Kamino

Tarrian Skywalker

The squirming vendetta was crushed without even a whisper released into the living world, just another insect beneath the foothold of men, no ”“ Gods. Their dying pleas were snuffed before shadows that once were deemed their own, but had soon betrayed everything they lived for. Black was replaced with blood. It was amusing that those around him had no trace or even a hint at that, of where such a prominent figure had dispersed too.

He was here, and then he was gone.

It was all they were left with, and in spite of that they ran with it. Brimming austerity burned within new riveting eyes, voiceless irritations quivered in a silent tone, and this tongue of creative description could barely fathom it all the same. Instead of returning from the depths of obscurity with new weapons, or new items of windfall destruction; he returned with perspective anew. It took only a short hiatus to realize when Exodus did truly fall, none would be there to even witness it, and this reality left him pivoted in the fiercest darkness feasible ”“ A loneliness bound to surmise paranoia.

Lately, a question of faith had risen within the preponderance of businesses, brotherhoods, friendships and servitudes, a question that would not remain smothered beneath pillows of ambition. Instead, at every turn, it reared its nasty head. This was never a new discovery though, this abandoned disposition ”“ rather, it was quite the contrary.

The entire crew basked in a similar silence, questioning nothing while becoming more akin to the phenomenal genius that commanded the ship. The constant echo of gentle movement pacing its way to and fro was the only sound to be heard as they descended upon Kamino. Of course, this majestic star destroyer was authorized to the tooth and already held in the highest regard among the Empire and thus their quick transaction ferried through.

--

”œAs would I”

P3UXctm.gif

Dominique closed her eyes, tilting her head forward slightly at the sound of his voice. First came the physical result, even though she managed to maintain hold over most of her body she still felt the chill run down her spine as she pulled in a breath. It had been far to long since she had last seen and heard him, the sound of his voice almost lost from her memory.

She was comforted by his presence, yet at the same time she was appalled, feeling as if he was spying on her. Disappearing so long only to reappear when she sought out another for advice, didn't he trust her? The rush of thoughts and emotions were concealed beneath her calm façade, hidden from them with relative ease. She was about to speak, but stopped when she heard the next sentence. That he dared utter such a think struck a cord deep within her.

Sorrow welled up and intermingled with rage, the two were old friends from times long gone. After so long, he chose to come back now. To think that she was showing this freshly acquired ability to Oblivion with thoughts of romance in mind”¦She couldn't look either of them in the eyes; rather she turned her face towards the ground for a moment.

Without a word she lifted her hands and allowed the door way she had created to fade away. She moved through the hallway quickly as if she could escape the most over powering feeling buried so deeply within her. The one she had been harboring for the last weeks, the one that had spawned all the thoughts of misplaced allegiances and emotions. She felt so very weak, so”¦ vulnerable .

Into the turbolift she went, hitting the proper button and simply pressing herself into the back corner of the tiny room. She felt so lost, like a young girl that had traveled down the wrong path and ended up lost in a dark forest, terrified for her life and jumping at every slight sound and movement. She had traveled down a dark path, and it seemed more and more like it had been the wrong path. The words from Exodus had only just tipped the bucket. She had used the thought of him to comfort her, to help ease the discord of her thoughts.

Before she knew it she was in her room, moving across it and pulling her legs up tight to her small body as she sat in the corner of her bed. She cursed herself, knowing she should have more control, but as the first hot tear burned down her cheek she couldn't deny how good it felt to let it out.

((Hey..the quote below my sig isn't completely true, Dom so isn't a power ranger.. ))

Carnage.jpg

Dominique.

Perhaps she was overly embarrassed to be wedged in such a pitiable act, or perchance there was more in the wake of it all. She had left with not a word to spare, and that alone inclined the latter. Slowly, the dreaded and the moreover torn cloak descended to the floor as if losing its vivacious vibrancy altogether. A single finger rested upon an inconspicuous desk, tapping along in queue with the foreboding silence. This must've been strange to the fervent Oblivion, but indulgence was the least of worries coming from him, after all he was what they'd call ”“ A Krath.

”œI doubt butter would even melt in her mouth.”

P3UXctm.gif

She glanced up slowly as he made his presence known. Her delicate sapphire orbs took in first his appearance then that of the dress he held. It was nothing short of an amazing work of art. The gems reflected lights all around the room, leaving light show display for her to look upon. She had never even had a dress of her own, due to her up bringing and after the first few seconds it was simply another piece of cloth, decorated with gems that could be put to better use elsewhere.

Yet; if he was willing to offer up such a lavish dress, perhaps he would also offer up the perfect time to wear it. She couldn't deny that she wondered how good it would look on her, of course she'd have to get the accessories to go with it. She cast a glance to the side, taking in the roses around her with a faint smile.

No, damnit.

She calmly strolled towards the single window in the room. She was silent for a few minutes, simply watching the rain pound the cityscape outside. She thought over what she would do, keeping careful watch over her emotions and thoughts. She despised the fact that around people in her order that they were never completely her own.

She turned and faced Exodus, offering up and a smile and crossing the room quickly. She took the dress in her hands, looking it over closely and running her hands over it to feel the material.

”œYou're to kind, bringing me this dress that I most likely will never be able to wear makes up for those long periods of time I am forced to not only be without you, but not even hear from you in some form or fashion.”

Carnage.jpg

Having left to find the library, Roshan decided to start from the beginning. He hated the idea of reading. It wasn't something he favored. It was boring and it was on a rather irrelevant subject. The only thing mattered was what his master thought the Sith were, what they should do, and what she wanted him to do. The rest was just dogma and words.

However, Roshan wasn't going to complain. She had asked him to take up this task and he would do just that. Plus, he was still healing inside, although it looked like he was completely healed on the outside. He would probably be sore for a few days, anyways. He could use something less strenuous until he was 100%.

So he began. The history of the Sith... He read and read and read...

I wonder what Master is doing right now. I have a feeling we aren't the only force sensitives here anymore.

Tiana had indeed stowed herself away, as in the confused observation of her near drunken master. Though of course he was probably sober now, and of course she hadn't really observed much of the going ons through the Force. As per the last, and standing orders, she had been ordered to make a dagger, and she had. Being the desperately annoying workaholic that she was, after reasoning that the balance sucked, she had started again.

It can be summarized (it being the past absense) by the fact that Tiana is a freaking perfectionist who doesn't know how to stop working, and doesn't have much of a sense of the very theory of free time.

It was probably for the better, anyway. If she had been disturbed before being allowed to finish, she would've just went back to it and worked herself dry anyway. Trust me. I've seen the character work herself til she collapses just because she has to get it done...

<>

Tiana finally finished, being more than a bit tired, grimy, and for that matter, bloody. The fact stood: now that she had stopped focusing on one thing, she was able to pick up that Oblivion was back from wherever he had went.

Not like it mattered. If he was back, he was back, and if he needed to find her, he could make it known again.

Probably did. I'm just too...

Bleh.

Tiana sighed, still needing proper clothing, and went to reclean herself up.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

The haunting spectre that was his old comrade's presence, though it lacked physical form, was felt as his sweeping aura first entered. Intrigued by the pathway that reeked of a foreign and disturbing nature, even though it was not his first encoutner with the like, the scientist would have undoubtedly have wanted to witness the true extent of the conjurered plane. Rather, she seemed to leave in quite a rush, as did his friend, offering up into the air one last time before his aura had once again faded from him.

”œI would be surprised if it did, as well”¦ Just be sure to close the door when you're done running after her. We can talk later,”

Oblivion.jpg

”œAll worlds begin in darkness. In darkness, all worlds shall end.”

There were some times when words did not suffice to answer a situation. There were some times when there were no words. Tiana didn't bother to reply to him, letting him leave before setting the weapon back down and searching out something else.

Pen and paper.

In a universe where so very few people took ink to blank page, the motion of writing a message by hand perhaps meant something a bit more than the impersonality of Aurebesh typed onto a datapad.

Her handwriting, unpractised, was the carefully shaped and neat font of a person who hadn't wrote enough to develop their own style.

You misinterpet me. If you called me, I didn't hear you. My goal is not to turn my blade against you. But interpet how you will. I can't prevent you.

Why do you presume my heart doesn't yearn? Do you really need me to say I missed you? I thought you would've had a strong enough attunement to who I was through the Force to know.

You do confuse me. Do you want a Sith, a girlfriend, or a slave?

If it aids your emotional state, I did indeed miss you and found that it was easier to distract myself with hard work than think about it. I appologize if this has brought you to other conclusions.

Tiana

The awkward note was folded in half and tossed onto his desk, rather than her bothering to speak and disturb him. After all, he was working.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

The sharp edge of the pen fell silent at the direct moment the folded paper fell upon the desk. Slipping away from his grip, it laid down horizontally as the man immediately thrusted himself upright off the seat, propelled by his two arms bracing against the flat edges. Without even taking a second glance towards the piece of parcel, Oblivion grasped it tight within his fist, the pieces cascading down between his taught fingers.

”œEnough”¦ You know exactly what I want. Don't play coy. It's most unflattering”¦ And you should atleast have the courage to speak around me. Or am I that uncomfortable to be around?”

Oblivion.jpg

"So we're at this point?" she asked in a clear vivid voice that indicated she wasn't shy in the least. "Where neither of us understand each other, but we've forced ourselves into a position where we should? If you need to presume things about me, you hardly understand me, Master Tethyn."

Tiana gave him a bit of a half grin. "I'm hardly shy. I'm simply quiet. I prefer not to speak when all I have to say is presumptions made over the matter of moments.

"You know what I mean? You're neglecting a fact. I have commited to something. To being here. To speaking, even though you insist on overriding me with your personality presumptions. I'm hardly playing coy.

"Guess what. I mean everything I say. Don't you just hate it?"

Her fingers curled absently around air. "So. If I'm so impossible, train me, then. Make me into your little slave girl, if you're afraid to let me have a personality."

spsig.jpg

Such words were not spoken before, not actualized or put into proper context until now. This only furthur validated the idea, inside his own mind, that his manner of perception while interwinded with duty and pratice dulled his senses, atleast gave the illusion that both could not be held at the same balance as they had before. This was also not just a matter of weakness on his behalf, but the means of advancement, broadening not only himself but those who he surronded himself with, came certain sacrifices. Sacrifices that could; no, would be made.

Braced against the same desk he had so dominantly stood, his neck lowered between the length of straight arms, locks of hair dangling past his face to show only the left portion of his face. The same portion which glared grimacingly, fueled by an entirely different emotion then expressed before.

”œYou were never a slave girl. As soon as you set foot inside this building, there was something more about you”¦ There always has been. You've grown so much since then, in light of my absence. How your roots were cut, only be reborn better, stronger, yet they do not embrace the same nuture as mine; even when soiled beneath its very heart.”

Oblivion.jpg

::An encrypted comm arrives for Oblivion, a request from Dagon to begin work on designing armor for two new divisions. The first is obliviator division, a heavy weapons division that will require powered servo armor to carry their weaponry and maintain mobility. The second is black steel division, a combat engineering division trained for fortifying and conducting sieges. Dagon stressed the need for breaching charges, laser cutters, and powerful sensors on their armor.::

MGw9G2u.jpg

Roshan knocked before entering the room. Greeting Dominique, Roshan began his report.

"My master, I am sorry to disturb you but after much study of the ancient and modern texts of the Sith I have come to my conclusions. Simply put, there are two prominent difference between the orders. The old Sith chose strength over longevity. The new sith order chooses longevity over strength.

But let me elaborate. The old Sith had leaders that dwarfed even those of our day. Such men as Exan Kun, Marka Ragnos, Dark Lord Revan, Naga Sadow, Darth Sidious, & Darth Bane were gods in their own rights. However, they all lacked longevity needed to truly expand their power indefinitely. On the other hand, the current Sith order focuses on longevity rather than struggle. Unity over betrayal. Because of that, they sacrifice the possibility that someone from the order will take over the dark mantle and once again conquer the galaxy. Instead, the power if divided cross many dark lords with their own dark agendas.

But more importantly, the strength in the old sith philosophies is overlooked. Here's what I mean. Think about the ancient sith. Betrayal was common place. It was dangerous. You had to always be on your guard. Many saw that as a weakness of the Sith. However, that wasn't where the weakness lay, which I will address in a moment.

The betrayal and ambition of the Sith actually made them powerful. It was because in order for a leader of their order to succeed, they had to be very strong. Plus, they had to constantly hone their skills and increase in power less they be surpassed by another. If that did happen, the more powerful one would assume leadership, thus perpetuating the power of the sith as a whole.

However, where the fault lay was in the apprentices. While many of the Sith masterminds were powerful leaders, strategists, and the like, their apprentices failed miserably. They were too preoccupied with overthrowing their masters, rather than improving their own leadership skills. The apprentices never had to prowess of their masters and time and time again they failed to fill their shoes after they had usurped them.

On the other hand, the new Sith order experiences much longevity in their leadership core. This is largely due to the threat of betrayal being so minimized. However, in order to once again rule the galaxy we need someone to take charge.

In the end, the new order is lacks the power of many of the old orders, but profits from a unity few had. If I was to relate it to a similar order, there are two that come to mind. The unity greatly reminds me in some ways of the Sith Brotherhood founded by Exar Kun. The only thing it lacks is an Exar Kun.

However, that's a key part. The leadership reminds me more of Lord Kaan's philosophy of 'Rule by the strong.' In his time, Kaan used it well to hide his own weakness and inability to properly rule. Thus, when several of his best Sith challenged him by declaring themselves Dark Lord of the sith, Kaan didn't have to fight for his title. Rather, he just made them all feel warm inside by playing on their vanity and giving them all the title of 'Dark Lord'. He then proclaimed that 'all are equal in the Brotherhood of Darkness.'

I would say our order fits that description well. We don't follow Bane's teaching of 'the Rule of Two.' However, we haven't formed a brotherhood with one strong leader and many lesser followers. Instead, we have many 'Dark Lords' who are vain enough to let a title satisfy their whims and ego, enough to not care about the leadership and strength of the sith. Rather than have to fight for the title of Dark Lord of the Sith and prove oneself deserving of such honor, when the time come we simply hand it over to whoever might feel like taking it for a spin. While 'friendships' are forged, galactic rule will never be reached unless unity of purpose is created. That can only happen if the Sith have a strong leader unite them.

Needless to say, I don't imagine I need to tell you how Kaan led his followers to their demise. But alas, that is the extent and summary of my findings. Chastise me for my bluntness if you find my discoveries offensive, but you and I both know that there is much truth to be found in my words."

Dominique admired the boldness of her apprentice, knocking but not waiting to be accepted inside before entering. Before she could say anything he spoke up and began to speak on what he had learned during his studies. She found it to be most impressive, most apprentices would study and never mention what they had discovered once they were finished.

She glanced towards Exodus, still holding the magnificent dress in her hands. She was curious what he thought of her apprentice. He had yet to respond to her, but she attributed that to him gathering his thoughts on the matter.

Without realizing it, Roshan had presented her with quite the opportunity that simply refused to turn down. As he spoke she moved across the room and began putting away the dress, but not before motioning for him to continuing speaking, after a moments time she stood before him once again. Even as he loomed over her with quite the height advantage she stood there, looking confident as ever.

”œVery good.”

Carnage.jpg

Roshan gleemed with pride at Master Hel's compliments. He did find it curious that she wasn't concerned about the 'Sith Empire.' It was good, however, that she was continuing to focus on honing her skills and powers. When asked about the force, Roshan took a moment to formulate a reply.

"The force? It is a powerful weapon, but just as dangerous to the user as it is for those it is being used against. Even a slave can become master if the master gives the slave too much freedom and power. The force, of course, is a wonderful tool to have. I just hate how it creates a 'cheating' atmosphere between opponents. But that is no matter, because the most important thing to any Sith is self-preservation. Through the force they can often insure such.

As for how the force operates, the ideals of Darth Ruin's philosophies come to mind. His teachings of moral relavitism and solipsism would be agreed with by many Sith. Still, one of the things that comes to mind the most was what one text had to say on the force. Similar to Darth Ruin's teachings of old, Leor Hal was expelled by the jedi counsel for a teaching he called Potentium.

According to the text, 'the Potentium was a particular way of viewing of the Force. Counter to millennia of Jedi teachings, the followers of Potentium claimed that there was no inherent evil in viewing the Force. They claimed that what others called the light side was actually just the Force itself, which is inherently good. What others called the dark side was a perversion of the Force, twisted by those who used it. Believers of Potentium said that the potential for light and dark sides resided in the user, not the Force itself. They also thought that the Jedi Masters refused to believe in Potentium because it would mean the Jedi were not needed to fight evil, for evil would not exist.'

At first this quote greatly confused me. However, after looking to the teachings further, I can't help but wonder if Darth Ruin and Leor Hal's philosophies didn't in fact have some merit. Truly, there is nothing wrong or inherently evil in testing the force to its absolute limits. The Potentium believed that the Force cannot push one into becoming evil; The Force is benevolent and its instructions were always for the good. They also believed that one's connection to the Force should not be limited or obstructed the way the jedi taught. But more importantly, they were on to something very powerful. In more simplified terms, The Potentium's beliefs make perfect sense. Is not a whole always stronger than a half? Likewise, that is the fundamental truth of those who embrace the Potentium. If a force user is truly able to embrace the Force, including both the perceived Light and Dark halves, they have access to unimaginable power and can become truly unbeatable. That's the key to the Potentium teachings.

It is no different for the Sith than any other force user. Perverting the force or not, one whole is always strong than a half."

Changing the vein of the conversation for a moment, though, Roshan querried, "I'm curious, my master. Why are you not concerned with the goings on of the empire?"

”œLet's get this straight first out. Never, ever underestimate anyone. There are those that could kill even Masters of the force using their gadgets and own martial prowess. The force is in no way a form of cheating, despite what some may think.

The Warriors of this order are skilled in more forms of combat then I'd like to count, they train day in and day out with the force”¦and in environments completely void of it. Their bodies are usually at the peak of perfection for their species. For another to say the Force is a crutch of any kind would be foolish, in fact the training to learn to skillfully harness it is far more rigorous then most other forms of combat, but there are those few that require more devotion then the force.

The force is Not inherently good and it is not inherently evil. Good and evil are subjective terms and what may be pure evil to one person, might be some common every day occurrence to another. The force”¦is the force. It is vast, and once you begin to use it for certain ends”¦in certain ways, other paths are cut off. The deeper you tread into dark territory, the harder it would be to use the force in a helpful manner such as healing someone.

In this case, I believe it is better to be specialized in one side of the force then try to use it as a whole, but that is up to the individual user and I am not one to stop a sharp mind from exploring new aspects of an ancient entity. ”œ

She stopped, turning to look at him. Her light blue eyes cut into him deeply, letting him know that he had brought up a topic she did not wish to discuss.

”œI will tell you this, and then I will say no more on the subject. This Empire, this brotherhood, this holy force of gods among peons as a whole mean nothing to me. Subjugating planets means nothing to me, enslaving or wiping out entire races that were deemed unclean mean nothing to me. I joined this order for one reason, I've lost that reason”¦and so now I will devote my time to my studies, and perhaps traveling here soon to assist one the eldest Krath.”

Carnage.jpg

Roshan nodded at the lady's words. Indeed, such teachings as Teri Kasi and Echani techniques may, in fact, actually require even more devotion than those of the force, the later being the most likely to the two. Regardless, Roshan still found himself disagreeing with some of her ideas of the force. It wasn't of any importance, though. Everyone had their own take on the force. The only thing that mattered was knowing how to use it.

When she stared hard at Roshan, he stared back letting her know that he respected her, but would not be intimidated. He did still have over 10 years more life experience. And if it had taught him anything, it was that understanding your master was the most important part in understanding their lessons. It was time to put his Echani training to use.

Stopping dead in his tracks, the Cathar addressed Master Hel very seriously, "Let's spare. I'm well enough to have a go at it. I'm sure we would both use the practice. I challenge you to a duel in the training room."

While it may not have been picked out by most, the folding of the arms was usually was a gesture made we someone disagreed, disliked, or was annoyed with the current conversation. Roshan didn't care, though. He wanted her attention. He needed to understand her. That was the most important thing. For an Echani warrior, battle spoke more than any conversation ever did. He wanted to know what was on her mind.

Reasonably, Roshan was a little surprised when she agreed to his purposal with little further contest. He was pleased with her decision. He would finally get a chance to know the true Master Hel. The Echani were known to be able to read feelings and emotion through combat. To an Echani, a combat between two people said more than hours of talking. This was something he had been looking forward to.

Entering the training room, Roshan contemplated this next battle. Playing it out in his head, he debated whether or not he should lose to her. Defeating his master might very well anger her and doing so might also give him less of a feel for her as a person and a fighter. He finally decided he would have to lose. It was the only logical thing to do. Whether she bested him or not, losing would be for the greater good.

Choosing dual Katanas and changing into a skin suit, Roshan meditated. Using his Echani training, Roshan began using his mind to construct barriers in order to resist force based attacks. While he knew he would not be able to completely block more developed powers, he would at least be able to diminish their effectiveness and that he knew would help.

Ending his meditation, there was a energy about Roshan, a lightness in his movements as he danced around the training floor.

Roshan questioned, "So are you ready, my master? I don't want to hurt you, but don't hold back or I will."

((ok... well... the rules are up to you... we can do this like a real turn based duel or just a for fun freeform exercise. Whatever is up to you... either way... you get the first move I guess. ))

((Free form duels are generally done as a turn based duel as well. It will be good practice to do it like that, but I am not placing a post count limit on it.))

Dominique took her time gazing over the weapons covering the walls. It had been so long since she had held any sort of weapon aside from her slug throwers. Those were trusty weapons, weapons most people never expected to face, but there was something about blades that always caught her full attention. Her bright, piercing blue orbs glanced over at Roshan, noting the weapon he picked.

After a subtle nod of her head she stepped forward, gripping the long handle of a single Katana and pulled it off of the wall. She held the eloquent weapon in front of her and admired the razor blade, twisting it in the light to catch the gleam of light that reflected off of it. She had been brought up to show respect to any weapon you hold, for it is an extension of your body and will protect that which many hold most dear; their own life.

Her childhood was a mere fleeting memory. All the things she had learned she still retained, but she had fallen from the path she was supposed to take. Her entire youth had been devoted to studying and training in many different fields ranging from mundane scholar style studying to in the field combat training with many of the smaller arms up to things like heavy repeaters, but due to her size she only had a limited capacity with things like that and only then if it was mounted on a tri-pod or on the back of a vehicle.

Now here she was neglecting her old ways, neglecting her training and exercise routine. She would need to begin working on it again, battle was not so simple as to only involve slug throwers and many times others would use certain animals to strip people like her of the force. To be disarmed of those two items would be a terrible blow, but not crippling. At least not yet.

She was more proficient with a single blade then with duel and facing an opponent with two weapons was something she hadn't worked on too often. This would be a good experience, as long as he didn't slip up”¦or as long as she didn't sleep up.

She hated the thought, but was not foolish enough to let ego bury the truth. She wasn't as in practice as she should be and that could create problems. She would have to adapt if it did.

”œI can not fully gage your prowess if you hold back, so I do not want you holding back an ounce either. We are both competent with the weapons we hold; it should be a good fight.”

Carnage.jpg

((sorry for the delay... I've been so swamped... it's crazy. Yeah. I haven't done any dueling with Durose yet so I figured it might be good to get some practice. Here goes nothing.))

DD1.jpg

Durose grinned. Duels among the Echani are rituals and it does not allow for armor or anything that restricts movement. She had decided to fight like an Echani today. This would be an honor to face her.

Bowing deeply first, Roshan was ready. Dancing around Dominique, Roshan seemed to float across the floor. It was very surprising to see someone of his size and build so nimble.

Roshan waited for Dominique to make her move. She didn't, however. He would have to take the lead then. It was a little awkward fighting the petite woman. There was definitely a height difference to deal with, advantage Master Hel. Twirling one of his swords upside down, he decided to only attack with the single blade. He would use the other to block any low stabs, swipes, or blows she might attempt.

Attacking Roshan could tell she hadn't handled a sword in a while. She was a little rusty at first, but she caught on fast. Only momentarily backing her up, Dom soon able to block his blocks much better. He needed to find an openning. Finally locking her blade in an upright position, his blade connecting to the left of hers, Durose swong his leg across kicking her hard and quick in the back of the thigh.

Backing away from her, letting his apprentice be, Oblivion brought the communication link up to eyes, listening the feed coming from the other line. Lord Dagon was never much for words, though was very descriptive. He went to work on the plans, devising sketches and making a few calls to the cybernetic team upon Mechis III for further information and discussion.

Oblivion.jpg

Dominique grunted as his bulky foot connected with the back of her thigh, but didn't let the force put into the blow go to waste. She pushed off with her other foot, allowing the force behind his kick to lift her off the ground. The lock their weapons were in broke as she pulled hers back, making it level with her body as she pressed her feet into his chest in a short of drop kick.

Due to his size and the minimal amount of force put into the blow he was only forced back a few steps, giving her just enough time to left her feet and kick them out, using the momentum to left herself back into an upright position. Rather then give him time to regain his bearings she pushed forward, twirling the weapon in her left hand before switching it to her right and beginning a series of swift attacks.

She found it far too easy for her to fall into her old ways with a weapon. The young Sith had prided herself on her command and outright domination of the force for some time now, letting her weaponry and hand to hand skills fall to the wayside. For this duel she wouldn't have a great chance of over coming the powerful being before her, due to sheer size and species differences.

She had come to rely on the force to make up for her small stature in fights, using it to increase her strength and speed to levels that no species could match normally. For now she would content herself with becoming more at ease with her weapon on the defensive without using the force.

Carnage.jpg

Roshan nodded at her attack, "Very nice."

This could end up being a long battle. They both seemed to be defensive fighters. She was fast, but Roshan had learned long ago that speed meant little if you know how to counter it. If you were able predict an opponents move before they made it or even as they began to initiate it, almost no matter how quick they attacked you you could still defend yourself. That was the cornerstone of Echani dueling. What a person lacked in speed, he could usually make up in anticipation.

It is the way of the echani to be able to read their opponents. To know where an opponent is going to strike before it connects, anticipate it, and then strike against them.

He had learned that lesson well. However, he was far from nearly as good as the "real" Durose Roshan. That really irked him. He would have to work on his reflexes, stamina, strength, and skills if he wanted to be a truly great fighter once again.

Catching a few of her strikes, Roshan finally let a stab in, and shifted his body sideways. The blade lightly grazed his bodysuit across the stomach, as it pulled Master Hal towards him. Moving through his rotation, Durose had a prime opportunity to continue the spin and land his elbow upside her head. However, at the last moment he pulled out, instead twirling away from her in the air and landing on his back. He couldn't do that to her. It just wouldn't be right.

Quickly rolling backwards, Durose was back on his feet, blades in a defensive position. Looking over at Dom, Durose grinned, "Maybe we can both teach each other a thing or two. Come at me again, but this time feign a stab and use the force to shift the momentum sideways into a swipe as I try to spin away. Oh, but use the blunt side. I don't think I can heal if I'm cut in half."

Dominique felt a flare of anger rising up in her. She knew that he could have put her down due to her last attack which was so carelessly made, but he didn't. He held back for whatever reason and such a thing could mean death when fighting.

She grunted and lowered her weapon, his words falling on deaf ears. Oblivion was right and she only just now realized that. She had no place training when she herself did not even know her place in the order. She could not lead others on the proper path if she was blind.

”œI can't train you; I've yet to even find my place. If you wish for”¦proper training, go to Cardia. The Sith temple, there is always at least one Sith there willing to train.”

Carnage.jpg

Roshan flamed as she walked out on their duel. She was wrong. She didn't need more training. She needed to believe in herself more. She needed to be more sure, more steady, more confident.

As she walked out of the training room, Roshan placed his weapon back on the wall. Following her from a distance, he watched her enter her room. He was sure he knew what she was doing. Everything about her mannerisms and actions told him. She was leaving.

Indignant, Roshan hurried back to his room and rummaged through his supplies. She would not back out of this that easily. They had both made a commitment and he refused to allow her not to honor it.

Finally, he found it. It was the supply of ship tracers he had kept with him. He had originally kept them for tracking the movements of newly cloned persons that left Kamino. However, they would work just a good for tracking the Sith Lady.

Acting quickly, he planted multiple in hidden locations on the ship and then returned to his room. On the way back, he passed Dom without saying a word as she took her items to the ship.

Intiating his tracking computer, Roshan spent his time in mediation and the training rooms. It wasn't until a few days later that he received a buzz from his comm to notify him that the computer had received something.

Returning to his room, he pulled up the location on the universe map. He immediately froze.

Ishvara. Oh no.

A single Lambda-class shuttle bearing the markings of the Survivor's Foundation flashed into Kamino's aerospace with a flicker of pseudomotion. Misal Draygo muttered an uncomplementary term in Huttese as a flicker of panic passed through the mind of her Twi'lek copilot, which she quickly suppressed with liberal application of reason. They were visiting the world on a mission of mercy; as long as they kept their discussions perfectly polite and neutral, the Imperials surely wouldn't blow a pair of charity representatives out of their sky.

And if they did... at least their target wouldn't be her daughter, Misal reflected.

With a nod, her copilot hailed the planet's traffic control. "Shuttle Second Chance hailing Kamino. We are here as representatives of the Survivor's Foundation. We'd like to meet with your government to offer our assistance in rebuilding your world."

drayyy.png

Frequencies were dispatched by the Second Chance towards the ground headquarters at the base site of the former city. Imperial personnel were not hidden at the least bit by the heavy number of reinstated residents had been deployed over the many months since Kamino had been reinstated under their command. The only reports that were made public since that reclaimation was the rash and incomplete plan by the Jedi to seize it once again, all of which was then purposely sent under Imperial consent to smear the worstening reputation of a dying breed.

It was rather peculair that there were still ambassadors venturing to the wayward planet, whose regions dwelled outside most civilized colonies. A radio intercepter was first to hear the broadcast before feeding out to extensive channels, relaying all the way from the research networks to satellites nearby, before making a very blunt proclaimation back to the Second Chance.

"Representatives of the Survivor's Foundation, I believe there must be a misunderstanding on your behalf. The native government officals are no longer in service, as they have given expressed consent to the Imperial residents to willfully provide defenses and welfare to their people after a disasterous plague had spread through their populace."

"Any council you seek will have to be made elsewhere, I'm afraid, for we are also not permitting any unmarked vessels land at this point in time. This is all within accordance of this nation's new government. Good day."

Cutting the feed with the flip of a switch, the radio intercepter casually switched back the automatic sweeping procedures on the same communications device, tilting his chair slightly as the usual noises and figures lit the small screen over and over. He had been so accostumed to seeing them that the man shrugged, not minding the screen after the first minute, and then dozed to sleep.

Oblivion.jpg

After taking a hasty look at the expression of utter condescension on what little of Misal Draygo's face that was left uncovered, her copilot wisely cut their shuttle's transmission to Kamino before the Miraluka could speak her thoughts.

"And with all due respect, sir." She sneered, somehow managing to make "sir" sound like "child". "You're an idiot. What you've done is beyond simple stubbornness; it's bullheaded stupidity. And whoever believes that fabrication you tried to feed me is also an idiot," Misal cast towards her copilot, noting with a mixture of annoyance and relief that Kamino Control never heard a word of her tirade.

Kaminoans selling their world to outsiders, indeed...

With Kamino at a state of isolation that it hadn't experienced since the Clone Wars, it seemed that there was nothing to accomplish except report back to the Esperanza and relay the Imperials' excuse for not allowing outside traffic to their world. Moments later, the Second Chance disappeared into hyperspace on a vector leading to Coruscant.

drayyy.png