Mon Calamari/Dac

Nikolai Kolchak

Locke paused, pondering Dashels strange query.

"I suppose that there is nothing that would stop you from using 3 lightsaber, but the farther you get into that the more you're going to realise that form is a waste of your time. Your claw itself completely defys almost all of Lightsaber convention, and as such should be practiced using, primarily, hand to hand combat techniques. It is not impossible, but to use it well you will have to develop your own form, likely one that will be used by you alone. It is not as daunting as it may sound, and having the background of forms will be a good foundation on which you build your own form."

Locke2A.png

"Jedi do not fight for peace, that is a slogan and is misleading as slogans naturally are. Jedi fight for civilization as civilization creates peace."

-Mace Windu

Dodging an invisible enemy, Sahv counterstruck at his torso, pretending to gain a kill. Again he struck forward, at what he imagined to be the central target zone: the torso.

A thought came to mind during Sahv's practicing which he felt a bit of guilt at having conjured... should the head be a possible striking area? ... be a goal, a prized target zone? Surely a hit there would kill a combatant. This to Sahv, made him realize just how deadly this training was. He wasn't learning the Force... he was learning deadly Force.

Quieting his mind and refocusing, he began to repeat the move of the lightsaber which aimed at the lower parts of the body. He would cover each area in time...

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

Suitably chastised, Dashel deactivated the second saber and replaced it on his belt. The Saber-claw deactivated itself when the need for it was no longer in Dashel's mind.

Dashel refocussed his mind on beginning the entire learning process again. He began breaking down each and every step of his approach to his form. Mentally, he praticed against what his race's temple had always called the greatest enemy...one whom is an exact duplicate of you, bet better, stronger and quicker. Dashel sparred with this invisible enemy, pushing himself to achieve the greatest perfection he could.

He thoroughly enjoyed himself.

Sahv walked over to where Dashel had been practicing for half an hour.

"Dashel, let us rehearse our lightsaber tactics with each other. Of course, let's go very slow. I've seen what this thing can do to metal; I have no doubt this weapon could easily take off an arm if we are not careful."

Sahv ignited his lightsaber, gripping it tightly with both hands.

"I'll start a simple swing toward your left arm target zone... and you offer the appropriate defense."

Very slowly, Sahv moved his blue blade toward Dashel's left side, not yet knowing the feel that came from two sabers interacting with each other...

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

"Sahv", said Dashel, "I may be hypocritical in saying this, but we are exceeding Master Starspanker's directions. No offense intended, but this is one of those things where we need to exercise patience."

Still Sahv was on the attack, and Dashel blocked the initial strike with his saber. He was shocked by the interaction of the two blades striking each other. Despite the nature of the weapon, he felt the shock of the blades meeting and the energy surge of one against the other.

It was enough to make him retreat hastily, using the force to augment the leap he made backwards. When he landed, he was fifteen feet away from Sahv and breathing hard.

"Know I know another reason why no Jedi seeks combat, ", thought Dashel, "when you are an extension of your weapon and vice versa, attacking is committing everything to battle."

"Sahv, please don't think less of me, but I am willing to wait until Master Starspanker says we are cleared for dueling before we duel. "

Dashel did not immediately returned to practicing. He was thinking things through in an effort to accomadate both their neeeds.

"Sahv, I would be willing to shadow box with you if that is okay. We don't really need to make contact to practice againt each other. At least for now. Please, let us continue but with more space between each other."

"I understand, Dashel. We will wait for Locke's command before we practice sparing."

Sahv decided to take a rest, and sat down nearby to watch Dashel and Locke each practice their moves. He noticed how the two moved their lightsaber from target zone to target zone so fluidly. Form I was beginning to make sense to him... a simple yet effective use of the lightsaber.

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

"Yes, Dashel, that sounds like a good idea."

Sahv got a drink of water before getting up to rejoin Dashel in rehearsing lightsaber techniques.

"I have an idea..." Sahv stated, picking up his saber. "I will stand with my back to you, and you can force levitate an object toward me, at a moderate speed. Not too fast, for now. I will react to the object with my lightsaber. We already know our reflexes are good; this will test our reflexes with the lightsaber as an extension."

"Dashel, begin when you are ready, if you will."

Sahv walked 10 paces away from Dashel, finally keeping his lightsaber unignited as he awaited some movement from behind...

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

An encrypted comm comes in to the shipyards requesting several transports, one and two man fightercraft, all with hyperspace capabilities be sent to Coruscant. They would be sent to a certain location when they were completed.

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Force can do terrible things to a mind it can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity. - Carth Onasi

Dashel nodded affirmation of Sahv's suggestion and levitated a marble from the bag he had purchased earlier then stole a page from the masters playbook and levitated a second one. Concentrating he sent them from opposite directions toward Sahv, moving them in a double pincer movement from either side.

As he waited for Sahv to deal with the two fast moving objects he levitated three more towards himself. Two of those remained hovering before him whilte the third he gripped in his hand.

Sahv stood facing the outcroping from which the beautiful Mon Calamari ocean scene could be seen. Sensing the marbles racing toward him, he reacted quickly, but only at the last minute. In a flash of his black jumpsuit he twirled around to meet his attacking marbles. Igniting his saber on the way around, he curled it up to meet the first, effectively disolving it in the wake of the lightsaber's beam. Meeting the other a split second later, Sahv moved his saber in a batting motion, crossing it's path with that of the small metal ball. Sahv sensed a piece of the marble fly away, deflected by the blue beam of his saber.

"Dashel, send another volley..."

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

The special team that had been sent out to discover what the rocket contained, discovered the probe droid and destroyed it. On further inspection they discovered that it was an Imperial Probe Droid and a report was sent back to base to prepare against possible invasion.

The defenses were put on high alert and drills were held, the base was ready just in case.

Dashel complied with Sahv's request, launching the next volley to to a point thirty or forty meters above Sahv's head before releasing them. Unguided, they fell straight at the top of Sahv's head.

Once Dashel thought that Sahv was fully concentrating on the descending pair of marbles he threw the third one in his hand with his normal strength at Sahv' knees. No sense make this easy on him...

Sahv had to guage which marbles represented the bigger threat. Dashel's throw seemed to have more of a thrust in it than the gravity that propelled the two marbles falling toward Sahv's head. Waiting until the right moment, Sahv swung his lightsaber in a downward motion to incinerate the marble aimed at his knees. A split second later, he did the same to the two falling. Lifting up his saber, he lightly touched each marble, effectively disolving the metal into its soft glow.

"Dashel, now let me send some at you."

Pulling forth 8 marbles from a bag near Dashel, Sahv positioned himself 30 feet from his fellow padawan.

"Ready, Dashel?" Sahv asked...

He sent two marbles hurling toward the triani at a fast pace. One was ahead of the other, to allow Dashel to be able to deflect both in a timely manner.

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

Dashel caught the first marble on the very tip of his left blade, looking very much like he was fencing with an unseen opponent. The blade, in keep with the Master's teaching, was still relatively close to Dashel's body. As soon as the force told him the marble disentegrated, the young padawan retracted the blade and swept his right hand blade over top of it so that it formed on outward sweeping shield. That blade caught the second marble which flared with momentarily light upon the blade. Dashel turned a double somersault over that blade, landing in a crouched position with both blades in a ready position. His tale twitching, he waited with both sabers in the ready postion, seeking the next set of projectiles.

His hands moved before he even had time to acknowledge the incoming projectiles. The first marble blazed gloriously on a downward swept swing of Dashel's right hand which rose defensively to block the high gate while his left again snapped in and backout to take the second one.

Dashel's body followed the left hand, turning him completely in a circle and moving him slightly offline and to the right of the third marble. His left hand, the trailing blade, caught this marble and destroyed it. The Triani now stood with his body perpendicular to the line of attack with his right hand raised to block any attack against his body while his left hand trailed behind and low, ready to sweep into attack position. He paused long enough to find the fourth marble, which was just now coming even with him. He went low, sliding under the marble with his right hand staying high to interecept it while his left lead. When he was done he was on the left side of the attack, his left hand in the high guard position while his left was midguard, ready to strike or defend.

Sahv sent his last two marbles flying. With the first, he sent it straight toward Dashel at near-light speed. A minute later, it had been adequately neutralized. With the second, Sahv sent it toward Dashel but had it fly around Dashel several times.

"You must be able to deflect laser shots; you will not know which direction they will come from."

Ten seconds later, the marble began its approach from an unknown direction...

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

Certain surprisingly simple modifications were made on the Alliance fleet that would ensure more success against the Imperial navy, specifically the Emperor himself.

Additionally, another MC90a Starcruiser departed from the docks. It was the seventh MC90a to join the massive flagship. The fleet was almost complete.

3C12kbA.png

There is nothing good in war. There is good in why we fight them.

As the small ball of metal approached Dashel at high speed, Sahv did not know whether Dashel knew yet from which direction it was approaching. However, Sahv knew that Dashel's acute visual sense would be able to serve him form III training.

Watching Dashel, Sahv sat down again to rest. Perhaps Dashel would join him for a meal.

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

Attempting to look casual as he finished off the last marble, Dashel said to Sahv, "You hungry?"

"It seems our master is dreaming of his lady-love again. We should more than a few hours to get something good to eat." Just to be sure, Dashel stretched out to sense where Locke was and verified visually his location.

Dashel took a good long look at the menu the local waiter provided him. The nice thing about the Mon Calamari diet was that it consisted of seafood, something the Triani enjoyed themselves. He hoped Sahv's stomach was up to what he was about to eat. They would be going into battle before long, and among some more traditional groups, warriors prepared themselves for battle by taking their food alive if possible and dining on them without the benefits of utensils or cooking. The Mon Cal menu had numerous raw seafood items and Dashel ordered quite a few of them. One satisfied the requirements of the Triani warrior code because it was served live.

Bloody as the meal was, Dashel was still fastidious enough that there was little mess on himself or around their table. He felt the warm feeling flooding his body that indicated the beginning of the warrior state so prized by his people. If battle came to Mon Calamari, they would meet a Triani fully in the grip of blood madness, a condition which refined their focus and enhanced their overall physicality. When Dashel looked up at Sahv again, Dashel's eyes were the black of a predator sighting his pray. The moment passed, and instead Dashel was laughing easily with their conversation. But for those whom looked closely, the predator was only thinly veiled, waiting for the moment it would be released.

Sahv had always attempted to not offend Dashel by letting him know that his eating habits were a bit... unconventional. Indeed, the two came from different cultures.

"Dashel, we are very different, you and I, and yet we have been brought together to train in the Force, and in that way and many others are very similar. It really has been a surreal experience for me, meeting new people, training under various masters, taking advice from older and wiser Jedi... I guess I never really got out much when I lived on Agamar. There, I was but an errand boy for my late uncle, and I rarely socialized. Of course, there's no big problem with that, right? I mean, everybody has a different personality. It just seems strange how, despite people's differences, there remain certain points of commonality, points to bring people from across the galaxy to participate in something greater than themselves. We are but instruments of that bigger picture, just as the lightsaber becomes an instrument of our physical body."

Sahv nodded to the waiter as he brought him a steak. Looking across, he was a bit grossed out by Dashel's eating his meat raw.

"In any event... am I making any sense? What are your thoughts on this and our position in the universe?"

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

Dashel looked at his friend for a long moment. Even someone without the force could see that he was uncomfortable with the situation he found himself in.

He finished his meal reflecting on Sahv's statements. When he finished he placed a napkin over his plates to conceal the remnants of the very excellant meal he had been served.

"Sahv," said Dashel, "For a former errand boy whose existence from what you have told me was doing what you were told when you were told, you have one of the most open and curious minds I have ever heard of. You have also seemed tolerant of others, even when their habits make you feel uneasy."

"I am not sure our place in the universe is that important. From what I know, our place seems to be determined by someone else after we get there. Instead, its our journey to that place that matters the most."

"Sometimes we are fortunate to find ourselves sharing the same path as others. When that happens, the path gets wider and we can spend a little more time looking at the horizon. We when we have the choice of an acceptable companion, we should not limit ourselves to a solitary journey.

"

Dashel grinned at Sahv, hoping the little speach had the opposite affect as his food had had on his fellow trainee.

--encrypted comm to Locke Starspanker--

Just thought I'd drop you a line and see how you and the padawans were going with the training. I'm not sure when I can return as I sense the darkness is looming. I just wanted you to know that I miss you and am thinking of you.

Love Kira.

--end comm--

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Force can do terrible things to a mind it can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity. - Carth Onasi

"I see what you mean, Dashel, and I agree that it is wiser to look at a journey over a destination. It's just that, sometimes I can lose sight of the panoramic view of life... as if I have tunnel vision, only able to see my goal at the time."

Sahv tood a drink of his Calamarian hydro juice.

"I wonder how Kirana is doing... and it's been some time since we've heard from Locke."

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

Dashel's commlink chose that moment to sound a quiet alert. He glanced at it, saw the code indicating Kala's frequency and thumbed the device to open the channel.

"Yes Kala?" said Dashel in to the link.

As an aside to Sahv he whispered, "Droids, go figure"

"Sir, an encryped communication came in for Knight Locke on a frequency reserved for use between Jedi Knights and the Chief of State of the Alliance."

"Go on." said Dashel, grateful the droid was being very discreet.

"She too is concerned with Knight Locke's continued silence. Would you like to respond to her query?"

Dashel looked across the table to meet Sahv's incredulous gaze. "My branch of the military on Triani often dealt with the interdiction and infiltration of various smuggler, bounty hunter, and other illegal groups. We whom were small craft rated were issued an astromech droid. Mine is and was unusual. I am not sure it has ever had its memory wiped and it has advanced far beyond what it is supposed to be. It continuously amazes me with what it decides to do on its own."

Into his commlink, he spoke to Kala. "No, we will not respond on that frequency. It is not the business of Padawans or their assigned droids to interfere with the business of knights or masters. Out"

He thumbed the frequency closed.