Dubrillion

Tarrian Skywalker

When his contact arrived, ShadowFett left Kabal Daisaku and went to a communications room. There he sent a comm up to the orbiting X-wing fighter. "Welcome to Dubrillion. This is ShadowFett. Land at these coordinates," the bounty hunter said in response, sending the coordinates.

He then exited the building and stood at the edge of the landing pad this seeming recruit had been directed to. He was curious, but not overly so. This wouldn't be the first time he would train a new recruit--he had done so with many current members of the Black Sun.

But this one claimed to know Fett. The Mandalorian knew a lot of people, but most of them were simply information contacts and beings posting bounties, or even beings that once had bounties on their head. This one would possibly be different.

So Fett waited, appearing completely emotionless yet dutiful, in his hands an assault rifle for means he would not elaborate upon, even in his own mind.

ShadowFett looked up at the X-wing as it landed before him on the landing pad. He remained still, emotionless and dark. There was no reason to give a different impression than one of how he would act during the duration of the arrival's stay.

He was a Mandalorian, and one of the very few in the galaxy. He was elite, among the most powerful warriors ever to traverse the emptyness of the universe. Fett had fought and slain Jedi, mercenaries, and just about any other form of being one could think of.

Fett was an army of one, a bounty hunter, a warrior, an operative of the Black Sun, an aquaintance to few and a friend to none. He was simple and yet complex, killing without regret and yet run by the most firm-rooted set of morals that one could imagine. There were things he would and would not do, but anything was possible.

Nothing had ever overcome ShadowFett save one thing--the very immorality that he hated. Even that had not stopped him, but only set him forward on his quest to achieve perfection, the one place that no living being had ever arrived at, and the place that no living being would ever go.

None save a certain line of generals, leaders of immesurable glory. Fett would achieve the perfection of the title of Mandalore. Even Mandalore was dead, however, cast down by nothing but time and ages, the weariness of the galaxy erasing the name from the hearts of the beings of the galaxy.

ShadowFett swore that it would never be erased in his mind as it had been in the minds of so many others.

*As Kyp walked slowly, almost deliberately toward the Mandalorian warrior which stood barely visible in the shadows near the edge of the landing pad, he sensed very little but annoyance from the legendary Fett. Another step or two, and Kyp purposefully pulled the heavy hood of his black and purple cloak from his head, exposing the scar which ran from his left temple to just above his left ear. Another deliberate step, and Kyp stopped abruptly, and bowed in respect of the mercenary.*

"Greetings, Fett... I once was the Jedi Master, Kyp Durron."

*Kyp pointed to the scar on his head with the tip of his left index finger*

"You gave me this, a long time ago... back when I walked the Jedi path. If my memory serves, we both walked away from that encounter with at least respect for eachother. Now that I have returned from the Unknown Regions, I don't exactly fit in with the Jedi path... But I don't exactly fit in with the Sith either, with their arrogant and ultimately unfruitful dreams of ruling the Galaxy unchallenged. No... I fit somewhere in between. My desire is to join the Black Sun as a mercenary. An odd thing, you might think, for a former Jedi to pursue. But..." *Kyp stroked his goatee for a moment in thought* "being a guardian of peace and justice hardly puts food on the table. My services can be useful, seeing how I have Force abilities and no love for the Jedi or Sith. I respect you, Fett... And I ask for your help in getting into the Black Sun. It seems like the most profitable thing for me to pursue."

A variety of dulled emotions passed through ShadowFett's head as the Jedi spoke. These included but were not restricted to curiosity, annoyance, and mild respect. He wondered briefly why it was so important that this man find Fett and not join the Black Sun as normal, skipping the meaningless past.

The Mandalorian spoke, though briefly. "If you want to join, talk to Kabal Daisaku, our current leader." He pointed, "He can be found in his office--that way."

Making it clear that he wasn't at all interested in dealing personally with this man and his tales of the past, Fett headed towards the training arena. He assumed that this would be the place Durron would be sent after being recognized as a member of the faction, if standard procedure was followed.

Then again, Kabal hadn't shown much respect for the way things used to be, and Fett accepted that. If the recruit was not sent, then the warrior would train alone.

Kabal had been pounded by the variety of stresses that seem to dull the mind to the passage of time. Even the skimpy outfits of his lover, Ki, didn't awake the tired man.

I'm ending up more like my father as the days pass on...

A comm alerted the young chap to the arrival of an X-wing on the premises and the possibility of a former Jedi aboard... he crossed his arms across his chest and dismissed a servant droid, asking that it leave a bottle of Correllian whiskey chilled on the table and a trio of shot glasses...

He then began to tap the table with his fingers, tapping to the tune of impatience...

"What's the matter Love?"

Ki wanted some action, any kind of action be it on base or elsewhere.

"Any chance of those lessons? A body has to keep in shape now days..."

She knew there was something up with Kabe, her lover hadn't been himself of late and she wondered if he was getting bored with her... that had happened alot in the past, no matter how much effort she put into the more intimate activities. Was it any wonder she had only had clients in the past and hadn't had a proper relationship until Kabe came along, but now... it seemed like it was happening again. She decided to be blunt with him.

"Are you bored with me? Want me to leave?

KiVastor.jpg

Kheldar pops back into the bar, giving Ki a startled look.

"Wait a second.... Weren't you just here and- Oh, wait, nevermind. For some reason I'm getting deja vu..."

[meaning Alora]

His eyes pricked up, "Wuh? No... I just..."

Then he slammed his fist down, "Goddammit woman! Must you be a woman at a time like this? The world doesn't revolve around you!"

He then coughed up his sex life and began apologising, "I didn't mean it like that, what I mean is... I've just been stressed and consumed in my thoughts. I could never be bored with you. You want practice? Let's go."

"Men" Ki rolled her eyes at Kabe's back before following him to the training room, at least . She took up a blade from the wall and turned towards Kabe...

"Ok, teach me Kabe... I'll try and keep you from being bored..."

She smirked at him, trying to get him out of his stupor.

KiVastor.jpg

Kheldar pops back into the bar, giving Ki a startled look.

"Wait a second.... Weren't you just here and- Oh, wait, nevermind. For some reason I'm getting deja vu..."

[meaning Alora]

Will has just realized that the droid he has been following switched commands so instead of taking Will to Kabal's quarters due to some issues up there he is taking will on a tour around the complex, Will seeing no extreme problem to this resumed his gadget working and continues to follow the droid as if nothing had happened.

Feel free to contact me by Discord/PM/Email or, on Facebook

Avoin slowly made his way through the Black Sun complex. There wasn't much to do after commanding several squadrons of fighters in a battle over the capital of the galaxy. Every other activity sort of failed in comparison.

So the young Zabrak bounty hunter meandered his way through the facility, looking for something to do. That is, untill he found it...

Avion just happened to be passing by the main training facility when he noticed a lone figure, continuing to push himself to limits that has body had never known.

Three guesses who that could be, Avion thought while rolling his eyes. Although he couldn't help but feel a little gratitude the guy, he did save Avion's live back on Coruscant. It would take a lot more than saving his live to earn Avion Chassis' respect.

"So, If it isn't Shadow Fett," Avion said, deciding to reveal his presence to the Mandalorian. "The bounty hunter extrordinare. Would such an estimeed member of the Black Sun care to train with the likes of its underlings?"

It was Avion's place within the organization to follow Fett's orders. And he had no problem doing so. But he would follow the orders of a man he didn't even like if he had to, let alone respect. He would see if Fett was really worth his respect.

Edited by Guest

Avion.jpg

"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them makes life meaningful."

-Joshua J Marine

ShadowFett dropped the practice he was doing with his vibroblade and turned to face the Iridonian Zabrak entering the room. The being's voice was not without sarcasm, though his words themselves taken at base value were those of respect.

"Chassis, I would rather enjoy giving you a rematch. I think we've both improved since last time," Fett said emotionlessly and measuredly as usual. He had never been one for making his words interesting and had never felt much more than anger, loyalty, and feirceness concerning emotions.

Without saying another word, the Mandalorian turned to Avion with his blade held before his masked face. His black armor glinted in the lighting from the overhead sources. He was about six feet tall, with a broad stance and shoulders that offered more of a solid perception than tall.

"You first," he offered, twisting his arm enough that his wrist laser could get a shot off from his defensive stance if he required it to.

OOC: This time let's take our time. You complain about me making Fett too powerful, so I'll take it down a little and just try to RP well. No damage on either side, and let's each get at least three battle posts in before I end it.

OOC: Sounds good to me. But who says you get to end it? You must be awfully sure of yourself

IC: "ah, not so fast my friend. I want to see the true warrior unleashed. I want to fight you without your precious armor."

Avion kept a smile plastered to his face, he let a hint of arrogence emerge from his features.

"What makes the fighter, the Madalorian? Or his armor?

Avion.jpg

"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them makes life meaningful."

-Joshua J Marine

ShadowFett frowned. "A Mandalorian is neither made such by his skills or his armor. What makes a Mandalorian the warrior that he is is not visually perceptable, or perceptable at all to many," he said.

He then hesitated, one of the few times he had ever done such. He had not removed his armor in some time, even for sleeping. "I will honor your request, Chassis," he decided.

Fett then turned away and walked towards a seperate practice room not far away. He entered and sealed the door behind him. Removing his armor took some time, each of the twenty pieces having to slide off one of his appendages. Once he had finished, he put on a simple combat flight suit from the storage area and placed his helmet back on his head. He would not be seen without it.

The Mandalorian then left the practice room clad only in the flightsuit and helmet. It made for an odd look, but whatever was necessary to prove a point to Avion Chassis was what Fett would do. He had placed as many of his weapons as he could in holsters, including his assault rifle, Westar blaster pistols, and vibrosword, the last of which he armed.

"Begin, operative," he said, dropping himself into a slightly different defensive stance than he had with his armor on. He had been trained to fight without the armor, and now he was returning to his base combat form, not one that he had developed over time that maximized on his armor's advantages, including protection and a variety of weapons.

Piccolo awoke in the hospital wing of the base on Dubrillion. A few doctors stood over him speaking.

"He slipped into a coma, I'm afraid. I don't see him recovering any time soon."

"His injuries were not all that severe, what do you think caused it?"

"Well, the shock of having so much of his body damaged, and replaced by inorganic material. Mr. Daisaku's original procedure had already removed most of his organs, and altered his brain. He seemed to cling to what little Smash had left him of his original body. And when he started losing that . . . Well, I'm just saying it seems to be as much psychological as anything."

Piccolo tried to move as he listened to them converse. He was strapped down with strong metal bands. He was a bit troubled they sought to hold him down like that. But that didn't matter now. The hunter pulled harder, barely putting much effort into it. The metal snapped with ease, and Piccolo sat up. He ripped the bands on his feet as the shocked doctors looked on.

"Where is my armor?"

The men pointed to an adjacent room and then dashed out of Piccolo's way. Piccolo walked to the room closing the door behind him. Carefully he began placing his Eclipse combat armor onto his body. Legs, arms, hands, feet, torso, he replaced ever single piece. And last, he looked into the mirror in front of him, straight into his own eyes, as he placed the helmet onto his head. The strange ceremony complete, Piccolo walked out of the hospital wing, to Kabal's office.

"I need to see Mr. Daisaku."

Will decides its time to stop playing games and programs the droid to override its commands to lead him around the complex, and instead take him directly to Kabal's office. He had nothing to do, and he still found the command to come to Kabal's office interesting. So he put his project he was working on in his pocket and closely followed the droid.

Avion couldn't help but feel a little surprised. What compeled Fett to listen to a young operative like Avion, was something he had a hard time understanding. But he wouldn't complain.

Wasting no time with more conversation, Avion sprang into action. He charged his opponent, letting his natrual Zabrak speed take over. He made it to his opponent rather quickly "swords a swingin". He sent a blow with his right vibroblade at the Mandalorians side, which was easily parried. He, brought his left sword in for an attack on Fett's neck, but that was parried as well. The Mandalorian's speed was alarming.

Changing tactics on the fly was always something Avion was good at, this fight was no exception. He would have to play on strength. The Zabrak aimed not one, but to swords at an attack directed towards Fett's neck. Fett brought his own sword in to block, but Avion applied pressure and kept the weapons locked. Each combatant was pushing against the other, trying to gain the upper hand. It was kind of like a dangerous game of arm wristeling. After a couple seconds, Avion began to push Fett's weapon aside, slowly but surely, leaving an exposed stomach. The Zabrak capatilized on the oppertunity and sent a knee flying towads the Mandalorian's stomach.

Avion.jpg

-Joshua J Marine

As the mandalorian warrior and himself parted ways, Kyp saunterd off in the direction Fett had indicated. Finding the office fairly quickly, he rang the door's comm.

"Kabal Daisaku? This is Lord Kyp Durron... ShadowFett said I might find you here. I have a buisness proposition you might be interested in.", Kyp said softly. He then waited patiently for a reply from the head of the Black Sun.

ShadowFett slowly let up on his holding of the lock, realizing that holding still wasn't going to get him anywhere. It was a common tactic to deliberately lose a lock, if one had a suitable follow-up attack or defensive move.

Just as Avion struck out with his knee, the Mandalorian brought his blade towards the ground to break the lock and shifted his frame so that his shoulders were perpendicular to Chassis'. The knee missed, but the Zabrak's blades were left uncountered. As expected, that advantage was put to use.

However, Fett had unexpectedly expected that as well. He dropped into a crouch and shot out one leg, hearing the clash of vibroblades above him and snapping down his targeting rangefinder as to keep it from being severed. His foot connected with Avion's knee, and because the operative was still off-balance from his own physical attack, he toppled to the ground.

ShadowFett rose again to his feet, thinking of but being unable to use a dozen attacks that implemented his battlearmor. Instead, he went direct and simple, stepping on one of Avion's wrists and attempting to bring his blade around for a finishing blow.

The Zabrak would almost certainly be quick enough to block it, but Fett was more worried about some attempt on his opponent's part to stand again. He chose a broad footing position as to not be easily swayed.

*Kyp looked at his wrist chrono... it had been at least a good five minutes since he had pushed the comm button and announced his presence.

Perhaps a couple more minutes... He thought to himself.

Still no answer... ~sigh~ Ok, one more time.

Kyp pressed the comm button again, making sure it was picking up his voice this time.*

"Kabal Daisaku? This is Lord Kyp Durron... I was told I could find you here in your office."

Avion didn't have time to think. A vibroblade was getting too close to his neck, and his wrist was currently being smashed under the weight of the Mandalorian. Doing the only thing he can think of, Avion brought his own weapon to him. Becasue his Zabrak muscles were so naturally strong, he was able to get his weapon up fast enough, but Zabrak muscles could only do so much.

Avion could only reach his blade enough to misdirect Fett's attack. He couldn't bring it up long enough to get a square block. A few sparks flew as the two blades met each other in a flash. A blink of an eye later, Fett's weapon was wizzing past Avion's head, leaving him open for an attack.

An attack he did.

The young Zabrak pressed his weapon firmly on Fett's leg and dragged it through, creating a gash wide enough to leave a scar for a few days, Fett was able to move his leg before any real damage was done, but the attack served its prupose.

Avion instantly felt the relief of a newly freed wrist. The bounty hunter immediatly got to his hands and knees, sending a kick of his own towards Fett's shins. The force of the blow was enough to send the Mandalorian sprawling backwards, but he still retained his footing by keeping his body weight evenly distrubuted.

Getting to his feet, Avion rushed Fett, sending a furry of slashes that were parried rather effortlessly by the more experianced bounty hunter. Deciding to act quickly, Avion sent two attacks searing towards Fett with both of his swords, one sword tore through the air directed at Fett's right side, while the other to his left.

Avion.jpg

-Joshua J Marine

Life is pain. ShadowFett ignored the fire in his leg utterly, determined not to allow it to decrease his physical capabilities in the slightest. Unfortunately, a few broken tendons were enough to make the leg a little shaky to put weight on, so the Mandalorian would have to be cautious. Had he been wearing his armor, he wouldn't be having this problem.

But, still having something to prove, Fett reacted to Chassis' next attack. In a tiny fraction of a second, possibilities shot through his mind. He couldn't get over the blades without his jetpack. They were too low to duck under them. Avion was too fast to dodge backwards.

The bounty hunter took the only other option, determined to build off of it. He lunged forwards, not presenting a shoulder but the flat of his powerful chest. The two blades clattered together behind him, but the Zabrak did not drop them. Rather than bouncing Avion to the ground right away, Fett brought his own elbows down to lock around the backs of his opponent's.

He then let himself fall forward, Avion beneath him. The two bodies hit the ground practically in an embrace, the Zabrak's cushioning Fett's own fall. As soon as they hit, the Mandalorian rolled so Avion was on top with his still-crossed blades beneath Fett. He pulled his knees up so they met Avion's stomach, ignoring the pain that followed such an action, and used them to fling the newer operative clear off over Fett's head.

The Zabrak operative hit the ground hard, disarmed and on his back. Fett still lay, preparing to rise and grabbing ahold of Avion's vibroblades. The two were practically head-to-head on the ground on their backs, but one was armed and the other was not. Life is still pain, but when the enemy is debilitated by it and you are not--that is the mark of a warrior.

Avion sat on the ground, breathing heavy. His weapons were gone and were now in the hands of his opponent. Getting them back would be no easy task. The Zabrak fingered a smoke grenade from within his armored vest, but quickly dissmissed the idea. Avoin remebered all to well has last attempt with a smoke grenade.

Avion decided the fancy weapontry would have to wait for another time. He got to his feet and faced his opponent, who had done the same. The Zabrak charged.

The young bounty hunter ran with a speed faster than that of a normal human. He could see his enemy pulling back with his arm, about to strike. This is where Avion would make his move.

As the blade came streaking through empty space, Avion's feet were already above it. He launched a kick in mid-air, aimed right for the Mandalorian's head. The attack connected with a loud thud, causing Fett to stumble backwards. If not for the helmet, the attack might have broken his neck.

A soft clang could be heard throughout the arena as metal hit the floor. Fett had dropped one of the swords. That was likely considering the Mandalorian had to hold two vibroblades in one hand.

Avion picked up the vacant weapon, getting a feel for it. One weapon fighting was not Avion's strong suite, but he'd just have to make dew with what he had.

Avion.jpg

-Joshua J Marine

ShadowFett landed on his back. "Well done, Chassis," he grunted. Flipping over to his front, the Mandalorian rose to his feet. He cracked his neck to the right, then moved towards Avion again.

Armed with two vibroblades, the hunter knew he would need to bypass Avion's single-bladed defense, which was untrained next to his dual-weapon attacks. Fett would try to take advantage of this, but he knew it would still be a challenge. Avion had proven that he was an able warrior, but Fett needed still to prove that he was superior despite being unarmored.

Fett attacked high and low simultaneously, forcing his opponent to dodge rather than attempt to block both. He continued the attack, spinning both weapons to the best of his ability both high and low, attempting to make a strike. Avion continued to back up, throwing in a parry every now and then to aid his dodges.

The older hunter's footwork was imperfect with the two weapons, so he scuffed once on the rough floor of the arena. He was annoyed by that small failure, so he increased the efficiency of his attacks to counter. Fett charged forward, parrying a sudden counter-thrust with his forward blade before coming through with an attack from his second weapon in his off-hand.

Avion managed to dodge again, so ShadowFett held the parry with his right and pivoted on his right foot, feeling many grains of dust beneath his toes aid the movement. He brought the blade in his left hand around so it curved around Chassis' back and came in to meet the other two blades, still locked from the parry. Then he slammed his helmeted head sideways into Avion's own head as hard as he could.

The Zabrak went limp as he almost passed out. A trickle of blood came from just below one of his bone horns as Fett finished his move by throwing Avion to the ground, where the Zabrak lay mostly still, eyes still open. Still the younger Black Sun Operative tried to bring up his sword in defense, but ShadowFett had no intent of letting him. He knocked the blade out of the Zabrak's hand and lowered his own to his opponent's neck.

"Well done, Chassis. A Mandalorian is more than his armor, more than any aspect of his fighting. A Mandalorian is made a warrior by his mentality, his dedication, discipline, and morals. Good night," he finished as Avion passed out.

Fett had medical droids patch the cut on his knee briefly as well as fixing up Avion's bruises and the cut on his forehead. He then proceeded back to the room he changed in and put his Mandalorian battlearmor back on. It felt good to be wearing it again, for the feel that he always associated with combat and the hunt.

Without wanting to sit around any longer, Fett found something on the holonet that he would attend. He left word that he would be off-world for personal reasons and that he was not to be contacted unless an emergency arose, then boarded his ship and left for the stars. Soon his ship disappeared from all sight, entering an alternate dimension that employed the wrinkles in the fabric of space.

EDITED...forgot to put my armor back on.

Edited by Guest

Will signals just a minute to piccolo, and removes a small object from his vest throws it on the ground, and he is covered in his own battle suit. Then proceeds with piccolo to the arena.

( will's suit has has a cargo belt, combat boots, thick black sparring pants, thick black sparring shirt, black fingerless gloves, and a cargo vest. )