Nar Shaddaa

BLCKCLONE

Kerian Valoria... the name didn't ring a bell. Of course, there was no way for Jhoren to list - let alone know - every Jedi of the Order. The man wanted to talk to him, or so he claimed. He knew little about the Council, but much about the Order itself.

I'll be there.

The Smuggler's Rest. A cantina, he presumed.

”œI'm going to the Smuggler's Rest,”

jhorenn222.png

Keiran smiles, a white flash of teeth from under his hood. "I am. You however, I do not know." The sentence hangs as he clearly waits for his new friend's name, then continues.

"Forgive my appearance here, but I've been slightly out of the loop." He raises one hand to gesture around the bar. "A hive of scum and villainy in its own right, to borrow the phrase, yet good for business that needs to be done on the down and low." He waives his hand over to the bartender, motioning for a drink to be brought over for Jhoren. "Sometimes, even Jedi need to get their hands dirty." His tone is serious, yet oddly soft. "Never forget that. Even our Grand Master knows that very well." There's an almost fond chuckle at a memory of that. "So, with that said, is it business, or pleasure that brings you here, oh, and how is Mrs. Darkfire doing. I haven't seen her in ages?"

Something seemed to be wrong. She watched it strike across his demeanor and a hundred different tiny emotions flicker through his face and eyes before seconds later he turned away and began to act as if absolutely nothing had occured.

Had he sensed danger? She'd heard rumors of Jedi sensing things through the ripples of the Force.

Had he heard something beyond her ears?

Was it something on her face? Instinctively she reached up to make sure there was nothing in her hair, running her tongue over her teeth just in case there was something stuck there. Nothing wrong with her...

So it must be something else.

Saerin watched him make some decisions and chose a cantina she hadn't heard of. It had to be a cantina. It was an adjective-noun sort of name and those always applied to cantinas.

"All right!" she agreed happily. She had a good tolerance for alcohol and today was a day for at least one drink.

<><><>

The establishment was dingy and rundown, with cracked windows and dust covering the ledges, the smell of tar, mechanics and crime outside leaking in through the doors only to be quickly pushed aside by an onslaught of dirt, and cheap ale. The nauseating alcoholic smell was primary, and she wrinkled her nose a bit. It smelt like a place with piss poor beer and probably not a good wine in sight.

It was also almost empty.

That was a very bad sign.

She left Jhoren to his contact and sat down at the bar, waving for some service...

((I'll be gone for a few days. See ya.))

saerin-light.jpg

Keiran laughs, though gently. "My dear boy, don't be naive. Your grand master has a spitfire temper and amazing sense of pragmatism when it comes to defending the Order and her family. Oh, she's sereen when she channels the lightside and knows her arts, but other times..." He shakes his head, the smile still on his face. "Jedi are human boy, and we are protectors, first and foremost. Do you think Admiral Starlisk, a Jedi Master and chief military leader of the Republic ever shyed away from authorizing a Black Ops manuver against the Empire or Sith when it was necessary? That does mean covert operations and moves that would be questionable for a Jedi. The only true requirement is we serve the Force and avoid giving into anger, and even then... many... ah... how shall we say... bend the rules." He shakes his head, grimmacing.

"Of course, you know better, I would hope, or I would have to have strong words with your master." He raises his glass to his lips for another sip. "I would ask who yours is- as said, I've been out of the loop, and ah... as for my mission... it's one of those treacherous acts you would not approve of. You'll have to respect if I cannot say more than that as it's a Jedi Master's business and one vital for the Republic. Your presence however, I do have to inquire about." There is a firming of tone in his voice, as one wielding authority and using it to pull rank. "When you say both, that implies a small business element. I shall need to know it as not to jeopardize my own mission."

”œWe're in the midst of a war, Master Valoria. I understand that. If Starlisk thought it wise to use Black Ops, he would recruit them himself. Unless you are working under direcrt orders of Armiena Darkfire or the Grand Admiral, then you have no reason not to tell me why you are here.”

jhorenn222.png

"Well, Jhoren," he replies crisply, "I guess by your own standards, I don't have to state what my business is." He continues on at the same level tone. "Use your senses on this- and look at me." Keiran lifts his head back up, and his eyes, two shining blue specks, become visible beneath his shaded hood. "I'm going to lower my mental guard enough- just enough so you can verify this as truth. All you need to know is what I am doing will benefit Onderin and the Grand Master, at least in the short term."

That last sentence is delivered cooly, but with pure truth and no lies or deception. Immediately after speaking the walls rise back up, and a sardonic smile appears on his face.

"Now, Onderin is currenly undertaking some important negotiations on Onderon and will be occupied with those. Don't ask me how I know. I can't tell you. I do however need to hear your business here, and if you would be so kind, your master's name. If nothing else I shall need to contact him or her about your manners in front of a superior."

Jhoren tensed, stating to regret having come here. He glanced towards the bar at Saerin, wishing that she hadn't chosen to follow him into the cantina. If things got out of hand, he doubted that he'd be able to hold his own and protect his potential apprentice all at once. He settled with his hands on his lap, and his right a bit higher up on his thigh. His saber suddenly felt heavy, as if an extra three pounds had been added onto it. He didn't like where this conversation was going. This time when he touched upon Valoria's mind, he felt the same neutrality as before.

”œI'm here for leisure,”

jhorenn222.png

Keiran gains a faint smile, watching the young knight's eyes. The smile grows wider, knowing.

"If you must know, I had to hire an operative to complete a top secret mission, and Nar Shaada was the best place to do that as it's away from both Imperial eyes and dissaproving ones in the Republic. I believe you on the refueling part."

"I know the Jedi Order, Jhoren, and I know its members. I do not however, know a Kel Meran, that name is interesting.... Do tell me about this woman, you called her a her, Kel Meran..."

He continues, his left hand, picking up his wine glass and holding it aloft, cocking his wrist in a funny manner before taking a sip.

"You know," he states simply, his eyes almost glowing with the intense blue now, "I think you're lying, and doing a piss poor job at that. Treachery and deception indeed, Jedi? I thought you said earlier we were supposed to be above that."

The mental blow comes sharply and without warning, with the force of a durasteel cudgel.

TELL ME ABOUT KEL MERAN!

The name escapes him, but he gains the image of a woman with silver hair. Immediately the blue eyes widen in recognition. There is a mixture of elation and anger... memories swirl about him, placing her from the night of one of his greatest triumphs... yet one that wracked him with incredible pain- both given to this woman and received from her.

"Your master is Kirana Sunrider," he repeats slowly, not caring how this action may have affected Jhoren, though his eyes, now even more intense, fix on him, a wary probe watching him. "How very, very interesting. How interesting indeed. I would have hoped she taught you better than this, boy." There is a thin lipped smile on his face. "Tell me, how was her tutilage? I know her from way back, so I am dying to hear what she is up to."

Jhoren drew in a sharp intake of air at the suddenness of the mental projection. It yelled - shrieked - at the young Jedi Knight, urging him to tell Valoria about Kel Meran. He drew his robes aside and leapt to his feet, toppling his chair over in the process. Doing this shattered what little silence had fallen over the room. He squeezed his eyes shut and fought Valoria's probe away, blinded by the streak of blazing intensity that followed the ”˜Jedi Master's' mental thwack.

He swallowed back his anger. Losing his self-control now would only result in his immediate downfall.

Serentiy and passion, he reminded himself. Mustn't lose that now.

jhorenn222.png

Keiran's smile remains thin but turns mild. "Consider it a professional interest. Kirana is an old acquantance." He waves his right hand in the air in a placing gesture, still holding his wine glass in his left. "Forgive my harshness, but I believed it necessary, and I believe you are who you say you are; at least now since I know your master. One can never be too careful. Sometimes, even other Jedi cannot be trusted. The Order tends to not live up to what you believe it to bel.... and sometimes, even padawans, knights, and masters can get sacrificed like pawns... Kirana," he states slowly, eyes searching Jhoren's face, "is different at least. I do hope you can understand my caution?"

A bemused smile crosses his face. "Jedi have been known to turn on each other for the greater good. Even among the good guys... there can be.... disagreement. Jedi Masters still make mistakes, even in the name of good, Jhoren. I know a Jedi Master wanted for murder, killing a Jedi who denounced the Order before the Senate. I know of Onderin's bloodied hands, killing countless citizens when taking Kaut. Jedi are human- mortal and flawed, Jhoren, and the human being in them is animal at his or her heart."

The bemused smile grows. "As for those sacrifices I mentioned, I speak from experience. I was one of those left for dead for the greater good. Jedi and Sith are two sides of the same coin. I still pledge my allegance to the Jedi Order, though I do not blindly follow it. Can you say that?"

”œJedi Masters may make mistakes, but the Sith are the ones who wreak mindless havoc on the galaxy's innocents. We are the ones trying to put an end to it. Even if we may not succeed, I would still wish to remain a ”˜flawed' Jedi, rather than become a ruthless monster.

I do not follow the Order blindly,”

jhorenn222.png

"If you think the Sith are merely wrecking mindless havoc, you are a fool, boy." Keiran's eyes narrow, carefully studying Jhoren. "Oh, there are blood thirsty beasts among their number, make no mistake about that, but, there is purpose behind it too. Whether it is loftier goals, the pursuit of power, or a need to feed one's impulses, there is always a reason, a drive, a purpose. The beast is always, always part of man's nature, Jhoren, don't forget that, but it can use and corrupt reason to sate its needs."

The blue eyes sparkle now. "You are young, so I will excuse your ignorance. If the Force is this great, all powerful Force of good, then why does it even have a Dark and a Light side? Why do histories grea conflicts seem to play out again and again? The Rakatan's infinite Empire? The Empire of Xendor? The Sith Empires of Ragnos, Exar-Kun, Palpatine, and beyond? Jedi are taught to believe we are servants of the Force's will, yet the Force itself aids conflict after conflict, destroying this galaxy- always pitting champions, light and dark, against each other. To that end, Jedi do turn into ruthless monsters. Oh, don't get me wrong, their methods are nicer, slower, and more restrained, but again, that coin still spins on edge before landing, and heads, tails, it matters not."

Keiran shakes his head, a benign smile on his face, but his voice turns cold and pitless. He jiggles his wine cup in his left hand, as if musing the desire to take a sip, and for Jhoren's ease, keeps his right hand flat on the table, though one eyebrow, hidden under his hood, rises, feeling the spike of Force energy from the boy. Interesting... "I am a Master, and I follow the Council when I believe it necessary. I have also made peace with the fact that conflict, sorrow, loss, terror, and death will follow from the power I have gained. It is a sad, but natural progression, and one that you will see as you step out in the Galaxy. Now, I suggest you put your hand down and get it away from your lightsaber before you get hurt, boy."

”œThere is no excuse for the countless number of slain innocents, Valoria. Planet by planet, the Sith seek control. They wish to dominate and destroy, and from that broken foundation construct a larger, more expansive empire.

”œIf you believe that those Kath Hounds aren't to blame, then you truly are lost.”

jhorenn222.png

"Keiran" calmly takes a final sip of his wine. "There are no innocents in this galaxy, boy. If you need proof of that look around you at this cesspit. To your sorrow, Jhoren, I am a master."

The real Keiran Valoria died ages ago, killed by by a bounty hunter, when the hunter dropped a hospital children's ward on him, along with most of the rest of the hospital. Since then, Keiran's found the identity useful, either possesing clones for infiltration or merely assumng the Jedi robes and identity over his armor.

Left hand still holding his wine glass, right still on the table, "Keiran" remains calm, smiling pleasantly at Jhoren and his lightsaber.

In that first second the table flies off the ground from a solid kick, smashing into the Jedi, the half-filled wine glass following suit and dousing him, igniting off the tip of the activated blade. "Keiran" is on his feet in that same second, pulling off the hood and robes with a sickening tear, fulling revealing his features to all- cold blue eyes, a hard face, and burnished white armor underneath.

At that point, those who had not already fled, do so, running in a screaming panic. One person passes out, at least one vomits, and three more soil themselves. A handful of others cower in fear. One name echoes among all parties as they flee, screaming in terror: Vladimir Faust.

Saerin is swept out by the crowd and carried into the streets, leaving only Faust, Jhoren, and a handful of patrons and staff too scared or ignorant to act.

In the next second there is a snap-hiss as a blue lightsaber the same color as Faust's chilly eyes springs to life, and the metallic grate of an oddly colored Sith sword drawn from its sheeth.

In that third second, the distance is closed, and the Hunter unleashes a series of deadly, dazzling strikes at the burning Jedi Knight, set to rend him into three seperate pieces.

In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed - but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

Vladimir Faust. The name echoed within his mind like a bad dream. All of those people this monster had slain... and for what? Just so he could get ahead in the galaxy?

Scum.

He nulled what he could of the pain. The table knocked him a full thirteen feet backwards. No sooner had he landed when his saber - and his robe - went up in flames. He forced himself not to panic, using what little time he had to disignite - and reignite - his weapon. Doing so snuffed out the flames. To his relief, those on his robe went out by themselves; the wine, while it contained a fair amount of alcohol, wasn't as flammable as he'd originally thought it'd be.

It wasn't the Sith's head-strong attack that concerned him, though. The second he got to his feet, Faust's lightsaber came careening his way. Stooping low to avoid it, he spun in a complete three hundred sixty degree turn. His sword snagged and tore away the hem of his robe. Thank the Force it had passed over his skin.

He caught expressions of awe and fear in the faces of those who were watching the fight. Nobody stepped forward to help; they were all too frightened to even run away from it. Jhoren couldn't blame them; Faust was an incredibly powerful and fearsome being.

He pivoted on his foot again to avoid another one of his swings. Once he completed his arc, Jhoren harnessed the opportunity. His hands shot out in front of him, and he unleashed a strong, invisible wave. The attack threw Faust well enough away from him, but he didn't dare press on the offensive. Instead he hung back, opening himself up more fully to the Force. The heat of the battle had taken a toll on his anxiety, so he used this moment to rid himself of his nerves.

Focus, he thought. Have to focus.

Oddly enough, his words of self-encouragment seemed to work. He felt calmer. More at ease, in spite of the situation. If anything, he would need to assess better control over himself and his actions if he wanted to survive.

He gritted his teeth. Faust would, no doubt, have little trouble recovering from his Force attack. When he did, though, Jhoren would be ready for him.

He hoped.

jhorenn222.png

Faust snarled as he attempted to complete his series, eyes glinting as Jhoren evaded. As he recovered to launch a strike, the Hunter found himself thrown back as a hard wave of force caught him in the chest, sending him off balance and skidding on his heels. He raised his Sith Sword to keep his defense up, holding his left arm with the saber back to keep balance. Landing firmly on his feet almost three meters away, he swayed to steady himself, angered at the attack.

"I sense fear in you, boy. Kirana should have trained you better!" he stated, sensing Jhoren gather his wits and nerves, using this moment to recover his balance fully. "Your vaunted training has done precious little to prepare you for this!"

With that, Faust's lightsaber flies, spinning out of his left hand, seemingly towards Jhoren, only darting away at the last second- cutting across the bar and behind it, shattering and igniting stacked bottles of cheap, high content alcohol and cleanly taking off the head of a stunned barkeep and all too slow serving droid unfortunate enough to be in the way. As the saber spins onward, embedding itself into a metal wall; Faust's right hand points the tip of his sword at the fledgling inferno behind the bar counter, sending a shower of fire and shattered, broken glass swirling around the Jedi with a mighty pull of telekenesis.

"Burn, whelp!"

Clenching his fist, he pulls his still active saber out of the wall, intending to skewer the beleaguered knight from behind.

In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed - but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

Jhoren's lightsaber was already up and at the ready. At any moment now, their blades would strike and the Sith would be without his -

To his surprise, it missed his raised saber by mere inches. It changed course in midair, spinning at an alarming rate all the while. The saber decapitated both the bartender and his service droid. The former's life presence winked out the moment the blade severed his spinal cord. Blood was spilt, accompanied by spurts and sparks and electric current. The droid's arms flailed around for a moment or two, but it too stopped moving and joined its employer on the floor.

A storm of flames and broken glass surrounded him. He spun on his heel and knocked Faust's saber away, knocking it off course. The stench of burnt hair and cloth invaded his nostrils. Before the hazardous vortex could swallow him whole, Jhoren called upon the Force to leap out of the fiery, unnatural enclosure, and landed on the roof of the cantina.

He had little time to retaliate. Holding out his hands again, the Knight sent another wave in the direction of his enemy. He wasn't aiming for Faust this time, but instead, the wall of debris that he had conjured. If he met his target, the wall would shift drastically and the Sith would be torn to pieces...

jhorenn222.png

A slender robed figure slipped unseen into the chaos of the bar, her presence hidden for the moment. Beneath the robes was a fully armoured and armed figure, looking more like a bounty hunter than what she actually was.

The master had been keeping tabs on her former padawan, only closing the distance between them when she'd heard - and received - his mental call and the visions, having used the chaotic nature of Nar Shaddaa to camouflage her own force presence, making sure she was hidden within the folds of life that stirred within the population. She remained out of the way, observing how Jhoren handled the situation though now it was time to act. While still not revealed to either of them, she began to help some of the stunned patrons to escape the bar before harm came to them. She couldn't help all of them though as the barman was killed by Faust's thrown saber.

The flames were becoming out of control, the fire sprinklers not having come on for some reason when the first lot of flames sprang to life. It was either because of the dingy nature of the cantina or they had been sabotaged. In either event, something needed to be done about it, before this battle escalated further.

Choosing to reveal herself as Jhoren leapt out of the establishment, Kirana used a flick of the Force to activate the sprinklers, dousing the flames and those left inside. She stood in the open doorway now, the hilt of her silver saber in one hand, projectile pistol in the other as her vivid blue eyes locked onto Faust from behind the visor of her helmet. She could feel Jhoren's next attack, the Jedi knowing that Faust could turn anything to his advantage. She now had all her senses alert, brushing Jhoren with a tendril of the Force to reassure him before she spoke.

"Kirana trained him quite well I believe." Knowing that Faust recognised her she added, "So we meet again... Malice..." She used the name she'd dubbed him years ago when they first met in the aftermath of his attack on the shields of Coruscant. That was back when she was but a Knight training her first padawan, Locke. She knew full well what this madman was capable of. The armour she wore now had been modified after that first meeting to correct some of the mistakes that had happened back then. Cortosis weaved gauntlets protected her wrists from being sliced, a faint scar a permanent reminder of that event.

Kira gathered the force, letting the light energies swirl around her, sending an attack of her own in Faust's direction. Her attack was not physical though, it was directed towards his mind, aiming to stun him, to make him feel remorse for those he'd killed, along with an order Surrender!

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Force can do terrible things to a mind it can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity. - Carth Onasi

Faust takes a defensive step back, raising his Sith sword into prime to defend his face from the onslaught pushing back with a Force shield, pushing back with telekenesis at the wall of debris he set in motion. His left hand extends, quickly summoning back his lightsaber.

The telekenetic push fight ends with the onrush of sprinklers, extinguishing the flames. The glass and debris fall to the floor, and Faust's attention turns to the newcomer at the door way. A surprise, and one that once more brought elation and anger in equal measure.

"Ahhh... Kirana Sunrider," a slow smile spreads on his face, his eyes so cold now the burn. "I was hoping to see you, after I mailed your padawan back to you, piece by piece. I can carve up the both of you together." The grin takes hold, laughter echoing from his mouth. "It's been a long time.... when was it last? Ah yes, Coruscant! Eight hundred billion served! Care to witness a repeat?"

Faust's eyes narrow as the attack strikes, hitting him, causing his head to spring back. The call for surrender echoes in his head, calling as well for remorse. One face comes to mind, almost allowing headway for Kirana's attack, but it passes, and the Hunter's heart hardens, batting the attack aside with some effort. Pride and arrogance return full force, those slain a mark of his power in his mind.

"A valiant effort, Jedi," he spits, wiping the onpour out of his face. "Do you think I'd even begin to feel remorse after all I've done?" The grin widens. "Catch!" Faust hurls back his own mental attack, giving Kirana just a sample of what he's done.

Images, sounds, and smells suddenly pop back- Coruscant's rubble strewn surface comes to mind, followed by countless other tragedies- families ripped apart, people of all kinds and races, begging, pleading, fighting, or calmly accepting death. Death that is slow and agonizing, death that is fast, but messy. Then other atrocities and violations of the worst kind swarm back.... the smell of gore, and fear leech into the air, stinking with nausiating detail... all just a taste of what Faust had to offer.

Despair, and admit your powerlessness!

From the roof of the cantina, a half-dozen small orbs drift down, espying Jhoren from afar. They watch beningly at first- only reporting his movement on the cantina roof.

A black shadow passes overhead quickly, and with a horrible, roar, the sound of a massive chain gun can be heard firing, cutting a line across the roof, leading Jhoren on as the remotes spring to life, each firing a laser blast ahead.

Even before the garbed figure spoke, Jhoren knew that Kirana had arrived. She brushed his presence reassuringly, the way a mother would greet her son. In return, he opened himself more fully to the Force and mentally embraced her. Her being here was a mighty reassurance for him. He'd been able to hold his own against Faust thus far, but having his master on his side, the tables were bound to be turned.

Be careful, Kirana.

"I was hoping to see you, after I mailed your padawan back to you, piece by piece. I can carve up the both of you together.”

jhorenn222.png

Be careful, Kirana.

She heard Jhoren's thoughts, returning them in kind, You too...

"Ahhh... Kirana Sunrider," a slow smile spreads on his face, his eyes so cold now the burn. "I was hoping to see you, after I mailed your padawan back to you, piece by piece. I can carve up the both of you together." The grin takes hold, laughter echoing from his mouth. "It's been a long time.... when was it last? Ah yes, Coruscant! Eight hundred billion served! Care to witness a repeat?"

”œTouch her, and I will kill you!”

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Force can do terrible things to a mind it can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity. - Carth Onasi

((Oh, this is glorious. Just glorious. I'm not kidding. I'm proud to witness this sequence of roleplaying. It's beautiful and makes me just tickled that I bothered to return. I'm back now, though.))

Just a little bit drunk, Saerin found herself thrown off by the way events suddenly shifted around her. One moment, a shitty bar. Next moment, mob!

I kriffing HATE mobs, she thought a bit drowsily, finding herself a few buildings down amidst screaming and flailing people--all screaming one name above all the rest of the clutter. Faust. Wasn't that some character who'd sold his soul for sheer power, or maybe she was mistaking it for something, but anyway, she figured that her Jedi Knight wasn't one to go off meeting with imposing and powerful figures of darkness.

Coruscant echoed through the mob.

She didn't know much about Coruscant or what had happened on Coruscant. Breaking off from the clutter she sank onto a gritty bench covered in phallic graffiti and a few words of the most vile sort, and pieced it together herself: Sith. Jhoren had been upset even at the spaceport and seemingly distracted, acting as if she'd said things she hadn't. If there were Jedi, there had to be another side to the credit: Sith. The dark side of the galaxy.

The side she'd sworn to destroy.

There would be justice today! But not, she was forced to admit to herself, by her hand. For here lay a weakness: no knowledge of the other strains of the galaxy, that colored the world with black and white supernatural whispers.

You know if you knew how to use the Force you might actually be able to help out here... that sixth sense might come in handy when you're thinking about having a few ales...

...You can fight blasters and swordsmen but not magic...

Shaking off the slight haze from three ales downed in succession, she got back up and began to do her best to herd the crowd as far away from the bar as she could. Mass hysterics. It would work against them and it would work for them. She fought back through the crowd as the shadow of a ship passed overhead and the terrible cantina burst into flames.

YOU CAN'T HELP HIM! something in her mind screamed, and she set onto the stragglers, pulling the wounded away from the entrance... already there were two burn victims singed and coughing, one passed out from the smoke. She found it astounding how a cantina entirely empty minutes ago somehow could come up with a mob large enough to drag her away from the barstool and her--Realmsdamnit! My ale! She muttered a few curses, and knelt, dragging the unconscious Rodian away from the door and away from the battleground. She knew nothing about alien medication and left him lying on the far side of the R-rated bench, as the sound of chainguns and explosions shredded the air.

There are still people in there! she thought angrily, her sense of logic slightly addled by the ale. She was pissed and a little bit pished, and it was taking her longer than normal to formulate a plan of action. She distracted herself trying to revive the Rodian.

The sound of fire from behind her only served to infuriate her more.

People are dying in there!

saerin-light.jpg

Faust withstood Kirana's mental attack, merely smiling at the pretty image he showed her. Her efforts to burn away his darkness, long there before he even pursued the Darkside of the Force, sunk like a single lantern into a tar pit, sparking, but ultimately swallowed in an unfathomable black mass. A few witty retorts about how justice was an illusion and only strength was the true measure bubbled to mind, as well as the simple fact that as long as people kept rebuilding, the cycle would be continue, and that men like him would always ignite the tinder-box of the galaxy until at last it burned to nothing.

Instead, he gathers his anger, avoiding the battle of retorts and snark for the simple reason that in a duel of mental energy and will, Kirana's knowledge surpassed his own. Oh, he knew how to rape someone's mind and rebuild them, and was excellent at Dun Möch, if not the current best in the galaxy, but against this, it would be a losing battle in the long run when there were still the knight and his padawan whelp to deal with.

Action, direct and simple was needed. A faint buzzing echoes in the back of his head, like static. Anger spikes, realizing he was partially cut off from this ship. No matter... His eyes close for a brief, quarter-second, delving into the future, trying to sense his ship's bio-components through the Force... and he smiles.

"You fail to realize one thing, Jedi," he grates, "For as much as you rebuild, as much as you attempt to fight, there are always far, far worse consequences, and more at stake from your actions than you realize!"

The Bhelliom, aware of the massive jamming in the area, halted, trying to fight through the static and jamming to locate its source. Though deminished, visual sensors pick up the sight of an ion rocket. It immediately goes into evasive action, and fires back one of its own rockets- a diamong boron missile. The rockets shoot past each other in the air, the ion rocket clipping the Bhelliom in one of its wings, sending it spiralling away like a wounded beast to retreat as it assessed the damage.

The diamond boron missile however, strikes home, veering away from the cantina enough to protect its master, then creating what amounted to a beyond massive ball of fire and destruction, leveling entire blocks of the city of Nar Shaada- destroying the droid that fired the rocket, its jammer, thousands of lives, and left a budding wall of fire and destruction that now raced towards Saerin and Jhoren in the streets...

Anticipating the strike from his ship, Faust kept talking, his hatred rising up, charging in his right hand full of energy.

"The difference, is you care about those consquences. I merely use them to my advantage and-" Faust stops in midsentence, then leaps into action, literally, chaging towards Kirana across the soaked floor of the bar his face gleaming from the downpour the sprinklers caused.

About three meters from the Jedi witch, he strikes downwards with his Sith sword, using it like a pole vault to spring himself into the air, and unleash a massive, overpowering torrent of Sith lightning through the soaked floor of the bar.

From his vantage point in the air, Faust watches the ground light up, shocking the few remaining droids who explode from the energy discharge- and as the building- walls, ceilings, and floor, all shake violently from the shockwave of his missile launch- enough perhaps, to throw a Jedi master off balance and into the energy charged water for what would be a painful surprise. Landing on a table, he immediately springs forward again, bringing both blades down to finish off the Jedi witch, determined to press his attack.

Jhoren couldn't disregard Kira's warning. She was right. If he lost his temper now and gave in to his anger, the chances of him doing something foolish and ill-thought was more expedient. Taking what little time he had to soothe his constitution, he indulged himself in the Force, keeping every sense open and alert. Knowing Faust and the crimes he'd committed in the past, Jhoren had no intentions of letting his guard down until that boor was either dead or gone from the planet. Lord knew what he was capable of. If the rumors were true and he was indeed the Dark Lord of the Sith at one time... he didn't want to think about it. There were only two things on his mind at that moment: getting Saerin to safety, and contributing to the affray against Faust.

Through his peripheral vision, the Knight caught sight of something small and apace careening dangerously close to the ground. From its plane of trajectory, it seemed to be coming from the direction of Faust's retreating ship. The projectile was a missile, no doubt fired from the craft in order to even the odds of the fight. His intentions were simple; he meant to kill Jhoren and Saerin. Every fiber of his being screamed at him to find cover, so he did without so much as a second look at the missile.

Never ignore the Force or its cautioning, he reminded himself. He'd discovered long ago that self-reassurance went a long way.

The explosion from Faust's missile seemed to rock the entire moon. The ground rumbled under his feet and his ears popped. A wall of fire and debris spread across a radius of several blocks, slowed only by the other structures and air vehicles in its way. The blast, covering a full five hundred meters was far enough away to give Jhoren enough time to grab Saerin by the hand and pull her behind the cantina with him. Before she could utter a single word of protest, he pulled her into the alley with him. Then, he cast a weak shield above the overhead gap between the cantina and the adjacent structure to deflect the hail of splintered glass and metal. From where they were, the wall of flames wouldn't reach them. It couldn't. He was confident that Faust's intentions weren't to kill himself in the blast; however, if they were, then all four of them were dead anyway.

Sure enough, by the time the flames reached their street, they were weakened to the point where they couldn't cause any more harmful damage. Sooner rather than later, they would die out all together.

Jhoren brought himself to his feet and coughed. Blinking through the cloud of dust and ash, he picked his saber off the ground and reignited the blade.

”œGet to my ship,”

jhorenn222.png

(ooc: well he never got back to me so I hope this is okay... I'm not waiting any longer...)

The droid didn't have enough time to get out of the way, calculating the type and that the missile would hit it in seconds. In those brief seconds it sent out bursts of data ”“ one to it's master, a warning of it's demise along with the information sent in the second message to local authorities that an explosion was imminent at that location by a diamond boron missile fired by Faust's ship. That was all the droid had time to do before it exploded from the missile's impact, along with the jamming device it had used.

While hoping that he wouldn't, the Jedi had been well aware that Faust would attempt to take out the droid and jamming device, therefore the other jammer ”“ that was still in operation ”“ was in a location far from where the droid had been”¦

- - - -

”œThat may be so but there will always be the will to live, the will to overcome all odds Faust.”

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Bhelliom retreated quietly into a back alley. Its cockpit opened up and several small silvery tentacles emerged, snaking through the air to examine the damage done to the wing hit by the ion rocket. The ship remains relatively undisturbed, picking up a jamming device in the distance. It hardwires a dozen more remotes, which then deploy to try and hunt down the source of the disturbance- and if possible, Jhoren and his apprentice Saerin. Regretably, a handful of curious natives approach the downed ship- one is dismembered by the silvery appendages and fried to a crisp by electroshocks, and three are retired with three quick bursts of chaingun fire.

With that, the ship resumes checking over damage in lieu of its absent master.

Faust, already in action and ready to leap as she drew her slug thrower, discharged his Force lightning blast, springing up and aside to avoid the first two shots, feeling their air ripples as they whistled by. Too close for comfort, but as he landed on the table to spring closer, he formulated a quick plan of action.

As he made his jump to rend her to pieces, he anticipated that Kirana would try to shoot him point blank as he sailed through the air towards her table. It was what he would have done- using a potent ranged weapon against an opponent wielding a melee weapon.

Smiling, he pointed his Sith sword at her gun in mid-flight, and using it as a focus, put out a split-second kenetic Force shield to stop the bullets- right at the very end of the barrel of the slug thrower where the projectiles should have exited. The kenetic force feedback was easily enough to drive Faust back in mid-air, but also enough to back up the slug-thrower and its armor piercing rounds with pure force, resulting in a nasty backlash and explosion as the barrel burst apart, rendering the gun useless. All in two split seconds since leaping off the tabletop.

Thrown in mid-air by the kenetic backlash for an extra second, Faust hangs, then lands, kneeling at the table, just before Kirana, painfully aware of her ignited dual lightsabers. The energy of the Force lightning mostly grounded out, he lands with a splash, feeling residual tingles from the energy meet his armor. From kneeling his raises his Sith sword defensively and points his lightsaber up at Kirana. Grinning venomously in that same second, he activates the sonic blaster in his lightsaber with a flick of his bare, mechanical thumb, catching Kirana point blank in its destructive field.

Jhoren stepped into the bar, and was immediately met with a downpour of cold water. The fire sprinklers were still running, changing the grungy cantina into a dingy urbanized jungle. The remnants of the service droids were strewn across the floor, and a quarter of the bartender lay slumped over the counter. He peeled his eyes away from the disastrous sight, and instead, focused on Faust, whom he now stood no less than several meters from. He watched as he raised his lightsaber, pointing the blade at Kirana. Armored or not, there was no telling what Faust was going to do to if he didn't intervene.

Unaware of his saber's dual capabilities, Jhoren stepped forward. Sonic blaster or not, she was at point blank range of Faust's blade. He threw out his hand and used the Force to push Kirana into the wall. A rather hasty move, but one that couldn't be helped. There would be time for apologizing to her later.

Going out on a limb, he averted his power onto Faust and harnessed a telekinetic hold on him. With his focus narrowed on the Sith, Jhoren flung him across the room - or what was left of it. Slamming him into the wall at full force, Jhoren released him and switched his gaze onto one of the ceiling support beams. With a harsh telekinetic pull, he ripped it from the floor. He had no intentions of actually throwing it at Faust; instead, he chose to leave that to the ceiling of the Smuggler's Rest.

Already quite perforated and charred from the abuse it had suffered earlier, the ceiling collapsed, burying the Sith Lord under a number of support beams and, of course, the ceiling itself. The walls wobbled and weaved, threatening to add to the ugly pile. Instead, to his surprise, they didn't fall. They were broken beyond repair now, yet they still remained intact.

He stayed on high alert. He'd seen a ceiling give way and fall on top of Vladimir Faust. Surely, not even the former Dark Lord of the Sith could survive that.

Little did he know just how wrong he was.

He approached Kirana, thumbing the ignition switch of his lightsaber. The blade disappeared with a snap-hiss, sinking back into the hilt.

”œI'm sorry,”

Edited by Guest
jhorenn222.png