The Eternal Vigilance (The Maw)

Tarrian Skywalker

Sensing the shift in not only tone but also in opinion this meeting was finally not only under way, but at a point where things were moving.

"Darth Aries should be captured and then I can attempt to cleanse him and possibly restore him to Aryian. The details however can be worked after as it is agreed that he must and will be dealt with."

Talking about it in such terms seemed so easy. It was one of the few people in this galaxy he called friend. He would find a way to help restore him. Things had to move so he could get there. That meant getting this meeting moving.

"Next I would like to talk about the new Enclave that is being built on Coruscant. A Representative has traveled with me from the planet to discuss how it will be built as well as the memorial that we will accompany it. He was there when I purged the site of the taint of the Sith and right before the clearing of the site was to take place."

On que the newest Representative entered the room. He bowed to show his respect as he entered the chamber. Damon exited the center platform and took his place in the circle. He still stood as he wanted to ready to quickly move the meeting again after the Rep spoke.

"Thank you for having me. I checked before entering, and my government is ready to build soon as it receives word to start. Its an honor to be a Representative to this council.

Waving his hand to signal that he could observe from where Damon stood. Switching spots with the man, he once again took the helm of the meeting.

"As stated we are ready to start construction of the enclave and memorial. It will be large enough to work as an embassy for the Jedi as well as a public location for hopefuls to go in search of us. It will not be any way as large as the temple that once stood there, but it will be enough. Is the council ok with this act?"

Its a blast from the not so distant past.

((Mod approved))

Question posed, yet time for pondering and reply fell short. This esteemed liaison between the Jedi order and the government broke composure in a fit if snickers, slowly rolling into a maddened laughter. Sinking to his knees, the man's eyes grew wide as if seeing something utterly horrifying, yet continued laughing uncontrollably all the same. Panic was clear in his face, yet eerily set off by some humor not even he was privy to. He looked around the council, desperate to call for help but unable to find pause for the words, wanting so badly for someone, anyone to come to his aide. Yet none would. Any that took step near him caused him to retch backwards as if they themselves were the cause of his suffering. Hands outstretched, he begged, pleaded for salvation. After what felt like minutes of this bizarre sensation the laughter cut out and the man sunk even lower to the floor, head held low. It seemed that the fit of insanity passed. Then the true horror began.

Reaching toward his belt he ripped free an ornate dagger scrawled with unfamiliar symbols. The very same token the Jedi had given him in the ruins of the fallen Sith temple. At the time it seemed so mundane, a pretty trinket to hang on the wall and show off at parties. Yet in one quick pull that pretty thing slashed open the man's neck from ear to ear, the wrist in but another. Panic had driven this man's heart to pounding, and now pressured one quick spurt of blood from each wretched gash before flowing rapidly down his chest and hand to the floor below.

::You were so close. So very close....:: The familiar voice of Julio Furion crept freely and distinctly from the man's slit throat between the choaking gurgles, easily identifiable to those who knew it. The body hardly moved, twitching softly hunched over. ::But you just let me go. You just let the Dark Lord of the Sith walk out after confessing his crimes. Fools. Poor, blind fools.::

In a flash the man was on his feet, staring at the council with brilliant golden eyes. With a quick fling of his arm one final defiant beat of his heart spit out what little blood was left in him, spattering the Jedi present in lines of crimson. ::This is your one and only warning. Stand down or stand up. Those caught in between will receive no mercy.::

And the body collapsed to the floor with that unforgiving thud of dead flesh upon metal.

There were a few moments of stunned silence at the spectacle that unfolded before the Jedi Council. Onderin remained in his seat, brow furrowed as though deep in thought. Blood continued to puddle around the representative following the gruesome display, but the gathered Jedi Masters had seen lots of blood, and they were too experienced to think that there was anything they could do for the man who already lay dead on the floor.

"I think," he said at last, "we can at this point label Furion a considerable threat. We should inform CoreSec of his ascendancy to the position of dark lord, and make sure there's someone looking for him."

3C12kbA.png

There is nothing good in war. There is good in why we fight them.

"Among us, Master Damian actually touched this new Sith Lord, he should be able to give us a general location for where this one has decided to lurk among the cosmos. We should assist him in the necessary meditations to give us a general location, and then send knights and ourselves to collect information and try to uncover enough information to find their location or discern their intended actions so that the Jedi might be there to oppose them."

He paused a moment before continuing as his though process caught up with the challenge presented by this newly emerging Dark Lord.

"I know Master Skye-Organa has been withdrawn of late, but could we possibly persuade her to have a look at that knife? Examining it from a healer's point of view might give us a better idea of what powers this Furion used to enact such a result, how to better counter those powers, and to prevent this from happening to envoys in the future."

Again a pause, as a matter of business before the Council melded into the spectacle before him and Dashel had an answer he hoped prove false, "Master Kirlocca, Darth Ares has either joined or is seeking out this Darth Furion. I suggest you find a couple of willing knights and whatever other allies you deem necessary and begin your search for him. Please keep us advised of your progress, finding him may net us this Darth Furion. As a suggestion, you might wish to consider a couple of Mandolorians, their Jedi killing prowess is something that would be invaluable of clearing out any followers Ares might have attracted or any of Furion's Sith traveling with him."

He stopped, turned back to the general council and said, "We still have other business to attend to, but before we do that, is there anyone else here that has a suggestion concerning Furion and Ares? Please, let's also remember that as much of a threat as these two are, the Jedi have an entirely galaxy to protect and these two may be the largest facing us, but we have other concerns that need to be met."

Pointing to the body, Dashel asked, "We could start by figuring out how we plan to compensate this man's family, if any for failing to protect him while he was in our Council Room and finding out if this man's death, Furions obivious control over him, or both could enable the Vigilance to be tracked when it is not in port."

Four days from Haruun Kal, approximately two weeks earlier

Kharjo flinched reflexively at the hand upon his shoulder, even if he knew it was his master’s. He looked to Dashel for guidance, an explanation as to why he had vanished from the yurt; instead he got a different answer. The cub furrowed his brow and pouted, he didn’t want to leave. He realized in that moment he wanted to stay. This was exciting! He felt like he was learning so much about his past and himself, why would he ever want to halt such revelations? However, it seemed he had no say in the matter. He felt disheartened and disappointed all at once. It was like he’d been given a glimpse of an important truth – perhaps the most important of truths and had it yanked away from his grasp and wanting gaze. Dashel tried consoling the young Padawan, but there was only so much one could do. Kharjo sighed deeply. He didn’t know when he would have these visions next; he didn’t have control over them. They just happened upon him. He chuckled softly to himself then, a thought had come to him and it made him smile. Perhaps that’s part of the thrill of it? The discovery will be random and rewarding.

He looked about then, glancing at the wondrous landscape of a home he’d never known, spying a people that no longer existed and sighed. He felt the wind caress his bare fur, felt it tickle his whiskers and tug at his robes. He watched as dust twirled and danced like tiny tornadoes inches above the dirt. His gaze lifted and he stared at sky so foreign and familiar to him it made him want to cry. He would yearn for this place in the days to come. He knew it. He would want to return. Master Illioni was right, however, he shouldn’t attempt it alone. There was failure and worse in such a venture. He could be trapped in this place between worlds – between times forever. Would that be so bad? Kharjo could not answer that question. He grimaced and tore his gaze from the sky. When he looked about he did not spy his Master. Had he simply walked off again or returned to the world of the waking? He tried calling out to him, but quickly realized how futile it was. If Master Illioni was not here, there was no point. But, how do I get back? He had never actually thought of that until then. He’d had no control over the duration of his visits here. They came and went of their own accord. He thought back, trying to recall the last trigger. He recalled a pitched battle and the near-death of his ancestor. Was that it? Was stress the trigger?

How was he going to trigger a stressful event? Everything was so peaceful. Panic began to set in and that dark feeling began to return. The tendrils he’d felt on the edges of his consciousness grew stronger and more vile. He couldn’t tell what was causing it, but he felt as if he knew without knowing that it was a Force User. How that was possible was beyond him. He quickly steeled himself, realizing there was little else he could do in this instance. Panicking would not help anything. And so, he began walking. He had no direction in mind, he just walked. For a time, he focused solely on rebuffing the dark feeling that fell upon him like sound at the edge of hearing. When he happened upon a clearing on the outskirts of the village, he sat down and began to meditate. He could not think of what else to do. As he sat there mediating a sense of serenity washed over him and the ‘here’ began to fade from the ‘there’. He could not describe the feeling as he felt himself shift.

When he awoke he was greeted by a blinding light that caused his head to pound. He could hear people speaking in hushed tones and feel a gentle hand upon his forearm, but could make sense of nothing. He tried to sit up, but found his body heavy, deadened. Kharjo fell back into the bed with flush of color and then tried to roll over onto his side. He did not move fast enough and before he could stop it, bile was spilling from his puffed-out cheeks and falling onto the bed sheet. It took all the effort he could muster to simply roll far enough onto his side to allow him to vomit over the edge of his bed. By the time he finished tears had blurred his vision and were freely flowing down his cheeks.

A voice floated to him then, “Kharjo take it easy, you were out for a very long time.”

Kharjo blinked in-between gasping fits. He knew that voice. When he’d gained enough composure, he took a paw and wiped the spittle from his mouth. He attempted to sit up again, only to fail and need the help of the stranger at his bedside. That same stranger took soft hands and wiped away the rogue tears that clouded his vision. After he blinked away the confusion he realized it was Alyssa staring back at him. There was concern and something else in her beautiful eyes and it made Kharjo blush instantly. He sharply averted his gaze and coughed. As he looked around the room, he realized that it was not brightly lit and that he must be in a ship’s medbay. How or when he’d gotten there he could not say.

“Glad to see you’re awake, Kharjo. We were beginning to worry about you.” Knight Maevis Luo said sweetly as she moved to his side to check his vitals.

Kharjo furrowed his brow inquisitively as he watched Knight Luo work before something tore at his attention and made him look around the room again. He saw Master Illioni sitting at the edge of the bed, saw Master Vao moving over to his and Alyssa’s side and noticed Kala vigilantly standing between him and Master Illioni. So much did not make sense and needed to. Once Maevis had finished, she and everyone present took turns filling him in on all that transpired. The attack on Gala, the strike on the Sith Temple on Coruscant, the Council Meeting that was to take place aboard the Eternal Vigilance. By the time they had finished, Kharjo was awed. So much had happened while he was away and yet it had only seemed like mere minutes had passed while he was in that place between places. How intriguing it all was!

When he felt his strength return more he swung himself over the edge of his bed as a glass was presented to him. As he drank deeply from it, he sighed divinely.

Eternal Vigilance, earlier

Kharjo walked down the boarding ramp of the Grasstiger. He still felt a bit uneasy. It’d been two long, but fun weeks in space, traveling aboard of spaceship with limited space. He’d learned a lot, grown as a person, but had yet to best this illness that had befallen him. It seemed that his master had the higher fortitude as he seemed fine. Kharjo grumbled as he followed after his master. They stopped abruptly and Kharjo nearly toppled over when he bumped into him. As he stumbled backwards, he looked around and gasped. This was the Eternal Vigilance? This was impressive. It was massive, the hangar bay. He dropped his head as far back as it would go and could just make out the ceiling. It was so spacious and empty. He felt in awe and saddened all at once. A ship this massive, this impressive must have had an impressive purpose. To see it in such disuse filled him with sorrow.

Kharjo felt something pressing against his chest and looked down. A datapad waited for him to take and so he did, turning it over before powering it up. Master Illioni had begun speaking in the manner he so often did. It was as if he knew Kharjo was listening even when it was evident that he wasn’t. He also gave off the distinct impression that he was not going to repeat himself if Kharjo missed something. It somewhat irritated Kharjo, but there were far worse qualities in a person than this. As his master spoke, Kharjo made himself listen as he passively scanned over the datapad. Indeed there were detailed duplicate instructions of his task. Once he had finished he quickly departed answering a holocall as he walked off. Kharjo was left to stand there a tumultuous rush of emotions. He was excited to visit Coruscant; he’d thought he’d have to accompany his master to the meeting. That would have been enough.

I have to talk to strangers, tho’? Man… The thought of introducing himself to diplomats and their attendants was a little more than intimidating. He’d had few dealings with politicians. For that matter he’d dealt with very few people who weren't Jedi or affiliated with the Order in some way or another. He could do it though, he was a Jedi. He was Master Illioni’s Padawan. Before his feelings overwhelmed him, he turned around and walked back up the ramp and to his quarters. He was already dressed as a Jedi, but figured that he should put on one of his better sets of robes and fatigues. If he was going to do this he might as well make a good impression. Kharjo sought out Kala to help him with the sensory strand and his braid. He could tie a braid – he’d practiced at it long enough. It was the weaving of the sensory instrument strand into it that caused him a measure of difficulty. When she finished he asked her how he looked and she smiled as her reply. Sighing nervously, he clipped his lightsabers to his utility belt and went to find a shuttle to Coruscant.

He didn’t have to explore for very long as he had Kala’s help in navigating the ship. Minutes later the shuttle was racing towards the nearby capitol planet with Kharjo staring in awe out of a portside viewscreen.

Kirlocca held his position still for a moment, with only a brief second of his image turning around to acknowledge Adenna standing behind him. Although, none of those on the EV could see her. With a flicker from his image, Kirlocca spoke up to address the concerns of Dashel.

<< Darkfire may be seeking out this new Dark Lord, yet he has no ties to him yet. He can be cornered. But there will lay the problem. This Dark Side entity that he took on thrives upon having massive chaos around him. If others would to go with me, they would need to work with me in a team. A single cohesive unit to make any sort of progress upon him. >>

While he was certain that Dashel meant no disrespect to Kirlocca, but he was almost positive that he would be able to subdue Darkfire by himself. But if the will of the Council was that he not go alone, Kirlocca being a Grandmaster wouldn't refuse them either.

Dahar watched as the man fell to the ground in a pool of blood. It was a clear move by the Dark Lord, and Dahar had never made his detest of the Sith secret. He hated them, which in itself was a dangerous emotion. As a Jedi Master he was aware of this and spent much time channeling this energy to avoid it consuming him.

"In regards to Black Sun, I believe they may be of service. I may be wrong gentleman, but I believe our true enemy is and always will be the Sith. It is our never ending task to eradicate them. Do I think we can ever truly balance the Force?" Dahar sighed, "No, I don't. But as Jedi we must forever work to eliminate the threats as they arise, and," Dahar was about to make his view very public, "Hunt them down before they have the chance to hunt us. Perhaps part of me has been tainted over years of interaction with these scum, but I do not feel the most prudent course is for us to wait for things to happen. Are we mercenaries? No. But, in the case of the Sith, should we be?" Dahar shook his head, "I don't know."

"In regards to Ares," Dahar looked at the holo of his friend Kirlocca, the great Wookiee whom had taught him Wru'torr, "I cannot go with you. As I said, the very specific plan outlined by Master Darkfire himself has been set up at the sanctuary. I fear, however, that if I were to confront this Darth Ares again I would kill him, pulling myself dangerously close to the Dark Side."

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away...

The Bhelliom had drawn in near Coruscant in hopes of hitting up the Last Call and getting the latest scoop on what was up in the galaxy. There was news its owner retired, but Faust still hoped to if nothing else, still pick up on the latest in galactic news. As the ship made orbit for its descent onto the planet, Faust felt something like a bright, sickening beacon tugging in the light side of the Force. Doing a scan from his ship, he smirks, recognizing the EV and surprised it was pulled from the slightly dethawed now, but still lifeless ball of ice and rock that was Manaan. Halting his ship, he debates his course of action, then checks an old commlink he used during one of his times infiltrating the Jedi. Listening, he decides on a new course, literally, for his actions and ship. As he draws in, he frowns, feeling the latest tinge of something dark streaking across the Force, but fleeting and untraceable.

Hailing the EV from a safe distance, he raises his shields and primes his engines, but does not power up his weapons. With no intent of opening hostilities, he did however plan caution in case the Jedi were more precipitous than CoreSec in firing first and asking questions later. He also sends out the line on Darex's private comm link using the same he checked some time ago. "Jedi Master Lusef Aryan, requesting permission to come aboard," he states dryly, leaning back in his pilot seat, knowing that at least half the order knew the story of that particular alias. "I believe my input may help the order in deciding on a new course."

In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed - but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

Furion's presence was clear in the Force, and as soon as he felt how malevolent it was, Darex knew there was no hope for the doomed man. Nevertheless, he grimaced as he felt the man's life flicker and vanish. There was nothing any of the Jedi Masters present could do about it, and Darex hated that. That man should have been safe. Some Sith sorcery had been at work.

He tapped his comlink, and some adepts entered the room and removed the man's body to take it to the morgue, where they would treat it with all the respect it deserved. In the meantime, the other Jedi had moved to continue their discussion. Darex let them talk, then finally spoke up again. "One thing we need to be hesitant about regarding Black Sun: the galaxy is under no pretenses that they are not evil. If the people of the galaxy see us working with them, it won't matter what our reasons are. We will lose much public support and opinion, and that will make our duty to protect them much harder. So I'm hesitant about working directly with them. Better to approach CoreSec with the idea and let them handle it, with us staying behind the scenes or out of the picture entirely."

He leaned forward in his chair, steepling his hands. "Regardless, the time has come for the Order to be more active in the galaxy. Under former Grandmaster Fitt, we gathered together, withdrawing from the galaxy to have a time of renewal and recommitment. It was a worthy goal, but the galaxy suffered while we were away. Now we must rejoin the galaxy and take a stand against the Sith once more, protecting the innocents as we have done for millennia. We cannot allow more atrocities like those at Bespin and Naboo. We have a duty to protect people, and we need to remember it.

"To that end, Grandmaster Kirlocca and I want to urge careful action. Not aggression, but defense of all galactic citizens. I urge you to join one of these crusades personally, whether that is to work against the Sith and Black Sun, to help our allies in CoreSec, to seek redemption of those lost to us such as Master Darkfire, or to work for the betterment of life everywhere, including humanitarian work and the abolition of the slave trade.

"I also want to urge you Masters to set an example for the younger Knights. To that end, I urge you to take apprentices. I have received a report that there are several hopefuls at our new headquarters on Lehon." He tapped a button, and the coordinates were sent to the personal comms of all those in the room.

He leaned back in his chair again, waiting to see what further discussion would ensue. As he did so, his comm beeped. It was a message from Master Aryan, whom Darex hadn't heard from in quite a while. He sent back a text-only message, indicating to Master Aryan that the Council was currently in session, but that once he was onboard and the meeting was over, Darex would gladly meet with him personally to hear his suggestions.

All that remained was for Lusef to send over his clearance codes to the station to gain access to the EV. And Darex was certain that if Lusef was in the know about the location of the EV, he would also have been given the new codes by the same person who had given him the location.

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

Faust smiled, wondering if Darex remembered that Lusef had outted himself in an assault on the Jedi in a final effort to bring his apprentice, no padawan, over to the Dark side. The codes for landing would prove a bit tricky. For a brief moment, Faust wondered if this game was worth playing, and if he should just fire up a baradium missile, nuke the EV, let the debris fall to Coruscant, and call it a day. That would simplify matters, but it would not advance any of his longterm goals and plans.

He takes another gamble, deciding, just in case his alias was forgotten, to let the Jedi know exactly who they were dealing with to avoid more unpleasant surprises on board the EV itself should he take them unaware. He sends back a comm, but opening himself up to a channel in the Force, sends the message out with his feelings as well, letting the others in the order know it as well.

Darex, Darex, Darex, you should have remembered, it's not Lusef Aryan, but Luciferian, Darth Luciferian, or simply Vladimir Faust. Unless you fear what I could do surrounded by the strongest members of your order, I'd advise hearing me out before your council. I do not come representing the Sith, but my own interests. You may take whatever preparations you wish to ensure your security. There is a pause, a short one, as he hesitates before replying, through the Force intuiting something that would pique their interest. I felt the faintest tinge of the Dark side in your luminous shadows as part of what drew me here on chance. You struck a blow, leveling the Sith Temple on Coruscant I've heard, but the victory was costly and it marks you still. Hear me out and I may be able to assist you for the right price.

In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed - but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

Darex's eyebrows disappeared into his hairline. Lusef was Faust? When had that been revealed to the Order? And how had he missed that? He thought back wryly on several discussions they had had, including one where Faust had been brought up. The man must have been laughing to himself the entire time. Darex shook his head.

The last message had been broadcast to the rest of the Council, and so Darex looked them all in the eye. "I think it wise to hear him out." Despite the fact that he wanted Faust nowhere near this ship, he felt that listening to Faust's proposal would be the right thing to do. "He can't do much mischief with all of us here, and none of you can deny that he is strong in the Force. We might be foolish not to at least listen. If we could elicit his word that he will come unarmed and in peace, I believe we can...trust him." Trust was too strong a word, but there was no better one. Darex knew that Faust had some sense of honor. When he had been Dark Lord, he had allowed Darex to come before him and hadn't harmed him. Perhaps it was time to repay the favor. Darex respected the man. He was a monster, but one worth respect.

He glanced around at the masters assembled. "After all, we need not promise right away to let him leave here."

FDY9u6P.png

"Do bring a being so submerged so far in the Darkside, Master Travellian," growled Dashel, memories of an unconscious and still dangerous Kari Kohl dancing through his mind. "Once we have him on board, wrap him in Ysalamari and entomb him Carbonite."

Dashel needed to say more, wanted to say more, but knew better than to do so when rage kept crashing through his mind over what Faust had attempted with Knight Kohl and the Master's harmed in stopping him.

A last line spoke below most people's hearing sprang to his lips as he waived the floor to whomever was next, "Once he's in the Carbonite, toss it into the nearest blackhole.

Kirlocca's image flickered for a moment before he turned towards Dashel.

<< Easy there Master Dashel. I know for a fact that Master Damon and Master Dahar are more than able to handle him. And if it does worry you that much to have that man on the station, I will wrap up this meeting and bring Adenna with me up there to provide support. >>

Kirlocca then turned towards Damon, whom even as far away from each other that they were, Kirlocca could sense that the man held a weight about him in the Force. Maybe his role in the galaxy was about to be expanded.

<< Either way, I'm sure my part in this meeting is done for the moment. Since I need to debrief Adenna, I'll end here and make my way up there to hand out a few missions, as well as to collect a few others to help me with Darkfire. >>

Faust.

Onderin felt a very un-Jedi-like surge of hate swell up in him at the name. He'd thought the man finally dead, but had known in the back of his mind that such a thing was too good to be true. No, it was more likely that he had slithered under a rock to scheme for a while and devise the best way to shatter the fragile galactic peace. Faust had been a thorn in Onderin's side for the duration of the war, whether he was acting with the Empire, the Sith, or on his own. There was not a single being in the galaxy that had taken more lives and yet still roamed free.

The Jedi Master frowned. It was true that Faust was under galactic pardon, and the weight of the crimes that had been stricken from the books encouraged him to keep that record clean, but the man was more than an average villain. Onderin held no doubt in his mind that any attempt by Faust to make himself look reformed or helpful would only serve some darker purpose, putting him in a position to deal the most damage when his true motives came to light.

Still he considered. Faust could be extremely elusive when he pleased. Finally Onderin spoke. "I don't see any danger in letting him come before us," he said. "Darex is right--even Faust does not have the resources to harm us here. Let him make his proposition, but evaluate it with a critical eye. At the very least, we might be able to use this to keep track of him. It's better to have a potential enemy you can see than a definite one that you cannot."

3C12kbA.png

There is nothing good in war. There is good in why we fight them.

The Force was always testing. It tested ones mettle, ones mind, ones heart, and ones spirit. Today it was testing everything that Damon had.

Furion had declared himself a threat. If his real name was Julio or not did not matter. He had proclaimed himself Dark Lord. As a result he knew who the first half of the vision was now. It was some thing he still had to show the council, but another more serious matter had arose.

Faust...

The records said he was cleared of all past crimes and was no longer a criminal. The galaxy had deemed him pardoned, and for that reason alone Damon would not touch him unless he violated the peace here. The force had its own will, but it also knew that it must follow the rules of man from time to time.

His name was already mentioned as a means to stop Faust if need be. His input was valued in this matter it would seem.

"Bring him aboard. He will remain untouched unless he acts in a manner that is harmful. He knows who is here and what he is walking into. Let him speak I say. "

Dashel sat quietly, evaluating his initial response and evaluating the emotion behind his words and why he felt that way. Knowing that the short time he had to look at his response inadequate to understand his feelings on the matter, he opted for what he knew to be the right course. Oddly enough, he knew his feelings mirrored in some ways the day that Master Kitt's pronouncement first made its way across the Jedi holonet channels.

"Very well, let us hear him out."

"Well then its agreed. He is coming in."

Opening a channel to the ship outside Damon in haled sharply. This was the closest thing to the devil in the flesh and he was coming on the EV of his own free will. The force help us all.

"Faust. Your granted access to land. A security escort will be there to meet you as well as I, Master Damon. Land when your ready. " He didn't wait for permission or ask for it. Of all the people on this ship he was best suited to deal with the man who was about to land and he has had his own fair share of personal encounters with the man before.

As the message was sent the Exorcist made his way to the docking bay quickly and awaited the arrival of the newest guest.

Faust takes the Bhelliom into a slow and steady course, docking it in the hangar. Before exiting his ship, he sets up the ship's automated security systems, as well as protocols in case the Jedi were able to try, much less succeed in taking him prisoner or even, laughably as it seemed, kill him. The cockpit snaps open, giving the hunter just enough time to hop out and land with a metallic clang on the floor of the hanger before snapping shut again. Faust straightens his trench coat with his gauntletted hands and even smooths back his shorting blond hair a bit. He turns, sensing his escort approach, a beacon of brilliance in the lines of the Force.

Faust's eyes narrow sharply, the blue turning icier still as he recognizes Damon's approach. The hunter's hand almost strays towards his Sith Sword, still openly hanging in his belt scabbard, remembering how the Jedi Exorcist burned him with lightside fire and almost got all of them killed by Faust's apprentice-bomb when she went off during the battle at Gala. Faust's eyes remain chilly as his smile widens, the latter never touching the former. Giving a grand bow, Faust's tone is light and arrogant, though there is still a tension in his movements, senses alert and peeled on the Jedi Exorcist.

"Master Damon," he states with an overdone formality. "I thought I sensed a powerful lightside presence aboard the Vigilance. An apt escort for one such as myself indeed," he states, eyes searching the Jedi, his smirk now provocative. "I don't believe I've seen you since... ah yes, was it Gala? I did lose track of the Order, and even my dear padawan after that. Ahh, so, so much fun from the old days, but with the Sith on the rise again, those old days are back, are they not? The peace of this Galactic Alliance is such a fragile thing, so easily broken..." Faust deliberately steps in front of the Jedi, his back turned to the man, Force senses and ears keen and alert as always when he assumes such a position of apparent vulernability. The hunter clasps his hands together behind his back as if relaxing on a liesurely stroll, his posture almost giving that impression though still not shedding the aura of coiled tension for one walking boldly into the heart of enemy territory, nor the fact something might still be defensively hidden up his sleeves and ready at a moment's notice. "I'll take the lead so you can keep your eyes on me," he offers, "and unlike with your former Grandmaster Ara, I have no interest in removing those for from their sockets as long as things stay civil. Shall we proceed?"

Dahar knew of Faust. It was him who had destroyed the temple, before the most recent attack, that Kirlocca had rebuilt as the praxeum. He also knew of the Lusef Aryan identity.

The Jedi Master nodden when Kirlocca mentioned his name. With his brethren he was more than ready to respond to whatever happened.

He didn't speak on the matter, he knew his friends were doing the right thing. He did however take a deep breath and beckon the Force into him. It always strengthened his physical abilities and kept him alert, which may be needed in this situation.

As usual Faust was all bravado, and to make matters complicated, more than able and willing to back it up. He was trying to unnerve and get underneath the skin of his targets. Their last encounter had it left its mark on the hunter of hunters and for the newest guest, it was one that Damon was not afraid to bring up again. If he was ready to draw his blade just by seeing the Exorcist, clearly there was enough mutual dislike of each other. There was no return of a smile, just a hot stare from his orange eyes. If the blue ice of the Sith could freeze a mans soul, the fire from the Jedi could burn a mans soul.

. "I'll take the lead so you can keep your eyes on me. And unlike with your former Grandmaster Ara, I have no interest in removing those for from their sockets as long as things stay civil. Shall we proceed?"

Old dogs can’t learn new tricks, Faust was proof of that. Moving in step behind him with his staff at the ready, looking for the slightest hostility, he decided to play the game that Faust wanted.

“You can walk ahead of me all you wish. As long as you are on this ship, you will not come to harm from any Jedi. Of this you have my word, however that will only last as long as you keep your good form.” He was silent for a moment. He let the thought of those words hang in the air so that it would imply his intent should he waiver and act out. “Your playing with fire at the moment and I would hate to see you get burned. Oh wait, you already felt that once before.”

Faust had smiled earlier and now Damon decided to follow suit. Just enough to show that he was enjoying the verbal spar, but not enough to show he enjoyed having to harm a person. Both men were walking a thin line of tension so tight that a breath would break it.

Nearing the meeting room the escort was called to a halt.

“This is your final warning from me Faust. Speak your plan and speak your mind. If you however even so much as touch the darkside while in this room I will turn you into your own personal funeral pyre. “

Bring his staff up and down quickly a white glow emanated and dispearesed in the hall way and into room. It marked it a sanctuary of the light. Faust would feel some discomfort while here but nothing more than a nauseated feeling and small headache. As long as he did not touch the dark side of the force he would feel minimum effect for the spell he just cast.

The door opened to the chamber. The other masters were all on alert and bathed in the force. No one was unprepared for the man before them.

“Go head Faust. Your party waits. Let’s make it a pleasant one shall we?”

Faust's eyes remain slightly out of focus as he follows in front of Damon, mentally meditating on both his plan of action and presentation for the Jedi Council. As Damon makes his quip about fire, Faust pauses, turning his head to give one rejoinder. His tone is flat, but delivered with a serious edge.

"Fire is my element, Jedi, and the element of the Sith you so desperately are trying to fight. It is fire that will immolate this galaxy, and your precious order if left unchecked, so do not presume to warn me about playing with fire. Your light illuminates, but these fires only consume, flaring before leaving darkness. If you did not fear this at some level, you would not have bothered to hear me out." Faust continues he walk. "My darkness, my fire, my shadow burns longest of all across this galaxy, only rivaled and surpassed by the Sith of old: Vader, Sidious, Exar-Kun, Revan, Nadd, Sadow, and Ragnos. And yet, fire can preserve as it destroys, just as harvesters will create firebreaks to save the greater forest as the expense of the lesser."

Stopping outside the Council's chamber, Faust turns once more to flash a grin as Damon gives his warning. "Showtime."

Stepping boldly in the midst of the Jedi Council, Faust's face remains expressionless, showing neither fear, nor contempt, a mask. His eyes meet each of the masters in turn, including Kirlocca's holoprojection, then finally settles on the very obvious bloodstains littering the floor.

"Someone's been killed here. That would explain the dark taint I felt earlier," he announces, ignoring the assembled Jedi to walk over and examine the pooling and splattering of blood, eyes only flicking to see where it sprayed on the assembled masters. "Whoever died, died standing, multiple wounds while the body was under enormous pressure. Unless this individual offended your order or reminded Kirlocca of his father's abuse," he states, having heard a while back in his circles about the false memory Geki implanted at one time, "this would have to be the work of a Sith, here in the very heart of the Vigilance. Fascinating." Faust's head pivots back to Damon, and while still expressionless, his eyes convey a single line of meaning from their earlier conversation.

I told you so.

"And if it was a Sith," he states, carefully picking up a dagger by the hilt, and bringing it close to study it. "this was the murder weapon and the means." His eyes remain fixed on it for the longest time. While absent from the galaxy and in hiding, Faust was far from idle and had focused on two things- building secret inroads into figures through the Galactic Alliance, and researching further the lost arts of Sith alchemy and sorcery. The dagger was new to him, but not entirely unfamiliar in concept. Aware that is brandishing a tainted weapon like that probably has his jittery hosts at the very edge, he places the bloodstained weapon back down, leaving it in the middle of his assembled hosts.

"I think there's a story behind this and I think it's one I should hear. If I had to guess, this artifact did not find its way into your hands by accident. I would guess either something from an archeological find, or something pilfered from one of the Sith's Temples. Something so innocuous and it's already struck here in the heart of the Order." Faust's tone is even, level, and at once commanding. While feared, he also could lead, and was not above leading troops into battle with the same, voice, bristling with a cool intensity. "I'll be blunt. I don't know what the current leadership of the Sith is like, though I would guess they had a hand in this incident to demonstrate their power. I've heard that Geki and Ar-Pharazon are in CoreSec custody, so that leaves precious few candidates left to unite the order, but all of them are still deadly. They lack a leader last I heard and are lashing out blindly, then going underground." The unspoken implication: If it were me leading them, they would be deadlier still.

"The Galactic Alliance would appear to be threatened by this new order and overt violence. There is a certain brazeness to their actions I have heard of. I would not have its stability threatened, though my reasons, I assure you, are very different from yours." Faust flashes a toothy grin at that, the all but spoken implication: I would subvert it for my own ends instead of wrecking it through force. Their plans have disrupted mine and forced me into the open. "Your order follows a typical pattern, run and hide, train and wallow for the next battle, but your order is hopelessly reactionary and rarely proactive. In this grand galactic game, the Sith make the first moves and the Jedi struggle to keep up." Faust augments his movements, striding with purpose between the various Jedi leaders, meeting each of them again in turn with his eyes- still cold, blue and pitless, but shining.

"I've decided to offer my skills to CoreSec and your order if you can meet my price. I know battle, I know the dark side, and I know your opponents, and they are far worthier than you. You know I hold the light side in contempt, one half of an uncaring Force that fuels endless cycles of battle and conflict. Light rises up and grows soft, consumed from without, descending into chaos, the Dark rises up and rots under its own power as its consumed from within, descending into chaos as well. And yet the Dark empowers, it is stronger, harsher, and has the will to power and triumph." His eyes glitter.

"You are right to suspect me, knowing I merely use you form my own ends while our paths intersect. You fear I will even subvert you, but I say now, my very presence in this room is doing that, just by existing, as it always will! I can feel your anger and hatred for those of your order I've wronged."

His eyes flicker to Darex. "Like Darla," he states.

To Dashel, "Like my dear Padawan Kari or maybe Jedi Master Adi-Wan Twinova."

To Damon and Dahar, "Or perhaps Aerec or Arlan."

To Onderin, "especially Aryian and Armenia Darkfire... though I think the husband prefers to be called Darth Ares as he is one of us."

To Kirlocca, "And other finally even Grand Masters even, like Ara."

Adding to the mocking tone here, Faust makes sure as he states the name of the individual Jedi, his cybernetic voicebox captures the voices of each of the fallen, dead, or vanished Jedi perfectly as if they were saying their very names aloud in this room.

"Your anger and hatred make you powerful, but righteous anger and fury can be your weapon, even if hands other than yours wield it. You have the will, and may even be able to win and keep your philosophies of the Asha in its war against the Bogan, but you at some level fear this is inadequate, or else why am I here?" he asks the last again for the assembled Council.

Talking a step back, he slowly reaches into his trenchcoat and draws out a cigar just as slowly so as not to alarm the Jedi. With casual disregard, he plucks it into his mouth and throwing Damon's warning to the winds, summons a spark of Force lightning to ignite the tip of his cigar. The powerful lightside force in the room hits him with a twist in his gut, but Faust's willpower keeps him from showing any sign of it. As all artists know, mastery of a trick is making it appear effortless, even casual.

"I know I'm hated, even by an order such as yours that eschews such basic emotions and I'm under no illusions about my welcome. I may even be your worst enemy, but I'm still potentially the best ally you have in this fight against your current foes if they have the potential to undo the Alliance and its unified umbrella for the Galaxy. Think about it. The alternatives," he states, taking a puff on his cigar, "well, the next bloodsplattered bodies to decorate this room may be yours if you do not stop the Sith in time. It's your move, Jedi. Do you react, trying to catch up with foes one step ahead of you? Or do you try to cut them off and beat them at their own game?"

As Faust entered the room, Darex studied him carefully. He looked on the man with no hatred; Faust was what he was, and he was true to that. While he had caused Darex massive personal harm as well as being responsible for the slaughter of thousands, Darex didn't hate him. He didn't approve of the man--by no means--but he didn't need a mask of indifference to hide his true feelings.

As he listened to Faust's proposal, he grew astonished. He is proposing the exact same thing as Furion. That caused him to lean back in his chair. What is going on? Ar-Pharazon and Geki turn themselves over to CoreSec, and Furion and Faust both ask to work for the Order. Taken by themselves, these were remarkable, if unrelated incidents, but this was just one interesting coincidence too much. And that got Darex wondering just what exactly the Sith were up to. It gave him a bad feeling.

The other interesting thing in Faust's proposal was the assumption that the Jedi were still operating under the same policies that they had under previous grandmasters, most recently Kitt Fitt. It showed Darex just how much the idea of the Jedi sitting back and doing nothing was ingrained in the minds of the people of the galaxy. That needed to change. But it was ironic and caused Darex his first measure of uneasiness to hear the decisions that this Council had just agreed on being proposed by one of the most notorious Sith in the history of the galaxy. If he thought it was a good idea, was it really the best decision for the Jedi Order?

When Faust finished, Darex was the first to speak. "The death you refer to," he said, gesturing to the blood stain and dagger, "was perpetrated by the new Dark Lord, Master Furion, as a declaration of his power and position to this Council. What is interesting is that just a few days ago, Furion had come to myself and Master Starlisk and offered the same as you are offering now: to work with our Order. He begged us to help him destroy the Sith, for he viewed them as a stagnant, cancerous Order where the only solution would be to wipe them out and start over. He, too, had a price to his help. But before we could even agree to it, he retracted his statement, employed violence to escape in a situation where he was not a prisoner any more than you are now, and ran back to the Sith. And now we find that he has declared himself Dark Lord and is determined to wage war on the galaxy."

He clasped his hands in front of him. "So you can imagine that your proposition coming on the heels of that is a little late. Why should we trust that you are not playing the same game?"

Faust was a master of subterfuge, and he never did anything that didn't profit him directly. Whatever his reasons for wanting the continuation of the GA, they were his own, and Darex was sure they would come back and haunt the Order in the future. Darex didn't believe that he and Furion were not already working together; the only question was why they were both taking this same approach.

FDY9u6P.png

At hearing Furion's name, Faust shows a moment of actual surprise, with the mask on his face breaking and one eyebrow arching up- a subtle, but telling sign. He quietly stubs out the cigar on the wall behind him and puts it back in his pocket, eyes rapt at Darex tells his story. His eyes close for a moment, meditating. The silence breaks, when Faust laughs, enjoying the rich irony. He was too late, too slow, and events had moved past him. The laughter stops and a crease appears on his brow before fading.

"The short answer? Furion is playing the same game as I, though he has moved faster than I anticipated, both in approaching your order, and when that failed, moving back to the Sith to reform that order in his image. This places me in a quandry," he states, opening his eyes again. There is laughter in them, but his voice is subdued, pondering this course of events. "Furion is more than competent as Dark Lord of the Sith and may not be anathema to my plans, and I owe him a certain debt of sorts." Faust chuckles. "Ahh, this is too rich, and quite the dilema... You see, my dear Jedi, I was Julio Furion's master and teacher."

He pauses, scanning the room, letting each of the assembled Jedi Masters consider the full implications of what that meant.

"I took him under my wing after he lost his memory and had a very... messy incident in escaping a hospital on Onderon before finding him. He learned from me, and learned very much very fast from beyond when we last met. I think you can attest to that yourselves." His eyes dart back up to the dagger and then to the pool of blood. "He is sane, he is calculating, and subtle, yes subtle, and don't let that show of power there fool you. My offer..." he thinks quietly. "My offer may still stand, but I will need to think about this further. The pieces of the board have been rearranged without my knowledge." That last comes out in a low growl, mixed with a faint hint of admiration. "My own goals may not be hindered by this," he states honestly, "though I also have no desire to lose the pardon I've earned by rejoining the Sith since i've come to enjoy my freedom of mobility. I may be able to help you anticipate his moves, especially since we share the same long term views. The big question I need to ask now is why should I? Both betray a kindred spirit, and to what personal gain?" He stops. "Of course, the other question," he asks, flashing his teeth and savoring the irony. "Is can you afford the price of what refusing my help may cost you all now?"

Damon's brow was moist. Because he had done so quickly and as such used the power stored with in the staff to channel his desired effect, he was sustaining the sanctuary though his own ability and not making it permanent. still his body never moved or show any sign of the toll that it was taking to maintain such an effect. It was nothing in comparison to the efforts he was taking to not stop Faust endless taunts and banter.

It was however one name that was spoken that changed everything.

Julio....

It was the name in his vision. It was the name given by the force as it struck down the light and the Jedi in the galaxy. Faust was his former teacher and now he was offering his former apprentice to the Order if they were willing to pay the price. The question now became what was the price?

He stared at Faust eyes and body features. They were emotionless, cold, and blank. His mask hid him from all in the room. At the same time he was plain to any who looked. While he might not be nervous, he was highly aware he was on the edge. He had called out every Jedi gathered here today. Called in to play their own failures. Then finally he had offered them a temptation to the dark side. He might have considered his words a subversion and an attempt at weakness. For Damon though it showed his own weakness. He would not have tried to pry with darkness if he was not concerned with his potions here. Now was a time to see how he would react when he was jarred.

If anything Fast as usual was a mysterious and dangerous man. To treat him as anything else would only lead to danger.

"Faust. Your Julio has surpassed you as of this moment. I was granted a vision while cleansing the temple where that dagger came from. Take it or leave it, but never have I been granted a vision of the Order being destroyed. I was called back from the great expanse by the force to aid at Gala." He stopped and looked at everyone around. He hoped they would listen and take his words to their fullest extent.

"Now the force has shown me a grand battle. It will engulf the galaxy in red. It was fought between two bodies. One of light and one of darkness. Both were even till the light split. Then both were struck down quickly. At the end a name was given for the darkness.Julio."

His vision from the force finally given to all around. It haunted him still. The violence and the knowledge that it was coming. "Now we have a Dark Lord who is called Furion. You tell us his first name is Julio. I do not wish to believe the words you say. At the moment though, the Jedi are lead by two who claim the name Grand Master, and now the Sith are lead by Furion."

Damon made his implications, and they were far from light. They were serious and would have repercussions for long to come. "Your price will be steep. Your tactics sharp as always waiting for us to fall. I will hear your terms and your final offer. No more games and no more tricks. Speak plainly. The force shows us things for a reason, and because of it I am listening. For it I will consider your price and might even pay it. So speak or leave us be to plan our next move."

Dashel sat quietly, listening to what his fellow masters said, what Faust said, and trying to see past the needs of the order to the larger picture of what lay behind. When Damon told his story and made his demand, Dashel felt his lips pull themselves into a smile that failed to touch his eyes. Faust's earlier offer had been the sweetest of traps; barely avoided due to the timely interjection of information the Sith Lord claimed to not have.

It felt odd waiting for a Sith to make demands upon the Jedi, but Dashel supposed that the order's code could be stretched to allow for such an eventuality. Still, he felt odd and disquieted by what the order's leadership was willing to undergo. He wandered, once again, how to change the order's stagnancy without changing the nature of the order itself.

In the end, despite shifting uncomfortably in his seat several times, Dashel remained silent, waiting and watching for the clue to unravel the reason behind the creeping sensation of danger from the Force.

Faust turns and faces Damon, his smile wide and bold.

"Have you ever wondered why the Force allows us foresight into the future?" he asks aloud. "I have heard many theories and many thoughts on the subject, not only from Jedi and Sith, but also even scientists and scholars. We can manipulate time and space to a degree, or else we would end up centuries into the future from the shortest of journies into hyperspace. Prophecy is not absolute, my dear boy, it's a matter of probability." Faust's confidence can be felt to wax as he spoke, believing with certainty the ground on which he walked. "The Force is all around us, everywhere, a thousand eyes, a thousand angles, all seeing. Prophecy and presense, that clarivoyant edge is merely tapping into the Force's best guess, the assumed outcome of all its knowledge on where it thinks the future will go from what it senses. It helps your order, but it is blind in the Dark as the Light side does not see there. The Jedi, the Light side cannot gaze into the Dark side of the Force as it clouds all, even as the Light can blind the Dark. Even your betters, figures of power and legend such as Yoda and Windu could only sense its curtain drawing. It is said Windu only sensed a trap to destroy the order when it was well in Palpatine's noose. You are flying blind in the Dark here, so do not presume."

Faust casually strolls back towards the assorted Jedi, stepping up to them. "My terms are as follows. I believe this will be a critical battle, a war even. I want the tools I need to lead it. That means the ability to give direction within the order, within your allies, and to those who might take up the cause. I do not fight losing battles either, so I want a show of power, proof you can do what needs to be done." Faust casually picks up the dagger again, studying it. "Julio has surpassed me. In malice and viciousness, no, but in direction and power based on the resources he has marshalled." He holds up to the light, studying it carefully, then places it down again. "I may be able to offer the means to locate him for you, but there will be two prices that need to be met for that. My first price is simple and will secure my counsel, and can be met here, though another chamber within the Vigilance might suit us better."

Drawing into a battle pose, Faust boldly rests his hand on the hilt of his Sith sword.

"I am unconvinced that you all, the best the Jedi Order has to offer, can stop the Sith. Select two of your best champions and we will duel. If you can subdue me, my sword is yours."

His claims. Yes he was right, the dark side clouds all. The vision does not mean it would come true. A vision is only one path that can be walked in the near infinite selections of life. The current path though was always meant to come. Faust never gives anything easy. He would want to give command with in the Order and have ability over other Jedi. To prove the Order was even worth leading under him they would have to first subdue him in a duel. He was laying terms with no gain for the Order than to be blessed to have him as a commanding voice. Win or lose, Faust would not have that control with out some thing to keep him in balance.

Breaking his sanctuary effect the metal staff in his hand dimmed.

"Your terms are not that unreasonable Faust. There is one issue though that comes to my mind. You want to lead us and give command to the Order and those who fight with in it. We are not your former Empire or even Sith. While I am not the Grand Master I would like to lay out a conditional. Your ability in battle is with out question, the nature of your character leaves to much to chance. We have no reason to believe you would give consul to us that could lead us to victory honestly. If the Grand Masters approve of this, any of your orders can and will be over ridden by the Grand Master."

It was a bold term that could cloud the lines of command. If there was any conflict of belief in the right choice at that moment it could cost lives. It was a required term though in the mind of the Exorcist. Faust could not be allowed to lead uncontested.

"If the Order needs to prove its worth to you that we can not only go to war once more, but that we can end it in our favor, I will stand to prove it." A flat expression covered Damon's face. Faust has bested him in every meeting. Not once had Damon walked away from battle with him in any thing that could be considered a victory. That was then though. He turned his face to Darex and the hologram of Kirrocla.

"That is of course is the Grandmasters will allow me. Otherwise I say any master here will be able to show our resolve and the strength of our will."

And with that she was done waiting around. It was time to explore. Lighting another cigarette Ariel left the room. Leaving the cigarette in her mouth she tied her hair in a low ponytail. So many of the other Jedi were looking at her in weird ways.

"Judgmental Asses." She muttered under her breath.

She walked through the station, feeling a great source of power with this new found power of hers she went to investigate. It was like Damon's but it was larger, then there was that other one same kind of power...but darker. It intrigued her. This was all new so any info would be good. Shaking her carton, Ariel found she only had a few left...then it was onto her special smokables. And those were supposed to be for a special time. Mumbling more to herself she wandered her way towards what she hoped was a vendor.

Wandering into the room she looked lost, looking around she was easily picked out by one of the attendees.

"Are you lost?" The older women questioned.

"Um.." Glancing around she looked back at the woman. "I'm looking for some of these." Ariel showed her the pack of smokes.

"Sorry...we don't stock those..." She said awkwardly. "Maybe now is the time to quit."

"Well don't we sound all high and mighty..." Ariel glared. She wasn't above quitting, it's just that she didn't want to. Frick these jerks. Before they woman had time to reply, Ariel spun around and left the room. On her way back to the ship she caught a glimpse of what she assumed was the dark energy she felt earlier. Then there was Damon right behind the figure. Slipping out of sight real fast, she didn't want to get into trouble for leaving the computer. They passed, then she was back on her way.

Sitting back down at the computer she lit a special smokable, and continued to read.

Dahar, holding true to his character, remained silent. Being raised in the battle arenas of Adumar he was never much of a conversationalist. He was however a trained fighter from a young age, even before his Jedi training. Now, as a Master of the Order and Jedi Guardian, he had honed his body to near human perfection, using the Force to grant him abilities most would never achieve. He was a master with his weapon, and was nearly finished with his training in the art of Wru'torr. Aside from his physical abilities he held the skills expected of a Jedi Master. His weakness, however, was a hatred for the Sith. Although these emotions were valid, they were indeed emotions. This was dangerous for a Jedi, especially the emotion of hate. Would it drive him with a justifiable fire, or lead him to descend the Dark Path?

After Damon spoke Dahar stood, also looking to the Grandmasters awaiting their decision, his hand instinctively moving to the lightsaber at his side.

Kirlocca took a moment to think about what exactly was purposed. He felt a little withdrawn from the situation, being that he wasn't actually on the station. But he took a moment to look around to see what exactly their opinions were through the Force, or at least what he could feel off of them through his long distance. He more or less ignored Faust, more directly the words he spoke to him. Kirlocca had spent too much time around Sith who attempted to get into mental battles and wars. Faust was no different. But beyond the his disconnect from the situation, Kirlocca allowed his eyes to rest on Damon rather than Faust or Darex.

<< I trust you Damon. You may go through with it with my blessing. >>

Kirlocca than turned his head towards Darex to see what he would say on the situation.