Dubrillion

Tarrian Skywalker

Darsha landed on Dubrillion (sp?) in the Nameless. After doing a routine check on her blaster and vibroblades, she pocketed the remote control in a pocket at the front of her leather suit and strode out on to the planet, hoping that the person she was looking for was still on it and hadn't gone galloping off to that little imminent battle on Coruscant.

Zipping up her black leather jacket up, she headed out to look for Shadowfett.

ilikegreenguyscopy.jpg

Darsha Assant turned dark at 2734 posts.

ShadowFett looked down at his desk when the comm on it beeped. He hit the channel open and said, "Yes?"

From the speaker came the voice of the lieutenant in charge of sensor and security, Lieutenant Filch. "Sir, a ship has landed a click or so from here without first receiving authorization. It's possible that the pilot does not know of this base's location," he reported.

The Mandalorian was getting bored with studying anyway. "I'll go check it out myself," he said. Hitting the button again, he stood up and walked out of his office. He grabbed a two-person speeder from the hangar and headed out towards the coordinates given.

He saw the ship first and, using the macrobinocular function on his visor, spotted the pilot as well. She was medium height for a female, armed with blasters and a vibroblade. Fett was glad it wasn't a Jedi, but not too glad. If things turned hostile he needed to know what to expect.

Stopping the speeder next to the girl, ShadowFett spoke. "Why have you come to Dubrillion?" he demanded.

(Actually my character is quite short, as I am. )

Darsha looked up to face the Mandalorian on the speeder. "I'm looking for someone you might know. Perhaps you have heard of Shadowfett?" She said in the flat, unemotional tone she used when she was a common thief.

ilikegreenguyscopy.jpg

OOC: So did you just give up on becoming a Jedi when my alias killed you?

IC: ShadowFett was mildly surprised at the question. "I am ShadowFett," he said tonelessly. All emotion was hidden behind his mask. "How did you know where to find me, may I ask?" he added in the same tone.

The base on Dubrillion was a complete secret, and no one but the Black Sun's agents and operatives should know where it is. The fact that this seemingly commoner knew where to look for ShadowFett was slightly disturbing.

Whoever told her where to look must have known that there was a base on Dubrillion. Or else they tracked the Fleet or one of the Operatives here. Fett decided that a bit of investigation may be necessary.

But for right now, he needed to know why this woman was looking for him and what she wanted.

Piccolo sat in the middle of the floor of his secondary quarters. His failure against ShadowFett had rattled him enough to rethink the way he had been conducting himself.

Have my cybernetic implants interfered with my personality that much? The tools were there but I failed to use them.

It was something Piccolo had feared would happen ever since the front of his brain had been damaged. It had been only been a minor blow, and the cybernetics had been implanted in plenty of time to save his body. But Piccolo knew he had to have lost something. He had not felt like himself since it happened. He no longer felt driven to reach any sort of goal.

The hunter layed out his helmet on the floor before him. After the first procedure Piccolo had been concerned about what he had become. No longer did he breath with his own lungs, no longer did his own heart beat withing his chest, but now after Rane's assault, not even his most precious possession, his mind, was completely his.

Piccolo had to accept that he was not the same person as he was during his youth on Tatooine. He had pledged then to rid the galaxy of its vile scum in the spirit of Boba Fett. Piccolo looked into the soulless eyes of his helmet, reflecting on all those that had lost their lives as they stared into that same blank visor. How many had truly been a part of that scum? He liked to belief the Jedi and the Rebels were the worst of all, because they pretended to be good, when all they did was cause more damage. At least the Hutts and the Black Sun didn't hide it. Perhaps this loss was for the best. That had been the most unhappy time of his life. Things were much simpler now. He had one purpose, and that was the hunt. Nothing else mattered anymore. He had sacrificed much, that was true, but it had all contributed to his new goals, better goals. He was well on his way to becoming the greatest bounty hunter to ever live . . . and to be immortal. Machines were immortal, men were not.

The hunter had learned much about himself as a result of his loss against Fett. Piccolo would have to thank him for reminding him of who he was. Piccolo fitted his helmet back onto his head, and gazed into the mirror.

Now I am Piccolo.

The hunter strode from his quarters and commed ShadowFett and Jag,

"I apologize for my absence, but rest assured I am back."

Of course, the hunter spoke only of his brief retreat to his quarters, but underneath it had a much deeper meaning to him.

"What are your statuses?"

Jag recieved the comm. from Piccolo, and thought about what his status was. After a moment's pause, he commed Piccolo back.

"I am a little confused, but other than that, I am ready for whatever you have for me." Putting away his comm. he headed back out to his ship.

On his way, he thought, I wonder what the Chiss Command would think of my current situation. What would they do, if they found out that the honorable faction that I pledged my allegiance to, has now turned to stabbing its allies in the back, in the middle of a battle.

Sighing, he pulled out a hydrospanner, and started to repair the damage to his Hybrid.

Maybe I should rededicate myself to the Chiss Code. Maybe then I can find out why I feel so confused, and then I can try to fix my own problems. Maybe the Chiss will still accept me, if I can figure a way around my oath. The Chiss are the only ones that help me now. They know of my honor code, and they also know about the exceptions better than anyone. Maybe if I reread the wording, maybe then I can find my way out of this. Until then, I'm ready for whatever missions I have to take for Black Sun.

Fixing his ship, Jag sighed again, hoping to be reaccepted by the Chiss, if he could get out of his commitment. Waiting for Piccolo's reply, he continued smoothing out the bumps from his combining, making his ship even sleeker.

JaggedFelIIa.jpg

"If three people call you a Hutt, buy a drool bucket and start stockpiling spice." -Corran Horn

"Nice to meet you,"Darsha said emotionlessly, then shrugged. "A drunk man told me. Or at least I think he was drunk. I understand that you may be in possesion of a certain Jedi Master's lightsaber and I would like to have it, well, just name your price.

"I'm a collector, you see," she continued, unzipping her jacket to show him the rows of lightsabers inside. "All padawans, and even a few trainees, but, well, I just want the thrill of possessing a Jedi Master's or a Knight's."

ilikegreenguyscopy.jpg

*An encrypted comm comes from the Black Sun Citadel.*

"Capt. Piccolo, I am Kabal Daisaku, in your years of service to my father, he has made reference to you as an enlightened and powerful fighter. Given his old age and limited time, he asked I take over the mantle of his Criminal Empire. It is time to bring the Black Sun back into a forefront in the under-handed economies of the Galaxy; the slave trade, bounty hunting, assasination. In short, I would like to request an audience with you at the Citadel. Until then, Kabal out."

*With that the comm ended and the stage was set for a meeting between a Trandoshan and a Human.*

Piccolo responded to Jag as he made his way to the hangar.

"Well, we should have something for you and ShadowFett very soon. It seems the Black Sun is under new management. I'll explain more later."

Piccolo patted his vornskyrs on the head as he entered his ship. The hunter powered up the engines and contemplated the news from this Kabal Daisaku.

I did not even realize Smash had a child. This is slightly suspicious, but I also never knew much about Smash's past. Given his personality it is certainly possible.

Piccolo would assess the man upon his arrival, but if all checked out he would live with the new leader. Piccolo wasn't interested in running the Black Sun again, so there would be no anger that he was not selected. He had made that sentiment clear to Smash after Smash's last return. What had really surprised him was the sudden appearance of this Kabal fellow. Not wasting anymore time, he fired up the Howling Runner and headed for Coruscant.

"Pardon me for a moment," ShadowFett said apologetically. He spoke next into his comm after turning away so the woman before him could not hear his words. "Piccolo, I'm currently attending to a small amount of buisness. I'll be back shortly."

He deactivated his comm and turned back to the human before him. "I happen to have it on me right now," he said matter-of-factly. He pulled the lightsaber off his belt. It hadn't been of much use to him since he had taken it from the dead Jedi that had tried to kill him. It would just become an easy way to make some money now.

"Let's see..." the Mandalorian pondered. "How does fifty thousand credits sound to you, Jedi? I was almost killed in the process of obtaining it."

The woman before him was, obviously, a Jedi. If a free-lancer went around collecting lightsabers, then they almost always killed Jedi to get them. He had no problem returning it to the Jedi now, however, for he himself had not personally killed the Jedi he had taken it from.

Next time he obtained a lightsaber, he would earn it.

ShadowFett took the money and handed the Jedi the lightsaber. "You don't know where I am, understand?" he said coldly. He didn't need the scum of the galaxy all knowing that he was on Dubrillion. What was here on Dubrillion was not for the common ears.

He turned away and got back into the speeder, heading back towards the base by an indirect route so that the Jedi couldn't watch him and get an idea of where he was headed. Precautions were best if taken whenever availible by any means.

Upon reaching the Black Sun garrison, the Mandalorian bounty hunter entered the building and received word that Piccolo had gone to Coruscant and the Citadel there. He decided that he would wait until Piccolo had returned to find out why he had gone, but Jag Fel seemed to know something.

Approaching the pilot, Fett spoke. "Do you know why Piccolo went to Coruscant?" he asked neutrally.

Jag looked up from his ship, surprised to see ShadowFett standing there. Pulling himself out from underneath the ship, he got up.

"I know probably as much as you do, maybe a little more. All I know is that Piccolo said that the Black Sun was under new management, and that he'd explain later."

Pausing, Jag hesitated to ask the question that had been nagging him for a while now. Deciding that Fett could be trusted with it, he spoke up.

"Now I have a question. Do you have any idea why the Black Sun turned the Alliance in the middle of that last battle? It goes against all Chiss morals, so the only reason I followed through on the orders was the pledge to Black Sun I made. I am deeply troubled by the Black Sun's actions, and I would like to know why we did it."

Jag might have sounded a little pleading, but he didn't care. He needed to find a way out of his promise, one way or another.

JaggedFelIIa.jpg

"If three people call you a Hutt, buy a drool bucket and start stockpiling spice." -Corran Horn

ShadowFett was surprised that the Black Sun had changed management again. He was curious as to what had happed to Smash this time. Well, he decided, at least this could help the Black Sun do something besides sitting around waiting for Smash's next order.

Fett was not surprised, however, when Jag mentioned the traitorous act Smash had ordered the Armada to partake in back at Gala. "My own morals are quite strong in that area as well, Jag," he said tonelessly as usual. "I almost considered not attacking at all. However, I realized that as long as I was a part of the Black Sun and wished to remain so, I would have to take orders.

"The reason as to why Smash ordered the attack still eludes me," he continued. "It was an extreme tactical error, and the losses during that fight should not have had to be lost. The attack also reflects Smash's personality. He is a criminal, Jag. He has no morals. If that bothers you, then you can only hope that this 'new management' has morals."

His throat was getting sore. Fett wasn't used to speaking more than a few sentences at a time. But his point had gotten across effectively, he felt, and Jag had his answer.

ShadowFett had no intention of leaving the Black Sun primarily because of Piccolo. Piccolo had taken him from being nobody into becoming quite a fighter and bounty hunter. The only reason Fett would abandon what he had here would be if he was ordered to do something directly against his Mandalorian morals.

He hoped that order would never come.

Seeing that Jag lost interest in the conversation that never really got started, ShadowFett turned and walked away from the pilot. He headed back to his office to await word from Piccolo and continue to study space combat tactics.

He came upon a few "nuggets", interesting information that he was obliged to commit to memory for use should he ever have the need to command the Black Sun Armada in actual combat. But he knew that there was no mentor like experience, and until he got some experience he could not truly study.

There was a counter for every strategy, he noted, and no action could be completely failproof. It was the same in firefights and brawls on the ground. If both commanders were tactically perfect, then every battle would be a toss up. Whichever side had more ships would emerge the victor.

And that was the reason why the hit-and-fade tactic had become so popular in situations where a lesser fleet was trying to weaken a greater one. Being able to get in, deal some damage, and escape reduced the risk of a long, extended battle high in casualties.

All this Fett noted and memorized. It may serve him well in the future if Piccolo's predictions had been correct about Fett running the fleet once or twice in the near future.

Jag thought about the response that Fett had provided him. He realized that the Mandalorian morals were as sound, if not more sound, than the Chiss morals. It helped to know that at least one more person had a set of morals besides himself.

Under his breath, he muttered his response.

"Thank you ShadowFett. You have helped me more than you know."

Turning around, he headed back to his ship, and pulled out his datapad of the Chiss Code. Scrolling through it, he searched for certain terms he felt that he had read before. He scrolled through, starting to smile at what he saw.

JaggedFelIIa.jpg

Disguised quite effectively as a harmless meteorite as it enters the atmosphere, the probe droid begins its assignment and impacts upon the surface of the planet, extracting itself to provide ample reconnaissance without further detection due to its small size. From a specially-tuned antenna, it begins to send out trace bursts of information to be piggybacked on local HoloNet transmissions. It bears no markings of any kind, and is equipped to handle all terrain, even underwater.

In the darkness we may lurk,

Ever eager for dirty work,

Try to find us if you dare,

But danger lurks, be warned, beware!

Disguised quite effectively as a harmless meteorite as it enters the atmosphere, the probe droid begins its assignment and impacts upon the surface of the planet, extracting itself to provide ample reconnaissance without further detection due to its small size. From a specially-tuned antenna, it begins to send out trace bursts of information to be piggybacked on local HoloNet transmissions. It bears no markings of any kind, and is equipped to handle all terrain, even underwater.

Spaming ... nulled.

"When in doubt, Get the Hell out!!!"

OOC: I don't have a problem with a probe droid being here for intelligence purposes if it's neutral. It just isn't allowed to find our base. So I guess it wouldn't do much good here anyway...

IC: ShadowFett was growing weary. He not not slept in a while, and the Black Sun wasn't doing anything at all these days. As much as he wanted to take action, he would not get to in the Black Sun for at least a little longer. Piccolo had expressed his want for Fett to feel he could leave without orders, and Fett was considering doing so.

But for now he would get some rest. He took off his jetpack and helmet and locked his office door. Hitting a button to slide out something resembling a bed from the wall, Kandor laid down on it.

He wondered what he would do if he just decided to leave for a while. Maybe he would go to the Last Call and see if he could find out about any currently wanted bounties. It would feel good to be on the hunt again, and he certainly wasn't needed here for a while.

Black Sun was undergoing another management switch, but it didn't seem like the new leader was going to do much in the way of making the organization a little less removed from the goings-on of the galaxy. Fett didn't want the Black Sun to fall apart, but without firm leadership it would.

Piccolo had been in many ways the best leader. Although he had many enemies that attacked the organization just because he was in command, there was never a dull moment and Kandor had gotten multiple shots at combat and even a bounty.

For now, Fett allowed himself to fall asleep. When he awoke he would have made a decision.

Above the planet of Dubrillion a shuttle exits hyperspace and begins a check for landing. The pilot deftly manuevers his fingers across the keyboard and within minutes the ship had touched down. The landing ramp lowered and footsteps could be heard throughout the facility. Larek Tefgod marched into the Dubrillion hangar and awaited someone to welcome him.

Darth-Garou.jpg

ShadowFett was awakened when an unknown ship set down at the base. He wondered for a minute how a stranger had found the base at all without going through the Citadel on Coruscant first. Then it occurred to him that the stranger had most likely been through Coruscant.

Then again, he hadn't gotten a message telling him to expect anyone. Replacing his helmet and rocket pack in their respective places, the Mandalorian grabbed his weapons and headed out to the hangar. He would need to speak with this newcomer.

He reached the hangar and saw the being standing there, clearly expecting a welcome. "What brings you to Dubrillion?" Fett asked, hiding the suspicion from his voice.

OOC: What ever happened to Bles Trium?

ooc: They are on in the same, trust me

ic:

Larek turns to the hunter walking toward him and his emerald eyes begin to look the man over. He appeared to be Mandalorian from his armor, but his walking did not appear to be the same as the great Fetts in the glory days.

"My name is Larek Tefgod. I hear the best way to getsome action around here is as a bounty hunter. So here I am. And do not bother testing me to see ifI am good enough. I could more than handle you."

Darth-Garou.jpg

ShadowFett stared at the Trandoshan before him. He recognized the being...but not as Larek Tefgod. The lizard visiting Dubrillion was Bles Trium, the hunter that Fett had picked up on Rattatak several months ago. He had left Black Sun for the Hutts not long after joining.

He had also done some things that Fett wasn't fond of remembering. The two had actually formed some enmity during the course of his stay with the Black Sun. But even that didn't explain why Bles (or Larek) had known about the base here on Dubrillion.

"I'm afraid I can't help you at the moment. However," the Mandalorian said, "you can help me. You start by telling me how you knew that there was a Black Sun base on Dubrillion." Last time the two hunters had met was on Coruscant before the base here had even been established.

This wasn't the first stranger here that had known about the base, however. Not long ago a Jedi had shown up looking to retrieve her Master's lightsaber, and Fett had sold it to her for fifty thousand credits. This news was disturbing, for the Black Sun presence here was supposed to be a complete secret.

OOC: Unless you can give me some good answers really fast, I have to assume that you or the one you heard from was using OOC knowledge, which is illegal.

ooc:

1. Bles Trium and Larek Tefgod are one in the same. Larek is the mutations of Bles into a human through the Force.

2.I am on this planet becuase Sam told me via AIM to come to this planet. So if you have a problem about ask him.

ic:

"Well if you anthelp me, perhaps there is someone here who has more brains than you. Perhaps you can direct me to the person in charge of this splendid facility."

Larek folds his arms behind his back and begins to walk through the Dubrillion facility.

Darth-Garou.jpg

That old enmity was rising very quickly, ShadowFett realized with a smirk hidden by his mask. "That would be me," he said. "If you have a problem with that, then I suggest you leave the planet."

Fett knew that beneath the lizard's seeming cockiness and arrogance, he was capable of fear, just like any real mortal. And if he didn't currently fear the Mandalorian, then he could be made to quite easily. There were many ways Fett could think of in which he could dispose of the being.

He did not visibly tense, but rather relaxed into a position in which he was fully capable of a wide range of motion without the slightest strain. He was leaning slightly back with his right hand resting upon his left gauntlet and his head tilted fractionally downwards toward the earth, though his eyes remained fixed upon Bles.

It would be the wisest move for the Trandoshan to simply leave. Although Fett did not want to rush into a fight, he would without hesitation kill the one who had left the Black Sun not all that long ago. So was the vengeance of the Mandalorains--swift and without hesitation.

Larek turns to face the Mandalorian and grins. The Sith Lord called upon the Force and began to probe the warriors mind., He would know when the Black Sun agent would attack befor Fett did. He strided toward the armored soldier and begins speaking.

"I have searched the memory of this creature whose body I have stolen and warped. It has a memory of you, yes. It seemed you and him worked together once before for this organization, but he betrayed you, and left. Curious. Very curious indeed, that you hate me, now that I have brought this creature back, plus new power to work here again. Strange."

Larek turns and looks out the hangar doors. The sun was setting behind the planet and the Sith Lords eyes followed it. He had always loved sunsets. They resembled empires, kingdoms, heros, and villians. All would set in time. All it ever took was time. Time was one thing Larek would always have.

Darth-Garou.jpg

OOC: I'm sorry about my lack of knowledge concerning what happened to you and your "storyline". Fett will proceed as he would realistically react.

IC: "I see that you are not the being I remember," ShadowFett commented. "However, that does not change the situation. Unless you can give me the information on how you learned of this base and what you are doing here, I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

His own words were beginning to sound repetetive to his own ears. But this being, which had apparently once been Bles Trium, still had not offered the simple information and explanation that Fett required. He was in charge of the facility and the planet, and it was his job to make such inquiries.

The Mandalorian fingered his weapons, though he still did not have any intention of using them to drive Bles/Larek off the planet until provoked outright. As it was he wanted to get off the planet himself to perhaps pursue some bounty for a freelance fee as Black Sun was currently inactive. However, as long as Bles/Larek was here, he did not feel that he could leave, at least until he received a proper explanation.

The Howling Runner emerged from hyperspace. The ship responded to hailing frequencies with the correct clearance code, as well as a word from Piccolo.

"Do not notify the men I have arrived. Surprise inspection time."

Piccolo landed his ship, and adjusted his helmet. His boots clanged against the metal grating as he stalked the halls of the Black Sun's Dubrillion compound. Piccolo came across the exchange between Bles Trium and ShadowFett.

"What is going on my friends?"

The emerald eyes of Larek Tefgod turn and face the hunter that had nearly killed him landing.

"I have been discovering why membership in the Black Sun organization is dropping off. Imbusils are in charge of whole bases. And that must mean, some even bigger imbusil, put him in charge."

Larek walks over to the armor clad hunter and cocks his head.

"Ah yes. The mighty Piccolo. This mind has told me all about you. You earned the respect of Bles Trium, which appears to be an easy thing.But, Larek Tefgod, have no respect for you. In any case, I have decided to lend my services to your organization, provided, this pitiful warrior behind me does not intefere with my work, or my pay."

Darth-Garou.jpg