Mon Calamari/Dac

Nikolai Kolchak

Armiena's grin only widened at Onderin's words, they were so close what she was about to propose to the Admiral. "Almost too close to the mark for comfort, Admiral." Leaning forward slightly with an almost conspiratorial manner, the Jedi Master began to detail her planned organization and the role she wished the Alliance to play in it. Specifically, aside from general aid, military assistance in the worst possible situation... that the organization's de jure status of neutrality was not respected and was attacked.

"With the war progressing as it has recently, the galaxy needs as much help as possible in the recovery effort. The Foundation has the potential to do some real good, especially considering how events have been falling into place."

((I'm assuming you still have the outline of the Survivor's Foundation in your PMs, as I'm just handling IC the aid you offered via PM.))

drayyy.png

OOC: Aye, I still have it.

Cypher Skywalker, I understand that you're training an apprentice, but must this be done here? It's not a big deal, but this thread is in use by the Alliance more or less consistantly and it's really nice to not have to worry about posts being in a certain storyline. Oh, and by the way, the planet itself was ravaged some time ago by an Imperial bioweapon. There's not a spot of life down there, and the inhabitants are, I believe, in a settlement on Fondor.

IC:

Onderin listened intently as the details of Armiena's charity organization unfolded. He couldn't deny that it was a good idea, and it was possible that it would not invoke the wrath of the Empire if it simply was unbiased in its refugee gathering.

"I see no reason why you should not have the full support of the Alliance," the Jedi Master decided. "The only ones that would break your neutrality are enemies of ours. The idea behind this charity is a just one, and unfortunately I'm afraid that the Empire's endless bloodlust may seek to molest it. However, I will do my part to see that that doesn't happen."

The Admiral pulled out his commlink and relisted into it the things that needed to be done to the Star Cruiser. He also told technicians to do what they could to reinforce shielding and make sure the Cruiser had plenty of backup shield generators and make sure that the backdoor codes behind the thing were changed so that the Black Sun didn't have the means to shut it down if they decided to be the transgressors. When he shut the communications device off, he placed it on his belt and looked back at Armiena as if he thought he should say something but had nothing to say.

3C12kbA.png

There is nothing good in war. There is good in why we fight them.

"Excellent. I'm looking forward to a--hopefully--long and productive partnership, Admiral. If you don't mind, I have some business to complete on Ilum, then to speak to The Link to see if they'd be willing to lend some support." Armiena smiled wearily, and finally allowed the fatigue that she felt in her soul to appear on her expression. "I'm looking forward to sleeping when this is over." With an abbreviated bow, Armiena excused herself and slipped back into the corridors of the shipyards.

The Jedi Master returned to the berthed Esperanza, where she could retrieve her personal yacht to complete the business that she vaguely mentioned and to move her other recent purchases to a more secure location. Her strill was predictably agitated by the activity surrounding the poor beast, but she managed to calm its natural aggression long enough to safely move it to a comfortable pen that she had hastily constructed on board her ship.

Slightly exhausted after the effort of restraining the predator during the moving process, Armiena thumbed the Ghost Breath's communication system to address the Jedi Knight that she knew was seeking her attention.

"Mr. Illioni, I haven't forgotten that you were seeking additional training." She spoke into the empty cockpit. "If you like, I have business to complete on Ilum... very much related to the training you desired."

drayyy.png

Onderin leaned back in his chair as Armiena left the room, pulling his arms up to place his hands behind his head. These were troubling times, and he was almost surprised that there hadn't been any major charity foundations based on war refugees already. He had so much paperwork to fill out concerning them on a daily basis, and not it looked like things were going to start cleaning up a little.

Of course, the war had no end in sight. There would always be refugees, and that was one of the cold truths of the battle of good vs evil.

OOC: I'm leaving tomorrow morning and won't be back until Sunday evening (just a couple days).

3C12kbA.png

Dashel prepared to closely observe his padadawans aas they dueled. Knowing that his physical senses were not enough, Dashel entered the force to comforting sound of the Jedi code. It immediately became clear to him that his Sight had improved. The room still appeared fogged in, but his Padawans were now featureless silver humanoids. It took a moment for him to realize that with immense effort, details in the backround and on the Padawans would resolve themselves. He also knew that the amount of effort could be reduced through practice.

"So how do I concentrate on everything at once?" fluttered through his mind." He resolved to ask Cypher about it, then changed his mind when he sensed the fear eminating form both his Padawans.

He allowed the fight to progress while he meditated on a course of action. By doing so, he was able to catch additional but brief images of the form and depth of those fears. He probed each one, and sat back to decide how to deal with it before making a decision. The force aided hi by showing him multiple possibilities for the future. He examined each, then chose to go where he saw himself most often.

Thumbing a well worn comm switch, he spoke to Kala whom was busy navigating the space above Mon Calamari. "Break patern and haead to Anchorhead, Planet Tatoine."

Lifting a hand, he used the force to seperate both his Padawans, pushing them to opposite corners fo the hold. he rose and stepped between them and waited until both had stopped struggling.

He lifted a hand to silence their outbursts.

Pointing to the weapon i Odan's hands, he calmly said, "That weapon may have served for your initial training, but its time you began thinking about your own signature weapon." He continued, "Go to the ship's database and search through the record's regarding lightsaber construction. You might want to specifically surch for references on Master Odan Urr, the creator of the great jedi library of Ossus."

As Odan turned and began walking away, Dashel called out to him,"Pick the components you want to use for it, select a style and color and bring it all to me. I will then assemble it for you while you watch."

((ooc)) The next saber we will do together, than the third you will do on your own.

Dashel turned his head towards Cypher. "You and I will discuss your heritage on the way towards Tatooine. There you will demonstrate to myour ability to face and accept the darkness I sense within you and that runs within your bloodline."

He again held up his hand to forestall any complaints or negative feelings.

"I know you have heard that before, but understand the Jedi view of this. Master Luke Skywalker only served at the former Emperor's side and felt the corruption of the Darkside after being taught by the greatest Jedi master ever."

He searched his Padawan's feelings with the force, seeing if there was any trace of resentment over the pronouncement. "If I am satisfied with your progress after Tatooine, I will assist you in building a lightsaber of your own. Now, you have two things to prepare for. I suggest you use your time wisely before Tatooine to do so."

When his master seperated the two of them, Cypher let the force hold him gently after realizing what had happened. He didn't hate the feeling of being controlled, but rather enjoyed the unexpected feelinng that a seperate entity could bring to him with a force push. It allowed him to experience different levels and created an anti-level of his own if ever he should run into it again.

Cypher did not resent his request but nodded and responded calmly, "Of course Master...I am actually curious myself...as to my complete history. I have been rumored on Tatooine to be related to the Skywalker lineage...but I never knew if it was true."

The actual building of a lightsaber was not something new to him. He had seen it before his own eyes before. Now he had to recall on his memory...

A lightsaber's handgrip is approximately twenty-four to thirty centimeters long and features a mirrorlike concave metal disk called a blade emitter on one end. Controls include an activation lever, a recharge socket, diagnostic readouts, and in some cases blade length and intensity controls. Opening the small access panel reveals a tiny but very sophisticated power cell as well as at least one-and sometimes several-multifaceted crystals or jewels.

The lightsaber's jewels focus the power cell's energy charge into a tight parallel beam that emerges from the blade emitter as a vibrant blade of pure energy. The blade is a closed energy loop. It's amplitude determines when the energy beam arcs back to the negatively charged high-energy flux aperture that rings the outer edge of the lightsaber's concave disk. The power cell can last for years because it is fed by the energy that enters the flux aperture; the weapon loses energy only when the blade makes contact with another object.

The lightsaber's deadly energy blade can cut through almost any substance. Because the blade itself has no weight and emits no heat, a novice may easily miscalculate it's path. Therefore, when Odan first accepts the lightsaber, he must be careful of his own strikes. A Jedi knight undertakes years to master the weapon, developing the skill that allows him or her to block incoming blaster bolts or fend off as many as a dozen attackers.

Each lightsaber is custom-built, normally by the Jedi student as one of the tests of an apprentice's skills. After his disasterous defeat at Cloud City, Luke Skywalker retired to Obi-Wan Kenobi's hut on Tatooine to build his new lightsaber, perhaps hoping that the familiar and comfortable place would provide solace as he grappled with the knowledge that Darth Vader might be his father.

Most lightsabers have customized features such as pressure-sensitive activation levers (so that the blade disappears as soon as the saber is released) and multiple crystals that enable the user to alter the amplitude and length of the blade. The lightsaber's handgrip is as much a work of art as a practical weapon, often featuring a design native to the Jedi's homeworld or built by the student in a style reminiscent of his master's lightsaber.

Jedi drew there lightsabers only as a last resort-when negotiation fails to resolve a dispute peacefully-but their skills were unquestioned once these magnificent energy blades flashed.

It was coming back now...after so long. Now as for the actual layout of the lightsaber...

Blade emitter

High Energy Flux Aperture

Blade Emitter Shroud

Emitter Matrix

Controls for Blade intensity and length

Diagnostic systems

Crystal Lense assembly

Recharge sockets

Hanndgrip/Power cell depending on style

Activation lever/Plate

Power Cell (If grip is seperate)

Belt Ring

and Access Plate

The knowledge was there. Now it was time to put it to good use.

Kenshi.gif

Odan looked through the data banks and saw the information on Odan Urr and Ossus, he read a few bits about the great library on Ossus and about Odan urrs long life and telepathic comunacation ability. Something I'll have to rember later on Odan thought, he then began to look for what would be needed to create the saber.

He would need a handgrip, an activation stud plate, a sfatey switch, an emitter matrix, a power cell, a power conduit, a recharge socket, and a lens assembly which includded a focusing crystal. instead of a straight hilt, he picked out a curved hilt.

Even though he knew that it was more complex and gave the maker a more of a challenge in aliging the crystals. He then selected a crimsion crystal for his own symbolic consideration, not for any political afialtion.

He then came back to master Dashell and handed him the light saber parts. Hopefully he wouldn't have to sit through a lecture about the darkside, due to the blade color he chose. I mean I'm a hundered and twenty years old, I've had my shares of lectures, he thought.

"An infinite mystery is the Force. Much to learn, there still is." ”” Yoda

Torn between completing some business on Coruscant, or waiting in Mon Calamari's orbit to spend some quality time with her strill and actually resting... Armiena decided on plan C. She left the Esperanza to the ministrations of the Calamari engineers, and quickly disappeared into hyperspace.

drayyy.png

Onderin finally rose from his chair and decided to find Roxas Jarek. Everything seemed under control with the modifications to the Star Cruiser and Armiena was just reported as having disappeared into hyperspace. He was done with business for the day, and it was time to move on back to his apprentice.

The Jedi Master allowed his Force sense to guide him down to where Roxas was--apparently still in the ruined hangar. "Roxas," he said, "I am free of my duties for at least a little while. Tell me, apprentice, where you think your studies should take you next."

3C12kbA.png

"Hmm... I'm not sure. I think there's a fine line between 'should' and 'will' though, I mean, I should have just been moving boxes earlier, but instead I had to block a missle from seperating what amount of life I have in me around 5 galaxies away from my physical self, which would have probably been in a few different places as well." He jabbed jokingly, adding a nervous, somewhat disapproving chuckle.

"Well, we've already talked about telekinesis, so maybe dab a little into more defensive stuff? I definately need to learn some self defense- my... inability to be of any help with the situation on the Dauntless was a clear indicator of that I believe." He paused for a moment. "And I think my force sight has improved to the point that I think I should be fine against a target that I can at least somewhat sense, so really it might be up to you, Master Starlisk."

Hmmm... Onderin thought. It is quite possible that Roxas' chief restraint is his discomfort with his form of sight, something I would think would be quite unusual for one that has never had any other form of sight. If he can build his confidence with it, then his true potential will be unlocked, his last stumbling block removed.

The best way to do this may be through physical training and enhancement. Or, even better, through the simple detection exercises that I spent so much time on with Sabian, the Jedi Master mused. He only had to decide which one to do first. The physical training was more useful to most, but it was also the greatest undertaking of any segment of Jedi training, one that truly never ended. For Roxas specifically, perhaps simple detection would do better, though that was more geared to detecting people rather than everything around oneself.

It was still puzzling to Onderin why Roxas was uncomfortable with his kind of sight. How could a race develop sightless eyes (quite possibly through atrophy) and yet not be able to use another sense confidently? Were the young of the race stumbling around, running into things because they had not yet mastered the Force technique of locating inanimate objects? At the same time, Onderin himself couldn't really detect inanimate objects with only the Force...although as he thought about it, he could see how it could work.

Perhaps instead of seeing where an object is with the Force, what the Miraluka did was seeing where an object is not with the Force.

The Admiral came to a decision. He would unlock within the Miraluka his own ability to see through only necessity. It would be difficult, but it was a solid way to learn. "Roxas," he said, "we're going to start the physical part of your Jedi training, which will continue well beyond your Jedi Trials, though not necessarily from me the whole way.

"This is going to be difficult, apprentice, but I need you to be utterly confident in your ability to see, feel, and be exactly sure where anything is at any given time. Your form of sight may seem limited, but I think you have the potential to become so much more aware than any traditionally-sighted person," the Jedi Master said.

"We are going to begin with two basic concepts--speed enhancement and an unnaturally high jumping distance," he explained. "The simplicity of these two things lies in what they precisely are, and there are many ways to achieve great speed and a high jump. Some lengthen their jump through levitation--they simply lift themselves up to a high ledge. But the most common form of both powers in the molecular strengthening of the muscles of the leg--the Force can stimulate these muscles to offer much greater strength for a limited amount of time."

Onderin turned around and headed towards the door, expecting Roxas to follow. Once he had reached the long, straight hallway beyond it, he looked over at Roxas. "I shall demonstrate. Observe me through the Force--try to observe what the Force is doing for me." He seemed to collect himself and leaned slightly forward, then sprinted down the hall. It took him only a second to reach its end, his body and cloak becoming a blur as he made his dash.

3C12kbA.png

Strangely at this point Roxas was not fazed by Master Starlisk's speed. He had heard that the Jedi could do things like this, but actually witnessing it in progress was extremely interesting.

As Master Starlisk ran Roxas could sense the fluctuation in the Force within him. As if the very Medicloreans in his body caused his leg muscles to expand in size for a brief period of time, managing them as if they were normaly this size, then shrink back down to a normal size.

"Well that was really really cool." Roxas said somewhat dumbly to himself. He decided that he wanted to try it.

He visualized himself moving at a faster speed, the wind whipping by him. He swore to himself that he could feel his calf muscles expanding. He focused on his legs. His tiny, sparrow like legs becoming blurs of light. His arms pumping through the air- the air whipping through his hair- his hair streaming behind him- and behind him his elbows are moving like a locomotive's pistons- which powers his pumping arms...

He repeated this image through his mind, creating a loop, and began to run.

He couldn't run as fast as Master Starlisk- but what he could do is run faster than he could before. What possibly could have taken him around 70 seconds to run down the hallway now had been shaven down to a mere 35, and soon he had to stop-

Unfortunately he didn't have as much control as he thought he had- and when the matience crew was done fixing the hangar, they would next find a pair of long scuff marks made from Roxas Jarek's now damaged shoes.

"Master Starlisk-" He said after hearing the long screech of his slowing- which fortunately did not cause him to run into the wall- "I think we should find somewhere that I can't damage too badly..."

Onderin smiled. "That might be a good idea. However, I don't think there are any areas more suitable that this setting. We need long hallways and high alcoves for your upcoming jump training," he said.

"Now, try not to worry about the hallway. Don't worry about anything around you--only yourself. Do not even trust the sight that you have. Feel, don't think about what you're doing. Just focus only on what you're trying to accomplish and the means through which you are doing it," he instructed. "Nothing else matters for the moment.

"Now, try again."

OOC: Oh, by the way... it's 'Midichlorians.'

3C12kbA.png

"Yes sir Master Starlisk." Roxas said nodding, and turned towards the hallway once more.

'Okay. Keep it simple. I want to go to the other end of this hallway. Focus. Other end of hallway. Focus.' Thoughts began to bubble up to the surface of his mind, crowding around the other end of the hallway. They were questions, answers, unused ideologies, philosophies, reminders- it was as if his mind, like a trash can, had suddenly tipped over and spilled out, spreading over and covering whatever he was trying to focus on- was it? Yes. The other end of the hallway. Atrophy. Blindness. If I were to use a G minor chord there it could work out- If it's only 9 credits, then I probably should- I need to remember to- wait, if the community is more important than the individual, how is the individual at all important? Why is Individuality important in some comunites then? It's an oxymoron- I'm counting 2. Counting 3. Counting 4. Counting 5- 6-7-8-9-10-31-04-591-58-139-

Roxas froze. Attempting to collect his thoughts, he abandoned the position he was in, abandoning the other end of the hallway. Immediately the puzzle box came to mind.

"Master Starlisk, I'm having a hard time focusing- I'm not trying to get out of training or anything- but would you mind if we talked about something? I don't know if it's important or not... I was meditating the other day and came across something that I didn't know what to make of- I think I can probably solve it on my own, but would you mind hearing about it?"

Onderin raised his eyebrows when Roxas mentally abandoned his task. He could hear the Miraluka's surface thoughts with some clarity, and he could definately tell that something was going on. When the younger being turned to him and asked if he could say something, the Admiral was immediate to reply. "Of course, Roxas," he said. "If the Force has granted you something, you have the right to keep it to yourself or share it. I may be able to help you, if help is what you seek."

3C12kbA.png

((ooc)) my last post here Onderin. Padawans, please go to tatooine thread.

((ic)) the comm message from Lady Armenia was short, but none the less welcome news to the Jedi Knight. After seeing the Sith in their war machines he decided he wanted to research if the Jedi could master the same technology. He recognized Knight Armenia's knowledge as a step in a large plan. he picked up a stylus and an electronic pad and wrote a quick communique.

"Knight Armenia I will met you on Ilum after transporting my Padawans to Tatooine to deal with the situation involving the archeoligical team recently taken prisoner by some sandpeople there. Until then."

He had finished the short communique and was perfomring a systems check when his Padawans called to him fromm the Sunday's tech bay. Odan had layed out the parts and technical specifications of his lightsaber on one bench while Cypher had already arranged his parts the way they would be assembled.

Dashel examined the pieces and nodded to his apprentice. "Good," was al he said be he pivoted and walked towards Odan's bench. As he began inspecting Odan's crystal, he said over his houlder, "I will quide you as neccessary thorug the force, but for this saber and its twin, you will do the physical work.

One by one, Dashel examined the parts and specifications laid out for him by Onan. "You have made some interesting choices. The most famous modern user of curved lightsaber handles was Count Dooku. Even more interesting is the cyrstal you have chosen. While red means liitle save the crystal is an artificial one, too man it represents the Sith Order.

He turned towards Cypher , "The next time you assemble a lgihtsaber, it will be on your own, with only the force to guide you. This blade is the middle point o fyour time as a Padawan.

Dashel turned back towards Odan. "Watch as I assemble this blade. You will do this on your own one day if you hope to ever advance to the trials."

As his hands, guided by the force began assembling the pieces of Odan's saber, Dashel began a short lecture to his Padawans'. "Trust is central to the Jedi code. If you ever feel the need to keep a secret from someone of the order, the need had better be great."

He paused to concentrate on a connection made difficult by the saber's curved design before continuing. "Both of you have unique connections to the history of the Jedi order. You, Odan, are distantly related to a master Odan Urr, whose greatest achievement was the founding of the Jedi library at Ossus. His journey beyond your peoples predatory instincts has been used in the past to illuminate the path for those Jedi dealing with particularly stubborn issues. It seems you carry some of his same fears withing you. We will deal with these fears prompltly so as not to impede your effort to become a Jedi."

A quick glance at the plans Odan had seleted resulted in him undoing a connection that had gone flawlessly so that he could resolder it to the correct post. "You, Cypher Skywalker, according the Jedi databases are distantly related in some way to the same genetic family that produced the Solo and Skywalker Jedi clans. How, the temple will not tell me. They did give me some hints as to how to test you. We will begin on Tatooine. As a matter of fact, the Black Sunday should just now be making its jump to light spped for Tatooine."

For a while, the only sounds int he room where the sounds of microwelders and other tools being worked. Eventually, Dashel completed Odans first Saber assembled. He moved from the bench to visually check how Cypher was progressing.

As he had seen through the force, Cypher had made good prgoress withis his saber hardly needing Dashel's guidance at all. A few minor suggestions to adjust one or two components was all he felt neccessary. When Cypher came to the mount of the primary focussing crystal, Dashel follwoed his every movement along the way.

Once both projects were completed, Dashel assigned his padawans some basic exercises to help the two become accustomed to their swords before their first mission on Tatooine.

Upon the completion of Esperanza's refitting and thorough inspection, Acting-Captain 'Tex' Vandro ordered his skeleton crew to take the MC90 Cruiser out of the Mon Calamari shipyards. An air of anticipation pervaded the bridge as it cleared the framework of the orbital docks, boiling to a climax until the ship penetrated the planet's gravitational influence. Moments later, it disappeared into hyperspace, following a well-known route to Coruscant.

drayyy.png

A message arrives through the usual discrete channels for Armenia, bringing relayed news about unlikely help for the Survivor's Foundation that reached Coruscant, and read as follows:

To Amenia Drago, of the Survivor's Foundation on Coruscant, from the Board of Directors at the Anastasia Faust Foundation:

I hope this news, when it reaches you, does not bring about any discomfort or trouble. We have seen your Holonet broadcast, and wish to offer financial assistance, and other help if at all possible. I realize you may have some doubts of our intentions, but a word of explaination is in order.

Following the events of the disasterous funeral, which surprised us as much as it did you, orders were left from "Lady Anastasia", who turned out to be her brother, to continue our mission as if the real lady were still alive and her brother was truly dead. We know it now to be the reverse, but per his final instructions, Vladimir did not wish to wholly stain the memory of his sister and left aside part of the money he earned, regrettably blood money, set on doing what he believes his late sister would have wanted. Vladimir Faust has no further ties with the organization, leaving it to the board of directors under explicit, even graphic terms, to act as if Lady Anna were the Faust we were trying to please. I can only surmise this eases part of what he has for a conscience, but we are given this opportunity and must act on it.

While your holonet broadcast reminded us of how our founder made our job all that much harder, it is sincere work we do to try. While we face an uphill battle in our quest for peace, we will try to do what we can. With this communique is a 20,000,000 credit deposit for your own ends, to do with as you would.

In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed - but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

• 4 weeks later...

OOC: Since you haven't posted in nearly a month, Brent, I'm getting Onderin out of here. I'll be on Gala probably if you want to catch up.

IC:

Master Onderin Starlisk wanted to hear Roxas' question, but he suddenly felt the urge to get things moving again. The fleet was back to full strength, half of it here at Mon Calamari and the other half at Gala, the new headquarters base. Fondor was protected only by its Golan Defense platforms, but those were more than sufficient for their purpose.

Mon Calamari was by far the most fortified Alliance location, sporting four Golan Platforms and the minefield, capable of holding off a small fleet of Star Destroyers without cruiser support. It also had a fighter compliment of E-wings, K-wings, A-wings and newer XJ-series X-wings, a nice balance for any situation.

But Onderin couldn't help but feel that he should be crusading against the Empire rather than simply waiting for them to attack him. There were numerous Imperial garrisons on numerous worlds, and the Alliance had but two shipyards and a headquarters base. It was time to spread out and begin a game of strategy, giving and taking bases as necessary.

The Admiral needed only initiate that, and the best way to initiate it was by going to Gala and organizing things.

Onderin boarded a Lambda-class shuttle upon arriving in the hangar bay and was soon on his way.

EDIT September 17th, 9:00 am EST:

A message came in from the Admiral and certain weapons began mass-production...rather specialized weapons.

3C12kbA.png

• 3 weeks later...

An ecrypted comm, detailed extensively with the face and voice of the President, appeared before the stationed crew men and women upon Mon Calamari:

--

Greetings... I'm sure some of you may know me... Others progressively younger recruits to the program may not... To you, and to all, I shall introduce myself once again to this grand organization...

My name is Sabian Devanus, once President of the Alliance and formerly functioning ambassador in diplomatic relations... I know there is so few I can say to convince you of my judgement, or the very words I speak, no less...

As unfortante as the circumstances seem to be, I have become stirred by the acts of war that continue to proceed without retribution. Regardless of any goals of this organization have been claimed, the only important one has been the safety and well-being of the public as a whole, regardless of any stigmatic attachment to them...

Just as true, these same feelings stray be to Manaan, another refuge where the remnant populace of conquered worlds and Jedi have converged. A beautiful, somber place that I see... Now filled with silent cries that demand reply.

I am not sure how long this has been going on, neither of the proper way to fortify these people at this time. All I ask is the chance for some assistance to be made and for the position to put myself in this mess, to help these people in need... I ask for your support again, now, as your President, to act once again.

Thank you, May the Force be with you always.

--

The transmition ended shortly, loading in his co-ordinates with the same holo-fed message.

• 2 weeks later...

"Greetings from the Survivor's Foundation, Mon Calamari. We'd like to lend a hand..."

The relief ship Esperanza appeared out of hyperspace, returning to the shipyards that gave the MC-90 cruiser its new life as a vessel of mercy. Misal Draygo, serving as Armiena's representative while she was detained at an unknown location in the galaxy, paced the cruiser's bridge slowly, watching the massive ship lazily roll over through her lidless eyes. The Miraluka was able to sense Mon Calamari's condition long before they left hyperspace; the watery planet was a world in distress and despair.

Misal allowed herself a grim smile. It would be the Foundation's duty to give Mon Calamari hope for a better future.

drayyy.png

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: What am I supposed to say?

IC:

The officer that received the comm from Master Draygo gave a smile. He liked that Mon Calamari was in the process of being restored, and found it fitting that the faction the Alliance helped put on its feet was now returning the favor in the name of good old-fashioned charity.

"Your help is more than welcome, Survivor's Foundation."

3C12kbA.png

• 2 weeks later...

"It's nice to be wanted, Mon Cal." Misal Draygo murmured. At Mon Calamari's traffic control's invitation for the Survivor's Foundation to assist the preexisting recovery efforts, the Esperanza's sublight engines flared to life and propelled the craft directly towards the watery planet. Upon taking up a position in its lower orbit, the refitted cruiser began to disgorge squadrons of shuttles. A simple Holonet call later, more of the charity's mobile assets began to appear from hyperspace--shuttles and freighters of similar designs and identical destinations.

A number of shuttles patrolled over the most fiercely poisoned regions of Mon Calamari's oceans, then proceeded to dump multitudes of droids into the caustic waters.

If one managed to sneak a peek at the deploying droids, they would have almost certainly been repulsed by their appearance. They were hideous masses of armored tentacles connected to a relatively tiny central body. Despite the "Squiddies'" crude appearance, they were tremendously effective in inhospitable underwater environments. Their armor allowed them to survive immersion into even the worst conditions--caustic chemicals, electric currents... not even the undeniable crushing pressure of the depths of Calamari's oceans was capable of breaching its hull. They would be able to survive immersion in the poisoned water while they took samples of the water.

Meanwhile, the already present recovery effort enjoyed a major boon as the highly advanced medical labs on board the Esperanza threw their weight behind the mission of mercy. In time, the specialists on board the Cruiser and the Calamari scientists who were invited to use their extensive labs would be able to analyze the samples taken by the Squiddies and find a way to detoxify the planet below them.

drayyy.png

Dahz's father had once made Dahz read the diary of a clone that had been awakened prematurely and had been privy to the details of being decanted. The description given had been graphic, gory, and provoked nightmares for years afterward.

The actual process was far worse in person.

While spared the travail of being conscious during the actual decanting, he awoke in a hospital bed being sponge bathed by a human male. The revolting situation brought him around rapidly, spurred on by an adrelanine rush that helped strengthen the clone body's limbs.

Dahz reached out to the side and found the items he had specified whereto be next to this clone body. Hardly thinking, still foggy from the anesthesia, he whipped his arm around and shot the nurse from less than three feet away.

Alarms went off, but Dahz hardly heard them as the anesthesia regained its hold on him and he passed out.

A day later, he awoke. This time he was being treated by a female Twi'leck. He was much more conscious this time and did not react nearly as strongly.

Dahz spoke to the nurse, his voice gravelly from having never been used. "When can I get out?"

Never missing a beat, the nurse said, "The doctors have cleared you to return to full active duty, but there is the slight problem with a nurse you shot while still in the twighlight of anesthesia.

Dahz winced, foggy memories coming back to him.

"Has Frei-tec picked up the bill for cloning my unfortunate victim?" asked Dahz after sipping water.

"Yes, but there were instructions left by Nurse Latmen that cost extra and the lawyer handling the instruction wanted to know if you wanted them followed."

She handed Dahz a notepad which he promptly read. It contained the instructions left behind by Nurse Latmen and the notation that his former mission was still ongoing on Tatooine. He logged in a request for transport there and then read through the instruction by Latmen.

It seemed, that in the case of death, Nurse Latmen had wanted to be ressurected as a Falleen woman. Dahz blinked twice as he read them and then asked his barrister through his wrist mounted com link what their options where.

The barristers reply startled him, and Dahz nodded his appreciation of the situation and then gave his okay for the process with one minor twist before leaving.

"It would be unethical to allow Nurse Latmen to do so, especially considering the position of trust he has been placed in by the Alliance. Therefore, make sure the phermones created by a Falleen female in this case attact only one species, say Wookies."

Dahz boarded the civilian transport to Tatooine laughing to himself. His registration had him listed as a down on his luck bounty hunter and his guise matched. Underneath the appearance, however, was the latest in Alliance armor, weaponry, and surveillance gear.

1stSigRahalin.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

((Ack, I really should get posting here. It's not like there isn't a world to rebuild... ))

The process of finding a means to cleanse Mon Calamari was slow and agonizing, made all the more frustrating for Misal Draygo by her complete inability to comprehend what the Survivor's Foundation's scientists were doing in their labs. A life on the run from the Empire's Jedi Hunters had given her a great deal of survival skills, but her expertise in desperate first aid was completely unrelated to what the Survivor's Foundation was trying to accomplish.

In the end, the scientists on board the Esperanza succeeded in genetically engineering a harmless bacterium into a veritable toxin-destroying machine. From the almost patronizing explanations in leyman's terms that the staff on board the Esperanza offered Misal, the bacterium was capable of digesting the toxins and ripping through the algae that had ruined Mon Calamari's oceans, and use them as valuable nutrients. The process would create byproducts that were essential to Mon Calamari's rebirth, such as oxygen that had been sucked out of the ecosystem by the Imperial bioweapon. When the toxins were removed, the bacteria would simply die, their metabolisms were so specialized.

The end result, as one of the chief scientist's explained to Misal: the toxins and contaminating chemicals would be destroyed by their engineered bacterium strains, with minimal detrimental impact, if any, to Mon Calamari's environment. Cleansing the water through more conventional means would be much more expensive, and probably disastrous to Mon Calamari's future; this method would only leave its oceans seeded with decayed organisms that would be readily digested when the planet's ecosystem was restored.

The only barrier between them and implementing this plan was the approval of the Mon Calamari government. Considering the alternatives of a much more risky chemical cleansing or simply waiting for the ecosystem to heal itself, Misal fully expected their proposal to be cleared.

Meanwhile, all she could do was wait for that unpleasant bit of bureaucracy to be bypassed, and study the very curious sensations she was picking up from her bond with her daughter.

What in the Hells has my daughter gotten herself into now?

drayyy.png

Growing more bored with each passing day, Misal Draygo had resorted to browsing the Holonet in futile efforts to keep herself occupied. The Survivor's Foundation's solution for cleansing Mon Calamari from the virulent toxins in its oceans had been reluctantly approved””not without almost harassing scrutiny from the planetary government””and massive quantities of their toxin-eating bacteria were being grown as she read the latest batch of propaganda on the Holonet.

When she learned about the situation on Haruun Kal, the Miraluka immediately saw an opportunity for the SF's potential to be recognized. Within an hour, a squadron's worth of freighters was dispatched from the Esperanza and sent to Haruun Kal.

And she was left to her boredom again. By now, she was meditating in an attempt to while away the days before the cleansing of Mon Calamari.

One of those hours-long sessions in mental emptiness resulted in her discovering a startling””obvious, but nonetheless startling””answer to her questions concerning those sensations over her daughter's bond. The Miraluka felt brief flashes of all-encompassing joy and contentment so undiluted that she nearly wept for her daughter's sake. She recognized those sensations all too well, despite how long it had been since she and her husband were last together.

Yes, my dear”¦ For a moment, she could have sworn she felt the comforting press of Bron Draygo's hands on her shoulders, smoothing away her tensions with a psychic massage. Our daughter has finally found a man.

Although her husband's voice sounded tremendously satisfied with that news, a sense of cold determination washed over Misal's mind. She would”¦ have to speak with Armiena about this, as well her chosen mate. Especially her chosen mate.

drayyy.png