it stepped forward and blew into his face... Startled Gren nearly stepped back... Then remember his limited diplomatic training... Useful even when dealing with non-sentient creatures he stepped forward and blew into the creatures face...

"Shes beautiful... Very nice."

Gren said as he turned to Ki... He meant it. Their was something magnificent about this creature... At the edge of his awareness something twinged...

sigyh.jpg

A carefree laugh escaped Ki as the foal gently nudged against her stomach. It knew that it's rider was inside... Her gaze shifted to Sheeba and Gren.

"They're force sensitive too." She looked closer at him, "You look uncomfortable. I did warn you before we came here that Vjun was a darkside planet. I've been here before so was prepared for it."

While she didn't let on in any way, her body buzzed, her arm tingling due to it's layering from the plant that had healed her wound. She actually felt quite at ease there though kept her actions as if she wasn't.

"We might have to wait a while before going to the labs at the Castle. As we came in I noted activity there. Other ships."

KiVastor.jpg

"Wait a second.... Weren't you just here and- Oh, wait, nevermind. For some reason I'm getting deja vu..."

[meaning Alora]

Gren was immediately on the alert... His hand going back to his blaster rifle, depressing a stud on the inside of his sleeve Gren's faceplate came up... Now only his eyes and above could be seen. A small arm extended with a clear screen on the end of it. It covered Gren's left eye.

"Other ships? How many? Did you recognise any of them?"

He asked... His voice coming out slightly mechanical... Satisfied after a while that the suits various sensory and vision enhancers told him nothing was coming Gren again depressed the stud and the faceplate retracted.

It was quite likely they had been spotted.. Starships made quite a lot of noise in atmosphere though the maneuvers Ki had pulled might have thrown that off...

Recon or Fortify? He thought to himself... Recon could give us the advantage if they don't know we're here... But if they do it'll just make us more vulnerable... What to do what to do?

"How do we pass the time then? Your high- Ki... Is their anything in particular you had in mind?"

sigyh.jpg

"I didn't recognize any of the ships." That much was true, Ki hadn't recognized the ships, only the presence of Nurgle. Now what? "We could always leave and come back later..."

She rested her head against the mare's neck, watching Gren to see what he wanted to do.

KiVastor.jpg

[meaning Alora]

Gren shook his head. More to get the strange buzzing out then to get some message across. He was still slightly off-put by the planet... Nevermind that... Your a soldier. You'll fight in any condition. Anytime. Anywhere... And you'll fight to win.

"Leave? And go where? Its too dangerous to head to space... We were lucky to not get spotted the first time... If we go back up and they do spot us then we aren't coming back anytime soon. Not without an army anyway."

Gren considered for a moment... He might have misunderstood her.

"Unless you meant travel somewhere down here on foot... If their is an area you want to see... For any reason then feel free to ask... If not I might just conduct some recon on exactly what we are dealing with here... With your permission of course your high- Ki... Since you know this planet better then I and you are a princess your authority supersedes mine... Especially considering our circumstance."

Gren was confident he could see what their was to see then get out without being discovered... Turning to look at Ki he smiled briefly... She looked happy with her winged animal...

It reminded him of one of his theory lessons when he was at the RRTC on Toprawa...

"If all we achieve is to bring a smile onto the face of one person... Make one person feel like they've achieved something extraordinary or give them hope for another day... Then our mission was well worth it... Not in the eyes of the mass... Not even for the greater good... But for a little redemption of our souls... And for an impact that could change the galaxy... One good deed can lead to another... And it is your duty as a future Antarian Ranger... To make sure that the future of our galaxy is pone of peace and happiness."

The voice of his old teacher rang out in his mind as clear now as it was nearly fifteen years ago... He hadn't been referring to the wider goals of the Rangers... But to the personal goals of a man... In this case he was right...

If all I've done here is to bring a smile and contentment to one young womans face... Then its a job well done. And it did give Gren a measure of peace... It seemed to calm the buzzing anyway...

sigyh.jpg

"If you travel through the forest you need to be very cautious. Some of the creatures there were created through darkside means. I have a speeder bike in the ship if you want to use that. I'll ride Sheeba"

She looked over the mare's back towards Gren, "I wouldn't trust any of the villagers either if you come across them. They have all been... infected by some sort of experimental 'project'."

She would head back to lower the ramp from the hold if he wanted the speeder bike from it.

KiVastor.jpg

[meaning Alora]

The World of Vjun was a creation that remained emblematic to those few who had served the Demon of Blight, the God of Rot; Sith Master Nurgle. It was rumored to proliferate and flourish the powers of those who had once tasted his power, the planet breathed the dark side and those that entered its damnable atmosphere was thrust into the friction of spirit and smothered with its power. These demons became unconquerable.

At last, a destination was reached but it was not that of Byss. For a reason exclusive to Exodus, he had buried his tracks and deluded his true intentions. The blandishment of darkness seduced his exhausted soul and empowered him without exception; the planet crammed its amplitude into him and revived his intestinal fortitude. The complexion in his face deepened and soaked into a convalescent definition with his emerald irises at its colored climax. The rumors were exact.

The ship landed near the castle in which he had first met his prospect and he could feel that of course, it was inhabited. The unlit assassins moved as instruction had reached their ear. Two masked men entered the room in which Julio bid his time, he hadn't a clue where he had been led to, nor what was paved for his future. The man was as clueless as he was when he had first delved for power. Despite whatever resistance, he couldn't see as perception had been stolen from him and so the men hauled and pulled the man off of the ship and into the presence of the unwearied Exodus.

”œBeneath this world, creatures that lack the pleasure of slumber await. Survive their craze and the senses that were stolen from you will be returned. Once you are finished, do not stray afar, I shall come for you.”

P3UXctm.gif

Gren turned to Ki. who was stroking her creature... He still didn't know exactly what it was...

"What sort of 'experimental project'? The send me nuts in the head kind... Or the hideous mutation and highly infectious kind?"

Either way he didn't want to have to deal with a group of yokel wanna be killers... Slaughtering peasant militia wasn't something he was fond of doing...

Only once had he killed peasant soldiers. It had been fro the greater good... Yet it still burned him.

"How far away is the castle? I didn't get the chance to gauge our distance when we were in the air... If its more then ten clicks or so i may just take that speeder... Though this armour is pretty spectacular as far as movement and traveling goes."

Depressing a stud on his right sleeve a small sensor unit popped up from a box-like structure on the back... Again the faceplate shot up and the eye-piece extended...

This time Gren did a more thorough scan of the area... Though he detected life in range of his sensor. It was a powerful unit... They needn't worry about that just yet...

sigyh.jpg

They were all here at last. Nurgle knew this may be the last time he conducted a meeting of this sort. He had been trying to remember what it was like to feel immortal. That had passed. It was not a pleasant thing to have unlimited power and then have it snatched away as Nurgle had when he was master of this planet.

What I wouldn't give to go back to those days.

The Sith Master's feelings had not come out of nowhere. He had been sleeping on Raynuk's ship when he had had the rare experience of a prophetic vision. Only twice before had such a gift been bestowed onto Nurgle. One prophecy that he would become a god. Another that his enemies would kneel before him as servants. The second had not yet come to pass. This gave Nurgle hope that the third was not what it seemed.

"I will get straight to the point. The normal business we would conduct here has to be suspended. I have had a vision of the future. A very powerful vision . . . . I am going to die. Soon."

Nurgle let that information seek in. Sith were not a sentimental bunch. But when a powerful Sith like Nurgle was threatened, it could bode ill for all. Of course, some would see the power vacuum as a positive as well. Such was the nature of his brethren.

"Given the nature of this vision, I have reason to believe I can overcome this fate, or at least return somehow. It remains to be seen. What is certain is that the vision I had will come to pass. Suffice it to say, our plans will have to be stalled. Someone will have to carry on in my place and ensure that Raynuk Montar is answerable to the Sith. I would like Haphaestus to take on this role as leader of this secret council."

Nurgle did not continue. He wanted to know what they all thought, especially his creation. It was abrupt news.

dartdominusgi2.jpg

"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking."

-Darth Rivan

Something unusual took place within Haphaestus, something different than he had yet felt. He was tempted by Nurgle's offer. But what was temptation? A droid felt no such things, although sometimes they used the word as a part of their vocabulary. But it didn't actually know what it meant to feel temptation--an answer was always there, either pre-programmed or as a part of a development of the present situation.

A much slower process due to the input of emotion (which he could choose to disregard, though not easily), Haphaestus weighed both sides of the decision that laid before him. Becoming the head of the Rosecrucians meant that the other powerful Sith in the council would answer to him. He would be in charge of the group that represented something to hold the Dark Lord of the Sith accountable to those who served him. It was, although secret, a powerful position...just like his position under the Emperor.

But this side of the equation was emotional and, thusly, more irrational than logical. The logical side of him told him that accepting such a role didn't make sense. He was, as was aforementioned in the decision-making process, an Imperial agent. Being an Imperial agent could be a time-consuming job, though he had not yet done much in the role. He had never spent much time in the Sith Order and thus knew little about its members, hierarchy, or how it worked. These things could be found out, but it would take time...time that he didn't necessarily have.

If there was to be a day when Haphaestus made a decision in which his organic, emotional aspect overcame his mechanical, unfaltering logic, it was not this day.

Presently, Haphaestus shook his head once. "No, Nurgle," he said. "I, though perhaps the greatest of your creations and the most bound to your flesh and mind, am not the correct choice for the leader of the Rosecrucians. My duties lie within the Empire before they are within the Sith, and though I may be able to offer counsel to this group, I am never to be its leader unless my circumstances change."

But that organic part of him was still tempted. He wanted the power, the responsibility. He wanted to prove himself to the other Sith, even if he didn't need to. It was another irrational feeling. It was almost juvenile. But it was part of him nonetheless.

HOWEsON.png

Zeke's facial expression hadn't changed at all at the mention of Nurgle dying. It was neither a hinderance nor a boon to his personal goals. He would pause to take a moment out and offer respect to the one that had given him greater power then he could have achieved alone; but nothing more. Everyone died and to spend too much time mourning was to simply show weakness and unresolved feelings.

As was to be expected, he spoke of changing fate-such was impossible, but when faced with the sight of ones death it was certainly plausible to believe anything that would help avoid it was possible. He had expected more of Nurgle then to try and change his own fate, but he figured the man would just learn the hard way as everyone else did.

To run from fate will simply drive you straight into its arms.

Zeke wasn't too surprised when Haphaestus was chosen for the role as leader in Nurgle's absence. He was one of Nurgle's greatest creations; a perfect fusion of flesh and machine, but that was not to say he was the strongest of Nurgle's followers. Zeke always viewed him as having”¦Split personalities to an extent. He had his flesh and blood side and his machine side. Emotions drove those who breathed and had blood pumping through their veins, but logic drove those with electricity powering their circuits. To have the two clash so strongly would surely cause too much pause in the heat of the moment, forcing him to rely on one or the other which could only weaken him for his was but a Half breed.

It is a disgusting fusion of flesh and machine that shouldn't be; a perversion of nature that not even I would consider creating.

The job should fall to Exodus and with Haphaestus turning it down, it was likely that it would. Zeke had no interest in keeping tabs on Sith he planned to eliminate somewhere down the line. He had his own interests and goals, but on the other hand Montar didn't appear to be doing anything with his time so it'd be as simple as sitting around all day staring at the holonet while Montar tried to act tough.

Zeke merely shook his covered face to and fro several times and brushed away the thought, glad that he always took special care to protect his thoughts and emotions from others. It gave him a sense of well-being knowing that even around such powerful figures as these; he was safe from their subtle spying techniques. With the half breed done talking, Zeke spoke up.

”œIf Haphaestus won't take the job, I am sure that Exodus would be suited for it. He is, after all, positioned within Montar's closest circle of trusted advisors.”

Zeke1purp2.jpg

Darth Oni's jaw dropped as the news of his former Master's death entered into his mind when Nurgle told the other's of this unexpected news. For weeks now, Oni had grew attached to the former god, viewing him more of a father figuare than a Master. As most who knew Oni before his training, also knew how emotional the young man was, and for those around him now it became apparent.

A bright red aura burst forward like a raging hurricane as the warm and cold air mixed within it's realm of emotion, tears pouring from within the Necroplasm Armor that covered the former Hutt Assassin, now turned Sith Assassin's face and body. But these tears, though as sorrowful as they were, were not meant to show weakness, but hatred for those who wished to do Nurgle any harm.

Pure hatred engulfed his very soul, powerful enough to show Nurgle that those who would kill him will have to get passed him first. The once green eyes that everyone knew suddenly turned blood red once again, the anger consuming even his body now. But with time, this subsided as he calmed the disease within him. Quietly he krepted over to a nearby chair, sitting upon it, thinking of what to do next.

Oni now had two promises to be kept, one to his former Hutt leader Rihn, and one to his former Sith Master Nurgle. But which could he keep with one now gone, and the other to soon follow. The one known as Rihn, had sent the Assassin to train as a Sith, when he met Nurgle upon Coruscant within the Last Call.

And now Nurgle, who he promised to help bring about this group of influential Sith to help govern their brethern. It would be possible to keep Nurgle's, as Oni never gave up when it came to his word, but what of the one he made to Rihn. Though it was true, that when Nurgle died, Oni's days within the Sith would be over, only his promise to Nurgle being his only tie to the Order as he once again returned to the Hutts.

But would this be a problem for his brethern, he thought to himself as his green eyes gazed around the room at the others, when he stopped to gaze upon Exodus, a fellow Sith Assassin.This was the one Zeke offered to lead them, and he wondered if the man would hold it against him if Oni left to return to the Hutt faction, only coming to their orderly meetings or in time of his needing.

Quietly, Oni sat within the room, simply observing the others and his former Master, wondering, waiting, watching to see what will transpire. Nurgle's mini faction had just begun, to so early face a possible disbandment. Whoever accepted Nurgle's offer to lead the group, Oni would seek council with to decide his fate in their future, just before his need of Nurgle's help began. Quietly, he thought to himself.....

"Hopefully i won't be killed."

OOC:

Okay, let me make something clear OOC to you guys. Unless someone has told your character IC that Haphaestus is part biological, part droid, your character doesn't know. You can't tell. You can feel his biological aspects through the Force, and you can tell that his thought process is particularly methodical, but you can't tell that the rest of him is droid.

If you're particularly acute with the Force, you may conclude that Haphaestus was once biological and lost many of his limbs and organs, which were replaced by prosthetics (much like Vader or Grievous--in fact, the concept of Haphaestus was partially inspired by Grievous, although the idea was much improved). But as far as your characters know, it's impossible to actually fuse a droid with a biological being and grant him use of the Dark Side.

So unless your character was told, he/she doesn't know. Just because I don't hide it in my posts doesn't mean you can tell--I do tend to hide it from what is said aloud. Thank you.

IC:

Haphaestus waited for Nurgle's response to his words.

HOWEsON.png

Nurgle had not been sure how Haphaestus would react. The droid was unpredictable, further evidence of his creation's evolution from machine to organic. But he was prepared either way. Nurgle could understand Haphaestus's reasoning. Especially after his little altercation with Quietus. It wasn't exactly a perfect match. But he trusted Haphaestus above all others, and was still sure he was the best option.

Nevertheless, this could work out to my advantage. Zeke's suggestion is perfect.

"I understand Haphaestus. Your position in the Empire is key, it would not make sense to compromise it. And Zeke is right to say Exodus already has a close relationship. I have been thinking much about that Exodus."

He turned his attention directly to Exodus. He was one of the most powerful Sith here, as well as the Sith least connected to Nurgle, and thus the least trustworthy.

"I have a very detailed plan, and Exodus as leader of the Rosecrucians might help us to reach our ultimate goals. I envisioned Exodus at an even higher position of leadership within the Sith long down the road, backed by the Rosecrucians. So this would be a fitting test."

Of course, Nurgle had never told any of them what those ultimate goals were, except in the vaguest of terms. But he knew what they were. Nurgle knew exactly what the future was for the Rosecrucians. And even if he was temporarily destroyed, he intended to stick to his plan. The future held not merely influence in the affairs of the Sith, but a Rosecrucian as leader of every major faction, directly controlled by this council, which would eventually be much larger and more diverse. And then the way would be paved for the rise of a man Nurgle had not mentioned to anyone. A third party in this whole scenario. Nurgle dared not even think his name. He focused on the here and now.

"What do you say Exodus?"

It was not only a test of leadership skill, it would be a test of loyalty.

dartdominusgi2.jpg

-Darth Rivan

Julio was being dragged, where he didn't know. When he landed, he had expected to be on Byss, as the crewman had said. Now Julio wasn't so sure. Exodus' command had been vague. Survive their craze and the senses that were stolen from you will return. Now Julio started to become unsettled. Without his sight and by extension his weapons, he was essentially helpless to whatever came his way. He still had his unarmed combat to fall on, but without his eyes it made it vastly more difficult to put into practical use.

The men that had dragged him out of the ship were now dragging him farther from the ship. Julio started to worry about his destination. Beneath this world. Were they taking him underground? A cave? Where could they be going? He tried to get on his feet and walk himself with the two men as guides, but they just increased the pass for a second, making him tumble. Julio felt his legs go wet and could hear the two men sloshing through something like mud.

"Hey! Hey! Let's try to avoid the mud guys. And I can walk if you two just guide me. I'm not an invalid."

Julio felt a sharp in his already fractured ribs. He made no attempt to hold his weight as he dropped, leaving the two escorts bearing all his limp mass. They picked him up, not bothering offering aid in whatever injury just befell him. A few meters farther, Julio felt himself thrown this time into the now rocky trail. His reflexes managed to get his arms in front of him before his face met it's end at the rocks edges. He let out a grunt as the rocks cut their way through his flesh. They picked him back up, continuing their journey into apparent darkness.

He felt the air get cooler and he could hear the echo of shoes on a stone surface. Julio could no longer feel the heat of the sun on his neck. They were no longer outside. Julio could hear the faint sound of mechanical equipment in the background. At least the beasts he spoke of aren't actually wild animals. But that opens up so many more questions. Julio's heart began to race as he contemplated what sentient beings could do to be considered beasts.

Ki stroked the neck of the black pegasus equine as she pondered what he said. "Mutations that change their whole personalities. They become mindless though focused on the tasks set for them by their 'masters'. They are dangerous in other ways also though exactly what I am unsure."

It was true, she didn't know what all the mutations were... she was aware of her own though. Though it disgusted her, she occasionally felt the need for blood.

The way Ki had brought the Lady Indiscretion down with minimal noise allowed them to be within a 10 click radius.

"Some suit you have then. It is about 10 clicks to the north east, through the forest. I passed over a few ridges."

KiVastor.jpg

[meaning Alora]

((OOC: I'm running out of time... I foresee wave after wave of weird bests charging us ))

Gren grinned at the compliment to his armour. It was state-of-the-art, called Antarian Infiltrators Suit. or the AIS for short it was treated to resist blaster shots from anything short of an E-Web from a distance and most lighter blasters up close... Close being ten meters or less... Treated against lightsabers and regular blades the material it was flexible and lightweight... Not metal... Though it looked quite like metal... The box-like pack on his back held a small but powerful sensor unit, self-destruct device and several other espionage tools... All in all it had been partly responsible for what made the Antarian Ranger Intel Corp so feared by Imperial Intelligence... Before they wiped out Toprawa and destroyed the Antarian Bases there...

"Heh... This suit is a work of art... I won't go into all it can do... But trust me when I say with this baby on I could take on a Sith Lord..."

Suddenly an alarm began buzzing in his suit... Frowning Gren activated his faceplate and eye-piece again... As they swung into place he swore...

"It looks like something did spot us landing... Ten somethings... No wait... Twelve... Eighteen... Ok... Time to go..."

Gren said as another eight of the marks appeared... all making a direct beeline towards their location... Suddenly a circle appeared... All around them... At least three hundred... Probably more...

"Ki... Get your creature and her foal in the ship... And start the power-up ssequence... Looks like we won't be staying here..."

Gren started checking his weapons... Hopefully they'd be gone by the time those creatures got here... But if not... He'd be ready...

Suddenly Gren swore once more... They had picked up the pace... A weird howling could be heard through the trees... They had less then thirty seconds before the first few arrived...

sigyh.jpg

Somewhere between the folds of discussion, there was an awkward conundrum that struck Exodus. There was request of a leader when it had been determined in advance that these men who stood here were of equal balance; the notion was comprehensible at the least because perhaps a sense of direction is what the clandestine faction needed rather than a leader per se.

All attention fell onto man who had been christened as a member of the sacred triumvirate, the Sith Trinity, and that classification alone had now placed him in an inauspicious position. He cocked his head and his arms casually crossed. The black threadbare cloak that washed over him swept wide and undusted the bedrock floors. He stepped forward and the cloak split ways to expose a powerful chest covered in archaic armor.

”œUnder this condition.”

P3UXctm.gif

((I understand. Good luck at Kapooka))

Through the Force she could feel them approach, Sheeba getting restless. One thing they could do would be to let the black pegasus lift them up and fly away from this area, or they could reboard the ship. The danger there would be what they would do to the ship, not that they would get in. When told to go into her ship and get it powered up.

"One thing we could do is move closer to the Castle... these creatures wouldn't go too close there. I'll land us closer to it as stealthly as I possibly can."

Without another word, Ki led both Sheeba and her foal into the ship, settling them in the stables that had been set up for them previously. Then she headed straight to the cockpit and warmed up the ship for take off. She just needed Gren to reboard before she lifted off. She left the boarding ramp down and lifted the ship slightly off the ground, enough for him to still get onboard before she took off.

KiVastor.jpg

[meaning Alora]

Nurgle couldn't help laughing slightly.

"I thought you would have figured it out by now. Very well. Follow me."

As they walked through the ruins of Castle Grimoire, they could see one room ahead of them. It was not as damaged as the rest of the Castle, still possessing a roof and four walls. Nurgle entered, followed by the rest of the Rosecrucians. It was a cramped room, barely large enough for them to fit in. There were no lights within. They were caste in pitch black darkness.

"I assume you all know the history of this place. This was once the home of some of the Sith that helped take over the Old Republic. Later it was a fortress for the Dark Trooper. But darkness here is even older than that. It is ancient. The dark side emanates from its core. I merely concentrated it, but it existed before and after my dominion here. It's populous has been struck with countless plagues for millenia. The planet itself is evil."

Nurgle Force pushed the wall to their left. It swung backward, like a large door, revealing an untouched laboratory. In contrast to the pitch black darkness, this room was extremely bright. It was a sickly unnatural light though, that actually seemed more menacing.

"My last laboratory was looted. But I hid my most secret materials here. It is here that I discovered the nature of my soul. It was damaged by the events surrounding the Chaos Gods. It is incomplete. And this is what leaves me in this sickly form, despite the fact that the Plagues have left me. There was more to my vision than I first told you. When I die and return, it will be as a new man. A whole man, with a strong body to match my Force power. I intend to clone a new body from a select group of Sith and Jedi. Don't worry, none of you are on that list. At that point, I will take the mantle of the Rosecrucians again and Exodus will become Dark Lord of the Sith. I already have the approval of a powerful faction for that very purpose."

Nurgle dare not say who he had spoken with. But he looked briefly at Haphaestus to give them a clue.

"But for now, our purpose is to direct the course of the Sith as equals. That much was true. But equality, Lord Exodus, Lord Haphaestus, Lord Zeke and Darth Oni is not the true goal."

Out of the shadows stepped Nurgle's android. The creature had the exact appearance of its master. It is was an extremely primitive form of Haphaestus. It possessed no soul, and it was weak. But it served Nurgle's plans well.

"I do not intend to completely disappear. I have instructions, some programmed into the Nurglebot that I intend to administer in my absence. These are instructions that will achieve our true purpose. Not to become equals. But to dominate every major faction we can in the galaxy, along with anyone else we bring in. We will become gods of this galaxy, every one of us here. It will all be ruled by a council with each of you having a position of power within this new governmental order. Far greater positions than a mere lapdog to Raynuk Montar will be administered. And at the head of this council will be a Sith yet to be born. Or perhaps reborn is the better term. Darth Dominus. He will be partly created from this damaged soul, but he will not be the same. Nurgle will be dead, and Darth Dominus will be the most powerful Sith Master in a thousand years. The Rosecrucians will mean equality for all of us, and those that have already secretly pledged to serve the Rosecrucians. But it will not mean equality for the rest."

dartdominusgi2.jpg

-Darth Rivan

Haphaestus simply nodded at Nurgle's revelations. He had known as much. He couldn't claim to have known Nurgle's thoughts exactly, and Nurgle's return as a Darth Dominus was not something he had suspected, but the ultimate result of the Rosecrucians dominating the galaxy was certainly not something Haphaestus was surprised to hear Nurgle propose.

A thought crossed his mind then, when Nurgle mentioned Exodus becoming the Dark Lord. Had he accepted the proposal to lead the Rosecrucians that had been laid before him only moments ago, would he then have been the one to be elevated to the Dark Lord's position? His biological side cursed himself for not accepting--but his machine side, his stronger side, reminded him of the same reasons he turned down Nurgle's offer. No, he was not to become Dark Lord while he was also the Imperial Inquisitor.

Haphaestus said nothing for now. Chances of such a plot of galactic domination succeeding: .03%. Negligible. It appears that quests of galactic domination almost never succeed, though the last being to do so on a galactic scale was a certain Darth Sidious, a Sith Master of legendary power that, according to Nurgle, will hardly compare to that of the forthcoming Darth Dominus.

In this light, adjusting chance of success: 2%. Considerably more in favor of success, but negligible nonetheless.

Curious...against my mechanical instincts, I am still quite willing to aid this movement. I have very little to lose and the galaxy to gain.

"I shall work to see such goals realized," he said with another nod towards Nurgle.

HOWEsON.png

This ambition, this dream was not his. There was never once in his life that he had desire and the whored crave for the title known as the Dark Lord of the Sith. It just wasn't who he was or what he wanted to be. The brotherhood had become too dissimilar to his own ethics and the traditional appreciation of what sourced his own power and his life thereafter; each of them starved for more, each of them talked as if their expertise could silence all in their path and in spite of that, there was none who could sprout evidence to what their mouths had told. The order had become weak and indecent to the influence of fear that was once had and Exodus couldn't care less about their values.

”œIf it is a tool that you desire for your personal gain, your first choice was an accurate one.”

P3UXctm.gif

Zeke listened to Nurgle go on about his plan of what was basically Galactic Domination. A feat few had ever succeeded in and something destined to collapse around even those who do achieve it. It was a foolish goal that had been held by many in the path and apparently still held by many in the present. The struggle of the title of Dark Lord, leader of a major faction, or any other group was something that held little interest to him.

He knew what it was like to be in charge of a large group, to give out the orders and make decisions that could alter the course of the Galaxy. It certainly could stroke ones ego and make it balloon to enormous proportions, but that was the last thing he wished to be stroked at this point. Ego was the down fall of many that bore the title of Sith and just as many that bore the title of Jedi.

Zeke merely shook his head and looked to Haphaestus as he voiced his loyalty to Nurgle's plans. That hadn't surprised Zeke in the least, Warriors never did seem to be the brightest and as far as Zeke could tell that's just what the figure was. A smile spread across his perfectly formed gender neutral lips at Syn's comment. Had he been in the company of a more laid back group he might have mentioned something about getting some burn ointment for Haphaestus, but Sith never were known for being”¦laid back. For a group that was so self serving, you'd think they would at least know how to have some fun.

Zeke approached Nurgle, as if he was one of his best friends from child hood and placed an arm around his shoulders. His hood lifted to reveal his unnaturally green eyes and flawless features. The dark side had not warped his body in the least, or if it had he had found a way to counter-act it. Nurgle knew just how he did, but Exodus and Haphaestus weren't privy to such information.

”œNow, now”¦Nurgle, come on. Seriously. Isn't this bad guy 101? Well, secret society of bad guys 101”¦but still. Honestly, take over the major factions with one of our group leading each one? If I wanted to lead a faction, I assure you that I'd be leading one. Especially if that faction was the Sith”¦as I consider Kakuto to be the Only Warrior capable of leading that order and that is partly because he had a Krath whispering into his ear the entire time.”

Zeke1purp2.jpg

((This'll be my last post. See you))

Gren swore as the first of the creatures bounded into the clearing... It was big... No huge... At least nine feet tall... It was vaguely canine... Though standing on two legs and it held what looked like a extremely roughly made sword... Which canines generally don't... Black fur rippled with muscles...

Gren stared into blood red eyes... Shivering as-

Flash

Three of the creatures knocked him down... Shattered swords in his hands... He felt pain as one stabbed him with a giant sword... Distant pain... He was already dying... Hundred more crowded around... Aboard the ship... Killing its occupants... Why it didn't lift off he didn't understand.

Flash

"No!"

He said under his breath... Activating his comm he turned and pumped a well aimed blaster shot into the external hatch controls... It shut with a clang.

"Run! Save yourself! Tell the Admiralwhat is going on here! Tell him what you told me! He'll protect you and your young!"

Raising his rifle Gren pumped three blaster bolts into the creatures chest and neck... It collapsed with a howl of pain and anger. A chuckle welled up in his chest... If he was going to die it would be surrounded by dead foes with a smile on his face! As he watched hundred filed out of the trees... Watching him as the ship slowly lifted off...

"Come you beasts... Death is waiting for me and you don't want to keep him waiting!"

Pulling out his anti-matter knives Gren threw two of them... The resulting explosion knocked him to the ground and killed who knows how many of the creatures... The third knife he would save for himself... He wouldn't leave so much as an atom of himself for these creatures to gnaw...

Getting up he raised his rifle once more he opened fire as hundreds of the beast charged at him... Hopping into the twin craters that the explosions had created he threw away his empty rifle.. His pistols swiftly followed... As the best closed on him he drew his twin swords... His knife held for last...

((I'd have loved to do a far more detailed post... But I don't have the time.))

sigyh.jpg